• Drumroll please... The results for the 2020 Nuzforums Extravaganza are up! Congrats to all our participants and our winners this year for the 10th anniversary! #HappyNuzYear
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Nuzlocke Ruleset Soundlocke Ruleset

Thread Description
AKA: Sound type exists in my heart, dammit!

Alan900900900

Lurker extraordinaire
Globetrotter
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is a master of having too many projects at the same time. Also, Pikablu.
Here's a little something I came up with last night. Basically a ruleset for a monotype Sound run, if Sound were an actual type. The rules are as follows:
  1. Pokemon die when they're killed.
  2. You may only catch Pokemon who learn any of the moves in this list naturally (basically any moves repelled by Soundproof).
  3. Catch the first Pokemon you encounter that meets the requirements of Rule 2.
  4. As soon as a Pokemon in the party learns a sound-based move, it must keep at least one of those in its moveset. If it learns another one later on, you may choose to keep one, the other, or both.
  5. (Optional) You may not use any Pokemon who can only learn Growl, as it's far more common than any other sound moves. Growl still counts as a sound-based move for pokemon who can learn other moves.
  6. (Hardmode rule, alternative to rule 4) Pokemon you use must learn and keep all the sound-based moves they can learn naturally.
It's a relatively simple ruleset, and I feel it works best in later gens as more sound based moves are added with time. Tell me what you think of it!

Last edited:

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Theme rules like this are fun! I don't have any technical comments to add. This seems solid, and like it would be a good base. Any sort of rules that force your hand into using different pokemon is a win in my book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)