• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Johto Teen Mon Soul Brothers [SoulSilver Nuzlocke comic]

Thread Description
Corey and his adoptive brother, Ty the Totodile, are inseparable siblings ready to take the League challenge together!

GECKO

Lizards.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
An awkward lil reptile who is just trying her best.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A Halloween message from Vlad:

theCape

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 6, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
Seems to always be starting a new campaign/project despite not having enough time.
Hoo boy, just caught up on the comic and yeah. Great run, loving the story. Just, need to see what comes next cause... yeah, your last comic is a great place to be left waiting for a new chapter /sarcasm

GECKO

Lizards.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Hoo boy, just caught up on the comic and yeah. Great run, loving the story. Just, need to see what comes next cause... yeah, your last comic is a great place to be left waiting for a new chapter /sarcasm
Thanks so much for reading! Yeah, you, uh, you picked quite a time to catch up haha

GECKO

Lizards.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Chapter 41 is up (this one is a video update.) Hope you enjoy

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
At first I was hoping it was just a fakeout. Ty and Speckles were major characters. You wouldn't kill them both off like that, right? This page really drove in the fact that they are gone.

From your cover I thought that Ty was going to be a main character alongside Corey. An unbreakable, unseparable bond. Despite the chance of death in nuzlockes, I really thought he survived the entire play through. And Speckles. She was my favorite character. She's so kind, and shy, and you wouldn't set up a character this amazing just to kill her off so soon, right? Pearl being shown in comic at all suddenly makes a lot more sense. Aaaa. The team just feels broken with how many characters have fallen now. We have Corey the main character, Omelette who is the baby, Vlad who feels a bit more feral than the others, Scarlett who feels like an outsider just there to beat team rocket, and then there's Xo and Pearl who still feel pretty new to the team.

You have established team rocket as complete monsters. It's one thing for a villain to make the entire region a terrible place full of death battles or have them kill off pokemon. But this hits harder. With all the time you spent establishing the pokemon as characters, and all of their deaths being directly caused by team rocket, it feels more personal. Like team rocket is out to get Corey's team(besides Omelette.).

GECKO

Lizards.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
At first I was hoping it was just a fakeout. Ty and Speckles were major characters. You wouldn't kill them both off like that, right? This page really drove in the fact that they are gone.

From your cover I thought that Ty was going to be a main character alongside Corey. An unbreakable, unseparable bond. Despite the chance of death in nuzlockes, I really thought he survived the entire play through. And Speckles. She was my favorite character. She's so kind, and shy, and you wouldn't set up a character this amazing just to kill her off so soon, right? Pearl being shown in comic at all suddenly makes a lot more sense. Aaaa. The team just feels broken with how many characters have fallen now. We have Corey the main character, Omelette who is the baby, Vlad who feels a bit more feral than the others, Scarlett who feels like an outsider just there to beat team rocket, and then there's Xo and Pearl who still feel pretty new to the team.

You have established team rocket as complete monsters. It's one thing for a villain to make the entire region a terrible place full of death battles or have them kill off pokemon. But this hits harder. With all the time you spent establishing the pokemon as characters, and all of their deaths being directly caused by team rocket, it feels more personal. Like team rocket is out to get Corey's team(besides Omelette.).
Ty is very much the second protagonist, you're right about that. He's just no longer with the team in the same capacity. Thank you as always for the comment and the support. I really like reading your assessments of what's going on

Kadew

sometimes life really is quite lovely
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
It was supposed to be the two of them, all the way... augh the big formal family funeral, the backs of everyone in the greyscale rain... excellent video, nailed the mood, I'm gonna go lie down for a bit.

Captain Demozan

Perseverant quitter
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 20, 2021
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/They/Zan
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
A Zangoose-Slurpuff hybrid with an intense love for Puyo Puyo. He has a heavy dislike for himself, and is quick to deny compliments.
Stay in your lane, Kyogre. Your endless rain is nothing... Compared to my tears.

This was what I was worried about this whole run, and now, it finally happened. The titular duo, the inseparable brothers... And now one of them is gone. I wish the worst upon Team Rocket. They get no sympathy from me.

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
You're amazing, you know that? I really really did not expect that the worst possible thing could happen - that either you would use a run for this story in which Ty died, or that you got the idea for the story after the run. It's just crossing a line of sadness that seemed forbidden. Yet here we are. :')

How do I say it, uh- I did not love the surprise, but I loved being surprised and feeling things! Big respect to you for making a story like this, and those latest scenes were incredibly well made. (Like always, hah).

I'm glad their deaths were meaningful, they knew what they were getting into and they made a difference. They shouldn't have to, but I guess that's what their world is like right now.
Man, the empty bed is an image that will stick with me forever...

I have no idea where we're going from here, but I know that I'm afraid!

GECKO

Lizards.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
You're amazing, you know that?
*absolutely sobbing my eyes out in the corner*

Really though, thank you. It's hard to say I'm happy, because the comic is in a not-happy place right now, but I'm very grateful to see that it has impacted people so much. I've been extremely nervous about this part of the story and how people would react and whether people will wanna keep reading with him gone, so thank you so much for expressing your thoughts on this update

GECKO

Lizards.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Chapter 42 is up!

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
Somebody give Corey a flame thrower. I am really wondering why no one has a gun. Sure sending out monsters may be more powerful but when it comes to team rocket I don't see why they can't have extra protection. Since Corey doesn't have a flame thrower and he only brought Omelette I don't feel like his plan is going to go well. I love the panels of Corey riding Omelette. Omelette's redesign suddenly makes a lot more sense. I love the twist of Skye being the champion. It's such a cool callback to your other comic.

GECKO

Lizards.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Somebody give Corey a flame thrower. I am really wondering why no one has a gun. Sure sending out monsters may be more powerful but when it comes to team rocket I don't see why they can't have extra protection. Since Corey doesn't have a flame thrower and he only brought Omelette I don't feel like his plan is going to go well. I love the panels of Corey riding Omelette. Omelette's redesign suddenly makes a lot more sense. I love the twist of Skye being the champion. It's such a cool callback to your other comic.
Guns do exist in this universe, but they are illegal and therefore extremely rare

Also, don't worry. The rest of the team is with him, just in their balls to make travelling faster :)

And thanks! I have been so excited to reveal Skye for so long <3

Waweezer

Conqueror of the Mahogany Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon is known to make weird comics at random, no one really knows why.
I feel so bad for Corey right now, I wonder how this series will go with one of it’s twin main protagonists. Also, she’s finally here! Is there a reason why you decided to make this character the champion?

GECKO

Lizards.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
I feel so bad for Corey right now, I wonder how this series will go with one of it’s twin main protagonists. Also, she’s finally here! Is there a reason why you decided to make this character the champion?
She is the protagonist from my other Nuzlocke comic! Soul Brothers takes place chronologically after that comic in the same universe, so Skye is the Champion :)

Waweezer

Conqueror of the Mahogany Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon is known to make weird comics at random, no one really knows why.
She is the protagonist from my other Nuzlocke comic! Soul Brothers takes place chronologically after that comic in the same universe, so Skye is the Champion :)
I never knew that you had a nuzlocke before this, guess I gonna have to read some of it now

GECKO

Lizards.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry

Users who are viewing this thread