• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Johto Teen Mon Soul Brothers [SoulSilver Nuzlocke comic]

Thread Description
Corey and his adoptive brother, Ty the Totodile, are inseparable siblings ready to take the League challenge together!

GECKO

Lizards.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
An awkward lil reptile who is just trying her best.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The battle is made even worse by the fact that it's Jasmine's master level Steelix. Her best partner and friend losing their mind to rage. Powerful enough to beat the elite 4, it's levels above her gym battle. It pains me that Garret said it was a suicide mission, and was right. I like when Garret screams for Corey to tell them what to do. It's a life and death crazy situation and their attacks seem to be barely denting the Steelix, the perfect time for a trainer to do what they claim their role is. I was really worried about Ty there for a moment. I though he actually died and started wondering how the comic would go on without such a core part of it. I was pretty relieved to see Ty wake up, only to be punched in the feels a few seconds later. I like the format you put Garret's death in, it made me go "wait no. no no no" as the unstoppable happened. The team being the only ones at his funeral just makes it even sadder(though it makes sense for Garret's character). Ahh it's a repeat of Runt with Corey, I still remember when he caught Pearl without asking and tried to push forward without Ty. Ahh why do I feel like one of those mind controlled pokemon either wiped out Scarlet's family, or team rocket mind controlled them all forcing them to be put down. Now I can see why her resolve to take down team rocket is so strong. She might have been acting cold before but she was focused on a mission. Ahh just Omelette and Scarlet comforting each other
I'm glad it was impactful. This scene has been planned for a very long time and I put LOTS of thought and time into its execution, so thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts!

GECKO

Lizards.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Chapter 38 is up! Enjoy!

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
"We worry about our only friends" ooooooof felt that right in my heart

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
maybe it is best to just leave the matter to the authority..
if they are more competent that is!!

The dilemma, between doing the kinda right thing, wanting some action, and fearing for one's safety makes this rocket hunting thing pretty complicated, huh

GECKO

Lizards.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
maybe it is best to just leave the matter to the authority..
if they are more competent that is!!

The dilemma, between doing the kinda right thing, wanting some action, and fearing for one's safety makes this rocket hunting thing pretty complicated, huh
Indeed it does! Things can never be easy, can they? : P

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
I love when Speckles burned Corey's dance dance evolution skills XD. But oh no, Corey is not taking the loss well, just like how he caught Pearl in anger after Ty split up to chase team rocket that one time. Celia mentioned that Ty's team are her only friends, just how restrictive are the kimono girls who took her in? I know they don't like tattoos or piercings, but Kira and Celia seem like they were a bit isolated from others. Why do I have a feeling that team rocket got to Scarlett's family? If they did, and Scarlet pleaded with them. She might know it's a lost cause better than anyone...

I'm noticing a trend of team rocket being involved with every death. I like it. It keeps the tone of the world where pokemon don't battle to the death, while highlighting just how vile team rocket truly is.

GECKO

Lizards.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
I love when Speckles burned Corey's dance dance evolution skills XD. But oh no, Corey is not taking the loss well, just like how he caught Pearl in anger after Ty split up to chase team rocket that one time. Celia mentioned that Ty's team are her only friends, just how restrictive are the kimono girls who took her in? I know they don't like tattoos or piercings, but Kira and Celia seem like they were a bit isolated from others. Why do I have a feeling that team rocket got to Scarlett's family? If they did, and Scarlet pleaded with them. She might know it's a lost cause better than anyone...

I'm noticing a trend of team rocket being involved with every death. I like it. It keeps the tone of the world where pokemon don't battle to the death, while highlighting just how vile team rocket truly is.
The Kimono Guild doesn't explicitly prevent Celia and Kira from talking to people or anything, hence letting Corey's gang visit, but there doesn't happen to be anyone their age currently in the guild so they don't meet peers very often

And I'm glad you like that aspect of Team Rocket! That's definitely why I chose to make the deaths happen during Rocket encounters so far

GECKO

Lizards.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Chapter 39 is up! Enjoy!

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
Xo gaining arms when they evolve is kinda hilarious, yet also makes a lot of sense at the same time. I love seeing Corey and Ty work together to help guide their teammates to victory. Pryce's team makes a lot more sense here then it does in the games. The extra variety and type coverage is awesome. I love that panel of Speckles being like so proud! It's the ultimate reaction image. With Omelette being able to topple a Mamoswine it's no wonder why team rocket wants to get to them. Please stay safe, is they got to Omelette, that amount of psychic power would cause mass destruction. Or perhaps they are planning to do something else with Omelette...

Waweezer

Conqueror of the Mahogany Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon is known to make weird comics at random, no one really knows why.
I love the redesigns in this comic, raptor togetic and robo hand magneton are super cool!

dang man, garret's death was heartbreaking, especially the epilouge showing that prior to joining the team he had no one to call family or even a friend, R.I.P nidodude

GECKO

Lizards.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Xo gaining arms when they evolve is kinda hilarious, yet also makes a lot of sense at the same time. I love seeing Corey and Ty work together to help guide their teammates to victory. Pryce's team makes a lot more sense here then it does in the games. The extra variety and type coverage is awesome. I love that panel of Speckles being like so proud! It's the ultimate reaction image. With Omelette being able to topple a Mamoswine it's no wonder why team rocket wants to get to them. Please stay safe, is they got to Omelette, that amount of psychic power would cause mass destruction. Or perhaps they are planning to do something else with Omelette...
Everyone is so proud of the baby <3 He is indeed growing quite strong!

GECKO

Lizards.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Made a goofy little animatic for y'all to enjoy!

GECKO

Lizards.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
I love the redesigns in this comic, raptor togetic and robo hand magneton are super cool!

dang man, garret's death was heartbreaking, especially the epilouge showing that prior to joining the team he had no one to call family or even a friend, R.I.P nidodude
Thanks so much! I'm proud of those designs, so I'm glad to hear people like them ^_^

Kadew

sometimes life really is quite lovely
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
Turning the second and third orbs of magneton into big round punchy hands is a super unique take on the guy. Congrats Xo for having grabbers now! I love and support this orb x3 now

GECKO

Lizards.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Turning the second and third orbs of magneton into big round punchy hands is a super unique take on the guy. Congrats Xo for having grabbers now! I love and support this orb x3 now
Thank you!! I really enjoy Xo's design so I'm glad you do too ^_^

GECKO

Lizards.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Chapter 40 is up

Kadew

sometimes life really is quite lovely
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
Hey. Gecko. Hey. Buddy. Turn on your location. I wanna talk. Just. MMMMmmh. That silence in that last part. Those last few panels. Really, it's, good story telling. Real good. Excuse me I need to go scream.

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
welp, that's one way to drop the plural from the title

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
They're just knocked out right? No one checked their pulse. There's no visible injuries on them. If they were really dead there would be anime style soot/scratches on their bodies, right? Please tell me someone just forgot to check their pulse. Besides it's not like Corey is going to walk up to Ty to find out he's alive, with a dart in him. That is the cruelest thing that could happen.
In your Halloween collab piece both Speckles and Ty were in it and they died were seriously injured, does that mean that Vlad is next?

If I had to guess what happened it makes no sense that Ty and Speckles were sent out against the red Gyarados instead of Xo. But the battle caused an explosion, and team rocket Koffing are infamous for exploding. Why wouldn't you trust your super effective psychic type or your strongest teammate starter to deal with them. Please let them be okay, it's not like you would kill off a main character like that, right? Please let that be right.

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Seconding Kadee's request for you to kindly turn on your location I'm buddie ol' pal. Just so I can congratulate you in person with a sweater made of irl tears~!

Users who are viewing this thread