• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Johto Teen Mon Soul Brothers [SoulSilver Nuzlocke comic]

Thread Description
Corey and his adoptive brother, Ty the Totodile, are inseparable siblings ready to take the League challenge together!

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
I love this page, there are so many good character interactions here. I love how Corey drags everyone out to get ice cream, and how Vlad has a giant bowl of ice cream. Corey isn't shown with any ice cream, does that mean he ate it so fast that the panels didn't show it before he ate it all? I love the designs for the Smeargle and Bulbasaur newscasters. Oh no they want to interview Garret. Why do I have the feeling that they'll make fun of his inability to evolve or something. At best they'll do an informational piece about how some Nidos can't fully evolve, but even that could let people know who would make fun of Garret for not being able to evolve. But in the end, he swallowed his pride to help protect the world from team Rocket. I love how everyone tries to get an interview, how Speckles tries to share her entire life's story and how Omellett's life story is short, how Xo actually wants to give them useful information that they pass off, and how Vlad asks if he should take their soul XD. I like that panel of the entire team walking forward. I wonder if there will be more lore of the feral pokemon the next time they appear, gulp. Please don't let things go horribly wrong again. I like the use of pokeballs in the last panel, returning everyone so Lori can carry so many people makes so much sense.

GECKO

Lizards.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
An awkward lil reptile who is just trying her best.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I love this page, there are so many good character interactions here. I love how Corey drags everyone out to get ice cream, and how Vlad has a giant bowl of ice cream. Corey isn't shown with any ice cream, does that mean he ate it so fast that the panels didn't show it before he ate it all? I love the designs for the Smeargle and Bulbasaur newscasters. Oh no they want to interview Garret. Why do I have the feeling that they'll make fun of his inability to evolve or something. At best they'll do an informational piece about how some Nidos can't fully evolve, but even that could let people know who would make fun of Garret for not being able to evolve. But in the end, he swallowed his pride to help protect the world from team Rocket. I love how everyone tries to get an interview, how Speckles tries to share her entire life's story and how Omellett's life story is short, how Xo actually wants to give them useful information that they pass off, and how Vlad asks if he should take their soul XD. I like that panel of the entire team walking forward. I wonder if there will be more lore of the feral pokemon the next time they appear, gulp. Please don't let things go horribly wrong again. I like the use of pokeballs in the last panel, returning everyone so Lori can carry so many people makes so much sense.
Thank you!! Character interactions are one of my favorite parts of storytelling :)

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
Me at the beginning: oh these kids are fun, this art is hella cute, oh I LOVE these Pokemon designs

Me during the first three extras: a-am… I moved to TEARS… by a human kid and a Totodile who are brothers??? 😭

Me, after Morty’s gym: I AM DEFINITELY CRYING AT THE LADY GENTLY INTRODUCING OMELETTE TO THE CONCEPT OF DEATH AND THE LOSS OF RUNT 😭😭😭 I AM CRYING OVER TY MOURNING THE FRIEND WHO SAVED HIS LIFE 😭😭😭

Man, this comic has been making me cry, gasp and laugh on a regular basis. I thought this was just gonna be a lighthearted fun comic, and does have so much heart! But god, it cuts so deep sometimes ❤️ (Also your designs are INCREDIBLE, goddamn. Omelette was too cute to handle as a Togepi but as a Togetic? GORGEOUS. Speckle’s floppy ears and freckles and neck chub are all to die for. And I ADORE Vlad’s wee :3 face. BLESSED DESIGN)

Kadew

sometimes life really is quite lovely
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
Victory ice cream is a great idea anytime and everytime. Also I looooove this team of pokemon, how they all jumped right in to defend Garret from the nosy reporters by being so adorably annoying and annoyingly adorable that they couldn't get a word in edgewise. That's the good good friendship.

GECKO

Lizards.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Me at the beginning: oh these kids are fun, this art is hella cute, oh I LOVE these Pokemon designs

Me during the first three extras: a-am… I moved to TEARS… by a human kid and a Totodile who are brothers??? 😭

Me, after Morty’s gym: I AM DEFINITELY CRYING AT THE LADY GENTLY INTRODUCING OMELETTE TO THE CONCEPT OF DEATH AND THE LOSS OF RUNT 😭😭😭 I AM CRYING OVER TY MOURNING THE FRIEND WHO SAVED HIS LIFE 😭😭😭

Man, this comic has been making me cry, gasp and laugh on a regular basis. I thought this was just gonna be a lighthearted fun comic, and does have so much heart! But god, it cuts so deep sometimes ❤️ (Also your designs are INCREDIBLE, goddamn. Omelette was too cute to handle as a Togepi but as a Togetic? GORGEOUS. Speckle’s floppy ears and freckles and neck chub are all to die for. And I ADORE Vlad’s wee :3 face. BLESSED DESIGN)
THANK YOU FOR THE KIND WORDS

I'm so glad you're enjoying it and getting so emotionally invested! That makes me so happy!!

And your comment about the designs....*sob* THANK YOU. I put a lot of thought into them!!

Kit_The_Feef

Someone who draws too much ¯\_(ಠωಠ)_/¯
Artist
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Comic artist. Idiot. Has far too many active projects for his own sanity. Unreliable when it comes to updates on his non-comic endeavours.

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
"You weren't such a bad crowd to run with"

Welp time to cry for the rest of the week (at least ) about this :')

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
Oh look I'm crying again ohnooooooooooo

Captain Demozan

Perseverant quitter
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 20, 2021
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/They/Zan
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
A Zangoose-Slurpuff hybrid with an intense love for Puyo Puyo. He has a heavy dislike for himself, and is quick to deny compliments.
Step 1: Read the newest Soul Brothers update

Step 2:

EzCog0iWgAQgKey.jpeg

crashcrashcrash

More like trashtrashtrash, amiright
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 11, 2021
Nature
Brave
Pokémon Type
  1. Fighting
  2. Flying
I'M NOOT CYRING YOU'RE CRYIONG

...I'm crying

Just... all the emotion on that last page... UGGGH you pulled it off so well, curse you for it.

Also um did a Ninetales just evolve into an Alolan Ninetales, are we just gonna skip right over that, or

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
What a way to go.......
This battle was incredible! The stakes, the choreography, everyone doing their unique parts, Scarlet's badass evolution lighting up the whole area... And most importantly, the two perfect Garrett moments of him being the one telling Corey to give instructions and of his reaction to everyone cheering on him made me go AWWW YEAH!
I'm so so sad, but this part was amazingly well done, and if Garrett had to go, I'm glad it happened in just the way that was right for him.

GECKO

Lizards.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Chapter 37 is up, everybody!

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
I thought there'd be less crying with this update Gecko

GECKO

Lizards.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
I am crying for many reasons but I am glad Scarlet let Omlette do a hug

GECKO

Lizards.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
The battle is made even worse by the fact that it's Jasmine's master level Steelix. Her best partner and friend losing their mind to rage. Powerful enough to beat the elite 4, it's levels above her gym battle. It pains me that Garret said it was a suicide mission, and was right. I like when Garret screams for Corey to tell them what to do. It's a life and death crazy situation and their attacks seem to be barely denting the Steelix, the perfect time for a trainer to do what they claim their role is. I was really worried about Ty there for a moment. I though he actually died and started wondering how the comic would go on without such a core part of it. I was pretty relieved to see Ty wake up, only to be punched in the feels a few seconds later. I like the format you put Garret's death in, it made me go "wait no. no no no" as the unstoppable happened. The team being the only ones at his funeral just makes it even sadder(though it makes sense for Garret's character). Ahh it's a repeat of Runt with Corey, I still remember when he caught Pearl without asking and tried to push forward without Ty. Ahh why do I feel like one of those mind controlled pokemon either wiped out Scarlet's family, or team rocket mind controlled them all forcing them to be put down. Now I can see why her resolve to take down team rocket is so strong. She might have been acting cold before but she was focused on a mission. Ahh just Omelette and Scarlet comforting each other

Users who are viewing this thread