• Ten years and still kicking! Nominations are here for the 2020 Nuzforums Extravaganza! #HappyNuzYear
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
Thread Description
A PMD: Gates to Infinity Dungeonlocke | On Hiatus; PART ONE NOW COMPLETE

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!! But don´t forget to wear one
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
There´s a lot to unpack in this chapter, I don´t know if I could mention all of it in one setting.
But one thing is absolute, this is such a great finale for the first part of this epic story.

We can all imagine what kind of dangers and adventures will Elaine and company get themselves into next time.

But for now, let´s just enjoy this time of peace, while it lasts.

cyndakip

there goes my luck
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Part Cyndaquil, part Mudkip, entirely tired.
A great end to a great first arc! Things got pretty dark for a while there, so I'm glad everyone was able to come out of it mostly okay. Virizion is certainly interesting, especially learning that she has some history with the church and Catrin...

The team is shaping up nicely, and I'm excited for the next part!

Xita

Moo
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Atta girl Elaine. You forgive, but you don’t forget. 😉

Been meaning to comment on this for some time now, but with the hiatus and Comment Corner going around I seized this timing to catch up. And it remains as captivating as ever! I will admit, I’m not fond of Elaine or Catrin yet (they kind of veer between two extremes for me) but when they’re both together they sort of cancel out all that extreme positivity and negativity so neither get’s too overbearing. Both end up taking hits regularly on their beliefs anyway.

I think at the end of the day this locke has made me realize that I don’t remember as much of GTI as I thought I did, which is sad because I really enjoyed that game but I did start to remember more things as I read along, namely that Stompstump Peak has some ace music and Verizon Wireles Virizion.

I think the thing I like a lot about this writing-wise is Elaine’s voice. It’s strong on its own in dialogue but it drips into every facet of the prose, whether it’s the real-life references or squeeing about how cute something is. It can be heavy-handed at times, but I think the locke would be a lot lesser with a normal dry narrator.

Congrats on the noms in the ganza and looking forward to Part 2!

Salt&PepperBunny

Formerly MouseWithADinosaurTail
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Rabbits are so human. Or perhaps, humans are so rabbit?
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How about some overdue replies, huh? I always feel weird replying when I don't have any new content to share. Sorry about that. ;;;^^
Right!

Sounds a lot like Manny shouting something to the effect of, “Y’know, I think I liked you better when you were extinct!” In Ice Age 3.
LOL you right! Though I'd hope my run's version had a darker connotation? Otherwise I ain't doin mah job.

There´s a lot to unpack in this chapter, I don´t know if I could mention all of it in one setting.
But one thing is absolute, this is such a great finale for the first part of this epic story.

We can all imagine what kind of dangers and adventures will Elaine and company get themselves into next time.

But for now, let´s just enjoy this time of peace, while it lasts.
Ahhhhh thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Yes we have a moment of peace now, but considering it came right after our main cast almost got butchered, is it truly peace? Hmmmm.

A great end to a great first arc! Things got pretty dark for a while there, so I'm glad everyone was able to come out of it mostly okay. Virizion is certainly interesting, especially learning that she has some history with the church and Catrin...

The team is shaping up nicely, and I'm excited for the next part!
Thanks a ton, Cyndakip! Yeah, chapter 16 had a lot of fun content I was excited to get in there. We know next to nothing about Catrin, maybe that should change... 👀

Atta girl Elaine. You forgive, but you don’t forget. 😉

Been meaning to comment on this for some time now, but with the hiatus and Comment Corner going around I seized this timing to catch up. And it remains as captivating as ever! I will admit, I’m not fond of Elaine or Catrin yet (they kind of veer between two extremes for me) but when they’re both together they sort of cancel out all that extreme positivity and negativity so neither get’s too overbearing. Both end up taking hits regularly on their beliefs anyway.

I think at the end of the day this locke has made me realize that I don’t remember as much of GTI as I thought I did, which is sad because I really enjoyed that game but I did start to remember more things as I read along, namely that Stompstump Peak has some ace music and Verizon Wireles Virizion.

I think the thing I like a lot about this writing-wise is Elaine’s voice. It’s strong on its own in dialogue but it drips into every facet of the prose, whether it’s the real-life references or squeeing about how cute something is. It can be heavy-handed at times, but I think the locke would be a lot lesser with a normal dry narrator.

Congrats on the noms in the ganza and looking forward to Part 2!
She don't forget!

Thanks so much for the big comment, it's always so great to get these! Hopefully I can change your thoughts on Elaine and Catrin at some point (Catrin will maybe be likeable someday guys, I SWEAR), but for the time being, I'm really impressed I managed to keep you reading despite you not liking the leads! I guess I'm still doing something right? But yeah I don't blame you for not liking Catrin, I intentionally have made him unlikable so I guess that means I'm doing my job? I'll take another look at Elaine though! Maybe I can figure out a good way to adjust her characterization for the next arc.

It honestly does make me sad that Gates to Infinity, and by extension PSMD, get zero attention compared to EoS and Rescue Team. Like, GUYS! GATES TO INFINITY IS GOOD! Yeah it definitely has problems and the gameplay is weaker compared to other PMD installments, but the story slaps! It has the best villain in all of PMD, a really strong supporting cast, the best theme work in all of PMD. I'm glad my run can help bring this game a little attention because the newer installments of PMD don't deserve to get slept on in favor of EoS and Rescue Team. (Especially goddamn Rescue Team, those games' story are NOT THAT GOOD compared to later! Nyegh!) *Ahem* anyway...

Part two will have a lot of experimentation with the voice of the narration. I can try adjusting the balance to make it a little less heavy-handed, but I honestly really enjoy writing in Elaine's voice. ^^ It's definitely difficult to write in and is part of the reason why part two is so delayed >.> but I'll try my best to make Solstice the best it can be!

Thanks again for the comment and all your support! <3

So! :D Solstice got second place in the ganza, for Best Worldbuilding and Best New Written Run! I just wanted to give a huge THANK YOU to everyone who nominated this run, voted for it, promo'd it, gave it shout outs, left it comments, chatted with me about it on discord, anything of the sort! Getting to write for this forum has honestly been an incredible experience. For a long time, I thought no one liked my writing, that maybe I was just a bad writer and I would never get that attention I wanted. But Solstice has been received with so much love and warmth and kindness. Honestly, thank you so much for making me and my writing feel welcomed here.

Now, while I'm here, I just wanted to speak a little bit about part two. I headed off the forum in late November to get to writing the second part, and admittedly..... it has been very, very delayed. ;;;>n> I've got about a chapter and a half rough drafted, but I've been struggling massively with my writing lately, and every time I think I've had a breakthrough, I just slip right back into writer's block. I'm really sorry! I'd love to bring this run back as fast as possible. I'm just struggling for the time being. But I promise to keep chipping away at it and trying to work through the block. Sometimes I get a little worried that maybe people will have forgotten about this run by the time I manage to get back to it properly, but I'm keeping my chin up! A little bit at a time. So sorry for the delays, but I promise I'm working on it as fast as I can. ^^

Maybe that was kinda bad news to bring when I'm supposed to be here thanking you all. I apologize for that. But really, thank you for the love this run has gotten and for the second place medals! See you soon!

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Now, while I'm here, I just wanted to speak a little bit about part two. I headed off the forum in late November to get to writing the second part, and admittedly..... it has been very, very delayed. ;;;>n> I've got about a chapter and a half rough drafted, but I've been struggling massively with my writing lately, and every time I think I've had a breakthrough, I just slip right back into writer's block. I'm really sorry! I'd love to bring this run back as fast as possible. I'm just struggling for the time being. But I promise to keep chipping away at it and trying to work through the block. Sometimes I get a little worried that maybe people will have forgotten about this run by the time I manage to get back to it properly, but I'm keeping my chin up! A little bit at a time. So sorry for the delays, but I promise I'm working on it as fast as I can. ^^
I know that feel, sister! I'm currently having to deal with that myself. My ability to write seems to ebb and flow -- sometimes I'm super-inspired and can crank out six chapters in a week, sometimes I'm like Cedar trying to write a letter.

Just letting you know, I've been there, and it's okay. Take care of yourself. We'll be here.

Ketsuba~n

Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 9, 2019
Take as much time as you need! Don't overwork yourself. Do what you want to do, not what impatient readers want you to do.

I read the first 3 chapters of Solstice a few months ago, and binged the other 13 the day I promo'd it for the Ganza. It truly is an amazing Nuzlocke. (Though I do question how, without a sun, the Pokemon didn't all die after a couple of minutes.)

Salt&PepperBunny

Formerly MouseWithADinosaurTail
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Rabbits are so human. Or perhaps, humans are so rabbit?
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know that feel, sister! I'm currently having to deal with that myself. My ability to write seems to ebb and flow -- sometimes I'm super-inspired and can crank out six chapters in a week, sometimes I'm like Cedar trying to write a letter.

Just letting you know, I've been there, and it's okay. Take care of yourself. We'll be here.
Thanks so much Trollkitten. That means more than you know. ❤ You're really kind.

Take as much time as you need! Don't overwork yourself. Do what you want to do, not what impatient readers want you to do.

I read the first 3 chapters of Solstice a few months ago, and binged the other 13 the day I promo'd it for the Ganza. It truly is an amazing Nuzlocke. (Though I do question how, without a sun, the Pokemon didn't all die after a couple of minutes.)
Ahhhhh, thank you Guma! I'm glad you enjoyed binging it. ^w^ And I still remember your promo, it was a treasure to see.

And honestly, as for that worldbuilding question...... Solstice is fantasy AF, some things you just gotta not question. Heeheh

TerryTheTeryx

Gen Z Degenerate
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Flying, Rock
Pokédex Entry
A bizarre Pokémon who dislikes many social activities. She appears to have a penchant for peanut butter and learning foreign languages.
No worries— You've achieved a lot as it is! Many, many congratulations, Mouse! You deserve it~ <3

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!! But don´t forget to wear one
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
Solstice is honestly one of the greatest runs I've ever read, and it truly deserves all the accolades it has. You put your heart, time and effort into the project, and it truly shows.

We don't mind the wait for part two: Take all the time you want, it'll be all worth it, no matter what.

LHarm2007

Nuzlocker
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 18, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He, His
Pokémon Type
Electric, Grass
Pokédex Entry
I swear I tried to think of a Pokédex description. They all sound very cringe though.
I read this cause I’m a very new but big fan of the Mystery Dungeon series and it was written by you. But dang this is really nice. It kind of gives me Tales of Elysium vibes with its dark nature. Keep it up!

LHarm2007

Nuzlocker
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 18, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He, His
Pokémon Type
Electric, Grass
Pokédex Entry
I swear I tried to think of a Pokédex description. They all sound very cringe though.
Lol I got one more thing. I think it will be interesting to find out how Espeon a character in this game would have evolved when there is only night.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
I'm guessing Espeon evolved sometime before the sun went out.

Plain Yogurt

Happy Dairy Product
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ground
Pokédex Entry
An ordinary dairy product. Dislikes conflict, and does whatever he can to bring happiness to others.
Man there’s a lot going on in this story but the one thing running through my head throughout most of it was holy crap Catrin’s a DIIIIIIICK. He’s clearly been through a lot and it’s torn him up in a way that’s made him a nasty, NASTY little punk that you only root for because he’s on Elaine’s side and I am immensely interested in seeing how he’ll be handled further down the line. What the heck happened to him that’s made him so uncomfortably desperate. That bit near the end where he’s caught by the Pawniard was so good and so dang unpleasant, dude.

Meanwhile I’m just sitting here like dang the game just hands you Virizon? She’s quite intriguing too. So unflappable at like, everything that’s happened. Brin and Macsen are lovely, and are quite needed sources of levity in this dark story. I’m digging how Brin put it, that “all the heroes are showing up.” Because this story sure needs them, geez.

Take whatever time you need getting the next part put together! I’m Excited to see where things go next!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)