• Episode Four of The Writer's Locke is now live! In this episode we're introducing two new stories, In the Sun's Embrace and Run Away, Survivors, and having a discussion about writing antagonists!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Skarm's Nuzlocke Hall of Fame

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
Bringing this back from the old forums:

Final Team: Sceptile, Mightyena Tentacruel, Camerupt, Electrode, Gyarados
Deaths: Slakoth, Poochyena, Vibrava, Mightyena, Gyarados
Other teammates: Linoone, Beautifly, Hariyama, Graveler
(First run, I only used the two core rules. Was surprised it went as well as it did. Only run I didn't use dupes clause in. Also was planned to be a storylocke, but...that's not gonna happen, although I did make some headway in it (28K words) a long time ago.)
Final Team: Charizard, Kadabra, Dugtrio, Vaporeon, Snorlax, Magneton
Deaths: Butterfree
Other teammates: Raticate, Vileplume, Fearow
(Core rules plus dupes clause. I never evolved Kadabra because at the time I wasn't sure if trade evos were okay or not. So close to deathless...except Butterfree died around Misty, so maybe not.)
Final Team: Feraligatr, Sandslash, Hypno, Crobat, Gyarados, Electrode
Deaths: Zubat, Raticate, Nidoking, Ampharos, Pidgeotto
Other teammates: Graveler, Raticate (a second one)
(Core rules plus dupes, but a dupe was okay if I lost the first 'mon. This run had the worst battle I've had in any run: Goldenrod Silver's Meganium can burn in hell-lost three 'mons to it.)
Final Team: Torterra, Staraptor (shiny!), Floatzel, Honchkrow, Gengar, Bronzong
Deaths: Shinx, Kricketune, Geodude, Pikachu, Mr. Mime, Rapidash
Other teammates: Bibarel
Shinies: Staraptor, Psyduck
(Core rules, dupes (deaths allow dupes), Set mode. First shiny in a locke-less than an hour in too! Also first time I ever caught two shinies in one playthrough, and the first and only time I've played Set. Also this is around when I first joined the forums!)
Final Team: Emboar, Gigalith, Conkledurr, Krookodile, Sigilyph, Zekrom (Stoutland up until the E4)
Deaths: Patrat, Pansage, Unfeazant, Leavanny, Stoutland
(Core rules plus additional rule where I could only change teammates after a death, and had to use the next 'mon I caught regardless of type. First run where I never boxed someone unless they died.)
Final Team: Samurott, Magnezone, Crobat, Cofagrigus, Sandslash, Zoroark
Deaths: Sewaddle, Darumaka, Sandslash
Other teammates: Watchog, Stoutland
(First documented run, but it was trash-don't look it up. Also first time I ever used a rotation team, which worked really well. No special rules besides dupes.)
Final Team: Blastoise, Pidgeot, Butterfree, Beedrill, Ninetales, Rhydon
Deaths: Mankey, Weepinbell, Rhydon
Other teammates: Parasect
(Extra rule where I could only use 'mons I'd never really used before. Largely became a Blastoise solo toward the end, although everyone did manage to fight in the league.)
Final Team: Infernape, Luxray, Steelix, Leafeon, Porygon-Z, Quagsire
Deaths: Staravia, Psyduck, Shellos, Rotom, Pelipper, Luxray, Quagsire, Steelix
Other teammates: Kricketune
(Second documented run, and this one was much better than the first. Highest death count of all my runs, but still lower than I expected given the horror stories I'd heard about Platinum. Also the worst a league run ever went for me-all three survivors were at half HP or less by the end.)
Final Team: Sceptile, Mightyena, Breloom, Exploud (shiny!), Aggron, Electrode
Deathless run!
Other teammates: Beautifly, Azumarill
(Third documented run, and a favorite since I told it from my starter's POV. First deathless run, and second shiny to go all the way!)
Final Team: Typhlosion, Golem, Nidoking, Espeon, Ampharos, Kingdra (Mantine at the league)
Deaths: Hoothoot, Gastly, Slowpoke, Raticate, Magneton, Mantine
(I decided to go to Kanto this time since I didn't in the first run. I wanted to go to Red, but just didn't see grinding 120+ levels (everyone was around 58 after Blue) being feasible.)
Final Team: Empoleon, Bibarel, Gliscor, Dusknoir, Tangrowth, Magmortar
Deaths: Kricketune, Roselia, Crobat, Gallade, Rotom, Golduck
(I banned certain 'mons due to overuse (Starly, Shinx, Buizel, Geodude, Onix). And yes, I took a Bibarel from the first route all the way to the league, and she even killed Cynthia's Milotic. Losing half the team near the end (two to Volkner and the third in Victory Road) sucked though. Another run where I didn't box anyone unless they died.)
Final Team: Greninja, Charizard, Scolipede, Steelix, Lucario, Garchomp
Deaths: Budew, Farfetch'd, Snorlax
(Originally I didn't think I'd be able to do Gen 6 runs because I couldn't use Pokebank, but eventually I got it to work. Only allowed Megas in major fights, and used Amie (one heart for any 'mon who was used in a gym.) Not sure if my favorite moment was Scolipede OHKOing Megados or Garchomp saving the run against Diantha's Goodra.)
Final Team: Sceptile, Hariyama, Manectric, Skarmory, Absol, Walrein
Deaths: Shroomish, Poochyena, Tentacool, Beautifly, Loudred, Linoone, Gyarados
(Same rules about Megas and Amie, and Dexnav was allowed, but I only used it a couple times IIRC. Last two deaths pissed me off, given they really shouldn't have happened.)
Final Team: Serperior, Archeops, Sigilyph, Chandelure, Beartic, Seismitoad
Deaths: Liepard, Boldore, Vanillite, Watchog, Simipour
Other teammates: Tranquill
(Not much to say here except this run redeemed Chandelure for me after losing 'mons to Shauntal's twice. Also first Ice-type I used in a run, and first to reach the end, giving me each type represented in a league.)
Final Team: Sceptile, Salamence, Politoed, Electabuzz, Sandslash, Moltres
Deaths: Ledyba, Minun, Vigoroth, Skarmory, Aggron
Other teammates: Venusaur, Hariyama
Shinies: Kingdra
(Probably my favorite documented run. I had so much fun with this one, even if it had arguably the most gut-wrenching death ever. May eventually do a sequel?)
Final Team: Emboar, Magnezone, Magmortar, Skarmory, Golduck, Weavile
Deaths: Flaaffy, Watchog, Umbreon, Sealeo, Starmie, Mandibuzz, Skarmory, Weavile
Other teammates: Leavanny
(Tied for highest death count. Also probably the best example of deaths snowballing-I'd only had one until six badges in, then the others started dropping quickly.)
Final Team: Delphox, Aerodactyl, Golurk, Flygon, Lucario, Magnezone
Deaths: Farfetch'd, Skiddo, Hippopotas, Wormadam-T, Mienfoo, Blastoise
Other teammates: Vivillon
Shinies: Foongus
(Same rule about Megas as the other Gen 6 runs. Lot of late evolvers this run, and most of them made it. Still pissed about Mienfoo dying five levels away though.)
Final Team: Chesnaught, Crawdaunt, Jolteon, Hippowdon, Skarmory, Charizard
Deathless run!
Other teammates: Crobat, Leavanny, Gallade, Drapion
(First wonderlocke, and it was a blast. Second deathless run, and I got to have both my namesake 'mons on the team! Also literally the first time I've ever gotten Pokerus in the 20-ish years it's existed.)
Final Team: Sceptile, Volcarona, Marowak, Alakazam, Carracosta, Heliolisk
Deaths: Scraggy, Smoochum
Other teammates: Amoongus (shiny!)
Shinies: Amoongus, Metagross, Exploud, Snorlax
(Second wonderlocke may have been even more fun than the first. Watching Larvesta evolve at the league after coming all the way from level 1 at the beginning of the game almost made me tear up a little. Also no idea how I got four shinies in this run...)
Final Team: Incineroar, Magnezone, Alakazam, Lurantis, Kangaskhan, Skarmory
Deaths: A-Dugtrio, Gyarados, Wishiwashi, Mudsdale
Other teammates: Drifblim, Toucannon, A-Muk
(Originally I had no plans to 'locke Gen 7, but was eventually convinced to do it, and had a lot of fun. Was a lot easier than I expected from my normal Sun playthrough. Several very lucky catches along the way.)
Final Team: Blastoise, Magcargo, Swellow, Drapion, Druddigon, Aegislash
Deaths: Mothim, Octillery, Furfrou, Venomoth
Shinies: Deerling, Dialga, Darkrai, Terrakion, Manectric
(I had a rule where I had to have one 'mon from each gen on my team as soon as I had 6 'mons. Ended up with kind of a weird team at the end, but they did amazing. No idea what was up with my shiny luck either...)

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A year and a half later, I finally have a new run to add:
Final Team: Decidueye, Hydreigon, Flygon (shiny!), Charizard, Kabutops, Lucario
Deathless run!
Other teammates: Armaldo, Pinsir, Heracross, Frillish, Kommo-o, Noivern, A-Marowak, Cloyster, Samurott, Lycanroc (night), Zoroark
Shinies: Flygon, Trevenant, Solgaleo
(This run spanned a little over two years, because I stopped playing when I left the forums, picked it back up after I rejoined, and kept putting it down and picking it back up before I finally decided to finish it about a month ago. It also didn't help that I kept getting things I wanted to use, so I kept stopping to grind them, which became a neverending cycle. Although that's probably part of why everyone survived...also watching Hydreigon evolve at the league was a somewhat emotional moment, since he was one of my first catches and I'd raised him from level 1. Special shoutout to Cloyster for demolishing the demon hellspawn.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)