Mafia Shootout Mafia Rerun: Guns, guns 'n more guns

Extravanganza Accordian Demo Extravanganza Accordian Demo Extravanganza Accordian Demo

Champ Siggi

Currently owns a marshtomp named "Champ"
Badges
Pronouns
He/Him
Dex Entry Very mysterious.
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 15, 2022
Ok, now that I read the rules three things:
Gunsmith: You make guns, once per night phase you can give out a gun. This gun can be shot during the day phase and it'll kill a player.
Does Gunsmith give out revealing guns?
Driver->Guard=Watcher->fabricator->Gunsmith->War Profiteer->Evil Mechanic->Mechanic->Night Kill
You put the evil mechanic before the real one? That is totally a village sided thing! If they visit the same person and they have a fake gun or bomber gun they will have a normal gun and the evil mechanic will have wasted their action!
This game is MAJORITY not plurality (because that's how it was in the original version of this game, also I like majority better fight me 1v1),
Why are you this way?
And I look forward to getting a gun, then I'll duel you!

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe) #OnionBoy
Badges
Pronouns
beep/boop
Dex Entry Fails Captchas with regularity
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019

Doesnt

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Badges
Pronouns
Unspecified
Dex Entry Entry unknown.
Pronouns
Unspecified
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
OP
cornibot

cornibot

the tiny totodile
Pronouns
She/Her
Dex Entry This Pokémon is small, but feisty. It's a little rebellious and likes to disagree.
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 18, 2020
Nature
Sassy
Does Gunsmith give out revealing guns?
Excellent question! Guns do not reveal. I'll add that to the OP.

You put the evil mechanic before the real one? That is totally a village sided thing! If they visit the same person and they have a fake gun or bomber gun they will have a normal gun and the evil mechanic will have wasted their action!
I mean, one of them has to go first. I just pulled the speed list from the original game so I'd prefer not to change it, but if enough people think it's an issue I could flip mechanic and evil mechanic.

Why are you this way?
<3

Okay if you want real reasons, here's 3:
  1. Like I said, the game ran with majority originally, and I personally don't want to get in the habit of tinkering with these setups too much since that sort of defeats the purpose of rerunning them as-is. The whole point for me is to take a setup that's already made, run it exactly the way it was run originally, and not have to think about it beyond that. (Now granted, switching from majority to plurality is an extremely minor change from a hosting perspective so I wouldn't actually mind doing it if that were the only reason I had and people wanted it changed. But I have two other reasons!)
  2. I'm concerned that plurality will make the game way too swingy with the number of guns that'll be floating around, and-
  3. I genuinely prefer majority to plurality. Maybe I'll change my mind about that someday. But I like the concept of village needing to be more or less united against their lynch target rather than just plopping their vote down wherever and guaranteeing someone will die, whether village is coordinated or not. (Also those end-of-day clusterfucks that sometimes happen when people are rushing to get their votes in to get a lynch through? I love those. Yeah, that's right. Wanna fight about it >:U)

And I look forward to getting a gun, then I'll duel you!
If you shoot the host, the host gets to modkill you uwu~

Issunava

The Cheerful Chikorita
Pronouns
She/Her
Dex Entry This Pokemon is eager to please but finds approaching and interacting with people difficult. You can find these Pokemon isolated in safe places
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 23, 2023
Nature
Docile
I'd like to give this a shot :3

OP
cornibot

cornibot

the tiny totodile
Pronouns
She/Her
Dex Entry This Pokémon is small, but feisty. It's a little rebellious and likes to disagree.
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 18, 2020
Nature
Sassy
A few clarifications:
  • Regular guns will NOT reveal the shooter. All guns WILL reveal who they were pointed at.
  • The guard will protect their target from other players' guns, but NOT fake guns backfiring or bomb guns exploding.
  • A player CAN hold multiple guns. You are able to specify which gun you want to shoot if you received them at different phases; if you receive multiple guns in the same night, the one you fire will be chosen randomly.
These have been added to the OP under Misc Info, which I'll add to as more questions come up!

Champ Siggi

Badges
Pronouns
He/Him
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 15, 2022
I have a question? If I threaten to shoot a gas tank nearby you would you switch the voting system to plurality?

theCape

Johto League Champion
Badges
Pronouns
Unspecified
Dex Entry Seems to always be starting a new campaign/project despite not having enough time.
Pronouns
Unspecified
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 6, 2021
Nature
Calm
sure, I'll be in

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
Contributor
Badges
Pronouns
She/They
Dex Entry Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Pronouns
She/They
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Bashful
I've never really thought much about plurality vs majority like that. Those are some dang solid reasons for wanting to go with majority corni!

OP
cornibot

cornibot

the tiny totodile
Pronouns
She/Her
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 18, 2020
Nature
Sassy
I've never really thought much about plurality vs majority like that. Those are some dang solid reasons for wanting to go with majority corni!
Awh, thanks Tails :)

I have a question? If I threaten to shoot a gas tank nearby you would you switch the voting system to plurality?
lol no

also Siggi I appreciate the enthusiasm but let's turn down the fluffposting, the thread's gonna get real bloated and the game hasn't even started yet xD may I direct you to the 99% mafia plaza Discord for all your memeing and/or bantering needs: Join the Official Nuzlocke Forums Discord Discord Server!

Rueblie

Not worth mentioning
Pronouns
Whatever
Dex Entry They question if it even exists anymore and it seems annoying enough for them to not want to find out.
Pronouns
Whatever
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Well I guess I’m obligated to join here. I really liked this idea and this time around it looks like it’ll get the chance to be as chaotic as I had originally hoped. Thanks for giving it another chance at life

OP
cornibot

cornibot

the tiny totodile
Pronouns
She/Her
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 18, 2020
Nature
Sassy
Well this game filled up fast :D I'm gonna go ahead and put this in...... idk, 12-15 hour mode? Something like that. Come and get your gun while you still can!

apocalypsewriter

Conqueror of the Cianwood Gym
Badges
Pronouns
Unspecified
Dex Entry Entry unknown.
Pronouns
Unspecified
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 4, 2022
I'm in. Either give me a gun or shoot me immediately.

Champ Siggi

Badges
Pronouns
He/Him
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 15, 2022
also Siggi I appreciate the enthusiasm but let's turn down the fluffposting, the thread's gonna get real bloated and the game hasn't even started yet xD may I direct you to the 99% mafia plaza Discord for all your memeing and/or bantering needs: Join the Official Nuzlocke Forums Discord Discord Server!
This is a very good time to mention that I don't have Discord at least right now. Also I have a neck that is really bothering me but that's not as important. But I will stop fluff posting.

Users who are viewing this thread