• The Writer's Locke has released it's final episode! Come celebrate a fantastic project with it's last hoo-rah.
  • The Hidden Gems Showcase (2022) is now closed. Thank you all who turned out this year! You can find all the cool content that got featured here. I hope you find a new gem to read!
  • Check out the Nuzlocke Forums Fundraiser 2022 to see how you can help support the forums, earn new badges, and more! Goal: $1201/$1500
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

General Shiny Pokemon Thread!

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
All that glitters is goooooooold

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
Up to five shinies in Legends now thanks to a mass outbreak of Buizel in the Cobalt Coastlands. I nearly died trying to catch the yellow weasel because they are aggressive little devils, but narrowly escaped with him in tow. I decided to add him to my team because Buizel/Floatzel are two of my favorite 'mons (there's a screenshot of him and my team sleeping outside the Temple of Sinnoh in the Friendship Cafe).

...for some reason every shiny I've found in Legends has either been in the Coastlands or the Obsidian Fieldlands. Not sure why .__.

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
I've been trying my luck at a Crystal Dream Team VIA Shiny Ditto breeding, here's what I got so far

Arbitrary

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fighting
While I didn't nuzlocke Legends as it seems pretty tricky to do and against the spirit of how this game is played, I did get lucky enough to get two shinies - a Shinx randomly later into the game, and a Drifblim from a Space-time Distortion. It was tempting to use them but I decided to prioritise Hisuians.

In addition to this, I'm trying to max out my rank, which is way more tedious than anticipated. Still, I did manage to capture a shiny Stantler before it ran away which is funny because I'd used Wyrdeer all game as well as the shiny Ponyta that doesn't count since it's guaranteed like the Red Gyarados in Johto. Speaking of which... I actually got one of those as well. A Red Gyarados that isn't THE Red Gyarados - it came out of Lake Verity in an outbreak.

estralita

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Fairy
This one literally just happened today.

In celebration of finally continuing my Tapu Koko storylocke, I decided to start a new run in Kalos that, assuming I complete my current run, will serve as a sequel. This run, like my current run, is slated to be a Fairy-Electric dualtype run. However, given Pokemon X is a 9 year old game at this point, I decided to drop the Wonderlocke part, and just use the pokemon in the game. Since none of the X/Y starters are Fairy or Electric type, I needed to find a Pikachu in Santalune Forest for my first Pokemon. Unfortunately, Pikachu has a 6% encounter rate in the forest, so I had a lot of searching to do.

Before I found that Pikachu, I found a shiny Weedle. I was so surprised I nearly dropped the 3DS.

Now, I know Weedle isn't a Fairy or Electric type, and thus shouldn't technically be allowed. But screw it, its my game, my run, and it's not like a Beedrill is going to be overpowered. So welcome to the team, Star! Now all I need to do is find a working 3ds charger, and I might be able to win a run with a Shiny.

edit: aaand I lost her to the Snorlax on route 7. That would have been bad enough if it wasn't the 5th death of the run (I really am rusty with Nuzlocke runs) I guess that's Karma for including her in the first place. Still, it was fun while it lasted.

Last edited:

Skarmizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
Yet another Legends shiny: this time a Geodude in the Obsidian Fieldlands when I was trying to respawn the massive mass outbreak in the Crimson Mirelands. Golem is pretty high on my favorites list, so I'm training him up to possibly fit in my team.
I could make a full shiny team now, except one is a male Combee and therefore useless...but I guess the static Ponyta (now Rapidash) could fill in instead :v:
I'm also still confused as to why every shiny I have in Legends is from the Fieldlands or Cobalt Coastlands, none from any of the other areas :psyduck:
I mean, I'm obviously not complaining about shinies, but...how does that work?

Neosonic97

The Fastest Thing Alive
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Capable of casually moving faster than the speed of sound. His top speed is unknown, though some theorise it to be faster than light itself.
My Shiny Hunting in Sw/Sh finally paid off, giving me a Shiny of my favourite Pokémon species!

Yes, I know Dynamax Adventures have an increased Shiny rate, but still!

Lh6hztn.png

(For what it's worth, Latias is also one of the harder Dynamax Adventure bosses).

Neosonic97

The Fastest Thing Alive
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Capable of casually moving faster than the speed of sound. His top speed is unknown, though some theorise it to be faster than light itself.
Bark bark, I found another Shiny. Or rather, Masuda'd one up.

W3zXoDT.png

It's now a Dusk Forme Lycanroc, by the way.

Last edited:

Skarmizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
I'm starting to wonder if my copy of Legends has boosted shiny rates, because it's been throwing them at me like crazy lately. And more interestingly, I finally found one in each area:

First a Hisuian Sneasel (now Sneaseler) popped up almost right on top of me near the Pearl Settlement in the Alabaster Icelands.
Then a second Zubat in the Obsidian Fieldlands less than a minute after I'd said to myself "if I ever get a second shiny Zubat I'll make one of them a Crobat". So now the first one is a Crobat and the second is staying a Golbat.

Then these three happened all in one day, in less than two hours:
-a Heracross right outside of Wayward Cave in the Coronet Highlands. I literally just walked out of the cave and there it was.
-a Psyduck (now Golduck) in the Crimson Mirelands. Was flying on Braviary when I heard the sound, but didn't see it until I landed and spun the camera around.
-and a Starly (now Staraptor) in a mass outbreak in the Cobalt Coastlands.

And then a Chingling popped up near Lake Acuity. I was so scared this one was gonna run since it noticed me before I could throw a ball and I had to engage it...thank goodness it didn't and went in the first ball I threw.

So now I'm considering taking on the final boss with a full shiny team just to flex on him. I probably won't because I want to bring my "main" team, but I'm definitely taking at least one or two or them.

Although now I'm wondering if I've used all my shiny luck for the rest of my life...

Emperor ServingSpoon

The original AND the 16th!
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Ground
Pokédex Entry
Adept at procrastination. If he ever seems productive, it's likely because he's ignoring something far more important.
It's not so much that the rates are boosted, so much as seeing them in the overworld (with the accompanying sound effect) means you'll see all the spawns much quicker. I had multiple days of seeing 2 or 3 of them (including my very first shiny day, which had Zubat, Starly and Geodude all show up in the fieldlands, in addition to doing the shiny Ponyta quest), even before the massive mass outbreaks started (at which point it's almost weirder not to see multiple).

Shiny hunting in this game is actually fun, and feels fruitful even if you don't get the one you were after.

pikamewphlosion

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 1, 2019
2 come to mind in particular for me:

1: Stardust the shiny Pidgeot in a Fire Red Nuzlocke

2: Private Wojtek the Bewear in Ultra Sun

Yoshrek

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2022
Nature
Quirky
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dragon
I've seen/caught at least 15 Shiny Pokemon not named Gyarados in my lifetime at this point. It doesn't even surprise me at this point, but it still fills me with joy when it happens.

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal

I finally got my Shiny Dream Team compilation released, be sure to check it out!

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
F in chat for a shiny Rattata in The Atrocity (HeartGold lorelocke-slash-datalocke), which I was forced to KO with Hyper Fang on sight because of a poorly worded data rule. You shall be missed.

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker, Completionist and Rule Designer
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Caught a shiny Chatot on my Grand-Underground-only Hardcore Shinning Pearl run (so sadly, I can't use). Still, wow, I must admit it is quite beautiful! To the Pokemon Home I guess.

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal

I finally caught the shiny Shaymin I was hunting for a while now, so that's pretty sweet

Users who are viewing this thread