• The Writer's Locke has released it's final episode! Come celebrate a fantastic project with it's last hoo-rah.
  • The Hidden Gems Showcase (2022) is now closed. Thank you all who turned out this year! You can find all the cool content that got featured here. I hope you find a new gem to read!
  • Check out the Nuzlocke Forums Fundraiser 2022 to see how you can help support the forums, earn new badges, and more! Goal: $1201/$1500
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

General Shiny Pokemon Thread!

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
All that glitters is goooooooold

Neotornado

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Hacker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
I need to buy a pro account? (He/Him)
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Grass
Pokédex Entry
Broke his own romhack with an egg. Still not sure how.
Whelp, that happened. I'm currently playing through alpha sapphire but with a clause that all gift pokemon are to be swapped with random mons that can't be obtained in OR/AS (imported over from X/Y) but I happened to be missing a furfrou for that list. ..So finding one in X/Y took a while, literally. To the point where I joked that I'd encounter a shiny faster than the furf.
...Sure enough, second gulpin horde (fourth total) had a little blue blob to the far left of all the green. Decided to invoke shiny clause and swap that with the pokemon I was going to replace (cosplay pikachu) Named her firebrand because on the first turn literally all 4 of the gulpins remaining burned themselves off talonflame's flame boddy after using pound.

Ionbird

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 11, 2020
I can't believe I forgot this but I thought it would be appropriate to post this on Halloween night. During my Crystal Dexlocke I caught a second shiny which also happens to be a Hoothoot. Now that my Crystal Dexlocke is finished I decided to evolve her into a shiny Noctowl. Now I have a full odds shiny for each member of the Hoothoot line.

20210427-230959.jpg
20211031-213627-2.jpg
20211031-213631-2.jpg

Last edited:

NekoSuave

TFW you lose someone you love to a crit.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Ice
While training up my Gyarados on Route 34, I surfed into a Shiny Tentacool. Which is wonderful, because A) Tentacruel's great for Nuzlockes, and B) my first encounter on Route 34 was an Abra, which teleported away. If something happens to Gyarados, I know who's replacing her.

NekoSuave

TFW you lose someone you love to a crit.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Ice
I finally got back to my Moon Nuzlocke (the same one I got a Shiny Zubat in some time ago), and while making my way towards Ten Carat Hill, I ran into a Shiny Alolan Rattata. I don't care if this rat's Modest with Hustle, this run's Shiny luck is crazy.

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
Caught a shiny Zubat in Legends not too long ago! Was wandering around the Obsidian Fieldlands rather than advancing the plot, and I was going through Deertrack Path when ting-green Zubat.
She's a Golbat now, although I'm not sure if I'm gonna evolve her into Crobat or not because shiny Crobat goes from my absolute favorite color (purple) to my absolute least favorite color (baby pink), while Zubat/Golbat are a nice shade of green...either way, I'm still happy to have her.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
Upon having to switch computers and losing all my save data for fangames, allow me a moment of silence for my shiny Yanma in Pokemon Xenoverse and my shiny Cubone in Pokemon Insurgence. Lest we forget.

Skarmizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
I guess I need to wander around and postpone the plot in Legends more often...this time I was wandering about the Cobalt Coastlands after beating Arcanine, and all of a sudden ting-green Machoke!
With an Adamant nature to boot. Hilariously enough, I'd already caught an Alpha Machoke, but I'm still gonna use the shiny since the Alpha is mainly just for exploring space-time distortions.

reshishigas

Subway Boss
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2022
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Bug
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon says and writes whatever is on their mind, even if they may cringe at it one year later.
In my first failed nuzlocke, Platinum, I found a shiny Buizel right after my Piplup had died by the hands of Mars' Purugly. She was my first shiny ever! And to boot, while randomly strolling through route 218, I found a Mr. (actually Ms.) Mime!
Nevertheless, few days after beating the run (not as a nuzlocke!) my tablet died and I had never got the chance to upload to drive my savefile :(((

Recently, I've also found a shiny Vullaby in a notepad blind black nuzlocke! Her name's Lilith and she ended up surviving the run <3

RoseQuartz_18

Head Cheerleader, Homecoming Queen, PT Model
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2022
Nature
Naive
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ghost
Was playing classic Pokémon Pearl in bed one night when I was younger and found a shiny Kricketune by pure luck. Caught it, screamed "YEAH, ROCK N' ROLL" at the top of my lungs and pissed off my mom and sister because they thought something bad had happened to me.

Skarmizard

Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Legends threw two more shinies at me, although one was kind of a slap in the face...
The exciting one: a mass outbreak of Tangela in the Cobalt Coastlands happened, and when I checked it out, one of them was green! Of course this was right before going to the Alabaster Icelands, so I don't know if I can fit it in my team, but I'm gonna try.
The slap in the face one: a mass outbreak of Combee in the Obsidian Fieldlands. Yeah, one was reddish, but...it's a male :cybercrime:
I still caught it because shiny, but can't really get excited over that one.

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal

Forgot to share this here, but I managed to catch this little lass while streaming earlier this week

bhelryss

rose cultivator
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 7, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
this pokemon can be found encouraging plant growth in other people's gardens, but can be territorial about the resulting blooms
my very first shiny was a full-odds solosis in pokemon white. he was such a gentle, lovely blue that i was terrified to use him (i don't know why, but i thought i'd break the shiny if he evolved)

he's part of my living dex now! i evolved him to the end and every so often i tap on him in pokebank/home now and tell him i love him

my most recent shinies have been a starly and a pink tag combee! pretty sure these are full odds, and they're sitting pretty inside home while i decide what to do with them

Arbitrary

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fighting
While I didn't nuzlocke Legends as it seems pretty tricky to do and against the spirit of how this game is played, I did get lucky enough to get two shinies - a Shinx randomly later into the game, and a Drifblim from a Space-time Distortion. It was tempting to use them but I decided to prioritise Hisuians.

Neotornado

Hacker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
I need to buy a pro account? (He/Him)
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Grass
Pokédex Entry
Broke his own romhack with an egg. Still not sure how.
I normally have bad luck with shiny legendaries in GO so finding two shiny moltreses during yesterday's com day wasn't something I was expecting (four raids popped up where I was after the starly hours ended, thanks picket for helping out with the 1952 CP moltres raid!)

Users who are viewing this thread