• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

General Shiny Pokemon Thread!

Thread Description
All that glitters is goooooooold

Arbitrary

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting
I caught a shiny Electrike extremely late into my mono-Dark Alpha Sapphire run. As in grinding for the E4 on trainer rematches late.

redninjapuffle

The Nuzlocke Kid with stories
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
First shiny was a shiny hippowdon in Ultra moon, I was just traveling ultra space to find legendaries when I fall into a portal, Ugh, I think, I didn't want to get this portal-A shiny Hoppowdon appeared!- OH MY GO- cue me laughing my butt off

Rumors

Or so they say...
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Pronouns
male
Pokémon Type
Fire
Pokédex Entry
A Pokémon shrouded in hearsay and urban legend, spoken of only in whispered tales and hushed gossip.
So, glancing at my stash on Home, I have... 29 shinies. Way more than I expected or remembered. But, then again, there's a lot of event shinies that aren't that special since... guaranteed. And I don't remember getting them either. Like... why do I have two pairs of shiny SUM2013 Sinnoh Box cover trios?

Anyway, lemme group these from worst to best so far. I'm not including anything guaranteed, such as events or stuff like my Unovan Haxorus.

All of these arrived via Wonder Trade and are sitting in a "Might Be Hacked" box. I'm debating on either tossing them or using their perfect IVs to make legit parents and then toss them. Won't mention all the OTs since they're basically advertisements for hacking/genning services. So far there's...

G-Max Meowth and Midday Lycanroc, level 100 and perfect IVs, EV trained, has an OT and nickname as a website advertisement that, when Googled, brings you to a Facebook page that sells "legit Pokemon". Wouldn't use them even if I was okay with obvious hacks since I don't want to advertise. Shame, because shiny Lycanroc looks pretty cool. Looking up the site brings you to a Facebook page. (I also got an Urishifu from them, but it's not shiny.) Both are ID 993401.

Diggersby, level 100 and perfect IVs, comes from a OT named with what appears to be a web url for a generator, ID 337430. I've not looked it up yet.

Venusaur, which oddly is a random level and IVs, has an OT that I overlooked until just now that implies it might have been used with an old generator. ID 31271.

Level 100 Rhyperior, perfect, trained, OT tristan, ID 01337. The OT is mundane, but that ID is a dead give away.

Also all Wonder Trade and sitting in the same box. These aren't as obvious, but still fishy since who trades perfect IVed, and sometimes EV trained, shinies over WT? It'd probably take more digging than I'm willing to do to see if these are absolutely hacks or clones since they're not as blatant as they have more mundane Nicknames and OTs.

A Gengar nicknamed Death, level 25 and all perfect IVs. OT Aardworm ID 41637.

An Umbreon, perfect IVs, EV trained, level 55. OT Wolfie ID 09366. Thanks, but I already have a self-bred competitive Umbreon and I actually prefer regular Umbreon's colors. Actually, not sure why I have this one still since I don't need it.

A level 100 Rotom, perfect IVs, EV trained, level 100. Has a Japanese nickname and OT, ID 444962

A Serperior named Smuglord with perfect Hidden Power breeding, HA, right nature, level 100. OT Damion ID 16695.

Rayquaza from ORAS. 3 Perfect IVs and wrong nature, so probably legit. Might have been RNG manipped though? Who knows.

Kangaskhan from Kalos with 4 Perfect IVs. Looks like someone was trying to breed a 5 or 6 IV shiny on this one.

A shiny Giratina named Beelz. Someone back on the Zetaboards gave it to me in exchange for giving them eggs for their egglocke. Or something like that? Either way, was unexpected!

A shiny Eevee, now a Glaceon, nicknamed Zibal. Traded it from a friend for a flawless IV, rare ball female Growlithe. I know for a fact that this Pokemon came from a den that was manipulated to pop out a shiny, but the catch itself is legit. I made it a Glaceon because it had a special attacking spread (just needed a Mint) and I prefer non-shiny Jolteon, Espeon, and Vaporeon.

Now here's the ones that really matter!

First is a Venomoth. Literally first as this is the first naturally occuring shiny I ever caught. I ran into it randomly when checking to see what Pokemon were in whose Friend Safaris back in X. For reference, I have been playing since Gen I, so that ought to give you an idea for how long it took me to finally find my own friggin' shiny. No nickname, because I derped and it's too late now, but he at least has a ball to match his nice shade of blue!

Second is a Houndoom named Sheol that I met in the middle of a normal play of Ultra Sun. I was not prepared for the encounter at all, so I threw a Quick Ball and nabbed it in one go. Sadly, Sheol has pretty bad IVs and I never got around to collecting Bottle Caps in Gen VII, so I can't fix him unless Houndoom gets added to Swish. Blue isn't bad for a 'Doom, but I think I prefer the normal black.

And finally, there's a Vikavolt I've not nicknamed yet. I was just raiding for no real reason, saw a 4-star Vikavolt raid go up, shrugged, and why-notted my way into it. Turned out to be shiny! I don't know if shiny raids have guaranteed catches like most raids or not, so I chucked one of the Master Balls all those hacked Pokemon were holding and now he is mine!

So now, going by current track record, I won't find my own shiny again until next gen.

Last edited:

Slow

the echoing screaming reverb of a song
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 18, 2020
Pronouns
he/him/his

Got this bad girl after literal months of grinding.

Okay, saying it took months is a little misleading. I just haven't bothered grinding since December and I stopped because this one was taking a lot longer than usual. But either way, that marks the end of my gen 6 shiny team, on to gen 7,

Picket Furret

Antisocial Lurker
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Normal

I actually kinda forgot about this, but I caught this guy during my run of Ultra Moon

His name is Aerosmith

Dumboldore

A mysterious creature not listed in the Pokédex.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 3, 2019

Friend of mine calculated that you have about a 1/2 048 000 chance to find a Druddigon that is and shiny and adamant and is holding a Dragon Fang. And that's not even mentioning the Rough Skin ability.

It was such a shame that I caught him midway through Victory Road and already had two (stronger) Dragon types on my team. Druddigon is my favorite Dragon but he just came a bit too late.

Slow

the echoing screaming reverb of a song
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 18, 2020
Pronouns
he/him/his

Love how my friend's reaction to this was "Is that a shiny?"

At least it's not Persian

Mr Spaz

I caught the big– OH SHIT
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
"Your Majesty" is gender neutral. (he/him)
Pokémon Type
Electric, Flying, Ghost
Just found a Shiny Psyduck in my Ice Monolocke of Platinum. I caught it. I don't plan on using her in battle because this is mono-Ice, but still, I could at least catch her like the last Shiny I found in a Monolocke (Shiny Starly in my mono-Flying, before getting access to Pokeballs)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)