• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

Screenshot Kanto Fan Game Teen Hack Mon Set for Uncertainty: Pokemon Fire Red Omega Nuzlocke

Does my team stand a chance against Brock's Pokemon?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Won't even make it pass Viridian Forest

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Description
New Pokemon are welcomed and waiting, as the team boards the S.S. Anne in the quest for getting Cut. Will Kennedy prove to be a roadblock to the HM?

THKS

Long-Time Nuzlocker, First-Time User
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
"No matter what I do, I do it just for you."
Hello, everyone! This is THKS, and I'm going to be doing a Nuzlocke, and for the first time, I will be documenting a run of Fire Red Omega. I first noticed this game when Jake McAulay was doing a Nuzlocke on that game, and I thought "If he can do it, then so can I!", so here we are. Now, I'm no stranger to Nuzlockes, but this is the first time I'm trying one on Fire Red Omega, let alone doing a screenshot of a Nuzlocke, so fingers crossed.

1. You can only catch the first Pokemon you encounter. Dupes Clause and Escape Clause (only regarding Roar, Teleport and Whirlwind) are in effect.
2. If a Pokemon faints, it counts as a death.
3. You must name your Pokemon.
4. If you lose all your Pokemon in a battle and white out, then you're not suited for the rage of war, so pack up, go home, you're through (I'm not sorry).
5. For the first time ever in any of my Nuzlockes, I will be battling in Set Mode.
1. Nothing Bad Ever Happens to Magby! (This post)
2. Brocky Balboa
3. Dark Side of Mt. Moon
4. A Nugget Bridge Without the Nuggets
5. Play Against Misty for Me
6. Franklin's Revenge
7. Let Me See Your War Face! (Coming Friday)
Alrighty! This is it, folks; Nuzlocke time! Let the game begin!

While I have looked at this plenty of times, it always seems to take me back to my youth back in the days playing Pokemon Yellow... great memories.

After he shows us a Nidoran (Female), it's time to pick our character. Since I had a joke planned, I ultimately went for Pokemon Trainer Leaf.

I decided to look at Clone High for some inspiration, in honour of the show getting another season… after more than a decade in cryonic stasis. Hence the names Joan and Kennedy, respectively.

And away we go!

I have the feeling I’ll be needing the potion early on.

I wanted to make an American Dad! joke, but I don’t think it would’ve been taken in good taste out of context. So here's a Simpsons joke!

Being FireRed Omega, the three Pokemon are Elekid, Smoochum and Magby. With Elekid and Magby being the popular choices…

…I just couldn’t say no to having a Smoochum on my party. I have a soft spot for the Jynx line and am willing to look past many of her imperfections… except for the way her design was taken in Gen IV onwards, but I digress.

Now I know what you’re thinking, but I named her after Aretha Franklin. Nicki Minaj feels like an overdone name, anyway.

Oh, joy.

Honestly, I’m not surprised. Even with the Oran Berry triggered, Franklin sadly lost despite cutting it close. This is not boding well so far.

It just doesn’t have the same flair as this...

Fortunately, the Nuzlocke doesn’t officially start until you get Poke Balls, so Franklin gets to live, at least for now.

Looks like I’ve got my work cut out for me.

After picking up the parcel from the Mart in Viridian City, I handed it to Professor Oak, which turned out to be some custom ball.

Oak gives Joan and Kennedy both the Pokedex and five Poke Balls each. And with that, the Nuzlocke journey officially starts now.

Oh, yeah. Way to rub salt in the wound.

Fortunately, Daisy is more forgiving.

Alright, our first encounter is a Nidoran Male.

Great, Franklin wasn’t poisoned, and we got our first member to join the team.

I named him Prince, after the famous singer. I’m excited about him potentially becoming a Nidoking.

Bold and Poison Point, but with Peck as his main attack move. Oh boy…

Well, Dark/Fire isn’t a bad combination, but I’m concerned with how much of an impact Houndour will have at the first two Gyms.

Franklin survives and convinces the Houndour from Viridian City to join.

Named her Luddy, after the original voice of Lady in Lady and the Tramp, Barbara Luddy.

Except for Ember, there’s nothing that seems to wow me about her at first. Meanwhile, on Route 22...

Okay, a Mankey. Will come in handy against Brock’s Pokemon.

Despite scratching Franklin, the Mankey managed to join the team without any issues.

Named her Miyu after voice actress Miyu Matsuki.

Bold and Vital Spirit makes Miyu more promising. The sooner she learns a Fighting move, the better.

And here’s the squad. Now it's time to grind!

*One Grind Session Later*

There we go. Level 9 seems like a fair place to stop for now.

Oh, great. Here’s Kennedy again.

Time for Round 2. This time, Franklin has brought members to her party.

After taking an Astonish, Franklin makes short work of the Zubat…

…and then along comes Magby. Here we go again…

I switched to Miyu, thinking she could get the job done, yet I hadn’t account the fact that 1) Miyu had an average Special Defense, and 2) Magby had an Oran Berry, making the battle painful by the second.

During the rematch, my first casualty happened. Miyu fell to a crit Ember, just to rub it in.

So I sent in Prince, because he was the sensical choice due to Franklin being weak to Fire and Luddy being useless due to Magby’s Flash Fire. I kind of figured that part out considering that the Magby didn’t make any of my Pokemon burn after several physical hits.

Prince was so close to taking him down, but he fell to the same fate as Miyu… this run is going to end here, isn’t it?

Fortunately, I was wrong. Franklin survived an Ember and being burned to deal the final blow against Magby. She redeems herself by saving my run.

More like his luck ran out. If Franklin went, then my run would’ve been boned due to Magby’s Flash Fire.

And just like that, Kennedy walks away. I like to think he was doing that with his goofy smile when he stepped into Pusher's office.

All joking aside, I’ve lost two Pokemon already, and both of them would've helped against Brock. I have the feeling I’m going to regret picking Set Mode quickly.

Getting back to Viridian, the old man teaches me how to catch a Weedle before giving me an item that I quite literally never used at all in Fire Red.

Seriously, I’ve never once turned on that TV, even though it gives you tips on being a Pokemon Trainer. I could certainly understand if this was your first time playing Fire Red or a Pokemon game in general, but to a veteran Pokemon player…

Meanwhile, I got an Old Rod much earlier in the game than one would expect. Maybe it was Omega’s way of being a little easier on the player. And before I end the chapter, I decided to catch two more Pokemon.

Route 2, and I come across a Pidgey.

Reliable Franklin convinces her to join the team.

Named her after aviation pioneer Amelia Earhart.

I entered the Viridian Forest only for an encounter and got a Caterpie. Even if Jake McAulay will always trash the Caterpie line to hell and back to my dismay, I will always, always have a soft spot for Caterpie, because of how surprising they can perform in a Nuzlocke.

Also I completed a Nuzlocke with a Butterfree in Fire Red, so I was reasonably happy to see her join the team.

Named her Heather, after child actress Heather O’Rourke, best known for the Poltergeist movies.

Considering Amelia, Keen Eye could definitely come in handy.

And Heather is… just like how a Caterpie would be, only merrier.

I’d continue the Nuzlocke, but after the pain I’ve endured, it might be best to call it a day. Next time, you’ll see the squad at Level 10 before we trek through the forest, and hopefully not face the music with Brock.

And now to honour the fallen... here is some Purple Rain.

Rest In Peace

Miyu the Mankey (Route 22, Level 5 - Level 9)

Prince the Nidoran Male (Route 1, Level 3 - Level 9)

Surviving Party Members: Franklin the Smoochum, Luddy the Houndour, Amelia the Pidgey, Heather the Caterpie

Death Count: 2 (Miyu the Mankey, Prince the Nidoran Male)

So anyway, that's Chapter 1 done and dusted. Let me know how I did so far, please vote in the poll, and Chapter 2 will be coming on the weekend.

Last edited:

0 Anonymous

Conqueror of the Mahogany Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
I like the guts in picking Smoochum. I'm uh, not surprised at how it did the first match, but that was a very nice clutch at Rival 2. Franklin earned her keep.

I love the naming theme! Also it's pretty crazy your team is all female (aside from the dearly departed Nido-M)

McAulay is definitely Weedle biased, so not surprised he trash talks the 'pie. That being said, Weedle is a serious competitive threat so maybe he's right. Not all pokemon can be that good.

I think your current team can still pull through Brock, but it's gonna be close without a healthy level of overlevelling and a little bit of luck for your next few catches.

:crying: for the fallen. Poor Prince almost had that, such bad luck...

Considering set mode and how paper-thin Smoochum's defense is, you might wanna think about a teensy bit of overlevelling. Does Smoochum evolve earlier in Omega?

Last edited:

THKS

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like the guts in picking Smoochum. I'm uh, not surprised at how it did the first match, but that was a very nice clutch at Rival 2. Franklin earned her keep.

I love the naming theme! Also it's pretty crazy your team is all female (aside from the dearly departed Nido-M)

McAulay is definitely Weedle biased, so not surprised he trash talks the 'pie. That being said, Weedle is a serious competitive threat so maybe he's right. Not all pokemon can be that good.

I think your current team can still pull through Brock, but it's gonna be close without a healthy level of overlevelling and a little bit of luck for your next few catches.

:crying: for the fallen. Poor Prince almost had that, such bad luck...

Considering set mode and how paper-thin Smoochum's defense is, you might wanna think about a teensy bit of overlevelling. Does Smoochum evolve earlier in Omega?
Well, maybe Jake has a point. He wouldn't make a tribute song to his fallen Beedrill for nothing. For all his faults, he will bat for the Beedrill, and I'll give him that.

And fortunately, Omega is forgiving with those three, as they all apparently evolve at Level 24, instead of Level 30, especially Smoochum. That said, it's a long way to go and one painful obstacle especially stands in the way, so things are doubtful right now, even if I get a Butterfree. Thanks for commenting.

Train27

King of Derps
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pokémon Type
Normal
Pokédex Entry
Usually seen calmly grazing at the computer, turning pizza and caffeine into code.
Species Clause and Escape Clause (only regarding Roar, Teleport and Whirlwind) are in effect.
I've never heard of Escape Clause before, could you please elaborate? I'm genuinely interested xD Also, how does Species Clause differ from Dupes Clause?
5. For the first time ever in any of my Nuzlockes, I will be battling in Set Mode.
Good for you! I think it's the start for a more interesting Pokemon experience. I only regret not having done so when I was a kid, maybe that way I wouldn't have lost so much interest in the series for such a long time 🤔
Fortunately, I was wrong. Franklin survived an Ember and being burned to deal the final blow against Magby. She redeems herself by saving my run.
Daaaaamn, such a true hero, not even at full health taking a x3 Ember, and Magby doesn't even have a bad SpAttack either even being a baby mon.
Thinking about it, maybe you could've actually used Luddy in the fight, given how neither of them could hurt each other (because of flash fire), you could have switched him in, and used Leer to drop his defense by 6 stages, then switch to Miyu or Prince, and killing it with a single hit. Idk, food for thought
All joking aside, I’ve lost two Pokemon already, and both of them would've helped against Brock. I have the feeling I’m going to regret picking Set Mode quickly.
Yeah, both of them would've been a great deal of help. Do Brock mons know any rock-type moves in FR Omega? I know Onix does in FR, so do look out for that. I'm doing a nuzlocke run of Red, and there they only know normal type moves, so even though my whole team was at a type disadvantage (much like yours actually), I could cheese my way to victory with Leer/Growl :P

Hope to hear more from the story soon!

THKS

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
I've never heard of Escape Clause before, could you please elaborate? I'm genuinely interested xD Also, how does Species Clause differ from Dupes Clause?

Good for you! I think it's the start for a more interesting Pokemon experience. I only regret not having done so when I was a kid, maybe that way I wouldn't have lost so much interest in the series for such a long time 🤔

Daaaaamn, such a true hero, not even at full health taking a x3 Ember, and Magby doesn't even have a bad SpAttack either even being a baby mon.
Thinking about it, maybe you could've actually used Luddy in the fight, given how neither of them could hurt each other (because of flash fire), you could have switched him in, and used Leer to drop his defense by 6 stages, then switch to Miyu or Prince, and killing it with a single hit. Idk, food for thought

Yeah, both of them would've been a great deal of help. Do Brock mons know any rock-type moves in FR Omega? I know Onix does in FR, so do look out for that. I'm doing a nuzlocke run of Red, and there they only know normal type moves, so even though my whole team was at a type disadvantage (much like yours actually), I could cheese my way to victory with Leer/Growl :P

Hope to hear more from the story soon!
I heard the Escape clause term from JoCat, when he was doing a Platinum Nuzlocke. He ended up using that twice; when a Ralts teleported away, and while a Houndour roared the trainer away. Following that, he had another shot at both Routes.

Meanwhile... I don't quite remember why I said Species Clause, but in fairness it works like Dupes clause; for example, if I came across a Pidgey or Pidgeotto later on, and if I already caught a member in that family (like so with Amelia), I wouldn't be allowed to catch it. Maybe I'll change it back to Dupes clause, since it's the more common way of saying it.

And also, in hindsight, I admittedly didn't think about how Luddy could've had an advantage when she could've Leered Magby. I'll admit that those two deaths were on me. Hopefully, next time I face Kennedy, I'll do my best to keep Flash Fire in mind.

Yeah, Omega doesn't mess around; Brock has six Pokemon at his advantage, with five of them knowing Rock moves... and his last one being Vulpix, which does share a connection in the anime, so at least that one makes sense. In fact, all the Gym Leaders have the six pack of Pokemon, so it's probably going to be a long ride should I even beat Brock. Anyway, thanks for commenting, and I also hope that there's more to tell.

Last edited:

THKS

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
I decided to continue the story a little earlier than I planned. Again, I appreciate your two cents and critiques, as I am still learning how to strategise properly sometimes. Now let's see how me and my team did against Brock.

Before we begin, I’ve grinded my team to Level 10. You know what that means…

Yep, Heather is now useful.

And with Compound Eyes, she will definitely be a key player in Brock’s Gym.

And here’s the party at Level 10. Now we’re ready to go through the forest…

There was an early mishap. Amelia was poisoned due to a misclick, which I immediately remedied with an Antidote.

To counteract with some good news, Franklin managed to learn Confusion, which means that she has some more coverage. It would be great if her defense wasn’t poor.

Heather proved to be a valuable member in the forest, Amelia continued to have some woes early on, while Luddy took down the Paras in one hit. It wouldn’t have happened to have been the same Paras Pikachu beat with a weak lightning strike, was it?

Arriving in Pewter City, I notice another patch of grass. Please, for the love of Arceus, be something useful…

Luddy was this close to cooking the Taillow, but I’m kind of glad she didn’t.

I still don’t have high hopes for the first Gym, though. I'll need to come up with a game plan.

Named her after Paula Winslowe, who was the voice of Bambi’s mother.

In other words, virtually useless against Brock.

I’ve got my work cut out for me…

There we go, Level 14. I don’t want to take many chances, considering this team is a walking glass cannon.

Heather learned Poisonpowder and Stun Spore, Amelia learned Quick Attack, Luddy sadly learned Smog instead of a Dark move, while Paula learned Wing Attack. Franklin was the only one who hadn’t learned a new move.

Oh yeah, there was a trainer before Brock.

I opted for Heather instead of Franklin because of the former's Stun Spore. It allowed her to whittle down the Aron’s health with little issues.

After taking care of Sandshrew, Heather went up against Nosepass. She applied the same Aron strategy to Nosepass, and took the magnet down even though it broke confusion. It’s not the most viable tactic, but considering what I’m working with, one must do with what one has, I suppose…

I had to make room for Sleep Powder. Considering the dire situation, it might come in handy.

Thanks, genius.

After healing Heather, I reluctantly went up against Brock.

Just a reminder, my team is a glass cannon. And Luddy is still useless.

And Brock now has six Pokemon; well, at least he’s making use of his slots.

Just let me get my blindfold ready...

Again, I opted for Heather to go first despite her crippling weakness. She managed to take down Geodude, Omanyte and Kabuto with her new weapon combo: Sleep Powder/Confusion. Pragmatic, but the best chance I have. It also helped that they weren't relieved of their rest with a Full Heal.

Then came Vulpix. I sent Amelia out, thinking she could whittle down Brock’s Vulpix. Unfortunately, she kept getting hypnotised and confused. Yep, Vulpix has Hypnosis and Confuse Ray.

Amelia managed to take the Vulpix down to a third of her health, before finally going down. Is it the shape of things to come?

I sent in Paula next, thinking she could do no wrong against a Vulpix, which she didn’t.

Brock heads back to form with a Rhyhorn. Well, things started going up in smoke again, didn’t they?

Somehow, Paula dodged Rhyhorn's first Rock Tomb, to land just two miniscule blows against the Rhyhorn. She ended up getting impaled by a Horn Attack not long after. She did what she could…

With no other option, I had to rely on Heather’s Sleep Powder to have a chance of keeping the Nuzlocke alive. While it worked against the Rhyhorn…

…Onix sadly had Swagger, which I found out the hard way when he woke up. Even worse, he gave a Sitrus Berry to his signature Pokemon.

Ultimately, Heather’s luck ran out, and she fell to a Rock Tomb. Her death was so graphic… that I was unable to take a screenshot of it. Hope this one suffices.

Once again, the hopes of the Nuzlocke continuing rested on Franklin. Nothing about this run is going well from the word go; hell, you could tell from the first battle Franklin lost. Just put me out of my misery, game…

Somehow, with a little luck, she was able to freeze the humongous rock snake on the first turn, which was pivotal in taking down the dreaded Onix. It felt like a miracle saved me.

Franklin is without a doubt, one exceptionally brave Smoochum.

Perhaps Brock was being nice, but I’m thinking that he’s disappointed in me losing Pokemon left, right and centre, especially Heather, who carried most of the battle against the Gym Leader. Yes, I got the Boulderbadge, but at what cost?

Oh, and the TM Rock Tomb, of course. Decent, but I don't know if I'll have the heart of teaching the move after the three casualties...

And here’s the ever-growing cemetery of my Pokemon. I hate Set Mode.

And like the first Chapter, I’m left with two Pokemon, again. We desperately need to rebuild…

And to honour the fallen… some music from the windy city.

Rest in Peace

Amelia the Pidgey (Route 2, Level 6 - Level 14)

Paula the Taillow (Pewter City, Level 12 - Level 14)

Heather the Butterfree (Viridian Forest, Level 6 - Level 16) - She was, without the doubt, the unsung hero in the Gym against Brock, and it sucks that she's already gone.

Surviving Party Members: Franklin, Luddy

Death Count: 5 (Miyu, Prince, Amelia the Pidgey, Paula the Taillow, Heather the Butterfree)

I'm just glad that my battle against Brock was finally over. It was painful and miserable, especially when the battle ended. Next time, I hope to have a better experience in Set Mode.

Last edited:

0 Anonymous

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Even though this fight was a bit of a massacre it honestly went insanely well all things considered. Heading into the gym on-level with a team very much not capable of dealing with rock types and without any real hope besides either praying for a OHKO sweep with Franklin or Heather hax, if you told me anyone at all would walk out standing I'd be pleasantly surprised. Two survivors is just icing on the cake!

I think your game plan went about as well as could be planned with full knowledge of the enemy team comp. You were virtually required to sacrifice at least one Pokemon to get to Onix in the first place, since you needed someone to do some chip damage and get sacced to Rhyhorn so Heather could get the kill before it woke up; I wouldn't have trusted the odds of killing it without prior damage considering the HP stat on Rhyhorn is pretty beefy, even if the special defense sucks. Considering someone also had to take a switch in to fight Vulpix (which had a reasonable likelihood of outspeeding and killing Heather, which would basically end your run right there) and the fact that nobody really could survive switching in to Rhyhorn, I think your choice of throwing in the two birds was a good call for both short and long term team survival.
All bets were off once you got there to Onix because it was a speed tie with Heather and Franklin was even less likely to outspeed.
Having to deal with status and a Sitrus kind of sealed Heather's fate, sadly, since it meant she couldn't kill it in one sleep cycle, which was the only way she could realistically solo it. Her being the lead was your best bet for getting Onix down but she also would have to have been been one lucky, lucky bug to not die because of all that.
It's a shame she wasn't able to cross the finish line, but Heather was able to beat the odds for two thirds of Brock's team and set up the win. It was a pretty good bet using her as your main strategy since the birds were kind of useless, Luddy was benchwarmer because of no neutral coverage, and Franklin's kind of too frail to trust. Considering how much the world has opened up after getting the Boulder Badge, she may well have saved your run. Not bad at all for a Butterfree.

Franklin was able to clutch again and live another day due to a 10% chance freeze. Absolutely amazing.

THKS

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
It's a shame she wasn't able to cross the finish line, but Heather was able to beat the odds for two thirds of Brock's team and set up the win. It was a pretty good bet using her as your main strategy since the birds were kind of useless, Luddy was benchwarmer because of no neutral coverage, and Franklin's kind of too frail to trust. Considering how much the world has opened up after getting the Boulder Badge, she may well have saved your run. Not bad at all for a Butterfree.

Franklin was able to clutch again and live another day due to a 10% chance freeze. Absolutely amazing.
Thank you. Heather was my only hope and she went out a hero. It'll take some time to mourn for my Butterfree before I continue; Give me a few days, and then I'll be ready.

THKS

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Time for the third part of this Nuzlocke. Can we get past Mt. Moon? Does Franklin become the Alpha Mon? Will Luddy learn how to rise up? Which fossil will I take? Will there be new members for the dwindling team? Why am I asking you? All those questions will be answered in this Chapter, right now!

Not wanting to take chances like last time, I decided to stock up a little on healing items at the Mart. I hope they come in handy.

As we were leaving Pewter, Oak’s aide gave me a little gift that’ll come in handy; the running shoes. You have no idea how useful those items are until you get them.

With two members left, Franklin and Luddy had to punch above their weight, especially Luddy.

While Luddy did suffer some hits, she was still golden. I’ll give her that.

And she also managed to convince Hoothoot to join the team. Fair play!

Named him after Wilbur of the Wright Brothers. Please stay around…

Meanwhile, Franklin convinced a Geodude to join the team. Honestly, the Geodude line was never my favourite considering its typing, stats and the fact you had to trade to get the final form.

But as things are dire, she joined the team.

Oh, and she was named Mae, after wrestler Mae Young.

Wilbur’s moves are nothing to write home about, though Keen Eye can come in handy. If I could get it to Noctowl, then maybe he could be more viable. Knowing this Nuzlocke, though…

Meanwhile, Mae’s Special and Speed are rubbish, though she does have Rock Throw, which is something working in her favour.

Now to deal with getting the team up to Franklin's level.

I ended up getting Wilbur and Mae up to speed to Level 16.

Mae learned Magnitude, which is something that works more in her favour, while Wilbur learned… Hypnosis. It’s going to be an uphill battle for him.

Here goes nothing...

Entering Mt. Moon, all four Pokemon are doing their best to prove that they are here to stay.

Franklin and Mae, for instance, are beginning to prove themselves that they can go the distance.

Unfortunately, when we got to the Lame Nerd Miguel (no, I didn’t misread, and I’ll show you why)…

Luddy succumbed to a crit Sludge, which drained whatever health she had left. The only other Pokemon who was with me besides Franklin after the incidents from Kennedy’s Magby and Brock’s… well, Brock’s party as a whole, and she suddenly kicks the bucket.

I lost a whole team and I didn't even make it out Mt. Moon yet. W h y d o e s i t f e e l l i k e I c a n ’ t h a v e a n y t h i n g?

I ended up picking Mae to carry that weight, and she knocked down Grimer and Electrike.

However, the Koffing negated Mae’s trump card Magnitude, and also poisoned her as well. I have the feeling I'm going to hate Koffing in the long run, like I did back in the day...

Undeterred, she took down the Koffing with Rock Throw.

I ended up picking the Dome Fossil. Sorry, but I don’t follow the church of Helix.

It’s gonna be a while before I even get there…

On Route 4, I decided to tutor Mae and Franklin Mega Punch and Mega Kick, respectively. Inaccurate, yet powerful.

What do you mean I’m not out of the woods?

Despite this setback, a battered Franklin managed to make short work of the Lass’ team, one of her moments involving freezing the Lass’ Pidgeotto.

After healing at Cerulean City, I headed back to Route 4, and encountered a Sandshrew. Considering the Gym I’m going to challenge, now’s not the right time to be catching him, but in a Nuzlocke one needs to take what you could--

Never mind. I doubt I’ll be trusting Mae to recruit members.

However, at Cerulean City, we came across a Shroomish. Fortunately, she was convinced to join the party. And at the right time, too.

I named her Carrington, after Debbie Lee Carrington, a little person actor who I remember from the original Total Recall.

Another Jolly Pokemon, this time with Effect Spore, Leech Seed and Stun Spore working in her favour. I hope she gets to stick around.

And here’s the party now. I trained them up to Level 19, for the upcoming battle against Kennedy and his Magby the terrible. Hopefully, third time’s the charm in keeping the squad intact.

But for now, to play us out… Bella Notte… Luddyimsosorry.

Rest in Peace

Luddy the Houndour (Viridian City, Level 4 - Level 17) - Her death was perhaps the only bad thing that happened this Chapter aside from the failed Sandshrew catch. I know I kept calling Luddy useless since the beginning, but it breaks my heart that she wasn't able to reach her potential, all because of a nerd's toxic party. I wished that we had more time together.

Surviving Party Members: Franklin, Wilbur the Hoothoot, Mae the Geodude, Carrington the Shroomish

Death Count: 6 (Miyu, Prince, Amelia, Paula, Heather, Luddy the Houndour)

lesbian xion

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
oh man, fire red omega ! it's been a minute since i touched this myself, so i couldn't offer any advice, but drayano hacks tend 2 be v unforgiving as already witnessed...

that said, while it's sad that Luddy kicked the bucket, U have a shroomish now !! take good care of her, she'll be a key player for the misty battle.

gl !! i'm cheering 4 U, U can do it !!!

Rico

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 10, 2019
Just caught up with this and wow, what a brutal start :( It was sad to see Heather fall to Brock but she took the sacrifice for you to win that match when you had a team that was very ill equipped for the battle.

I was hoping to see Luddy go far but alas, it was not meant to be. Carrington is a great mushroom boy though and perfect timing for the Misty battle.

Come on, you got this!

0 Anonymous

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Aw man it's a shame to see Luddy go. Such a good dog could only be taken out by luck like that.

Your team has immediately taken a turn to looking waaaay better than it did! Noctowl's a bulky bird specially, Geodude is boring but amazingly reliable, Carrington is about to put in some serious work at Misty. Things are finally looking up??

THKS

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Due to popular demand, Chapter 4 is here early. Will we atone for our two battles against Kennedy, or could history repeat itself? Let's find out now.

Setting up camp at Cerulean City, normally I would sometimes decide to cut out the middleman and take on Misty first. But not wanting to be an idiot and end my Nuzlocke early, I went up north to the bridge… (Keep in mind, this is Omega.)

…and typically, that’s where Kennedy is. At least he wasn’t panicking before thrusting you into a battle like Trace did in both Let's Go games.

This time, he decided to even up the score with his four Pokemon.

Really? A Level 18 Golbat? I mean, with Pidgeotto, it would kind of be plausible at least in Pokemon Yellow, but a Level 18 Golbat? I’d like to have the drugs his Pokemon are on, please.

Like the first battle, Franklin defeated Golbat, though she did take serious damage.

Kennedy sent Gastly out next. He ended up licking Franklin, and somehow she survived on just one HP before knocking the Gastly down.

This time, Snubbull came out, and I thought now was the time to show off Mae.

Mae took a laughably small amount of damage but made short work of the Snubbull with Rock Throw.

Then came Kennedy’s Magby, at Level 21. I didn’t think he’d go that far…

Despite some heavy competition, believe it or not, Mae managed to topple the Magby with her Magnitude. Finally, I get a clean-as-a-whistle victory after the first being close in Kennedy’s favour, and the second involving me losing two Pokemon.

No, you take it easy. You already took two of my Pokemon from me.

They wouldn’t happen to have been Eevees now, would they?

Before Kennedy did his silly walk, he ended up giving me something… (IN HIS PANTS!)

Come on, one time out of ten, he’ll actually give you an item.

And now we move on to the Nugget Bridge.

At the first trainer, I decided to test new recruit Carrington out. She initially struggled against the Nincada, but Leech Seed and Effect Spore worked in her favour, taking him out.

Then came Spinarak. Leech Seed, whittle, taken down.

The same worked against Surskit.

But then came Pineco. Fearing that it would suddenly blow up, I decided to send Mae out, knowing that she can withstand those moves.

Fortunately, she never got hit by one, and channeled Saitama by using one punch to knock the Pineco out.

Then next came the Lass, and when she says “Now it’s serious”, you better believe that this rom isn’t messing around.

Mae comfortably took care of the Togepi.

But when Oddish came out to play, I decided to send Wilbur out, since this Oddish most likely still had Absorb. Wilbur wasted no time against the Oddish.

Then Ali sent out Ledyba. I’ll give you one guess on what happened.

Next is #3, the Youngster. And you won’t believe what his name is.

Hey, Timmy. Where are you fairy godparents?

Wilbur had no problems against the Sentret, but when Aipom came out, it made Wilbur’s life a living hell.

So Carrington came out to finish the job.

NOW GO TO BED, TWERP!

Maybe I’d be tired if you all had six Pokemon at your disposal, like with Brock.

Unfortunately, Reli had a Nidoran Female out. So Carrington stepped in again, with her Stun Spore and Leech Seed being key in whittling down the Nidoran’s health. She carefully avoided contact with Mega Drain.

And then came a Nidorina. Same Shroomish, different day.

Oh, here’s #5.

Or that would be the case if his Eevee had evolved. Wilbur landed a Hypnosis, before gradually taking the Eevee out.

With the trainers done, I was rewarded a Nugget. It was perfect.

...wait, what?

Yeah, Vito and Michael Corleone, you ain’t.

With Wilbur’s Hypnosis successfully landing on the second attempt, Wilbur chipped away at Koffing until he fell.

But then came the dreaded Seviper. Mae came in to take on the snake.

Despite being poisoned badly, Mae managed to take out the Seviper with Magnitude.

With the Rocket Grunt vanquished, Wilbur celebrated by evolving into a Noctowl. Unfortunately, Wilbur can’t learn a good attack move.

Yeah, I did that in Apollo and Rocket Edition, and neither worked out for me in the end. I mean, I finished those Nuzlockes, but one was unfinished game wise and another had me set up.

Before I called it a day, I decided to scout some new recruits on Routes 24 and 25.

But on Route 24, I kept coming across Taillows and there was an Abra which immediately used Teleport. And that is where Dupes and Escape Clause respectively step in.

Eventually, an Oddish showed up. Despite Carrington falling asleep…

…she did more than enough to convince the Oddish to join the team.

And I decided to name the Oddish Herve, after another little person actor, Herve Villechaize. It’s just coincidence, I assure you.

Meanwhile on Route 25, there was a Ralts on the first attempt.

Amazingly, despite taking some damage, Ralts did not take the coward’s way out and use Teleport. Carrington’s ploy worked!

BTW, I named him Oscar, after Oscar Wilde.

While Herve has a Timid nature, which helps out his Special… he has no moves to take advantage of it! I’m gonna have to teach him a TM for now…

There. Hope you actually learn an attack move down the road…

And who would’ve thought that Oscar, a Ralts, had a Naughty nature? It's like it was meant to be.

Also, while Teleport is a useless move in trainer combat, it actually works like Fly and Dig to a lesser extent, bringing you back to the Pokemon Centre without walking in case your Pokemon suffers a status ailment, unlike Roar or Whirlwind. It’s not that bad if you have Teleport in the long term if you choose to keep it. Then again, I prefer a Ralts with Trace, but other than that, I'm not complaining.

And here’s the squad now. Next time, I’ll be taking on the opponents standing in my way to Bill’s house, where I heard something went down… Oh, and Misty, too.

To close the chapter out for the first time without any deaths, along with a full party for once… I’ve gone for a little dose of Modern Talking.

Surviving Party Members: Franklin, Wilbur the Noctowl, Mae, Carrington, Herve the Oddish, Oscar the Ralts)

Death Count: 6 (Miyu, Prince, Amelia, Paula, Heather, Luddy)
Thank you for the support, guys. Chapter 5 will be coming Tuesday.

Last edited:

lesbian xion

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Fire, Fairy
noctowl is pretty beefy, don't count wilbur out just yet

yr team is lookin' good, just make sure U grind everyone up and misty should hopefully be a bit easier, now that U have 2 grass types

0 Anonymous

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Everything's looking good :D

Wilbur may need a TM or two but Noctowl special bulk is actually really legit.

I swear, there have been so many close calls that Franklin HAS to be an adrenaline junkie at this point.

Two really nice catches, Oddish line is always great and Gardes always put in work.

Carrington already showing some MVP potential with Leech Seed and Stun Spore huh?

THKS

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Bad news. Imgur is currently being an unreliable piece of junk with loading pictures, so the Chapter unfortunately may be pushed back at least for a little while. There will be surprises in this Chapter, so stay tuned.

Train27

King of Derps
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 13, 2020
Nature
Calm
Pokémon Type
Normal
Pokédex Entry
Usually seen calmly grazing at the computer, turning pizza and caffeine into code.
Bad news. Imgur is currently being an unreliable piece of junk with loading pictures, so the Chapter unfortunately may be pushed back at least for a little while. There will be surprises in this Chapter, so stay tuned.
Yeah, I got some issues these past few days. I think it's just a thing with Imgur when trying to upload many images at once 🤷‍♂️

THKS

Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Ground, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Good news, Imgur has recovered and Chapter 5 is now ready to go. And starting with this post, I will be answering replies before the Chapter.
noctowl is pretty beefy, don't count wilbur out just yet
Wilbur may need a TM or two but Noctowl special bulk is actually really legit.
I haven’t counted Wilbur out. I was just playing on the ‘unfortunately, Yoshi can’t read’ joke. I hope that he gets to stick around for a while.

I swear, there have been so many close calls that Franklin HAS to be an adrenaline junkie at this point.
It seems like death keeps coming close to Franklin’s door only to have some fun and games with its new friend. What other explanation is there for her cheating death all those times?

yr team is lookin' good, just make sure U grind everyone up and misty should hopefully be a bit easier, now that U have 2 grass types
Don’t worry. I’ve learned my lesson from Brock, and I feel quietly confident with the team I have now.

Two really nice catches, Oddish line is always great and Gardes always put in work.

Carrington already showing some MVP potential with Leech Seed and Stun Spore huh?
Yeah, all three of them have potential. I hope that they’re here to stay and make long-lasting memories. Who knows, maybe Franklin might have a worthy opponent in her party.
The following chapter is dedicated to former Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles rugby league player Keith Titmuss. A key player in what turned out to be the last Holden Cup, he was a rising star and a promising player that was gone too soon. Keith, you will be missed.

I ended up grinding my team to Level 20, and here’s the result.

Oscar evolved into a Kirlia. He’s a step closer to becoming a Gardevoir.

Now that grinding is done, it’s time to mow down the trainers guarding Bill’s house.

Oh, and just a reminder, I named her after Aretha Franklin, not Hiker Franklin.

You’re making her blush!

Nonetheless, mishaps were abound. Herve survived a close call against a Sudowoodo and later on against a Slowpoke which took his health down to 1 HP!

I wouldn’t be, either…

…especially when he evolves after that!

Yeah, maybe we could finally replace the basic Tack--NO.

You’re a valuable member and I’ll be damned if you decide to blow yourself up, Mae.

Wilbur came across one of his more infamous foes… a Spinda. Why? Well when I was training him before going through Mt. Moon earlier, there were Spindas in Route 3, and they knew Uproar. It was hell trying to grind him up, so I headed back to Pewter City to get him up to speed.

It still proved to be a hassle to knock out!

Whismur, on the other hand, was more of a pushover.

And Mae also suffered some competition but managed to get the job done against Youngster Chad. Hopefully he grows up to be one hell of a man.

After beating the Lass’ Pokemon, I finally entered Bill’s house, where a Clefairy is waddling around.

Are you sure? Because Team Rocket’s Meowth managed to master the English language…

Oh, okay. Maybe that’s how the Meowth spoke.

Yeah, sure.

And then I left.

I’m kidding, I did what he asked for me to do.

He ended up giving me a ticket to say thanks.

Oh, so that’s why. It feels less special now.

Teleporting back to Cerulean, I decided to go for a little grind to Level 23.

One to note is Carrington; she evolved into a Breloom. The addition of a Fighting type makes her vulnerable to Psychic types and EXTREMELY vulnerable to Flying types, but it’s good that she evolved, because she'll have great physical attacking power.

And here’s how the team looks at Level 23.

Carrington has an improved movepool with Headbutt and Mach Punch, Franklin is a step closer to her final form, Oscar learned Calm Mind… and Wilbur still hasn’t learned a new move. At least he has his evolution.

This time, I’m feeling more confident going into the Cerulean Gym.

Franklin dispatched both the Swimmer and the Picknicker with little trouble to note.

And then came Misty. Like Brock, she too has six Pokemon.

Carrington proved how much of a threat she could be with Staryu and Psyduck taken down swiftly.

Then came Seadra. Despite a tough showing, the Seadra also bit the dust.

Believe it or not, Luvdisc was a hassle against Carrington.

Largely because of the aid of healing items, Carrington took down the Luvdisc.

Next was Misty’s beloved Togetic. Franklin ended up coming in, with a Thunder Wave striking her from the word go.

Despite that setback, Franklin made short work of Togetic.

Last, but not least was her Starmie. This time, I sent out Herve to deal with the star.

Despite taking some serious damage, Herve successfully lands a Stun Spore. Taking a turn to heal, Starmie immediately responds with its own Thunder Wave right back at the Gloom.

The Starmie certainly isn’t something to mess with; Omega certainly amped Misty’s Starmie up with Thunder Wave and Shock Wave, no less. Also, Herve was on the wrong side of confusion. Thank Arceus I didn't ban healing items or I would've been up a creek without a paddle.

When Herve snapped out of confusion, he managed to strike his Bullet Seed right into the jewel of Starmie, finishing the match.

Misty concedes defeat by giving me the Cascadebadge…

…while Franklin celebrates by evolving to her final form. Omega also seemed to have sped up the evolution for the Jynx line because they normally take Level 30 to evolve, but I’m not complaining after all the hardship Franklin and I endured.

Oh, and who wouldn’t teach Jynx Lovely Kiss? It’s like their trademark move, such as Smeargle’s Sketch, Ditto’s Transform, Delibird’s Present… oh wait, that last one isn’t a good example. Anyway, it’s their trademark move.

And we were gifted with the TM Water Pulse. A decent water move on par with Bubblebeam, but has a chance of confusing the opponent, like with Herve.

I was ready to call it a night until I noticed the officer stepped aside. The officer did it earlier, but I was too focused on the fight with Misty.

Really? They must be pretty good, then…

Geez, I wonder what TM they stole. It clearly must be ROAR!

Nope.

I started off with Herve, which felt like a mistake, but the Houndour didn’t do anything, so he gave me a free shot with Poison Powder.

I intended to defeat the Houndour with Mae, but the Houndour’s ROAR forced Wilbur out. This is why I thought ROAR and Whirlwind were both worse than Teleport because they can be rage-inducing if you're not prepared to face the perpetrating Pokemon. That and they don’t take you to a Pokemon Centre.

But it made no difference and the Houndour was taken down. I really don’t want to be reminded of Luddy right now…

Then came Drowzee and he was no match for Wilbur. For all his faults in not learning a good attack move, Wilbur at least can get the job done to an extent.

We then got the TM Dig…

…and the Rocket suddenly vanished. I never understood why.

But this is a good place to end off. We got our second Gym badge, five out of six Pokemon have evolved and we’ve gone two chapters without a death. Considering the woeful start, it feels more hopeful and satisfying now. Next time, we'll be boarding the S.S. Anne, in the hopes of getting Cut. I hope Kennedy's prepared for me next time.

And to close the chapter out… to celebrate Franklin’s evolution, The Lady in Red.

Surviving Party Members: Franklin the Jynx, Wilbur, Mae, Carrington the Breloom, Herve the Gloom, Oscar the Kirlia)

Death Count: 6 (Miyu, Prince, Amelia, Paula, Heather, Luddy)
Chapter 6 will be coming full speed ahead in a few days.

War Anvil

Life is too short to be little.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Cool, Cute
Pokédex Entry
I like your Sakurai, but not your players. Your players are so unlike your Sakurai.
Liking this update just for the Disney VHS bumper alone. To me? It's more soul than you think.

Shocking that you beat Omega!Misty without any deaths. The fact she has Togetic on board in this hack is, as people much older than me would call it, a lulu.

in this house we stan steve gray's "great ovation"

0 Anonymous

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Judging by that opening maybe Herve shouldn't have a slot next to Franklin. He's picking up bad habits lol

kinda crazy that Luvdisc can be a legit threat earlygame. But then again, #LuvdiscWins so I'm not surprised it can cause suffering.

ShockWave and TWave are pretty rude on a Starmie this early on. Not as bad as Ice Beam, but still pretty rough.

No death streak continues :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)