• The Writer's Locke will be on hiatus from now until August 2nd. Read more about it here. Thanks for sticking by us. Looking forward to seeing you all again when we're back!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Voice Work Showcase Fan [Season Two] The Writer's Locke: Hiatus Announcement

Thread Description
We'll be back on August 2nd!

Flop disc

Johto League Champion
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
1T9WGss.jpg

Hey guys!

Straight to the point -- The Writer’s Locke is going on hiatus until August 2nd.

Last episode, we ran late, and this episode we got 90% of the way there but ultimately missed our deadline entirely. Rather than rush along, we’ve elected to take a step back as we move toward the second part of the season.

The hiatus is due to a lack of foresight on my part. I scheduled us in a similar way that I did to the first season, forgetting one key thing: last year, most of us had a tonne more free time to devote to the podcast. The crew behind TWL is mostly post-college adults, dealing with work and project commitments that have scaled up markedly from 2020. As a result, the wheels have slipped off while we’ve adjusted back. (If we run for a third season, we will look at tweaking the schedule and format accordingly.)

We’ll be working on the podcast itself during this downtime, co-ordinating readers and recording discussion segments as usual. When we return, we’ll continue with our Monday releases every three weeks. But also -- we’ll take time to rest, too.

The season was initially projected to end on October 4th, but will now run until December 20th.

Thank you for sticking with us. 💖

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Thank you for your transparency regarding the project's hiatus. I understand completely and eagerly await when The Writer's Locke returns.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)