• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Unova General Mon Road Map Not Included: A White Nuzlocke

Thread Description
11/24 - Page 55!

Kadew

sometimes life really is quite lovely
🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
Finally caught up again and congrats on your second anniversary! So much has happened, and is happening, and Finley is so dedicated to not processing it. Brush it off, it's fine, they're fine, let's focus on other people's problems and not yours. So real, and so frustrating, and I can't wait to see how it all blows over like so many cards in a castle.

ashdrawsarts

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/them, he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. ???
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Page 49!

@Kadew Welcome back! (And thank you :D!) Everything happens so much and Finley is handling it Just Fine.
Finley, avoiding all their problems: "What do you mean this isn't a healthy coping mechanism?"
I can't wait to see how it all blows over like so many cards in a castle.
>:3c

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Ahhhhhh it's so good to see everyone back together ;;w;; I really do hope this tourney can be a good thing for everyone; goodness knows they need it

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
Just binge-read this because it's adorable and aaahhhh 😭 I legit cried at Nimbus' death but I'm so glad to see everybody pulling through and that Clover's back out!

ashdrawsarts

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/them, he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. ???
Page 50!

@Tailsimp The gang's all back together :'D The team really can't catch a break huh? This type of casual thing seems like just the solution!

@SayleeK Hey welcome! Glad the binging was enjoyable! I was emotionally devastated at that death and I will make everyone feel my pain >:3c

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
It's nice to see everyone (trying) to have some fun! They could really use it. I sure hope this stays a fun thing :') 🎉 Also congrats on 50 pages!!! 🎉

Garnet

Onion Boy
🌱Featurer
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
You can't keep doing this to us!

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
No no no no, not Mika. She really seemed to be the main character type, the normal type that against all odds makes it to the end. I didn't expect her to meet her end so soon. The team is just barely finished recovering from Nimbus. Mika feels like the second in command and next in line for a team leader. She also felt like the heart, so for her to fall now...

ashdrawsarts

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/them, he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. ???
Page 52!

@Garnet >:3c

@Tailsimp *hands you some tissues*

@ACottontail If I could've I would've taken Mika all the way to the Champion. I love the watchog line, she was gonna be so good ;-;
The team is definitely due for some uhhh, Struggles, leadership-wise now. Nimbus and Mika were pretty integral to the overall dynamic and with them gone the team is going to have some changes.

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Oh. Hey. I thought I was done crying over this but nope :')

Kadew

🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
Mika........ :( :( :( Gosh poor FInley, this is just one blow after another.

SnakeEyesDraws

yee to the haw
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 19, 2020
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Robot lover by day, robot lover by night as well. This Pokemon spits out a comic page about once a month before scuttling back into its room.
Just when I thought I was past Nimbus' death :''')
God, this lose really stings, especially so soon after the first death. Mika was such a wonderful positive influence and a great character, it was so enjoyable to see her develop and grow and learn confidence and then for her to just die in such a unfortunate situation... ouch. You certainly know how to capture the unfairness of deaths ;_;
Bianca's lines of "This was supposed to be fun, things were just getting back to normal" hits hard too. Really captures the unexpectedness of these loses, and how they're happening to trainers who are still just kids and not really equipped to deal with this sort of loss. Also seems like the team was hit hard from this loss as well... hopefully they can recover and move on from here ;;

ashdrawsarts

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/them, he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. ???
Page 53!

@Tailsimp My power >:3c (On a serious note though, sorry for making you cry but I am uh, glad that I was able to get this kind of response to my work :D!)

@Kadew Finley has had to deal with so much in such a short time span and I am Not going to make that any easier any time soon. Poor kid :(

@SnakeEyesDraws Mika ;-; She was such a fun character to write and I'm really gonna miss her,, That unfairness was one of my goals when planning out the deaths because like, there was a character here and now there isn't. And it doesn't matter if they were in the middle of something or if they still had more to do because they're gone and you don't get closure and the surviving characters need to figure out how to move on from here. (Sorry if that was a little rambly, I had a lot of thoughts and they all wanted to get written down at the exact same time lol)
I'm so glad you like that Bianca line because like- They're just kids!!! They're kids trying to have fun on vacation but bad things keep happening and they don't know how to deal with it and it sucks!!

Kadew

🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
Oh good, everyone is coping nicely. Good ol stoic silence and sulking.

Garnet

Onion Boy
🌱Featurer
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/He
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
A strange Pokémon that claims to be both an artist and writer, yet almost never has any work to show for either.
Healthy Coping Mechanisms At Work, clearly

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Its so cool to see everyone's ways of handling grief mesh in some ways and collide in others. It feels very true to life: most everyone wants to help, but no one quite knows how unless they've been with someone thru hard times before. Its just a very good beat and interesting to see. Very well done~!

ashdrawsarts

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/them, he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. ???
Page 54!

@Kadew Surely no problems will come from refusing to talk about things! This is the ideal solution!

@Garnet Only the healthiest methods for these characters. No Problems Here

@Tailsimp Yeah! Everyone processes things in their own ways and sometimes the ways these methods interact can be really interesting :>

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
So first off I really adore the begining section. It has such a heavy atmosphere and weight to it all without dialogue. Well done~!

Bless Bianca trying to keep the mood up. I feel like saying Cheren is "wasting his time" when he wants to do some shopping isn't the best way to get her message across, but I get why she'd hope they could all hang out today. I'm sad Cheren left them, but it's fair. I'm just left worrying greatly about Fin being left alone with N at such a sensitive time ;;w;;

Another great update~!

Users who are viewing this thread