• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
[June 7, 2022] Road Map Not Included [ashdrawsarts]

Comic Unova General Mon Road Map Not Included: A White Nuzlocke

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
8/3 - Page 71!

Kadew

🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
bless bianca she's trying so hard to help and be a good friend to finley through this rough patch

OP
ashdrawsarts

ashdrawsarts

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/them, he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. ???
Finley Has a Fun Conversation
Page 55!

@Tailsimp Fun fact: That opening scene was originally very different and had a lot of dialogue, but I ended up changing it while sketching because I didn't like it that much. Good to see my instincts were right on that one :D
Bianca is trying. So Hard!! She's doing her best to keep this journey fun even if the universe is actively fighting against her on that.
Psssh what, nothing to worry about here. Finley and N have had such nice conversations before now, no way anything will go wrong
Also, thank you!! Your support really means a lot to me and I'm glad you like this comic so much <3

@Kadew Bianca literally deserves a medal after all this. She's doing so much and the world is Not making it easy on her

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Artist
Writer
Godfather
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
God the universe really is against Bianca making Fin happy huh!?

Man this hurt even more than I thought it would. I have to give it to Fin though, taking away all of N's power in that conversation by admiting fault was a power move even if not intended that way. Tho it still hurts to hear Fin state it that way. Its not completely wrong, but there's so much more to it then simply being on this journey. The Pokemon themselves made choices that contributed to it aa much as Fin's action or even Fin bringing them along in the first place. But of course theres no way to explain that. :')

The sequence where Fin is yelling at N and Jade's subsequent defense are all really fantastically done! The art really pushes those desperate and painful feelings in the scene. Absolutely wonderful job.

In related news watch where u step, my heart is in pieces on the floor :')

OP
ashdrawsarts

ashdrawsarts

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/them, he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. ???
Page 56!

@Tailsimp The end of this comic is actually Bianca becoming real and fighting me because I keep making all her friends sad
Finley's response is definitely coming from a place of grief and guilt that's leading them to have a warped perspective on the situation. You're right in saying that there were a lot of factors involved in those deaths that Finley just doesn't know about, which is Unfortunate 🙃
Thank you!! Paneling that scene took Forever because of how emotionally intense it was but I'm glad I was able to hit those beats in the end

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Artist
Writer
Godfather
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
Hello yes I would die for Jade!

You do a great job making it clear what Jade is "saying"/trying to do even though she can't speak. I never would have thought a roggenrolla could be so... expressive? But you've done an amazing job with Jade! She just! Wants!! Her team back together again!!! Like it makes sense that everyone is on edge- especially with 2 losses in a row like that- but as stated, it's not like clamping up will help with that! Speaking of, the conversation in the later half is really great! I didn't even think about how, from their perspective, everything so far has been a disaster since arriving- it's good to hear about why they would want to stay despite all that. And that feelingof "i think with work, this could work out" is a great one! I'm excited to see how striker feels as things improve.

Another fantastically done page! I look forward to the next update- but in the meantime, good luck on your finals!!! 🎉

OP
ashdrawsarts

ashdrawsarts

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/them, he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. ???
Page 57!

@Tailsimp Jade Appreciation Club
Jade is definitely a trickier character to work with than the rest because she just has so much less to work with for expressions than the other characters but I've been trying to make her more of a participant in scenes. She just misses her friends!! And it's hard because its easy for everyone to ignore her!!
Wess and Striker are so interesting to me because they joined at such a weird time for the group and I really like exploring their feelings on that. Things have been bad, but there's potential here as long as they're willing to put in the effort.
Thanks! Finals are officially done!!! 🎉🎉 And I'm going to enjoy winter break so much lol

Tailsimp

🎇Contributor
Artist
Writer
Godfather
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
I can't believe I forgot to gush about how good page 57 is and how much I love Jade inspiring the others to get along! Also that question "why didn't we do anything" hurt so bad along with this panel later on-
unknown.png

the way you used negative space here to emphasize the feeling of helplessness was so good. I love the resolution of "we'll be here when you're ready" but I can't help but wonder if these feelings will come up again.

Also hey, speaking of great use of negative space-
unknown.png

this crushes me! I'm so glad Fin talked with them all about it, but it still hurt so much to see their reactions to the news about Emolgas ;;w;; I'm glad they all had a choice tho, and that Fin feels confident with the team he has to work with. Now I'm just praying it goes well cause god knows this team does not need anymore losses. Speaking of- I loved the montage you showed! it really feels like this team has worked hard, and i'm looking forward to seeing how that training pays off!

Great job on these pages as always! Hope you have a Happy New Years~!!!

Kadew

🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
If you encounter a wild Kadew, best practice is to gently bully her into remembering that she loves to draw. She forgets, sometimes.
oh man the lead up to the gym! I really like how you've been pacing things, really giving everyone a chance to sorta breathe and process and work through the pain and grief in their own ways, rather than rushing past to the next plot point. Feels like the wound can at least scab over a bit before moving on to the next big fight, and against two emolga no less.

vizarding

bug aficionado
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 20, 2021
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
A artist hailing from the land of Stephen King's Maine, avoiding evil clowns and drawing day and night.
hey i just binged your whole comic and it's fantastic! i love finley as a protagonist, they're so adorable and i love their fluffy hair. i absolutely adore your interpretation of bianca and her arc, it's really great and i can't wait to see more of her! you also draw her so damn cute. i love her bow! your art is incredible and i love seeing it grow as the comic goes on, you're so talented!

i'm sad about the deaths..... you did them so well and i was attached to each of them! (esp nimbus i loved his writing.....) i'm a jade stan thou. stanning til the end of time.

excited for the elesa fight!

Krisantyne

oh no
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
she
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon clings to Sharpedo and shares in its prosperity. When its Sharpedo is attacked, Krisantyne will fight alongside it!
Hiiii I've been dying to read this because the human characters look so adorable and I want to hold them all in a big hug, and I finally did!

Holy heck, it's amazing how far you got into the story in such a short time, while taking the time to go into so much detail with the characters and their relationships! There's, like, SO MUCH delicious comic. One important factor probably is that you really know how much to show of the environments and when backgrounds aren't needed. It's so efficient and I admire it. ;v;

I super love the trainer trio! They have fun together, and they have realistic conflicts, and they solve them well! They're such good friends!!
And those team dynamics..... All the Pokémon have such distinct personalities and I love how much we get to learn about them, like how they all feel about the journey and their places on the team.

The narratives around the deaths so far were sooooo good, what happened to them was so fitting for their character arcs. It's the kindest thing you can do for a character who has to die, and that's a little bit of solace in how sad it is. Amazing work!!

OP
ashdrawsarts

ashdrawsarts

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/them, he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. ???
Page 59!

@Tailsimp Negative space is something I like to mess with a lot, especially because I only draw actual backgrounds Very Occasionally, so it's nice to know that I'm doing a good job at that!
You're right about this team really needing a win right now. Here's hoping everything goes alright with Elesa
I love doing these montages and it's been such a long time since I've been able to do a big one like this :>
Thanks again and I hope the new year has been treating you well!

@Kadew
Gym time gym time!
I've been a bit worried about the pacing of this chapter since it is a lot longer/slower than the other chapters but it just didn't feel right to have things move any faster. These characters do need time to breathe so I'm glad that's coming across well :>

@vizarding
aaaaaaa thank you!! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Bianca is such a fun character to write and I'm so happy that my version of her is so well received! Also giving her that bow was maybe one of the best decisions I've ever made in my entire life
your art is incredible and i love seeing it grow as the comic goes on, you're so talented!
a- ;-;
Nimbus... Writing his arc was really fun (even if it HURT) and I still miss him.
One more addition to the Jade fan club.. Her power grows

@Krisantyne waughhh ;-; thank youuu for the nice comment!!
Ah, yeah! A big factor in the end result of a lot of pages is just me being realistic about the amount of work I can complete before upload day and working within those limitations. At the end of the day Road Map is a comic that I really want to finish so I try to be as efficient as possible with it while still making something that I'm proud of!
I'm glad the character dynamics are coming across well! I get a lot of fun out of just like. Throwing a bunch of different personalities together and seeing how they interact with each other (Something that might be obvious given like. Half the pages of this comic haha)
I was Super nervous about the death scenes when I first wrote them because they were definitely out of my comfort zone but I'm glad that I was able to do them in a satisfying way :D!

Kadew

🌱Featurer
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
and here we go! that was shockingly nice of Elesa to offer an alternative team lineup to avoid triggering Finley and their team. It's a shame they didn't take her up on it, but there's no way that'll have consequences.

vizarding

bug aficionado
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 20, 2021
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
A artist hailing from the land of Stephen King's Maine, avoiding evil clowns and drawing day and night.
Aaaa I'm so excited to see what happens next! Finley being a brave lil lad abt it and insisting to have her base team... they're so strong i love them. I believe in them and their team!

OP
ashdrawsarts

ashdrawsarts

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/them, he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. ???
Let's wrap up this fight!

@Kadew Finley makes excellent decisions all the time with no negative repercussions at all, I promise <3

@vizarding This is the energy Finley needs in these trying times! Here's hoping this battle goes well,,

vizarding

bug aficionado
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 20, 2021
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
I really love your portrayal of Elesa! Level headed and stern is def how i can picture her and you do a wonderful job of it. I can only hope this isn't some deep foreshadowing of tragedy to come thou... good job on the win for jade! jade fan club party tonight.

OP
ashdrawsarts

ashdrawsarts

Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/them, he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. ???
And we're back!

Page 61!

@vizarding I'm glad you like my Elesa! She's quickly become one of my favorite side characters in just the few scenes she's in :>
Tragedy? In this comic? Never >:3c
Jade fan club stay!! winning!!

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about octopath
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
Aw..... they're such good friends ;; god bless

Nebbles

physically unable to shut up about octopath
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 3, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
This writer spends many hours toiling over her endless pile of fics while being surrounded by snacks. If you approach her, she'll share them with you!
Aww, don't go and worry about the egg!!! It'll grow up big and strong!

Users who are viewing this thread