• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Galar Teen Mon Questionable Influence - Sword Nuzlocke comic

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
A weird character driven dramedy crossover nuzlocke comic full of avoiding sword's plot, clashing moralities and ascended fridge horror.

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
Somehow I forgot that there is a gym challenge going on amidst all this craziness lol I wonder how Team Yell is going to factor in to all this

OP
ACottontail

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
team yell are very stingy lactose intolerants
They're just mad they couldn't afford it. So if they can't have ice cream, no one can.
Somehow I forgot that there is a gym challenge going on amidst all this craziness lol I wonder how Team Yell is going to factor in to all this
Honestly with everything that's going on who remembered that there was a gym challenge.
And finally, a complete new page is out!
df3hv70-ddcebba9-836d-4aaa-aab7-b36c5b7dcbc6.png

Author's notes:
*The first thing I wanted to do upon getting into Turffield was to get the steel gym uniform to make the trainer look more like Corrin. There was a line of NPCs in the way practically railroading me to talk to Sonia. To quote my notes: "Anyway I go to Turffield only to be bombarded by the story I have been relentlessly skipping. I really wanted to go into the gym building to buy the steel uniform. It looks like armor, so then my character's Corrin look would be complete. However there were gym challengers blocking the way for some reason, and the game had giant neon lights saying "FOLLOW SONIA". I checked the next route which was blocked by a perfectly intact "broken" bridge. I mean it's okay the first time you play, but the railroading in pokemon can sometimes be really obnoxious. I mean I would understand if the other challengers were lined up at the reception desk, but no they prevented you from entering the gym outright. Just, why?

*At this point honestly who remembers the gym challenge. Yuuya and um... just Yuuya does.

Waweezer

Johto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon is known to make weird comics at random, no one really knows why.
the sticky note joke got me good.

I find it very interesting that sonia not only orders around team yell, but they even listen to her, I wonder what's her relation to the team...

OP
ACottontail

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
the sticky note joke got me good.

I find it very interesting that sonia not only orders around team yell, but they even listen to her, I wonder what's her relation to the team...
I'm glad to hear that the year of waiting to post that sticky note joke has paid off.
I mean, team yell needs to get the funds to properly cheer on Marnie from somewhere.
Who knew Sonia had an ego bigger than the sun.
Be careful, at that size it might pull you in with it's gravity and plot dump on you!
And now for the next page preview.
OUadY0v.png

Waweezer

Johto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
a long unskippable cutscene here is treated as a crime but the games it's as common as zubat

mewstein

Johto League Champion
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
I can almost hear Yuuya repeatedly hitting the 'A' button to get through that speech! Nintendo never quite seemed to master the whole 'Show, Don't Tell' thing when it comes to plot reveals in Pokemon...

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
"But I have to get ice cream for my cat. Look how sad she is" Amazing line. Who would argue with that logic?

OP
ACottontail

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
a long unskippable cutscene here is treated as a crime but the games it's as common as zubat
If it's a crime and extremely common, are those unskippable cutscenes law enforcement punishing the main characters? Either that or a street gang.
*Thief with a knife "Stop and listen to my 20 minute monologue or else!"
I can almost hear Yuuya repeatedly hitting the 'A' button to get through that speech! Nintendo never quite seemed to master the whole 'Show, Don't Tell' thing when it comes to plot reveals in Pokemon...
I assure you that A button was mashed so much his thumb fell off(And I totally didn't get tired of drawing it).
"But I have to get ice cream for my cat. Look how sad she is" Amazing line. Who would argue with that logic?
Thanks, that's one of my favorite lines when writing the page, and I'm glad you liked it. I originally had the line be my friend as that's what Corrin thinks of Sussie as, but my cat was a lot funnier.
Sorry for being a few days late, but here is the next page!
df4h93o-0916cc13-45b4-4e21-b505-f10da76cbf8a.png

Author's notes:
*Here we've got the mandatory event of Sonia remarking on someone's cool law mowing. During my first play through of Sword I had no problem with the cut scenes. On my second play through they got really annoying when I tried to skip past them to play the game. I already know this story, I don't need to see it again. One of the worst offenders had to be when I was praised in a battle after someone died. I still have a screenshot of it saved on my switch. This page shows how much I care about retelling Sword's story. Now do you have any 5s?

*When even the one person who offered to listen to you agrees that the plot dump is boring. Sonia, you'll have to try harder than that if you want to be a side character.

*Half the team is illiterate. There isn't exactly good education out there in the wild. So naturally confusion between things such as 1 and 7 even when symbol matching doesn't really require reading will occur.

*While I deconstructed some characters in Sword, other characters have been taken to their extreme. Since Sonia is not that important to the story, I decided to exaggerate her traits. She wants to be a well known pokemon professor, and she'll go to any means to get it. Getting pretty far in the gym challenge with only a few pokemon made them a crazy high level, allowing her to get all the funds she needs from trainers that pass by, while she gets to tell them their research.

Waweezer

Johto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
it wasn't until this comic where I realized that a poker face is actually used for poker and not just a weird name.
I'm dumb.

mewstein

Johto League Champion
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
@Waweezer You aren't alone in being confused by Poker Face - someone I know used to think it was 'Poke Her Face'...

Well, the duration Sonia's speech wasn't entirely wasted - at least Jay learnt that Playing Cards And Gambling Are Bad (when you have no way of cheating a win).

Akirathecat

A wild artist appears
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 22, 2022
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
"I'm sorry but it is!" More proof that lizzie is to pure for this team.

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Okochan getting buff 🙌 🙌 All the love and respect. And aw poor Jay, too bad it's so funny when bad things happen to him lol. Also I love Lizzie trying her best to be nice to Sonia despite the pain

OP
ACottontail

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
it wasn't until this comic where I realized that a poker face is actually used for poker and not just a weird name.
I'm dumb.
It took me awhile to learn what that meant too. I think it was sometime in middle school I learned it.
@Waweezer You aren't alone in being confused by Poker Face - someone I know used to think it was 'Poke Her Face'...

Well, the duration Sonia's speech wasn't entirely wasted - at least Jay learnt that Playing Cards And Gambling Are Bad (when you have no way of cheating a win).
That's sure going to come in handy at family gatherings!(His twin brothers grow up to be card counters)
"I'm sorry but it is!" More proof that lizzie is to pure for this team.
She is. And she's going to go down with them when the villains since villains lose in stories.
Okochan getting buff 🙌 🙌 All the love and respect. And aw poor Jay, too bad it's so funny when bad things happen to him lol. Also I love Lizzie trying her best to be nice to Sonia despite the pain
The tragedy of being in a comedy, half of your pain happens for the sake of a joke. Alas even the most kindest of spirits can be worn down by a plot dump if it's long and boring enough. But I'm glad your enjoying her effort!
And now for the next half page!
D038umu.png

Waweezer

Johto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
It took me awhile to learn what that meant too. I think it was sometime in middle school I learned it.

That's sure going to come in handy at family gatherings!(His twin brothers grow up to be card counters)

She is. And she's going to go down with them when the villains since villains lose in stories.
The tragedy of being in a comedy, half of your pain happens for the sake of a joke. Alas even the most kindest of spirits can be worn down by a plot dump if it's long and boring enough. But I'm glad your enjoying her effort!
And now for the next half page!
D038umu.png
Sharing is caring, but caring’s good…
Truly a philosophical dilemma to challenge our protagonists ideologies and view in life.

mewstein

Johto League Champion
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
If I was a rodent with a hungry cat near me I'd be heading in the opposite direction pretty sharpish...

OP
ACottontail

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
Sharing is caring, but caring’s good…
Truly a philosophical dilemma to challenge our protagonists ideologies and view in life.
Caring about those in need is good. But caring about your friends is just friendship. There dilemma averted.
If I was a rodent with a hungry cat near me I'd be heading in the opposite direction pretty sharpish...
True, but this is Ava. She can last resort cats into the atmosphere. Besides in the pokemon world that isn't as big of a concern since many pokemon have respect for their fellow living pokemon. Though if that cat's gone days without food then all bets are off...
Sussie why don't you just steal someone else's food?
Sussie: And let me teach you about friendship!
Ava:Actually let me teach you how to be a better villain.
Sorry for the delay, I got caught in the pokemon fan game rabbit hole and I kept putting off posting the next page until I was too tired to do anything. So now for the next page!
df5p1ix-46e97a4d-020f-4f8c-a762-5b7de8a235f0.png

Arist's notes:
*I saw Hop standing in front of the gym, and I thought that I would have to battle him in order to get inside. So I grinded a bit before going in. Which can be seen in the last panel. Nothing quite like eating lunch with unconscious bodies around you.

*The Stunky isn't lying. If you look back at the page where Jay was introduced, you can see bones scattered around his home.

*I'm totally not foreshadowing anything that happens next page... Heh heh...

*I only realized after I posted the page preview that I forgot to color some of the food Ava has. So I fixed it up for here.

And since I didn't post last week, here's the page preview,
EJxqczl.png

Last edited:

Waweezer

Johto League Champion
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
imagine stealing someone's rival. I wonder how that would work, would you get friend zoned? or would you get rival zoned?

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Oh my gosh this is so cute. That picnic at the end!! And I love poor Lizzie's concern for the lunch-less mons. She is a gem among villains.

Users who are viewing this thread