• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Comic Galar Teen Mon Questionable Influence - Sword Nuzlocke comic

Thread Description
A weird character driven dramedy crossover nuzlocke comic full of avoiding sword's plot, clashing moralities and ascended fridge horror.

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
oh, a secret provider for the team?
Perhaps.
Huh, this is right
In pokemon camp, we never get to use the tent for anything!
all activities we do, we do it outside of the tent
it is just there for marking, huh?
Now that you mention it I am wondering why the tent is set up at all for camp. It's never used and everything you can do in camp isn't related to it. I guess it would just be weird to sell camping sets without the tent. Leaving out the tent altogether would save space, but bag space isn't an issue for most trainers.
And now for the next page!
FvgDu3G.png

Author's notes:
*The pokemon world is fairly safe especially compared to those of other nuzlockes. Pokemon almost never die in a battle to the point a lot of people would freak out if you said one of your pokemon died. While it is heard of for villainous teams to play dirty, the most pokemon usually get in a controlled battle is a broken arm or a scar. That said there is still plenty of room for terrible things to happen to the team, especially when one's health dropped to zero in game. Sundae got off lucky.

*The healing machines can heal up most minor injuries in an instant. While it's not going to heal a broken bone, it can heal scratches, scrapes, cuts, minor recently gotten scars, statuses and other minor to mid severity injuries. Which caught Jay off guard when all the injuries he got from battles before joining the team disappeared.

*Dumping ash like that is pollution. Corrin also dumped it pretty much directly onto an officer which is active engagement with a law official. No wonder that ended so poorly.

Waweezer

Conqueror of the Mahogany Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon is known to make weird comics at random, no one really knows why.
Perhaps.

Now that you mention it I am wondering why the tent is set up at all for camp. It's never used and everything you can do in camp isn't related to it. I guess it would just be weird to sell camping sets without the tent. Leaving out the tent altogether would save space, but bag space isn't an issue for most trainers.
FvgDu3G.png

Author's notes:
*The pokemon world is fairly safe especially compared to those of other nuzlockes. Pokemon almost never die in a battle to the point a lot of people would freak out if you said one of your pokemon died. While it is heard of for villainous teams to play dirty, the most pokemon usually get in a controlled battle is a broken arm or a scar. That said there is still plenty of room for terrible things to happen to the team, especially when one's health dropped to zero in game. Sundae got off lucky.

*The healing machines can heal up most minor injuries in an instant. While it's not going to heal a broken bone, it can heal scratches, scrapes, cuts, minor recently gotten scars, statuses and other minor to mid severity injuries. Which caught Jay off guard when all the injuries he got from battles before joining the team disappeared.

*Dumping ash like that is pollution. Corrin also dumped it pretty much directly onto an officer which is active engagement with a law official. No wonder that ended so poorly.
I feel bad for greninja, he literally wants nothing from the koopa family.

Kit_The_Feef

Someone who draws too much ¯\_(ಠωಠ)_/¯
Artist
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Comic artist. Idiot. Has far too many active projects for his own sanity. Unreliable when it comes to updates on his non-comic endeavours.
I laughed when Corrin tried to illegally dump that ash.

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
I feel bad for greninja, he literally wants nothing from the koopa family.
No matter how far away he tries to get from the koopa family, he always gets dragged back into this somehow.
I laughed when Corrin tried to illegally dump that ash.
I'm glad you found that part funny.
Oi! you have a loicense for dumping that...
whatever that is??
That is a horrid abomination that doesn't deserve to be called food, and no she does not have a license or permit.
And now for the next page! Wow okay it almost feels surreal getting up to this part.
LlUHl66.jpg

Author's notes:
*The Drilbur Lizzie was traveling with at the beginning is based on Indus from Epithet Erased. When I first caught Lizzie I was planning on naming her Indus, but then switched it to Mera from the same show because she was a girl. However Then I changed it to Lizzie after reading her summary as it said she was playful, and Lizzie sounded like a much more playful name. Also his second barrier failed because the more you use protect in a row, the greater chance it has at failing.

*Finally Lizzie is here. I swear I've been drawing her in the buffer since March. I almost feels surreal to finally introduce her. She's finally here to balance out the team a bit, as right now the team is leaning a bit too much towards the evil alignment. Now there's a light to get corrupted by encourage the best in them.

*Pokeballs can be disorienting for a pokemon entering them for the first time, especially for pokemon unfamiliar with cities and technology. Considering Lizzie has literally lived under a rock her whole life she was extra confused on what pokeballs are. Hopefully Lizzie not liking pokeballs won't come back to bite her.

Waweezer

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
No matter how far away he tries to get from the koopa family, he always gets dragged back into this somehow.
I'm glad you found that part funny.
That is a horrid abomination that doesn't deserve to be called food, and no she does not have a license or permit.
And now for the next page! Wow okay it almost feels surreal getting up to this part.
LlUHl66.jpg

Author's notes:
*The Drilbur Lizzie was traveling with at the beginning is based on Indus from Epithet Erased. When I first caught Lizzie I was planning on naming her Indus, but then switched it to Mera from the same show because she was a girl. However Then I changed it to Lizzie after reading her summary as it said she was playful, and Lizzie sounded like a much more playful name. Also his second barrier failed because the more you use protect in a row, the greater chance it has at failing.

*Finally Lizzie is here. I swear I've been drawing her in the buffer since March. I almost feels surreal to finally introduce her. She's finally here to balance out the team a bit, as right now the team is leaning a bit too much towards the evil alignment. Now there's a light to get corrupted by encourage the best in them.

*Pokeballs can be disorienting for a pokemon entering them for the first time, especially for pokemon unfamiliar with cities and technology. Considering Lizzie has literally lived under a rock her whole life she was extra confused on what pokeballs are. Hopefully Lizzie not liking pokeballs won't come back to bite her.
religion!? In my pokemans!? smh I can't believe this /s

tho I shouldn't be talking since my comic canonically has a poke-satan

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
Bowser accosting Greninja about the safety of the Pokémon world is hilarious. And omg Lizzie is so adorable I am so excited to see more of her and have her balance out the villains!!

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
religion!? In my pokemans!? smh I can't believe this /s

tho I shouldn't be talking since my comic canonically has a poke-satan
Religion in my pokemans comic? It's more likely than you think. If we aren't careful soon we're going to have lord Helix clashing with poke-satan, with Giratina being very confused but cheering it on anyway.
Bowser accosting Greninja about the safety of the Pokémon world is hilarious. And omg Lizzie is so adorable I am so excited to see more of her and have her balance out the villains!!
I am glad you like Lizzie. I have been drawing her in the buffer for about half a year now and I'm excited to show her quest to bring out the best in this group of villains to the world!
FDmCGG6.png

Author's notes:
*This page was the first page I colored digitally. At the time I was fed up with the limited colors of my pencils and thought that I ruined the pages that I had previously colored. Looking at them now they are no where near as bad as at the time I started coloring this page, but the extra choice in color is nice. I also had an accident with the magic wand tool and the line art...

*When I first made this page I estimated what page it would be and named it page 33. I was only 13 pages off...

Waweezer

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 22, 2020
Pokémon Type
  1. Ground
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
an explosion!? silly acottontail, that only happens after the 4th gym! /s

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
an explosion!? silly acottontail, that only happens after the 4th gym! /s
Bede's getting a leg up on his competition. How else is he going to beat the speed running world record and rub in what a "great" trainer he is in other people's faces?and get away from this madness.
detibvm-dd7dfebd-5467-466d-af6c-94bae809a23f.png

Author's notes:
*I may have forgotten to put in a panel where the Rockenrola told Lizzie that the Rockenrola were invading their home. I never put it in when I was making this page for buffer, and working on the text the day the page is posted is not the best idea... I was busy making other buffer pages... XD

*Some pokemon have jobs. I imagine pokemon lifestyles vary greatly from wild pokemon to living in a wild community to living just like a human would. Though unless it makes use of the pokemon's special skills they usually don't pay as well as human jobs due to the idea that pokemon don't need money because they can get food in the wild just fine. The Timburr that are among the workers mining, and the wild pokemon would probably get into conflict.

*That one Timburr is crying at the end because he's a bad singer. Not Lizzie bad, but still bad.

*Introducing the background background! I love it in comics when instead of a black background, they have something that matches the backgrounds of the rest of the page. Though since only place where the floor and ceiling are the same color are caves, I feel like these are some of the most elaborate background backgrounds I've drawn.

*I started uploading my pages to deviant instead of imgur starting with this page, so no more compression! In some of the old pages if you look closely at the text you can see JPEG decompression. Now to just upload 46 pages...
I also drew some art for Halloween. It's not cannon seeing that Sussie and Ava totally would have evolved before Halloween in story.
halloween_walk_2021_by_acottontail_dete3zj-fullview.png

Author's notes:
Happy Halloween everyone! I felt like Corrin Ava and Sussie were the most likely to go trick or treating together.

Sussie is definitely the most into cosplay. Just a week earlier she roped everyone into doing an Epithet Erased Cosplay. She chose to dress up as Undyne from Undertale since Undyne is awesome. I mean with that burning passion and the ability to super-flex two boulders at once. She made her own costume using materials laying around, and mugging thanks to Corrin and Ava's influence. She was extremely excited to make her own costume, and helped Corrin and Ava with theirs. She even dyed her hair. Mostly because she dressed up as Giovanni Pottage a week earlier, who also has red hair. She's getting maximum milage out of it before washing it out.

As much as Corrin has gone after Squirtle, she dressed up as one the Halloween before. Luckily she found another cute turtle pokemon, Torkoal. I mean it's a turtle and it has fire, perfect for her. Corrin didn't really care much for making the costume, she was just focused on the end product. And yes that is just an orange hat drawn all over in marker. And yes she did ductape a smoke machine onto her back. At some point during the night she would try to lure everyone into one of her evil pranks, only to realize how greatly outnumbered and outmatched she is and get sent blasting off again along side Sussie.

Ava is just in it for the candy and doesn't care too much about the costume at all. She just recycled the Epithet Erased costumes Sussie made for everyone a week ago. Which I was going to draw for halloween before this collab was announced. She is dressed up as one of Giovanni Pottage's boys. However Ava has a master plan to triple her output. She painted two purple balloons to look like Drifloon then put a leftover helmet on it so people think she is watching two kids. But in reality all proceeds are donated to the charity of Ava's stomach. She wouldn't even try stealing candy from anyone. There are a lot of pokemon and multiple eeveelutions and she rather not spill her candy. Only after Corrin got sent blasting off again, did Ava realize that Corrin was her ride home. Welp.

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
First of all Questionable Influence is now on comic fury!

From now on I'll be uploading half a page every week. My health has fallen off a cliff not been so great recently, and I feel like I need to put less pressure on myself. Oh sure I could have switched to uploading one page once every 2 weeks, but since my pages are usually bigger than 2 smaller sized pages I feel like I can still upload a decent amount of content with only half a page. That and I feel like it's easier to remember what happens in a comic when you check back on it once a week as opposed to 2 weeks. There's also the fact that many of the newer pages I make in full color tend to average 30+ panels long, so clearly that'll also make pages take longer to make than they used to. Though I'll only upload full pages on mirrors and archives so they won't get cluttered.

I made a new years resolution that I would finally stop being a procrastinator and upload a page every week this year. So I really don't like the idea of going on a full hiatus or getting burned out. I was originally going to switch to this format when the new year struck. It feels a bit awkward when this page was originally broken up into 3 parts, but things are a bit rough now.
2BusUpt.png

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
And now it's time for the full page:
deuc7t2-93e1f92c-774b-4251-93a2-fd2271abcd52.png

Author's Notes:
*Now you may be wondering why land pirates? Shouldn't Bede be here? Well since everyone and their dog who is making a gen 8 pokemon comic will show the Bede fight here, I figured I might as well do something different. Keeping anything of note that happened during the fight while replacing it with something much sillier.

*At this point I was still flip flopping between coloring styles. I got so excited to color some of the panels that I jumped right to coloring them. Then I decided to switch to digital, and well, you can't uncolor something. This page was made all the way back in March, so that's a thing.

*You do not know how long those land pirates waited on the ceiling just to make a dramatic entrance. They waited so long the guy's arm started falling asleep.

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
I lost track of time yesterday, whoops. Anyway here is the next half page.
1hWtLoD.png

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
Omg does Sussie have a Chao keychain?! That’s so awesome! And even better that she’s so proud of herself for stealing it like a true villain lol

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
Omg does Sussie have a Chao keychain?! That’s so awesome! And even better that she’s so proud of herself for stealing it like a true villain lol
Now I wish I made the key chain a Chao. It's of a slime from dragon quest. Still she's finally moving up in the villain world!
Since I signed up for a few secret santas I made refs of all of the characters! Here they are:
yuuya_reference_by_acottontail_dev1sqz-pre.jpg
ava_reference_by_acottontail_dev27vu-pre.jpg
sussie_ref_by_acottontail_dev28c3-pre.jpg
jay_ref_by_acottontail_dev28ib-pre.jpg
lizzie_ref_by_acottontail_dev28sx-pre.jpg
And now for the next page.
dev472u-051f3394-f53f-4049-8ca2-cb2420d703a1.png

Author's notes:
*So far Ava is the only pokemon who can really battle, and with all her attacks being normal type everything sort of falls apart. Hopefully the gym leader shouldn't cause this much trouble! *The fight is 5 pages long, and he still has 2 pokemon*. Everyone only had normal, fighting or water type moves at this point, which was kind of annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread