• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

Nuzlocke Post Your Graveyard.

Thread Description
Rest in peace, to all mons who never made it.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.

Billy the Butterfree, 5-19. He was just starting to be awesome when he died to a Trainer's Raticate in a rematch on Nugget Bridge when I was grinding for Misty.
Only death of that run...

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker and Nuzlocke Completionist
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu Lorelocke Graveyard

Using my lorelocke massive ruleset.

(Part of my hall of fame project in my signature if you want to check it out).
This graveyard consists both of classical Nuzlocke battle deaths and "loredeaths" (deaths directly inflicted by the lorelocke rules).

Aesop the Alolan Rattata lvl 12 Male

Aesop was the first death of the run. On the one hand I had high hopes for him. He had the "Mouse and the Lion" lorerule that canceled my Partner Pikachu's negative Familiar Spirit lorerule, and generally as I've seen in my Let's Go Eevee run Alolan Raticate can be surprisingly useful in Kanto being one of the rare dark types you can get. On the other hand I had another pokemon as a backup to cancel this lorerule if I needed, Serena my Magikarp, and as I already used Ciara my Alolan Raticate in my last run and I did want to try new pokemon, so I wasn't completely devastated when my rival's evil Eevee surprise Double Kicked my poor rat friend to death. I did have hopes that that the spirit of poor Aesop could be revived through my Venonat's Living Soul loreurle but that never came to be. Farewell my little rodent friend, much like in the fable you were based on, you were greater than you appeared.

Seoul the Growlithe lvl 17-18 Male

Named after the famous Korean capital city as it had the "Haetae, Fire of Justice" lorerule which is based on the legendary Korean beast that burned away anyone who was unjust. Seoul's death was the death of a dream - the dream to once and for all raise one of my favorite Fire pokemon out there and not kill it. I have no idea what it is with the Growlithe line but I never seem to get them in Nuzlockes, and when I finally do I tend to kill them right after I catch them. As usual, I pushed this little guy too far hoping to give it some early exp and it was killed by a Coach Trainer's Rattata critical hit. I should have been more careful, Coach Trainers are far more powerful than any trainer around them in these games. Rest in peace my little avenging puppy.

Mary the Haunter lvl 27-34 Female

Mary was the first pokemon I lost to a Loredeath, though technically she never died (well she is a Ghost, but that's not what I mean). She just left my team for good (which is practically the same when it comes to gameplay). You see Mary had the Restless Spirit rule which means she was once a pokemon who had a trainer and came back to life to finish some unfinished business. I randomized her background story and as the rule dictates and it turned out she was the spirit of a dead pokemon who was once owned by no other than Blaine and wouldn't leave my party until I would help it find its old master. And so Mary haunted me and my party and I had to use it even though I didn't really want to, but over this time I learned to like her and her little quirks. At last when we got to Blaine's gym (I rushed there as fast as I could for this reason, and other lorerule related reason) I had to check out 25% if Mary wants to leave me and stay with its old master and sadly that's what she decided to do. Goodbye Mary, at least I know you are alive (in a way) and happy with your old master. I hope the crazy yet kind old riddle man will take good care of you.

Kimekomi the Mr. Mime lvl 15-45 Male

The first really painful death of this run and one of the most painful ones over all. Some people don't like Mr. Mime, they think it is too much humanlike possibly due to the "Uncanny" humanoid effect. I never had any strong feelings about Mr. Mime and it was hardly my favorite Gen I psychic pokemon, but I always wanted to give it a chance. I did take one Mr. Mime all the way to the E4 before as I was out of useful pokemon, but now I had the first chance to use it early on and after it gained the Fairy typing, which really changed this old Jester for the better. Kimekomi had the Tsukumogami lorerule which as I randomized it's details turned out that it was an old toy owned by none other than the infamous Giovanni, who mistreated it so badly as a child that it has gained life and wanted revenge against its former owner. I even managed to give it that revenge as it helped destroy Giovanni in our first battle against it. Sadly though I couldn't give it more of that sweet vengeance as I lost it to a Beedrill owned by one of Koga's henchmen in this gym, really just a stupid mistake nothing more. At least I got you some closure my reanimated friend.

Malik the Nidoking lvl 17-44 Male

The Nidoran lines were always one of my favorite pokemon evolutionary families. Extremely versatile, well balanced stats, and really powerful early on. Malik was no different and ever since I got him he shined helping me crush Surge and many other trainers after him. It had the really problematic rule "Royal Ancestry" (hence his name which means King in Arabic) and I loved it so much I even spent my only Wish I got for a Chansey I luckily caught to make it lose this rule (something I highly regretted later on as I really needed that Wish). I lost him for a loredeath as a cursed Sazae-Oni Slowbro I caught killed it. Farewell your highness, your legacy will remain in the form of this sad little tale.

Yedoni the Kadabra lvl 23-30 Male

This is another loredeath, or rather a pokemon who left my team due to a lorerule. I added Yedoni late into my party still trying to refill the ranks after my last few deaths, and mainly hoping its "Mad Warlock" ruleset will allow me to revive my poor dead Malik who died from a lorerule and could therefore be resurrected. Sadly though the ritual required ingredients I didn't have (two Rare Candies as I used the ones I had at that point before) and therefore Yedoni decided I wasn't a worthy trainer and left me. Hope you found yourself another trainer (or died, I don't mind you darn traitor! Just kidding of course...).

Mandana the Nidoqueen lvl 41 Female

Manadana was a sad and unfortunate death. Most of this run things were overall going my way. I had a solid team with me, most of which stayed with me for most of the run, and a few sporadic losses I managed to replace. But after both Kimekomi and Mailk died I just couldn't find any pokemon I could use that would fill the void they left. I took Mandana which I caught in her final form, and tried to grind her up a bit to get her to the levels of the rest of my team. The problem was though that this run was a "no exp-catches" run of Let's Go which means I had no form of grinding other than fighting the few trainers I had left to fight. And so I sent her to a few battles where she really rocked until she faced an Ace Trainer's Omastar. Because of her Karkadann lorerule I wasn't allowed to switch her out on the first turn and so she died to a Hydro Pump. I'm sorry Mandana, I guess it wasn't meant to be. May you join Malik in pokemon Valhalla.

Sumatra the Vileplume lvl 39-41 Female

Sumatra had almost the same story as Mandana. I added her late to the team as I had no choice. She had loads of potential but no way to grind up. And sadly at least she died to an Ace Trainer's Golem, though unlike in Mandana's case this one was totally my fault as I pushed her too hard as I was sure she was able to take it down before it will do so to her. I'm sorry my very smelly friend (the poor thing had the Corpse Flower lorerule), I loved you despite your odor. May your decomposed body feed others in the circle of life and death.

Fafnir the Aerodactyl lvl 44-50 Male

Fafnir wasn't my favorite pokemon in my team. Aerodactyls are powerful beasts but are more fragile than they seem and have quite a few problematic weaknesses. Still he lived up to his Dragon Ancestry lorerule and was a mighty predator I was planning on taking with me to the E4. And then I entered the bane of almost all of my nuzlockes - the infamous Victory Road. Again, with a lack of proper grinding possibilities I had to give every pokemon time in the battlefield, and Fafnir was no different. I faced a mighty Ace Trainer's Venusaur. I sent Fanfir to fly up and kill it, and then it stored a Solar Beam and I knew I was in trouble. I hit it, and it survived on a few HP points and then shot that mighty beam at me and killed poor Fafnir. I was in total shock, and only later realized Solar Beam's power was increased in the Let's Go games from 120 to... 200! So I'm sorry Fafnir, I'm not sure if I should blame myself or not on this one, but I can't change the facts I brought you to your death. I'll bury your bones in the halls of the greatest dragons of old.

Diana the Tangela lvl 37-48 Female

Diana joined my team for two reasons - A) I didn't have a lot of choices at that point for pokemon which were in relevant levels. B) I never got to take Tangela to the E4 and really wanted to try it once. Diana was really fragile to Special attacks but quite bulky against Physical ones and using Mega Drain, a few powder moves and Poison attacks she turned out to be much more powerful than I had anticipated. I also lost her to the devil's road known as Victory Road to an Ace Trainer's Wigglytuff who used Dazzling Gleam. No crit, no nothing, just like that. I'm not sure what I was thinking but I was clearly to blame for this death. You were greatly missed in the E4 and I wish I would have been more careful.

Ulu the Alolan Sandslash lvl 27-60 Male

And now we get to the E4 deaths. The most painful death of this run without a doubt. Ulu together with Link my Partner Pokemon and Serena my Gyarados were my three deadly trio, and his lost was a great tragedy. True, he had the Living Igloo ruleset that forced me to start every battle with Mirror Coat, but to my surprise that wasn't such a bad thing and sometimes even turned out to be useful. You were my go-to guy, both my shield and my sword, a tank and a powerful physical attacker. I'll talk more about you in my Hall of Fame as this is where you shined and lost your life but I'll just mention you died to terrible luck from Agatha's final Gengar after you killed almost her entire team yourself. I remember thinking "well, this battle is done, just don't get a crit", and then the damn ghost got a Critical Hit Shadow Ball and took you down. My awesome friend, you showed me how unique and powerful your Alolan kind are, and you will forever be one of my champions.

Spike the Kabutops lvl 44-46 Male

Kabutops are really cool pokemon, sadly Spike didn't have the chance to show his worth in my team and was honestly just a filler pokemon as I had no other options before the E4. He died trying to avenge Ulu's death as I wanted to give him some time in battle, but he left that damn Gengar in 1-2 HP and then died to a Shadowball. Not much more to say, you were the final death of this run and hi, at least you got to be on my Hall of Fame.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.

Ivana the Zubat, 2-16. I was determined to use the Zubat line in this run, and she was doing well until those two beauties bitches on Route 37 killed her by double-teaming her with a Wigglytuff and Clefable.

Steve the Raticate, 5-21. My last run showed me how strong Raticate can be, so I was determined to take him as far as I could. He was doing amazingly until he died on Route 39 against a wild Raticate while grinding for Morty. I should have just fought Morty anyway, since I caught another Raticate right after and he made him a joke...

Roy the Nidoking, 12-30. I was SO excited to find him on Route 35; I was sure he'd be awesome, and he was. I finally got a Moon Stone right before clearing the Radio Tower, and was so pumped to have such a badass on my team. Unfortunately, the asshole rival's Meganium decided to kill him in the Goldenrod Underground...luckily a few runs later his "brother" got to run rampant over the whole region and all of Kanto.

Cassandra the Ampharos, 15-33. Just like Roy, I was so happy to find her on Route 43-Ampharos is a personal favorite, and I needed an Electric-type badly. She was awesome for the short time I had her, and I was sure she would go all the way, but that stupid Meganium killed her too.

Harry the Pidgeotto, 14-30. Was restoring my faith in the Pidgey line (I've always thought Spearow was better), but also died against that damned Meganium. It took my Hypno to finally put it down.

Needless to say, that thing is on my shit list for life. I'll never use one again (luckily the other two starters are both top 20 favorites). God that Gyarados +6 Ice Fang revenge at Victory Road felt so good...

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry

Krysta the Shinx, 4-14. One of my favorite Gen 4 Pokémon, and was just about to evolve when she died to the Murkrow I was trying to catch in Eterna Forest. Ironically, Raven the Honchkrow ended up being a total sis who more than made up for it.

April the Kricketune, 4-17. Was such a pain to train until she evolved, but then she was awesome. Gardenia's Roserade killed her.

Heather the Geodude, 8-20. A total sis once her moveset turned strong. I thought I would take her all the way, but she died in Hearthome City, against the rival's Monferno.

Rachel the Pikachu, 18-30. This one also makes me sad. Despite her fragility, she was a total sis. She helped destroy Pastoria Gym, and I was looking forward to taking her all the way. The double battle on the foggy part of Route 210 (Gyarados and Raichu) took her from me.

Jon the Mr. Mime, 16-39. I've really never liked the mime, and I didn't plan to use him, but gave him a chance after asking for advice. Spent a ton of time grinding him, so he didn't see a lot of in-game action, but when he caught up and got to fight he was doing well. Lost him to a Lopunny on Route 216.

Josh the Rapidash, 23-47. I found him at a point when I needed a Fire-type, and he did more than I could have asked of him. He avenged Rachel's demise and demolished Candice, and I was sure I'd take him all the way. But a Machoke in Victory Road had other plans, and one crit Cross Chop took him down.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This run had a rule where I had to use my 'mons in the order I caught them.

Chester the Patrat, 5-6. Not much to say about him since he didn't make it out of Route 2.

Dylan the Pansage, 10-19. Helped take down Striaton Gym, and was doing well, until he died to one of the dancers in Castelia City. I should have evolved him when I got a Leaf Stone, but I wanted to wait until his moveset improved...

Emily the Unfezant, 8-33. This one hurt-despite her mediocre movepool, she was a total sis, especially since she'd just evolved. The last trainer in Celestial Tower took her from me thanks to some awful confusion hax.

Henry the Leavanny, 15-35. Never thought I'd use him, but he turned out to be a solid bro. Lost him to a Battle Girl's Throh in Twist Mountain, but he saved the rest of my team in the process.

Britney the Stoutland, 3-52. One of my saddest losses ever. She was the first catch, and went all the way from Route 1 to the E4. She helped me so much, taking out Elesa and Skyla thanks to an amazing movepool. I thought we'd go all the way without losing anyone else, but Shauntal's Chandelure stole her from me.

PageEmperor

The most sinister, satanic Slowking you'll see.
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Now has an avatar to commemorate the release of Crown Tundra. What? It is a Galarian Slowking! It's still an evil Slowking rite? RITE!?
Babbie the Rookidee (Shield)
Ooh, boy, this must be the first ever gen8 death. Died while catching my Yamper. I was like, early game Electric mons almost never get Elecric STAB until later so I thought I would be safe. Jk, it had Nuzzle, and Rookidee dies.

Partot the Rookidee (Sword)
Died in the Wild area, against a Delibird. I was not paying attention to the fact it was higher levelled since it was just a Delibird, and then it kills my 2nd chance at owning a bird. Guess the game doesn’t want me to own a Corviknight.

Torecco the Wingull (Sword)
Another death to the Wild area, this time while catching my Stufful, who got a high roll on it’s 2nd attack. Poor Wingull couldn’t even make it past 3 areas from when he was caught.
To add to that...
Peste the Pancham (Shield)
Died to the grass leader’s ace.

Ringer the Grubbin (Sheild)
Sacrificed against the grass leader to heal my Noibat and win.

Snorkler the Chinchou (Sword)
Died to a Solosis.

A.S. the Barboach (Sword)
Died to a Ponyta. Lesson learnt: ALWAYS bring Drifblim when facing off this guy.

Blaster the Meowstick (Sword)
Hoo boy, easily the saddest death so far. Died to a Sudowoodo that just fucking had to have Sucker punch. And worst of all, I had a Bewear in my party that I could’ve used right there and wall both Sucker punch and Rock STAB. But then again, I only needed someone to finish it off as it just injured the mon I was using against it originally.

Mogu Mogu

Derp
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 4, 2019
This run was the second leg in a Generation Nuzlocke that I've been doing.

Kendra 2 (Pidgeotto) 1-18

Boom Box (Loudred) 6-20

Ghoul 2 (Gastly) 1-20

Maka (Hariyama) 9-32

Ann 2 (Arcanine) 1-43

Cameron (Camerupt) 15-44

ELITE 4/CHAMPION DEATHS

Cotton (Altaria) 17-59

Fell at Sydney to a crit something-or-other

Zeus 2 (Electrode) 1-58

Died to a crit surf from Wallace's Milotic after Thunder didn't kill

Juliet (Ludicolo) 4-59

Died to Wallace's Gyrados. Got off two dragon dances while I Giga Drained and killed with a Hyper Beam

Onion 2 (Venusaur) 1-60

Died to a crit Hyper Beam after missing a Razor Leaf that would have killed the Gyarados

My entire Fire Red team died (Eevee got boxed early in the run) and all that gets carried over to Platinum is my Swampert and Grumpig who did nothing in the elite 4 or champion battle and who's only purpose was so that I would have a full team. Cool, thanks Wallace for murdering my team. Would have been fun to run through Platinum with a Bulbasaur

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This was the first run I ever documented.

Frank the Sewaddle, 2-17. I hoped he could avenge the Leavanny I lost on my run of White, but the poor guy didn't even get to evolve-he got cut short by a Roggenrola in Castelia Tunnel.

:
Ted the Darumaka, 14-31. Eh, not a lot to say here-one of my two least favorite lines from Gen 5. I thought I'd give him a shot and see if he'd change my mind, but he was pretty crap. He died to an Axew's Dragon Claw in Mistralton Cave. Won't ever use one again-it wasn't worth it.

Ashley the Sandslash, 19-62. I was so happy when I found her because I needed a counter for Elesa. She did an amazing job-soloing Elesa, taking out Clay's Excadrill, and helping against Colress and Ghetsis. I wasn't sure she would fight much in the E5, but I felt like I owed her a slot after all she'd done. It looked like we would make it to Iris with no casualties, but the very last Pokémon of the E4-Shauntal's Chandelure-wouldn't let that happen. I sent in my Crobat since my Zoroark was hurt, but when it nearly killed him, I thought I had no choice but to sacrifice someone to heal Zoroark so he could take it down. And she was the only real option-I thought I would need my others more for Iris.
There's no words that can describe the feeling...especially since I later found out it was all unnecessary-if I just would've sent Zoroark in first, he would've taken it out no problem...
He still avenged her, but...

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry

Samantha the Mankey, 3-10. Poor girl was shaping up to be a heck of a fighter, even though I didn't need her for Brock (picked Squirtle). She fell to an inconvenient crit on Route 3, but I think she haunted me-I caught another Mankey on Route 4, who's female, level 10, and even has the same nature.

Gina the Weepinbell, 13-26. First 'mon I've ever lost to Selfdestruct, the Team Rocket grunt with the Lift Key blew up his Koffing on her, and she had no chance. I was really looking to see how far I could take her, even though she couldn't evolve for a while (until she got better moves). Maybe I should've went ahead and evolved her...

Donna the Rhydon, 26-51. A late-game addition who became one of the strongest members of my team. She saved my Blastoise from having to learn Strength, and was just a powerhouse throughout. I thought Dig would be enough against Bruno's stronger Onix, but it was packing Earthquake...
If I would've given her EQ myself, she'd have made it...

Exoskellet

Novice bone collector
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 29, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Likes skeletons
Oh by here we go
Most of these are old and from memorie , let's go
My first Nuzlocke run on the game I know the best

-Spinax the Poochyena : First nuzlocke death ever , dead during grinding
-/A/ The zigzagoon : Got resurected as a shuppet in the lore , but still dead in the game
-Don Cena the Machoke : Dead against Archie's sharpedo

Overall this run wasn't dead heavy , I boxed most of the useless pokemon befre they got killed anyway

Second nuzlocke on pokemon Y
-Justine the Dunsprace : Really upsetting , she died to another Dunsprace
-Rathaniel the charizard : Dead in the Ice caves in a double battle , woopsies
-Valentin Gonzales the Chesnaught : Dead against final Lysandre , not funny didn't laugh

I probably forgot about a lot of the dead during this run , it has been 4 years after all

I've never played Pokemon platinum before that , I hated it
-Elisa the Starly : Died against a kricketot's bide , I had to sacrifice someone
-Thor the Bidoof : I hate mars
-Gaia the Geodude : I tough sturdy worked like in 5g , but it didn't
-Uriel the Zubat : Died in the same fight , double battle are wild
-Zipi the Pachirisu : I forgot how it died , but it did
-Julien the ponyta : I'm not actually sure it died , but I don't remember getting a rapidash , so I guess it died , I just remember having an houndour on my team
-Mamoru the Roselia : Died to a gyriados , it was my favorite team member ffs
-A toxicroak : It was my favorite but I can't seem to remember its name , I remember farming shard to get it to learn thunder punch , wich destroyed the water gym (where Mamoru died)(I also grinded up to level 40 , wich was way too much) . It died against Cyrus Gyriados's earthquake , I hate this pokemon , it got replaced by Giratina

Overall a verry bloody run , but it was blind afterall , no internet allowed

I have several BW nuzlocke , I heavely referenced one but I don't have the notes atm so it will be for another time

PageEmperor

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Now has an avatar to commemorate the release of Crown Tundra. What? It is a Galarian Slowking! It's still an evil Slowking rite? RITE!?
My AlphaSaph run is finally over, but before we hail the winners, let’s take a look at the ones who have attempted but failed...

Shanon the Manectric
Died against a Girafarig. It went like this, Girafarig used Psybeam, Manectric got confused and hit itself, Girafarig used Zen headbutt and deals tons of damage to the red zone, Manectric hits itself and dies.

Claude the Skarmory
Died while grinding against a trainer rematch’s Medicham. It lived Fly on a sliver of health, and destroyed him with Reversal.

LincolnLoud the Bellossom
Was murdered by Zinia’s Salamence, in the first battle against her. I only even had Bellossom out to put it to sleep so that it won’t land a threatening coverage move on my guys. Salamence used Fire fang, it thankfully only does 1/3rd damage... and Bellossom flinches. And then he takes a the 2nd Fire fang and it crits and Bellossom dies. I then summoned Rhyperior who then tanked whatever the dragon threw at her and kills it with Rock slide. So overall, yay, we end things off with a hax death that didn’t really need to happen, the game must be punishing me for barely getting critted at all during this run. At least he got replaced by Fries the Haxorus, whom helped me sweep the champion.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This was the first run I documented that I'm really pleased with.

Betty the Staravia, 2-19. Was she as awesome as the shiny Staraptor from my Diamond run? No, but once she got going she was doing well. Anything with Intimidate's always nice; it's just too bad it couldn't save her from a crit Night Slash from Jupiter's Skuntank.

Daisy the Psyduck, 6-24. She was much better than one would think a Psyduck would be, and should not have went out the way she did. Fantina's gym's male Ace Trainer's Haunter took her away with Curse & Confuse Ray.
But I wouldn't have lost her if the thing didn't have Shadow Ball (it's not even supposed to be a Haunter yet, much less have that). I couldn't risk my Luxio against it since I needed her for Fantina, but I thought she'd be able to take it down when she Disabled Shadow Ball. But it still had Mean Look and Curse...

Rose the Shellos, 10-28. Just when she got caught up with my team, she got Horn Drilled by a Rhyhorn in one of her first real battles. I was more annoyed than sad, to be honest.

James the Rotom, 20-31. This one I am sad about. He'd finally learned a non-Electric move, and even though I had no access to his other forms he was still kicking butt. On the way down Route 212, we cleared out the trainers, and he was at about half health at the end. So I went to make a catch, only to be assaulted by a ton of dupe Roselias. One took him out with a crit Magical Leaf, and I proceeded to rage and have my Monferno incinerate about a dozen more Roselias in revenge.

Russell the Pelipper, 25-36. My Water-types seemed to be cursed in this game...and this one hurt more because he soloed Maylene for me. We'd just gotten Surf, and were exploring the routes south of Sandgem when I lost him to a collector's Togetic. Since when do those things learn Ancientpower? It was made even worse because I had to use his corpse to Surf back to the mainland...

Everything went pretty smoothly from there, until I made it to the E5:

Michelle the Luxray, 3-59. The most painful loss of all. My second catch, and one of the run MVPs until the end. I was sad at first, because she didn't have Intimidate, but ironically enough, if she did, I might not have made it past Fantina. I was so sure we'd make it to the end...fuck Lucian and his Alakazam. I should've had her keep the Dread Plate...

Edwina the Quagsire, 26-59. I would never have used her if I hadn't documented this run...but the readers suggested her (since she had an Adamant nature), so I did, and she turned out to be awesome. Why did Cynthia get a Togepi, and why did it get another evolution in Gen 4? I hate that line so much. (she died from Air Slash)

Douglas the Steelix, 6-59. I wanted a Geodude, but I found this guy instead. I thought he'd be inferior to the boulder, but he turned out to be so much better, even before he evolved. He almost never missed an attack, and between Rock Smash and Screech, he was a solid fighter. Then he evolved, and turned vicious. He took out all of the last three gym leaders' aces, and helped my Porygon stall Giratina until I caught it.
I sent him in against Garchomp because I needed to heal said Porygon-Z in order to take it out, and I thought he could stall it out of Flamethrower/EQ. And he would've, but one had to crit...

PageEmperor

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Like I had mentioned earlier, Rookidee/Wingull/Chinchou/Barboach/Meowstic and nothing more than those! Yep, literally never had a death after Meowstic’s and I’m almost done. Hopefully this will keep up...

But Shield on the other hand...
Rookidee
Died while catching my Yamper, it was beyond my knowing that it already had an Electric attack.

Pancham and Grubbin
Both fell to the grass leader.

Seaking
Died to the Ghost leader although it was half my fault.

Unfezant
Died to a crit Sludge fromthe Fair leader’s Weezing.

Crawdaunt
Punched to death by a Lucario in a double battle, that my Intelleon failed to one shot.

Heliolisk
Okay, this HAS to be the saddest death of the whole run. The sole cause of his death as well as the following 2 were solely because of the fact I came in doing a half blind run not knowing about most of the new mons. A Grapploct killed him, because 1. I never would have guessed it had Limber as an ability, 2. Neither would I have guessed it had a TRAPPING MOVE 3. It of course landed a crit.

Maractus
Against the same Grapploct, died to a crit Superpower

Toxicroak
Died to ANOTHER crit Superpower from the Grapploct. I know I barely got any crits in this run beforehand, but why?

Butterfree
Died in the Dragon gym to the Duraludon, who somehow packed a Rock move.

G-Rapidash
Yep, my favourite gen8 mon died in the Dragon gym as well. Was nobly sacrificed to the same Duraludon so I could heal.

Throh
Died to SHEER COLD from a Beartic that I challenged for ‘grinding’.

Bronzong
Died to a Grimmsnarl. Yeah, I put him on the team to counter a certain type, and a mon of that type is what set it in.

Yeah, as you can see, my Sword run is extremely fun and my Sword run is extremely not fun. Which is funny because so far as versions I’m preferring Shield.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This run ran into Kanto, but I stopped after Blue because there was no way to grind for Red.

Sandy the Hoothoot, 3-11. First catch of the run, and I was really hoping to take her far. Unfortunately, Anthony's Machop had other plans.

James the Gastly, 3-17. Despite having no good moves, he had a ton of potential, and after using a Gengar in Diamond, I was looking forward to having one here. But there was no way I could save him from a wild Raticate with Pursuit (if I'd have left him in, it would've used Bite).

Cindy the Slowpoke, 6-28. She was the weakest of the team for a long time, but once I got Surf she was doing a lot better, and I intended for her to by my counter for Chuck. But I wasn't sure what to evolve her into, and went straight to the gym rather than evolve her (even though I could've made her a Slowking, since I had trade/King's Rock access). She ended up falling to Chuck's Poliwrath.

Penelope the Raticate, 2-33. This one HURT. I usually box my Raticates around the fourth gym, but I was really hoping to take her farther, even all the way if I could. We'd cleared out the Radio Tower, and were on the way to Blackthorn, when I fought a trainer with a Rhyhorn. I thought she could take it out with Rock Smash, and she actually would have if it wouldn't have gotten two crits in a 5-hit Rock Blast. What are the chances of that happening, especially considering that she would've survived if not for the second crit?

Edward the Magneton, 16-39. I was so happy when I caught this one, because the line have become some of my favorite Pokémon thanks to Nuzlocking. And he had a Quiet nature to boot, making him even more awesome. I thought Thundershock would be enough to OHKO Clair's Gyarados, but it wasn't, and she switched it out for a Fire Blasting Dragonair. If I would've just grinded him one more level, he would've had Discharge, and would have survived...

Skylar the Mantine, 19-47. I wasn't expecting to use her, but after I lost Penelope she was the suggested option, so I gave her a try. And I was pleasantly surprised-I've never used one before, but she was pretty solid. I was hoping to take her into Kanto, but...Lance happened.
My Nidoking had just taken out one of his Dragonites, but was down to 18 HP. With another Dragonite coming in, I had to switch him out, and she was my best option. But I had no way to know which one it was...and of course it was the Thunder one.

Alan900900900

Lurker extraordinaire
Globetrotter
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is a master of having too many projects at the same time. Also, Pikablu.
I'm back again with another UCL graveyard, this time for my Pearl run. Another run with lotsa death.

Tina the Buizel (7-25):
One of my first catches for this run, and she did well enough... up until we went into the Ruin Maniac's tunnel (for no real reason). In there I encountered a Geodude while leading with my Ponyta (I believe), so I switched into Tina for an easy Aqua Jet kill... and then Geodude blew up, taking her with it. That was dumb, I'm sorry. I should have just fled.

Smith the Remoraid (15-23):
This one was just bullshit. I came upon a PI on Route 214 who sent out a level 23 Goldeen. Figuring Goldeen are relatively weak (beacuse I was training one myself at the time), I sent out Smith in order to give him some much needed experience, seeing as I'd caught him not too long ago and he was the lowest level in the team. And then Goldeen used Horn Drill, which it cannot learn by that level, and Smith died instantly. Worst part is that if it had been literally anyone else fighting, that literally couldn't have happened, as everybody else was higher level. An absolute shame.

Barb the Psyduck (5-29):
After Smith died, I put Barb, who I'd boxed due to already having used a Golduck on the prior Gold run, back on the team, realizing that she'd surely come in handy for the Fighting type gym. She did pretty well and nearly swept through all the trainers, until I made the mistake of thinking that Revenge worked like Retaliate, when it instead hits harder if the attacking Pokemon gets hit before landing Revenge. If I'd been just a bit more knowledgeable...

Olive the Ponyta (13-30):
Another bullshit death, courtesy of crithax. I went into Route 210 without having picked up Defog beforehand, and so I stumbled into a Ninja Kid who sent out his Golbat. I thought Olive could surely take it... and then she took a crit Wing Attack, downing her for good. Since Ponyta was one of the two Fire types I could catch in Sinnoh, I had to replace her with another Ponyta almost instantly, but that didn't make it hurt any less.

Zachary the Goldeen (20-30):
The aforementioned Goldeen I was attempting to train. At one point through Route 210 I had to get through a double battle featuring a Gyarados and Raichu, a combo which was not very favourable for my team. I sent out Caleb, my Monferno, since I figured Gyarados wouldn't have Water or Flying moves, and Zachary because he was the most expendable. He got hit by a Thunderbolt from Raichu, died, and only then did I realize I had a perfectly good Quagsire standing in the sidelines. Ultimately a preventable loss, and it was all my fault.

Klaus the Seaking (17-40):
I caught this guy not long after Zachary's death, and then proceeded to go deathless for a while. When I got to the Snowpoint Gym, I was able to take out most of the trainers easily with my Fire types, until one with a Floatzel showed up. I sent out Klaus, but he immediately got frozen by an Ice Fang to the face. I thought it was no big deal, that I'd get him thawed out eventually... and then Floatzel proceeded to land a crit Crunch, murdering Klaus. Yep, crithax strikes again. If it's any consolation, I doubt anybody else on the team could have survived that combo either.

Cindy the Quagsire (18-40):
This one really hurt, both due to the time she'd been part of the team and the complete bullcrap that resulted in her death. Shortly after Klaus' death, we were facing off with Candice. Snover and Abomasnow were easy to take out, but they'd set up hail with their abilities. Candice sends her Medicham, and I switch to Cindy. It stalls for a few turns, causing chip damage for the both of us, and just as I'm convinced I'm hitting it with Surf for the killing blow, it outspeeds with Ice Punch, hits a crit, and freezes her, only to leave her at 2 HP for the hail to finish her off. Extraordinary amounts of bullshit here. I'm so sorry.

Diana the Bibarel (2-43):
Another dumb mistake on my part, and one which particularly hurt, seeing as she was my first catch of the game. I was getting through Mt. Coronet to stop Team Galactic for the final time, when I stumbled into a wild Medicham. I was leading with Diana, and somehow thought that she'd be fine. She was not, indeed, fine, as Medicham hit her with a devastating Hi Jump Kick. Shame on me.

Thompson the Octillery (21-48):
Coming in to replace Diana after her tragic death (and after the Team Galactic ordeal was over), this poor guy didn't last long. I'd caught him while heading to Sunyshore, got him all trained up, and then we went to the gym. Things went well, until Volkner sent out his own Octillery. I replied with Thompson, and it didn't really take long until things got hairy. I'd thought its Charge Beam was a charge up move, not unlike Solar Beam, but evidently I was wrong, and Thompson got instantly fried to bits as soon as the beam hit. My lack of move knowledge trumps me once more... You didn't deserve this, Thompson.

Beretta the Octillery (19-62):
Yep, apparently I can't keep an Octillery alive to save my life. I trained this one up for the Pokemon League, and while she didn't get used much due to other team members doing the job better, I thought for sure she'd have a moment of glory against Cynthia's Milotic with her Charge Beam (the TM we got from Volkner). She hit it once, scoring a special attack boost, but then Milotic used Mirror Coat, and Beretta's fate was clear. She hit that second Charge Beam, leaving it one hit away from death, but then it's Mirror Coat destroyed poor Beretta. Thankfully she was my only League death, but she'll be remembered fondly despite not having a lot of time in the team.

PageEmperor

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Kneemoe the Exeggcute
Got scrambled by Cherem’s Vanillish. The mon I had before switching to the eggs was not weak to Ice so I had no idea it would be using an Ice move

CafeLatte the Lumineon
Died while catching Lindara the Armaldo. Speaking of which...

Lindara the moveset confused Armaldo
Died to a wild Gliscor.
Murtle the Gastly
Died to a trainer’s overlevelled Mew.

Yeah, only 1 death so far while I’m at 2 and a half badges.
Mudman the Bunnelby
Fell to the Furfrou double battle. Why I didn’t risk it with the stronger guys, I was worried they would get boned when teamed up against.

Coke the Kirlia
Was hit by Pursuit by a grunt’s Croagunk

Rockstar the Golett
Died to a wild Golett a few levels lower who could somehow outspeed it and it got a crit.

Lemon the Shedinja
Was up against one of those age confused tourists in route 9 and she swapped out whatever was in front for a Dunsparce. As I tried to switch, Dunsparce used Pursuit.

Sheno the Ninjask
Had to be sacrificed to a trainer’s Sigilyph so that I could get a clean switch in and he was probably the least useful thing on my team.

Lesson learnt: ALWAYS bring Sandile when attempting to face off against a threatening Psychic trainer.
Spag the Beedrill
Died to a Coach’s Meowth outside Mt. Moon. I don’t know what I was thinking when I decided to battle him.

Filah the Pidgeotto
Died against the rival on the boat, forgot to which of his mons.

Squeeki the Pidgeotto
Sacrificed in order to get past the Electric leader.

Pidge the Pidgeotto
Died in the Dark cave, forgot to what.

FOX.exe the Ninetales
Got killed by an Electabuzz’s Thunderpunch in the Fighting dojo.

Beef the Jigglypuff
Was stabbed by a trainer’s Rhyhorn on Route 8.

Jayla the Slowpoke
Was murdered by a Bird keeper’s Dodrio in Route 18. I don’t know, I just thought she could handle it...

Hydro the Hitmonlee
Died to the 2nd Snorlax. Yeah, a mon I raised him to counter and he dies against it. He did fine against the first one, I guess this one somehow had better IVs or something.

FINLAND!!! the Staryu
Was obliterated by a Vaporeon from a random trainer on the route next to the poison gym. I know I said Pinsir earlier on but I looked up the trainers and Pinsir is only used on the following route. Guess I thought Pinsir because if I ever documented this run I would have made his death how a wild Pinsir got jealous that it didn’t get caught and kills Staryu.

Bus the Onix
Fell to a Mime in the Psychic gym. This wouldn’t have happened if Iron tail hit it...

Zogas the Wigglytuff
Died to a Nidoking in the Ground gym. I used Dig thinking it would one shot it but then it bodies Zogas with Earthquake.

Taxi the Rapidash
Died to the same Nidoking, I thought Drill run would one shot as long as it hit. It hit, but didn’t one shot, Nidoking murders my mode of transport with another Earthquake.

Dude the Lickitung
Died during the Ghost E4. Lickitung was mostly out in the first place to stall out the Gengar as I tried to heal or deal chip damage, then Gengar got a high roll with Sludge bomb
Babbie the Rookidee
Ooooh boy, died while catching my Yamper. I was like, early game Electric mons almost never get Elecric STAB until later so I thought I would be safe. Jk, it had Nuzzle, and Rookidee dies.

Pester the Pancham
Killed by the Grass leader by something or another I can’t really remember.

Ringer the Grubbin
Sacrificed to the Grass leader so I could heal my team members.

Laurelle the Seaking
Died to the Ghost leader because I wasn’t paying attention.

Streamline the Unfezant
Was killed by the Fairy leader’s Weezing, who bodied him with a crit Sludge.

Powell the Crawdaunt
Murdered by a Lucario in a double battle. This wouldn’t have happened if my Intelleon one-shot it...

Jese the Heliolisk
Literally a case where this and the next 2 deaths are cause SOLELY because this is half blind and my lack of knowledge over mons that had only been out for a single month.
Died to a Grapploct, because 1. I never would have guessed it had Limber as an ability, 2. Neither would I have guessed it had a TRAPPING MOVE 3. It of course landed a crit.
I would do ANYTHING to have saved him, but since I never would have guessed the thing had a god fucking trapping move, there was nothing I could do.

Kakuyagi the Maractus
Also died to that Grapploct via crit.

Ramba the Toxicroak
Also died to that Grapploct via crit. I know I didn’t get critted a lot in this run, but why?

Monarchibal the Butterfree
Fell against the Dragon leader, against the Duraludon to a Rock move. It’s a shame, he was the reason why the other 3 mons were a cakewalk.

Lucaz the Rapidash
Yep, my favourite gen8 mon died in the Dragon gym as well. Was nobly sacrificed to the same Duraludon so I could heal.

Alexio the Throh
Died to SHEER COLD from a Beartic that I challenged for ‘grinding’.

MettleBottle the Bronzong
Died to a Grimmsnarl. Yeah, I put him on the team to counter a certain type, and a mon of that type is what set it in.
This run has a thing against my defensive mons. Huh.

Cobalt the Excadrill
For how long he’s been with the team, this death was honestly kind of depressing. Sacrificed to the Water leader’s rematch.

Dawie the Gallade
Fell to COUNTER from a Suddowoodo. I only just wanted to grind him...

Wade the Weezing
Sacrificed to the champion so I could heal someone and wreck him. Born as a sacrifice, died as a sacrifice.

Last edited:

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry

Paula the Kricketune, 4-23. Forced sacrifice against Fantina's Mismagius so I could heal my Crobat. I was really hoping to try to take her all the way since my last Kricketune (also in Platinum) made it past Candice before getting retired, but I didn't have a choice...

Jeanine the Roselia, 4-26. Stupid Horn Drilling Goldeen south of Veilstone...although to be honest, it's hard to be sad about this one since she never really did anything, although she did beat Gardenia's Roserade while still a Budew and five levels lower.

Simone the Crobat, 3-28. That asshole Goldeen can go to hell. She was run MVP until that happened-ironically, I didn't even want her at first, but then she ended up saved the team from that Skuntank and Fantina's Mismagius. I was so gutted when that second Horn Drill connected...

Things went pretty smoothly for a while after that, at least until Volkner...

Brian the Gallade, 17-48, and James the Rotom, 20-48. Both died to Volkner's Luxray-it nearly killed my Gliscor with Ice Fang, so I had to switch. I thought Brian would be okay, but it destroyed him, then I basically had to sacrifice James to heal my Gliscor for the rest of the fight.
It sucked, especially since if I'd have given Gliscor Earthquake beforehand, it never would've happened...but I thought Dig would be enough...

Liam the Golduck, 7-51. This one killed me-Liam was one of my original six, and he'd made it all the way to Victory Road despite struggling so hard as a Psyduck. I really thought he would go all the way...but then I got locked into a Double Battle with a Staraptor. Staraptors were the bane of my team after I lost James, so when this battle happened, I was totally screwed...

PageEmperor

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Mough the Pikachu Careful, Lvl 9-10
She wouldn't have lasted too long on the team itself with that nature but I was hopng to make the best out of her. Died to a trainer's Koffing inside the cave, who got a crit Smog that left her at 1 HP, and it poisoned.

Datvunerij the Togepi Jolly, Lvl 5
Sacrificed to a trainer's Abra that had actual attacks because the rest of my team couldn't handle that.

Nutz the Mankey Bold, Lvl 9-18
Fell to a Magmar some time after the first gym. I really really wish he didn't have a shit nature but at least he managed to be ompetent with Karate chop. Unfortunately with my lack of counters for Fire mons back then he never stood a chance.

Boog the Vikavolt Calm, Lvl 5-26
Oh boy, Boog might be the saddest death so far. He was my first catch and he was also a massive powerhouse as well. Killed by an Espeon, forgot what it used, I just sped up thinking it would be an easy win.

Fistlord the Riolu Brave, Lvl 5-40
Died to a Toxicroak's Counter. I don't exactly get how Earthquake could activate Counter either.

Mr. Barkle the Manectric Sassy, Lvl 21-46
Was obliterated by a Rotom during a double battle. I didn't pay attention to what move or how it all happened other than the fact Mr. Barkle came out of the battle with no HP left.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Final Y graveyard:

Charlie the Budew, 8-16. Died to Route 7's Snorlax when I was trying to catch her. Not a lot I can say about him really.

Quacklin' the Farfetch'd, 10-23. Demolished Viola's gym, and I was really looking forward to taking him deep into the game. If only that stupid Mienfoo outside Reflection Cave hadn't taken him from me ;_;

Big Bertha the Snorlax, 15-43. This made me so sad...Bertha was always one of my best teammates. She pulled the team through a lot of tough areas-in fact, she was the one who fought Korrina's Lucarios. For some reason they didn't try to attack her?
And she never had a close call, so I was never too worried about her. But then the Frost Cavern happened...
I accidentally got into a Double Battle against a Grumpig and Hariyama. I wasn't that worried, since she'd never had any trouble with Fighting-types before.
I don't actually remember what the Hariyama used...all I know is, she was gone before I could do anything.
To make it worse, that happened on my birthday...

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"

Margaret Fountaine the Grubbin
Met in Route 1
Killed by a level 26 Onix's Rock Slide (Wild Area)​
I had such high hopes for you, Margaret. I've never used a Vikavolt before, but I've heard tales of Vikavolt escapades in Alola. I hoped you would join that heroic tradition here in Galar. Alas, it was not meant to be. Your death was an immediate reminder to me that a blind nuzlocke is fraught with danger... in places one may not expect. How was I supposed to know that the Onix eclipsed my levels!? My Bullshit Clause (for the Wild Area) is in honor of you.

Harri Weir the Galarian Meowth
Met in Route 4
Killed by Gym Leader Nessa's Dynamax Drednaw's Max Darkness (Hulbury).​
Oh, Harri, my first Galar love (as evidenced by how I caught you in a Love Ball). I was so excited to use a steel type so early on in my adventure! You usually don't get access to them until later, and I had one before the first gym! But it wasn't meant to be. You were the first victim of Nessa's murderous Drednaw. After much consideration, I've decided: Galarian Meowth is my favorite Pokemon introduced in gen 8. They're just the right combination of ugly and cute. <3

"Charlotte Bronte" Candyfloss the Cottonee
Met in Hulbury
Killed by Gym Leader Nessa's Drednaw's crit Headbutt (Hulbury)​
I had thought, after Drednaw was done Dynamaxing, that the bloodshed would end. I was wrong. Just like that, my hard-earned "win button" against the water gym was dead.

Christopher Brayford the Galarian Linoone
Met in Route 3
Killed by Gym Leader Nessa's Drednaw's Razor Shell​
Christopher, you were another Galarian form I was so excited by! Bede was shaping up to be another rival and you, with your dark type and Snarl, which lowers special attack, were shaping up to be my counter to him. You performed marvelously against the first battle against him, but, alas, it would turn out to be your last battle against him. The thing that kills me is this: You didn't need to die. After Charlotte's death, I panicked and sent you out instead of Augustus (see other thread), and you just didn't have the defenses needed. I'm sorry.

Stephen Hawking the Toxel
Met in Route 5 (gift)
Killed by a wild Cubchoo's Frost Breath (somewhere in the Wild Area???)​
Something I've learned in Pokemon games: Gift Pokemon tend to be good. Thus, as soon as I got you, Stephen, I pumped the EXP Candies into you to get you in the same level range as the rest of the team. But... You still weren't performing well. I was prepared to bench you when I realized something: You were still a baby Pokemon! Excited at the prospect of what you would become, I kept you on the team. And then... Two levels before what I later learned was your evolution level, bam, a wild Pokemon ended our dreams.

Alexander Pope the Croagunk
Met in Galar Mine No. 2
Killed by Gym Trainer Clive's Pumpkaboo's Bullet Seed + confusion (Stow-On-Side).​
To be honest, Alexander, I shouldn't have taken you out when I did. I knew that Toxicroak was still a ways off, but between you and Robert (see other thread), I wanted to feel powerful! Powerful like Team Galactic! (Which was scaring me in my other run, of Platinum.) But you weren't ready for that. You survived the Bullet Seed, only to deal the killing blow to yourself....

Janet Thomson the Froslass
Met in West Lake Axewell
Killed by Hop's Boltand's Crunch (Route 7)​
Your death was completely unnecessary. There's nothing more to say. I should have known better.

Mel B the Drednaw
Met in Motostoke
Killed by Colleague Alison's Hippowdon's Sand Tomb (Route 8)​
The first death to really affect me since Harri's and Christopher's. You were really shaping up to be an MVP, Mel, especially after St. George went to the sidelines. But that double battle was brutal. Even though you didn't get hurt by the sandstorm, you were trapped by the Sand Tomb. I was helpless....

Jon Foo the Throh
Met in Motostoke Outskirts
Killed by Gym Leader Piers' Obstagoon's Counter (Spikemuth)​
Another contender taken from us far too soon. Jon, I knew it. I knew. I had seen one of the Gym Trainers' Linoone use Counter, but, somehow, I either forgot or arrogantly assumed that the Gym Leader would not have that move. Either way, you paid the price for my mistake.

Margaret Thatcher the Centiskorch
Met in the Fire Gym
Killed by Gym Leader Raihan's Duraludon's crit Max Rockfall (Wyndon Stadium)​
It needed to have landed a critical hit to kill you. That's all that needs to be said, I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)