• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Mafia PokemonMastersEX Mafia

Thread Description
pokemon masters ex mafia: night 3

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Suddenly, out of nowhere, a snowball flies and beans solaris127h! How rude, now they're covered in snow.

(a snowball has been used on solaris, until the next night ends they can't use any abilities, if present)

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Getting timezone'd again lol

fair points off floatzel, also I'll try to avoid building text forts in the future lmao. I can see how that kinda stuff would be detrimental to discussion. I disagree about not claiming though; I think consolidating information and making efficient usage of items is basically the only way village can get a leg up at this point.

I'm semi-uncomfortable with a page lynch even though I personally think the Flopperor Mafia is likely just because this is MYLO, we get a PR overnight, potentially get more time from Mimikyu, could hit Mimikyu, and the only way that waiting would backfire is if they have a gun, which given the snowball would be basically a 2/7 chance due to only 2 possible items existing at this point and perfect mafia luck getting them all assuming all items have been given out at this point. I think the risk is just too sizable and the odds of a gun too small.

I'm the only one mafia has actively used resources to push a lynch on. If you believe what I'm saying and think I'm village, doubling down on me is one of the better ways to victory because otherwise Rosa doesn't know who got what and if she actually gets killed tonight the info loss would be catastrophic. This gets worse as more and more people die and more and more ways to confirm who got what disappear. We need both the info recipient info and Rosa info in one place to guide some pointed questions, and Rosa has refused to come forward again and again so what other option do we have? I think this is especially important if LHarm's time is limited and Page is busy as well.
If you think I'm mafia I've basically already won by looking village in most eyes. I could just fluffpost and shimmy my way to victory, what would I gain by trying to have people look even more critically at me by asking for the mafia equivalent of a neon "SUSPICIOUS!" sign in a leap of faith if victory is ridiculously likely by just chilling out lmao

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
And with that, the day ends with no death.

The following character have been drawn from the gacha pool. (this will be the last character)

Lisia & Altaria
Spotlight, Please - Choose a player every night. If killed by the mafia, you die instead. (100% self-death bodyguard). If you die in this way, give your protected target a gun.

Flop disc

Johto League Champion
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
can we re-animate yet?

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe)
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
Sorry guys for the late update that contains absolutely nothing.

Dead: nobody

Day 4 lasts for 48h and will end on 20/01/21 1210 GMT+8

Flop disc

Johto League Champion
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
okay cool! as far as my dumb ass can tell, mafia have hit rosa with a vest or oak with a complimentary ability which uhhhh

i guess leaves us about where we were?

Alolan Floatzel

super high school level [redacted]
🎇Contributor
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Cute
Pokédex Entry
[is baby]
hang on lol there’s no way to confirm that you’re mimikyu. we can’t even do “not mimikyu” because if mimikyu wasn’t hit (which is still a possibility) they wouldn’t even know. i know i said you were probably village but i do just want to be safe

Flop disc

Johto League Champion
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
got my ass a bit turned around here — thought we’d moved away from claims and to full scumhunting? Blocking one night kill is great but I’m not sure how it alters the status quo

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
I'm literally dead tired (consider my previous post timezones and despair. 7:30 was already pretty fucked for me) and trying to respond fast so eloquence = 0 (ha) and naturally I might not be thinking right but:

what

If I'm claiming I got hit that's 1. Entirely provable because night kill didn't happen and 2. Entirely claimable because obviously something blocked the nk.

If I'm lying whoever had something that blocked the shot that did get hit could obviously come forward and say I didn't get hit, they did. If they got hit and didn't that's some top tier game throw at this point.

If you want to start a "didn't get shot" claim first, that's legit if you think everyone will be able to respond afterwards, otherwise that statement is phase stall and I swear on everything that is unholy I am not afraid of unleashing ping hell on someone's soul if someone tries to stall their not shot claim. And to that mafia person considering that: I will send so many pings your phone will literally implode into a ping singularity. I'm tired. I have nothing to lose. I dare you, mafia.
Last phase it made sense for you to to say no claims because I wasn't saying I was a pr. not confirmable. now I am and have a verifiable claim. why would you say it's not confirmable. asking for safety is cool. fair. again though, there is a safe way forward and you didn't mention it. i think it's pretty clear. weird you didn't mention it.

scumhunting without any real knowledge made sense when we had 1 pr that has not come forward and I couldn't really prove myself because I didn't know I was a PR. until popped mimikyu was basically not a pr, couldn't prove anything. Made sense yesterday to scumhunt when there were literally no other possible village moves. Lisia and me change status quo. Now with me and Lisia entering the pool is there's three PR total and one that's coming forward and can get claims easily without losing value (me), stupid to stick to scumhunting when it would be easy to push Mafia into a corner. Force them to make moves. Blind scumhunting is stupid if we can do focused scumhunting instead.

scumhunting also assumes more than forty words were spoken today (20 hours in) before I asked for claims. there were not, and those words involved PRs that have been dead for multiple phases. honest mistake, but still.

solaris127h

Totally not an AI
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 2, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon
I pm'd 0Anon - I feel that after considering everything, I probably am being too paranoid and I think if 0Anon really were maf, he'd play a lot more down low since there's not much activity among most of us. The fact that the night kill was blocked was a major boon for village, making a win more possible, and I agree that stalling is the maf play right now.

Hopefully 0Anon discovers who threw the snowball at me so I can defend my honor >:U

Also, though the PageEmperor lynch fell through, I still support it. Since 0Anon is collecting the claims, I'll just change my vote if he suggests a different course of action. We're still at MYLO like Floatzel was pointing out, but I feel like Floatzel's analysis makes him village in my eyes which doesn't really change that my best guess is still one of the less-actives.

Vote: PageEmperor

Alolan Floatzel

🎇Contributor
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Cute
Pokédex Entry
[is baby]
it’s not provable bc we don’t actually know that the mafia hitting mimikyu is what caused the kill to fail. we don’t know what professor oak’s abilities were and we don’t know what items rosa has given out. mafia could also have just inactived. it’s not that i don’t trust your claim, im just trying to point out that it’s not bulletproof (well i mean. yes it is bulletproof. but it’s not- ok nvm)

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
I'm a bit more rested now, but again I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

People are notified if their vest breaks. You're notified if Mimikyu kicks in (I was). Oak's been dead since Night 3. If Rosa prevented the shot, it's claimable. Same for if someone else was Mimikyu and took the shot, it would be an easy and obvious thing to dispute.

Unless Oak contacted you, nobody knows what Oak's abilities did. There's nothing to indicate that he can impact the game after he's dead, and I frankly would be kind of pissed if he could do that without his interference being public knowledge. That kind of stuff would literally ruin every hidden setup game ever because at that point you literally can't make any conclusions from anything that goes on in the game period.
I straight up didn't think Oak could do anything like that (I expected him to have various abilities he could use that phase, not OTHER phases). Are you saying Plusle told you something about his role?

Mafia should be just as in the dark as village regarding Oak's roles, how would Mafia be able to play around Oak setting stuff up beyond the grave? Unless you're arguing for the ridiculously unlikely situation that Oak left a ghost message to only mafia calling them all losers and stealing their lunch money night kill, they should think Mimikyu is claimable; someone else could be able to counterclaim broken vest or that they're busted Mimikyu. At which point we've looped around again.

In terms of mafia inactivity assumption: In that situation, I would have to be lying about my claim. The only reason I would lie would be because I'm mafia. And if I'm mafia, you have to assume that all inactivity this game has been purposeful. And at that point in that situation, I'd argue that I should be banned for metagaming.

Purposefully drawing out a game for multiple phases without ANY strategic value (such as inactiving N1) to make people die from inactivity rules would a cheap as fuck move, be at odds with the spirit of the game, and just be sweaty. Like yeah, Mafia could just never kill anyone and wait for village to lose over the course of a few weeks in any game where village doesn't have good investigation. That's also literally unfun.
Do you actually think I'd play like that?

also: page has been active and not responding, your phone is in danger dude. vote: PageEmperor

Alolan Floatzel

🎇Contributor
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Cute
Pokédex Entry
[is baby]
oh that’s a fair point about rosa and the inactivity actually. alright i’ll back off.

also i’m not mimikyu.

normally i’d be against lynching during MYLO but if page is gonna get inactive killed anyway:

vote: page

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
yeah I don't like lynching in MYLO much either but the game is already over if Page is village; without everyone active heading into LYLO this game would just be over anyway

Flop disc

Johto League Champion
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Vote: page

I’ve thoroughly lost track of shit but page/lharm would be the people I’d be poking with votes about now anyway. If this is some sprung trap to then push a rapid lynch on me or w/e that’s fine, let’s just get something done before end of phase

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
???
Okay so change of plan here. Have a great lead and I trust this infinitely more than a page lynch.

Vote: Alolan Floatzel

Flop disc

Johto League Champion
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
Wanna explain that one or

PageEmperor

I can’t do money puns. It just won’t make cents.
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
A person who does both comics and runs and whatnot. Okay then.
Or what? The fact that I can do something pretty threatening?

Vote: Flop disc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)