• NOTICE: Potential Site Downtime on December 7, 2020.

This is a preliminary notice that you may experience some downtime on December 7, 2020, due to some backend adjustments.

If you attempt to access the Nuzlocke Forums on or around this date, and receive any sort of failure to connect notice, please alert the Nuzlocke Forums Tech Team on Discord (@Tech Team role).

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

Nuzlocke Pokemon you've lost respect for due to Nuzlockes

Alan900900900

Lurker extraordinaire
Globetrotter
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ice
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is a master of having too many projects at the same time. Also, Pikablu.
Well, Haxorus is a good candidate for me. In my dual type Water/Fire run of White that I did at the beginning of this year, I'd already lost my Darmanitan against a random trainer in Opelucid Gym, and was thus battling Iris with a team of five mons, those being Samurott, Simisear, Seismitoad, Jellicent and Basculin. I already didn't have anything super effective against Dragon types with that team comp, but then Iris' ace Haxorus came in and the whole battle went to hell. It set up with Dragon Dance while tanking hit after hit and getting periodically healed by Iris, and then proceeded to sweep my entire team.

That was the first and only time so far that I've ever wiped in a Nuzlocke. I still had just enough encounters left to rebuild into a decent team, coming up with specific countermeasures for the Iris rematch on the way, but as if to add insult to injury, her Haxorus then proceeded to also murder my second Darmanitan in cold blood before finally getting taken down by another Basculin.

So yeah, screw Haxorus.

Kretoma

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 5, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Bug, Ground
Pokédex Entry
It digs deep into the ground to hide from predators. At night it emerges to eat berries.
All Pseudo-legendaries from Dragonite to Garchomp. They always die before becoming useful if you have them. If the enemy controls them, they are a source of pain...

Memento

The Princess of Darkness
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She, her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
She is known to spend hours daydreaming about her stories.
Chansey, Blissey, and Wobuffet can all rot in hell.

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
Graveler, annoying in caves, has self-destruct, and has sturdy

sunburstblue

blue stars burn brighter
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Fire, Water
Pokédex Entry
Well, her Pokédex No. is #274, which is Nuzleaf. Could anything be more hilariously fitting for this forum?
If pokemon were real, I would go out of my way to shatter every single wild Solrock I came across. They've killed two of my pokemon in B2W2 because that game thinks it's fair to have a ridiculous level spike when you get to Giant Chasm so that suddenly all the wild pokemon are the same level as your pokemon and if you fail to run from a Solrock it will shank all your Flying and Ice-type pokemon with Rock Slide!!! :)))

Arie Kazami

Your everyday, ordinary guy
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He/They
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Just an Ordinary Trainer that doing his Nuzlocke
Rattata and Raticate, especially Alolan ones pretty much the bane of my Nuzlocke...STAB Pursuit when switching just HURTS and it also responsible for killing my Jellicent back then in Ultra Moon.

And don't get me start with any mons carrying Counter,Mirror coat, and Destiny bond...

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
And don't get me start with any mons carrying Counter,Mirror coat, and Destiny bond...
If I know that there are Wobbuffet in an area, I stock up on Repels.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Magnemite in BW2. I got one as my catch in that Virbank place, and at first I thought it was great because it had Sonic Boom and I could take on Roxie with it.

Well, guess what? Magnet Pull is horrible, especially when it makes you attract other Magnemite that also have Sonic Boom AND Supersonic. My Magnemite got confused, hit itself in its confusion, and got itself squarely on 20 HP. Anyone want to guess what happened next?

PageEmperor

W H A T I S T H I S .
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
My avatar has changed due to people not knowing what it was. Thanks for nothing, JavierE64.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So far, I’m pretty underwhelmed by Ninjask. In an X run I did last year I caught a Nincada, and while it was surprisingly useful during the Nincada stage, it was complete ass as a Ninjask. It may have good speed but it’s seemingly useful attack was offset by it’s godawful movepool and it was still monstrously frail. I didn’t have any fun using it at any stage. I eventually sacked it off to a Sigilyph because at THAT moment I forgot to bring a Dark mon.

I tried using one again, specifically hoping it would improve my opinion on it. Needless to say, same thing, no moves, the only good thing it had was Screech, which even missed quite a bit, ended up ditching it because it just wasn’t for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)