• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Pokemon Platinum Exclusionlocke

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
Part Nine of my run through every main-series game without reusing Pokemon between games! Updates bi-weekly!

Zefalcon

Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 14, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
They/she
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Ghost
We’re here again with Platinum version. Platinum added a lot of new things to gen 4. Move tutors, faster speeds, the Distortion World, better catch lists, and more.

Before I get into the game, I have a long-winded announcement to make. If you're curious, read below, but tl;dr - Exclusionlocke will be on hiatus until 2023.
I've got a few reasons for taking a break from the Exclusionlocke. For one, I've been posting these nonstop for a year and a half now. Some rough calculations using my current posting rate and averages for how long each game takes to post give me another 2+ years of doing this (probably more like 2 and a half with Scarlet and Violet coming out, and whatever game comes after them). That's a long time to be doing a series, and I need a break to play other games. Like Breath of the Wild. And finishing off Legends: Arceus.

I also have other Nuzlocke ideas I've been saving up that I haven't felt like I've had the time to do. Not sure if I'll be posting any of those, but if I do it'll be sporadic. They're mostly for fun.

Lastly, I'll be moving in a few weeks. Which is why this part of the Exclusionlocke will be posted twice a week instead of once; so I can get all the parts online before I have to turn off internet access. Then a few months later I'm going to visit my parents. Then we have the holidays. Point being, the rest of the year will be pretty busy for me, and even if I wanted to try continuing this series through all that I wouldn't have enough time to build a big enough buffer to keep my same consistency. So it just made the most sense to take some time off, rebuild my buffer, and come back next year at full force.

If you want me to fight certain postgame bosses, vote for them! Current vote tallies listed here. Alder will be coming up fairly soon, so if you want to see him, vote! (He already has a bunch of votes, though, so I’ll likely fight him anyway)

Alder in Black/White - +3
Cynthia in Black/White/Black 2/White 2 - +1
Delta Episode in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire - +2
Team Rainbow Rocket in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon - +2
Sordard/Shielbert section in Sword/Shield - +3
Mustard dojo fight in Sword/Shield - +2

Onward!

Platinum-With-Evos1.png

As before, we’re a girl to make up for the earlier boy-only games. It was suggested that I should save the double-girl game set for games that have customization so they can be distinguished, which works for me. I’ll probably go with Sword/Shield, since the girl in those games is such a character.

Platinum-With-Evos2.png

There aren’t enough characters to properly name Platinum, so we have to get creative.

Platinum-With-Evos3.png

Rival this time is Nolan.

Platinum-With-Evos4.png

One of the smaller things they added for Platinum was snow in Twinleaf. It helps get across just how far north Sinnoh is.

Platinum-With-Evos5.png

Once again, Nolan doesn’t understand how tall grass works.

Platinum-With-Evos6.png

Thank you, Rowan.

Platinum-With-Evos7.png

As usual for third games, I’m not using a typical starter. Instead, I’ve picked up Chimchar for the first bit of the game so Nolan has a Piplup. Of our two choices for rival Pokemon (Piplup and Chimchar), Piplup will be the hardest for our chosen starter to deal with.

Platinum-With-Evos8.png

And here’s that starter, Starly! Staraptor is a powerhouse and should serve us well. Welcome to the team, Pelagornis! This game is using extinct marine life for names.

Platinum-With-Evos9.png

Now that he’s up to level 5, it’s time to say goodbye to our helper Chimchar and start this game properly.

Platinum-With-Evos10.png

At Lake Verity we grab a Bidoof named Kolponomos. I’m still not sure if I’ll be using it this game, since it would make a great starter later. It’ll depend on if I can get my intended water catch early enough.

Platinum-With-Evos11.png

Route 202 gives us our next catch, Thalas(s)oleo(n) the Shinx! Luxray will be very useful in this game.

Platinum-With-Evos12.png

Platinum also introduces Looker, a fan favorite character that I never really got attached to. He honestly doesn’t do much; that’s our job.

Platinum-With-Evos13.png

We got one! Psyduck, while a Kanto mon, is a solid Water type that can function as a Psychic type if need be. Welcome, Vegavis!

Platinum-With-Evos14.png

Backtracking to Route 204 gives us a second Starly, Anatalavis.

Platinum-With-Evos15.png

First real Nolan fight takes some effort since we don’t have any super effective moves yet and he keeps using Growl to make things difficult, but there was never any danger.

Platinum-With-Evos16.png

Route 203 gives us nothing. That’s fine; we have way more of a team than either Diamond or Pearl did for AGES.

Platinum-With-Evos17.png

We’re lucky enough to get a second Psyduck in Oreburgh Gate. Welcome, Caspiodont!

Platinum-With-Evos18.png
Platinum-With-Evos19.png

Our birbs evolve while we grind.

Platinum-With-Evos20.png

Nooooo! Cranidos was doing too much damage to the ducks, so I sent Thalasoleo in to Intimidate it. And that’s the turn it got a crit.

Platinum-With-Evos21.png

Vegavis avenges her with a crit Water Gun. That sucks. We do have a couple more chances to get a new Shinx, though, so hopefully one of those will work out.

Platinum-With-Evos22.png

Beat the Galactic grunts with no problems, so we can head north now.

Platinum-With-Evos23.png

Gots us a new Shinx in Valley Windworks :) Her name is Puijila.

Platinum-With-Evos24.png

Set up my honey for the meadow. I can check it in the morning.

Platinum-With-Evos25.png

Male Combee isn’t a great catch, but it is a catch. Into the box with you, Haootia. He is holding a Honey, so this doesn’t even cost anything, lol.

Platinum-With-Evos26.png

Puijila evolves into a Luxio while we grind for Mars.

Platinum-With-Evos27.png

My bird-full team is able to take down Mars and her fat cat without much trouble, thankfully. Two Staravia let me get Intimidate off and quickly take it out.

I’ll stop things here. Next time we head into the forest and prepare for the second gym.

Caspiodont (Psyduck) - lv. 17F, Vegavis (Psyduck) - lv. 17M, Anatalavis (Staravia) - lv. 17F, Pelagornis (Staravia) - lv. 17M, Puijila (Luxio) - lv. 17F

Previous Runs: 109 lines, 230 Pokemon (94 Kanto, 42 Johto, 63 Hoenn, 31 Sinnoh)
Venusaur
Blastoise
Charizard
Butterfree
Beedrill
Pidgeot
Raticate
Fearow
Arbok
Raichu
Sandslash
Nidoqueen
Nidoking
Wigglytuff
Golbat
Parasect
Dugtrio
Persian
Primeape
Poliwrath
Alakazam
Machamp
Tentacruel
Golem
Slowbro
Magneton
Dodrio
Dewgong
Muk
Gengar
Steelix
Electrode
Exeggutor
Marowak
Hitmonlee
Rhydon
Seadra
Seaking
Scyther
Tauros
Gyarados
Lapras
Aerodactyl
Snorlax
Meganium
Typhlosion
Furret
Ledian
Ariados
Lanturn
Togetic
Xatu
Azumarill
Jumpluff
Murkrow
Unown
Girafarig
Dunsparce
Heracross
Magcargo
Piloswine
Mantine
Skarmory
Donphan
Hitmontop
Miltank
Blaziken
Swampert
Mightyena
Linoone
Beautifly
Dustox
Shiftry
Pelipper
Slaking
Ninjask
Shedinja
Exploud
Hariyama
Aggron
Manectric
Roserade
Swalot
Sharpedo
Torkoal
Grumpig
Spinda
Flygon
Cradily
Armaldo
Castform
Kecleon
Banette
Dusclops
Chimecho
Huntail
Kyogre
Torterra
Infernape
Kricketune
Bastiodon
Pachirisu
Floatzel
Gastrodon
Lopunny
Purugly
Bronzong
Hippowdon
Drapion
Palkia

Current Run: +3 Lines, +8 Pokemon (2 Kanto, 6 Sinnoh)
Staraptor
Luxray
Golduck

Totals: 112 lines, 238 Pokemon (96/151 Kanto - 63.4%, 42/100 Johto - 42%, 63/135 Hoenn - 46.7%. 37/107 Sinnoh - 34.6%, 48.3% of 493 Total Available Pokemon)

OP
Zefalcon

Zefalcon

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 14, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
They/she
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Ghost
Tuesday's here, so here's another post!

Platinum-With-Evos28.png

Hey, Looker. Yeah, I took care of them already.

Platinum-With-Evos29.png

The tree on Route 205 gives us Ontocetus the Aipom! An interesting catch that I’ll bank for now.

Platinum-With-Evos30.png

Made it through the forest easily thanks to Cheryl. No catch here since we’ve used up everything Platinum has to offer, but there’s a honey tree we can grab once we have Cut that counts as being “Eterna Forest”.

Platinum-With-Evos31.png

Rude.

Platinum-With-Evos32.png

Route 211 is where we get our next important catch - Helicoprio(n) the Meditite. Psychic is a good type for this region, especially paired with Fighting.

Platinum-With-Evos33.png

Helicoprio’s Hidden Power confirmed as Ice. That’s a pretty good type if we can keep him alive. Not sure how strong it is, though.

Also, this Cleffa means we don’t get a catch in lower Mt. Coronet. Dang.

Platinum-With-Evos34.png

I had to look up how fossils work in Platinum. Apparently it’s based on your Trainer ID. Mine’s even, which means I get Armor Fossils. Which I’ve already used. So I guess the Underground won’t be giving us a catch this time.

Platinum-With-Evos35.png

Helicoprio gets overpowered in the gym. He didn’t last long.

Platinum-With-Evos36.png

Our Staravia core is able to take out Gardenia, although she was still able to deal some solid damage with her Roserade and Cherrim.

Platinum-With-Evos37.png

Had to grab a Budew to use Cut for us.

Platinum-With-Evos38.png

Platinum lets you get Rotom early, so we pick up Ctenorhabd(otus) to put in our box. Box specifically because we don’t really need another Electric type at the moment, and Rotom is fairly easy to get in Arceus.

Platinum-With-Evos39.png
Platinum-With-Evos40.png

That was terrifying. The entire team had to work together to take out the Skuntank. Night Slash could easily have taken out any one of them if it crit, or if I gave it an extra hit. Thankfully I managed to avoid the crit chance and deal enough chip damage on the turns I got that our starter Pelagornis could finish it with a Quick Attack.

Platinum-With-Evos41.png

Eterna Forest’s tree gives us Rhenopyrg(u)s the male Burmy, who goes to the box.

Platinum-With-Evos42.png

We get a Togepi egg from Cynthia here. I’d like to save it for the remakes, if possible, since Fairy is a great typing.

Platinum-With-Evos43.png

I’ve already missed my catch here (KO’d a Ponyta), but figured I’d mention this. For some reason, they changed Gligar’s color in Platinum to this dull blue, which caused me and many others to think they’d found a shiny. But no, it’s just a weird decision the devs made and immediately backtracked on at the next opportunity.

Platinum-With-Evos44.png

Rhenopyrgs joins the party to use for Repel strats. Mothim isn’t quite as useful as Wormadam, so I’m okay giving it up for the catch I’m looking for.

Platinum-With-Evos45.png

Well, fuck. RIP Puijila.

Platinum-With-Evos46.png

Rhenopyrgs evolves into Mothim, which means he’s ready for Repels.

Platinum-With-Evos47.png

But first, Route 207’s tree gives us Thalas(s)o(c)nus the Aipom for our box.

Platinum-With-Evos48.png

There we go! Garchomp is quite literally one of the most powerful Pokemon in gen 4, legendaries included, so having one on the team will really up our power level. As long as we can keep Megalodon alive long enough to get to that point.

Platinum-With-Evos49.png

We could grab a free Eevee here, but Let’s Go Eevee is a game that exists, so we’ll have to leave it.

Platinum-With-Evos50.png

This is one of the big differences between Platinum and the other Sinnoh games. Instead of passing through Hearthome and tackling the Veilstone and Pastoria gyms first, you fight Fantina here as the 3rd gym instead. It makes more sense from a pacing perspective, although having Ghost as a 3rd gym can be tough. Sinnoh’s dex makes it more reasonable, though. Luxio has Bite, Bibarel has STAB Water moves and is immune to their strongest attacks, and you can get Drifloon at Valley Windworks if you need even more counters. Our team doesn’t have any of those advantages, though, so we’ll have to rely on the Staravia twins as our best mons here.

Platinum-With-Evos51.png

Ooh! This was an unexpected catch! Both Gallade and Gardevoir are great Pokemon to have access to. I’ll probably go with Gallade since Conularia is male, and since I was planning on using Medicham anyway. Gardevoir would be nice to save until post gen 6 if possible. Welcome to the team! I’m boxing Vegavis for him, since we don’t really need two Psyduck at the moment.

Platinum-With-Evos52.png

Conularia evolves into an elegant Kirlia.

Platinum-With-Evos53.png

Huh. Rhenopyrgs’ Hidden Power is Bug. I’ll have to see if it’s worth keeping, but I’m guessing it’s not.

It’s definitely not. Bug Bite is better for us.

Platinum-With-Evos54.png

Megalodon evolves as well into a fierce Gabite.

Platinum-With-Evos55.png

This Fantina fight is rough. Mismagius can two-shot most of the team except for the birds, which are just slightly more than a two-shot with Psybeam. But confusion ended up doing the difference this time and killed our starter.

Platinum-With-Evos56.png
Platinum-With-Evos57.png

I had to sack Rhenopyrgs in order to heal Anatalavis’ burn so I could send her in without dying instantly. Thankfully she’s able to fight through confusion to take the murderer out.

Platinum-With-Evos58.png

Haunter was an ass, but it couldn’t really do any damage to me, thankfully. It’s dead now, and we can mourn our losses.

Vegavis and Egg rejoin our team to fill the empty slots for the time being.

Platinum-With-Evos59.png

And of course Nolan has to ambush us right after. His Prinplup was annoying, but Disabling its Bubblebeam helped us take it down without fear, and the rest went easy. That’s enough Pokemon for this part; I need a break.

Caspiodont (Psyduck) - lv. 26F, Vegavis (Psyduck) - lv. 26M, Anatalavis (Staravia) - lv. 26F, Conularia (Kirlia) - lv. 26M, Megalodon (Gabite) - lv. 26F, Egg

Venusaur
Blastoise
Charizard
Butterfree
Beedrill
Pidgeot
Raticate
Fearow
Arbok
Raichu
Sandslash
Nidoqueen
Nidoking
Wigglytuff
Golbat
Parasect
Dugtrio
Persian
Primeape
Poliwrath
Alakazam
Machamp
Tentacruel
Golem
Slowbro
Magneton
Dodrio
Dewgong
Muk
Gengar
Steelix
Electrode
Exeggutor
Marowak
Hitmonlee
Rhydon
Seadra
Seaking
Scyther
Tauros
Gyarados
Lapras
Aerodactyl
Snorlax
Meganium
Typhlosion
Furret
Ledian
Ariados
Lanturn
Togetic
Xatu
Azumarill
Jumpluff
Murkrow
Unown
Girafarig
Dunsparce
Heracross
Magcargo
Piloswine
Mantine
Skarmory
Donphan
Hitmontop
Miltank
Blaziken
Swampert
Mightyena
Linoone
Beautifly
Dustox
Shiftry
Pelipper
Slaking
Ninjask
Shedinja
Exploud
Hariyama
Aggron
Manectric
Roserade
Swalot
Sharpedo
Torkoal
Grumpig
Spinda
Flygon
Cradily
Armaldo
Castform
Kecleon
Banette
Dusclops
Chimecho
Huntail
Kyogre
Torterra
Infernape
Kricketune
Bastiodon
Pachirisu
Floatzel
Gastrodon
Lopunny
Purugly
Bronzong
Hippowdon
Drapion
Palkia

Current Run: +7 Lines, +18 Pokemon (2 Kanto, 4 Hoenn, 12 Sinnoh)
Staraptor
Luxray
Golduck
Medicham
Mothim
Garchomp
Gallade

Totals: 116 lines, 248 Pokemon (96/151 Kanto - 63.4%, 42/100 Johto - 42%, 67/135 Hoenn - 49.6%. 43/107 Sinnoh - 40.2%, 50.3% of 493 Total Available Pokemon)

OP
Zefalcon

Zefalcon

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 14, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
They/she
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Ghost
Platinum-With-Evos60.png

I’m hoping this is a good sign for this part. Welcome to the box, Titanicht(hys).

Platinum-With-Evos61.png

Egg hatches into Lunaspis the Togepi, who goes straight into the box.

Platinum-With-Evos62.png

No catch on Route 210. After some thought, I’m saving Ponyta specifically for Arceus. It’s very good there and an early catch.

Missed 215, too.

Platinum-With-Evos63.png

Vegavis dies to the trainer duo at the end of the route. You know the one, the one that almost always kills Pokemon in these sorts of runs. We were so close to coming out of that okay, but Megalodon hit herself in Confusion right when I needed that little bit of extra damage.

Platinum-With-Evos64.png

The tree on Route 214 has failed us.

Platinum-With-Evos65.png

Valor Lakefront also has nothing for us. I really hope we can get a catch soon.

Great Marsh time. There’s nothing specific I’m looking for here, so we’ll see if anything interesting pops up.

Platinum-With-Evos66.png
Platinum-With-Evos67.png
Platinum-With-Evos68.png
Platinum-With-Evos68.png
Platinum-With-Evos70.png
Platinum-With-Evos71.png

Nope. Almost got a Yanma, but it ran away and was replaced by a Wooper. Oh well.

Platinum-With-Evos72.png
Platinum-With-Evos73.png

Trees on 212 and 213. Both give us more male Combee. I guess the game really doesn’t want us to put a team together.

Platinum-With-Evos74.png

Anatalavis dies to a crit from Maylene’s Lucario. Oof.

Platinum-With-Evos75.png

Caspiodont finishes the job thanks to healing and a lucky confusion off of Water Pulse. Our team really isn’t looking great at the moment.

Platinum-With-Evos76.png

Lucas, I know you have issues, but I really need to get a team together first.

Platinum-With-Evos77.png

Caspiodont evolves at least. Golduck will be very nice to have.

Platinum-With-Evos78.png

Nooooooo! I wanted to catch you!

Platinum-With-Evos79.png

Nolan thankfully is easy enough even with only half a party.

Platinum-With-Evos80.png

We beat Wake! Both his Gyarados and Floatzel had super-effective moves on Conularia and Megalodon, so Caspiodont had to solo them. It took nearly all our healing items and some lucky Confusion rolls (and never getting the Defense drop from Crunch), but she was able to do it. Conularia could easily finish the Quagsire after that and net us a victory. Oof.

Platinum-With-Evos81.png

Platinum adds an extra explosion.

Platinum-With-Evos82.png

The grunt’s Croagunk is a one-shot with Psychic, so it doesn’t matter much.

Platinum-With-Evos83.png

I have to bring Anatalavis’ body out to use Defog for us. Bleh.

Platinum-With-Evos84.png

This was another fight added in Platinum to help make Cyrus a bigger presence. Our team of three was able to match up well against his three, thankfully.

Platinum-With-Evos85.png

We have Surf! We can grab more catches! And get a Dawn Stone for Conularia!

Platinum-With-Evos86.png

First up is Presbyorn(is) the Psyduck, who gets to go straight in our party with the Exp Share.

Platinum-With-Evos87.png

Next we have Acrodus the Remoraid going into our box.

Platinum-With-Evos88.png
Platinum-With-Evos89.png

Gallade Get!

Platinum-With-Evos90.png

Another Psyduck from Eterna, named Chendytes, joins our small team to bring our numbers up to 5, although with two newbies now.

Platinum-With-Evos91.png

In Fuego Ironworks we pick up Dromornis the Magmar. I’m heavily considering using him, since we have several things coming up that a Fire type could be good for. It’d mean another Kanto mon used, though. I’ll have to think on it.

Platinum-With-Evos92.png

I looked at the upcoming fights and what I had to counter them and noticed several things lacking that Magmar can take care of. So Dromornis will be joining us immediately to start getting some levels. There’s one more thing I need to take care of sooner rather than later.

Platinum-With-Evos93.png

Conularia needs a STAB Fighting move now that we’re heading into the Steel and Ice gyms. I hate using TMs early, but it was warranted here. I’d like to boost Conularia’s moveset up a bit more but I’ll need Heart Scales for that, which take a considerable amount of time to dig up.

Platinum-With-Evos94.png

Presbyorn evolves while we grind everyone up.

Platinum-With-Evos95.png

Dromornis gets to evolve, too, since we have a Magmarizer and some Rare Candies saved up.

Platinum-With-Evos96.png

We swing by Twinleaf to grab Miotadorna as another backup Psyduck.

Platinum-With-Evos97.png

Route 218’s tree grants us a Cherubi. Interesting catch, but I think Octapyrg(ites) can sit in the box.

Platinum-With-Evos98.png

Chendytes gets to join our Golduck squad.

Platinum-With-Evos99.png

Nolan does a number on us before we can defeat him, as you can see by my team screen. But now that he’s out of the way we have a lot better grinding spots available to us. This is past my normal stopping point, but seems like a more natural one, so I’ll end it here. Next time we tackle the 6th gym and get started on the plot.

Caspiodont (Golduck) - lv. 42F, Conularia (Gallade) - lv. 42M, Megalodon (Gabite) - lv. 42F, Dromornis (Magmortar) - lv. 38M, Presbyorn (Golduck) - lv. 39F, Chendytes (Golduck) - lv. 35M

Venusaur
Blastoise
Charizard
Butterfree
Beedrill
Pidgeot
Raticate
Fearow
Arbok
Raichu
Sandslash
Nidoqueen
Nidoking
Wigglytuff
Golbat
Parasect
Dugtrio
Persian
Primeape
Poliwrath
Alakazam
Machamp
Tentacruel
Golem
Slowbro
Magneton
Dodrio
Dewgong
Muk
Gengar
Steelix
Electrode
Exeggutor
Marowak
Hitmonlee
Rhydon
Seadra
Seaking
Scyther
Tauros
Gyarados
Lapras
Aerodactyl
Snorlax
Meganium
Typhlosion
Furret
Ledian
Ariados
Lanturn
Togetic
Xatu
Azumarill
Jumpluff
Murkrow
Unown
Girafarig
Dunsparce
Heracross
Magcargo
Piloswine
Mantine
Skarmory
Donphan
Hitmontop
Miltank
Blaziken
Swampert
Mightyena
Linoone
Beautifly
Dustox
Shiftry
Pelipper
Slaking
Ninjask
Shedinja
Exploud
Hariyama
Aggron
Manectric
Roserade
Swalot
Sharpedo
Torkoal
Grumpig
Spinda
Flygon
Cradily
Armaldo
Castform
Kecleon
Banette
Dusclops
Chimecho
Huntail
Kyogre
Torterra
Infernape
Kricketune
Bastiodon
Pachirisu
Floatzel
Gastrodon
Lopunny
Purugly
Bronzong
Hippowdon
Drapion
Palkia

Current Run: +8 Lines, +21 Pokemon (3 Kanto, 1 Johto, 4 Hoenn, 13 Sinnoh)
Staraptor
Luxray
Golduck
Medicham
Mothim
Garchomp
Gallade
Magmortar

Totals: 117 lines, 251 Pokemon (97/151 Kanto - 64.2%, 43/100 Johto - 43%, 67/135 Hoenn - 49.6%. 44/107 Sinnoh - 41.1%, 50.9% of 493 Total Available Pokemon)

OP
Zefalcon

Zefalcon

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 14, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
They/she
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Ghost
Platinum-With-Evos100.png

First is Iron Island. We don’t have an empty spot for the egg, but I don’t want to use it anyway, so no big loss. If we’re desperate we can come back later.

Platinum-With-Evos101.png

Presbyorn dies in the gym to a Scizor while I wasn’t paying attention. Not the biggest loss, but I need to be more careful here.

Miotadorna joins the team with the Exp Share.

Platinum-With-Evos102.png

Byron was easy. We have a lot of Steel counters on our team, so I wasn’t worried.

Platinum-With-Evos103.png

In Platinum, they add the sound effect to the shaking.

Platinum-With-Evos104.png

Saturn was a bit tough, but Conularia still soloed him.

Platinum-With-Evos105.png

Mars goes down easy.

Platinum-With-Evos106.png

Miotadorna evolves during the fight.

Platinum-With-Evos107.png

Northern catches time! Caspiodont crits our catch out on Route 216, unfortunately.

Platinum-With-Evos108.png

We do pick up a Swinub on Route 217 that we name P(alaeo)laetmogon(idae).

Platinum-With-Evos109.png

And the Lakefront gives us a Snover named Mackenzia.

Platinum-With-Evos110.png

Oh. Oh no. I was getting ready to type up how easy this fight was (two one-shots and a two-shot), when her Froslass crit Dromornis with Shadow Ball. That’s really bad. It’s in Hail and has a Double Team, so its evasiveness is pretty high.

Platinum-With-Evos111.png

Wow that was rough. I needed all three Golducks to whittle the Froslass down after that. None of them died, thankfully, but all are in the red. I knew that fight could be bad, but I was sure Dromornis could carry us.

Platinum-With-Evos112.png

To fill that slot, we have Dasornis the Psyduck. Yes, another one. I’ll need to do some thinking to figure out what we can add to the team so it’s not the Golduck-only run.

Platinum-With-Evos113.png

Alright, I’ve come up with somewhat of a plan. Part 1 is bringing Plaetmogon onto the team. While a lot of things have coverage for him, Ice and Ground are very good offensive types that we’ll need for upcoming fights, and he should be defensive enough to take even some super-effective hits since they won’t be STAB. I am also heavily considering an Ambipom. It has a good range of coverage moves and not a bad Attack stat to back them up. But most of the things it would cover would also be served perfectly fine with a new Luxio, which is already on our “used” list for this game and thus would save us a line. So even though it means I won’t have a good move for Cyrus’ Gyarados, I’ll hold off on that until I see what I can grab on Route 222.

Platinum-With-Evos114.png
Platinum-With-Evos115.png

Got him evolved and ready for grinding.

Platinum-With-Evos116.png

Cyrus fight goes well after that. We’ve got good ‘mons to tackle him, thankfully.

Platinum-With-Evos117.png

For some reason I thought this Porygon was a gift by Dawn/Lucas during the Team Galactic takeover, so I completely forgot to grab it until now. Porygon is a great Pokemon with a TON of coverage options. It’s also a Pokemon that’s generally hard to get across all the generations, so it wouldn’t be too bad if we used it now, even though it is a Kanto mon (partially). I think it’s worth adding, subbing out Chendytes. Welcome, Tympanones(iotes)!

Sidenote: I’m very quickly starting to run out of names of ancient waterfowl. Way too many birds in this team between all the Golduck, our lost Magmortar and Staravia, and our new cyber duck.

Platinum-With-Evos118.png

Tympanones gets an Up-Grade.

Platinum-With-Evos119.png

And then gets corrupted.

Platinum-With-Evos120.png

On top of Mt. Coronet, we grab a new Medicham that I name Cryptocar(i)s. We have a Gallade, so he can sit in the box for the time being, but he’s a very good backup should we need one.

Platinum-With-Evos121.png

Megalodon was doing so well. She was at low health and confused, but was underground while the Golbats were attacking. Unfortunately she hit herself when surfacing and died. That’s a big blow.

Platinum-With-Evos122.png

Barely missed the Giratina-attacking screenshot, but it’s such a good moment. Cyrus just up there ranting about making a new world and suddenly getting grabbed and dragged in? Priceless.

Platinum-With-Evos123.png

Chendytes rejoins our party and we go off to grind a tad before going into the Distortion World.

Platinum-With-Evos124.png

OUCH. That was from full health! I couldn’t even do anything. RIP Tympanones; you served me well for the short time we had you.

Platinum-With-Evos125.png

I really didn’t think these fights would be this hard. Those were some major losses, and it’ll be hard to come back from them.

But that’ll be for next time. We have a couple catches left to fix this team. Speaking of…

Platinum-With-Evos126.png

The Distortion World is a new area. So Anomolocar(is) can go into our box as an option, too. See y’all next week.

Caspiodont (Golduck) - lv. 48F, Conularia (Gallade) - lv. 49M, Chendytes (Golduck) - lv. 48M, Miotadorna (Golduck) - lv. 48M, Plaetmogon (Mamoswine) - lv. 48M

Venusaur
Blastoise
Charizard
Butterfree
Beedrill
Pidgeot
Raticate
Fearow
Arbok
Raichu
Sandslash
Nidoqueen
Nidoking
Wigglytuff
Golbat
Parasect
Dugtrio
Persian
Primeape
Poliwrath
Alakazam
Machamp
Tentacruel
Golem
Slowbro
Magneton
Dodrio
Dewgong
Muk
Gengar
Steelix
Electrode
Exeggutor
Marowak
Hitmonlee
Rhydon
Seadra
Seaking
Scyther
Tauros
Gyarados
Lapras
Aerodactyl
Snorlax
Meganium
Typhlosion
Furret
Ledian
Ariados
Lanturn
Togetic
Xatu
Azumarill
Jumpluff
Murkrow
Unown
Girafarig
Dunsparce
Heracross
Magcargo
Piloswine
Mantine
Skarmory
Donphan
Hitmontop
Miltank
Blaziken
Swampert
Mightyena
Linoone
Beautifly
Dustox
Shiftry
Pelipper
Slaking
Ninjask
Shedinja
Exploud
Hariyama
Aggron
Manectric
Roserade
Swalot
Sharpedo
Torkoal
Grumpig
Spinda
Flygon
Cradily
Armaldo
Castform
Kecleon
Banette
Dusclops
Chimecho
Huntail
Kyogre
Torterra
Infernape
Kricketune
Bastiodon
Pachirisu
Floatzel
Gastrodon
Lopunny
Purugly
Bronzong
Hippowdon
Drapion
Palkia

Current Run: +9 Lines, +25 Pokemon (4 Kanto, 2 Johto, 4 Hoenn, 15 Sinnoh)
Staraptor
Luxray
Golduck
Medicham
Mothim
Garchomp
Gallade
Magmortar
Mamoswine
Porygon-Z

Totals: 118 lines, 255 Pokemon (98/151 Kanto - 64.9%, 44/100 Johto - 44%, 67/135 Hoenn - 49.6%. 46/107 Sinnoh - 43.0%, 51.7% of 493 Total Available Pokemon)

OP
Zefalcon

Zefalcon

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 14, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
They/she
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Ghost
Platinum-With-Evos127.png

Grabbed our catch from Sendoff Spring before leaving. Dusclops is interesting. I’m not sure if Dusknoir would be worth using here. Might be a good Lucian counter if I’m struggling for one later. I’ll have to think on you, Ammonite.

Back at civilization, Cryptocars gets to tag along with the Exp. Share since I haven’t had the time to figure out good replacements yet.

Platinum-With-Evos128.png

Electabuzz wasn’t what I was hoping for on Route 222, but it’s what we got, and named Dithyro(caris). I was hoping for a new Luxio here, so it’s the same typing, but it’d mean yet another new ‘mon used. Hmm…

Platinum-With-Evos129.png

I’m holding off on Dithyro for now, but I’m instead bringing on Thalasonus the Aipom. Ambipom gets a ton of coverage moves that I’m lacking now that Tympanones is dead. Importantly, one of those coverage moves is Dig, which will be vital against Volkner coming up. Still have two Golduck in the team (keeping Cryptocars in place of Chendytes for obvious reasons), but hopefully the other four will be enough to punch through in a pinch.

Platinum-With-Evos130.png

I just noticed Medicham’s sprite on the bottom screen. It looks so derpy with those single-pixel wide-spaced eyes. I know they had limited pixels for these, but still.

Platinum-With-Evos131.png

Thalasonus evolves into a double-tail-handed monkey.

So, funny story. I’ve already used my Dig TM. On Megalodon. Ambipom can’t use Earthquake. So she won’t be able to help us against Volkner.

However, Conularia can learn Earthquake. It’ll be a tough move to lose if he ever goes down, but we need a solid counter and he’s got good Attack. Let’s go for it.

Platinum-With-Evos132.png

We did it! Conularia was able to take out Jolteon and Electivire by himself, and used up Volkner’s Full Restore on Luxray before he needed to tap out. Cryptocars finished the Luxray but took a lot of damage in the process, so Thalassonus DID end up helping out by OHKOing the Raichu with Double Hit. Glad she could do so well!

Platinum-With-Evos133.png

We grab our last catch on Victory Road (because I really don’t need three Remoraid to add to our box like last time), Brindabell(aspis) the Rhydon. Could be useful. I’ll have to see.

Platinum-With-Evos134.png

I can’t see any possible reason to NOT use Giratina here. It’s the only chance I’ll get to use one, and it’s good against Lucian, who once again is my biggest challenge. It even has Ancientpower for Cynthia’s Togekiss. Welcome to the team, buddy.

Platinum-With-Evos135.png

This Torterra always gives me trouble. Sorry Thalassonus. Ontocetus will have to take your place.

Platinum-With-Evos136.png

Back to form.

Platinum-With-Evos137.png

Nolan defeated for the last time with no issues. Meaning we’re all clear for the final grind.

Grinding is done pretty quickly, so let’s review the team.

Platinum-With-Evos138.png

First is Ontocetus, who took over for Thalassonus. He’s a coverage Ambipom, with Shadow Claw, Fire Punch, and Ice Punch to take out some tricky foes. Also Double Hit to deal massive STAB damage.

Platinum-With-Evos139.png

Next is Caspiodont, our backup starter. She has Ice Beam for Garchomp and generally good Golduck-y moves. I kept Rock Smash because I was too lazy to remove it and didn’t have anything I cared to replace it with. Who knows - maybe the Defense drop will come in handy sometime.

Platinum-With-Evos140.png

Miotadorna is the physical version of Caspiodont, with Brick Break and Rock Climb replacing Rock Smash and Ice Beam. Having a good Fighting move on someone that’s not Conularia will be quite useful.

Platinum-With-Evos141.png

Speaking of Conularia, he’s decked out with a bunch of coverage as well. I realized I didn’t really need a Fighting move on him, so he has X-Scissor instead to help out against Lucian.

Platinum-With-Evos142.png

I can’t think of a more Mamoswine moveset than this. Plaetmogon is unfortunately weak to a lot of the coverage moves this Elite Four has, but he’s a dependable tank otherwise.

Platinum-With-Evos143.png

Last we have Anomolocar, with just a simple level-up moveset. Giratina gets really good level-up moves, so there was nothing really to change.

Short part, but next time’s the League. See you then.

Caspiodont (Golduck) - lv. 62F, Conularia (Gallade) - lv. 62M, Miotadorna (Golduck) - lv. 62M, Plaetmogon (Mamoswine) - lv. 62M, Ontocetus (Ambipom) - lv. 62M, Anomolocar (Giratina) - lv. 62X

Venusaur
Blastoise
Charizard
Butterfree
Beedrill
Pidgeot
Raticate
Fearow
Arbok
Raichu
Sandslash
Nidoqueen
Nidoking
Wigglytuff
Golbat
Parasect
Dugtrio
Persian
Primeape
Poliwrath
Alakazam
Machamp
Tentacruel
Golem
Slowbro
Magneton
Dodrio
Dewgong
Muk
Gengar
Steelix
Electrode
Exeggutor
Marowak
Hitmonlee
Rhydon
Seadra
Seaking
Scyther
Tauros
Gyarados
Lapras
Aerodactyl
Snorlax
Meganium
Typhlosion
Furret
Ledian
Ariados
Lanturn
Togetic
Xatu
Azumarill
Jumpluff
Murkrow
Unown
Girafarig
Dunsparce
Heracross
Magcargo
Piloswine
Mantine
Skarmory
Donphan
Hitmontop
Miltank
Blaziken
Swampert
Mightyena
Linoone
Beautifly
Dustox
Shiftry
Pelipper
Slaking
Ninjask
Shedinja
Exploud
Hariyama
Aggron
Manectric
Roserade
Swalot
Sharpedo
Torkoal
Grumpig
Spinda
Flygon
Cradily
Armaldo
Castform
Kecleon
Banette
Dusclops
Chimecho
Huntail
Kyogre
Torterra
Infernape
Kricketune
Bastiodon
Pachirisu
Floatzel
Gastrodon
Lopunny
Purugly
Bronzong
Hippowdon
Drapion
Palkia

Current Run: +11 Lines, +28 Pokemon (4 Kanto, 3 Johto, 4 Hoenn, 17 Sinnoh)
Staraptor
Luxray
Golduck
Medicham
Mothim
Garchomp
Gallade
Magmortar
Mamoswine
Porygon-Z
Ambipom
Giratina

Totals: 120 lines, 258 Pokemon (98/151 Kanto - 64.9%, 45/100 Johto - 45%, 67/135 Hoenn - 49.6%. 48/107 Sinnoh* - 43.0%, 51.7% of 493 Total Available Pokemon)***

OP
Zefalcon

Zefalcon

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 14, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
They/she
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Ghost
Moving date got moved up, so you're getting this final part a day early. Hope you enjoy, and I'll see y'all after my hiatus.

Platinum-With-Evos144.png

Alright, let’s go team.

Platinum-With-Evos145.png

Aaron went down mostly well. This is where Plaetmogon can do the most damage, so he got to take most of the team by himself. Miotadorna and Conularia came in to help with Heracross and Scizor respectively. Heracross was scary; it crit Close Combat to take Miotadorna into the red, but that put its Defense down enough for him to one-shot it in return.

Platinum-With-Evos146.png

Bertha was easier by far. Everything except her Gliscor and Hippowdon were one-shots, and those two didn’t do much with the turns they had. Gliscor got frozen by Ontocetus’ Ice Punch, then was stuck being healed next turn and never got another turn. Hippowdon got one Earthquake off, but Miotadorna shrugged it off like it was nothing.

Platinum-With-Evos147.png

Miotadorna and Anomolocar tag-teamed Flint, with neither having much trouble. Anomolocar ended up going down to around half health, but that was after three Pokemon that were fast and tanky enough to get moves off before being taken down. But no one move was doing enough for me to worry.

Platinum-With-Evos148.png

Lucian was a pain like always. Mr. Mime set up Reflect, which instantly made things difficult. Espeon came out next, did over half of Ontocetus’ health with Psychic, AND got the SpDef drop, so I took a chance on switching into Anomolocar. Shadow Ball did a lot of damage, but it was able to take the nekomata down. Bronzong set up two Calm Minds while Ontocetus tried to whittle it down with Fire Punches and let off a huge Psychic before being taken down (thankfully Lucian decided to save his second Full Restore). After that, the rest of the fight was easy, but that start was super rough.

Final fight time. We’re at full strength, so we should be able to beat Cynthia no problem.

Platinum-With-Evos149.png

She starts with Spiritomb and I start with Plaetmogon. Earthquake doesn’t quite KO, so she heals it up and I knock it down to red again. Then she switches to Togekiss predicting my next Earthquake. So I in turn swap to Anomolocar, who very slowly finishes it off with Ancientpower. I really thought that move would do more, but Togekiss is very tanky.

Platinum-With-Evos150.png

Spiritomb comes back out, and I keep Anomolocar in because it got an omni-boost from the last Ancientpower. It really can’t do much with the health it has left and goes down in one shot.

Platinum-With-Evos151.png

I just had to face her ace with Caspiodont. Dragon Rush did a ton, and Ice Beam barely missed the KO. I healed up thinking she’d do the same, but she went for a second Dragon Rush instead. And missed! She followed up with Giga Impact, which also hurt, but our replacement starter was able to finish it!

Platinum-With-Evos152.png

Roserade is a one-shot from Conularia.

Platinum-With-Evos153.png

Miotadorna two-shots Lucario after being almost killed by a crit Aura Sphere. It tried to be sneaky with Extremespeed, but we were healing that turn anyway.

Platinum-With-Evos154.png

Milotic’s out last, but can’t stop Conularia from taking it out with two Leaf Blades for the finish.

Platinum-With-Evos155.png

And that’s it! We beat Cynthia and the rest of her Elite Four without any casualties! How’s that for a climactic ending?

Platinum-With-Evos156.png

With that, our Sinnoh journey is over. As I stated in the first part of this run, I’ll be taking an extended break to recharge and attend to real life stuff. In the new year, I’ll be back with HeartGold and SoulSilver, but until then I hope you all have a great few months and enjoy the holidays!

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker, Completionist and Rule Designer
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Great run as always. Have fun on your hiatus! I'll be waiting for the return of this awesome project!

Users who are viewing this thread