• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Want to get a banner into the adspace for yourself? Submissions for new banners are open until September 30th!
  • The Writer's Locke has released it's final episode! Come celebrate a fantastic project with it's last hoo-rah.
  • This month's feature has an ANIMATED TRAILER and a backpack shaped like a spheal, what more could you ask for? Read Endurance: In Our Blood by purplechug!
  • The Hidden Gems Showcase (2022) is now closed. Thank you all who turned out this year! You can find all the cool content that got featured here. I hope you find a new gem to read!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Mafia (Pokemon) Hacks & Fangames Mafia

Extravanganza Accordian Demo

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
Pokédex Entry
I'd copy-paste the Zorua Pokedex entry, but I'm too lazy.
I don't think Mouse is necessarily suspicious for a guilty result? It's possible that she's bullshitting to cast suspicion, sure, but it's equally if not more probable that either she's a real or fake Cop or--more likely--she's a confused player (either villager or mafia, but leaning villager since mafia Mouse would probably ask her mafia partner what the deal with the idea was first) who didn't initially understand why we're doing this and/or why a fake guilty result is bad, and just made up the first thing that came to mind.

(looks like Eevee ninjad me while I was writing the last two paragraphs and brought up another good point; it's probably the best for Mafia to just blend in. I don't think that fully discounts the possibility I brought up of mafia Mouse being confused, but it isn't likely).

RE: third party, I think Calendar summarized the pros and cons pretty well. I sincerely doubt Mafia would be stupid enough to contact them, while it would guarantee TP has the option to join Mafia if they want it also fucks Mafia if they don't.

Main benefit of the third party being public is that the Cops can easily verify themselves, which I initially wrote off as being unhelpful since we have our insurance thing set up, but a check of the EpicMafia wiki seems to imply that Cop Variants are even shown as regular Cops on death? @Cirr can you verify whether or not this is the case? It's fairly important since if it is the case, it makes our insurance strategy only a 50/50. That said, I think that either way I'm leaning towards not asking the TP to claim; if Mafia chances to hit them with the night kill, it's a huge boon for us. But I'm not sure; there are definitely pros and cons either way.

SprungGeoduck

Conqueror of the Mahogany Gym
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Beautiful
Oh are we glaring at people? I'm... not sure what to make of this, haven't been keeping up with the thread as much as I would like. I don't know why Calendar is glaring at me tbh.

Akane

Screenshotter
Godfather
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 7, 2021
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This pokèmon has a strange passion for the number 9, I wonder why. Bisexual.
but I’m curious if there’s any other factors that would make the 3rd party coming out make more or less sense
If the third party actually does want to win with village, there is a factor.
We want to lynch someone who we're pretty sure is not the true cop, of course.
And well, obviously one can't be the true cop if their investigation is wrong. So, if the third party was "investigated", they could come out in order to give us a free D1 lynch.
We can mislynch only two times, so that would be helpful.

Rueblie

Not worth mentioning
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
Whatever
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
They question if it even exists anymore and it seems annoying enough for them to not want to find out.
Saying she found a mafia feels like a very Mouse thing to do to be honest. Didn’t really bat an eye. Not sure I necessarily see much of note from anyone’s claims though

OP
Cirr

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe) #OnionBoy
Screenshotter
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
I'm gonna say that yes the alt cop will reveal as cop on death, not their actual role

Akane

Screenshotter
Godfather
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 7, 2021
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Uhm we should really organize a lynch.

Corni kinda disappeared, and did not say much in the first place. She was "investigated" by S&PB, the result was maf, that could mean a lot of things as I said, but one of them is also just... Corni being maf.
Yeah, I've got nothing better.
Vote: Corni

Eevee had some thoughts, if I remember correctly; you might as well post them since we don't have much time

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
Pokédex Entry
I'm not sure if I like a D1 lynch. Here's why:

Currently, the split is 7/2/1. However, there's a chance there will be 3 mafia in play; if the Amne happened to visit a mafia yesterday night and joins up tonight:

7/3 -> 5/3 (mislynch + mafia kill) = instant gg Day 2 provided no BP shenanigans, since Mafia has a Sniper and the Amne's shot.

Now, this is based off of if Amne visited a Mafia Night 1, which is unlikely (though possible). However...

7/2/1 -> 5/2/1 (mislynch + mafia kill) -> 4/1/1 (successful D2 lynch + mafia kill) also = gg if Amne joins up with Mafia N3, a now more likely prospect since they've had two days of visits: then the 4/1/1 would be 4/2, double shot go bang, gg.

Whereas if we no lynch today, then the first option would be 7/3 -> 6/3 which isn't quite in double shot territory, so we get another lynch with more information. The second would be 7/2/1 -> 6/2/1 -> 5/1/1 or 5/2, also not double shot territory.

Also, all of these hypotheticals ignore mafia hitting BP/Amne before they join up, but also ignore potential Diabolist kills.

This is a lot of maths and I'm not especially good at maths, so if anyone spots holes in my reasoning, or just thinks it's silly to no-vote based on what the Amnesiac might do, please shoot me down. But my stance at the moment is for no lynch.

Akane

Screenshotter
Godfather
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 7, 2021
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Yeah I was wrong, we don't get 2 mislynches, we get only one, simply cause the diabolist power has probably been used on a maf member. Combined with some amne shenanigans, we can't really mislynch this game.
Let's get some more cop info I guess. I'm fine with a no lynch.

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Godfather
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Normal
I mean if we’re talking maf amnesiac potential, a NL puts us at 6/3 tomorrow, 4/3 with both shots. Which is cool until you realize that maf can diabolist their godfather, since that means lynching the godfather causes us to lose. Along with a third party lynch also causing a loss, since they can just wait until the last moment to change sides. Meaning we have a 1/3 chance of lynching correctly tomorrow even if we hit mafia/third party.

So yeah we’re in a sucky position regardless cause amnesiac with a gun is swingy af, with sniper and diabolist as even more kill pressure. I’d prefer to lynch whenever possible with all these variables.

SweatingCalendar

Alligator Lizards in the air, in the aaaiiiiirrrrr
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
These creatures are often seen inciting wars with the couch potatoes over territory of farmland so that they can have the most sheep for counting
I don't know why Calendar is glaring at me tbh.

It was more of a pressure vote than anything else tho your 2 posts you have so far do remind me a lot of how you played Deltarune maf where we were both mafs, especially since I’m p sure there was a game afterwards where you were more active in the discussion, so that is a bit of red flag for me rn

Otherwise in terms of the lynch or not to lynch, it depends on which scenario makes it more likely for mafia to get to their wincon, tho by the way you guys make it sound, it seems like we’d have to kill a maf this phase in order to avoid mafia being in possible wincon range D2. I can go either way. If we choose to lynch, my gut feeling is Sprung but otherwise everyone else is a bit of a toss up

Glare x2: Sprung

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
Pokédex Entry
Yeah, alright, you've convinced me, Eevee. The thought of Diabolist trapping their teammate hadn't crossed my mind, that's actually nuts; if played on one of the more active members it turns the Godfather-Sniper into a Godfather-Sniper-Terrorist. I guess we hope that our lynch today gets lucky and that Amnesiac won't hit mafia in any of their midnight excursions.

As for targets; it's a quiet game, so I don't really have any strong reads. However, I do agree with Akane that Cornibot is a good target, but not because Mouse gave a Guilty result; I think it's far more likely that Mouse made the result up (or she could also be a Paranoid or Confused cop). But it just strikes me as really strange how quiet Cornibot is. I binged a lot of games recently and I noticed that she is very often one of the more vocal members of the game, or at least more vocal than just posting one nothing post and then dipping. Now, a lot of the village has also been very quiet (and I'm also a bit suspicious of Mouse here) but I think that actually makes the normally vocal members more suspicious, since it's now easier for mafia to sit back and blend in.

...Mafia could also be using this quietness to drive the village forward, so I hope y'all keep an eye on me and my fellow chatty cathies as well. But as of now I'm eyeing the quiet members with more suspicion, and I think cornibot's silence is the strangest.

Vote: Cornibot.

aegagrusScholarship

Problems and Issues Haver
Artist
Writer
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 9, 2021
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
all of them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon craves attention and recognition, but becomes an absolute mess if given either. Often seen starting multiple projects and finishing none.
oh god it’s essaymaf: game 2 lol
gimme a second to catch up on everything then i’ll give reads as usual

also if the confused/whatever cop reveals as normal cop on death, means the spartacus claim is less useful now
still we have two mislynches which is… not bad, at least

aegagrusScholarship

Artist
Writer
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 9, 2021
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
all of them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon craves attention and recognition, but becomes an absolute mess if given either. Often seen starting multiple projects and finishing none.
looking at exactly what claims people made (in terms of the cop claims) doesn’t seem to be that useful in sussing out who’s maf yeah
still kinda suspicious of mouse for the mafia investigation and calendar for the?? really weird message alongside his claim tbh

sprung… seems about as active as she usually is tbh
yeah. corni and mouse being dead is really weird in terms of activity for both of them

fuckit, if i die i die
vote: corni

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Godfather
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Normal
I’m kinda between two rn, one of those being Corni, but even if you’re mafia feigning inactivity, I feel like you respond if someone directly causes you of doing that and get pinged.

The one I’m thinking tho rn is actually Sprung, as a person who’s activity has been very light, and also threw up a p quick defense post when they got accused that was just on the accusation.

Glare: Sprung

Salt&PepperBunny

Author of Finding Your Roots and Little Lapses
Artist
Godfather
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
Rabbits are so human. Or perhaps, humans are so rabbit?
Hello Im back! Sorry Im in two mafia games rn. |D;;;

Im not gonna explain my reasoning for saying Corni is maf. :3c

But I will also say that Corni is in the same game as me, thats being run on my Discord server, and shes been active-ish in that game. Now that could either mean that shes too busy playing that game to pay attention to this one. OR it means that she IS around but has been intentionally staying quiet in this game. Lets see which it is!

Vote: Corni

cornibot

the tiny totodile
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 18, 2020
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is small, but feisty. It's a little rebellious and likes to disagree.
Oh. Shit. Uh. I sort of. Forgot about. This game.

UGH I hate it when other people say that. I'm really sorry fhdhhfjdj

okay well me getting lynched is 100% fair but also really unfortunate cause I'm Snakewood so there's that. Shit. Lemme at least put some reads together before I die. Gimme a minute.

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
Pokédex Entry
I uh

Not Snakewood, I guess?

Gonna unvote: corni for now but I'm watching you buster and I'm watching that clock (...I am bad at timezones but phase ends in just over two hours... right???)

aegagrusScholarship

Artist
Writer
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 9, 2021
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
all of them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
bruh
guess we’re claiming

not snakewood!
oh god if phase ends in two hours i
actually i was gonna say “we need to get a lynch off” but zorua did say that we might not want a d1 lynch, so actually. should we have a lynch or should we just wait

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
Pokédex Entry
actually i was gonna say “we need to get a lynch off” but zorua did say that we might not want a d1 lynch, so actually. should we have a lynch or should we just wait
tbh I'm not sure anymore since Eevee's argument about the Diabolist holds water and then we get into a whole other can of worms since it's basically a 50/50. Ultimately the numbers make my head spin too much. I feel like a NL wouldn't be too awful but Eevee is probably right that we'd want to get one off?

also @Salt&PepperBunny @Akane @SweatingCalendar @KitkatKK2 @SprungGeoduck @Rueblie @EeveeFTW get in here, I don't think we'll be able to rush a full claim but I wanna at least try

and also maybe give your thoughts on voting if we want to try to rush another lynch or maybe even stick with Corni in the event that we don't get a full claim

KitkatKK2

Derp
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 18, 2021
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/She
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon can often be found alone in her room writing or reading. This is because she is an introvert who doesn’t feel like going outside today.
I'm not snakewood

Users who are viewing this thread