• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • 🎊🎊🎊 Happy Nuzyear! The promotional period for the 11th annual Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza has closed. Go read all about these cool runs!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Mafia (Pokemon) Hacks & Fangames Mafia

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
oh god, | n2

Akane

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 7, 2021
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This pokèmon rarely does anything useful. He has a strange passion for the number 9, I wonder why.
Well then, that's actually a really good plan. It's more that there's no reason not to do it.
I "investigated" Aeg, they're village.

SprungGeoduck

Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Beautiful
Okay, I guess we're doing this (after signing up for this game I totally forgot about the weird cop situation)
I also investigated Aeg, they're village.

aegagrusScholarship

Problems and Issues Haver
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 9, 2021
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
all of them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon craves attention and recognition, but becomes an absolute mess if given either. Often seen starting multiple projects and finishing none.
investigated eevee! they’re village

cornibot

the tiny totodile
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 18, 2020
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is small, but feisty. It's a little rebellious and likes to disagree.
I like this plan. I investigated Akane, he's village.

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
Pokédex Entry
I'd copy-paste the Zorua Pokedex entry, but I'm too lazy.
Okay, seems like this is a pretty good turn of events. I had some more thinking after my initial suggestion and came up with a lot of the same problems Eevee did (+ the problem of how easy it would be for mafia to counterclaim Cop to the bp to fuck with village for a couple of days) so it makes sense not to go that route.

I like Eevee’s suggestion a lot. However, I am slightly concerned that it will make it easier for Mafia to narrow down and kill the real cop; that said, if the real cop is putting all of their investigation results in the thread, it may be in Mafia’s best interest to keep them around so their claims aren’t verifiable, so even if they manage to figure out the real cop by like Day 3 in a scenario of “hey this person said villager to two villagers and mafia to one of us and everyone else has said bullshit, this guy’s the cop” it won’t do them too much good.

This is to say, this is a good idea and I investigated Mouse/Bunny last night and she was village.

SweatingCalendar

Alligator Lizards in the air, in the aaaiiiiirrrrr
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
These creatures are often seen inciting wars with the couch potatoes over territory of farmland so that they can have the most sheep for counting
Eevee how do you think of such creative plans every game lajdfkjakfljkfsjalf;ds

I investigated Zorua, he's village

KitkatKK2

Derp
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 18, 2021
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon can often be found alone in her room writing or reading. This is because she is an introvert who doesn’t feel like going outside today.
Ah, yes, Hypo. I’m familiar.
I investigated corni, she’s village.

Salt&PepperBunny

Author of Finding Your Roots and Little Lapses
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
Rabbits are so human. Or perhaps, humans are so rabbit?
I am so confused as to why we're doing this XD But Im also just not very smart and everyones saying it works, so may as well!

I invested Corni and she's mafia.

Rueblie

Not worth mentioning
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
Whatever
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
They question if it even exists anymore and it seems annoying enough for them to not want to find out.
Oh this is a really clever plan

I investigated Mouse last night and she was village

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Normal
I just think too much and my mind likes to think of funny things that somehow are viable for some reason.

Anyway I’m cop and Kitkat is village.

I’ve also determined that out of the responses so far, Calendar and Mouse have the most mafia-esque responses but I can’t throw out votes so uh

Glare: Calendar
Glare: Mouse

KitkatKK2

Derp
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 18, 2021
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon can often be found alone in her room writing or reading. This is because she is an introvert who doesn’t feel like going outside today.
Fun fact: this is a decently common strategy in Showdown! mafia.
They call it Hypo, but I like Spartacus Claim better.
It’s also generally discouraged to give mafia results as a vanillager so Mouse is a lil hmmm
Although a mafia result every now and again is probably a good thing to have kicking around

Salt&PepperBunny

Author of Finding Your Roots and Little Lapses
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
Rabbits are so human. Or perhaps, humans are so rabbit?
Dont glare at me, its rude! >:O

aegagrusScholarship

Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 9, 2021
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
all of them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon craves attention and recognition, but becomes an absolute mess if given either. Often seen starting multiple projects and finishing none.
i got three hours of sleep and then went shopping at like
10 am lol
anyways uhhhh things. things. zorua and eevee are p villagey leader rn but eevee is eevee so i don’t trust him 100%
but it’s also eevee so i do trust him esp. after last game tbh

yeah what;s going on with the mouse mafia result unless she’s actually cop? like. can someone smarter than me at mafia tell me if that’d be a good maf play or not
also i
dont thhink ive ever seen calendar keysmash before

glaring at both of them as well

Akane

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 7, 2021
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This pokèmon rarely does anything useful. He has a strange passion for the number 9, I wonder why.
you can't glare them again, they're already paralyzed

The Corni maf result could mean a lot of things, and Pepper could be randomly "accusing" Corni just for fun.
I have some other thoughts but probably sharing them would just help maf with the mindgames, so yeah. I'll shut up for once.

SweatingCalendar

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
These creatures are often seen inciting wars with the couch potatoes over territory of farmland so that they can have the most sheep for counting
It’s also generally discouraged to give mafia results as a vanillager so Mouse is a lil hmmm

But why tho, isn’t the entire point of the Spartacus Claim to confuse mafia? If Everybody but the cop gave out village reads wouldn’t that clue them in on which villager the cop is?

@Cirr Quick question, I thought that the 3rd party was unkillable, I read through the roles & it doesn’t state that so was the 3rd party being unkillable changed or am I just confused & misread something?

KitkatKK2

Derp
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 18, 2021
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/They
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Idk I’m just parroting what I’ve heard and been told off for

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe) #OnionBoy
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
it's in the roles summary yeah, but basically the 3rd party is unkillable until it chooses an alignment

... should have clarified that, yeah

aegagrusScholarship

Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 9, 2021
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
all of them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
p sure the spartacus claim is just an insurance policy rather than to confuse mafia?? instead of having to out a PR to connect the cops, we’re all just giving “investigations” and if/when the real cop dies, we’ll know who they investigated is legit (or legit scum lol)

even if mafia figures out who the real cop is, they might not wanna kill said cop if the cop already caught a maf bc that’d just confirm their investigations as the real deal
though uhhhhhhh we only have one maf who’s revealable in this game right
still point stands

SweatingCalendar

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
(This is all only if the 3rd party wants to out themselves at all but I it’s too interesting to not at least bring it up, also I just, have no idea wtf else to talk about cuz the thread is dead lol) So would the optimal play for both village & 3rd party be for said 3rd party to out themselves? Cuz that prevents mislynches on villages part as well as one less maf possibility & with the 3rd party being unkillable they don’t have to worry about village or mafia killing them until they choose a side (which they won’t do until the game is over & their wincon isn’t reliant on them being necessarily alive if they’re village so that wouldn’t be much of a fear either at that point). The bad thing would be that mafia would have one less person they could try to kill as a PR (& if they try to nk the 3rd party it sounds like the nk would fail so the 3rd party being secretive would work better if they don’t out themsleves), the other negative thing is that it makes it easy for maf to contact 3rd party but like if maf A contacts the 3rd party & we kill maf B, they can just join village during the night phase, out maf A, & win the game for both themselves & village. I’m leaning rn for the 3rd party to not out themselves to possibly fuck with the mafia’s nk on of the night phases but I’m curious if there’s any other factors that would make the 3rd party coming out make more or less sense

The other thing with the 3rd party outing themsleves is its possible both cops could invest the 3rd party to find out which one is the real cop (cuz I’m p sure the fake cop is going to flip as a regular cop when they die if I remember the roles correctly), tho that would waste a phase where the cops could be looking for a maf, & I only played with fake cops in one game so i might be understanding how the fake cops work, so that might be a bad idea

Alright onto the reads…there’s not much to go off of more than half the players haven’t said much to off of lmao (PSA pls talk so I can judge the things you say better ok thank you)

Tho this is bugging me so

Glare: Eevee

For glaring at me & Pepper even tho Corni & Sprung said basically the same thing Actually now that I’m thinking about it

Glare: Corni
Glare: Sprung

Lets make this a staring contest

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Normal
Yeah it’s just an insurance, plus maf can only eliminate like, two villagers max based off who their one investigatable person is. Plus any mafia reads that didn’t hit that person.

also ima be real I just picked two people to glare at to see what happened lmao. Gotta generate discussion somehow.

Anyway I actually think mouse is village based on that. With every person putting down a village read, it greatly benefits mafia to say village as well, esp with the lack of content rn. Mafia read makes someone stick out along with giving us something to talk about.

I figure that mouse just went, ooh, I get to make a fake claim? It’d be funny if i accused Corni, especially since it doesn’t actually matter. Or if they’re a cop, they’d prob actually investigate corni, so it checks out imo.

Calendar initially ignored the accusation, answering another player and getting clarification instead, which could be maf, but just now they brought up a fresh discussion topic of third party claim to revitalize the thread, as well as counter glaring at me and a couple others. So I’m leaning village here too.

From what Calendar said, Corni esp just posted the one line with their claim and nothing else. So I’ll send a

Glare: @cornibot

too. Give us thoughts on third party claim or any potential early reads. I’ll even hold back on my third party thoughts just for you, since I know my thoughts are the correct ones and I cant have you just agreeing.

Users who are viewing this thread