• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Mafia (Pokemon) Hacks & Fangames Mafia

Extravanganza Accordian Demo

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe) #OnionBoy
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
people on this forum like pokemon hacks and fangames, right? what if i.... dropped them into mafia, or something

welcome to Hacks & Fangames Mafia. the setup is hell, as it should be

if your favourite/ least favourite game isn't in, uh, life's tough, use strategy to deal with it

Rules follow standard mafia rules, reposted here:

Section 1: How to play the game
1. At the start of the game, every player will receive a role PM telling them what their role is, and mafia members will be told who the other mafia members are.
2. The game will consist of alternating night and day phases, starting at Night One. Night phases last 24 hours, and day phases last 48 hours.
3. During the night, players can send night actions by responding to their role PM with their action. In addition to night actions listed in each role description, the mafia can collectively choose one player to kill every night.
4. During the day, all living players can discuss in the thread to determine their next course of action. Anyone can post "Vote: PlayerName" to cast a vote to lynch that player. At the end of the day, if more than 50% of the living players are voting for the same player, that player will be lynched.
5. When voting for who to kill at night, the mafia member that actually performs the night kill is decided by the mafia. This is done by having the visitor of their choice include that they will be the visitor in their night action PM. If none do so, the last mafia member to vote will visit.
6. When a player dies, their role will be revealed in the thread.
7. The village wins when all mafia members are dead. The mafia wins when the number of mafia members is equal to half of the living players. All third parties have unique win conditions explained in their role description.

Section 2: What not to do
8. If you have a night action, and you don't post or send any actions for three consecutive phases, you will be inactive killed. If you don't have a night action, you'll be inactive killed after missing two consecutive day phases. Players killed by inactivity do not win, even if their win condition is met.
9. Don't do metagaming. That's when you use info like "Oh, that guy is using the PM system shortly after the night began! He must have some sort of night action!" Metagaming has many forms, so if you think something might be metagaming, check with the host first.
10. Play for your side. If your actions are obviously aiming to sabotage your team's chances of winning, that is bad. If you think something might count as playing against your side, ask the host if it is.
11. Don't post in the thread at night.
12. Don't post anything that could influence the game after you're dead. This also applies if you aren't in the game at all.
13. Don't copy and paste or screencap anything sent to you by the host or other players as a form of evidence. This is to make your information not super easy to confirm.

Village:

Snakewood - You're Snakewood! Known for such wonders as the Deadly Seven, in this game, you can survive a single shot (that isn't a lynch) due to Kingmadio!

Clover - You're Clover! You are terrible and as such, you can figure out the alignment of one player every night!

Quartz - You're Quartz! You are also terrible, but you aren't quite sure how you are terrible. Once every night, you can investigate someone and you might get the correct info??? You think that you are Clover.

Mafia:

Reborn - You're Reborn! Every night, you can choose someone and if they vote for another designated player, they die!

Rejuvenation - You're Rejuvenation! You can kill things with the power of Pulse! Since people think that you're a better Reborn, investigations view you as good.

3rd Party:

Dark Rising - what are you even. you can visit someone every night but this does nothing. Once a game, at any time, you can decide to kill someone off with the power of a level 50 tornadus. You can choose to join the side of someone you have visited once a game, at night. You don't have a wincon until you join a side

Village

Snakewood: Bulletproof

Clover: cop

Quartz: an alternate cop, randomly selected at the start of the game (confused/naive/paranoid), reveals as clover

Life of Guardians: hooker/glass man

Vega: deputy

Mafia

Reborn: disconnected filibuster/diabolist

Rejuv: godfather/sniper

Uranium: sniper

3rd Party

Dark Rising: (modified amne) can visit a target every night, this visit does nothing. once a game (at any time) can use a kill that bypasses protection. has no wincon, cannot be killed or lynched. once a game, at night, can choose to become the alignment of a visited target. After choosing an alignment, becomes killable normally

Signups:
1. Salt&PepperBunny
2. Akane
3. SweatingCalendar
4. KitkatKK2
5. SprungGeoduck
6. cornibot
7. Anemone
8. aegagrusScholarship
9. Rueblie
10. Zorua3
11. EeveeFTW

Last edited:

Salt&PepperBunny

Author of Finding Your Roots and Little Lapses
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
Rabbits are so human. Or perhaps, humans are so rabbit?

Akane

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 7, 2021
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This pokèmon rarely does anything useful. He has a strange passion for the number 9, I wonder why. Bisexual.

SweatingCalendar

Alligator Lizards in the air, in the aaaiiiiirrrrr
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
These creatures are often seen inciting wars with the couch potatoes over territory of farmland so that they can have the most sheep for counting
Time to grind to lvl 60 to face the 1st gym

In

KitkatKK2

Derp
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 18, 2021
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
They/She
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon can often be found alone in her room writing or reading. This is because she is an introvert who doesn’t feel like going outside today.
I’m in

(Villager is vanilla gen 3 /j)

SprungGeoduck

Conqueror of the Olivine Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Beautiful
fuck it. in

cornibot

the tiny totodile
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 18, 2020
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is small, but feisty. It's a little rebellious and likes to disagree.

aegagrusScholarship

Problems and Issues Haver
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 9, 2021
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
all of them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon craves attention and recognition, but becomes an absolute mess if given either. Often seen starting multiple projects and finishing none.
time to wipe to the first rival battle

Rueblie

Not worth mentioning
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
Whatever
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
They question if it even exists anymore and it seems annoying enough for them to not want to find out.
Wait I hadn’t signed up yet?

In

OP
Cirr

Cirr

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
I... Think I can work with 10?

I'll need to trim some roles, but for now 24h mode

nintendo has issued a c&d against some of these roles so they're gone (or actually because i have too few players)

Last edited:

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Normal
I can sign on and give you another

OP
Cirr

Cirr

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
okay nice

signups closed, roles going out within the hour

All roles have gone out. If you have not received a role PM please tell me.

N1 begins now and ends in 24h at 14/5/22 0820 GMT+8.

The starting split is 8/2/1.

Last edited:
OP
Cirr

Cirr

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
The day has risen on hacks both terrible and not

Unfortunately, one of them seems to have disappeared.

Dead: Anemone - Villager

Day 1 begins now and will end on 16/5/22 0940 GMT+8.

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
Pokédex Entry
I'd copy-paste the Zorua Pokedex entry, but I'm too lazy.
RIP

Bulletproof claim? If they could connect the two Cops that would be a pretty powerful tool since they can work together to figure out each other’s types which would end up getting us at least one and potentially two (if the second one is Confused) cops functioning. And I don’t think Bulletproof really does much for us anyways

I guess Amne could put a hole in that plan with their protection-bypassing kill, but I doubt they’d want to screw us over like that when joining a connected Village with a Cop will be conducive to their wincon

thoughts?

aegagrusScholarship

Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 9, 2021
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
all of them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon craves attention and recognition, but becomes an absolute mess if given either. Often seen starting multiple projects and finishing none.
bruh im still tryin to deal with buttonmaf i forgot these games’ timezones aren’t what i’m used to lmao
yeah sounds like a good plan though

more thoughts incoming tomorrow as usual

EeveeFTW

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Normal
The thing is the connected prs can’t actually like…do much? If mafia just doesn’t hit the bp all we have is cop, and cop is only useful on one person (since the other maf is godfather), along with multicop scuff (second one having all useless potential cop roles). Or maf just CC’s the one role and kills bp. And with only one investigation, we can’t even lynch a mafia result since it’s more likely it was just the dummy cop. Like maaaaybe we do the claim later but for now we don’t have enough to work off of imo.

clearly we do want cop results tho in case a cop dies so I’ve got a wild claim idea.

I call it a Spartacus claim.

Everyone claim cop and your “investigation” last night. Mafia won’t know who’s the actual cop, but if the cop does die, we’ll know exactly what their investigations were. It’s crazy but it just might work. Just keep in mind that the real cop sees everyone but one person as village.

aegagrusScholarship

Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 9, 2021
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
all of them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
that
actually sounds like a solid plan
though exactly how useful would that be since as you said, we only see one person as mafia?

wait im a dingus nvm having cleared villagers is a good thing
there is the other cop to worry about though but uh
wait, do they get revealed as confused/naive/paranoid upon death bc if they do itll be fine

EeveeFTW

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Normal
D1 cop info is about as useful as dirt, so it’s mostly just in case one of the cops dies. in which case having any results is better than nothing, and this way doesn’t require us to have our bp revealed just yet

Users who are viewing this thread