• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Feature team invited you to check out the Hidden Gem Showcase! Give a little love to your favorite runs you think more people should know about!
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Pokemafia 4: Brilliant Village & Shining Mafia

Thread Description
(doesn't actually have anything to do with BDSP, that's just the title of the mafia game)

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
  1. ???
What exactly did localhoney tell you before the claim? I'm either blind or you didn't actually include that, and I'd like to know the specifics of this.
I didn't earlier. They said they were a maf-only bomb which is why this really confused me. If they had claimed a non-Protect role I would've chalked it up into baiting a mafia kill which would truly be the pinnacle of village baits and something I can get behind, but saying "yeah I'm 3p and you basically have to flip multiple coins to ever hope to kill me and I'll eat your abilities that entire time" is the opposite of wanting someone to try and NK you and part of why I was weirded out. There's no reason to hide that anyway because you lose if you die, you don't care...

What I was told was:
"my role is what we all know, that if I'm visited at night, I mummify whoever. From the description, it doesn't seem to have a time limit, so it may be good to try and find the town power roles so they don't get mummified in the night.

I also have the ability to activate Destiny Bond [REDACTED AMOUNT OF TIMES] in the game, and if mafia NKs me that night, whoever carried it out dies with me. The move specified mafia so idk how it would play with third party or a potential vigilante/etc."

"it mummifies anybody using a hostile action so i assume that would include status effects, kills, and potentially the maf member that carries out the NK. unsure about investigation and similar neutral interactions."

They're also asking if I have info to share which makes me feel bad and also a bit confused about coming forward but also aaaaaah this whole situation is bonkers
I redacted the Destiny Bond bit because I think that only really helps Mafia on the freak chance Honey is a genuine 3p.

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe) #OnionBoy
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
hmmm

well arguably that sounds more like a village role than a 3P role

so that may be why they said that to you? but then idk why they'd go out in thread and then say protect instead

SweatingCalendar

Stranger there among 'em had a big iron on his hip
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. ???
Pokédex Entry
Pokémon[a] is a series of video games developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo and The Pokémon Company as part of the Pokémon media franchise
Well this is getting really complicated

Should we just lynch Local? At this point if theyre saying too much conflicting info then how can we trust their 3rd party claim?

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Normal
OK you know what

Unvote: Honey Badger
Vote: localhoney

There's too many inconsistencies I just want to lop off the head of it all. It's either 3rd party playing games or mafia playing games so no more games for you. We don't exactly have any strong leads anyway so it's a safe vote in my mind, given localhoney is by far the least likely to be village out of all of us.

Emitone

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 15, 2021
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Poison
Alright, good morning guys! Just woke up so let me catch up to the chat real quick--

3 new pages

You guys have been busy last night discussing who to vote between me and local. I wouldn't vote local since he might be 3P like you guys said and we already know a lot about his role that he doesn't have any special night actions to harm village.

Mafia will likely push lynching either me or local (assuming they're village) just to get rid of Mummy without getting afflicted with the ability themselves.

So, not much of a real post but I wanted to read through the thread and update my charts (pretty sure they're accurate. I need to spend more time thinking about who I trust more out of local/Emi, but the description of how Copycat seems... weird.

Like, Emi gets to copy an ability but only target the owner of the ability or "use it against them"? How is that useful for much of anything? I read this as: it would make a Doc use their own night action to save themselves, a roleblocker to block themselves, an investigator to investigate themselves?

Will read over the thread in the morning and commit to a vote then.

Player NameAlignmentRoleAttackOther ThingOther Thing #2Extra?
ashtrayscomics2 MovesAbilityhas an itemNo status conditions N1. Did not visit anyone, according to TRUEgg. Not 3rd party
aegagrusScholarshipHas a PokeblockRoleblocked R1? Not confused N1.
greenchu (kesha?)Has a PokeblockParalyzed (vote doesn't count Day 1)
hobohunterHas a blue PokeblockConfused N1
TheTRUEggeMetronome (N1 Lock On)No abilityNo PokeblockNo status condition N1, not targeted as far as they are aware.
CirrNo status condition N1
Alolan FloatzelCan probably make a Weather Condition. No status conditions N1.
Honey BadgerLost a Blue Pokeblock
SweatingCalendarNo PokeblockNo Status Conditions N1
Salt&PepperBunnyDoes not have an ability.Has a Pokeblock
0 Anonymous
localhoneyHas a PokeblockNo status condition N1
MelloNyelloImplied to have Pokeblock?No status condition N1
cornibotHas a Blue PokeblockNo status condition N1
HeatherNo status condition N1
EmitoneCopycatChanged to MummyNo itemNo status condition N1
theCapeNo status condition N1
Norhian SamurNo itemNo status condition N1
EeveeFTWNo Pokeblock. Quick Claw Daykill?No Status Condition
KitkatKK2no attackonly abilityBlue Pokeblock
solaris127h
KirbySSUNo itemNo status condition N1
VGBMTownZubatSupersonicMagic Guard?!?Ability Capsule, which changes your ability to Infiltrator.
KirbySSU (1): theCape
localhoney (5): EeveeFTW, ashtrayscomics, SweatingCalendar, cornibot, KirbySSU, greenchu
Emitone (4): localhoney, Salt&PepperBunny, aegagrusScholarship, KitkatKK2, TheTRUEgge
ashtrayscomics (1): MelloNyello
Posted, no vote: Cirr, hobohunter, Heather, Alolan Floatzel, Emitone, 0 Anonymous, localhoney, Norhian Samur, Honey Badger, solaris127h

I thought Copycat would be handy against mafia, but I'm starting to realise it's kinda difficult when there's more than one of them ;v;

I was trying to avoid revealing my role until I felt safe enough to do it, but it seems like people are really sus of me so here is the role description:

"You are Mime Jr.! You know Copycat, which lets you visit a player and use their own move against them, if they used one that night. You won't be told what the actual move was. Your ability, Soundproof, makes you unable to be silenced."

Emitone

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 15, 2021
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Poison
Accidentally pressed enter before reading the entire chat

SweatingCalendar

Stranger there among 'em had a big iron on his hip
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. ???
Pokédex Entry
Pokémon[a] is a series of video games developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo and The Pokémon Company as part of the Pokémon media franchise
Fuck it

Vote: LocalHoney

Oratleastuntilfuthernoticecuzlikethisjustseemstokeepgoingyouknowwe'vebeentalkingaboutthissituationfor7pagesnowthatinsanelikewhatisgoingonanymorehedidthemonstermashthemonstermashitwasagraveyardsmashhedidthemashitwascaughtoninaflashhedidthemashhedidthemonstermash

Heather

blep
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
she/her, they/them works too
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is a flaming lesbian under a mountain of gender dysphoria. Wheeeee!
So just to be clear, localhoney claimed to be a mafia-specific Bomb to you when there was no way in hell that they as a non scum should have been able to know for sure you were actually village, then publicly claimed an extremely different move in public?

Like, on the surface, the initial fake claim makes sense if they're survivor: if you fake being a bomb, scum has not a single reason to NK you and that drastically lowers your chances of getting ganked because why would mafia ever try to NK you and risk getting bodied?

But if that was their play, there's no reason for them to have changed their tune to being a mild inconvenience to scum at worst. Suddenly, trying to remove LH is just a mafia play to ensure town can't rely on the kingpin vote later, and the only risk is hitting protect, not losing one of their own.

hearing this, I cannot bring myself to believe that either of localhoney's claims are actual Surv plays-if they are, they're bad ones. Given that a town role has no reason whatsoever to lie about their role right now (if you don't trust the person, just don't claim??? That's understandable this early), I can't come to any conclusion but that localhoney is scum, provided 0 Anon is telling the truth. We've already more or less agreed that we should lynch D1, we're over halfway through, and we're hardly getting a better lead more likely than not.

Vote Player: localhoney

Cirr

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
honestly i'd wait for an explanation from localhoney before switching votes

but also idk there are way too many things going on in this game

MelloNyello

El Gran Pepega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 16, 2021
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
Tri/Hard
Pokémon Type
  1. Flying
  2. ???
Current (poorly estimated) vote tally -
localhoney - 6
emi - 2
me being a dummy and going on a tangent - 1
(you guys need 12, right?)

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dragon
alright there was supposed to be a drunk hobo post where I read a bunch of shit and made and amazing point and nail a fucking mafia member like how it always works when drunk hobo posts. Unfortunately a real life emergency came up so I most likely won't post much of anything else at this point in time.

I'm generally gonna stop paying attention to the specifics and details and shit so at this point, if there's a bandwagon, I'll vote for it. But don't expect me to actually contribute to much of anything for the rest of this day phase.

solaris127h

Professional Cool Gal
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 2, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dragon
Ok so everything changed multiple times again. Someone pointed out earlier on the idea of lynching inactive (Kirby + additional?) and I really need to put out that cannot be a scum indicator because who can blame anyone for struggling to follow and contribute to this game atm. If anything, the people contributing less should be kept because they're less likely to flood the page. I'd vote ashtray for spamming on that logic lol, it seems scummier to fluff and confuse and force villagers to throw their hands up.

I don't know what to believe anymore, I thought local's posts reaffirmed my suspicions and then 0 anon says he heard something different. I want to actually examine what 0 anon says first and hear local's explanation too. But by the time I come home like 10-11 hours from now it'll probably be like 5 more pages and we're voting someone completely new :')

ashtrayscomics

Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 14, 2021
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
that's not nice i stopped posting when you asked me to 😭

Cirr

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
the thing is that local has not shown up to say anything either way after what 0 said (i'm still leaning toward local being 3P, but still)

on the other hand, at least another third party hasn't cropped up to complicate matters

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
I’m like 90% sure local was/is asleep so uhh

anyways dang, that sure was a night. I’m inclined to vote either Local or anon—local first and anon second, if anon’s claims don’t match up. It seems like a decent game plan to me??

unvote: emi

vote: localhoney

KitkatKK2

Derp
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 18, 2021
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon can often be found alone in her room writing or reading. This is because she is an introvert who doesn’t feel like going outside today.
Yeah the conflict of what cofagrigus even does period doesn’t work here.
Unvote: Emi

Salt&PepperBunny

Author of Finding Your Roots and Little Lapses
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
Rabbits are so human. Or perhaps, humans are so rabbit?
Fuck it! This is weird.

Vote: Localhoney for the solidarity

cornibot

the worst nuzlocker
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 18, 2020
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is small, but feisty. It's a little rebellious and likes to disagree.
Okay. Hi guys. Boy, this has become a bit of a clusterfuck, huh?

So, I went through all the posts from the beginning and compiled a list of actual, trackable actions that people have taken. Mostly claims to abilities/moves/roles. I didn't include speculation because there's a hell of a lot of that and you guys can all go back and read that yourselves. I just wanted a concise list of quick facts. So here's what I've got:
  • VGBM died as a Zubat with the ability Magic Guard and an Ability Capsule that changes his ability to Infiltrator. Conclusion: VGBM had his ability switched by another player (one with the original ability Magic Guard, and now has Inner Focus). He also was able to use Supersonic to confuse players (confusion = next three actions with a target (aside from votes) will target 1 of 2 chosen players randomly).
  • Third party objective is: Survive.
  • Hobo is confused. Likely visited by VGBM during the night.
  • Floatzel claims there are weather conditions in the game.
  • AS claims that there is a role blocker in the game.
  • Pokeblocks start getting claimed. Was proposed by Calendar, but first claim was made by Greenchu/Kesha.
  • Kesha reveals they are paralyzed (vote does not count for the day).
  • Possible misdirection from Eevee with the Magic Guard/Bounce mixup.
  • Eevee claims a quick claw / gun item. Threatens to shoot whoever posts last.
  • Emi reveals their ability was changed to Mummy.
  • Local claims a Pokeblock but otherwise makes a fluff post.
  • Emi posts the exact text of their ability and claims to have made a N1 visit.
  • Pepper reveals she is paralyzed.
  • A crier/telepath message was posted.
  • Pepper reveals she does not have an ability.
  • Egg reveals she does not have an ability.
  • Honey Badger reveals their Pokeblock was swiped during N1.
  • Egg claims the move Metronome, and says it called Lock On during N1, which revealed that Ash didn’t visit anyone that night.
  • Ash asks who Emi visited during N1. Emi answers with Localhoney.
  • Lynch train on Local starts moving.
  • Local claims the Cofagrigus role, Mummy ability, and Protect move. Tries to redirect votes to Emi.
  • Ash reveals she has a night action, but didn’t use it N1.
  • Emi is in favor of keeping Local alive in favor of lynching a player we know less about.
  • Emi claims the move Copycat, which allows him to turn someone’s night action against them, and says he used it on Localhoney N1 which caused him to get Mummy.
  • Local posts the text of their Mummy ability, which is different from Emi’s (additional “hostile action” phrase).
  • Lynch trains on both Local and Emi continue.
  • Like 3 pages of speculation further……
  • Local claims third party.
  • Local and Emi get mass unvoted.
  • Anon claims a significant inconsistency with Local’s claims and a DM they received. Local apparently claimed a Destiny Bond move and did not specify hostile actions to his Mummy ability in the DM.
  • Emi claims Mime Jr. role, posts text for move Copycat and original ability Soundproof.
  • Votes start shifting back to Localhoney.
(note: I also didn't include each individual claim of Pokeblocks because there were a lot of them and it doesn't seem that important right now)

So, going over this again, I still don't see why Emi would volunteer as much as he did on his own volition if he were mafia. There's no good explanation for that. But more importantly, I'm gonna take a stand here: I don't believe Anon's telling the truth. I don't know if they made up the whole thing, or just added/subtracted parts, but it doesn't add up at all. Local revealing his full role and moveset to a random player like that is a stupid move regardless, but 30 minutes before making a conflicting post and claiming third party to the rest of us is just nonsensical. The Destiny Bond thing is confusing enough, but why would Local have not included the 'hostile action' text in the DM when he supposedly described it as 'what we all know'? Whether he's lying about that detail or not, he's been very consistent about it here. You all are awfully quick to take Anon's words at face value but I see no reason why we should, and honestly, it makes Anon look way more scummy to me.

unvote: localhoney
vote: 0 Anonymous

edit: adding Anon's post to mine so y'all don't have to dig around for it

I didn't earlier. They said they were a maf-only bomb which is why this really confused me. If they had claimed a non-Protect role I would've chalked it up into baiting a mafia kill which would truly be the pinnacle of village baits and something I can get behind, but saying "yeah I'm 3p and you basically have to flip multiple coins to ever hope to kill me and I'll eat your abilities that entire time" is the opposite of wanting someone to try and NK you and part of why I was weirded out. There's no reason to hide that anyway because you lose if you die, you don't care...

What I was told was:
"my role is what we all know, that if I'm visited at night, I mummify whoever. From the description, it doesn't seem to have a time limit, so it may be good to try and find the town power roles so they don't get mummified in the night.

I also have the ability to activate Destiny Bond [REDACTED AMOUNT OF TIMES] in the game, and if mafia NKs me that night, whoever carried it out dies with me. The move specified mafia so idk how it would play with third party or a potential vigilante/etc."

"it mummifies anybody using a hostile action so i assume that would include status effects, kills, and potentially the maf member that carries out the NK. unsure about investigation and similar neutral interactions."

They're also asking if I have info to share which makes me feel bad and also a bit confused about coming forward but also aaaaaah this whole situation is bonkers
I redacted the Destiny Bond bit because I think that only really helps Mafia on the freak chance Honey is a genuine 3p.

edit2: also, if you guys want me to like, quote all the posts I got my fact list from (you know, to prove I'm not just making shit up), I totally can but it'll probably take me like another hour and I need to make dinner first

KirbySSU

Unova Veteran (Though Not In Nuzlockes)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 10, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Likes Kirby, perhaps a bit too much.
so we're just...voting honey now? ok

vote: honey

KitkatKK2

Derp
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 18, 2021
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon can often be found alone in her room writing or reading. This is because she is an introvert who doesn’t feel like going outside today.
So, going over this again, I still don't see why Emi would volunteer as much as he did on his own volition if he were mafia. There's no good explanation for that. But more importantly, I'm gonna take a stand here: I don't believe Anon's telling the truth. I don't know if they made up the whole thing, or just added/subtracted parts, but it doesn't add up at all. Local revealing his full role and moveset to a random player like that is a stupid move regardless, but 30 minutes before making a conflicting post and claiming third party to the rest of us is just nonsensical. The Destiny Bond thing is confusing enough, but why would Local have not included the 'hostile action' text in the DM when he supposedly described it as 'what we all know'? Whether he's lying about that detail or not, he's been very consistent about it here. You all are awfully quick to take Anon's words at face value but I see no reason why we should, and honestly, it makes Anon look way more scummy to me.

unvote: localhoney
vote: 0 Anonymous
the idea that anon is lying is interesting, and it has at least some merit. honey isn't stupid enough to post two conflicting roles, even if they were mafia.
vote: 0 anon

Users who are viewing this thread