• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Feature team invited you to check out the Hidden Gem Showcase! Give a little love to your favorite runs you think more people should know about!
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Pokemafia 4: Brilliant Village & Shining Mafia

Thread Description
(doesn't actually have anything to do with BDSP, that's just the title of the mafia game)

localhoney

the smooth jazz of bastards
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 17, 2020
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Poison
Let's get this out of the way because I am blown away that not only did I get visited n1, my identity has been the sole source of conversation all day phase XD I am the third party. I would've loved to fly under the radar but y'all really were not having that with me. I asked for clarification from Zaa, and all I got was "make it to the end." So, no, I don't have to infect all active players with my Mummy ability to win. I just have to not die, hence my Protect move, as well as the ability to essentially remove some harmful abilities from the board to my benefit. Which also means, I don't need to do anything but survive to win, which means I can win with village.

Why didn't I come forward earlier? Because the sentiment early on was "we should kill if he's third party," and you can see why I would want to avoid that LMAO. And having my second post be "I'm the mummy, this is how it works, and also I'm the third party" didn't really make the most sense to me. Somewhat similarly, I didn't want to come in trying to save my own ass and pull out the third party card, because all that's going to do is seem like a desperation play from a cornered maf member. Right now, there's votes spread somewhat evenly both ways, so I feel comfortable revealing my role at a more neutral position.

As for why Emi's description of the Mummy ability is different than mine, I have no clue. I pushed hard against them because a) it's the only thing we've really gone back and forth on all day and b) the more I can keep away from myself, the better.

If village decides they want to lynch me, that's fine, although if I were in your shoes, I'd rather neutralize the maf and keep an extra vote on hand for a dicey situation later on, esp since our wincons aren't at odds (as far as I understand it) and therefore village can win with me alive.

edit: i am in CST so over the next ~12 hours I'll probably be largely inactive; may read and respond to DMs if need be, but not making any posts on the thread itself.

greenchu

Conqueror of the Cianwood Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 3, 2020
Alright, I think that changes things for me enough to say that it might be best to find another lynch target than localhoney/emi. Assuming we have someone who can investigate localhoney in such a way that does not lose their investigation powers (as in, their investigation is tied to a move/item rather than an ability). I still am not 100% sold on local being 3p, but it's confirmable enough (I assume? Village probably has at least 2 forms of investigation, though idk to what degree) that it can wait. As others have said, local/emi almost certainly weren't the same alignment, so this more likely to me makes emi village rather than mafia.

That being said this is Nuzforums mafia so screwing the 3p over for little reason isn't out of play :madfrog: but if I was 3p here I wouldn't appreciate it, so I think we should show mercy. But it doesn't matter what I think, because I'm Paralyzed!

SweatingCalendar

Stranger there among 'em had a big iron on his hip
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. ???
Pokédex Entry
Pokémon[a] is a series of video games developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo and The Pokémon Company as part of the Pokémon media franchise
Eehhhhhhh I believe you

Unvote: Localhoney

We have 24 hours, we can probably find someone else to lynch, I think this is the end of what we'll find in this goose chase

Oh cool I got ninja'd :p

KirbySSU

Unova Veteran (Though Not In Nuzlockes)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 10, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Likes Kirby, perhaps a bit too much.
Idk while this claim makes sense I don’t think it’s enough evidence for a complete change of vote, at least for me personally. Mainly because of the change of Mummy causes still just not making sense in my mind but Emi does not seem maf at all to me imo. Idk maybe it’s just me being tired I’ll check back in the morning

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe) #OnionBoy
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
to me emi's role doesn't matter at all if local is the third party - either village or maf would have reason to visit

maybe we should look for a lynch elsewhere?

also don't screw over the third party :c

KirbySSU

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 10, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
If we aren’t lynching either mummy, can I just suggest lynching a less active player that only has like 1-3 ish messages? It’ll make things a bit more manageable with less people and if they are maf, then that’s one less to find. I’m open to other suggestions if anyone has any.

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Normal
gonna note real quick that the quick claw wasn't actually a thing I just wanted to meme and pretend to have a gun. If you do happen to be a role that gives guns I'll gladly take one though c;

Anyway, with localhoney's claim, I think we can pretty confidently say that they're not village at the very least. Definitely leaning 3rd party vs mafia saving their own skin tho. Anyway we still have the discrepancy that we could look into with Emi saying the ability affects all actions though, which is decent enough to look into. We do have to keep in mind tho that just cause localhoney claimed 3rd party doesn't mean they're trustworthy, though not a prime target for voting. Like, if we're completely lost for a vote we can default to them but it doesn't really give us much.

unvote: localhoney

This does put us pack on the scumhunting path. Going back to my list, Corni had a pretty solid reasoning for my main point against them and Anon seemed decently helpful in the Mummy shenanigans so I wouldn't be opposed to going towards honey badger. To reiterate my first points:

We got confirmation from them that Milotic* is stealing Pokeblocks which is good confirmation at the very least. Also brought up that Pokeblocks could be given out not just at the beginning of the game which is probably worth looking into. There other post was just a clarification to this one. Other than Pokeblocks they didn't really mention anything which could mean they're just mafia trying to look helpful and post something while remaining under the radar, esp since there only help was just a slight thing.

After that, they've only made one other post was being indecisive about who to vote and not picking a side between the mummy situation, and just puts forward a question of whether or not 3rd party wins alone or with whoever else wins. They also push this under the assumption that localhoney is 3rd party of course. Which, honestly looking back at it, there were a lot of people that were saying they were 3rd party over mafia and acting on that, so there might be some mafs in there who would have "known" localhoney was 3rd party. Granted this also assumes that localhoney is 3rd party but that's much more confirmed now.

This is notably a person that hasn't talked too much, which could be both a good thing or a bad thing, but it's something I'll note here.

Vote: Honey Badger

As for other canidates, hobo's still on that list as a light sus, and panda also has been notably quiet since the start of the game, though they've mentioned that they were reading through and will post in a bit.

aegagrusScholarship

Problems and Issues Haver
Artist
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 9, 2021
Staring at an unfinished writing piece, probably
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
all of them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon craves attention and recognition, but becomes an absolute mess if given either. Often seen starting multiple projects and finishing none.
Yeah, definitely hard lean 'localhoney is telling the truth about being 3p'.

Tired to contribute anything right now. I'll do another analysis post (but not a scumhunt this time) tomorrow when I can actually think.

Also, lemme, uh,

unvote: emi

Salt&PepperBunny

Author of Finding Your Roots and Little Lapses
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
Rabbits are so human. Or perhaps, humans are so rabbit?
Unvote: Emi, not that it matters

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
  1. ???
so uh, I thought there might be craziness like this in play (I was worried about a sniper burying evidence tbh) so I asked Emi ahead of time who they visited. And they said it was localhoney.

So I reached out to them and said I knew they were the Mummy and asked about their role and stuff. Issue is, what they've been saying and what they said to me don't match. So I have no clue what to think.

this is kind of a bruh moment because I was literally told things that don't really mesh with what was said 30 mins later. Like it's absolutely totally fair to lie in that situation, I totally memed about how the survivor should come forward when staying quiet is quite arguably better and Hobo ain't wrong, and randomly reaching out like I did you'd have basically no reason to tell the truth. but to give conflicting information thirty minutes later and claim third party later on, I don't really know what to do or think lmao.

I can really only think of three possibilities here with what happened outside of the info mismatch, which I have no clue about:

1. Honey is just lying hard to try to salvage this and avoid an immediate lynch. Fairly explanatory, Emi's role changes and they freak out. Eevee immediately jumps on them and as things go along voting pressure keeps kinda steady / there's talk of just killing em all and letting Zaazaa sort it out so the third party claim is fair for some D1 pity.

2. Emi is mafia-aligned and they or some other mafia somehow found / were blocked by Honey. Maf freaks out a bit and pushes for a lynch to try to remove the role. My concern here is it means putting a member or potentially more on the table if Honey flips village and day 1 that's a huge risk for what they don't even know to be the most broken role. This also has to assume it wasn't an investigation because we'd literally have another Cirr moment instead. This also only makes sense if Mafia tried to for a kill or other "hostile" action and was blocked, which barring a weird copycat ruling is only feasible if Honey wasn't lying about Protect and actually used it N1, which they haven't said they did.

3. Emi is village aligned and both have been telling the truth, but Honey has just been super, super screwed by the Mummy description *AND* the ruling on Copycat in such a way that is genuinely super sucky, having a redirect be considered as hostile and Emi's Mummy role different from the original yet that wasn't mentioned in the original role description for some incomprehensible reason, and were basically just mega-screwed by weird rulings on the move interaction / inherited role description. This also sucks because it would mean all our info is both true and completely detrimental and leading us to the wrong conclusions.

Heather

blep
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
she/her, they/them works too
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is a flaming lesbian under a mountain of gender dysphoria. Wheeeee!
The game's been going super hard, so can someone actually check post stats and confirm that HoneyBadger's actually inac? Not that I even agree with offing an inac but I feel like Honey's been around.

with localhoney claiming Surv, at this point I just want to know what Emi's old ability was, if they haven't said it already.

KirbySSU

Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 10, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Ok guys really really unrelated but my cat is here I think she will bless this Day

Anyways gn can’t wait for 17 more pages of text tomorrow! :)

Cirr

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
at this point I just want to know what Emi's old ability was, if they haven't said it already.
same, I did mention that I wanted to know this earlier, especially if it doesn't matter

Heather

blep
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is a flaming lesbian under a mountain of gender dysphoria. Wheeeee!
New post in case of ninjas but if what Floatzel is saying about localhoney being inconsistent is true, then I'm not so inclined to believe the Surv claim at all. If you're a Survivor, you say so the moment your role comes into question. There's no reason for you to not, because falling back on a Surv claim after a fake claim fails will ruin the faith that others could put in your claim. And since I feel like localhoney feeling okay with publicly claiming was precipitated by my demonstrating that more likely than not 3P was a joint winner and thus not worth instamurdering on discovery, there's really no reason to have not been honest from the get go.

Honey Badger

Member Title
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
they've only made one other post was being indecisive about who to vote and not picking a side between the mummy situation, and just puts forward a question of whether or not 3rd party wins alone or with whoever else wins. They also push this under the assumption that localhoney is 3rd party of course. Which, honestly looking back at it, there were a lot of people that were saying they were 3rd party over mafia and acting on that, so there might be some mafs in there who would have "known" localhoney was 3rd party. Granted this also assumes that localhoney is 3rd party but that's much more confirmed now.

This is notably a person that hasn't talked too much, which could be both a good thing or a bad thing, but it's something I'll note here.

Vote: Honey Badger

i was about to reply to kirby but since you popped up i thought i'd respond to you as well.

this is my first mafia game, so i hope you can understand why i haven't said much. the discussion has moved so quickly that by the time i think of something, someone else has already said it better than i can. so, i asked for your opinions because the 3rd party situation genuinely confuses me.

local's explanation is plausible to me, but i'm conflicted because as i said, my blue pokeblock was stolen, and i have a hunch that the mystery feebas person not only stole it, but could even be the 3rd party.

now after thinking about it, i agree with kirby suggesting that we lynch one of the less active players.

who exactly? i should have a better idea tomorrow.

Salt&PepperBunny

Author of Finding Your Roots and Little Lapses
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
Rabbits are so human. Or perhaps, humans are so rabbit?
so uh, I thought there might be craziness like this in play (I was worried about a sniper burying evidence tbh) so I asked Emi ahead of time who they visited. And they said it was localhoney.

So I reached out to them and said I knew they were the Mummy and asked about their role and stuff. Issue is, what they've been saying and what they said to me don't match. So I have no clue what to think.

this is kind of a bruh moment because I was literally told things that don't really mesh with what was said 30 mins later. Like it's absolutely totally fair to lie in that situation, I totally memed about how the survivor should come forward when staying quiet is quite arguably better and Hobo ain't wrong, and randomly reaching out like I did you'd have basically no reason to tell the truth. but to give conflicting information thirty minutes later and claim third party later on, I don't really know what to do or think lmao.

I can really only think of three possibilities here with what happened outside of the info mismatch, which I have no clue about:

1. Honey is just lying hard to try to salvage this and avoid an immediate lynch. Fairly explanatory, Emi's role changes and they freak out. Eevee immediately jumps on them and as things go along voting pressure keeps kinda steady / there's talk of just killing em all and letting Zaazaa sort it out so the third party claim is fair for some D1 pity.

2. Emi is mafia-aligned and they or some other mafia somehow found / were blocked by Honey. Maf freaks out a bit and pushes for a lynch to try to remove the role. My concern here is it means putting a member or potentially more on the table if Honey flips village and day 1 that's a huge risk for what they don't even know to be the most broken role. This also has to assume it wasn't an investigation because we'd literally have another Cirr moment instead. This also only makes sense if Mafia tried to for a kill or other "hostile" action and was blocked, which barring a weird copycat ruling is only feasible if Honey wasn't lying about Protect and actually used it N1, which they haven't said they did.

3. Emi is village aligned and both have been telling the truth, but Honey has just been super, super screwed by the Mummy description *AND* the ruling on Copycat in such a way that is genuinely super sucky, having a redirect be considered as hostile and Emi's Mummy role different from the original yet that wasn't mentioned in the original role description for some incomprehensible reason, and were basically just mega-screwed by weird rulings on the move interaction / inherited role description. This also sucks because it would mean all our info is both true and completely detrimental and leading us to the wrong conclusions.

Wait why are people ignoring this uhhhhhhh we should pay attention to this???? I'm not sober rn help what is going on @localhoney explain

Heather

blep
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
Oh that was 0 Anonymous not Floatzel, I'm good at reading I swear

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Normal

What exactly did localhoney tell you before the claim? I'm either blind or you didn't actually include that, and I'd like to know the specifics of this.

Cirr

Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
similarly, i'd also like to know more

also at this point honestly i'd like the mystery pokeblock thief to show up too - if they don't say they're the thief we can assume that they're a maf role and deal with it accordingly

Heather

blep
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
Yeah I have to know what localhoney supposedly said first before I swing one way or the other here. If it's just a matter of some specifics being omitted, that's one thing, but if it's specific mentioned details being different to what was put in thread then I really need a timeline.

Users who are viewing this thread