• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Announcement Peace out, y'all!

Thread Description
imma take my stuff and leave, scuse me please

Dustox

pfp thanks to Bug <3
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 15, 2019
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Poison
So hey, if you didn't notice by my not so shiny name (*sobs*) green name, I have resigned from the forums as both a moderator and a featurer immediately and I will be leaving the community indefinitely.

If you asked me a few months ago, I honestly believed in my heart that I would grow old with the Nuzlocke Forums. I even joked to my friends that I'd be the next (or only) forum grandpa. I have donated a lot of my hard-earned money to keep the server afloat, legitimately suffered high blood pressure attacks and meltdowns during my tenure, and in general, I have gone to hell and back in a handbasket all in service of the forums. And I did all that I believed the forum was always worth it.

Well, it stopped being worth it.

I'm not going to pretend that this decision hasn't been brewing for awhile. I have been on the backfoot for this community because of complete and utter burnout, as well as just displeasure with the state of the community. But the recent discourse was the final nail in the coffin. In fact, when the initial call-out document was linked in Writechat, it just cemented my decision to leave the forums a LOT earlier than I wanted to. I decided to leave after the Extravaganza wrapped up next year instead of two years from now and then when the attacks got worse and worse, I decided to leave after the Spectacular later this month.

It wasn't until a vocal member of the discourse, who was clearly airing out grievances of the staff, went on my real life social media to rub the situation in my face. I believed that was completely over the line and utter gross behavior that I decided to just cut ties immediately.

I do not want to be a member of a community any longer that prides itself on this behavior - dragging other people down to prop themselves up. This was not the community I signed up for. This was not the community I have served years of my life for. And this is not the community that I want to stay for.

Thank you to the moderators and admins that are staying in my stead. It hasn't always been easy, but I have grown to love serving with you and I will cherish the relationships I have grown and fostered with some of you through years to come.

Thank you to the feature team. Despite what everyone wants to say and wants to believe, I am so proud of the work that we have done throughout the years. It might not have always been perfect, but we have always strived to be a positive force in the community and I will stand by the back-breaking work I have done throughout my tenure.

And thank you to my friends in this community who are not part of either. I may be leaving the community, but as long as we have each other, I don't give a fuck about anything else.

Lastly, to everyone else,

Salt&PepperBunny

Formerly MouseWithADinosaurTail
Artist
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Flying
Pokédex Entry
Rabbits are so human. Or perhaps, humans are so rabbit?
Dustox, I am so, so sorry that happened to you. I really am. Thank you for all the work youve put into this community. May the universe treat you well on your journey.

Wishing the best. <3

Alolan Floatzel

super high school level [redacted]
🎇Contributor
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Water, Cute
Pokédex Entry
[is baby]
ily dusty <3 keep in touch

Paine

The doctorate is in pain.
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/him; they/them; she/her
Pokémon Type
Psychic, ???
Pokédex Entry
It never quite knows what it's doing. Yet, somehow, things still get done.
Take care out there! Follow the light of your dreams!
(Just try not to bash into it if it turns out to be a lightbulb)

Xita

Moo
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Water, Dark
Thanks for all your hard work Dusty!

Raverist

Funishment Birb
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pokémon Type
Steel, Tough
God it genuinely sucks this happened to you. To the asshole responsible for this action being taken, I have nought but scorn and pity for your pitiful, prideful ego.

Nobody should be forced out of any community by any toxic members of said community, and I'm personally quite disgusted at the happenstances behind this. In fact, if anyone has trouble with staff regarding anything, then the correct thing to do is to talk to another member of staff, not to stalk someone outwith your own community like some sort of psychopath. Not only is this really fucking creepy, but it's potentially against the fucking law.

You're a great guy Dusty, and you'll be missed, and all I can say on the whole situation is that I'm sorry that your hand was forced in this manner.

Mattman324

Blame this on the misfortunes of your birth.
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
YUUSHA
Pokémon Type
Electric, Steel
Pokédex Entry
KITA KITA KITA
Peace out, Dust. Hope you have good luck in your future endeavors.

Leafia_Barrett

Survivor of the Nuzlockolypse
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 19, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
I'm sorry about what happened, and I'm gonna miss you. I wish you the best in your future endeavors. :(

cross_off

just a gangster, I suppose...
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
he - him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
it was banished for its violence. it silently gazes upon the old world from the distortion world
peace out and take care dustman, thanks for all that you've done

Obelisk

no sleep only wepears
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric
Pokédex Entry
Eccentric 'locker obsessed with Magikarp.
You were the one who helped me set myself on the right track in writechat two years ago, and I sincerely appreciate that. Thank you, Dustox. Take care and keep in touch!

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Bug, Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Thank you, you're such a huge part of why I am where I am today. Stay in touch, friend. Happy travels.

QuietGuardian

Johto League Champion
🌱Featurer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ground
Your presence will be sorely missed. I hope you can take time to feel better.

Fool

I’m too tired for this.
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
Call me whatever you want.
Pokémon Type
Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Don’t talk to me about BW2, ever. I don’t want to talk about it with you.
Woah, I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope that you have continued success in your future endeavors, you were always chill to me. Take care.

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker, Completionist and Rule Designer
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
You'll be so greatly missed Dusty, really. You were always a symbol to me for everything I loved about this community, and seeing you leave in such a *ed up way is so beh and unfair to you after everything you did... You really inspired me as a head featurer, and the news of you leaving left me really sad. I hope life treats you well, do stay in touch, and I hope you'll find other places to channel your creativity into. Take care and thank you for everything. This place won't be the same without you. I'll still maintain a little hope that you'll one day return.

Tailsimp

A Universally Under-Rested University Imp
🎇Contributor
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Tailsimp: The Impish Pokemon. Despite being quiet and reserved, this pokemon is usually very happy to talk and is always excited to help out!
I am so sorry to hear this happened to you Dusty. No one deserves that, much less you. You've been a hard working and great member of this community, and I wish you could have been able to leave this place on better terms. I hope wherever the road takes you, its better for your wellbeing, and that the good memories here are able to outweigh the way its ended. Thank you for evrything you've done, and best wishes for your future.

Dee

THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 26, 2019
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Clever
Pokédex Entry
A regular writer of fanfics and other works, this pokemon loves puns, bugs, and the outdoors.
Farewell, dusty. You were more than just a staff member. You were an INSTITUTION.

Arbitrary

Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting
I don't know you but I don't blame you. This forum is literally just for videogame challenges and fanfiction (things that shouldn't matter enough to cause this shit to happen but I've had forum shit bleed into personal shit before and it's not pretty), it's not worth being hassled over personal irl shit because of it.

glancesherlock

Consulting Detective
🌱Featurer
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 10, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Just wants to stay home and solve crimes.
You're one of the first friends I made around here, and I know this isn't goodbye forever, but I'll really miss working with you and seeing you on the forum.

Godspeed, boo o7 ;;;;

Argentum

My avatar is in fact a dude.
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He, Him
Pokémon Type
Dark, Fighting
Pokédex Entry
A passionate bunch, Argentums are limited by their own minds. Who knows what happens when they break through their mental barriers?
We have never exactly talked, and you probably don’t know me. And yet, all there is to say is I’m sorry. I may not be responsible for anything that has happen to you nor had I known this stuff has happened, but you were done a great injustice which I’m sorry you had to deal with.

But hey, you had some fun and hopefully whatever you do with the rest of your life be just as great as what you’ve done here! So goodbye and goodluck my good fellow.

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This ghost tries to be studious and businesslike, but will squee or keysmash easily. They would love to cuddle every adorable cat in the world.
i don't know you that well but who the hell would do something like that to someone, that's awful

i'm so so sorry for what happened to you

take care, and i hope life treats you well

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)