• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Written Story Johto Teen Gijinka Past the Point of No Return - A Pokémon Soul Silver Nuzlocke

Thread Description
A post-apocalyptic storylocke about Pokémon people trying to survive.

Sparklepop

The Electric Dreamer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 30, 2020
Nature
Sassy
Something has gone terribly wrong in Johto.

The year is 2096. The sky has turned black, once-prosperous cities have become ruins, and a strange influx of magical abilities have occurred in the populace. During these troubling times, however, Xander finds an egg that may hold the secrets to the magic that has invaded this world. There’s just one problem on his journey to hatch the mysterious egg… A sinister organization that seeks to take over the wastelands.

The Rules
  1. Loved and Lost - If a Pokémon faints at any point in the game, it is considered dead and cannot be revived through any means. After the Pokémon dies, it is to be placed in the Pokémon Storage System in a box named ‘Valhalla’.

1. Limited Encounters - I may only catch the first wild Pokémon encountered in each area. If the first wild Pokémon faints or flees, there is no second chance to catch a Pokémon in that area.

1. This is a Gift - Gift Pokémon do not count as the encounter for the area they are obtained or hatched at.

1. Outsiders Prohibited - Trading and Mystery Gifts are strictly prohibited.

1. Everyone has a Name - All nicknamable Pokémon are to be given nicknames.

1. Never Turn Back - The battle style must be changed to “set” in the options menu.

1. Only So Strong - There is a level-limit for how high my team can be, this is based on the level of the next major battle (such as a Gym Leader or Elite Four) and if a Pokémon exceeds this level limit, then it is to be temporarily placed in a box until the level limit changes.
  • Violet City: 13
  • Azalea Town: 17
  • Goldenrod City: 21
  • Ecruteak City: 26
  • Cianwood City: 32
  • Olivine City: 36
  • Mahogany Town: 38
  • Blackthorn City: 43
  • Pokémon League: 50

1. No Shortcuts - Quality-of-life features, such as the Day Care are prohibited.

1. End of the Line - The Nuzlocke is lost if all Pokémon are killed.

Sparklepop

The Electric Dreamer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 30, 2020
Nature
Sassy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Chapter 1 - Attacked
Coo, coo, coo.

I woke up to the sounds of the pigeons, their blue and gray feathers in front of my face. Opening my eyes in order to glance at them, I soon felt the glare of the sky forcing me to shut them. Shaking my head in order to get rid of the headache, I soon got on my feet and swept the dust off of me.

Lowering my body in order to open the zipper on my backpack, I checked to see if anything was stolen. Thankfully for me, nothing was stolen, so I threw my backpack onto myself and went into the wasteland in order to gather food. Stepping into the grass, I started to crouch, arching my head in the air and sniffing the scent of the birds. As the smell of their feathers entered my nostrils, I pulled the whistle around my neck to my mouth, blowing a call that led the birds right to me.

Coo, coo, coo.

I heard the birds making their calls, they had no idea of their presence. I pulled out the gun that was within my backpack, and with one loud bang, the nearby birds were killed. Some of them were directly hit, others were in the line of fire. Nevertheless, they were all my prey, so I took them back to my home and laid each one of them down.

Walking further and further away from the birds that I had recently killed, I darted into the broken forest next to my home, hiding myself and raising my head above to sniff for any potential threats. I detected nothing, however, so I raised my body up and started to approach the trees, stretching my arms out and feeling the wood of a carob before I sat down and started to breathe.

Smoke entered the sky through my mouth, the black fog flowing as the birds started to hide for cover. With smoke now in the air, it started to ignite, small embers falling onto the nearby tree and burning some of the leaves off. As they fell into my hands, however, the scent of toxins entered my nostrils and my throat started to tighten.

“W-who’s there.” I coughed, quickly placing my hand in my backpack to find my gun.

“We are.” A harsh, female voice said.

Hearing the sound of another’s voice, I soon turned around and opened my eyes to see who was there. Standing near me were three individuals dressed in black clothing. A short woman with curly purplish-black hair, a taller, scarred woman with noticeable teeth and rounded ears, and a ginger-haired man with bright red eyes. Closing my eyes to not be blinded by the smoke, I aimed at the most dangerous-looking of the group, the woman with the scars, and shot her chest. I heard her body hit the floor, but before I was able to reload, I felt my own body fall to the floor, pushed down by one of the individuals who was currently attacking me.

My heart beating a thousand miles, I felt the skin on my arm start to rip, but as I opened my eyes, I saw the ginger-haired man biting me like an animal and the curly-haired woman emitting a strange gas out of her body. I thought I was going to die at that moment, my inexperience in fighting costing my life, but as my body started to warm up, I soon started to realize what was going to happen.

“CURTIS! RUN!” The short woman shouted as she started to bolt. Soon enough, the ginger-haired man who I presumed was ‘Curtis’ let go of my arm, quickly leaving the area as a flurry of explosions started to occur around me.

Smelling the scent of fire in the area, I ran for cover, trying not to get killed by the explosion that I had caused. Running for my life with smoke and flame all around me, I heard the scream of Curtis and his companion, the two of them also trying to find cover in the disaster that had occurred. As I continued to run through the wasteland, however, I soon felt the scent of the fire disappear.

I had survived.

Stretching my hand behind my back, I noted that only part of my bag was burned. I sighed in relief, thanking myself for choosing the fireproof bag out of the garbage pile. I did not make it out of the explosion unscathed, however. Most of my clothes were burnt off and even parts of my skin were seared with injuries. I knew I had to rest. So I started to lay down, my stomach growling for the food I needed to obtain. It was already late, so falling asleep was not too hard, but my dreams were filled with worry. I had gotten injured, my gun had been burnt up, and I had killed someone just to defend myself.

I just hope tomorrow goes better than today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)