• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
Thread Description
A Paper Mario themed Pokemon SoulSilver lorelocke by a decidedly 3D Bowser. Last update: Chapter 8 (11/14).

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Trollkitten : 🤞 Please don’t be boring, please don’t be boring… 🤞

@Empty Sun :

@RubyClaw : Yeah, it really wasn’t. :( The real problem with Deep Cuts is that Kenya is almost always on my HGSS teams, so I’d like to try something different. (Oni Blood doesn’t make Fearow too different from how it normally plays.) Yes, that’s my guidebook! I bought these for every Pokemon game between gen 4 and gen 7. I always tell myself, “No, you don’t need to dredge these up. The Internet has all the information you need.” And yet, how else am I supposed to flex my Poke-fandom to people who see my living space!?

@SayleeK : I must admit to being excited to listen for the Charles Martinet voice easter eggs. My takes on the cast are the same as yours: The comedic actors should be fun, and Chris Pratt is… gonna be Chris Pratt.

@Spectacles : And the Houndour line continues to get the short end of the stick! You can only get Houndour before the Hall of Fame in Platinum and X! Technically, Poke Pelago in Ultra Sun too, but Poke Pelago encounters are so weird that I usually don’t count them. >_> It is a grave injustice that needs to be fixed if we ever get Johto remakes re-made! 😤

@Skarmizard : Same! Why Johto felt the need to hide so many of its Pokemon, I’ll never know.
AOTD: I saw the Sonic movie when it debuted in U.S. theaters (Valentine’s Day), and that was an amazing experience, so I want to see if I can chase that Sonic movie euphoria. I need a Mario superfan in my group, though, to match the energy the Sonic superfan in my group had….
woHj2i24LXQpduQQxBNji65RznjZrlBrCT6k56VCjbuy3o1ub-dRHkkh0kTPsUrK0POHM7EPaTRItD5N6eoQ3gqAtx8tFITpvDeMDaJwnyT3S8cgiGGTpoJQMoXOILadxmOpXW4

bWchzBmhKYvieisu-B2y1YICh_4khuHxY94a6yUrIh24lyEgFOTWKf4vEeIaya7M8UkTMXY1HOqh3tHDDvpOb-4FKfnv8rcxR8HHrDCXadj-m9ZeUv4W2ATJjQ9yOzJeAzsTnBI

Luckily, just like Zuko, Tubba Blub is a good dude and will help you get out of here. *hides the ghost bodies*

ftwh0YhAFtVbBN44R-5Rfu4RAiONh64R1FoSwUH5iXYNir4MgtnreO8u_b6Ubb6_uAU0e3R86TimB0yY_5WLN1SrIslVWniXHg_l6umGbsXPmZ9wXI02fykLBPZY6T61EJuuEGw
ILEX FOREST IS ONLY DIFFICULT TO TRAVERSE BECAUSE ITS ENCOUNTER RATE WORKS LIKE A CAVE 😤

GqyGJwypyn0nxxkulsg1Xoy8e5XVQZjMTl3ujWWN6lJwkLE-Y4ElGZ1_SO626UEkitlT5Ed92JBSGovDZGacrwAbDN7Wwf1zzXt4-8wdqwEzXDD0Z0UlXfgpQmxRw2affa1sPQ0
You're right, Tubba Blub, the Ilex Forest encounters are good EXP for you.

lzpXC_rBsaKAFN3OBoCo7Uc0gCljQLdmru62GOSedtvgba1OGMamv9j1pPYBhgFgTAQGBzmvmgdVnUBUe4J_HkBc3yv9UONwueavqF_JfiY5EImjzZtRWUzTmIFKRgcxIrNWRDA
Case in point! Level 17= Tubba Blub learns Wing Attack, replacing Astonish! Look upon this image in delight, mah boi—this peace is what all true gen 4 warriors strive for!
hBYki64BafUyedHpYDNrDgGeIH3qlupGY2nzQf42s5fqoxq94OCH00vdtwnsN_f6GiFHdz8cfyLqRFQ9yMbPeIjQMmLMmKGeakShUzML0ix0VRKWhv51R5CprolkSm9hSqxjdF8
☮️ At last, STAB has come along~

1B-8xar2CFSp3r9pZqfiKI57sXIea7lrd1PFalTNxdy3qRwT5GB8kybCElqqY8xJO7DGyqT95hXU6xl-cJh7F-dzU1tAI3Vt42nmzx9nkAfjHBNAZokJvhzPbK3BV3l9JGr6n7A
Confirmed: Ralph is a bottom tier dad.
XdaPrVPrxvYZMuSWlCnr3YzGviNICCGh-jzEW8W53duM7iMyqDoA09JgHG_zWGzV-f8ZCFFN9qHWp-dAHx3EtKLKE4k-M2tGMZ69jU6NxAZalJIMCKU-xMJ-hQSVd2FfEoJrmD8

Speaking of bottom tier, let’s hope I don’t get a bottom tier encounter coming out of Ilex Forest and into Route 34. *sweats in 5% Ditto chance*
lWHuGdsQ0-yZQNwykzIpDqqb14bsjUEEnpXHIKhbe9ftUh1NIHN9ioNpH5dQKMw0W8mc_yMjSKDgRx7Y6Ye3EkqiLLOtugCz4VYsEgEUFcYDT_JrXiRAIPKBFLARTu_80HQSJz8

CEwNwuA7T3tGWS0tFLgGA56L6sC-zjdzzsH5UA_EVYkyINi7wrayYjxtypmqUYUL49Zmm0h3HbvYqgat3w9U_GKwtvhW6jjbJvqT6-ktxZTy7u9JbOpNEFevS-vxbSSRiOglVJU
Ooh, a female Drowzee! Great for Whitney!

Even if I choose not to catch one because of its lorerule, I need a Drowzee to get Muscle… 👀 Speaking of lorerule, let’s see which one this has….
b_eF4UMoGwxFJ1QlMjn2UPyikshGf_0RpJIvMDvY2xG_Pmq50vqvfOTujAAyTR9jkg9VG2RGOxAwFL1c_4VHxWhViqp7eY8Xe_KxNONK3j0m0d69-OPRNHRA6Hm0mVw0YDknKqA
While Drowzee/Hypno is in your party you may ignore the effect of lore rules of Psychic type pokemon as you catch them and may cancel the lore rules of every other Psychic pokemon in your party . Drowze/Hypno can’t have two moves of the same type. You can use HM guides (slaves) instead of teaching your pokemon HMs.
While Johto doesn't have that many psychic types, the ability to use HM guides is a boon. (*screams in Whirlpool*) Although @RubyClaw , does a Chosen of Ganesha need to be in the party in order to use HM guides? 🤔 Even if that is the case, only having one psychic STAB move isn't much of a loss in a world before Psyshock.

Would I Use This Pokemon?
Yes (preferred lorerule).

XZAgJWHLejAtifgZW3y-R-AZ6f8VBWCL3kumfX4UxaYvLvXCqkBRnVYkX-iW5KLYygVeKMNp66ZunaB8gWxQz1VIe49q-SsymalnEm6ZYUKdM9fu2qSyVZLMBbwZMbz75F7lPuU
Route 34= Merlee the Drowzee: Chosen of Ganesha.

l6n9ORnASAhv7Fu7w7dAyY2CLQoMvWeCgZ4BruHSHWD60N8Mxc0G4IM2NrLQAIJBRVJq_C9W1QbqOJ-gOl3T5sr7md4QQ2rRZcWeZSkM6P_j_hS07o3e-TGjxmnFfRJgdJ_6ExY
CiZu4GwZkqrHxHhVV3cQw0bxoFVPV_R5sqExbhKgU0b7cEVtTHd3AeF5Bau1bZROFF_-7IZawVFX4npAXOqLtwezH1AuoUJaMRvrzLW-q5BCfvuD6LdLECBc5ZiTf7UnylqwQcE
I had no idea she was in Super Paper Mario as well as Paper Mario 1 and Thousand Year Door??? The more you know! 🌈

Now to catch a second Drowzee for Muscle~

Wait. Since I'm not rolling for that Drowzee, I should roll for Muscle.
JRlh1M-3nEFAKtDTOgv6E3uNQf-kSDJbt-UvWyx1hVvjHy_PLGcL_S7OG7YYAWHlg6BoPtTAjCcKzs_FQsNGOhZ6xZjEnYqW8QSjKxnT7j1oz8a7VEInyHfvs5wtPblFOyzVcOY
This courageous Pokemon must be placed first in your party while you are walking in a forest, cave, dungeon or evil-team building, in which you never travelled in before.
Considering that many caves are full of rock types anyway, putting a fighting type up front makes logical sense. Although if I were encountering a rival fight in a cave/evil team building (both of which happen in HGSS), I would need to put Goombario up front right before that battle, right? @RubyClaw At any rate, I have no intentions of bringing this Machop anywhere I'll need its guardianship for, so let's go!!!

Would I Use This Pokemon?
Yes.

gSD47VdPqqipCkBgoy-3FBQqtXfZO8BJ6NjcCuHfhZVgCwU9cGbSiR4vnrO67acxEXhm7i8U2rp7-TNfecpeDgHr1_aCJ1acj7C0uO2ScO2L9LzAWEVnv1cqiEJaMkEka3vD5zk
BOWSER HAS KIDS MA'AM AND THAT IS A CHILD

Grandma and Grandpa (Lyra’s):
lxvYLSbLhx6KNS58_d_HHcz4kjZ8qS-GRcn_g6pps6HCXGvrfQCelcNQ-OQox19hxCv5cWqE0qJvLCK0-SUNfcc2gZWDxfVRDKnDs-zSRsaJwp5pGQuVnGQ76AY2yWq8hbZDW70

HDALlQ8RdnOwUqmcS-PuMk0iddLpcWIX56h5pXF-X6fa3ZIOrFyxgqOI-UZH8dfRbtOFWTq0mhtTaXezTE_eXdkfx-jmt2A4AnecLrPRLMmZqjr7jSDyVuabxEvtNwuCwZd5kjM
When? Bold of you to assume I won't want to live la vida tediosa. (In a game where the Day Care can "ping" you, why can't they call to ask about what moves your Pokemon should learn at the very least? 😭 Thank goodness this issue is null in Sword/Shield.)

iIBXUUDiQnnZ0x4a7UMtoBMcZk-io8pye6WSerAk27JDvykoP04sFkDTs2Dx5Gts0L3mDKPjcq8F-Zz-P7jwXjCU2rw_nnpOBTrT_DAWK700wfIbRY7iH6gXv8jcb178teRVxS8
Wait, is this for real? Pre gym 3 Ultra Ball???

mVHiXM3O9jxC1vnxmGWStooyzLMOFLHw_nCHazl2WxoUFsMUjuQv0n-XLYmSGPh2cGKHat4xyl8ib_c4NwNllQraAj5hj_3Tsn_qP_FIhoSlhMsvAx1G8k9fqDLy3qQN6TwTV8s

QH6z0E3oA6Ch-6LgRkPTIG-4BxN4-HWHigI2gCrVP635nOyYmoE4aPPR1jEuy3xQdqkVtY4fXEDofAvsc7B9q-wI6orO5DB2rcgEgOtawg7BaoVfGIxK46enyGhhgofkDnGpUko

WiPuVMHnlw3k0yLaQiBwX4bBdxGceCmxMgpGTRN4148qgYlx60q6VWZssrbWbnVJUjER-5sxW2aAW8UwGetzgCpzlBgdyXPxIxRYBU4HEhlU2N4D5wz8YcUgxLJQKuEB6x4Z2iU
Sorry, Tubba Blub, I need to train up Muscle our coming attraction for Whitney. 😔 I don't want to use her long-term, but I want to have her at least trained up.

64_BDmmDk0YETtD71Eg7XOEIdxNQNeINvjJuv77oEkzhu0zd_zEtrDBrtgDgmPZ5uLLKTWqpV5WYQIc1YiZUG6jW7er_B6hyVR4hQQ2p6DNeppU6oh4wNwIWxMx9-Yv2wgbT1lI
Kids, if you get an offer like this in real life, the correct answer is no.

WPSIWpUDY-7nBlOF-rVlSyFuShWWs1FrVVg94uXMKZGWowT_2ujeQBvKv3pEyX7bxko5h044Xka4FprvhL7-fDkIMjaUvgzuMsMiQulydx_yvEu6VSu2jJJasLt9V0VnWvtIbLo
Not letting kids have unfettered access to agriculture when you have an endemic endangered species of tree to protect, I see. Good move.
yGP9PU9MosDZ_obOPVWUPLK4vD0AphGgDT2FF-ScjHU6m80GGMI_eBmGasTAR9m5LXWIREE4btdwH3TCAhDH_Ftpo_7pWUlwUskoQNLc_zxEkffjvp-ZVuDaSHpryzgmeB86U1Q
No, not you. I was referring to Apricorn Trees.
YXzQbsPYUHbX4W_N_n7CtmdB9Y8vUfJ_Hfau7xp6sDnctk56IvtrRTbkBk37lUZ2tEW7Zldg4vB1SyNvp4ecSaqXefgoAcMuDMFm6VzHHb47Qi9rygwk5L4GSpfq2rLf11mlZug

-_2s6oAG_bgfb67Nivm5wXVIi5l1wBxfY8g_jRFfd81ce0HKqfIl1uf4LrOEZsY5_kOB3AJTmNhPbn2PCl9AYBIavOi6Ffm2HAONnY9kUXODLgd1JeBxf38hHuiZA1lq5jViYeE
...Do I buy it now? 🤔 Bayleef gets Light Screen at level 36 in this game, but Meganium doesn't get it until level 40…. Oh, who am I kidding? There's no debate to be had! Dual screens is too good! 💸
wuRnTX5ZWn5DsBOPD6bX107_qmxZShzUEIgxMg2Z5ZrXbz4osYj-ePFTRXDK5AEn4Nt-6yjrH1RNSbb4tpg0detoTbKhBli9or1sDDUjLV-iEJzP31oEQNPY5O8HjdMonmTj24A

5h_tzA1jRxFipGLWDHhUHxXAzZJExGVf5-8GclH4dxlqTPJtFr0cnN8q78CN_mSeRdgj4Ifwen0BSPKxCYiwI8A0ifh7zKre60mvIJxr5d_0bQgAXca2fFsZ6FAXaak91R5r9E0
And, honestly, the TMs Light Screen and Reflect are cheap. Seriously, if you're struggling in any nuzlocke (or, at least, a nuzlocke of a game where these moves can be bought, like HGSS and DPPt), invest in these moves.

Well, now that Goombario has ascended, let’s go to the movies!

az96yJV71vuxPi06j8Y4a_gkXoFHpClLbOpdo_x16exFjRCWC2TR1dj4R47459NPy93blYCFdOPYhvw0JccH71KmCPNrVUcL_Mi9reIqKwnR1DeFbtlVDQY3gxxbCOWGKEHEsdA
Goldenrod City= Muscle "The Master" the Machop: Personal Guardian.

sI3y3fE7pNqydg5DxhrObY2a69vfxt3DSE1HNbINlymHPDxde4-bwPSrz2p7v3pRPBjGnICOkhMhIQzOtXAsZ_05euIT_-Gcpa2wV0TV73nSv9bWXl3rrqRiSGGwmtQyDtD_1Q4
urFEnVH8vWGNEFOSb6Y4ALEJLUhHNaPMRhK0OMn0NqYDm64EpUGTwCBP7Pv_Nnop-3otK4L0EG91RiNIjNR_Wl2_btPRjAGnmSbArk1eQSZznCIWXJEkfPI52WD045hrlWlIbV4
Between your immunity to Whitney’s Pokemon’s Attract, your guaranteed + Attack nature and great IVs, and your held item, you are certified fresh! 🍅

3Q5L5lDgx-UGAG0egJr_Zc4eJGqZeYnRbWlaFZ5VasRUpZKfbKVaQ1ic8qyE8GgeNkfJ7JM0gxW3Hg-EBcEzJa17BbzifSKWrCcDfhiEDLS_RrH_fnWsJGDB4TOAWeTPm0cfgpM

E8ornV7B3tv8xqdELF_c9BO-5_xNvCnmneQzn3nghc4VCKFhA0CxZw1eNf4JentLQx9gExAGJZekl8n8bf-LPc_gY2CRdbCAwf-GEpNxyJe-lc01tos-CHSO5F7DBZ82L1wg16c

Ag58btL9kBNphDWiCC1C6deC_7qL6yvp9w2Uet2fyHeQhH3E2dIdTciwhHRYDM3bGaFluup5wMeDC4LszqGOZN4zkw5K3GY8WxVrdiIbfNu9v5exegESz8CJL85jcsMX9JxL1rA
Keep up the good fight, environmentally-conscious florist. o7
QOTD: What would you say was your best example of encounter luck?

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual lorewriter and worldbuilder. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Probably my 'best' example of encounter luck was in my Let's Go Eevee nuzlocke (the one I based Ori's Gift around) where I got a Caterpie in Viridian Forest, only to suddenly spot a freaking shiny Metapod in the grass and immediately Shiny Clause it. An excellent example of really, really good encounter luck paired with hilariously not-good encounter luck.

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
My best encounter luck is probably still running into a Cubone first in Lavender Tower in my old FireRed run... Carrie my BAMF beloved ❤️ Did you know that Marowak can learn Blizzard and Fire Blast? Lorelei and Lance never saw her coming >:D

Empty Sun

that's right, buttholes
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
It might eat you. It might your relatives.
I Believe In Muscle Supremacy

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker, Completionist and Rule Designer
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Does a Chosen of Ganesha need to be in the party in order to use HM guides? 🤔
Sadly, the Drowzee has to stay in your party for this to work. That's true for most passive positive effects in lorerules unless it is specifically stated or implied otherwise.

Although if I were encountering a rival fight in a cave/evil team building (both of which happen in HGSS), I would need to put Goombario up front right before that battle, right?
Ooh, it is always tricky when two lorerules contradict one another, but in this case I think it's pretty clear the intention was indeed that in those rare cases the Symbol of Imperial Authority rule will be the more dominant one. So yeah I agree, Goombario first.

BTW I admit Personal Guardian is one of those older rules I made when I just started coming up with the lorerules and even though I really like its flavor it has some bizarre mechanics. But hi, that's part of the fun of the lorelocke right? How different every rule is.

Best encounter luck? Hmm, nothing specific that comes to mind. I did get pretty lucky over all though with my encounters in both my randomized Nicknames Alphabetlocke and No-PC-Box Nuzlocke having very diverse solid teams when such rules can really screw up with you if you are unlucky.

CasualGameFreak

Discord Resident Extraordinaire
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
Pokédex Entry
Despite being a Grass-type, Casual is a flaming lesbian. Fire and Grass don't usually mix, but somehow it works out here.
My best example of encounter luck... probably a Wonderlocke I did in Y like five years ago.

Let's see... my starter went for a breedject Deino, my first catch went for a 2IV breedject Vulpix with Pokerus, my Route 4 catch was a White Flabebe (1% chance) that went for a breedject 3IV Misdreavus (literally my second-favorite mon of all time), and one of my catches between gyms 2 and 3 went for a 5IV breedject Feebas.

All four of them ended up on my final team and kicked serious ass, with the Feebas (eventually a Milotic) becoming my MVP.

Last edited:

Lumaeus

The Hero of Vine
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Brave
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is trying its best to fight the good fight.
Congratulations on making it further in such a complicated run! I look forward to the Whitney battle, as well as to the trivialization of catching things with those super-early ultras.

Best encounter luck would prolly just be in Let's Go Pikachu when I was just beginning to work on rounding out my box, I ran into a shiny charizard out of nowhere. I wasn't even thinking about that yet!

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
Two solid catches and neither one has a detrimental lore rule, nice! I think I can already hear Whitney crying (not that I want her to cry, but obviously I want you to have a flawless battle).
Question: either an Adamant Kangaskhan in Moon, a shiny Adamant Whismur in Emerald, or a shiny Naughty Staraptor in Diamond (less than an hour in, too). I also got a shiny +Attack Trapinch in a Moon wonderlocke that came with EQ/Rock Slide/Crunch.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Trollkitten : You @ Caterpie:
n1-OlPF252ICj5tuRAltXGyutGjPxcpaiDS_f8EYtveTJ-aNTeM4MJiim5tiEVcVuRbJr7d8uvDzBz-baPSqt34wVodTtwa_w197KzwWhtptBWh6JZd_yWd-OzkAp59prjtZEhU

@SayleeK : Aw, a Cubone in Pokemon Tower! :pleading: That tells a story. 👀 I love when Pokemon have unexpected coverage! (Which is pretty rare before gen 4.)

@Empty Sun : 💪 ❤️

@RubyClaw : Good to know! might need to make a training playlist for merlee then I do love the flavor of Personal Guardian and the story potential of Goombario and The Master butting heads. No PC Box runs are something I could never do! (And Alphabetlockes are so fun to read but with your team in constant flux it’s hard to manage resources.)

@CasualGameFreak : Wonderlockes are always a source of such interesting encounters.

@Lumaeus : Hooray for early Ultra Balls! Let’s Go shiny hunting looks so fun, since you can see your prize.

@Skarmizard : Shiny and a helpful nature!? You are blessed!
AOTD: I got an Adamant Gible in my first Platinum nuzlocke. I love you, Escargot! ❤

Level 13= no Foresight on Muscle.

Level 19= no Seismic Toss on Muscle.

I could go north of Goldenrod now, before Whitney, but I don't see any encounters there that will help against Whitney, so… (If you aren’t allowing the use of in-game trades and you also got unlucky with Heracross, I will note that in HGSS, both Nidos get Double Kick at level 9, which they will still have regardless of if you catch a level 12 specimen or a rare level 13 specimen on Route 36. And by “rare,” I mean “SoulSilver exclusive.” For some reason. >_>)
gdITJa-TXmAsRHXgqdNBkfInZ7G3pNj8daK5l3SkBsdulzT0cXbDv0HE17CuoxkLwkFiPv2kDOiABkjTuuezdrCljKTFv94SbVNEQgr3q7EAkIKbWpEv2ZWQsQTYM-_kVGrRKY8
I’m all for different versions of the game having different encounter tables but is varying the levels of the encounters by one really the best way to do it..?

GameFreak:
LjA2kKd-a43redTHJhzVl3907MQA9NyJtORkmSOzmLOLANSgEDUyEkjYC9EGbomwlHgg1Zee0moqPimWpS9CianuCCxqS9bOtmZuGOOTNmtwnb3WI5opjt-yekgjXvCMTFrf4Sc

LAVVmg2tImZXv-5KGlh6nYdW5mkv8jpBttT-F63o11fdoG6rL66YTyCUx5W2nGr5_35YCljIOYn35hasDgv5HyDsfC5jZ1DuzEs2qg333kx_jSKKoLtjaQ-9R9MaI-O8QISxzyw
Bobby evolved into Togetic! They grow up so fast! 🥺

kje1z6MgINyl44NTq2VgwhNTdDWQENsR1qn2P2AxGNAb2-fGsgzOcGZlJ_6sjDO6yiw_w9UUxr4OISOsBAf2xuQDBZJ0ZCMOszDNgo-KO_XY22g2Evyd77MauhZ-32LeAeGUNiQ
If only he could grow up into a Togekiss before the Elite Four..! 😭 Curse you, post-game-only evolution stones!

Level 19= no Mud Bomb on Mini-Yoshi.

Level 16= no Hyper Fang on Ms. Mowz. (I considered it, but Hyper Fang doesn’t have 100% accuracy and I want to ensure my team has a Headbutt user, and Ms. Mowz is the best candidate for that in the long-term.)

Level 19= no Encore on Bobby. (I am not smart enough to predict the AI’s moves reliably.)

Everyone is level 19! (Except Ms. Mowz, who is level 17.)

Grinding playlist highlight:

This is a re-write of Pokemon Sword and Shield’s story that maintains the same beats and takes on a realistic tone for the Pokemon franchise.

I share the poster’s sentiments that Sword/Shield has interesting themes. That’s why one (of many) of my storylocke ideas is a Shield storylocke! 🛡️ ✍️ (A medieval-magic-flavored dragon monolocke, I’m thinking, because there aren’t too many Pokemon games that give you access to early-game dragons. 🐉 )

SCQrO0XpIM4d1dunyGUUl9xIEPgQ3FeqdSP7JWEWQCLpQ_LxvxZ3-1q7XOnjGITTbjpAUxG12tgLEJWX0tYSsKyO2gd14pIaUpiKz00bv28iK_XiMF1n8HgoYhyDzyNl24b4mSo
Yhi2qicznl5so009JaQZICAz0juHLvx89nDJ0g_k1f73fC2beY_aR9XNop7ENdXvoyu4pGz9CfXetWj0lQF_5IUbnRFxKaxcuvISAgNdsOzUCGEuXDPFm-w5OrUsgaAGAEhm3hU
jsBXGBi4irPymOkJLaGsNkahkfDlRjuCVc54X4f9t1wqsrNLXY_Hj0Xl9qc3eH0k4udYlfxcuxu8DVjcvGmVBE3L6u0336_uaTmOprGXw5D-nh_nmDEBsQpcyeykzAKIAGkDjFM

ouLGm2FnxYwGAqinK0F53POwXWimXazvKMcN9mIz1jAjt5QmG4zNIwOUqX8ijx3wqpKGUq-8q4aWpY2YAsy7OcUZ8GEfGaycL63U8w8IJqvj_ebCy-h-VVXPoUubwHPMvmZ71uY

AoTTnUY0DzXT3PfTygK8rCJRkmYJN6-9tQrRVhK4XXY-NMEj7MRMD3kb-pbh5PpJ893NHiApxSVSUSyYm9BDSIn_J1nxsTS8RXf86RrAt5ZWvQt6btlVpNA6wIIcmBONURK5_xU
Ah, here's the Pokemon Falkner should have used! Also, a wild wildly-underleveled evolved Pokemon? This image is peak Johto. >_>

a_QCjhneY9-bUPiLpwQT5ePpRikw2AUaNo4RhW4QFt5_nWuAed4hivroSVGyvq7EmZoMtSR-eUj4rVJ5MWAwsWcOLfErL_mmQC6clQwUORKKv9aHeC2aY7IkiUWkPpFcmFoOATQ
Good to know that the two NPCs on Route 33 bought a lot of bikes! You know, they’re inspiring me to go on my own shopping spree.

_IVnh5Xog_XKnIm_hCy1b35y6rFuYGda3pORPpdArq2RBrtPt1NBZtdivI4VptFyGlNUOo5bi0PqRwZGEX-xmo1a08pKk8ftqmJxfbspfTismwY30AgxBIWZlsp0iSJ2-ShXfMQ
drlsjKIpfvY86qQgfN4-JkpSKJcu3d3sHQ09std7xuA9Osg3L2v7y-uZKt5gYtF7A2ocmD6ATVvrE_ZdvKqkq13zb_NbBFvgDOnvb0eT21-Vm0d9beYDn9CsaZdSAt4_pBvzIEs
And today is obviously my lucky day, so…

rIetrYivOoMF1-1asqoBRHSf1b6NCRtNxCUs4kZnJyzQWwNOLO8b4g1bXr8aXr-dcM51C0YO6hauYKqKDQY8AQ6kWjkATRqs2zYirA9Sa7yVKtR75iuFVNCRggksoaJgEMOzmRM
Much luck, much wow.

Oh, silly Bowser, no one has a lucky day at Voltorb Flip. Or a lucky month.

Me after playing Voltorb Flip for one (1) TM:
lnw4I791hgRnfs_KNUeMBUk0AOBZH54KYAN_8T4dpZl7CB065ZHC4eywWzvRVTVKO7pjMqbpKTIQMP_qpBz8Aclbq2sqnFImoHWGSk7sGHaTNXWeXuVk-tk7o7BAXbMZrE6ft3I

Which TM, you ask? 🤔

TDytQBwV5COvxf4DUMgJpsjh3Tq7Lx7wDP60rYxDLclTqIHlmgGzs_UrZsppQuJu4Vk90p-lwFlz6cNC0rf-m0Wr9aNy8TumKMHztP0GdfF-V_Bw3xyg6E5i4c-AzQOvx0Bzf8Q
A TM Flamethrower for Bobby!

r0rloZi0Lu5KZ_HxxBceOOKnu9mqMp0n6Q6JzrNADY4AZ3bcY2BFWSUlRHOZvPL3oRapwqR5XN1jMrm18gbhattCkD7_5UFHVfdkE4zShzm6njJBUy8zDQrJzUZA2QEczpBY6lM
Replaced Charm with Flamethrower on Bobby. 20% burn chance, here I come!
HtDQs8360r55YU84Fw7rK8DMx8SLG1sPN5U3mHzSkIs-QvBIQTNR39LRc_VUqcZwdPf5N4JwkHC0HrUb2QOWtFWSH3iEWgWNcUnhZAC8q6--ShlLsjvqmhE4gM35PmbljmQxGRY

Welp, we may have a lost a month of muscle–pardon the pun—mass at the slots, but we gained a month of tolerance(?) for bullshit.

Which is exactly what we need for Whitney! 😤

vGPLtgBi2M5QZ4Oaajq-OrdbxniO78gbCqvspDaVSdEPgrme7XDp_7IJAkA1pYy4FMuWFIZbXcJHeqLz9ovKs_3vhnu2-TNswaQHLTU95BGQiEZbAuRicof32hf7rv8jFkANDak
Cute?
j9gdZ-W9KeHYIvY5BysD_BlyvX7WohuZvDI_4iqlzZTuxmQAxSUBiT8HBwfJmwZGCqM0sfJNmKhZsf2MUtKnhRTzj85MD-iv-koPAOpDN1JuvnJbrgwWMYI_6iUkdWeAdSk2RPw

I3E1e0JUSmYhh-YjSE8sL8GwVU6GV3UcN9ChOo9GKszq_SuEaSGdgfqT_GqGws6UVWGr3oBJUksDe51yf2E6EZMpRYnaJ6v609eUVBfHsLizjr8Zu2hxEPln6OOAB4-1QX1Cva8
*looks at my top Pokemon* Gotta agree with you there. >_>
ANYuMuEk9vcArK6zWWJptZVJrkwYEKf2FYORzb4OEPz6lEpF-5PH10pvue7i6sM8g5pgbEYIpvbHrupEPmEHCIrr8mCyEfGIMd1FWhsh4ILDcYBYcID0AvToff0ngfWypYmjli0

GfEQ2_Dx5HGGeiuomORyk5DDc6Sr7K69LnZgDf8-7ncl5JTRnoIcn8i4e_-XiFoevJLRFfvPKvV_k04SdsY8wafdCtcL4HAqctI2JhYJodZKTW7h3LSfyhdDoc_FXo0aC6iR3fg
Of course you can, sweetie. 🥺 FYI: The original piece is here, and here is some more information about this artist’s version of Rocketshipping family! It’s very cute.

ABLAHB4ddAxbcC5ERpILzjXai2CRfCxz-OWTyGUkVPCan7MAmU3t5_EnTp7dIOLWWCeUbvJ4PBRzTEz7p0OIkaYAeNtqzkXchRhIdBt-YAG0zn7OoOy8E8V6BqqpUNWOAH8jqu4
Well, it seems like Muscle, at least, got some exercise clearing the rubble of that Magnitude 10… Who wants to bet I will never see Magnitude 10 get rolled in a major battle? ✋

J6xha2sJdpQulEX8wBNxyo0KukWAv_6xvF3CP10U9idarTIc2YysMmk_UbGsCyeyx9aG1grmi6KMfNBnL9y0xURWOY1_P2jDrG64ySB0tmSLvTYpXxobA6giKPejTobz5VE1vJY
The strongest people are those who have moved beyond a dichotomous construction of gender. 😤i mean seriously have you met starmie

I've still never used a Staryu. >_> Maybe this is the run? 🤔

54Yz1A72LX4j1HXOx3tpN1HoHDY6h75QeuRiSBR1m5kI92hdlAxqhqGai-QwiwsIQEnGKhQLn4TCclnp1pAwNsAay_ybUZLFbtzl0d1U1rt31YqssE399UwaK9v7tOkNtA8wV9o
A wild..?

VoSFrDAkqZPNc3GLD4YdYNIfAMWg1hiO7CKDU2crFlK2Bm2s6qVLfA3qW1sQMfgqruzaDl84Iumf7uSvLsVywftINKGS0JQH_JJRvWLV9RL6j16wU5B_u98RYf5df43Iw4v4L4Y
...Abra. ._.

-vJ60EftPwgN2ahByo8RS4R6d1FZr0urx1k2bxniuZLKKHhOyGC7ouNtF9cowZtNBaDq69wig0PyEeIfS43iPxZqn0QICGSYZY2aFvN7tTqkzyqdYCw0H1upfZxKpnto-bdQQXU

DiRZSRE3Tx2gYdvhj2N5T55N8lXgibwkaTcnVcUYRBmuu9rkxR-RO2scyhVYOmyxSyzTe8QoPaaKhd1rQpCHrC0YxApXNwa8ynPUBVpw7aL6Z-ly3HmdUT6r1MOc5B7P7tyfnw0
Well, Goombario, you now have permission to panic.

hNQvShN4OJkpTU1DKHJ-SaUc826WiAfeclc1psGwA8CvEEIw1HZboPsoHS5gNbXtz0I2UDkYkJxrpdnDoRW7VahxGkNcJ_azFDhK8IbmCA3uGAQqd3w5WXh2Jd-YWvaa1XH5DBE
Well, OK, then. Never mind. ._.

2YpkSXkTGHUTlb7f6fHpC9cg9kS8h2v68QlYwV5ND2nKuu4bHWJGeq1-A-GV2T3GuZfSGlYzQhx1cFp3kWa9R6DpeR2QR2IRcVIxgcxceDyCNllB5QteOzr978XFIFxAOIFnrZk
"Just now"? That doesn't make any sense. Unless… 🤔

DOPqQXVH9-P2qOSk8T0KMezfXbY7AinukUZ6nl0JZ4aG8HGEtKHPLXRZ2CYgYAKuil_MDLtu3hGk6P8GngEDl6s0XF6ruktniFkX6xyWW_gRIFU_uT4fa0_BUxIrNEau5zCVI-4
The Game Corner is a TARDIS!?

i want that time back doctor

that is something you do right

TSDix3zA_csV17Td-HVtz9Wk3-IYSEMlVkJdwWUtdqBwUREt5QrWFWVoC1ia-5Kbp7WsaATbf4UjO80koPdGifqqZH3LH7ImwsmLYq3nZY30gYXMjHxBDFe01zzEAN6vbQLJRmM
Seriously, though, this was me. ._. My best friend was playing Pokemon, my older cousin was playing Pokemon… I needed in!

eELPnm1U_G-eUIMEHU4DPR2s55uUvIcnP_IOvTOsoVNERi9l0_mGlPPQn9ec4KEcHLjNhX0PhqIitVZw7gaEx7ZCmkxlFwr-VE5_15gJMWej1twVmBUxeimanfAAySJatusg-rQ

sURhIOevjCHNKb9huye7TzdZKtRXVdYbJlf9cRgZxjnfYynZZQis2bWWA2KMDjopYAAKLN4tdpw1ju0pZq5Js0DwJMLoTdjfnponCZJ79UVDz0ARh8tLWQWSS4L6Si4Q72FvLA0

XRb6av3v_MZsV1HeOimf1T-dLIf_mTCLmtI1mUkXXOuVyUREkWB8GsvevPLaG57kkOv3BG5nCv7ylZdeWS_lI3GvWx943LirvyDhsip6zHnF0nC2QBBDNzWURh6VofHt3lAnIsw

Turn 1: Goombario VS Clefairy
Reflect!
Mimic!

F92gs0PJPwyuLykCCJYiu5nIz7CaOdtVeM9VLkx3-XzDtSiD4sLMyNTPI6BIj4BJ7TjpjDor4VJ6eC_DUZgS6tTOYPwmi7I3gB0k5z7qLG77ZvRM9npXIq8Ts793gstRALxGoW8
I… I can't have Miltank come out with a Reflect up.

Turn 2: Goombario VS Clefairy
Cut!
Reflect!

-Yza5u06Dip-MOgf1yYtU4v8ePL91TYDXIuuHn1cBc3tzp1Xazxy-qHS3kA3IDUj3tFJOspNROFmPkr0fd1d8plQ6JAPcc89w4NPhkPoFpnHi7PMrLd6ZLZ-tCch1PCrQCSbl0I
For reference, this is a Goombario Cut pre-Reflect...

Turn 3: Goombario VS Clefairy
Cut! Cute Charm!
Metronome → Bone Club!

ifODnp5yUcN7M_W47FDV6fPIuSZSlszDdbv1vwGq1XZS7NIslEv8aEybPQq8O_0zX2bw1r6lIt3pzEp5ViX8gbAQImGvFQa1D5hbuSVXPECrjQ-fCd9RKY_ec0DMlcno4qA-laI
And this is a Goombario Cut post-Reflect.

Oh my God, I was so worried about Reflect that I forgot about Metronome. *scream*

Turn 4: Goombario VS Clefairy
😍Cut!
Metronome → Brine!

Turn 5: Goombario VS Clefairy
Switch to Bobby!
DoubleSlap!

_YpfcTXHWJq2mEgnR9dBMH_nN5EschwmJ9dt46_PzmetaRpUrcR_XNi_4uC_ny21vnmF039QpF5VjJphJYT15PrBxmtmcjNIzCB93OXFuPKo1MRWzbK9nmj0_XmdFj6OOSzqLxw
Well, that's rude. ._.

Turn 6: Bobby VS Clefairy
Yawn! So Clefairy shouldn't be able to refresh Reflect… :ohdear:
DoubleSlap! (And a 4-hit one too. >_>)

Turn 7: Bobby VS Clefairy
Flamethrower! KO!

_A7PDRHlFbJF2u12ayXOnKatv9o1ZjxkH44ZO4Z8k_1fbRQlh4g531QMbUZB-_UEYdb37H-SCjkRNOJWUuup-W_0_LZ4_YyBv_A-dlMi8ydsLl_M53fmYdEq5lKWzd4XetYBgmM

664v9uNSX-akOH7LbgdRilzw8SL8TYuVSUU2-dtwRVoCjvHWnrZyqhCpfwLso4QjMB29y6jfnN18mqk8wU1z2QhIekkUqLyuEXXIA27Ce9komOrasxfcoxxSzDLrNPXthzVd8lw

Turn 8: Bobby VS Miltank
Attract!
😍

Turn 9: Bobby VS Miltank
Stomp! Crit!
😍Yawn!

vlqEq8ikxWAYxmJgp0zrJ5Y1RvLfUIcjGK1wJSfspOhdTEOEXfS9V1H0UbawxbEfQqHdy6XoogC6LESon1h7sJ-gyD4ho0W3pNEwfgJc70xOu1vcttpdIaDJYFfha1Q8drK2EY0
iKWd_wkKR9sYZieKQDIGGdS4DijcEzY6xr_t-_4ng95wkkK7jNxOec2XfnvBAVBI-TfcevIRaXqUoQXRHS-sPIvwKJngp1pINaxcXIWWlH3kUvKj3SDgVGuGtdpKP7VU0BMbux0

QINjl8U-01zoUNV4EiV-KFa7yCA3b2CRUt7bmywD2Agu2tU62n4pR986uzRvvEw2HoO5EY5GOIirpuLz-bOkQ0YgtSqM4ZFEyYYiopFU4uOcg_jqgTqmeMPBqcV2q6kyN6I-2CM

Turn 10: Bobby VS Miltank
Switch to Muscle!
Stomp! Lum Berry procs!

DAWzJ2CJd3aH7HQ5eU0_AGnOAeAykp0glYbD1lg-iCfDAhXkXL6_v9J6S6TLEkRd0PYW9FhrheTJvXJ6vNfO_Je08ea52lHiDQVHm-fRluHjYXWW3LGn4Vq7Nop-QptNcrXqz0Y

Turn 11: Muscle VS Miltank
Stomp!
Low Kick!

2h6OPSoXg6shNGGiUVFxC_5O_QuY7F4PmAG4vuLc1O3xjpPxJBDZzxslrCw4bdSbkrzYST0XU7NwMTpniv8AHbxWlBIvotRi3UepKYi3sdcnqDL_jwMGz7X3IYamcxyfoY7HsR0

Turn 12: Muscle VS Miltank
Super Potion!
Stomp!

Turn 13: Muscle VS Miltank
Stomp!
Low Kick KO!

KCVOELkDstuymwDTpSgL6OyzLHJP3SjjzbFCvUJ3f7pBOdspK_diLSRHqRIsRptCNWjemZt1T-HFtyGpmcOjGkvykM5FHHcwmyEt5xb_cQV4uRUxEVvB-Yv_D8C-mN-i6Fk5lKc
Ni0ce. 😎

ilhutAB_RGeAkonSrfSq5ARSWsAp6lte2o6DVEBL3caku2GvuAz2AXnLY398Qln7eSC2GR5wiTAvY8d-vQNpRHOHlvuK0vmq8dSs8WeUyWl3piCMFapTEHkNsMpDbTHaaMM5NLo
Honestly, Bobby, I'm kinda shocked you made it.

odw9RN3EayZ3c3bfRFzVJffumpLANRqOu13cev273gDH8NjqFKH3MKeCXBQyiG3_e98GNpXYmqd_mv2zz3FPuCkXG3IwV1Z2flBCxFinFuUYUFQJ_gaVo9tbGtacr5Q3xnN-ejo
and how photoshop cropped off that left side???

C88ouGz8Q7TDc0x5sMGWZYBhIh6i7dV_AtM2d9vseKt8FXa-ymdFZsadEhuHaUza9XbDAsZuBJBEU3YT4NN4VGoOeAKfuTzBGs8nn5JTjt_mtR9QBd2lMuLsk9yQb5QuHYGIyNM
Hey, I don't blame her. Bobby made me cry too!

RWB8eXEjpvFyXa3mR8xYZg-DjrgfA5xOZDi-H0x1MJ2K3Y1PCrtEUW9SNRDJF7ivsYh539os1LLvfrSeU9FnctwUQhTh21KxCLw7sg3rxItCWqJRRPrX3Idw9tTfuCgJ-VhWUmc
Yeah, that cutscene was The Plain Ba(d Time) for me too. *pats*
QOTD: What do you think of the news about TMs and the EXP Share in BDSP?

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual lorewriter and worldbuilder. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
@Trollkitten : You @ Caterpie:
n1-OlPF252ICj5tuRAltXGyutGjPxcpaiDS_f8EYtveTJ-aNTeM4MJiim5tiEVcVuRbJr7d8uvDzBz-baPSqt34wVodTtwa_w197KzwWhtptBWh6JZd_yWd-OzkAp59prjtZEhU
Actually I did train up that Caterpie into a Butterfree, and put it in the Day Care to gain levels in case I lost my shiny which I did. Unfortunately I had no way of knowing that in LGPE, Pokemon don't learn moves in the Day Care, so it was stuck with an useless moveset and I pretty much missed out on Quiver Dance, so I never actually used it.

This is a re-write of Pokemon Sword and Shield’s story that maintains the same beats and takes on a realistic tone for the Pokemon franchise.
I've seen that show up in my feed, but have never taken the time to actually watch it because it's a long video and I have a short attention span. Maybe I'll watch it sometime when I'm grinding...
QOTD: What do you think of the news about TMs and the EXP Share in BDSP?
I wish the Exp. Share could be turned off, but I'm not terribly sad about the TMs being single-use only. Why? Because with the broken Exp. Share that can't be turned off, the game needs SOME level of challenge to it. (Which is why my nuzlocke ruleset for Shining Pearl is going to be the hardest ruleset I've ever played. To make up for the fact that my team will be ridiculously overleveled and also have three freaking mythicals on it.)

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker, Completionist and Rule Designer
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
I also really liked that video and think they did a pretty good job changing not too much but just enough to keep the essence of the SwSh story and still make it reasonable, realistic and actually interesting to follow this time. Oh the Team Rocket art is adorable!

Great job defeating Whitney, and cool to see Bobby actually helping.

Empty Sun

that's right, buttholes
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
It might eat you. It might your relatives.
hold bobby like a gun when he uses flamethrower it would be very funny
lum berry at third gym yo whitney don't fuck around

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
You made it, and it only took five or six heart attacks! Good stuff!

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
Oooh man. Props to you for playing Voltorb Flip for so long to put a TM on a mon this early in the game. I physically can’t give any Pokémon a single use TM until we’re knocking on the league’s door because I’m afraid it’s gonna mean certain death and the waste of said TM. And then for Bobby to have such a close call in that battle! Yikes! Thank goodness everything turned out okay!

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
:psyduck: at Togetic learning Flamethrower. Also that battle was more intense than I expected!
But at least it all went well in the end. And that cutscene broke my heart too...even though I knew it was coming, it still was the saddest a game's made me since the WoL opening...
Question: I HATE the perma-Exp Share with a passion, but I wonder if it might not be as bad since DP had some awkward level spikes (especially the endgame-Cynthia was like 12? levels above Volkner IIRC). I'm a little more ok with single-use TMs though since that'll at least leave some level of challenge, although I would've preferred they kept TRs from SwSh.

Users who are viewing this thread