• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
Thread Description
A Paper Mario themed Pokemon SoulSilver lorelocke by a decidedly 3D Bowser. Last update: Chapter 8 (11/14).

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
Okay that image of Gepetto wishing upon a Geodude is literally every Johto nuzlocker for the first three gyms. Also an amazing Iroh image. That battle in Sprout Tower was whack, the switching insanity! As for the question, I don't watch a lot of tv but I have been keeping up with the Bad Batch and I plan to watch the new Wheel of Time show when it comes out this year!

Yo that Togepi is legit and I cannot believe you cursed him with such an unlucky name!!! I predict Metronome-Selfdestruct. Except no pls don't do that he is too perfect to lose. I also stared at that picture of Dexter-Bowser for a solid five minutes in order to fully process what I was seeing. Where the hell do you come up with this stuff honestly, you kill me 😆 As for the question, I am going to give some advice as someone who has recently escaped studentdome. And that advice is: don't believe anyone who says "enjoy it while it lasts because college is the best time of your life" or "just wait until you get out in the real world!" because oh my god am I glad I am not a student anymore and I'm actually being paid for the work that I do and when I go home my time is mine and I don't have to devote it to studying or writing papers. There are somegood things about college, but life afterwards is freaking awesome.

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker, Completionist and Rule Designer
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Thanks to @RubyClaw , I now know that the 35% chance to die applies to ALL POKEMON IN THE PARTY (not of the immune types). So… this isn't worth it.

Cool. Wait, what, no, I think you got me wrong here. Not every pokemon hit by it, not every pokemon in your party, every pokemon used against the Geoedude. That means every pokemon that faced Geodude in battle for at least one turn. Sorry for not being clear, my bad! Oh well, there are many Geodudes in the mountains.

Reference:
Geodude Rockslide - "does “every Pokemon used against” mean Pokemon that take damage against the Rockslide Pokemon?" - Sadly nope, it means every pokemon that was sent out against Geodude, even if it wasn’t hit or switched immediately after you met Geodude (unlike Vile Poison that asks about whether you were hit or not). Geodude is a big boulder, if it is in the battlefield, that means it fell out of some mountain before that and had the potential to crush you!

Bobby is a dream child! Can't wait to see it grow :flyaway: 🥰

That phone call is touching! I never read those, it's 90% Youngster Joey...

Hmm about your question, well that's a hard one. I'm no longer a student but I have been for a loooongg time (finished my PhD a few years ago, and those cursed things are notoriously long). I think my three best tips for you are A) Enjoy the actual knowledge gaining, stay curious, study. I know it is really hard to do that with all the pressure of the chores and tests, but one day these won't matter and that lust for knowledge tends to die fast if you don't actively maintain it. Which brings me to B) Study, work hard, but honestly - as long as you pass what's needed of you and unless you are aiming for a very specific path, it is most likely that what seems extremely important to you now is actually not that important in retrospect. Try and take it easy, it is ok to fail and try again. Student life tends to feel very dramatic and crucial but it is just one part of life, nothing more. C) There's a light in the end of the tunnel. Your studies will one day end, be long behind you, and thanks to the magic of human nostalgia you will probably remember it fondly! And as Spectactles said, life after it is usually pretty good.

Great progress so far, good luck!

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@SayleeK : Cat GIFs showcase the full spectrum of emotion. 😤 College culture is, unfortunately, work culture (i.e: your work is your worth), but it’s so important to counter that because you are worth it because you’re you!

@Lumaeus : SLEEP! :D I remember in high school health class we had an activity about sleep, and I discovered that I was the only one in my class who consistently went to bed before midnight. ._.

@Empty Sun : inb4 you are wrong and goombario finally becomes proud of me

@Spectacles : I’m trying to convince my best friend to watch ATLA. The memes are a powerful tool in this epic struggle. ⚔️ I have never had Elder Li give me so much trouble before, and I have chosen Chikorita as my starter before. O.o Real talk: I just wanted Origami King rep on my team, and there aren’t too many named characters in that game.

@RubyClaw : Good to know, good to know! As long as I keep Cragley alive, I shouldn’t have to worry about other Geodude, and in Johto, it’s certainly possible to do that. I need to convince my anxiety brain to listen to you because you have a PhD and thus know what you’re talking about. :P
AOTD: All good advice here. :) I suppose my biggest piece of advice is to be open to new experiences… but you're not "wasting opportunities" by saying no sometimes. No one can do everything! Sleeping and eating are non-negotiable!

Azalea Town is also host to these guys.
Nw2DUiNN1urpJ5yIHSW5mvG-AACEoPYe8lxxaSc_QaKPiz9acuVZCdkq5T1BQqv7XXhVojgnslXrT7_EcA_LBzub_ck7xeT7c42TgPNIhK2rfXOIJu8ERLtBzqzhRXWQH8NlXb8=s0
These kind of pathetic, leaderless guys.

Uy3EeSbXBXahuyIaTxwr4EO2UPxYfebe6tFVxpAJ2sbHJWn0R_bjAFDYaEmVeSB1WI1AUbYKy1c2AjVxb_ReHN_dAdJP3IuBT20vBX7Tj8UkS2nMC2HLFDiYvi8IuxCJ4EL7P6E=s0
j6POFRYBS3BeVabOQqISQ6_5jMEJyZC2B5btqTBBtiFUPabg6HJHkXiQ9m0cAFuLWpEvCNbVP27ovatL2ODJ95q4NCLSEwcPGBBMPwwuCAGzOvvZ_AkXGStx6cS5L7QfPN-DszE=s0
Hey! D:< If one partner says it's over, that's what it is! Boundaries are not null and void because you are (or were) in a relationship!

Me @ Kurt:
bkA0L37hEh19k9y9jETaSJMJnjsSzhqjRrfKuj5lrhPQubojl37pJVoRbaUMBhP1HePCbMAubw2VvHp3e6c7ZdwnWBa5wHZvOrHdvT9CFnhTHZvL-ofpuO9cxfO_qSRw0dIcsWY=s0

This Zubat fell in the well too.

TGY4d0-A5wbRrf93kObRauSUc-lVdNt53YgxYpoQdi4VGjCBfyOZR9cojp2eyWu8G_EHRrD-8LabEodLTP1Lzrzbp3Edc5yIv60CUUPMUKhILxnFGtHOvCMh-e4hW_LFVdO7sRM=s0

fqWrVFr_t4VuSFbz60axcS_rm_SHRAYbCmgwJRgqyKh8F7E-H7wVKe_-ATQyhlYKMqpG0ypJlXBd7HEyQwXdQ8zqjZtlz3aUsEChu7Mu9rSrmYqZHp0gVbJE3gsAPQkFrcW0lb8=s0
This Zubat… also has Blood Thirst. Well, if Tubba Blub dies…

PxHeVdN18scDzmojRfmUL0aVHAdiLjw7Hj6ZW0fwplILP2JEpvlgI_0JTggqXhdHxEQyxl3VMQTxvgO_ZKIbBhIVSSLCwT3OkTBMH_VoYSXsTAXQnhfimAWr3d681gHv3x7Mgf8=s0
...Never mind. Remember to always play around the critical hits. 😔

8Ilwbb21dy1Yt-Ckurs-zMohDydvRGr1ouEMDooh8U1-lxNjWPh0fNFW6H6UIScTVltNP_9euxXZ1YKglLmVm9j32kGLicOB7q48T4EJaZBe2OXZpcDXG1Pgi7eVjZRAU0hsl4s=s0

FIebOzbF80FbH5TDft7ZsjtxGvlsi73Mxj2zCvtqncC3yB61ialDYxeg0csTT_G3qjwqo06bWxPKiPxFVds1OGpkV_jHheLUndZGJ4p_wZVQ84K3nQIuQV9Ploj5__RDW4hSMPU=s0

Oops. I accidentally advanced his dialogue, and now we’re fighting.

lhOd3OUNQHi3N0ue4KEoncHpD7jA3DeLDWz1MXMc93b1KI9EMtBmqJy8GagURgAZFOvedLZe4yGMLcjITsGB0YwpXRyivErrszokvllMsVfbzGh-QOoYUP2YDK5RR85xsETvJHI=s0
(darn it I forgot the executives have splash screens like the gym leaders do >_<)

Turn 1: Goombario VS Zubat
Leech Life!
Switch to...

gbJWVv74Z8epPzKiYB-yOFMqQY6zjsp_vdyRY8SsM4Pu_GoMngChhjkBKQTKe1YwF146gN2nYttHVemKq-aj4nCUantkXqJLpjHE_k0XwHZebnCnz0BR8LlSiKZrDw2e8peHYwY=s0
a vision of battles to come

Turn 2: Bobby VS Zubat!
Supersonic!

Turn 3: Bobby VS Zubat
Leech Life!
😵

Turn 4: Bobby VS Zubat
Leech Life!
Extrasensory OHKO!

Turn 5: Bobby VS Koffing
Smokescreen!
😵 ‼️ Extrasensory miss!

Turn 6: Bobby VS Koffing
Poison Gas miss!
Extrasensory miss!

Gotta clear the accuracy drops. >_>

Turn 7: Cragley VS Koffing
Smokescreen!

Turn 8: Bobby VS Koffing
Poison Gas!
🤢

Turn 9: Bobby VS Koffing
Smokescreen!
Extrasensory miss! 🤢

iK0_dz6M-9yjj0MslaAxEchVfX1bDNHWCoBxrbhiBcMHAm4zvd7hFqjhRt-OaOT_ksI1z5lo4alSABmGJdzreI49_DG9zJ4FWZqrcL7q1jg39Z4Gmfx151bVyfLTGq2n5ZFAnfQ=s0
...You know, this is not a very good showing, Bobby. ._.

Well, what are the odds ANOTHER one of my Pokemon will get poisoned on the switch-in?

Turn 10: Cragley VS Koffing
Smog!
🤢

hJOaZ1UQBrnv9YPILTzJY-4TIS0xyDNMx9dqbx2ju-_dZLsLnbKbD1oewDtVIbBRlKYmaGMvrpqq07Ga3WsgvM00YOFRjm1TN6STjAIpUQ1jApUVHELgc-z2ioyDxCHzV6FeYYQ=s0
Proton art found here!

Turn 11: Cragley VS Koffing
Rock Throw! Crit!
Smokescreen!

BunHVABk_z22Jp_nTCnFOKBxvFV3AxioA3924dbc5Z7Z_PNw158MywABI0FMLZtvhp7jMe09EDTEl6H5JtWQBAZ7KYeuV1MmQEKw461QuuczrViE2G82ncrNJeN0IffoNBr-pxY=s0
Are you serious? That was a crit, and it's still standing! Is Proton's Koffing extraordinarily bulky? 🤔 no i will not contemplate the alternative

Turn 12: Cragley VS Koffing
Tackle KO!

Me Most HGSS Players @ Team Rocket:
template-custom-meme-907-155674f7a05e.jpeg

Oh well, I should still be able to grind around here.

>Ilex Forest is blocked by hard rival battle
>Saving Route 33 encounter until I get Headbutt, which is in Ilex Forest, because it too can have Heracross in its trees

...Never mind then. I have the perfect name for this chapter.

sVeBqh5grDWL-6kfO8j3vFgYQZi6yMCQpDKquj5d0vsotebAds0Ym4NKBZBX_X6qtFj7nTtvQ7KD0kchRxs9CZzOU7bmOXX5RBv-BBI2MddkIaDLrzRalFvDZM-ZANJ59Dp6THs=s0

Level 15= replaced Defense Curl with Magnitude on Cragley.

Level 15= replaced Mud Sport with Slam on Mini-Yoshi.

Level 15= replaced Metronome with Yawn on Bobby.

0E01svnzXJTY6pKq_9I2xS8o9ED5bKkUk8XdJ18hZJoSEUM5m4iQDWMokoS3J7bN2VHNIzQumIlgQITk6TwC2ho_AjAtME0554Ay-r2Ms4Qy3i9AUvSp6WU2RcBmh9-qOp6sSLM=s0
What? No, I didn't press the B button by accident!

Level 17= replaced Growl with Reflect on Goombario.

sL30jQ6kfelBdmuclrkcXj-g1kotqawTxF-aHF1d857a0PwY0S3xTKm-JfP5xptA-O0gUg7E38sEjQgg_krM0AFJe-0NJuznfT0_vI1C4B2t0Vaqwijtaf2WqJ6a9pWiy8J7ce0=s0
There we go. :)

Level 13= no Pursuit on Ms. Mowz. (The AI doesn't switch frequently enough to want it over something like Bite.)

Grinding playlist highlight:

This video is the latest in a long-form analysis series of the Mario Party series. and the one about the first video game I ever played Mario Party isn't as luck-based as you think! (Although, yes, sometimes it still is just luck-based. looking at you mario party 4 pinball chance time)

Into the gym we go! 💪

qlh68oaCNvtDYUKhJDL4aimTWfFv4OM-_L0nYWSC0LkKSKergs4lVbES96aeJmu20S0NFpmmJkiyvDgFI6WLlntkTg7rHwZ51PLqJEcf9XdqJ4tpfN5taKEghlHSnNYDRhCHI0M=s0
Cool level-up, but you missed Rock Throw three times in a row. That's pretty cringe, not gonna lie.

I think my plan for Bugsy is pretty clear.
eroYBrupRxU0KrGAg3GgMiVZB94g6Ri8JyT_i3GS1l7b4pxB4d4SHGkwiqYZ5a3osPinGtlJeYC2AZiOw5QvEv8AVm8jgeECAaqGldczgxyFhYhSr_7Z0s1KqD-SoxrC_kzdpCk=s0
thanks day of the week sibling items that I definitely wait in real time for c:

Admittedly, this isn't an automatic win situation like with Falkner—critical hit luck is still a thing—but I did warn you all about Geodude and Johto.

tpLjIo7PC3qMrcH4s4EMjdO3D0fQdMMnhEvnLahZhkX8sfC5BN_HqYspWmP3CPg7EP4129UDWuPAPngvIH4MvfiVkqwJepaIu0-VcW7FOpuL6hxFc4PtXHkE6xOie1xjXRzjq50=s0
Oh, save your nerves for Whitney, will ya?

lC31TpVBx6Hu__W-IQhWWz1uMFqKE4rJaSN7ELvEYGdMMJhMB-sy9H2uhSNzUUDPekssc1uiGCzzlxFunOgh6FpoBO8BCSb5tNR-lrGfC6sh0oSsPr3dW3ur9G8YreR0953X33M=s0
...naming themes? I agree, Bugsy.

Bugsy:

f2WH1alrmJm6DRso5n2Kbic5mFTayuJIazmE0Oc_xPRnGFGyTmbaeIkcD1XNh9Vl3dmw3cOCeAg15_sL7mOXWyjsLaD8Lwm5FmE02ZVEc0QdcfYk4XNFim8AnmBbHWlFySOq1JE=s0

E4VTsY54aY1pVsRR9AgPMoGGUyCQsksyOk9_76ogHeJ11OssKPVg6SQkQRWE37oNoXugJf2Rko4E89JmPkqOZaXTUJwdsFrDPZALgbUaocpEzyukueUfQPq91sLwfX9UuX0TCrc=s0
Expect to see variations on this screenshot a lot going forward.

Turn 1: Goombario VS Scyther
U-Turn!
knpjd1PX3ZbUlTFtk21IWwBdypK1Lx8IN-arnkzecACXZV4KBQ4VoxbKtyqLTAO5KWCKeHcgP3stcy4zwcPBl9to3wHcq_0qMrUUtaEHzBvX3_XsUt1Gg904NSgUTRGLuXfrfcA=s0
YOU COWARD! 😡
gZBctbjY1JkJOr0qTLyAhL3D4JWRYMncp6KONybGjuJ1VpPH4s6AYGOZQ0HdtVZNKfc8t7FbXfAiOAJF1rPhfeQkMGUK_Sa25KIUJluiCtnaJL9WSTl7rGVk8yMXgzQwfyTtNn0=s0
Into… Kakuna!?
Reflect!

Um… I feel like Bugsy handed me the victory with that U-Turn. ._. (Why didn't he use any move to soften Goombario up before going for the big move?)

Turn 2: Goombario VS Kakuna
Switch into Cragley!
Poison Sting!
🤢

SCvm-Yj3UKPGER0ZVzo7RRicq4rWLKPq4PYYTBfENaQ8fCoAHY1ltDikgzAOdNZL91MYV8oozolv2Nqz6Z_uUm2NVDWWK6W5uZTcX2PhNfPe7v6TR4OXRPJKHg7jFP5ROfCfp8Q=s0
OK, then, be that way. >_>

W9IT6AGqxkRaHof3kjCse8v-9TlijWYp9uzKbDc8ZINYrG2OlUEtTiIYgVAr9DKAXkbL_kvWzIYR58vRzDKorIQHz320NDgiZd_oY0A4UmIM_AYyeLS7_nj2xSXbR1cAypaU4vY=s0
Guess who should have bought more Antidotes! I think my plan will still work, though.

Turn 3: Cragley VS Kakuna
Rock Polish! 🤢
Poison Sting!

Turn 4: Cragley VS Kakuna
Rock Polish! 🤢
Poison Sting!

Turn 5: Cragley VS Kakuna
Rock Polish! 🤢
Poison Sting!
Reflect wore off...

Turn 6: Cragley VS Kakuna
Super Potion!
Poison Sting!

Turn 7: Cragley VS Kakuna
Rock Throw! Crit! OHKO! 🤢

mYp-IlsVVRcwrZPQjvFrXoJz3Ld3J7FLHtQIT5BMA47lI8ht4EGN8gBXcZurw9Wsv0BcOgerTyoM2UpZfcppdVCCwaK43nJf1QWcMDqH6BTJ8awcCYnauITE-utzAp5uW3jDlzM=s0
Welcome back, coward.

Turn 8: Cragley VS Scyther
Rock Throw OHKO!

tA4gx37JspvEyQCShAENMeY5NmB8MRwpGTcECUtweX2QD0uzN4-_qtg_CgUohai2ZjNnb-GCRzKzmI304mBjiXOX7sTxjQuowjTiI5-rX4kNchdXF6CT4ha8Jf-COBhOZ1JZPI0=s0
Good-bye, coward.

EBHqVtfZy8WAoxiLVWT7plpJeWuv_sHlJCEzFD62p6rOexasI74hXiwJPfc_h9PEUMKeSf150pPqLcI0pndZcSA4kevL6NxlDJIJy9J6qG6zzsSS1P3wTRLDhydzKRu4-fg5Br8=s0
Ew, the cowardice is contagious. Level 18= no Self-Destruct.

Turn 9: Cragley VS Metapod
Rock Throw OHKO! 🤢

LblV-eZTbYhmSf_dhH32kdyinLBiY9C9BvIISIL4snNKl0StPxjonSexdgp-IYywNyIJim3JIX8f7eRqROUYVLxo_wFIJIr6IYccgeUWoHm0REGavAHkagMRYcmJovFZ-P9J8XA=s0
You know, I've never used U-Turn, since I normally play on Switch mode, but I have a feeling this will be a very helpful move down the line.
8-mEsSUyF-4UPF3nMTlFn9-fmUmvY33SwixlqKNp5-1FqGQfkoZWkVsZ3I9IqwFsc_QSKHQTY9XiN-R7-vkbiCNYAgZiHvVj-RUGNeW0LhHCtpVYCx0F9TkFogD0WLuSHv9ZLC4=s0
QOTD: What is the dumbest injury you've ever got? *looks at Kurt*

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual lorewriter and worldbuilder. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
The dumbest injury I ever got was just before I turned 13, when I broke both arms by falling off my scooter. Which I was riding downhill. Around a curve in the road. With my eyes closed.

Those of you who plan to have kids, be sure to tell them don't ever do that.

Lumaeus

The Hero of Vine
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Brave
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is trying its best to fight the good fight.
Wow, U-Turn hurts. Good job making it through!

Dumbest injury? Easy. Put stick in fire. Pull stick out. Look at glowing tip. Wonder if it's as hot as it looks. Poke it.

It was.

CasualGameFreak

Discord Resident Extraordinaire
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
Pokédex Entry
Despite being a Grass-type, Casual is a flaming lesbian. Fire and Grass don't usually mix, but somehow it works out here.
Well done! I think people underestimate Bugsy way too much just because Scyther is 4x-weak to Rock. That does not suddenly negate the fact that Scyther is likely faster than you and that it can and will kill your Geodude if U-Turn crits. There still is a fairly hard counter to the fight (Gastly, which either 4x-resists or is immune to everything Bugsy can throw at you) but it's not as obvious.

You seem to have a good setup for Whitney... just make sure Cragley goes nowhere near that Clefairy. Can't go risking Metronome shenanigans now...

Oh, I have a supremely stupid injury to talk about. About a month before I turned 16, I was at a weeklong summer music camp with a bunch of other high school students from all around. One day, we were walking to another section of the college campus hosting this event to go have lunch, and I, being used to the route taken, was staring at my phone.

The problem is, there was a large boulder the size of a small boulder almost immediately off the sidewalk just inside of a corner. Just small enough to trip on...

I did indeed trip on this boulder and fell hard onto my outstretched left arm. My hand hurt for a bit but then went away. I went on to lunch and then discovered that I'd actually hurt my elbow, which didn't want to be bent or extended beyond a specific (usually-harmless) angle. So I spent the rest of the day with it being iced and, since it wasn't causing me many issues beyond limited motion, I decided to wait it out.

Thankfully, it was Friday when the incident happened and our concert was Saturday. On concert day, I found my dad in the audience and explained what happened. The concert would end too late for us to get to a doctor immediately, but we both agreed it was a necessary step to ensure I hadn't broken the elbow or messed up the joint. I was able to perform (thanks euphonium) and it went quite well overall. Finally, Sunday morning, a visit to the doctor confirmed there was no fracture and no damage to the joint, but I did wear a sling for about a week afterwards just to make sure.

tl;dr tripped over a boulder because I was staring at my phone instead of my surroundings, resulting in a sprained elbow.

Empty Sun

that's right, buttholes
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
It might eat you. It might your relatives.
real talk i had a crush on proton when i was younger
considering i also had a raging crush on lenora from bw i have no clue what my type is
anyways uhhhhhh u-turn more like poo-turn :V:

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
That is one brave Kakuna, probably in the top 1% percent of Kakunas even. Had a scary moment there when I saw Goombarios health but he is a trooper as usual.

Great job as always! Love your team.

Dumbest injury? Well I don't want to talk about it too much as it's both embarrassing and painful, but let's just say I used to work with very hazardous materials in the lab and was always very careful, yet managed to harm myself in the most idiotic (and very painful) way by pulling a cardboard box out from another cardboard box too strongly and poked myself in the eye with the cardboard that way as it was released at once... Ever since I'm always highly suspicious of cardboard 😋 ...

Electro

Dr. Ultimate Procrastinator Extreme
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 22, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fighting
In high school, I dropped a rock on my foot and damaged a tendon in one of my toes.

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
"Thousand-Year Grind" is both a great pun and the perfect way to describe Johto >_>
Sticker Star is the only Paper Mario game I've never played, and after reading that rant, I'm glad I never played it. Although I honestly enjoyed Color Splash, and Origami King was excellent.
Lorelockes confuse the heck out of me (I don't think I could do one myself because I'd get too confused trying to keep up with all the lore rules), but I really like your analysis of each Pokémon's possible rules and whether they make the 'mon worth catching. I also love all the edited pictures 😆
:psyduck: at how messy the Elder Li fight was, but luckily everything else has been going well! Adamant Geodude is such an easy button for early Johto.

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
Bugsy got got... that's what he gets for refusing to evolve his Kakuna and Metapod XP Dumbest injury I ever got was burning my finger on a piece of metal that we were heating up in science class to observe metal expanding when it's heated and contracting when it's cooling. This was the whole focus of the lesson and I was still taken by surprise when the metal expanded, slipped the clamps that I was holding too tightly, and burned my finger. I have a bunch of other burns on my fingers but they're all from more mundane cooking and baking mishaps.

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
Aw, poor Bobby. He was just nervous because of all the hype we gave him when he hatched. It's our fault he kept missing. Gragley joins the ranks of Geodude elites of Johto. The only thing better is a female Geodude that won't get attracted by the murdercow.

Ooh boy I'm a huge klutz so there's lots to choose from here. When I was little I jumped down a flight of stairs pretending to be an eagle, landed on my butt, and bruised my tailbone. My mom had to hold an ice pack against my butt and that hurt. Relatively more recently, I stabbed myself through two fingertips while taking the cap off of an 18 gauge needle when trying to give subcutaneous fluids to a cat. The cat was extremely calm and cooperative so I can't even blame it on him.

Malinok

Derp
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 27, 2021
My dumbest injury is probably when I was heating mozzarella sticks, and afterwards I grabbed the handles of the container... without mittens on.

TWICE

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Trollkitten : Oh no, and I was the type of kid who scraped my knee while riding my bike in my parking lot and went “never again”. >_>

@Lumaeus : Scyther is so strong for Gym 2! Well, now you know! 🔥 🌈

@CasualGameFreak : Ooh, good to know. 👀 I have Bow, but I never thought to use her until I can reach Mahogany Town. (And, honestly, with my access to trade evolutions being limited—I need to be home at the same time as my brother, who is also a college student—I probably won’t use her at all. XD) Your story has the same energy of my friend who was looking at her phone in Disneyworld and walked into a mailbox. I feel like those type of injuries are only going to be more and more common as time goes on!

@Empty Sun : Honestly, the fanart I saw was making my heart go pitter-patter too. XD And Lenora is also beautiful. Pokemon has fantasy creatures and fantastically beautiful people. ✨

@RubyClaw : Bugsy is a Joey devotee too. ✝️

@Electro : rock beats toe

@Skarmizard : I spent a lot of time working on the name of this run! :) As long as I’m spreading the gospel of Don’t Play Sticker Star, I am satisfied. 😌 Lorelockes aren’t for everyone; there’s a lot of stuff to keep track of. But that’s what makes them so fun to read! (Hopefully. :V)

@SayleeK : Look on the bright side: Your hands-on lesson made sure you got the message! :P

@Spectacles : Ah, the curse of the gifted child. 😔 The cat @ you: 🤨

@Malinok : But did you get the mozzarella sticks? 😋
AOTD: I got a toe infection. Apparently, my second toes are abnormally long, so they rub up against my shoes, and… Sometimes, infection can come from a long time of that. luigi gets an infection by doing absolutely nothing

BHPevGXh_t0GhOaGHhk6eoAkml5HxcCjdZVKMC3IrqkAvsurDZObtTy_TcvUa387varbGSkvuBa0yUUm-3IgGqQNeNP55qnNc1ce-d0PTQEJ4p_lsLXfOSOUK8Q7x6bScQOnJw0=s0
THAT SPEAROW DIDN'T HAVE TIME FOR YOUR BULLSHIT, ANTHONY. (The previous screen said "it" was a Spearow.) And neither do I!

Because it's time.

I need to get my bug Boi!
doJ-_6ql8OI9VPaICQvDc6a0eMxdJm_jbyXd3JvI0Gm8fKOjb3OCFQehE-eirspOybsJxssuIuR51Rb8HRNXTmdF5yeomNRh6nlTx4y3NDEBnfw_q8gNx_Cq1MyawzYH7ZFl1bY=s0
Soon. 😌

fyc0fyWdfQ_DjUd_VWh51dyFiTto_n8ZcHAPMAo8S_HPyYefTDfM8ZQhtad9wYqaWPSOJsZHuRFTmcWDGZFhkzMxVgVBgoYsBg-GJ3wJRszAMlzbgW9pR8visqODw6z9KUCq9pg=s0
“Something.”

Sticker:
DzCQ5JNIBrgdDlU_CdkeU56l7BTHLGP-MSQigN25h5GS5_e2huicrsnROg2qw--Mdkiu06ZjA-mxx2P9qxflmsn0kZLk9JFCWkK4K34fY9wjNZwDIf7CnCJcqJnDWoiudSzctlM=s0

LuG5M4OaJflqkTLEpOT4eshuyZT2VEdWtUvGkR6ERWgpQC9I6qjE1M9P15jBvaIc73sgjKzjVNZ2t5Apy-JKqdaKyOGV39URabnYXed-VpTDs-jA0RwH7NqdytMTt6_CMAoJ6AQ=s0
Geez, tough crowd. >_>

Turn 1: Goombario VS Gastly
dSBVK9fz9_96lkU4K2GGJX9gSdaIrv8qkAJhv8-7kktIWJ3EvpapnpSTE1gSjVUlf3lGdEIhaFC_Jw56WN7J8YkZd0iMJraAEOVLCAmHrD2zIKT1imjZFOMEwhBdB8aICmVlojw=s0
lol I just realized how this line, like, hard walls Goombario's current moveset.
Razor Leaf!
Curse!

rGCZkow9gaOKNeXqztOaZrq9pAUa40tvUY4MR2CMrCaV7emE6Rs_iyXBWPAr2vSADv7mb1EeCzgT9fyvcUU9wCgh98_hi8JDmtJu0ul2QEH_rO_2cBEMPGaUIaDRaIkByfIBLuw=s0

Hpox2_c8a_7NGYifNS2K8grXMt7w_jia3SyOIUsIcUczool2CaVBoMBtgGlxqbq2j3uErgM6XuD2RztuVhKswNlx67BgdHkai1LhO1Zn2p80vsRyNlp0GM4AMko_3lt2IiBpHDQ=s0
Oh. Never mind, then.

Turn 2: Goombario VS Zubat
Switch to Bobby!
Supersonic! Miss!

Turn 3: Bobby VS Zubat
Supersonic! Miss!
Extrasensory!

Turn 4: Bobby VS Zubat
Bite!
Extrasensory KO!

Turn 5: Bobby VS Quilava
I know Quilava give the PERFECT EVs for you, and you're meant to be a special wall, but this feels like a trap. >_>

*one team research later*

RPxkkxoQ4mJhYir2eIX1hdpgcLEhn831r8l_dh9DboEibNPV9lm_plQn4M1z7h71xovdkQylN0_a4rlVg_xUIpAz-SLoo3KEBlDqcrqND46B8reQoNU76ulnO8YQ3vE0FqzPDA4=s0
Actually, considering that the only one with higher special defense is Goombario, let's test this out. >_>
Smokescreen!
Yawn!

Turn 6: Bobby VS Quilava
Smokescreen!
Extrasensory! Miss!
😴

Turn 7: Bobby VS Quilava
Switch to Mini-Yoshi!
😴

Turn 8: Mini-Yoshi VS Quilava
😴
Mud Shot! Speed drop!

Turn 9: Mini-Yoshi VS Quilava
😴
Water Gun!

I missed a picture of Silver saying losing to me is ridiculous, but those are the words of someone who has not been awakened to the power of Y A W N. 😤

Turn 10: Mini-Yoshi VS Quilava
😴
Water Gun!

Turn 11: Mini-Yoshi VS Quilava
👀 ‼️ Smokescreen!
Water Gun! Miss!

Ah, accuracy strats. You can see why I wanted to use Yawn. >_>

yWTAYtdS4KBeYLsi7-PnRlPgjFIO7oT_iu4jlJNu6Y4Evk6F9SeSfjF4IVGGhMvyYpiPpnAZTgNmwFecjHalX9KsggVSj6usqtz0wJkPcHQG_xVjJEHRVAa_HjOWmE1vwpUqYK4=s0
That being said, I admire this Quilava's commitment to only causing emotional damage to me.

Turn 12: Mini-Yoshi VS Quilava
Smokescreen!
Water Gun KO!

Q1Pa6069IoZi2zdN97K3qzjyj1IcgJzj6aYffCgHNEbbWrLr1_FrQMwDR77PpsFpsPk4se5ocIXFT129Da5uZEdgcIaOnkSVlorChh52_5Pq1oOa59jRYPMzs7OBwQx_eWxXUoM=s0
...Where is the lie?

4-pjX9LQXZI8Y1ITBmV_BdlkUyK1PqOvPMlFF2n6W85KIpiNZBRtF44u31ruMbvQXeT2h8BEjtdsvhiCOQK1mTUXiQaJnrHljuUm_bx-gu8PZ3yOaMIbPqEGZlef1f0xvZKfyH0=s0
Anthony, remember that I am the Spearow.

Anthony:
w8EMyDPJMbMzflHo0UVu6HbkDu4YgZLO2UNUEBbDWQ8UIpk7fEWte9FjeDLJRqqIqHhOsIrTUctf4SA4FT4tu62qB5s-R9m9GR3s4PKnX-GtCL_l7bE_nEwJQ6Yv4FOC82l6boQ=s0

Anthony, remember that I am the Spearow.
hP9aVdmvR82bwXPkqMsUhLlE9Bw-mOU8YYuU8m90ZF9H9RvAoHvmitfhH5Ur9P6o91t32DzWvfMphHk35wsBWSUuARRynwFZH_FdqikseuKn187zaCaSvcUS7fQDnM0S6Oj76R0=s0
Kc7hCtpx-sIdw0folL7Fhw2DOpqBUkwS3WYgUNZZfL19IC4HHNhlUCk0AHbjR-gJY487LE7--Sbpnvmq1ue01d32QKK_SfBPgdCWXa6ZEDioCk5v-gui_42vdVbd3h8Vch49iMI=s0
Looking at the encounters in Ilex Forest, I want to try for the Headbutt encounters Pineco and Hoothoot. Or maybe the fishing Poliwag or Magikarp. 🤔 special tree???

Either way….
NbMCMINUylulO0HXAlcGolyzIMxhbKzzzBjAvl5tBWn7Pradsc8GeccF3zI1kFLYKrt_cNQkwKXa2j52gSEHgB4TxSi2AhRPUONMN3nRW4apUIWFlcoVbhztpt62MV6ZV3McvQU=s0

qQ_ZEn0-6uHdP34oTpyVwM-hWdZtwWhGU-OrGYNwcEkPkctZ8unks5_pJCOo_UyTG2hrpoo4YghZnKdJqTH4CW-C69VmMuLA1jQeabE7gs8iw5IU8mqRhuBPuN7etgYn3dDNgO8=s0
WORKERS OF THE WORLD, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT YOUR CHAINS. ⛓

Sf4J4bo-GZp9NQLCx-mnPfR1yjy6Ayd5QthSyDCJadU0wFIfX3ZODlx6YroZiMS54PhB8_7gd6yoC8YpfpqjGNvZYy93AVmPXFA61lo-YldlrF_sn994ArVkZ58ABnnBRHQA7B8=s0
Wow. Those are names that could come right out of Origami King. ._. (I like Origami King, but that is not a compliment.)

1m1TTYiqoZG2JnojIr0V64YrdpjETl-4MIdc_1Wlg9o0LqRdB6Qu1XXXXWANW75N5FVJLPPNg4veXfx5zEqkY4OFkBtKtrE37WYQHk_1p-mxpUn-DKnmCRHRVd37JE8yCwLLqRE=s0
GIVING ME THIS IS NOT A COMPLIMENT EITHER! 😠

Gah, this hurts me more than it hurts you, sweetheart. *squeezes eyes shut*
vD13weI8j-YLUDOjqRKiS77b8a0JfAJU-ooJhXanZOYXZ-fv3rVhfnWPd5xpolj2AFb8PbYjWcuUh5PFCPRu40TcJQU8i1eKVfSxR7vy2CLCIbq25bY8zsnf4cevM3PJP5_bx34=s0
DRHeKZwzs0F3xkV2xB-lqVzzNffIZVEsibOjGu0_prJYUIaX_nT6PB4ekBaYNk6i9E3lB48XRBkMy6nlvVDIWo08hCoqYQuXHCRlShqKxCp2rYg-28ZunGgr75dKEI-_QbbfL4U=s0
Goombario learns Cut in place of Tackle!

OiJpCqopcr09gehDeVJF7k1oOZREZBXDCKfI1g5lE5hphlnv8_F_MjQV-jkjOFIXlZLptGNvNcGHAJgukpG2StaQfdEmHQpIpgiI4NM1ZVyDs0pG6D7cCK-14rLgzQCnFu4VhKM=s0
Ggh… We're… so close…

cZHgzWW4S0-ej8RCPQ9yxNjgCJDAD9Vn4pnsHFcOBeIy17ULkGfcleGBXsXwWPKshJD7VeeJ6oJtaEG2uPlXFWv6SqkgOLwJZESf4Wou6Vq3Wmoqp63nj42eaPS9UnqT1RCWdmk=s0

TgpCZIFxYi67yzjwQR78sFsnnQc_iMr29rjl80qQ9vS81iaP-crHxwyUJBtL7oMv55LbI6vHHxPuaQYXKQlveNXCqv3VfPe4uGqrFqhYdS-d3p4lgujCEXcB3F8di8vyEkX1XNo=s0

Sc3MzQysYDSr_d-8mOUqLNFZWMymM7uA4IljysuMmIaGzGKOe4LufCZ_mDqD8ygRfhyQxrfPIPdfoJM4QDqzzkeHDrnzIt8GYhKvcukdRzid_jLrGWpvYAGnrD0GtRA_WLHiLd0=s0

V136d-gYUdfmjMlCDPrLjoDwyVMiV0u-OtG_HhXvkTnXNhohEi8upV7Dv57WyP2BpbdPJXmSx3cFbTXyf0frZgfb86LO4IwV-K5ADdcU1PbGM4KKv5R8LRd9xgqt2uAB8FVPfTM=s0
bsZlml6SJ5Z0xvskGjIxHDjG6tlkamOpQN234DDYuP3CqXFWeQVtptJld038oYrzbPMjqnK0CUrDiWhqzrlG-vfgVN7d1LZvOhv3g__EOgd4Ixo7nDJ0dK3PQNn1L7Uhb3WjIfg=s0
Ms. Mowz learns Headbutt in place of Tackle!

PHLZJdUESVncHxVe4Ibq7c3aWlabvsG8oGXTSXRFLMm6graTArAu3Vg1L61TQVv5d16qbWhrSxpI0bfQOTvOYZIhdW-_qvgmD26VwXK2Yqvepb0Bsll28riWrbM5Unwy6vlT-xY=s0
LYwPoPGn28K66DgcDzTTARSaHSDaHx9XFgAfMGAHP8iWz4_tr2oQAOxQpp5XOcO51TKtxq9XFA71vIu_HBKRWFIfmD6b-GLDyvIqp7b-Kg878ow_xoQ02oAE0AGKUwEfKyiYsfU=s0
Mini-Yoshi learns Headbutt in place of Slam!

Like mother, like son. 🥺

OK, now good encounter, come home to Momma!

z-yPz-6lQGfm1MIQ4vc8ELpCRaE7TA0Qu8-9ituwqlvuZuNmPBbygpWNMcJLXXXlXm0dxeHMMJs509rpaWL09NiuyHfTyE6hQuROMTsw0ysqYqazoabflAKrXE1cljpuOp1iPeo=s0

zrWectOfS_FtyF8CVx8QmSmjWQkWnqXGlunobCeSaYlBqYv-iXkFrE9YIEgWJBilStZEosE-_F_NzqHdu-S7yKaoAu3BlZ8fNj6rztGJfASPMXlYwLTX-1_2shQQvHXKVxYEqPc=s0
…You are not my child.

WqzGvBD6CX45ounApbyPSK8aRw5ESVH56gjZ3GMegr2lzDKh4ywBl6NGjmLtns4alnC0ua3CsmNVTRLtHa9wbHmEmgUDYj1GteN_zpTx7LB8QDTThrafixEogV5D1vf9Z6Wlx9I=s0
haha unless?

Tp8zt8KAA3L-sftuQ_4eqRWICrRBphciWNkIWMX2rhC52rFQ-mXh-92Noqlp3P-BD5MxmdYDLJ5mSE4cEqNea3C0G1-mmW_7BWJxuYXGDFeZO-e0Eju8gVQKtd6PwCGgOPPM48Q=s0
You can evolve this pokemon into Beedrill only once you sacrifice the corpse of a pokemon you control who died (this only requires you to have lost at least one pokemon whose

corpse wasn’t used for any other lore rule).

This is a pretty standard need-a-sacrifice (that has already happened) lorerule. That being said, I would like to use a corpse on a better Pokemon with a lorerule of this ilk. (Also, I don’t think Timpani likes corpses being tampered with? 🤔 )

Would I Use This Pokemon?
No.

AgY4NTPWqc1DcyKCZeIjShAZm1IKRWlbQm1oPE5cr64ufm1hq15i1lVsSEpYyY1pkyhjdy-mUwu8IBW9QrgWpPHzktKQSE3WA6x4IkYlQuxpQ0B0zyT8OgqmPois175ViqB2LXU=s0

DWRJxGlKPE0MMVnycIBGcLgIGTl9kcawZ2BkgFXv2SKT4BMdbr6EfRSyWr6WVxFrsGDJHr88Ym3EIPiAf9wHGK3Diy9XyOYbEfOQshYK5n_5qqqN4eJxlf9h2eis-4bUxD29Po4=s0
I would have even accepted you! 😭 And you suck!
9qwuaiBjweyc2zPdXzG3lg-yMO2I3zQChg60bIwCLB_AYDTEM0uzNDTiydwEmD6jUS6ZZmfKdkj8DWafzwE_xT_NhlGLd123Lf8kqccd0Yr5J5sWawsvZkkdPjDbi-7PbRaU4uE=s0

fvRzRAS6kYUpFKl2ob6u7q84veq4MZ-yePg15Aw-XWqMmgaKKE9FfmauBxLKcpLZReiGBRdLsqsQ1T6D51n9FhPawVjXwfZ3LPJIltE0Rb5E8iwAvKScmSY2sr9GbhTnArHnlOI=s0
X Attack is my new child. 😤

jnzZtLL6M8-aJTl0tSCxCCOPJHyHIZDPSLS10oInGWpP8j0WmNrgfzW_BPecZjqvvtP8JA1ihOTbZDBee50RQ9ZsgRbBvrAUqwVWGz1EDLwJVqj8Zhj6Hpn-RXTv8C0AaiLy-Q4=s0
*remembers how many fire types there are in Johto*
f9BG-p7bINzMu1seS7PMBVjDW9HptdL8xy-ivIASVGjCCAxRi5Oue7y5q0mX7mqsC8MAbTrbiuBPyIzEdq6vhsG0VnUuDbi8DoMEAzxtCzOiYD0YdWDWOSI6BfanrFWbkFI4v5s=s0

ButI did not forget about you!
rQikGTsnfYDbJwELGp2EvskbaVgmsng0OYchHL_H1l_5T4NMCq-Wnne_lNIQo0UZgn9B6sW0e5YWKMbNvKbXTpYaIrFFRkKYzkMWU7ddLEFlBRnPJrF1003_TG_x3qDQSHDzQDE=s0
These are the Azalea and Route 33 headbutt encounters.

yeMw8WflpLFlrsG8RDXnWgAwwjTjoqius9MTrqQbXcZBf5lso7a5iPWlmqqIByAMUm-4frnGlXMnk0dwfcMLLgreT_muOUR1BxmF8xJ1e8LgRyRmutjk0_s_2E1w8XuWxhMNphY=s0
I will live in happy harmony if I get a Heracross. 😊

0-V6bYCbXRtiwi80mS99yjyDWfXu7DbRxH_r8Th13clt_V_BUaNLgxgTqoQsUBKDPjklOSc5_XLIR_9Zxru1hDMmDduffh_YIuQB9U82lfU0yi51AemDNFK9GlAKnqA9xy_uJkw=s0
...Anthony. Why did you send me this.

G1YEZ-bAZnpzw6sU1jKQyUKNb7tGcrKK6vrvKEHhbzstGV6E9n0wi2s1kf5acaQlDtqW8xYWWC_cYCILayiIvBsWFB7uEsL-i4C8ONGv2InQwS56U0rEPBTyC-6p1_F08AzjMoY=s0
Must know a Dark type move if possible. Must know a Fighting type move if possible. Must use at least one damaging move before it can be switched out of battle. If it is hit by a Fairy type move it must switch out as soon as possible.
Fearow is meant to be a fast attacker anyway, and in this generation, it lacks fighting type moves to be restricted by in the first place (unless its Hidden Power is fighting, I guess), leaving only a slot dedicated to a dark type move: Pursuit, Assurance, or Thief.

Yes.

3YLu1qfkBqmKcRFcSa2ZTWCO9aNtH-5StAtWohoA1EXZvHzKRfhID5PMrOaT13ksuP6W7OBB6bdWcfZd4M5E78DNyjFzF4HYx7lDwGGgYe5OgqxXwAtP5Xq7ndhHcYFBP-X6gIA=s0
Azalea Town= Deep Cuts the Spearow: Oni Blood.

u9Ph4a-I-SXNcyHf673zsecoFA5snlg88ElWv5BTFhDCS1g7rLJgsc2PG-Nr88srHqqsIT3v4G9cKoEItTUIMs2V-Vov7X1gccz2D_KPlr58Ky4X4-WUs5UAqvX2D_hGFSryBa4=s0
QSmDS8NKT3FOQwSpmsfv5NtklGsz7J5BApQYW5DLt3sOBcNC0J5Bmryb_CDomEIbKBjkAnK1O1vIwAhzsF-nW6girzR-DPlgAoRbHwjTLfBFMhJMJ9Iw4lUPty3IK98wkSX988I=s0
Realizing I had no Color Splash representation on my team, I took to the wiki. Now I have no idea who this is, but I think Deep Cuts is a pretty metal name. 😎

J8z4vD5WsWV_gfBNa0b2MtcOvKOPAB_TAyQ0ghPMt763cvQNLZkSCzm8t3Nk4d1vDlKaL0a8NYaPP0BPvh5AZi0MP1j8xznuhT2CQC2cwfAwC2b6r7slGYW9eQv_QdjXoLRBiIA=s0
Catching a Heracross: take two!

8lN7J05fPD_eggFv8x4QbMYxWL42a1XkgjyNuGEMTpmLsgq8MWQAyBzofNVfTGBgiWv9wbXcQklOgTswRVaWE_Tl8VnS85bJ1nnZJ4KOnRKVa7DEi7gBSmrrCNfIXyXamor-0bw=s0
When the Headbutt hits. 👁️ 👄 👁️

OK, it’s another Spearow. ._.
nb5mo8fDcbK1x0BkeyVECBQB1keKYeJ1ZL8aNX_Pkaxz8lCpKgPYs6VOPorzfly-0WB6OLnLNGFLyZCJuQI1SBC1KSKUDNh_PYl9MlFfvT-ZiTHUQb4Id6uPbwxtTpkzXEs9lvE=s0
When you catch this pokemon Wedlocke it with another pokemon of your choice (both pokemon must stay at your party at the same time, and if one of the pokemon dies the Wedlocke ends in the end of battle). It mates for life, and can’t be Wedlocked ever again. Whenever this pokemon evolves you must throw away items worth 10,000 pokeyen or a Nugget - if you can’t pay, box it immediately and its Wedlocked partner until you choose to pay. As a Fearow, you may also cancel the negative effects of the lore rule of the pokemon that is Wedlocked to Fearow.
Coming for my money and my team flexibility? Get out of here! D:<

No.

nqmKQE8vBthydYpsGuM3dzhCSmb0CA01bkJ3bK1LRg6MYz8VKPs5BOVxc8_bJI4azWrIfgNdPitNG4LjIixZqPHpJx94ZQFboaMa0VCxu7zWfyJOFHTdOroi4Y_MyK65-1yASbE=s0
HE WAS TRYING TO WARN ME! 😭

Now I really need to think about my encounters.
  • There's a potential Exeggcute in Violet City via Headbutt
  • National Park at night guarantees a Hoothoot, and the routes between them have fairly similar encounter tables if I get a Bad Omen
  • I don't want to use Muscle long-term, but I'd rather not wipe to Whitney, so I probably will get her… which means I can't get Kenya… which is fine…
UgNjQgt_Wm6kCuCSNrPoUEfmKlu_hPKWHIrwDrg5NV8voDjoNgIphbu_ORi90IZEtLYbRYHep-5pspwinU06gEVDBDDyXJIRbpG1fIJMQ2XCDVbab2AC3iuXURpD8eA-2yAHxuY=s0
QOTD: I mentioned Luigi in my AOTD, so this is a good transition. What do you think about the Mario movie news?

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual lorewriter and worldbuilder. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
My view on the Mario movie is that this is either going to be a fantastic movie or a fantastic mess. Possibly it'll be such a fantastic mess that it BECOMES a fantastic movie for it. Or, well, it could wind up just being another mediocre Illumination movie. Which is probably more likely than I give it credit for, but honestly, I find it hard to believe that it could possibly be neither of the two extremes.

Also, Cranky Kong is in it, and I approve strongly.

Empty Sun

that's right, buttholes
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
It might eat you. It might your relatives.
"deep cuts" "oni blood" ow the edge

RubyClaw

🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Umm sadly I wouldn't say luck was on your side this time, but I guess Deep Cuts is ok. Really hope you'll get that bugging bug eventually.

Is that a picture of your guidebook? That's pretty awesome stuff.

Not a hardcore Mario fan so no real opinions other than "cool, might see it".

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
See, for the Mario movie, I can kinda get behind all of the castings... except Chris Pratt. I'm sorry, folks, Charles Martinet is still alive, and Chris Pratt is just gonna sound like Chris Pratt. He's very good at being Chris Pratt! But I don't think he'll be good at being Mario.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I think Charlie Day could actually pull off being Luigi in live-action, and I can see Jack Black being to Bowser what Jim Carry was to Eggman.

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
The lack of Houndour and Houndoom in Johto is a crime. They were one of my favorites and I was so sad to learn you couldn’t get them until post game. Also very much agreed that Far and Fetch’d sound like Origami King names. I liked Origami King too but the characters are just one of many ways the series never quite recaptured as much of the charm as the originals.

As far as the movie, I agree pretty much completely with Trollkitten. Any way it turns out I think it’s gonna be entertaining in some way.

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
Why GF locked Houndour (and Murkrow) in Kanto is beyond me :c
Although these are the same people who had me convinced Skarmory was a Gen 3 'mon until roughly 2010 because you never see it in Gen 2 (give Jasmine one pls). So who knows what they were thinking 🤷‍♂️
Rip the Heracross dream, but at least the Spearow doesn't have a detrimental rule (heck it barely affects it).
I'm hoping the Mario movie will be better than the early-90s trash one was (which is such a low bar that it'd be hard not to pass). It might not be as good as Detective Pikachu, but hopefully it'll at least be decent. Although I'm with @SayleeK wrt not casting Charles Martinet as Mario-that's just not right.

Users who are viewing this thread