• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
Thread Description
A Paper Mario themed Pokemon SoulSilver lorelocke by a decidedly 3D Bowser. Last update: Chapter 8 (11/14).

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
what if you wanted to update your run but god said hackers

@RubyClaw : Geodude Rockslide: Yikes, that makes the key to Johto all the harder to unlock! Now that you put it that way, my question is silly. As for Kakuna Traveler to the Afterlife, that “strategy” (if you could call it that) may come in handy. 🤔

@RisingMew : I feel much the same as you do about Dream Team. You know, now that you mention it, I think my brother has a copy of Bowser’s Inside Story. I’ll have to ask him if he’s willing to let me borrow it. (I’ve heard the 3DS remake, Bowser’s Inside Story + Bowser Jr.’s Journey, doesn’t add much.)

@Empty Sun :

@Lumaeus : Wait, really? 😲 I suppose, when I watched my brother play, he didn’t use Tattle much…

@CasualGameFreak : Re: Origami King. Heh, it’s me. I’m “assistance available for those who need it.” I just reached the part where Bobby sacrifices himself. I NEED to use the name Bobby! Do you have any recommendations for bearers of that proud title?

@Spectacles : There was only one option for the name of the villain. 😤 Fortunately, Hoothoot is available in multiple routes in Johto. The question is whether it will be the encounter I want in those other routes.

@PsyduckEnthusiast : Ha, success! Welcome to the anti Sticker Star brigade, friend.
Re: the QOTD. Seeing the response to the QOTD, I began inputting my Pokemon’s stats into an IV calculator, but then I realized something: Seeing IVs makes me sad. that should tell you something about what I saw

But knowledge is power, and power makes some people happy. Thus, I don’t want to deprive people of that information. I will continue to post the summary screens of my Pokemon with 0 EV investment, so people who want to calculate IVs can uncover that information. (I will note that the picture I took of Goombario is after 1 Attack EV and 1 Speed EV.)

This is the IV calculator I used, if you’re interested.

Grinding playlist highlight:

This is Normalboots Minecraft Hardcore!

If it looks familiar to you, it probably is. The previous iterations of the series were hosted by PeanutButterGamer and his affiliated channels.

But with the reboot of the NormalBoots channel comes the reboot of Hardcore!

What is Hardcore? It’s where a bunch of YouTubers play Minecraft in the Hardcore setting. If a player dies once, they’re dead for good.

It’s like a Minecraft nuzlocke!

Heads up: If you go back to watch previous seasons, you might encounter figures who are now known to be problematic (i.e: JonTron, ProJared).

Here’s my training for now.

SuN3NZt4Qm047E7SHVEKYcZOt7UfJlbRripeSsxqNewiFeV4iK10jqzeSsaeTXfHv1SeZs__KuU6JieCFxvI8rrksUUEQRshXhYVoHVgK5AYM6SQOWmkb4PpydGnrFYTIYBTNWs
No new moves or evolutions, but for future training sessions, I will put those in a spoiler tab.

Annnd I'm in a crisis. “Already?”

What do I get for my Violet City gift? (I don't mean Violet City encounter. My rules allow me to get either Rocky the Onix or a Surf or Headbutt Pokemon for my Violet City encounter.)

There are 4 options, and I've used them all (yes, including Slugma), so I think I'll do what I did for the starters. That's right: It's analysis time!

c7UvYFyPh8aZKfX-YSL4BJ2FHRTjFRe18l5_rqQ3apSfZbcTP_dEpajMCmAxDOImKPMSlhzWIJg5g_9WDvL9xNrWntdUt-X2zq_NoBfaDeP0SjDsg2OrudESfyoo5VNOI4Ax5Dw

4ogDvT9VLlhchEsuVQaqEdMNLT83BnBmh2e-zwW_kjsjThzu-1qjGTQBKTII9eK4IqxkonDvORut3CUL2-Gmk-NzTWLRnEk_SSixz0ZRI4YuYDEcIOKx86y4AvXZ4waBrnsJfMs
Togepi is a Pokemon that is deeply associated with Johto, but I associate it even more with Pokemon Platinum. Between the easier access to a Shiny Stone (i.e: not in post-game), and the fact that the Champion herself gives the egg to you (Great for drama!), I honestly think Togepi shines brighter in Sinnoh than its home region.

That being said, Togetic is a special tank with a great support kit. And I don't think I need to tell you how amazing Togekiss is. Well, Serene Grace Togekiss. Hustle is rough when Togepi starts out and then becomes essentially a null ability. ._.

Now let’s look at Togepi’s lore rules.
Togepi/Togetic comes with a magic egg. You may once in the game sacrifice this egg and resurrect a pokemon who died from a lore rule.
Not much to say here. This is an unequivocally beneficial lorerule!

Would I Use This Pokemon?
Yes. (Preferred lorerule)
These pokemon colors itself as a symbol of spring, life and resurrection. Can’t have two moves of the same type. You can sacrifice this pokemon while it is in your party to save another pokemon from a death by a lore rule.
Same theme (eggs) but different result. This lore rule puts Togepi in the firing line, which is fine… as a Togepi. That being said, the reality is that Togetic has a lot of competition on both the normal type and the flying type fronts, so it could be useful to have as a shield for more important team members. And, regardless, the Togepi line gets a lot of type coverage.

Yes.
This pokemon is very delicate and can’t sustain being transferred into its pokeball too fast. Whenever it is forced out of the battlefield by a move like Roar, 50% that it dies. Whenever it leaves your party, 50% that it will die (not including being caught with a full party). Must know the move Defense Curl if possible.
Well, this rule is annoying. In my last lorelocke, I swapped my team out frequently. I'm not too worried about Roar or similar moves, but I hate the idea of my reserves being so… RNG dependent.

No.
Whenever this pokemon learns a new move, 50% that it becomes permanent and can’t be unlearned.
*cries in unable to swap around support kit*

No.
This pokemon can’t have more than 2 damage dealing moves. You are not allowed to open a trainer battle using this pokemon.
Once again, a lorerule with excellent synergy with Symbol of Imperial Authority! And the Togepi line gets great support moves (i.e: Charm, Yawn), so it’s not like there’s nothing to use for the non-attacking moves slots.

Yes. (Preferred lorerule, since it's kind of cheating to say the lorerule that is solely beneficial is what you'd prefer. :P)
PnOc0kjhb2sAH_eJ36lgaBrTVxZ9vyUmc3Qt3o78zXb1BTuTqShCePDylAeSft7-gcikLAaKDq3sJ76LcOJ2BeoHoTyFPa_Wr8CoCUL7NfkpUO6FwX836IIY5Zgcw-gW4IlRhYA
The (non-starter) mascot of Johto: great availability, great typing (*cough* flying type champion *cough*), good moveset even in gen 2. I've used one, you've used one, we've all used one! Normally, I'd dock it for that reason, but lorelockes refresh even familiar Pokemon. :)
Comes in effect when it evolves into Ampharos. Considered Royal. Won’t follow a commoner and will only follow another Royal in battle, meaning you can’t switch this pokemon into the battle if another pokemon who is not Royal is in the battle. Cancel this effect as long as it holds a King’s Rock.
Hm… Not being able to switch out does make me nervous, but this is Ampharos we're talking about here… And a King's Rock is readily available in this game: in the lower part of Slowpoke Well, after getting Surf and Strength.

Yes.
This pokemon is highly attached to its trainer and to its favorite friend. When you catch Mareep/Flaaffy/Ampharos you must immediately add it to your party, and if it is ever removed from your party it dies. When Mareep/Flaaffy/Ampharos first enters your party randomize another pokemon in your party. If this pokemon dies or leaves the party, Mareep/Flaaffy/Ampharos dies.
Ooh, this reminds me of Tinto and Bhagirathi from my last run! I'm unlikely to bench a member of the Mareep line, so I’m not worried about being unable to remove it from my party. I am worried about who will be paired with the Mareep, but it will be interesting.

Yes.
While it is in your party you may cancel the effect of lore rules of Water type pokemon as you catch them. Must know one of these moves Charge/Signal Beam/Light Screen/Flash/ Hyper Beam if possible and open every trainer battle using one of them.
Ooh, a way to justify having Flash in the main party! Yes, please! Oh, and water type lorerule protection too.

When you catch this pokemon choose a male and a female non-starter pokemon you own. Mareep/Flaaffy can only be in your party if at least one of these pokemon is in it as well, and loses this effect when it evolves into Ampharos. When Mareep/Flaaffy dies or evolves into Ampharos (whatever happens first) you gain an item called “The Golden Fleece”. You can give this item to one of your other pokemon and it doesn’t take the held item slot, it can’t be moved to another pokemon or taken away even if that pokemon dies, and the pokemon holding it is considered Royal, is immune to the effects of negative lore rules related to money and items, and can sacrifice the Golden Fleece to prevent its death from a lorerule.
There's a lot to keep track of here, but I love the "quest" element of this lorerule.

Yes.
qM4YxukrCws8VE3IvkofNMK0jG5bsEuIflTBekYoI0elAt4AnOfa2OFfe_3OpYn08mTWGIEX8cW47TtRKLEd9O7sVtJfR6SbEBTxSTHavl9T4aukpsQcCjzDpKDHhQLgjkLNGVE
While the Woopy Boi is not what most people think of when they think of "the water/ground type Pokemon," the line still benefits from one of the best type combinations around.
Whenever this pokemon learns a new move, 50% that it becomes permanent and can’t be unlearned.
Wooper is less of a support Pokemon than Togepi, so I am less wary of this lore rule on it. Key word: less.

Yes.
This pokemon is a monstrous regenerating giant salamander. Only comes in effect as a Quagsire: While it is in your party, whenever you add a new non-Steel non-Poison pokemon to your party that is lower leveled than Quagsire, 20% that Quagsire eats that pokemon (and if you add Quagsire to the party after removing it from the party at least once, randomize for each pokemon in the party 20% if it eats it). If Quagsire dies due to a lorerule, 50% that it survives instead.
You might be able to guess my reaction to this lore rule: This makes my reserves RNG-dependent (and not just one reserve, like Togepi's Humpty Dumpty).

No.
This pokemon is a parasite who feeds off the food of its victim to survive. When you catch Wooper/Quagsire choose a victim pokemon. If one of them is in the party, the other one must be as well. The victim pokemon can't stay in battle for more than 4 consecutive turns and if it stays for more it dies in the end of battle. The victim pokemon can’t use healing items unless Wooper/Quagsire is completely healthy and without status conditions. If the victim pokemon dies you must choose a new victim pokemon or Wooper/Quagsire dies as well.
I like that I can choose a victim Pokemon. A fast sweeper is a good host: unlikely to take damage, will be switched out against a bad match up anyway…

When trying to catch it, if Quagsire was first to deal damage to one of your pokemon before that pokemon dealt damage to it, 25% that this pokemon dies (switch it out immediately and it is considered dead at the end of battle). If Quagsire is hit by a Fire type move or Smokescreen/Clear Smog/Smog it must be switched immediately the next turn. If it is not switched out (even if it can't), it dies at the end of battle. Must know Dig if possible.
I know this rule only applies to Quagsire, but I like the idea of a faster Pokemon (of which many are faster than Quagsire) being able to "dodge" the RNG. While it sucks that Quagsire can't be used to sponge up fire type attacks, there aren't that many fire type users in Johto. The main disadvantage is being unable to use Quagsire against many Team Rocket members. As for Dig, that TM would probably be going to Quagsire anyway!

Yes. (Actually the preferred lorerule)
mUozKMOMxWjcUOLHakC-I-w_bI4RVDwf77JGbTWSL0ycLfYHSg32WXNMsIAApsbnLHqgTt8nxzOMIDsrvg0fvgqnRe5HUPMXepc5Mx-KEO_ztDlk_XRY-y1UeD-0niov6WZV3M0
Slugma is… bad. But a rare fire type option in Johto and normally inaccessible until the post-game, and I want you guys to see it in action, darn it!

When you catch this pokemon sacrifice a female non-Fire pokemon or it kills a random pokemon in your party. After every two gym battles it takes part in, you must again sacrifice a female non-Fire pokemon or it kills another random pokemon in your party. Must know at least one of these moves if possible: Smoke Screen, Lava Plume, Clear Smog, Smog.
*looks at Timpani* ...OK.

And bold of you to assume you'll be fighting in many gym battles, Slugma. As for the move requirements, those are likely moves you'll be using regardless.

Yes.
This pokemon is a prince/ss hiding inside a shell who only seeks to help others. It is considered Royal. Can’t stay in battle for more than 3 consecutive turns, unless it used Harden/Defense Curl/Amnesia/Shell Smash in one of these turns. As long as it is in your party choose a lower levelled pokemon and you may cancel that pokemon’s lore rule (you may only switch to another target pokemon if this one has died).
Hi, Nyos!

It'll be hell to train up baby Slugma to be higher level at first, but in Johto, most new Pokemon caught will be pretty low level, so that grind should only need to happen once. There is some turn management going on here, but I enjoyed that dynamic in Omega Ruby, and I want to explore it more here.

This pokemon appears as part of a volcanic eruption. There is a 35% chance for every pokemon who doesn’t resist Fire that was used against Slugma/Magcargo to die (after the battle). Must know two Fire type moves if possible.
How do lorerules like this work for gift Pokemon? 🤔

Well, the point is moot here, because if I want Slugma, I'll just put everyone but Cragley in the PC.

Yes.
While this pokemon is in your party you may cancel the lore rule of every other Fire, Ground and Rock pokemon in your party and the effect of lore rules of Fire type pokemon as you catch them.
Logically speaking, this is the best lorerule out of all the ones I have analyzed here because it makes replacement Geodude a safe possibility.

Yes.

B7ZwzrgcZvtBjYuHXoB47CGJx-aMdGcIo2djGAXBlXHd-CGGJwe4pX59Xv0_m_YNeLroBnT34EI0xtUp56DWebwzf3CENEB59XPVoY5wiGcoBziR6IRoP3N4SGUfwBVqQOxjbq4
I rolled a 5, so my options are as follows:
Peacekeeping Dove Togepi. That is all.

We can’t pick, though, until we roll to see what set of lore rules we are picking from!
kcFhdoHqRT7xE0vusRcFJ3WsWIXKAaZrOMcO94cj-Y4y-J1V3A1sTQiX2Ql8t1yqSSqYbudDZig9R7cDy6BoQMGNyVydPr6CwtmlQooFBm05pn3syzofQ4RLf0OP367muqgTNB0
...Only Chikorita has 5 potential lore rules. I guess we’re picking Chikorita, then!

Wow, history repeats itself!

You know, unlike the Chikorita line, I don't think I've ever actually USED the Togepi before, despite how many Togepi eggs—in both Johto and Sinnoh—I’ve hatched.
geBt9p3_RLllHc6Ie-NU0zkmFc46vbZPAAXoFcuk_WQe2hU-NtjXOliZ0VReLfWR4P4w0btvJNIKXyrsJo-I7k2R-BQexKuH4oiYTEVW9vwp9fzulM2IhuYZIM5FaA3XXajqwWQ
Maybe this will be your run, little guy.

...Anyway, let's see what routes we can access for encounters.
  • Route 36 (well, no, there are no Pokemon in the currently accessible area)
  • Ruins of Alph (Technically, although I want to save my encounter for when I'm Surfing or Rock Smashing)
  • Route 32 (No technicalities!)

Looking at the Route 32 encounter tables, I want to avoid Rattata (dangerous lorerules) and Hoppip (plain sucks), which I can do by making it nighttime!
5CeK7lb.png
...This trick only works in SoulSilver, for some reason.

h0L3Clw.png
Thank goodness you're not blocking me from tall grass, sir. You are officially better than Sudowoodo!

Sudowoodo enjoying clogging up intersections:
CNJYWiWFep_DrrVip2SmUKD0b_TtX6IKYB7d19_jtMxJrxmN4FWBnl0QJIRJSsgM4OBbCo_wxAMzqschhzaFTgcZxAnACYDZfnSv2IBO9HD09omxdJSDmr0_UkYe8Rqo7iueibo

YFt1TcK.png

dbP5F0ILf86_IYPh19SiPlAqBMyd6_rnH95ni-V3ngNkfcy88D8s6p4ktlsfuW5Kh9P6x2t6gdN2w3QkMiT2xuINyRh0QLLYOuxYuyhdJx_Ao_v8fXqUpAy5PFNUGy0IAsVqTIE
Yeah, you better run!

Wooper has 3 lore rules.
Yxz4hrj.jpg

Wooper is less of a support Pokemon than Togepi, so I am less wary of this lore rule on it. Key word: less.

Yes.

Route 32= Mini-Yoshi the Wooper.

8zgrkrd.png
Zj8b8ZJ.png
Mini-Yoshi has a Rash Nature (+ Special Attack, - Special Defense). While I can’t say it’s an ideal nature for a Wooper, I can make this work. I mean, I can grind Special Attack EVs in Sprout Tower with impunity at night. And, more importantly, Water Absorb is better than Damp! (With the exception of that Petrel fight from Hell. >_>)

Now to Sprout Tower we go! At night.

tjpx13S.png

Gastly has 5 lore rules.
tfbHQJE.jpg

This pokemon was a monk that stole from the charity of its temple and was therefore cursed to stay at this ghastly form. It can’t evolve into Haunter unless it repays its debt to society by donating items worth 20,000 pokeyen to the city where its temple resides (randomize among all cities that are pre-E4 in your region where this temple is. You must go there to make the donation).
Well, that's a lore rule that doesn't make this frail Pokemon even more frail, which is a win in my book! I’ll be honest, though: Depending on which city it is, though, this Gastly will likely not be used. >_>

Yes.

*a million turns of throwing Pokeballs and using Leech Life to whittle down later*

Sprout Tower 2F= Bow the Gastly: Sogenbi.

U3tXQnZ.png
VdNiBtG.png
Bow here has an Impish Nature (+ Defense, - Special Attack).

y i k e s

Will the town give us a d o u b l e y i k e s ?

Towns in Johto:
  • 1= New Bark Town
  • 2= Cherrygrove City
  • 3= Violet City
  • 4= Azalea Town
  • 5= Goldenrod City
  • 6= Ecruteak City
  • 7= Olivine City
  • 8= Cianwood City
  • 9= Mahogany Town
  • 10= Blackthorn City
  • 11= Safari Zone Gate (Hey, Bulbapedia said it’s a town.)
dJepihb.jpg

I rolled a 9, so I can’t evolve this Gastly until I sell items worth $20,000 in Mahogany Town. Honestly? Normally, I wish HeartGold/SoulSilver made Johto more linear. But this is not a normal circumstance! I guess this means Pryce will be my fifth Gym Battle. You know, despite his ace being weaker than Jasmine’s, I’ve always gone west of Ecruteak before going east. This will be an interesting change of pace. I wonder which route I will prefer? 🤔

jyuhaUL.png
Spoiler alert: This man LIES!

I also want to give a shoutout to the tagline my official guidebook gives to Sprout Tower.
JTZ49de.png
"...eliminate doubt," huh? Eliminate doubt so you can be lied to!?
1GAQowb.png

WIgqlXc.png
*looks at moving central pillar* …*and the history of sacred towers being destroyed in Johto*
QJ6DPbg.png

ncdIETL.png
unlfQEB.png
Apparently, the legend is that a Dynamax Bellsprout became the central pillar. Don't let the people of Galar catch onto this design trend!
5V4U0zY.png

mDpcmd7C6gWeKvNrLUOuuGwBO5F4WJhavKYj1lcbvqXYL8adw9rZh-gvNOsG6y1sA7o4Sr_BfnTDrtZanu9cch7W9BhCKlKiMlL-SZZGqVeP0FlSPF4tUu_z9yxu6iJIVgum37g

5DPtagU.png
Now that Timpani has evolved, I'm going to put her in the box, since I'm generally happy with the lorerules my team has and don’t want to risk a death forcing me the re-roll.

Although this encounter might change that: Rattata. Yes, I know I can go time travel again to get a second Gastly, but since I did indeed catch my first one, I'd like to grab Rattata so I can use it for Dupes Clause.

4R4i6rq.png
Indeed, I encounter my guaranteed Rattata—and at level 6, no less! 👀

Rattata has 4 lorerules.
tfbHQJE.jpg

You must add Rattata/Raticate to your party right after you catch it. Then choose another higher levelled pokemon in your party. As long as Rattata/Raticate is in your party and is lower levelled than that pokemon, you may cancel that pokemon's lore rule. If Rattata/Raticate ever leaves your party, release Rattata/Raticate.
Ah, I love this rule! Bhagirathi, my Minun in Omega Ruby, had this rule. I wish I could have gotten it later when I, for example, had a full party (or could actually use it on my poor Gastly, which I boxed), but beggars can't be choosers.

A6ZjgK4.png
Sprout Tower 3F= Ms. Mowz the Rattata: The Lion and the Mouse.

wx2tFby.png
8xsJiBD.png

Ms. Mowz has a Modest (+ Special Attack, - Attack) nature. DEFINITELY not fitting for the character! Although, in a way, it is. geddit cuz ms. mowz is bad

OK, now who to link to...

To be honest, the choice is clear. Out of the Pokemon in my party, Mini-Yoshi's Neoteny is the only one I'm worried about. Even if Ms. Mowz doesn't make it far, Neoteny, if I'm reading it correctly, only refers to NEW moves being learned (i.e: not the moves Wooper comes with and not moves Wooper learns while its lorerule is not in effect for whatever reason). Is that correct, @RubyClaw ? 🤔

In a way, it's also fitting: My party members from TTYD are friends! ^^

ySd79bd.png
Elder Li: “...But you need the real super power of teamwork!”

IF YOU CARED ABOUT POKEMON, ELDER LI, YOU WOULDN'T BE GIVING OUT FLASH TMs!

FWOw8nB.png
Yeah, Sticker gets it!

a2yVpGL.png
I didn't realize you can get the Escape Rope before fighting the elder, lol.

ErkwTNZ.png
OH NO, JOEY KNOWS THAT WE SEQUENCE-BROKE. Please have mercy on us, m'lord! 🙏

rBJydb4.png
...Sticker already left, Goombario.
QOTD: Do you generally watch the Olympics? How do you feel about it? Have you behaved any differently because this Olympics was delayed? Have you behaved any differently because this Olympics takes place in Tokyo and has had some video game references?

Last edited:

Empty Sun

that's right, buttholes
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
It might eat you. It might your relatives.
goombario isn't looking at sticker he's looking at you implying you are your own enemy

CasualGameFreak

Discord Resident Extraordinaire
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
Pokédex Entry
Despite being a Grass-type, Casual is a flaming lesbian. Fire and Grass don't usually mix, but somehow it works out here.
Alright! A team coming together! Not bad!

Good to see things have largely been proceeding smoothly on the rules front.

Normally I love the Olympics and pay attention to them when they're happening. They're usually an opportunity to see mainstream exposure for lots of sports that wouldn't otherwise get that attention out here in America.

Unfortunately, due to a string of controversies relating to problematic decisions (chief among them being the Sha'Carri Richardson case and similar instances where rules have been applied in a manner that seems to target black women) I've decided to boycott them this year.

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker, Completionist and Rule Designer
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
About Gift pokemon - Up to you. I usually refer to them as catching encounters for all purposes, so rules that come in effect as the pokemon is being caught are affected the minute you get the gift.

About Neoteny - Yep, that's correct! This is intentional so you'll have some control over the moves of this pokemon. e.g. "Quagsire wants to learn Amnesia" or there's a good TM you want to use that will help you in a specific battle - cool, go for it! However, you're not sure I'll want to keep this move until the very end. Is it worth 50% risking being stuck with it? Hopefully that way it adds a little strategy to the process.

Great update as always, had a blast reading, and wonderful analysis! Ah, classic lorelocke luck - you get a Rattata with Lion and the Mouse! And it's Modest :P.

I do usually follow the Olympics, though I have watched this year's Olympics far less than pervious years and not nearly as much as I wanted to, mainly because I'm sadly quite busy. I mainly try and catch up when the Israeli team performs (so far it's been a pretty good Olympics for them compared to previous years which is really cool, Gold in men's Floor Exercise by the amazing Artem Dolgopyat!). I also like to follow martial arts and sometimes gymnastics. Oh and I personally find it pretty cool and fun that they decided to refer to Japanese Video Game culture.

Lumaeus

The Hero of Vine
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Brave
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is trying its best to fight the good fight.
Despite the dangers possible, you've managed to avoid great pitfalls with your lorerules. Big congratulations are in order! But the real first tests are next time. You've got this!

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
I had no idea that the baby yoshi you name in the thousand year door is unofficially 'Mini-Yoshi'. Interesting! Omg I get so excited when you name your Pokemon. Ms. Mowz!!! Very fortunate with that lore rule there.

As for the question of the day, I do not watch the Olympics but my friends who live across the street do and we had it on casually one day while we were hanging out and I do enjoy seeing the athletes celebrate together when they win :)

RisingMew

Currently yelling about Sw/Sh
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
A calm and nocturnal creature with a fondness for reading.
You're right--the 3DS remake of Bowser's Inside Story doesn't add much AND it's in the same (unfortunate) 3D style as Dream Team ;o; Definitely stick to the original if it's available to you!

Some interesting new additions in this update! I'm particularly excited to see how far that Togepi will go, given that its lorerule should work well in the team! It's honestly kinda funny that both times you rolled a five that eliminated the other options, you got your preferred lorerule for that 'mon XD

QOTD: On my own, I don't usually watch a lot of TV (which also means that I don't watch of the Olympics), but I've been back at home a lot lately so I've been watching a lot with my family this year! I think it's really cool to be able to see sports that don't otherwise get a lot of coverage, like Gymnastics, Diving, Athletic Swimming, and Equestrian (my favorites from the Summer lineup). The delay of the Olympics hasn't particularly bothered me at all, though it kinda sucks to see the competitors having to compete in empty arenas :( I haven't noticed a video game theme, but I've only caught bits here and there so I totally could have missed it! I think it's neat that it takes place in Tokyo tho, since I've always wanted to visit Japan and the views I've gotten from the downtime between events have been really pretty!

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
Okay, this is fun, loving the work you've put into adding silly meme images into this :P The amount of things you have to keep track of and the strategizing you have to do in a lorelocke make my head spin, but I like reading other people do it!

TBH I didn't watch any of the Olympics except the Gamarjobat performance in the opening XD I did look up some events, though, for talking to my ESL students about which events their countries placed in :v

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
@Empty Sun : Me @ your theory: haha unless

@CasualGameFreak : Almost too smoothly. 😬

@RubyClaw : In my Omega Ruby run, I re-rolled rules that would make me unable to use a Gift Pokemon, but I’m really trying to play a lorelocke “as intended” this time! I think I’ll follow how you play those rules this time—if for no other reason than to see what rules I prefer for future lorelockes. Ah, it’s always fun when there’s a shake-up! It’s no fun when it’s the same countries placing in the same events.

@Lumaeus : And both tests are in this update. 👇 One of them was much harder than the other.

@Spectacles : As I recall, official media for TTYD (including the Prima guidebook) refer to the Yoshi as “Yoshi Kid.” I wonder why he’s called “Mini-Yoshi” now. 🤔 Personally, I call him Gonzales. :) Whatever his name is, he’s very good friends with Ms. Mowz! She looks out for her little dino-axolotl baby. 👶

@RisingMew : Clearly, this Togepi is destined for great things. 🔮 as long as it doesn’t have hustle I have to wonder if the competitors prefer the empty arenas. 🤔 I know I would, but I’m not a world-class athlete. i’m not even a regular athlete

@SayleeK : The memes do require effort! 🥺 There is so much content in the Olympics that something has to be an engaging topic of conversation!
AOTD: I hardly ever watch the Olympics. Maybe I’ve been spoiled by Mario + Sonic At The Olympic Games (the Dream events on the 2010 one are lit), but while I love hearing about sports and countries that are generally ignored in American media, I don’t think the sports themselves are interesting to watch. Bless the people who make highlight reels of actual days of content. You must have such patience..! That being said, I’ve been loving the Olympics Google Doodle this year. 🐱 🥷

Last time, we got the strange impression that Goombario doesn't like our Lord and Savior, Tamer of the Top Percentage of Rattata, Youngster Joey. We also got a Rattata of significantly lower percentage, among other Pokemon.

This time, we stop this evil old man from introducing Flash to innocent children! First it's Flash, then it's Rock Smash, and, before you know it, you're already at Whirlpool. 😔

...I'm admittedly unsure whether Elder Li calls for needing my Symbol of Imperial Authority at my side, but I know that, as tempting as it is to send Tubba Blub out, my Zubat does not stand a chance against his Hoothoot.

So I'm thinking it's down to Goombario, then Cragley to deal with this. I'm sure I will say that many times this run. XD

nBcASON74JGkDXeX2VfkV3Rei8DtRMzaUyvW2AvmhtkjkW5gG2gD5a19IpsHsz3VnMAZ4qfILxjtTvGEnjA0OTu95GjEiHIzHBmGYzceji6ApNOZJEQZhQmBjuaRzEPDjkotUc0
VS Elder Li!

Turn 1: Goombario VS Bellsprout
Tackle!
Growth!

Turn 2: Goombario VS Bellsprout
Tackle!
Vine Whip!

Gee, it would sure be a shame if your set-up move wasn't actually compatible with your attacking move… (Sh! He still thinks we're in gen 2! 🤫)

Turn 3: Goombario VS Bellsprout
Tackle!
Vine Whip!

Xog2S2edO87pAT0xj2qZmG_ls1tr9v8MKmentudoaVZ99fAbJwmw5ArQEtfAfoShu2-7cEGkFA6G_rpPqam4_IiPAHiPFK8AX-NwuYrU1G0DHUNJ-cNKqDanC2GSyce1grOO-oo
Man, maybe I need more Attack EVs. >_>

Turn 4: Goombario VS Bellsprout
Razor Leaf!
Dodged! Vine Whip!

Ry-niYUIrJONstxcPgZJkXNFkr21zjHppZ5HU_pKINWM8qUYxypS3ooJeGQaEsIZSCO7Ad33yCnswc8pr3Iz0xciEkDFZhuqBOiTSMaK7ZZx5gBYjCbBxOatblbD0HSm67KFgEA

f_d8-Rmo4Xi90IvV95gC7u6u9GBUhq0LoxQTwXIaTJWpOYei6XYy_K0DwjQ3sHUC0S7HrBX_FySERCkW8tHHZRDdB6LH6oH4huOpqI7t2aWVcBGtt3RkMenxFwiZiBBpXkKClKY

Turn 5: Goombario VS Bellsprout
Razor Leaf! Bellsprout KOed!

hYcqJraonlvYbxKVA9akYH-4NBor21MDgjCJm85uNG7g-oL0FmVKI9zlVx50bm_BrIz59CyJM8HeM1lPQ0GfWDCkRXIJpgnA38ee8hhgWITEYkd-WWT1OfCS_GEwPhN3zwQSn_Y
No I'm still angy

Turn 6: Goombario VS Hoothoot
Switch to Cragley!
Hypnosis!

kETwBshGoE8FUQmd7DC4KYvzApdfvoRnsDha0RVSTxk0ZW9l7reWWvUxrc_rJq9qoSaDRaJADkcz9z5U5BrO07o5yeYDAj7FxVmuzts01gX_nEJXUjW61T5xEiis5zRvrtdj0fQ

yMB2DMBTCXQoSOIbb_WyKFJlH4C5Nw7hi4orbMRC6x3olUmrRAmP46fFCSNcHj9X9v-bEckP60bDGfRhEc_xgUOnvx7ytvCpktVddYTT7-rfqa2ILGA5vRsZVCtHPHz9_RhOf8w

Turn 7: Cragley VS Hoothoot
Peck!
😴

Turn 8: Cragley VS Hoothoot
Growl!
😴

Turn 9: Cragley VS Hoothoot
Peck!
😴

Turn 10: Cragley VS Hoothoot
Peck!
👀 ‼️ Tackle!

ydhcFSgo8m032M9QAI1fN4QGNUv5K_YpxatqdTmSPcJ1aatMzsh2T_4qfKgfrCZjcnOQkFk9JXSf7kDnLHpKItl-uDK7ngQMmixXolVOwKlZ4GLk6ucwJjpVzyFHcViAMdKGhng

Turn 11: Cragley VS Hoothoot
Hypnosis!
😴

Turn 12: Cragley VS Hoothoot
Peck!
😴

Turn 13: Cragley VS Hoothoot
Peck!
😴

Turn 14: Cragley VS Hoothoot
Peck!
Rock Polish!

Turn 15: Cragley VS Hoothoot
Tackle! Miss!
Hypnosis!

RzUj2WXI3AlZWFv7B6gE1Y3EUlijuApm79Y0vis4JfcXRm3fQV1lFRJ6E4gGPUJfXspNUKx8hHNFT-UB1MaHvGNAwpIf9E1fdoSpDAIawc4bbpGgG5ooblI_HHzBfQZaJL45Fks

Turn 16: Cragley VS Hoothoot
Switch to Mini-Yoshi!
Peck!

8N13A8qhCHD6hFXc86Mm008SeuzKsdpToL8U4v7peUSiXjLgnPoOFyWCTB6kLwpaKCcrgWj0VF-qZbJHyK6RR9vPSEdOdX9QcoEfn_-qbp_3bOGet3_Fz8u1HTbJt9sByrg4Nd8

Turn 17: Mini-Yoshi VS Hoothoot
Water Gun!
Peck!

Turn 18: Mini-Yoshi VS Hoothoot
Switch to… Bellsprout!? The AI switches!? 🤯

e48hacWKxB7LnkB4sN5Mt9Zo-r5EYI16gqwy0PvEzO--cdD-RR9b074EBBxpiI_FN2u9tK1ZqCfWc0uHJru818MFn_vwX-VWeseNso0MAbqJVS9guwpMEGClHn3DgF_BAwkDNY8

Turn 19: Mini-Yoshi VS Bellsprout
Switch to Tubba Blub!
Vine Whip!

Turn 20: Tubba Blub VS Bellsprout
Supersonic!
😵

All right, with Tubba Blub, I can go on the offensive-

pzbmFrvi_V1D8uw8747jHQuW8Ji9n9F6kATLpsO7g34cZTRMI-RuheknzSZWsNEbT2ESbFk1XydGo37XORorkK1VvJ8wb5dkKoGG3tYw-lQ3EOyKwE5KyQUDaiVHCGgFHgFbrXM
*sees how little PP left there is for Leech Life, since Astonish can't hit Hoothoot* Never mind! Back to Plan A!

Turn 21: Tubba Blub VS Bellsprout
Switch to Goombario!
😵

Turn 22: Goombario VS Bellsprout
Tackle! Bellsprout KOed!

Wait, I missed that screenshot! Mini-Yoshi learns Mud Shot at level 9- ...Oh, wait, its Neoteny is canceled. I got Ms. Mowz just in time, I suppose!

Turn 23: Goombario VS Hoothoot
PoisonPowder!
Peck!

Tu-5HyG5wNsZqM2vyar2AuTZkX85o103Kh-nSoKIdedNocY4-q5bXDlpcVCWsbowbV93GQtJ20IRBFcuC7JNjLXQ_sMprtCKdyu3nXaMVtvr_sJJt22OTlXD21-qkV_Z2IHSA5s
Goombario, your work here is done. Now that Hoothoot is on a timer…

Turn 24: Goombario VS Hoothoot
Switch to Cragley!
🤢 Peck!

Turn 25: Cragley VS Hoothoot
🤢 Peck!
😴

Turn 26: Cragley VS Hoothoot
🤢 Peck!
😴

Turn 27: Cragley VS Hoothoot
🤢 Peck!
😴

Turn 28: Cragley VS Hoothoot
🤢 Peck!
😴

OWneVaOktQAOVJ2GWrRIlij07JJ6TLATED-SFf2zIOET5nRxZjgP3q4qFmTTQ6V3-_Y6RSIcHDtZwii_Zxx46HKlRRQFrQDj98B9au6p7f0Vuo0yTDtL5vKuyRDNCqPzPAMeG3E

Well, congratulations, Cragley. You won by doing absolutely nothing.

8EYBbpDWnXNEPbqi-hIH2HO2kfob_6nHfheweG18Ln7PgsXliQ21beFPd-UdKq-tWj5BaSoJzTvg4U8N41lRinSB4PXwfQDEQ6D9zu4entFrgsoYYqmmQEXVmSMGhiaw7CwHRHg

chP-nN1NIUj_p3CTBbjhdLX9E00ibDqOR_kTNtMWrrHJ2oDsjpq1-5ub6KjSd5uIS0_ZwUjaSJR3uQaGP-M_yzrvyDsbhJ3Zcu_F-ey-nm_GIdSo_d9hPtOREhwPtlUtkCWLMD0

UC_NhJ1Lk9wg2C309KSSKQQ78ahKPLLH_de4wOjIoKD1W73jOXBsp7imOtNCs8hPRPTwZIG5iIQvJNixkkLVFC_Np6PV0jCP0sh5Ey1GlfpjGyoIZQLx3P5tjcYzoTWO4jlBxGU
MS. MOWZ, WHY CAN’T YOU FLASH!? 😭

aswlxEnXq3esAMF0vEdkqYBzCbvovLEHjqFBXFsEWWdEvsQhWPMK5koay3yWKNjTt2GxGBJdJpR5zZjj7GGR_KbcnI_erLaywRdYoWfAHdEEPw43eozErgc-fkzuBuMohk7Bn64
Oh no, you're right. We've angered Dynamax Bellsprout, the God of Flash!

THE POWER OF JOEY COMPELS YOU! ✝️

Primo is the lorelocke.
TC1516V2QmB9Y8Bp5Ot3COvyGXDirn5VWqiuZc928pKjT7dR5I51XIJDSN3-f5ML-VVkcOebjWUuvu2BcH__X1nYz-c5-6rzAzzX9Pl_hVFmep7zF3DdUbnEF7D9F-Hz31Pvl5g
JDOOqnkcDZX4awF30uBHqd6KCeM8qT6Vz-RfTl6yqIHa9T5lws7EEpoi8RM45q4_jv99ukL3Y_pFZ-PuImbtwFpppbbLg9MloP7Qc3IIPjpjU6KWrKcrFyRhlr2uZEsPXC3rW2g
Don’t worry—this was a secret code for one of the PC box backgrounds, not a Pokemon egg. Don’t know what I’m talking about? Check out this website.

I’m grinding to level 12 or 13 for everyone!

Level 11= Mud Sport → Rock Throw on Cragley.

Level 7= Focus Energy on Ms. Mowz.

Level 12= no Synthesis on Goombario.

Level 10= Focus Energy → Bite on Ms. Mowz.

kmypwdMsfsHQy2wSbHes1FeM5jzHqJLDVPGpflI-ZXyIghA3ileDFa9Eut7NIph6OLZDxEZoUkRioHKncAsBdBkqGyhz_bnZBekU1SsvtKm8Qq6_3KaTCNrL9K2iLnb7JxnLBds
Joey is EV training. King.

zkDgfA0Oyfo_gd7NXCy8dhnRcTM30F-SyQj-doeBCveclXTrhyb5uwe2JV2xmQPMSx1Sji9Blh8uvxNi-_2ftsvqebeuP-8fdJozQTw9RuVE528ZGEkgv8-G0RF00K7APOidbtg

Alternatively…
KQkFavoNxPaTzdXgEd3jll3LuIZJrpGfUEGnp-2D16Y4p7fCHGP3EtE6MB3SPrH-hQZrUDU_UZaZhzzFc_MaNXFlXHapDs4RpCAXB3CRuVQz4NJ6DebeRWrbCwU3qWscFmvcE6c
First encounter I see tonight… 🌠

QIsyhuLs99saN-_8mKQsy74roNgVciKbMmrNlc_JY9e_l2J7PzTKLSqytaCiBeNKra3TDblsMWEvX3r68XeQdC5NCuW7N-TtUf3XNBY8pDH7XT_QR3pNndLy2lW2-66GWQlnuaI
Excuse me, Falkner!? Are you going to let this man get away with murder!?
txdZ_dGxa_UzDirFZGZD0fOAWc0dM6kQ6FZQcj53u6Or-Hz6sJwueWIobwpdhCoOfCQBOE_2Q5AsyVu4caWY1AsDwbhRLALsy13jlVixm2B0SCkTLOEwE6n5GOi6f6qh8V02oo4

LTTV2vdHiK40ekmsm_HiFxthblfiwlF-5fTtIdK_sLqi_fFvBT50HY_ut93sULFrcGMlgHBWy2ZLa7cznAI_Ca8v3xAbLL5P4W8No_WzGbcNf46cWkIvrq8feYXVGbBiN0fTnIk

iCAAZ7j29z6oBM3RzrZ6vzWGnM9y-nPWlRF9j_xk09mOGgkL3vATOahacilvmEuI4UWhTu_gEVYXqvGgHr_v9uNU_sKC_0Yu7oq2qnPZIWsXmNCEaPJcezSVACtO4AqJZWAEaNg

I think my strategy is clear.
hgCi2u2lsxz_ALUTEG7G9UoDCLYaqfKVulFI44OfTrOtj9p60n_3zoi5VvH3JYIwQgCcmIIy-Ht_N51Aw4-lU9mWZuJuWdkr9Tb1kTNRaQbpWoQ8XTysRBPPEnQ5POR8OsMHSj0
I mean, yeah. What can Falkner do to a Geodude? If he, I don't know, had a flying type with access to a psychic type move, maybe he could counter Geodude. Too bad none of those exist. 😔 Even needing to start with my Chikorita doesn't make a difference.

MPV6VKzrGC95sVVVyGF5Nz13-RSWfwDAnfVm0gaRzFCnLPvzg0NLP0DymmLffPpidsLYIDmYFx55wxOOZn_7EvtJgWgIoDBDGcmJNTULitbhyoINg_yBq_4aD5HV4ZbqU2poz6Y
VS Falkner!

Turn 1: Goombario VS Pidgey
PoisonPowder!
Tackle!

Turn 2: Goombario VS Pidgey
Razor Leaf! Crit!
🤢 Sand-Attack!

Turn 3: Goombario VS Pidgey
Switch!
🤢 Tackle!

Z3WRGdbYBVKNegdin1r9HCbJVcmZiw5EWXjzzDt9ZbYgYLaXLWjeyvqdniNze79eu3-5-KjMR9X55Ilstrsvn3quHXyKMWrcSdxEZg9LyjLqb9lR4mSHBs8jeOtbi1MF5Hwfh1I
Goombario, if this were my encounter, this would be perfect.

So either Falkner is going to, like, die to poison or use a turn to heal. Since this is Set mode, I will need a turn to get Cragley in….

mrBfEPH8ook5LGHJlzf8At1Dts_HC-yMLVeCjMirjUrZwuIz7BLBEziiY5HuYdVx54xpPejHsZmfnOruE_6RMxDYqpVnqgFEOEE9SIhcZpM1KmZu_imyJRN21mZRD4n20Zjg5yE

NkQyY8Kp7j8XOmbkLKGrjdQZTbXCrTbtgZJSxeDpT3ft7cin4PBJmYzrYHUbxVZbRUE0YKDMk6yIIJLzzJLHFsJFHL55G4yMSMkRMKsYQApn9deiWU8fRkThLcXnyChtifDT6RY
I see you have chosen… death.

Turn 4: Cragley VS Pidgeotto
Gust!
Rock Throw!

cRSTlVKQ-yMez3nQ1FMIpsMNhvAXEfKJOipqyHeFx8rI05cl1JfNhIEV2zoAo-txEOraXMZOORjHdCeB0RU5Xr48JuGOzSTvKnokdjHuG5l2e26kujQMrEc4MBom_YxejsDD9Ig

Turn 5: Cragley VS Pidgeotto
Roost!
Rock Throw!

Weec1ZjYp3osJEyx6fXWhy8QOlsvBB5Xzs-CXK60eAG9tofRoaBK1S2BHB7DvKITgvt1WF30yZCgSDS5UGn3uRg_K9-M0LOctGktWzD0JehzjEjqkVkDMGuQ_cldZpaiCZetwTw
Come on, Falkner, don't do this.

Turn 6: Cragley VS Pidgeotto
Gust!
Rock Throw! KO!

Thank you for not doing this! c:

izmmDQMwZXV7vMqe4wy0Fu77mwZejDG_byq9Y5bgZtvetksu2N60dUmkWDqKB4eKjTF_G_bajvXyZNBb_kueG710h7iEz5zWMHxL9h3X9Pl8qMjJGUvwOgx6ycSs_OdifIOWIRE
3gK6an4YuCLzQw3jC5PQ615Rr8LVklpH2_ke3XZKqOLdVJuBKmtHWYz2HB5qcpI3n4PXYwwlHjTBbN6FxDWz1wG9M7QH0qEm2WYOMqsyp4Ssm19bCDPOD3y6yRBhFbGZf9U31jA
Comparing these two Cragley level-ups in one place… no, I don’t know where the apparently special defense EVs came from? Only our Lord Joey knows. 🙏

Oj2_IKwVyYCewYbUs0UejEAL8Kjj5FgBNZSaUwxgaZdW-zFrJcA8Q70X9ly0anLw1yBcd7pRQrKAH_t0v6NjnUrHmUWG7JZV_565f8ncqLuBlWj79PaBiTImkVbo8i6cv__M7AU
Aw, don't worry, kiddo. Your dad will forgive you. :)
f5hXiV3bQRgyxNCxLyUj5buWIShFGFtH8kBGz9nru0-1JH461KTtSaCxvfJbu6wg1Dr1LMIE8Z2HHIHNdeyeZcS2RnDr6X-8G7wi0TRciB8aBEHNvo-EDGybhotx2a0y2CfJB80

h4klAHG9I-nEU16T4lC2d2TGuvgJ4UaC6VtQaXx3ImxUkbj2jWUCnxD6bPAiim35bRm1s2mna5fujbHBaospqyZ0VjfNYSj3FnOFQKKT4Y6WznYuxchFu7BWTHoh2Xw83m5GHIg
Now for my favorite activity: waiting for the game to spill the tea!

w68DQoJf00b64iP0oNZ-5ERtNWiwCKRhLdonXVAID9QpV3Lmj1bWrQOT9x9DREzYw-wA44abvgoaEODl0s3xzv-kELO17DnAx43GVBSHVGIRiOqvj2JWkDo0omkwhs2tdzH1wm0
QOTD: A lot of people use the summer to catch up on shows. What is the most recent show you’ve caught up on?

Last edited:

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual lorewriter and worldbuilder. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
I love all the images and memes you sprinkled through here. I hope you get Serene Grace Togepi; that's always fun. Good luck moving forward!

PsyduckEnthusiast

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2021
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Fighting
Pokédex Entry
a person who is very enthusiastic about the pokemon Psyduck, primarily because their first ever shiny was a psyduck, which they caught in their past.
Jeez, that 28 round battle at the bellsprout tower must have been painful! 🤣

In terms of the question, I'm not the type to catch up on old shows, but I did try to catch up on the netflix Castlevania adaptation a while ago. It's a great show, but after a while I started doing other things and never got back around to finish it. I will eventually catch back up on it though, mark my words!

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker, Completionist and Rule Designer
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Brilliant battle description with the Elder 😄 . Very elegant indeed (and relatable).

Cool to see brave Goombario driven by his imperial pride and facing head on a flying type! What a brave trooper.

🤞Serene Grace (and a useful lorerule), Serene Grace (and a useful lorerule), Serene Grace (and a useful lorerule) 🤞

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
Cragley didn't do much against the elder, but he pulled his weight against Falkner! Goombario really is the MVP, though, huh XD Fingers crossed for Serene Grace!

As for TV... my most recent binge-watch was S1 of Netflix Masters of the Universe: Revelation, which feels like it hardly counts because it's only five episodes. What is this, the BBC? :v But it's got ladies with Biceps and Mark Hamill utterly devouring the scenery, the lightning, and the camera crew as Skeletor! It's a fun time, looking forward to more of that 👍

Lumaeus

The Hero of Vine
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Brave
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
That was an endurance battle if there ever was one! The early game really has its charms--and its villainies. Congrats on the victories!

It's not really catching up, but since I just reread A Series of Unfortunate Events while I was back at my parents, I'm finally embarking on the Netflix adaptation, and there's just enough summer left to finish it!

Empty Sun

that's right, buttholes
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
virgin serene grace meta stunlock vs chad rng hustle beatdown
reject reliability. embrace bullshit

Nicolejorn

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 19, 2021
Strategy Tears sounds like a band name.
And for the question, I'm catching up on Jojo because of the new season in December.

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
@Trollkitten : The wait to see whether it’s a Hustle or Serene Grace Togepi is so big in HeartGold/SoulSilver that I forget that it doesn’t exist in Gold/Silver! XD

@PsyduckEnthusiast : It was. ._. Cyndaquil users will never know the pain. 😔 I will hold you to it!

@RubyClaw : Goombario wants to prove to me that he is a good character! 🤞

@SayleeK : The dino pear is wreaking havoc! :D Ooh, hammy Mark Hamill? 👀

@Lumaeus : I re-read A Series of Unfortunate Events this summer too! :0 My book club also started watching the Netflix adaptation together, but it was hard to pool a time for all of us to screen-share something together.

@Empty Sun : We will see what the egg chooses. :egg:

@Nicolejorn : Ooh, Strategy Tears sounds like a perfect college band name. 🎵 It’s so fun to catch up when you know more is coming soon! :)
AOTD: I’d heard of The Owl House—one of my favorite TV review channels was praising it—but I didn’t have the opportunity to dive into it until a friend shared her Disney+ login with me. :P To anyone else who is on the fence, consider whether you like a fast-paced horror fantasy show chock-full of found family (best trope, I don’t make the rules). (In all seriousness, be aware that the show has body horror elements and doesn’t dive into things like lore a lot.) Byyeee!

i7BgWp4NksasDUKtI-DK2_36F2W4dvA55eNabo9P2xv1LSNQhgTPKWSGMS3rKeTGRu7CTnDE0Tc-O-3gvyqGpJ0KL7Q0d2EHcfehN1gizTZcm2TtV2b72je3amXjZLE-5Kov5NA=s0
👀

OHlM4pxU8iwkZ6EadOGGjfIaEnq13SLn6J69mU1Gm0HWJJrFsrVOJJHO4tDq-SwR3LgQfeVgn5CwFWzniHuaS6aQ20oMXUB0HYemXNvH_JteluzDN8mqAOL5-xHCMVrNc8zdzRM=s0

5Fa3bVaSt2YutTa3Xd_F9tHlFqodnXf9rdulxp4xc75Su_DI4NsdDstgnH-ykkFrn0XlBj4sKkRTCJXc35hyZwylJ9mKgyaL22YedJMpVxQToJmgyUt3ifBFZzFgZtI0TWT3HLo=s0
:egg:

Now to decide whether I love him or not.

Kk2Q6snm5pTyN27kdYKrlJeRgm9FiAVPqZR70B0grjH_bq_zknYwXzrxywlLCmrp6Rh6Ovd5Pg_ODcztgX0bnlIcLVOj4MOlw7Wqqg_ce5NmbUpbmCjoQcCqQh4NdfCaVQW7nSo=s0
Violet City (gift)= Bobby the Togepi: Peacekeeping Dove.

haha cuz bombs aren't peaceful Origami King Spoilers Rest in peace, Bobby.

T0RNah0EM9so3IDEYZ-IhFyb3afvE74TBaWkilRgPF9rX3EUSOlPb2qZgTNYUMUyO7Sc5808FAq3uHjX_mf-4Y-njGkLYxx-QmWHKFAaBMsywkS-iOO6Vie6XJq1v64z5YyRuTE=s0
mfMXSwfvRlvIpiBlULzzgrTIUXzGnw3cd8xtVvJ0NAKGHQLIMlQDOTwmgCEMMYpuQcdeGCBOENOmggxa4jYaflWraEGorol0nBxsIRNXSuWAiUSKOdbOMEyKNsN_9ZwL45fUWDk=s0

xxJDIPM4Lml03fSMAwb5Mr6D-RyfxUZmKAccKg0QNSUCFZnUuVli2O0IDkFb-2SrdGQBRohK-jEnTJ4jgq4l7OCraGNWoF9pF8gSY-9mZ_LmYRRgMLapej8Ppg7cG1TDrxqXCGU=s0
I do love him! ❤️ AND I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT EXTRASENSORY—it doesn't have STAB like Air Slash does, but it does have the flinch chance!

cover5.jpg
This is gonna be fun. :)

• Training Sprout Tower at night for Gastly for special attack EVs
    • They… literally can't do anything but Hypnosis to Bobby
  • Training Sprout Tower in the day for speed for flinch strats
  • Some defense EVs and special defense EVs too

Level 1= taught TM Flash. The Whirl Islands kind of need it…. >_>

Level 6= replaced Growl with Metronome. If Bobby could have more than 2 attacking moves, a part of me would consider keeping Metronome. Alas, lorerules save me from myself. :c

Level 10= no Sweet Kiss.

Grinding playlist highlight:

Eoa4tAi.jpg

aVapvRLAQyKq99vL2nsj6XWrtdVLwRyVeeiQUrkdX76vGyNieYQeMBtUTp5aFdOqb93QGitiF3XcoKrQ9RriRJ6mfRn8Hxj0SCsRzEooV8XVub_UjC0o8Q43Yl-4uAdxedWDuWA=s0
Oh, right, the Day of the Week Siblings! It's actually Thursday! See, I was only allowed to play video games on the weekends as a kid, so I learned to ignore the locations of these guys.

Don't know why I never attempted to just… change my system clock?
matthew-mercer-shrug.gif

I've become more Chaotic as I've gotten older, I guess. :P

43bGEMPCj7V4op3q6Szc7rbwkzl28lKHYNoQ2c85LaPop76dmjlqaq1TkRRZzN38WXfHy8bQ_bs0qN7FjhS_WbBrg-uYhH4MAKW7dRhHbnPbUbwwQ4XCuJrA996An8xgfJesCkw=s0
AND A HARD STONE IS A GREAT ITEM TOO!

Maybe I'll do some time travel to get all the Day of the Week Siblings’ items in this playthrough.

Lorelockes are hard. ...That's my explanation for bringing dishonor to the House of Paper.
e18.jpg

N7zWmzYeObD6gf4krVe0CmYdRUAeY3DE_S7ojo4_nwW8oE64VvLae4tPZye69TKAyi5pyL7sjcc9DImseQSfa3lRukL9NnBO6IsHze1DbZaVK5VVT_Abc0bWvHwSmejHRJOt--c=s0

XzJLr5XV5GpEWyX8c6xua71an658P8mTloE4gNWXJDq2lViUnuqWvrRMiD9NknM1HXY4psMcwfKjtH6e9WBwZLW5xakTsxTmy9qMBuyuWx-D7vdn-z2wWVIo4C-FRTrzypNTDTw=s0
k4R9O_G7uqHK5NsD1gnbQMP20YCygsW-7cAN3QvsOC2mfgwH8bypiU7_lSSFJMuBcreUk6-n4tIM5UX4MtU3WgB16O5spRWqbqCxqwuXDwik7GAZpfGngKHn0M61spacRvqsiSM=s0
And the Sudowoodo guy gives me a Miracle Seed! Two for two for good items! :D

h2yU42RdyTPVMeJrSZngO-Y9vM9a5SkmaxeP-5z2Mg9FFLd9cIrOZ0BW5r_NeuiLAifSbnyFg_jHYUSjUnTbU62Yv2TsuTkY2AaZ_nLdtDsVj-zPt2bprLtNYZMVur42ZUR4CGg=s0
This Repel reminds me that I definitely want to try to Repel my way to the static Lapras once I get Surf. If the lorerule works out, Lapras could be very good.

Level 13= Tubba Blub learned Bite! Which is a straight upgrade to Astonish. >_> Seriously, why even have Astonish as a move, then? It hasn’t even gotten any stronger over time, unlike something like Tackle. Shadow Sneak is a perfectly good basic physical ghost type move.
yVzwtvIqN9HSZJgL-GuIFNNYoh_DgEDfGZqiiJDfOK7t-8LS2voMZoPAJlU8GqUT-1_2X-vCPyzDgD2-uFjp0dWTFK_ZfRc77eHY39BZO4NkGUpLjLdas2FR_p5LVdmuhETtkw0=s0

Unless this counts as a buff? I don’t think it does. ._.

9LODr5-lbM4GR8_c32chXPk2E-FSvgqIQH8PYB8goEYKu_mkDhT1LwJLwA44xk9123p8FXi0adQcfL-BV76WZ0G9hsgWwrVzKwRiQZWT3XAsVF98rioYIbkkJliQAullQ59_mwA=s0
Picnicker Liz is a good representation of Pokemon if it were in The Real World. 🤣

4qFmeMBnI-ACEjDRheoD9Gil7yTLBcuH-awb7F4TgD_OYbc6Tp_-0J-Rq5z-UYqSbBTHylzlRdlmIR3KNVarh3ABYjzYHNDyFMfejNzF-taGSgdtiFPb7KBwMbgcOFRmJNV7vfY=s0
Tubba Blub:
surprise-dad.gif

N03sPVo-yBpkt4Ye3G9NxXPEsreqCScsHktl5WvOn9yer3FZstjeVQsHI610vt9sXCW_CFOVbTMMOXG_-m4nAkkAOAXIMr1AiWbqQM87e5OZ6G1Gx0CF4olBDkFgszwy60to1jQ=s0

3mqbb-eyes1.gif

QbutERFnKGkkg9YXNFz9IKS36kTXsK_a7RFVWZ29h05dS9eDbH89UYHn1avEtngSN6K4co-a9d72GoGBLK3AghKakkychwfXyYEZ4DJ1bYZZdoC-HV7b_-eE5kvEr9nPeQoFBQQ=s0

win-cat.gif

x44fPbQJCzsz0wyE72B6lTfiBojON2sXC5m13GB9hkL2xp_3ZSkAa6xTCzvNYJtQjvZtwEursDSFC2oSjCoSQgan6xbcT8sTy10U98n5SNc0Bg03eUGRQKaJlhnsLXwwuOBPkX8=s0
Wait, never mind, I thought each hit's base power was 20. >_>
Culture-Grumpy-Cat-487386121.jpg

*research*
bxXEnFtTfcjxfL7Ygedtj_ZRlD5l3fgHVID49ybDABbrOChXysBS3XNG-shT-w8ZrT4mGPIllNlSna3VR1wqL0WJW1t-wPDzvvW7MBRUvOayk9QVGObQvZbOTzt2seLycUjNK_s=s0
Yeah, each hit's base power is 25 now! seed machine gun

NIzhK5h-HhZ4LQv8uMD0wCIMKWtEWo54uwWBHb4BjtFKzNf8GaNij-OvaYzmUql_Bv_uXrPyMOHEN2f4bhct8vbMt9ggoUmROECiUaYSTgSLHwwAO44hI4ug6aHbIoqzGhr4xRs=s0
BtOeLPWOhehniv8Umc0GIzvFr81D1yXIe-WbXp7GJfBLm8v64xSXI1_q8nj8hdazLSXpGIlyCALgqHfFn4tFEUXqzjv9f7yOi_rQIXAxhEJM80o2DKzMxN2ssuG3VqlvrXF5lFY=s0
I'm so sorry I clicked past your last phone call, m'lord! 🙇‍♀️

P6y4xs7UehODVB24e-PQHU-E1hYi5SQ1qmaOuwaR_SVXx35kgUcaWtP8NXxA2YBHcgHwoNMYeO9kceKDZbPL3fFYJ0LF2UKArbQDbdzjqfCU534pDAOsiQknUVPfXOvX0IVBMFI=s0
Rods. 😉

5yl93914IZ8ez8guwF4EMsFPkVwlaZBTRojyJX0PSf3tPfNji9Gs7kDkpVL5bXFbjELq7uoslNpv3tk1LquJJfNFyW2EYrbl8CCxcAg5HtX9k8y57rTJvMJ6iqtPJCg94pXIj_E=s0
Balls. 😉 😉

f1L7GOx2nDoHGR-SoAc4kTEUQdoIu6PavyKggGnrPl8HfMLu1giet0iIgLxkdTC0qmOkts7JTABMnHIDav2poq0oLj06U8RCfcaBPa1DTb62xN_ULzlsRGtL2y0UBVwyi7o0Lkg=s0
To read my maps, I actually needed to get up and open the windows. :facepalm: What chaos has this world come to!?

m8t4Q29dxqRpKK1EYUvB8EwgxG9IeRzkUxGFuqA--3BgbiTpVbLlqjrOT9YrVD55bEpYn9Ge5HmqOlsGOOlX54mkmJaaz8pTZHVuO3-LFG-w8GksA_NZdmg3Z2lwYSeADK-zt6k=s0

bCVjYKt3KsTDunj-S4pvpw4WYb9ZWq1IsncZU9LX5xtbBisvNBKBIWwwychIUksXyWyZZ4sLXjdffnuP4UA_71r57IGUMNA6t_SlcPocGsXGmsaEjGTjaZfVEgBbprRvagg0wY0=s0
This Geodude's lorerule is Rockslide!

Thanks to @RubyClaw , I now know that the 35% chance to die applies to ALL POKEMON IN THE PARTY (not of the immune types). So… this isn't worth it. I should have boxed all my Pokemon that could have been affected (Ms. Mowz, Bobby, and Goombario). >_> NOTE TO SELF: BOX ALL POKEMON RIGHT BEFORE A CAVE. Wait, that isn't quite right….

kmb5hpB99x6EENB7k2KVPciEqrJgW7uzCMu7brsx6l34fzt1KT0s1xiqfLlTUS1BtujKdJO82y6zn4_r7FTMipWAyzzMY_seA0T9fjSkW2bq-EKjD-GGEfOWzRtTK-dMQG2GDFI=s0
I would use that note now, but I have a feeling Ms. Mowz, who can't be attracted, will be useful against Whitney, and she can't be boxed without running into the wild blue yonder.

YCh-UjH0WKLC4W9rB7Ch9aNuGeNmBwAuLmWxcqMiE6UnGpv0SVdLfokOmslCoyhTwcX80OewzOA-2cTBrdfuTjlMZgACoDiAvN5VcrvVVpvGadIrmFqaT8XZOyNjUXDjmYn0jqY=s0
Calm down, Mini-Yoshi, I just said I wouldn't box your mouse mom! Also, you only lost 3 HP against that Firebreather, drama child.

Who will win, armless axolotl child or giant rock snake?
Cppl8YNsuXm6VbZZsMll9RaPrE-lc2r1PIRPrjbtZ8q1KfscR5C8XazPPpYynkooEvOPxWqiD3IOIqsJ7Cw0YbxgoLgFAp1Hi4wRp9FZ_6_kUjVvAAkDwKrLSqfzB0EHIDijbJ0=s0
rsiaLmdSIfkEwUWEAXQACqXx0FohfqCuV5XqJThXhQjODP-5AFWWjWAgTqWNyehZ53rbNbzCVywRxEtHeQVdeM5S29ftoI9Lcv0J0WnUHabQU4lJ4HL2miKzNxTXqXp08BOb81Y=s0
Oh, who I am kidding, giant rock snake never wins. 😔

yqTI8Y6kzvG3InFnJTQgh26j2J5UnQprZ28VUV4xXtzpqahuDeqoVEomuJg7AkqXuM5-WOyR5SFMWcRtvBiwd9OngIajRMSljZbwIhAbF25MklaEtfQeDJFNAZb5Ivz3XDwJ7Og=s0
3HOrEwZIjBl9UF6VE_oAYE9f8zGSb0BZAQ8afUPBsVGeXlrawDTiEd_H2sJ6_LrWOAlpwIYwmlZuH4HnmfcZUYwRmBcjcuwVZ3FMNhS4C1WJvX5v25v8gSF66q2v5JV8k7dS1os=s0
And because this man never gave his phone number to a random passerby child, he was never heard from again.

5I1FQAIGW4UzbRMvrnkrgo00xlcUpICNjv4orAy0_zN0XlNrDrXN_SWdcek4jfL4W8h2w21Vp1iXoY22RyqFCnGF_yYn8D6pObh99AxMxbZj5-l4Uaoyj5mMtH1nkNDe8CQDQA8=s0
You.
award-silver-large.png
Enjoy. You are #relatable.

yjY5cHOYbb6ibZ1GeunJE0QnzWUpot91xP1fXiGLsdXlVeHe2ezeJgqFJiugufyXFc1rrW1-QY9-6-2YNBRdCe1oSfkJonMOblIBO4HlnyBMVdwjkfLwYnWiHOxySLdGMFr6Ip8=s0
...Are they from The Dodo? If they are, I may be interested. uwu

RvT0Nch1mlRg7JqYmQDSLNouIcjOZXJBiqCiJIGiZYAb2x5d2pkvyf0aLWeddwoKjAGmc7QD2UFCps75tRmRNFZSqsml3olMk30hol3-pxZE055r0LmhAvz4-L8mY0Ll9vtP3ng=s0

YR-rUaVj6bCo8WoaS9YEVnjimXzC35MoN8t_o19euOuUtehmpHDHOXQ_dzsKgMWjjGmlJ4wDjRWsMtF3mhp4JFF-QEmfQDqlftvudqZZhTciZrhyxM6IlK-HJS4wobwf9OlacLk=s0
Oh. It is. 🥺

R_wPb8-BbjJFDLgPf1XSiDI1_ivm1uNnQtXbzmfuwr8hxn4VpnVP7psDmnxweyGBhhGzmH_eNcZlmrJGqekUL84pSLGb4xuUMC7JeKUiibjIgDtGT-0SEDy41uHEtHmYhpz7eNs=s0
Annd we're in Azalea Town: home of the cheapest rival battle placement in Pokemon history! don’t know what i’m talking about i’ll tell you about it next time

rRnpsdBrnMbj81yLby0yaSlhEty_NA1KWZefJJcY53eSt0eu3FkJw6usLtqg3zUA4k9jGSVMj1HNHn6nbYAkQrF4iZ0fJYTqYpD9CRtz7xDBWlGvOc8MA0fONuAqMMh86xkZpcg=s0
I will be able to Headbutt for you soon, my sweet prince….

0OnniTIVELFfLZ6rMai-WSkXeVVNAQx1pBojn5P-6NGSzveDnXhj8dwTEZVAz47g5tkkCikVekU6JJgdtIC6t5829pj0HCXks5Qr6u5iaNcB_XcJ3NdmyVYvFoyt2euRt3ETtyI=s0
...Well, that's ominous. On that note! 👋
QOTD: Some of us on the Forums are students. Whether you’re a student or not, maybe we can use this space to share some school-related advice. :)

Last edited:

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
All of the cat reactions to finding items... :chef_kiss: And you may have gotten the most perfect Nuzlocke Togepi ever, DAMN

I'm not in uni anymore, but when I was... you honestly can bullshit in your bibliography for your essays so long as you format it correctly. There's a bunch of tools online that will format stuff correctly for you, and you can put in whatever. I once cited my mum having a rant as if it were a formal lecture and was not caught out. Obviously you need to read a variety of sources for your papers, but don't overtax yourself. Prioritize what needs to get done and bullshit the rest. The power of proper formatting will do the rest.

Lumaeus

The Hero of Vine
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Brave
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
I re-read A Series of Unfortunate Events this summer too! :0 My book club also started watching the Netflix adaptation together, but it was hard to pool a time for all of us to screen-share something together.
I knew I respected you for a reason! We could enjoy a Very Fine Discussion about these books.

Oh, who I am kidding, giant rock snake never wins. 😔
While I would risk being rude by linking to other runs on your post, I must assure you a few current Nuzlockers are proving that very wrong.

QOTD: Some of us on the Forums are students. Whether you’re a student or not, maybe we can use this space to share some school-related advice. :)
SLEEP. It matters monumentally.

Empty Sun

that's right, buttholes
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
inb4 you kill your perfect togepi before you have a chance to nuke bitches with it

Users who are viewing this thread