• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
A Paper Mario themed Pokemon SoulSilver lorelocke by a decidedly 3D Bowser. Last update: Chapter 23 (8/11).

Empty Sun

that's right, buttholes
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
It might eat you. It might your relatives.
i see that flame hyenard in there dont fucking think you got away with hiding it like that one day you will pay for your crimes

Green Tea

Conqueror of the Violet Gym
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 15, 2022
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
Considered bitter by many.
Between the Amphy plot and the sick miltank, Johto's really cranking up the wholesome. They're still fetch quests, but they feel like they matter without having world-ending consequences behind them, and the way Jasmine's gym trainers behave is just phenomenal.

I'm with SayleeK on this one - walking Pokémon should feature in all games, just because of how wonderful they make everything. It's a firm reminder that these are your friends/pets and not just numbers in a system when the game tells you that they're doing and feeling things.

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
Thank Tubba Blub the Crobat for making this a little bit more bearable.
THIS. THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE IMAGE.
(Imagine exploring a dungeon styled off of a bullfighting arena!)
Ooooh I love that idea.
Brock: *cries in uses Onix in the post-game*
What?! I didn't know this! Why wouldn't they give the man a Steelix? Unless Brock is influenced by Ash and doesn't want to evolve his Onix...And it is a trade evo so that's actually kind of sweet.
QOTD: What is one feature that you want the Pokemon series to implement permanently?
More interactions with mons in general! I love the idea of walking with your mons but it's been...quite poorly executed in recent games. I understand wanting to be realistic amd have slower Pokemon not be able to keep up with you, but to me it's just distracting and defeats the whole purpose of the mechanic. Which is even more baffling because the following was actually good in the Let's Go games! Even my Magikarp would flop around me to her heart's content and not fall behind!

But honestly I want petting my Pokemon to be permanent!!! When amie came out it was like my biggest childhood dream had come to life. I can pet my Pokemon. All of them. And when they continued with it in Alola I thought for sure it was going to be a permanent mechanic. And don't get me wrong, I liked the camping in SwSh...but I can't pet anyone :( I also like having your whole team out at the same time, like in SwSh and Legends: Arceus.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
Why wouldn't they give the man a Steelix?
Probably because it wasn't Rock type? Although he did get one in the SM anime.
But honestly I want petting my Pokemon to be permanent!!! When amie came out it was like my biggest childhood dream had come to life. I can pet my Pokemon. All of them. And when they continued with it in Alola I thought for sure it was going to be a permanent mechanic. And don't get me wrong, I liked the camping in SwSh...but I can't pet anyone :( I also like having your whole team out at the same time, like in SwSh and Legends: Arceus.
Yeah, Pokemon Amie/Refresh is something I want to see return. If they could do it in LGPE, then why didn't they do it in SwSh? I personally was not afan of camping in SwSh; there wasn't really all that much I could do with it, and the literally two different toys they offered me to 'play' with my Pokemon got old fast.

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Dragon
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
The whole Amphy/Jasmine sidequest is so much better in HGSS 🥺
Jasmine's also one of my favorite characters, but her team irks me-why didn't she have a Skarmory? Not just because I'm biased, but because it would've been a perfect opportunity to introduce him-I thought he was a Gen 3 'mon for the longest time because he shows up more there than in his home region!
Question: walking with/being able to pet/interact with your Pokémon. It just makes the world so much more lively and realistic-like they're your actual pets/friends. Plus it's adorable 🥺
Difficulty settings would be nice as well, especially since they're in so many other games. And for the love of heck make the Exp Share optional again!

OP
Bowser's Family Vacation

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
@Trollkitten : I’m surprised Pokemon hasn’t already implemented a skin color spectrum, rather than presets. I mean, changing the skin color of a model doesn’t affect its rigging or anything, so that step towards helping all players be able to create an avatar that represents them shouldn’t be difficult to do. Just let the people have access to the flesh cubes. 🎨

@SayleeK : I know that you don’t technically “save the world” in Johto (I mean, like, not from a Legendary Pokemon caused apocalypse, at least), but it still makes me feel good. 😊 I’ve been talking to my Pokemon a lot in this run, and the walking Pokemon dialogue is so cute. 🥺 And isn’t that what this franchise is all about? Cuteness?

@CasualGameFreak : Ah, fair enough, and, unfortunately, despite the Kalos anime having Pokemon Showcases as a contest-like activity, the Kalos game didn’t have such an activity for Fantina to be fabulous at. On the subject of difficulty settings, do you think the B2W2 difficulty settings are good (as in, balanced well)? I quite like them, but, unfortunately, the way you access these settings is bizarre.

@Empty Sun : I have been consecrated. 🔥 👄 🔥

@Green Tea : If Pokemon must have fetch quests, they should at least make them cute. 😤 Another vote for the importance of the wholesomeness of Pokemon, and I agree!

@RubyClaw : Game options are always good! 😤

@Spectacles : The Let’s Go walking mechanic is a prime example, to me, of how game feel is more important than realism in a lot of circumstances. Sure, it doesn’t make sense that a Magikarp flop around at the same speed—or at least roughly that speed—as a running human, but that helps maintain the flow of the game and minimize frustration at potentially “slow” Pokemon. I never really used Pokemon Amie/Pokemon Refresh, to be honest. I can see why it’s sad that the petting feature was taken out. I wonder how that feature can be implemented in the post-touchscreen era, though. 🤔

@Skarmizard : Johto in general has a problem with not introducing its new Pokemon. Think of poor Houndour, only accessible in post-game Kanto. 😔 When will Optional EXP Share come back from the cutting room floor? :pleading:
AOTD: This is the perfect compromise between random encounters and overworked enemies, and I think it's perfect for a monster collecting game like Pokemon: make what's visible not the monster but where the monster is. In Nexomon Extinction, for example (an excellent game that I will probably do a "nuzlocke" of here), the rustling part of the grass is the only part of the grass where encounters can happen. That way, you can avoid them if you don't want to battle but can go directly to them, not waiting for RNG to spawn an encounter, if you do. And, either way, what creature you encounter is preserved as a mystery until the battle! No more worries about unconscious bias in looking for your Wild Area encounters, nuzlockers! 😜

I've! Already Used This Naming Scheme

gsA9Rocf5Ec9HKzP_MW_id0zroVrePKd45bv8KMhl8Yvq-yiq6dr2NgDYgtBFh00cL6j0TUqhya1FqkMq_xatNWgEuOaN0u4AGdqAYovaPg9gPc5Ylc1YNWeZF2kRAEM51BiN0_idyecMKnV
Hewwo? Mafia Daddy? 👉 🥺 👈

-RKq4OINtadOLLBhm0fel2UgZbo82BO_3PZch1lcqyRzQ-KiJ3__oNLBseRvWAeeb7pMxQWC6FjjLWBQXHKBkgNQ5IU4s9CFOI-3VZgEubOs2lTqASWjRNVgqt-C3DKAHFm1lzGSvS9ed1EP
Hello, Future Bowser here. It was COVID. Because my school dropped the ball on testing. Stay safe this graduation season! EDIT: I’ve recovered! :D

Zar442tGeeQg2uIOgjeai1LDjhGSHOHx1MlrClMsK4BaUbjpE7PAcIwgvItvx-sdNNcWprqrfc_Uo32hgRpa5gx-eWxCz_TTFoFAUtUDOFrBACYmXSn3kH7Z0UV8q83hestej1MvFpzJmdOM
Do it for him (BrightPowder). 😤

G0sTLY3tqwO5OtgqlmpbJdLcONt6KXJurLu7gECUqnJ9sKdVVX7MUTPytqzptVH40jZMrZ73tFUbhNqiltbtnTKKrq6LssjKAaVvS-4NNfLVzmq33NF3sErjJeDtRklyaj-y0MwPziK7Zoja
qLEj7Qa-eiyQ4pDsoMp4md8df4ZULwvZ89Z21UcxaehiO9cwi7I24fvm7x8BMJ_tMdxAxJF1d9eDckdM5eaPBU8xO95RW4K-NFmThKuMVF16Kp4KJqVIwxhDjrasvyjdcVYEujn_glkkbdC4
Team Rocket's workplace culture is so welcoming. Take notes, real world.

enNYt0MzUeHYPPrzRE-8NITs9AGWKc6W7J0EyfPibDF0JQHOpid2tGOr2upx9DuaMcqEgw0cUpNI5HiAPDKDc2udag3ky3OjnIdZtyKlmuXYsXuS7LhhcmrU4yfzdhgoDaR2jZ9XXHiEIk5Z
Crime does not have a simple answer, my friend. You see… Oh? Team Rocket told me not to scare people? Ult-roger, Lusamine!
R98UKALgST9OkUX6DRcD6YEHrp2wmbKQ7vMxt4wUaInJcfz7ThPuvpS5JHneZIlQjdHplgj1Wcb7Oh1XkhqojyL89-PJ9v0C8XF5bub8XX0juQUcq0fMVNkprCc350_bGsKSjaXCF9KUX7yE

zRTIb401yHScS_9fd79yDGjH_mRUiPZB32_IjZ4nzzTeeJsNHsfCHjDrE8k_-qbawU5MdSGyGqbdh_nrVo0JyDpr3lnv13140D_OGecotRbj28IuJl2KySCUEpukeHw16M_tz_P2zzfOcyOx
arREUbXYUg-frApm_D5NCm1YbTp4WTK_URcMd4ifOulJgTbxb-BzfMo5QLsCvsUwJwy56TKWNitK9rBYBSDLiwVuvXJBGZpFBT0zk7XnfTC0oL_JYT2_yZZheQ7YjnTu6U01RaCRAf7WP7VK
Oh my god this is so funny. How dare you try to take the fun out of this portion of the game, Boss?!

Az3YXQjYfEx867P5MpW5tTUMI2Bv6OH9nM-KFCV-ctC1uSNaovg-KwrZNUQNM0X7pmLoIJF2dyuAOgjhMNKLoVmypKM3e0FvekRls_vovaDDo2yvKFzQCHhefL2DzBIsAK8PA2liB-8YI28W
DxVTNDZ54HNiAhXaLICG5kGBQbBB1OklTRt79ipwPsbZIIRppP9Jju_SDQIFd9eElkwx0kx5dliQmEJKWT4Fqm0AED5hLWw7DneUd4GCbLmsqa3llUYIjZkGY20Bu0uTSE2nt5RXlBUZWUzW
Honey badger Mother don't care.

bGBa3_MZzNF1afckfsYKFQUCXi0fi6aT-5Bs8aCUP5bb93znktU1zxLkdwJKN1BNBkZBTUoa5qmulXWmIqGmKAEeISHvrBfYJHQH-lFOJsFF0B7bpTxx2pj1mfH-bsEs5i31DSEYxHzvNl-y
thx im cured

UtwrQKJYDB33sC-dO5m2gqYaQFfPukriLWxcjgM652BGRgz10VEfR5XdP_t6TDLb7nzyE7BQoEHDn6ISPToe1iSxSjiZws9HZXIXcugjbAS5CkegNKSmbZ1iprGuZgXm5DSjRbgnvMYGCjxO
wait what 😳

41alT7ewliiPTi3bNQeQ9O7ByZBt5DIhNlPdqHBIoUV-ad-PJCrJUd59Bj91XeMLItzirC0sR_jkMtOSyYGLpgB1zvr375UgSnkOG5yMtgEe-V7pY6akVEibaQuHgrd-LseV9vOVMFZfbpKP
LHhXu7mVTGeZLiHitskf1egL_v-8yVeJrR4aWSn1hNdrD0QPJQHrVktaLROjkxI2f6uyP-B74NmcZe6BDIpm6YS0rVsg7NZHm4StgxkEMJIQudLvyWx8Aiutbe-nzk0sKMf8y0VpnmgDvJpc
This guy is the Pokemon world's Uncle Iroh!

TENmyBY3PbP81zzFSxvpr8EAnC8hb3nbU_GJkqqiNr_3vJYGy6SZa3bV7k7CeI877T64nTXlLwL0VYWCGt8vxR100j41r-XiXT5tRWRuasYxz2EzGngt08Rz1OR4u6FmlbXdpEsjLKUD6BQu
I know, right? 🤭

T3n4l5c2bR0fT--XXaFuts1__YOXLydcMGX4VtUdkcHYbcn9i0diCAu_FADJ-pibCcghu4mixjN2r4fQ3gNp7Mxl2bVk9h8u_59HaEM5SEp0VC2nAvq6kESOxqrjaN2OM2GO3RvpjNmMQD_4
Fds3l-9VJyye1uLPWSnarckwGA8_w3nrHOMzQXB6u50AmzkF-Moctt_q3L7lOwMtCPjp-DQ6W2PYlOb7hAMEempGnHHPydlNOaPj4b2YyRbAPzxvENnNNpzmWl1CsGj_Ea9P-iqFdpub755F
Well, excuse me, princess!

NqCGQQgF7I6-PtNUz0cw87qJtCEYv7PBaD_3rW8ZBzIJgNIzQCYiKUpb5X_bo4Wimr52AJkapVR_jdf9b151ylAC1BQXdl_Yo2my_uYBYGHHHphdGtIjh_FVHx6ggEDTC0rkOTVH8IVqgkOH
63pmYLOsnmumgceqKmcCuuS87GISt1O-0q3fL4relNVvu_fsEQBqaGk2qBB9bt1NFg378BtgzRd9d2Z4tccWOFqc2-AWNaO1XKpiH-QWdfXebGUBvlqejKedR-NH-keWjuPO9mjzEuEZAHNq
ItZrPKCN7BvqtTYami-CvdwjwLJ-81bjyhyHmtVAaHHdCDp8BLxXBLqSnJAamUSSXjsVk-HDOeLHqlQM0hZqyODYGrknjE4iaJBCvVRlEohp6FMlzgX0LHJhYWWnk7xCtT_HeZDSF54JzUJy
We've all had that person in the group project. 😒

fOnDr1S5YXgcttUtZyeRaXL3lqmrZ85MnpsBd8ZRG2kv6HB32QkxcwJZnMahgj1cmUfLotXXs2eH0RtgOurjxagLkaQwWj_sOo7SF0L1I4J0mj2Ax4b2k8TgKbldNCSDEgAOxBHU_b6hUAQo
You can say that again. It's far too easy to take over this place. 😔

Stereotypical Rogue player be like:
asAErCchzvw9fkJDIf7F8VaT5f2aR9A1qr1-uiW1N88j7KbD6MxZmgHUuYuSjaPNKDsmtgDkV5LCG3DRWr4izCi68juIjuTZengsEOk4zht7CpwL1a-NIn4-dVfh_0eX4TvPihtANghVk3gP

XzR-qz_x4JzJz8WegUmEPVcNqa4n8aEFfdRrfy9hPGqOOSI5rjUrR3x_ZWLX8jJ6rVVGMTHklghoawN-zN7H5E1fVByuQnA0vbNZB9oqUk14XiQ6nVXBKhSBCfaZHldHsx0zWm_qUfyKSo8s
2JNVrn_DWqxd_tgrSpwaTjhzozHINwFlfK59pbvTjN9tJrSgPZEP9YgFjGVKcVpo2_WBn-ON3UuxzEaYl8s5Ro4SFGt1ihj2GyyXHkrFGZW_F10XVHGyAaToGfKY15rzNEp6T11w_xy9IVHH
@Empty Sun , this u? 😳

OK, you actually are a threat unlike Proton.
gSEIckh6_J3VqOLgnoM0fdn6jrnxccIgvwWJdl9pSpKyyP0Dp0LPx4mafgky4f-DIHJbnjAWrfZhwPkbUVZ91lKEdTEXj0j_YaSIdaJDAIONCw3weyoMF1SFBU05KGnpI2D0f623AF2izscy
Do you see what I see, kids? That's right, it's a whole team of bombs! This is some fangame-style bullshit to wake you up in the middle of this snorefest.

Bobby has the best defense… out of my Pokemon with a super effective move. I'd rather not play a stall battle with these bombs. >_> That being said, I may Yawn the Weezing and switch to Cragley to soak up blows. Good thing I can lead with Bobby now! 🙏 🐟 ⭐

lnNUTWx40U1IGqYq6cJKSzQspzfgDkpV6EVs5KjA7Bn6jOAFooWVaflqOuC9S8zhF_BmOuYCJfi2sRT7dzAIXPFvLe8hu239HkEM12YozLiLmX-l37xJmbXILGYagpKMMb892vdtx6FBKKhj
But, first, a quick substitution. Let's see what Reflect can do. 😎

iSuyD1UpSvZRKLlj3fC3Z5tif3ItGqVakLJMjSeRj_prrsvPec9qKm2wr1zz0g3-SbHs_8JghEtxD38jIm_CNCYSZ6YMo3rTUDlTQd-JIJF1Y0UeUXDZ-OS9qmK4QuJHg1rinRMf4KljZOiG
Or you can just eagerly stomp on him. That works too.

t8KrCE09U5dhWwbX5dExfSYA6TtGzrJukLHr4HMfUZD66OYrXzgQsHbfkRqOr_rmF0dPtj1PEQVkvaMReGt_IpcdhcxCwowhk31Pk9S6jn3qviox4dyUJqo6I-fakG68ruKZQfOYgoHGkgP3
kL0pZcXdo7Suq_QqiYNDQ8PMLgvbMXpkDwOYHDa0YXZZD_qxpAy-2W-t3oKTWkFekJMQEdlMPXzcDbDyezwHCP5oTCdsOs0TLrcsJKeKVIdgdbXYYjzrpMxbbC0OBNHQPQxDlFLI1ahtzH8-
The mic still on next to him: 0_o

5iHFFF0oNdiuiKpF8Wuk9jp9OHKBC81D4rhr3YO0qi5xYEzvKJh3Wd9kCzb1nqUCvONEYwpKCspiDBKGdAIZWkHnhezn6BH5eQoQcGxythZDIib4qsIBg-GDhtl46RHc1WytaP3GbPlx0HYl
If only. 😔

Turn 1: Goombario VS Koffing
Reflect!
SmokeScreen!

Turn 2: Goombario VS Koffing
Switch to Bobby!
Sludge! Poisoned!

Turn 3: Bobby VS Koffing
Extrasensory KO! 🤢
RpEuYfpbr6DjngDYTBhd6WEPpm18Pzh3beUsvnK8M_7YolqXqkqELp1ODCOrY2ncYVR6cVwf4iMWxvHtLcgHvpHLdnI7D5nhzGaru9EDGAo75XlUL21t_SnL8rLeVOM2SnNCXDz2ejKHhMHo
Hoping this speed pays off in this minefield! 🙏

Turn 4: Bobby VS Weezing
I bet this guy sees a kill with going 💥
Switch to Cragley!
SmokeScreen!
Oh. ._.
jdG4B1_Tq4KIspk9AVBbbr27eqULWo-GDRWLI2oChRHjeEHMV6eBjkl_w-5N5yh2yfhfc58jw1dHhlNn9PKWIt90W3p-aGQXoDwTv3QCs-VCPhk_LfZbnC__fGUZRYlqAVNVozFbMDVoMYww

Turn 5: Cragley VS Weezing
Rock Blast!
Sludge! Poisoned!
What is Sludge's poisoning chance? 🤔

Turn 6: Cragley VS Weezing
Rock Blast! Miss!
Explosion! 💥
🤢

Turn 7: Cragley VS Koffing
Now will you explode to kill? 🤔
Moomoo Milk!
Sludge!
🤢

Turn 8: Cragley VS Koffing
OK, then.
Rock Blast! Miss!
SmokeScreen!

Turn 9: Cragley VS Koffing
Switch to Goombario!
Sludge!

Turn 10: Goombario VS Koffing
Reflect!
Sludge!
Not punished. 😎
DrMNOcFlZoeayDN0PjxjBhf_bfVLYS2o6AoHsBv9eUBHFbQ69gi2YXb3cHtoHk39bJpCGaluQWzkL93_sIwddSc1ab9-tdHBb-aHD09PIXaTL6X2zIGUytrT35POjSWnHU4nFq3J3SGQUD0x
Ybkb1RSflIsdakdyk5QYaEgoaHcG4N_RVpfuGfnv8SvsWGh2MkKHs5WqrJUfrAzSB5Bo52jhgiuTc5XDMbxALTPHLJGnFcsbyXUj-YcV-m0uFZLEj-pHYfH60_b9SYN1NkQ6zZZ1ileDLgkf

Turn 11: Goombario VS Koffing
Switch to Bobby!
Sludge!
🤢

Turn 12: Bobby VS Koffing
Lemonade!
Sludge!

Turn 13: Bobby VS Koffing
Extrasensory KO!
🤢

Turn 14: Bobby VS Koffing
Extrasensory KO!
🤢

Turn 15: Bobby VS Koffing
Extrasensory KO!
🤢

Turn 16: Bobby VS Koffing
Last Koffing!
-a0cVwZgbXxwQIpeMe9P2B4VoC3SfzapGy1_SfSQCWNi2ZQOscTlFRF5zw_7ax0qo-y3kJSz4iZfVqSpaZN8casm1f7N-65lVVeHXARnqpVzxwcZ9MTfjiv22J_ll6Cf3WcFbQIwNhRdIt7T

cUGgSPrsWrMqXTDJTjhBU8XrfaCgbQ_qFLVKWPa2QDJwDuaDIdZUkq3b5VTXUJVQU6blvIfABPssGEAhezLkeB8XcKCHZ6W6y2ZZBPkbpJAISzj7m-lJNj-eOKvxIPdRZGWR-ce-EYs-A3g1

vYbJWOHvw13qu-ydrcoJyKS0P_DztXV2OCzWVcQRdGyv1-jVe5AjuDxL3PeybcEJwtwV7bQx9kVSiBog5-Lj8wTtqgTLICstMoqrLOfIx9IhI5J6xPSjUzzkYrgBCS9eO0DjVxSyEY0nteaw
Why, though? 🤔

y91_1gS5HCJkSeuSHV8jitsIaMZnJT8GJyqLcUAJN-RjOTAVxKzmMoF2XSW3uuB2NN14zf3Npegu30ZtZKLvI80hpflNqb03R_SPgHbuVZk9TFiF45LrZWANLQwYD7bg5-P-mlfy_kfYnsXU
Oh, well, back to the Department Store we go! (Even Bulbapedia says that Petrel sharing info is what usually causes Team Rocket's plans to fail, lol.) The people there will see that I have been reformed. 😌

tfIuXYfRajS-158_bNG-3o_FGRz6mmmXO6TfGv-z-sDNvJlV252dlJZMwoRyPUdGnmw5_bMQ9OXZBQnDQeC0XU9uxch9AR1ypKhE_qS5sn_UVeNLkzISZSp-Kcnw1c6DVnUroo2zLOfAoLde
Thanks for the help, Goombario! Good-bye for now! 👋

qJJEdcUe2p3moSJe6lh351VSQc8SRnbJ5-GsJiECKI34toub8HKqLf0ywuSKa9BLSL4SVGPzZa8z47IzQTP7tSCtNCKN9heAL2FYY4THbEOGYq4Ky8yB3ERiwAzWcAtkZp1QxUDXZC99kbn6
Hello, Harbinger of Eeveelution Slaughter. 😰

UMOCMJ393ZOhYg2TE0sW-nmHfH_rC7BEYMaZ7atTb9E-8UEd4tnKX6SPJl1BMenhEXLEDSH11e9HuaOI1ArbRUPYrATe1PXOs_Q6ewUVrnmf7lrvcZ_bfqcnn3n0qUQ9spaYTW6cqBD2gImz

6kViO4Q0ilxtin_AXhnm3gkbkTyE7HobinJ3g-p7IZAJAI41PdGV0-0fMWO0HuJTMxceGdDYli9RYLewFge4fLuEpls5KI2vuXgqpwSI9IpXPmJpH_vqq3546O-3ATa9Ey3LX0rNeoxcpY0o
QzNyIwyp7pJgOB_J6uqoWAeBJEwZFpa-bErhou1Fd2IPU2Kfvkd7kAG39PybYwmMf2PK4-oCwKhvuvcshNJBg8uVSNN0SNTOQ1LhPXFx8J1gOX3xPqhIsC0SHz6oPLljQWA8LGVrflnDmFu2
kMcCohPZ8QMZfEx90VEqxSixqQT2up69UvSZsELmyk6QgI-YwsTWpQ9FAKLZcel2rFAgSQze0XTdr-4Wcbqv-InR5M_5MGbZGFMJL50WI3S258WBrt047cQeCOHNOIVGACPmM69MTSqo5-8m

UVSCfgrAHDJ_q69VhXqpy1OHJWvugZe9ITaAU7F8d6Prumr3n5MBvXx3PNa79x1IlVtobNaAdBK2GuaBecRt91IgEmwvRoQ6V6aI6FBZfwUNqr8DbToh0JnOdcK8lBL_wnHuBTzmgQSlYiG4

pIP5-ZCCXVPDg9W0IGY1YkhFCEjdHAo1GnFpgUOu2-ERpsIPBIbY9hYgEtpUV-uMOreLyzGuqUyMgK2QAYdUY8DRkyaGedgBfWRHZ5fUeb6zFEzQz7d1ofuqKHf1xKkDWh6PyHxMsVr_CTo_

Twink, let's show him what we've learned.

Turn 1: Twink VS Golbat
Flamethrower!
Bite!

Turn 2: Twink VS Golbat
Bite! KO!

Turn 3: Twink VS Magnemite
Flamethrower! KO!
TNvEZi4cGwWIauFUcJVqvXP0X76FmtcRHXqVe_qNYsI0chjkI7vl20jKgj8cJSD0EOmW7LeWaArq9syuQ1dNixRYkOQ_aivR3SjjPIlBMD-Apgv2AMisx8B7-XrKI52RWeKQzNdu_ZqRvdMS

Turn 4: Twink VS Haunter
Mean Look!
N_kcAIKM7PYZs1usgoaB7dx-df9qz1am1vU_xo2hmAk-IjKFDKpmQMGQu5a_Ua2x27ngghfB5ERCpvcqCNseGDRHt25zzo3GYv0yhErfOmplT6iuKj7Lh2R1u9j9D8Wiuu6NtL3eKvZs6zL6
Bite! KO!

t6fHsYjd5yObZbZfZPUD8rKeiqvZJid03dXks65RiLiXz82ztzjJMIHDYiTC6zHoWCmv-Ri93WiFtykEice0QfIA4TxDgWQDk2PEIrBtyIJQut3uw_3EbCefXvCnt-LgcHULGH2QrtFWgqS3
Level 36= Twink does not learn Fire Spin.

Turn 5: Twink VS Quilava
auiQo-mOKJNIwZDAMTiAYgUCuocCi9pYwqeNb8Hy4O1niwiZVg4D8xVR-vek3cKBm4AzseL948HdNm9rP7Zac-Z_L79dH1SXp8ggUqT88R891Ue2XpptjOd6tbxWDGgnF6ID6AdEYnUTi_-V
Fun Fact: All of the other starters are fully evolved for this rival fight. Proof that Chikorita is the best Johto starter. 😎
Flamethrower!
SmokeScreen!
Aw, I was hoping he'd fall for activating Flash Fire. 😔

Turn 6: Twink VS Quilava
Flamethrower! Miss!
Swift!

Turn 7: Twink VS Quilava
Switch to Fracktail!
Swift!

Turn 8: Fracktail VS Quilava
Surf! (Quick Claw proc!) KO!
upqE2D2mZlxnxO2RczxkM6C3UYjFzo2xrEfm4RC6j9nQmUQz6Tn_o-OFi2Ky3d5V7XudGmuY5o-MML1m7EeZn0XdiUG469QqqtRvfynHsTIdwJ9_4cE5OWUvcPnZ0swOWeHHpy1noLKOeEkO

Turn 9: Fracktail VS Sneasel
Switch to Ms. Mowz!
Faint Attack!

Turn 10: Ms. Mowz VS Sneasel
Strength!
Icy Wind! Speed down!

Turn 11: Ms. Mowz VS Sneasel
*remembers Faint Attack damage on Ms. Mowz*
Switch to Watt!
Faint Attack!

Turn 12: Watt VS Sneasel
9Pw1Wm2jOQTPKoZhPzbkWMoV1PbM7_baXZsorEVB6U6Xf9CcC5eRPtD1fEmmIcmG9sloqTjL1MzxgLo7qb3_1eBF5lERrttFTiHKuXs0l6JeWdpEVoN2F4b2MQwHEv1m3EBJmaVMF59flC--
That was a good choice.
Faint Attack!
Discharge! KO!

jkFaqLMzVzVttFaRZNF9Va3yHGriM3-cLM7aDdNF31xM6cjU2J1x5Zsb4O6XGwfAGBFHgM2QMBRYNXhOply20XkPvo8Q0T2UxQWhDkG9WSOtyIUiUJ2bWOasviY5DsQWuJKjWulj_9ad_7F1
I mean, the proof is in the pudding.

_YFNqe4DQcMCAkUd93WZiEaf989CCyfT1fYcBbRIwOeYLwalEyZPEhUOruSM7UffFL5KTBwE3PKA-X5bxS6VREKqVYz5xKyH7gJKswGL_Q1zYjL44lKPU35_-LOeBqvGlhawojDuUBFfYITn

b0MdqCSID5Q_02uK7p8zOXpONKdXf2KxAs3eDj6oo662_rYkQzy45RhjlaQ73WeJpJYHjuXg7hH6pltV6w8v93-QCUOjX7zbD9EVQd1Ua6uHMj61W8-rSNnfuVvjwDtzqbN_paKbSRAyMxtZ

EnIoxO7s3wITq4Qz1sgMvUpdtMCq8btUDVdOj68XTFSwvstz-t9zXWVRQvXpSotypvh_e48kEiIHhdhRd9HaA-qqzwk1aD_--GkO2ZFQ9fGBa3FXYi8tioqMfXR8clkT68DSeb-VfpD4DrCw

I love that, in the Goldenrod Tunnel, there are opportunistic Burglars alongside the Rocket Grunts. (That being said, buddy? Your cargo is, uh, falling out.)

6Buc3zWPnC3uFMNqf1r33sRIPkagwor6Xkt_8H3gFuGW4jTghA72z1xeKK0SJub2bWitSDbRAYmAb4MZBiw955MnkWaBhvQgl3rz_BbnY8ubl59bw3t0cO-m_zIek4p4FiFjBGym8-_4dOoo
Level 35= Fracktail learns Aqua Tail, forgetting Tackle. This is a great holdover until Waterfall! Unfortunately, I may have to overwrite it with Whirlpool before then. 😔

OwI1khnFsR5vaJPYAOlsNwzTSS5bUzxRYnZ_nu2dzUlzHfUtttPhFxfajknojYKwx2hAnLEFnDfRAEVT5DeInH6a-ctz6NtvG5wg2YHDpCM_YU3YBDd5FNxslqXchxI9zlJmeGmrYR_eIPBS
Ah, the perfect Pokemon to test this baby out on. >:D

lwjov01pIhviGZCdatRtMFKMHaJVwAYN09Qpwu0VqY1BfNJZdxMj7tRtimO3faQIZ-qgrxCjkp1lhi50iNYJAtCZKh4UTNooN0vic9VY-ljv_4antP1ElWMXLw4ziSixB7FD3AhTzACrL8C_
F_O3eh-4s2uwKLbJXBs9h46MHnvdXUtV_wNUGiKn2AKYNtLm3EW9bl48byd9EftwzLTaYzPP_tUm76Z9JYEwjYfCmfKJ2c-11NXZh3yPMuEp1lU2dLeLq9rLqzj2xLyDG_-VktPmqX9N39jZ
Ah, heck y- No! D:<

w7vruiIgqCDr1tzCHoaC2_9HFIdsCN3iZi_zrjJ6tWsd2YSElLOgGxNvpEHctE3lCFeUhsk8TkgTfnCIYBogUNeElrk7ZtdW7FObXH8yyHYGuEjLEzmR72XoOGI99qCHjblgCICU-2nb5mNz
Thank you for your TED Talk, sir. o7

BV2ZCG_FUxCGuIaIwRivLLiq_2QlNeYhP4-DQgtkjOnHbU61A1pJy5lrgK3yvh11pphKPR5mJuhH5Gri5Bmzj4SjjipA2QVxHaWSBckWQrVU__4woQx6qH7OomehlblOnBQqt5n1CfD5VZgf

lchRTkCP-2KaR4mlOr64alHnVWp4QdyHLglp2rnHgs4MrStGpcDMhmZ_14Qtwf18MwgwZDAXtmiDpayxbEHHKyDbrvzfXo_Liq94Fz-ZIkuiK1uR2sCCuC4cTHlxTAV2HVZ5Sdm_GmAzt262
To the Pokemon Center!

95_1F-XHrPEUZL6HDXu8VK-DQgJ8cLIIlPrBK1oTQmnqryPSKI8DnhK-o9rSv_KlgW3GPnmugKngQD7JNK70vQU3DbzyB5sEV8uhmnIikMD8qeTeFt2cGkCfshBp-bERX425xmSWU76gUP2n

0pG-KJhtFOOQuBFh5w38trrHKq8-S_EALB1SI1-G6AaLAQAgJoyq1T5AZX3RYEHvlh7As8qwu7VMn6XFaW9exd-pF0EJadM3uTrvs8qb3m6PnjlQGBum7h_RBYjALhdiOFKoBXApNYA1hceT

I can't decide whether TM Sleep Talk is thematically-appropriate or not. 🤔 It certainly is on a meta level…

wM7O4bm6WXMJsgRVAYWLH9ANMfPTMAyOL-3P7E819NqwtZ7FcZb5h2EbwupSv_cYJ98zmbE3EfvvZvM8jhhQ_oF5DX-k3H0nvkMs8csEHje7K__HXQR9AGVth4PT5HwgeTEhmVr-AyAS9o1X
I mean, we can assume that they'll cause forced evolution on a mass scale, and that will cause Pokemon suffering (and potential danger to humans), but if you "listen" to the actual broadcasts, it's calling out for Mafia Daddy. Petrel says they plan to use the Radio Tower as propaganda, so was their "real" plan (beyond trying to use Alchemy to make a Giovanni) occupation of the Johto region, making it a Mafia state? (Much like real-life Cuba for the American Mob during the Batista regime. Seriously, read Havana Nocturne.) 🤔Man, wouldn't that have been a better plot? I know Drayano adds a Giovanni fight at the end of this arc, but wouldn't it be cool if a Pokemon evil team actually caused an ally or two to switch sides? (Team Plasma would also be a cool fit for this twist.) But then that would require that ally to actually be shitty at heart or an evil team's argument to actually be convincing, so maybe that's something better left to fangames. (Which I do think I can get a few of those running on my computer, so maybe that will be my next SSWL? 👀 What do you guys think?)

qHkuRYwRJ0C_ZFCyeMCzDZ1xEFtq0yR-g-Bro7QkPFjYhSJpn5kZ_YK-uPfXJ_gB3snN1mbT409sfVugYv85XlyxiNl7Bmj2w-HdYrXVvw19nkls1m0grDD23j4tGomcn2ix8dAij5Q907n6
Oh, you think mind control is happening? Actually, that's a way more likely way to make my idea happen. Thanks, dude!

dVybyq-qWJePzllCQNpBT8cnG2Tog3B_SEXabbapDmpnhpYru1sa2CuL3q9tPBu3Hu-cC23gfRNbsiCzTs0UzCEnO39WbNPV74POmp1bfpacNspuRfs78b1J4GN5U-ACTAEJyTlX6cMyBQfm

nvm-84SZEtY8jm5EPs19RRsktiHSAfYiP2hMcDSHCXgWvJYHak4Y87C4_0VnhdUmQ-pCXQjHyhpQx_PBIaC1qWYRUlAeBfD2RYWjYTH7CdqeLVWoMaPj3XnL_BwUyJvl_T60LTg1kc3W1iev

*Spongebob narrator voice* Many underleveled grunts later…

ZXlItBh3S_O2WoetswVuQb1_2zScxHaVnLCiQJKdX4iccFJthv2S-RnZneHzTV_OOMZWpA5xHjVpSz129b75b-0mSM0NKUEkLxAKfjV1VOxmUY1fTn8zZY1lvXLmPCE8Vvdehsve1T4TGuIK
Seriously, this amount of egocentrism (in a non-toddler) is a 🚩.

wvieL30CzoQ9BEQs1iC9B3wOSpZvvJ2igvTZoa3q4EWWGce0Jg-xyIb6XPSpm0mbfD0Klk8kSMHFPhwl2VXWd71GM3MG6wN-kBLQoO9ANrFUZ_NqKbajphDu5Ww5hGEIyBOneA1nvGnB_mVF
"The full extent of a Team Rocket Executive's wrath" is vanilla AF. I mean, look at this team.
GBxhdQRKsF9xSgke8zXyR7M1JMBEFHUyHKzwxvIgB6CQ7jrWIP0jCwHKjL6G6vKA5JS2zyBfAjaLHwNrfkz-eqR8qllMWMczecjpJvIytCo3CdIzWm2nrSlUDla81F5Vp0YibOzUTH1J7HxC

And look at this sweep.

VS Proton

Turn 1: Golbat VS Cragley
Bite!
Rock Blast OHKO!
kR2076nnbb5UZWCipDSF81d03q1zWRvBxgJnZDAHZDZRmXUD0ChjK1orhdCL1AHWP92gSLe3vzUcqz6gwEyVX7IL2YG0RMs_egNWBuBwFxHPm3aMxwD8vlEx1sKgHzMgqIDvazDjWvOp2O0U

Turn 2: Weezing VS Cragley
Rock Blast! Miss!
Sludge! 🤢

Turn 3: Weezing VS Cragley
Rock Blast! Miss!
Smokescreen!
🤢
*sigh* Never mind.
RJJLsu4d9AMcw6vW21MOfwnG2H72d_Vz1ks2Ewl6FYnAEybzQ48Dgq3G2vLrn6erSCjvHssZoT37hNa3AqHq5vmvcsjDDnTyGkTzo5I0xaQ2S5eziqqCu6pgBtcsx7ONwABnQdMgFShnRjFe

Turn 4: Weezing VS Cragley
Switch to Ms. Mowz!
Smokescreen!
ehBj57gcXa92m_lcZpwD5eIpHm8lo4G9b3B6n2jZ1NXa_Fj2SzMU7MbaOwkhjcWfTlnVLnQ4DEJFyuJJueXOSvxeYWKeQI_UL8aDjkx8zPiMRZZ0SbnD2fBpk_L9AFy7dwHZd1W3qCxtGngb
That's not even the move I wanted out of you! D:<

Turn 5: Weezing VS Ms. Mowz
Strength!
Sludge!
OK… But I wanted the Guts boost. :(

Turn 6: Weezing VS Ms. Mowz
Strength!
Sludge!
enKFCuAvLiGT_SX2GaFHLNI-S8OmTzPk0cOCQjj_f34UPlkObmQpU7-JyNXvxegITT3dOHAIXekKuQxa8gZ_VIKqq_wOYeKgY9Rb_pxJgXvLhtL9Dq22blZ7ZChq6WL_se4flnZkMzz5beLk
(If you're wondering about why this second Strength dealt so much more damage, Ms. Mowz is holding a Metronome.)

Turn 7: Weezing VS Ms. Mowz
Strength! KO!
EX7_G7PtuB5BonVevE00uF8cTEidegGfRUrEzExnJyALSraU2v8vbd_T_GwxwjXdW4hHB9qfHWNg6srcVcrwt5lSSnsonJOBiZs52TaWGyC0bzEhYw1h4gheoEsa8_wSXkrNxJ9QE40QY0Xs

4SYCooNUhGhVHLleKhknUZKDg8NF4PbMlSyZbl-RrLpemAdRnZ3nHTaF5rPvU0GsVQ_4g9hhvKdvfv1SK5BeZxemzHlz8TDP2miQqQidNo47G7LvxpJLG8PoHFq1_h_FQDFbbOnmZWh40TLu
I love how the game has to ask you these questions because these characters are all so unmemorable. 🤣 Does N ever need to say "Remember me from"? Actually, you battle N so many times that probably even GameFreak knows that's unnecessary.

COgJ4Cgcypa-2Mn3qUCyIpswTJdNOq2dcbjZimyFeu4A_CpNVHOpsbtjUje5oE7Te2n3OmhB63PirtRZfa1n_15yG5vFgS9WbYR7XFQ9e-wJLaZRKy1Q5bt-cdZeq7A5_E9esknYGU6EWc-f
Twink: 🔥 💋 🔥

Turn 1: Arbok VS Twink
Flamethrower OHKO!
iAqiHfbwbrC0Ze5wF9R7tJ4AuWh17dOaIpFT6lrAh9zKKrucAXIkha8qoVCK2KQYrMl8Ktp_Urf-uzkOxnjRPK08rnPDemRMB3__A2EFIlSh3yYrefhchcwG9VNN3WNmVDfo4EgEhqYtKfnn

Turn 2: Murkrow VS Twink
Flamethrower OHKO!
4ftNSypfjFj0clR-nU0CrHvRNRWW02txELPqSyyMLj7ZVEKmG_DXn1qvEhghTk7XkFPjCDglSjua2OTU4wfbshwjH8yG4G-6qFzIrmAt1Ur9Lk6tvwF0Hgwi-ippwh8RQTrHL9cj4YeYDNOX

Turn 3: Vileplume VS Twink
Flamethrower OHKO!
AccMa72UKjdT_RNmVoU3jZ7a5tGzkDlH5mjfAoqbu0i1iBT55h4tG5BLqS_YP1DRHR0isGd61hbWzcvEUvWqscQ2gs0LCV5zmRdH62dykyHvYuNTWkvG6GKS1ataSJdv83JmWTrqBqGuLSqP

@Empty Sun @ me:
fpdjDZDG2jsROrkrqaLKRuDObSiPgtJl74DLuROXGv6wNAyxYkqdPvhQC7ElVkeO_JQ0BRhsIOk7OUBIrd7Bdt_RMzn5KQHyV9UO2YuXdlI3aO9pOCvPLQLVlhUE9eyZTgOkVKBjlZap4ioK

Unfortunately, my patron cannot bless us against Archer, since two of his three Pokemon have Flash Fire. 😔
2mrFWKMhGEuqYHJhB3McjTvZE4th1iMeHOeKrb0jBaKLyugvQRC3EQzHrgv2atdGzN-vXTowZrLrtVflylF827BCHQ7Ivwh8DzWFMqTULdbiFjRER5itx1oFsssUKRl0LWSB1cjjgy7AxLra
They gave both his Houndour and Houndoom Early Bird instead!? I mean, I was planning on using Fracktail instead, since for some reason, they didn't give Houndoom Thunder Fang, which it can get perfectly legally via Heart Scale, but OK, game, go off. It's trying to have us lower our guard. But I won't fall for it. Because Clair is a terrifying creature.

kSnrCkv8bJjtKJRvo5uT4qX03Amg6kXxY4v3DY3E04RmveUkAjJWJHtK1X1bBW6XhJJE1FhgCKbRxGEEqYfN6OfFDoKrOOr8kwPSliL6xjQf-7tl1kSbPJhNcbyfW38__ETtboSt4vDKVzpG

Giovanni's "solitary training":
ly6vbxs8KRfLAMC7ybuSyLbw2ohZgnY9PulceiOio2_C81HgQTPUC_0C3pr06ghu4lo1Kqy-QF2XOkYS8dZs-IoigPZm0s3ZU-BM4058dNR3W4316Bku1uM6GhbI3aY8tsikeiCksB7ChicN
Fun Fact: Bulbapedia has a whole article dedicated to Meowth’s “boss fantasies.” ._. But where is Johto Team Rocket on this page!?

1d0B7h8RzqOr9HcFxN2PgdnOHS9bDx5qwG6gdmLKDhH2dgFFzugaBYupS5MFPUhOx2mDuv1iLV-1OCG5t1UAJt01PThZvA-moQQFzBOTrhWW6HFWpU6GgUu5uW6lUT2dcgHu1WKhC2s5bd51

Turn 1: Houndour VS Fracktail
Surf OHKO!
Gnys4sOaeVA0SuxQ__W73LfxOUowumZ8CNxKeY7n-TDB1M9xCgfM97uykyw5PCNlri4N-jdNAKJmgRes7M7zCPnHiU_M2CLaprr1hltBOfOdQ7EdaHxcEwhgRm2lINPiauluTGWbFRX9q93Q

Turn 2: Houndoom VS Fracktail
Bite! Critical hit! 0_o
Aqua Tail OHKO!
Ta5O8ISBdazUId0jSn9__JUOwixqQMUDFSFJcI0IBpdbu2NQbg9KofARjoVuZtmB_e0vZ5eXxE-s4bsS3sFtB4tFAmT-oFN7ployEfLE2UOgdyEZE8rnBhTAV8s_zCwL52zj4EnBNdGKsdS5

Turn 3: Koffing VS Fracktail
I'm not losing my Ice Fang user here. >_>
Switch to Bobby!
Sludge!

Turn 4: Koffing VS Bobby
Extrasensory OHKO! (Critical hit unnecessary but noted.)

_y5SdSOlw2SVIpfjxEWd6t2qmfjt2Z82QuBLn4gb-ps8PL5DmLYgKTApjJSO6yOACZslagM86HomJAuTtCsoj8vukbtNj23HpcN-kHL5iiXpbG6-R2t3JzGtsPMCjk9gyVGhw8zSvA8FoB75
What happens to a dream deferred? Does it dry up like a raisin in the sun? Or fester like a sore— And then run?

RgixzQvHuswu42Ypc7tlVl92iSoJxMZUgz6oeuem0VLmkwndNoKe0STii6YxdlNnfi1BohtrjP7AzgqlHFXW6hn9Uwe8HIsAaTu68yAkkhVmAANNXKBp7RiPBv0SwEkd6E6rLv6zKvhuWPew
Hey! I wasn't finished with my poetry reading! D:<

Seriously, Team Rocket 2: The Squeakquel doesn't even get arrested. ._. They just decide to leave.
juDJ7mOKiDU_tOqGgP2Bq_oixzxM77rMO67F1LsRzvVBNxib_uWCDHDWbHnHlWQkfYuqKA-vqH1pPPyRWvSzLRTrZq_0Z-GBvdIo7KZpFxTi5ttWIVSvAmaqe5klIbeNpub_mQBLSbDJ-ftW
Like, unless if you're getting on a plane to an alternate dimension in Alola, you're not gonna find him. >_>

rQ30ygd0FS5GOzBtiSXugkkz6ObHi5yEVxdOqEoFnTpfhRTaa8RINaJsr8xBla6LMILY1QpuN2WWpv-tu7EiSv_bCrQFCBZrao4w_2RRt0Qe5NXRFi3H9GTlmbbE349XndxTctjhWphBqzxh

taJfYzXC5ajRyaMAIUIE8-9Flgc4HFWvnE2yMQrBwW-Cp1bDghueGrKT5-ZAN1GXHJxm2t4pkCSMjaidI7l7_fAhHOpR1kkCB8OruvKFTNNuvguubnUvPJZ3ru1RwIvvZhamD7-yT-IPTCVf

aLHgkQuKjPeuxAWYn-64Pof5TzsTUOrE7vUoowSNH9-yWAzWec83BEpZjDjikFW_pET4J7LHDZALCilIHkIOtkdSLhjZf2Kt16fmWr_JHuj-7HjLRSlWiVezXo7mMnMGUtioaOXa_UULLDCE
Oh, oh, a good joke! Pokemon games can be funny! (On purpose!)

i unironically think he’s great

_31gAGugIhexWRzzls87yPKcEhoAStfUHKFAJiFFE4E0ZU4u93vjJNHHTrBcy30kewW7b7A7kfn0PZFHRFch6spz6JjVKPAtn3hCR_1rQcS3Pe43dtDBvF0atB-942-NqfzOVwaU33-SsYUy
Yummy yummy EXP in my tummy. 😋

gpXRTAjjfWcTNPQsVX4Rz4CsmZXeLIYn9_7e_58rKjuqXLW5lLCMqoFZBDWlGHH6Xs8rDhzy0HSgG6TXXqPFK8pUMMk4CWQf7jxWnPKEROjxraxMf-qbF1BexvK_K77JGJOH63B2muBJDQer
Ah, BrightPowder, our beacon of hope. 🙌

k2ikunRjNu8n0H5aJLYU90GldxKBs0ZutuWxL4V1JDsqt7XxTsfe4JclpflkGGstSc2SPanm0nT_uUiPJoX9mRVN-DWtRFvwK2UmMrOECRDwNGfT3u3Ltr7M-4QvpmYkIwWqurZyp8v839Fy

QOTD: What do you think is the most well-paced Pokemon game?

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
I’m surprised Pokemon hasn’t already implemented a skin color spectrum, rather than presets.
Forgive me for the cynicism, but I'm not. In terms of pure programming skill, the Pokemon games have usually been somewhat behind the times. Honestly, I don't think the idea has even occurred to them yet.
AOTD: This is the perfect compromise between random encounters and overworked enemies, and I think it's perfect for a monster collecting game like Pokemon: make what's visible not the monster but where the monster is. In Nexomon Extinction, for example (an excellent game that I will probably do a "nuzlocke" of here), the rustling part of the grass is the only part of the grass where encounters can happen. That way, you can avoid them if you don't want to battle but can go directly to them, not waiting for RNG to spawn an encounter, if you do. And, either way, what creature you encounter is preserved as a mystery until the battle! No more worries about unconscious bias in looking for your Wild Area encounters, nuzlockers! 😜
That does sound like the best system for nuzlockes.
zRTIb401yHScS_9fd79yDGjH_mRUiPZB32_IjZ4nzzTeeJsNHsfCHjDrE8k_-qbawU5MdSGyGqbdh_nrVo0JyDpr3lnv13140D_OGecotRbj28IuJl2KySCUEpukeHw16M_tz_P2zzfOcyOx
arREUbXYUg-frApm_D5NCm1YbTp4WTK_URcMd4ifOulJgTbxb-BzfMo5QLsCvsUwJwy56TKWNitK9rBYBSDLiwVuvXJBGZpFBT0zk7XnfTC0oL_JYT2_yZZheQ7YjnTu6U01RaCRAf7WP7VK
Oh my god this is so funny. How dare you try to take the fun out of this portion of the game, Boss?!
This man is the king of roasts.
(Even Bulbapedia says that Petrel sharing info is what usually causes Team Rocket's plans to fail, lol.)
I've always held that Petrel resembles an older James, and clearly they have the same energy (and competence level, I'm not sorry)
Fun Fact: All of the other starters are fully evolved for this rival fight. Proof that Chikorita is the best Johto starter. 😎
Chikorita is underrated.
Man, wouldn't that have been a better plot? I know Drayano adds a Giovanni fight at the end of this arc, but wouldn't it be cool if a Pokemon evil team actually caused an ally or two to switch sides? (Team Plasma would also be a cool fit for this twist.) But then that would require that ally to actually be shitty at heart or an evil team's argument to actually be convincing, so maybe that's something better left to fangames.
The evil team in one of my fangame concepts (which will likely never ever actually become a fangame because I don't want to paint a DMCA target on my back) is more of the grey morality type, so IF, hypothetically, I decide to pull a plot twist and have one of the rival characters join their side, it could be plausible.

Especially given that my fangame concept has choose-your-own-adventure elements and the player character can choose to join the 'evil' team, drastically altering the story beats. Yes I was inspired by Undertale but also by Radiant Historia
Oh, oh, a good joke! Pokemon games can be funny! (On purpose!)

i unironically think he’s great
Samson Oak (and Diamond and Pearl in the Adventures manga) suffered from the eternal curse of puns in other languages not localizing well. Which is a Shaymin, because I Smoliv puns when they're well Exeggcute-ted. (Just imagine my avatar doing the faces.)

Empty Sun

that's right, buttholes
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
oh God i've been called out i can never recover from this
the rocket disguise dialogue is some of my favorite in the franchise
what proton lacks in an entire team of fucking koffing he makes up for in... like, one golbat
they shoulda gave him at least one more mon cmoooon give him a slowking. for the funny

best paced pokemon game is clearly trozei

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!! But don´t forget to wear one
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
Bowser, your sense of humour is top notch. I chuckled multiple times while reading this update.
QOTD: What do you think is the most well-paced Pokemon game?
I don't know if this is biased or not, but I think Pokémon RSE and Pokémon ShSw have the better pacing. Since both games get to the point without dragging too much in certain sections.

Green Tea

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 15, 2022
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
I wish you could do more with the Rocket disguise, because it's just fun wearing it. The regular folks in Goldenrod aren't even intimidated (though none of them seem to recognise you as a pre-teen, so, yeah... there's that) but you don't get to do enough with it. It makes me wish you had to sneak into a Rocket base earlier in the game, and then you keep the outfit for your later escapades. That's probably too much to ask for in this sort of a game though. A girl can hope, though.

It's funny how Petrel poses the greatest Rocket threat in a Nuzlocke because of his bomb squad, while in a vanilla run, he's little more than fodder. You had bad luck with your frequent sludgings, though. Go and get a shower!

As for pacing, hmm. Are any of them all that good? They all have moments that seem dull and drawn out, or where you end up grinding forever and that's just as bad.

CasualGameFreak

Discord Resident Extraordinaire
Writer
Godfather
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
Pokédex Entry
Despite being a Grass-type, Casual is a flaming lesbian. Fire and Grass don't usually mix, but somehow it works out here.
On the subject of difficulty settings, do you think the B2W2 difficulty settings are good (as in, balanced well)? I quite like them, but, unfortunately, the way you access these settings is bizarre.

I actually did a Casual(TM) playthrough of Black 2's Challenge Mode recently, using an AR code to unlock the mode immediately. (I also used a patch to swap Curtis and Yancy so that I, a hopeless lesbian, would be dealing with the latter, but that's neither here nor there.)

I quite enjoyed it as a standard playthrough, even if I ended up having some struggles early on because my team wasn't fully formed at the time (glaring at Burgh and Elesa, both of whom took three tries to beat with my team of three at the time). Once that was done though, I found it to be a really fun extra challenge that never really bridged into outright unfair when played as intended (i.e. no self-imposed challenges). The Lucky Egg was a godsend and kept grinding to a minimum even in the rare instances where I actually felt I had to do it.

So yeah, it's fun, and I think it's pretty well done when it's actually accessible. (Like I said, the key system really feels like the devs forgot that there are places other than Japan that aren't nearly as densely-populated.)

Good job with the Radio Tower stuff! I always find some of the fights there to be deceptively dangerous, especially Petrel and Archer. I've still got memories from when I faced those two in my first ever completed Nuzlocke of Crystal, six years ago now. Lost my Butterfree to the former...

QotD: Hmm... I don't know if I can say any of them are top-notch with the pacing, but Ruby and Sapphire stand out, as does Platinum, with both of them imo only having their hiccups right at the end with the E4 grind.

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
Why the fuck did "the proof is in the pudding" and then a picture of a Golbat in pudding fucking obliterate me like that

Maybe instead of getting arrested, Team Rocket are going to therapy to talk about their daddy issues? God if only

For pacing... Honestly, if the leveling in Gen V wasn't so dogshit, I'd have nothing but love for the story pacing. The eighth gym feels like way too much of an afterthought in most games, but the plot and the League challenge are actually paired in Unova so you don't feel so disoriented in the tonal shifts of the lategame. Genuinely, though, I also like Gen I and the remakes for pacing, since it's got you very limited in terms of area access early on, then the map really opens up at around the time you're really finding your feet and have most if not all of a solid full team, so you can really roam and do some gyms in whatever order you like, but there's still a linear story progression of Celadon Rocket Hideout>Lavender Tower>Silph Co when you're ready for it, and it feels organic. Good shit.

Spectacles

Rule Maker
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 24, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
It hides deep inside caves where no light ever reaches it and remains virtually motionless there. ~Pokemon Crystal, entry #52
Hello, Future Bowser here. It was COVID.
Oof. Glad to hear you're recovered!
This is an absolute TOP TIER image.
Unfortunately, I may have to overwrite it with Whirlpool before then. 😔
Ugh. That's my favorite part of the newer games: no more forced HMs.
but wouldn't it be cool if a Pokemon evil team actually caused an ally or two to switch sides? (Team Plasma would also be a cool fit for this twist.
Okay I love this idea!!! And it would be cool to see you do a fan game :)
(Critical hit unnecessary but noted.)
Gotta give the mons credit for the extra effort.

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker, Completionist and Rule Designer
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
I must say there's something about the design of this place and of all the Team Rocket admins that works really well in HGSS, such fine remakes.

Thought about it for a while, and I'm surprised by my own answer, but I think SwSh. Might be thanks to the Wild Area, might be because of the exp candies (or the cursed forced exp share). Second place I'd say are the Unovan games, with RSE coming third.

Skarmizard

Metal dragon bird/Smash ‘locker
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Dragon
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also writes and is a huge fan of Smash Bros.
I like the NPCs' reactions when you pretend to be part of Team Rocket, although they really try to guilt trip you 😔
Jeez what was with the Sludge poisons in the tower? o_o
But at least it all went fairly smoothly aside from that. It's a shame Team Rocket just ends with a whimper in these games...

OP
Bowser's Family Vacation

Bowser's Family Vacation

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Cool
Pokédex Entry
"Am I Mario's babysitter? Are you going to call me every time that guy blows his nose, or what?"
@Trollkitten :
GameFreak:
SEwlbRZ.png

@Empty Sun : its actually pokemon dash

@JavierE64 : I only played RSE once (and I don’t think I ever completed it), so I can’t speak to its quality. But I did love ORAS. 🤔

@Green Tea : This Team Rocket disguise section makes me wish for a disguise section in future Pokemon games! Maybe we could revisit the idea of an evil team Gym Leader too—maybe a whole evil team town? 🤔 Spikemuth doesn’t count. ._. I mean, Pokemon isn’t known for its pacing, but some of them have to be better than others!

@CasualGameFreak : If I ever dive into ROM usage, I definitely want to do a ‘locke of B2W2’s Challenge Mode. I can always use an excuse to revisit my favorite Pokemon games! ^^ Platinum is great, but the whole Spear Pillar episode is so wonky (great battles, terrible navigation).

@SayleeK : The simplest jokes are sometimes the most effective. 😤 New Pokemon game confirmed: Pokemon Therapy! although isn’t that just pokemon masters The villain fight being the champion fight is *kiss* (And you can do the “champion fight” in post-game too~)

@Spectacles : Sometimes, you just need to make a niche meme. 😌 Hot take: Waiting for Godot is, like, the perfect book club read. There’s so much to talk about. A fan game is such a huge project and my only expertise is in writing. That being said, if a team needs a writer… 👈 👉

@RubyClaw : All this SwSh praise makes me want to do another challenge run of it! *looks at forum trophies*

@Skarmizard : They can’t challenge you to a Pokemon battle. How else can they reform you? 😔
AOTD: Even disregarding the level curve of Johto, I think it has a problem where gyms 4-7 come too quickly (it's not as bad as Kalos' midgame, but that isn't high praise). I might have to give this reward to BW1. While some of its gyms are too easy (*looks at Brycen*), there is a good amount of time between fighting each one. (Yes, Audino grinding is a pain, but assuming you have few deaths or are *gasp* not playing a nuzlocke, you don’t need to do it often.)

As awesome as Twink has turned out to be, I don't think he'll shine against Clair's Kingdra, so…

xaD6fRKyqB4LHjOes7mLo-2g-A99lx6_jUstzeEeYMTIMQ3vkz8B2Ychz6ZWaisRN1QTTayPOxL7VTA_GcZ7L2ET7r6XFnG0plMSZcVOhqi2kJJsmbK9PjRHgo2weuXvfT3duywLnw8_Rw_dhw
Say hello, Goombario!

You're my Kingdra counter. Congrats.

61zxCSj7k2Jl4hJDy9dFnqH2gmIlAhG3gTn2-sgI3jk9g7pkhRRTLEhXI7xPUFrKZq2HJRUUj8FtJmqAn31GcyHQzqvbZ4QPy3jZYzP08Ek-kVMQldXhP9IxMiQ345vmC_z83z8sPjJg-vJDMw

But you'll be in danger next time!

Most likely next time, anyway. Because it's quite a bit of a level jump to match Clair's Kingdra (level 41), so I'll definitely need a dedicated grinding session. (Phone, why did you want to put a winky face next to that?) 😔

But that's a Future Me problem.
OHLP33e_p3ykybKr42F5YRjCYlm8FS1vR_UyjfW4sFFEx39VJG_678ejUkhwydBu8Q54vBa-Cp86wxzqrRttgAyXBDB95-pWNJgSuX4jA2p-XVXJKc_J9Z4ciYU1cltsTp6NVNvxm0TEkxtVxg

Present Me's problem is getting through Ice Path!

bxcgv1WPEQCchVZEptOEW2iKfJz4Z4WybQQDbyrvEBFtavpe6MHPMmBIbmFEwn6-LYvXsxsy5Ewu5IbaKL48Qm66JdZ7_t_jW5_69R4Yppa-I4lFu6aSqCzTiDhmSPNA62p_74Qxe3x8G64r_w
And learning not to get shocked when I run smack-dab into trainers. 😔

5dfIKD3TADzFt-xEG27sAIpkwiWAaP2FX0Oe-yE2VgrcpDkTtpPhlAQWzUky_3zKiQlFe5qE9TxFbNxhKt5GfiO7oUalA57M1h0Nxh7naGOGeOGAlCqb-rm7bY7n9c75ndv1ZdCj8pwzMKiOew

Considering Clair's convictions are A) play around with the critical hits and B) be a sore loser, I'm sure RNG will pick the right horse to back. 😤

qTy76vxVFbEiqzUVyAGjpENWvQo9A-PSB7sBJwDtxDSjlxCJvlyVaTv-dEuuXp9E3sPnNODjcNKrfbWvycs-OQaACkQfUFNSm4RxtKuoy8BjTlDgTzkUrAYeEXSp5HpYD90AOjUS0mBpV-UXIg
What do you mean, reading the whole Mario Wiki isn't a conviction!?

1qyA4lvlw787Pgjtv-VGm562L3RhptQ6T1_TKQaVJ8Fz00AeNUPUJm6MNNcFvvmNWB-iQIx62ssiKHZNsd2JmaV5kJGKlExW553Irm9_bMJedj1uDtkbszdfiGFfPkVdhUeV2qxPpSR8W8kOYg
Well, not dealing with random encounters on top of the ice puzzles certainly is one.

9vP0jWNCVeIcHmFh0MycwPU1YHgvQKJOM3IvHCZvMjZOI2NwE2QpxSux9HLh6MZE9tFGTbbt4z4GwbIHKuy1gcMG3eSqQOVeI5M8DaotLTP9kEE1NQXdyHzbrmi1uVHEb0_ajYD149dioJbLWw
Maybe a better conviction in this world would be being a relationship counselor. 🤔 Although isn't that what being a Pokemon Connoisseur is? And the job prospects there aren't great. Cilan, at the top of his field, had to keep picking up odd jobs…

7465205.jpg
c3920c792eff02f9741d1d86e237567ddcc857fe_00.jpg
dd7.jpg
tumblr_mq2dqgqmUF1ruyj56o1_500.gif

AVlpsNSq838-EwqKnk3jKrEjv6eatG4bkDu_ixlm2Dipb9n8xudXnySgeA5_w7WE77VrMLoJuKKhziwTpzZDK_NaUXQnNlYlPToWo5dXVark_y9EKqTK0t4xdEQajjB6kTph39SsnQo7B7Euww
Level 34= Goombario does not learn Sweet Scent.

TQrQeqHPVvZQbmT4NSj5Ss4NoVFwGCU7Ijvv7EBf_MastwEDTJIBB8p01F9bEqRz8i3v03fq3bUQgHoIsPMUdQjDYDH5IH5mRzLNWr4kPhlwTGwrzz7_k2znzizLlgsQYiNooBgJcaa7wAeSyg
ejJY1T6Ul7M_n7WcOYfSf9f4_uI_gHGsJXc3bW4x_USeMacy4e68xVM4JReHrYW40n9dYhUqAFhYa0HWqKnUUhfNGgNDDFl_0L6whJmFi6DSIzYFbFAJ4c3XNnLnPih1_x9euxdmDLEU0-wubA
Oh, oh no, honey. You couldn't find a rat to defeat him with?🥺

Z2IhI34TfqH1KCisKkmE5jE0wmkZ9Kc8oq7hFLVuBu6AVvS-lzI_uML0fQt8FJztQIPFPZk2PCWgNV0IRKwucKpbdP64KGoxy-UYVIynB5l0VMeEMuMAQuqLFVkAbaFu4FS9ghEyVs-Yfvce-g
Ah, touché, game. That was kind of mean of me.

b0BE__uHOXinjrXlWsB3sd-MNwOBR1NoGBfyXEfrtf5AQrWMbs9RTszmIfvAxZS8BwO4OlmXfxsccO69IKFlulfMJyxHy9rnJ860VA3ypCTifPtcQeItS7cHASyNMxhFHOfDX-Jl2WLPIEzp-A
That’s lotsa spaghetti!

Ah, yes, Luigi, I'm sure this grass type will be very helpful to us here in Johto.

sw2i3TZm-u4Ck6of94XPcOM0XaY68iH_847tEwaMo9Whpx2ew66AxTFO3smaLeRvULe3YeN09GyM_ZfiNXwMwbCQ2JDBniKLhjskdRxI6GqV-KySmvRkQUEYRJ-Q1r831v7WwVpjyzcAR7x5eg

j8BYMKunuHiQCyiXV6hVvn2MtkQGbMJSAL6dc_WvJvNcXLeLni1_A7zCulzz44tbAtAZ45PDQyxYKlVLGMjpMZVMTlRVaUSg1zGGdHrAtC_gAgwUmAW98XTtqZdDX5nINgbaVpeTpwhVxSsFVQ
Can only learn Grass, Poison and Rock type moves.
Well, it's not a super detrimental lorerule. It's just a Pokemon that struggles in the context of Johto.

Would I Use This Pokemon?
Yes.

Hey, wait, I was kidding, but you took that Cut like a champ. I mean, Goombario isn't strong, but, still, is Tangela a tanky Pokemon? 🤔 I've never used one, so I wouldn't know. *attempts to banish SoulSilver grass type monolocke idea to the void, where it belongs*

YGEI6OEzzuWqM_llK2c1NQ5X4bgwSrSFmlHiylXvoB-DWTMop85pdFkc4oQQnd5pxRmIjEqpL6EVAXuI6hiUObJrlfcU4HKrKhLyr3cBVrYMYx9LGIrJAyRmsvJJ2LJ9ezRcGjMYLea5OuBndw
Ş̴̢͔̹̦̺̮̥͙͇̣͙̻̟͍͎̓̀́͊̇͒̍͠T̷̢̨̢̡͙̪̬͚̫̖͔͕̠̜̦̙͚͕͔̱͓̑̄̾̎́̍̀̑͒̿̇́̎͌̂̄͌́̈́̚͝͝O̶̢͕̱͍̎̇P̶̨̱̭̯͖͊̈̂̎̿̃̎̏͛͌̊̆̚̕̕̚̚͠͠͝ͅ

_RxteCIKw90c0AMjZXlleCqQ0OH8MrY0GndoCOFOvMQrCBeC0nbYL8nI-u7nbBXUY4_JsmrDxPWti1AKpgiM1Wwnyvsgh_tNuN_4lGQBeWT8u8ntevzCvoQtiz4yHsyFqGr6B8JBo2oEQQ8Ucw
Welcome to the team! 🥰
n-xW8ArnkRRBWcq3JLvkEKK0a8ry4HTGY3jgOHoefI00BUZ32ERDar1znx8ff1RU3fugLADtYmEU41CQx4UoIVEmWB71Y2s93POuAI0RfhCtYbeUJEf54d6q3XR4KXoGnOQLvxRMtbRlB_fd0g

IM5XjFV0_Ok-Kmc_m-AT5HkF_gY2fc_PN-L67GyW9MNQHDIpwwmw9rgVQntaUJ1hgXcsEoGc1JfXe0AyPGDQZhHuAD5axjFYVAicLPoBE_9XmRDurzOB9RbYdXAacWo5m-j3JNb06vPam1GXhA
Route 44= Mr. L the Tangela: The Green Man.

YErT81i8bI_QyPjO9n8b1v8ljMvc-erUk9Ig74phmkF7K7Ws5G-vuxqBCkCVfrBJTV1BfjvIBsNehLLwqmeXt1fRLVXmLFMDRz5qSzAhTLSZSPz3DhZPcmOfCkKMw0BVYtRHpKAWBeyPfM-Ucw
j_DitgCQWpGKzDJf4nttiy0d7p_MSwtOwqDJtKmlfSyGRdZubzkAYgO6gJB-mH346g8_PTqQ3kT429VyLTHgrU5bKYNLyiZo1gu6iOYhPIFGIipB8AyDV-5H3l8EgGsI4vo5UuwU9V6AgF0JkQ
Welp, I think this name is obvious. If you know, you know. 😜 But the plus defense nature explains the tankiness. This would be a great encounter for a SoulSilver grass type monolock-

lHyp4YOyPmfUdQIA0W9QuX2uJcFTtRfuXYdSgX6cxtHybgjO6j1vVjLBeA4RArCabcwtNy-f5pqM_HTUjSUFBeJo0R1zahqa5oz2suUbeubKZfI6bDSS7INT_q92r0Onvvr0pq464XP4rMt_cA
tbh thats where most of them are gonna stay the void

*looks at Clair* >_>
kIQ9NTbmo9kIw1rIgLR9B5hWuYWYyhakhhuROzcjM7VZnD1DwWMpshYJK-0ppyXvIKZbjfzdq5xNNKFkhOlKyzOS6DocZiS5OxSdm4DdKmYmMxYv5Y9DCRWCtgieAd8CE7_qTnw89QrjppjVvg
(This is very awkward to write because I have a very good friend, my Dungeon Master, actually, named Claire—different spelling, but still. She would never fuck up my nuz-!)
12OucM-iWpRLayeM_8laJb8Jg_SkLpkyufy9a4atMT2PhQLDP2NKH0FjiS3y36OuWyErySmqRBSoj0m67Jbwp9F-I3Q8MKYGAMAMIHrajkRF-bsLuEtrcq4UYh3I96J1q-IjA4500Bn3RuPBwg

I'm back from the void! With more Pokeballs!
2-f5B4K36-w1aWtZWVPBLDc4c5N7gEJ8nChDSI1yoqayiaHaLZaJ6_tYhRhKvIKkBSCu7XwkiA711Wpd3tavYjLA5DXZhNIOgC3PyU-4ZYtqTrcLcmZYLHW7o3e2WNEcCPlzfdb28B-og17h2Q
And this neat scarf.

Y4wn88pq4wiWRGbGql4PDjQYWCMV9V7ccE4FHWOWyRNqEgeEEkqa9u_J2CGjQnSJyNI2W6OpeTDqPgBj0A9bHbgCGTOiNKVjWOliXy0IwlL06kQcyD5xSmcnv4tjQ5eCMJI5xiey697kVaQmXg
4GVjveWGjFAsNK0g0wncgVPUtwCN__Ee8t-6NglHjHuARq58t3Ri9F87TDnbFUdWWla1EZF7Xa-JtoGXZcd2iLMpJ_1yxwvpOgoKUbiNOAOb8X2I1dVXn2CrKpoKX63XRkKznJRubCr9jEGFiw
*looks at Amazy* I do value you! You just have a different kind of value than what the Pokemon League calls for. You know, unless Clair does the thing. Then, you do have the kind of value the Pokemon League calls for.

M6JoAxAelqcjPp5gtGJJwI2ClQOu8Gpuv5dzimJLL2OTWazA_SD7HFmA-f5oGb0sen0Q9V-THW5G33gRZ1clKB0yo97APbky-ltdAKJdTS-1TQAJxg4ATlKTZDpkb1rqyVdVTll5zvujpSvwRg
My dude…
KOps5BN5I2vetsjrphWYR0v7CQ5eP1EBuS7tZD2qesejOsmXANjh9nZt15Q5jI0-6PZBiAuDhQ53BpzoZOF-hmGjGpYCi0MEZUT0R7_1rVoAFYJV2ciOp350iji8Z2one6KXenqsve4eRvI9Dg
unless it was a shiny so trade for trade i have this gyarados

xNlwVH82tS2RxsGGllA07SmLpq82jK8QVDpuUw70KUBglTgEQTgAzR1Vef8NDHyukY-wBFqbMF9f3W9lGY9UA3h6Q9nm24_fdQsAujRN7I2lk18rWFMXjGmdqEOzKHqrEh9kfAXDpL5LUXbxWw
Oh, come on, Goombario, it's not that bad…

*Spongebob narrator voice* 2 hours later…

ohi_HyqJA8u8BEyOEYSh66_a-KcbOmCkYU_U9LoZfWZFw_J85n_4uRtCWlpBQ4g01dNb8f3zo6V9jd4-7xItirwxhb55uU7Af_dndd4Bu57A0EIMreDFYy0AhheQP7bQqSz98_ppFCyPzz_36w

DlE3Z8Jc0_YeC9-mO6jMHZAeo5PXRPPc5efar0rnQx2xxu-2Zdqn5GqeeGO8xzdiXG8wTp0H_8rJjS3u7kd_IpECOxVF2iQdEVSM5NmeYwXaggFwGgJng6G3X1uXMqAHOXqABpy9py-nz7XVbA
Can’t know any Dark type moves or be in the same party as Dark type pokemon. Can’t Wedlocke or be connected due to a lorerule to any other pokemon.
I mean, it's a relatively inoffensive lorerule, but… why would I catch a vanilla Delibird?

No.

j6aeFeMst_5BSWHmd85qHKXFw7mCKpIMhdQE0UhuEVeQOTQTROBiO1IHjBUNSZZDbDJrnjZciXm901_NcOBnEtZt53E9LAZfS0tPfVhEF_CzJXYe1H64D9prmdY1_UxiUu3KWhg7mm83gHQP0w
But I did get the one (1) good item!

uqJEtpP0LT7dZkIKERoMuMH_2E6jfJ-Al0EA-f39tKifo_BCKJR7xuw1PDgdghYbQoo_-LpEGzGu_RSA6KFr9JyhxQhjc87uGbJt0dwHN9SOsXu2Qyzh4-CUZmkRxtZ_KPacxZwhrNEsoTEJKw
Thanks for not letting us forget about it, dude.

KhZ0PHtHUUze0zwXoE6NaFKxfFSyT8fGZngv_sei-4Ldzck3wrhbAO8jN607201sXJnM7i2PGWb4U1_z9HQ_VyITSqqhptXlzUmaXduo9jH3g04Bef8WJzVnRViFTvVCoLG-q5Pb1sO80ZpALg

if3ldk2w2j841.jpg

NYu2WkRD_6l6CKoJ7PrIBH_wOfcOFh7AnnzxQ9OQVMWiyFgNLbqqMgWKkcZAlD7-bxXtdSLUMwnTn8WBqHH3p1yIoA0eoWRT2gcOEaiUROtMMIWHBbmepsFw0TKRDL7EfrtC2Ahpyvgr3QSyMg
I mean, TM Avalanche is good in theory, but only ice type Pokemon get it in this game, and the only physical ice type is the Swinub line, so, yeah, it's a good move on a good Pokemon, but if you're not using that one Pokemon, there's no point.

a9sxeTOJeaCz0GfaLSIiKYkEz7ciZpltryQ6qNkDRZupxiTP5cCIKK96WQV2eDU_ETSf6d0DZ8SHkK7AXkyCuAGLoK2gqgj-4tqw0zzVcnDIyYG1e9lDuYLTSb7eVJXbQKmfDk4IvlWJwLcusg
…Good thing I got that one Pokemon! :D

Dk_eUswUhVw8kVY_14cByLF_r60i-kuG3gBfrjNXVr0528HEOl0-J8hzlYd-8sCAnVpXUT8k2ZBVnasXEJdnQGyQZtKPs2bx-U9SQInS_v9a00CbRG3CLadr7e00ZJ3kmEgZt9RX5ZWjAXv2dA

This pokemon can only be caught if an Ice type move was used against it.
An ice type Pokemon against a flying type Champion? An ice type Pokemon with essentially no lorerule!?

Yes (favored lorerule).

N7MKl5xQ_6keOchOIaDX4KpR8uRl_MgkGUwq9S8EoQi9_a4ckrg0Kq1vsS91Hy25TVO7xH3Y-3kqMFq0Yl1w-e4j9SupI4gVt9j1PLVQZBLWN2smMVZvAfcm5wo7CPTBMgb3v0vV6VkXSOijiQ
Ice Path 1F= Zess T. the Swinub: The Erymanthian Boar.

21eaFH7Whx_3FVWokUr3u-3MdFOp_FwmjPU6ZnIDMJcsFUP0fzPWxJ-MPAwlNoRmPhm132yw3j9AV-ZoRGJjVJyIHe2sxczgDpbiPRtQH6NESPTrZYhiknmkZdjOAUAL3J5JJa7b6bhT0YVSgg
yk3vPImNdjwcRO3rgWO4QIpj4sbGLaarEM6j37ryVw4dRO0P14QAknMhxy9c65t4fFLI89orWqeAL9zvanGZYGWryZviKryMabGdhN1_6JGwP5YTHLxEauIFt57J207-wgdQYaYnNVo87isgXw
Zess T. is the name of the chef from Paper Mario The Thousand-Year Door. I mean, the Swinub line must eat a lot. The name pulls from pigs, and the designs pull from wooly mammoths—both are big eaters!

But I'd like to hold off on training Zess T. for now because her matchup against Kingdra is not great. Part of nuzlocking is knowing when not to risk Pokemon you'll need later!

esCx3TEsd6jJrfKBm1XAU3kvKRVGZJX2bXw_vnVVdt5zK7O5cK_mbSqoLhkoaHLJGUKYmfmy6WUm3qiMnMUt92s-FgmqviB98I2dGvyxYBVZ7DHU9vYN158dE5Iiiknqgpz0M-RMHrn6RB5iWw
Technically, I found a second Swinub too, but I opted out of obtaining it.

When you catch Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine sacrifice either a Pokemon or 10 berries/Apricorns and items worth 20,000 pokeyen. While this pokemon is in your party you may cancel the lore rule of every other Ground, Rock and Grass pokemon in your party and the effect of lore rules of Rock and Ground type pokemon as you catch them. Must know a Ground move if possible. Must know a Rock move if possible.
While this is normally a very good lorerule, my team's lorerules don't really affect it too badly, and in case I have a massacre at Clair, I don't want to have to sacrifice a Pokemon or berries/money that I could be grinding in preparation for the Elite Four. (The money part, at least, I could nullify if I had my Meowth in the party in the moment of capture, but I don't.)

No.

MDbYvMK1tWs29BXW8FXTK2_hmvtdSda__OSqXRyxvSUlDPlRhVrjSp04_KU-nTwaxCdqEE-zEnthYiE0loNwsX7aIhhATSE9C-v9vaRoI7iuMdITCSFp0nfpqj5wkAjqTQfsbUw9rbnJaj6Jcw

Oh no, the Kimono Girls are missing a deadly Eeveelution~

iu7otAgkfMSu540FOjcxgnOR3pumPdg2Mz5iPS7PWEDOIf7yK0oXlJqm9Th5UpNTqZpKvUnvxNSo-skL-I7s3H--qdOlgBmb8mIyWnmAVjzaJP6xysAM1LQ8Odo1QV8seeqiDotvATzXkPt6ig
We're training up the team you see now. To level 40~!

I am deeply ambivalent about Pokemon Legends Arceus, and I always love these kind of deep-dive analyses. 👀

At level 39, Ms. Mowz does not learn Double-Edge.

At level 36, Bobby does not learn Safeguard.

At level 38, Fracktail does not learn Rain Dance.

XrNOOEJkct7yl4NicmbGoGKCtW9TstlcT-A-6Es57c81TuDNpw-hLodaAJy4JDgDveKtpp_9Dod7hmtbF9UtgwFErE-7EYSzfjK4VIDkSYnstCq8E9caun5RHlQSNI4P99bL9jZnJI-wfni1EQ
…*quietly adds Explosion, just in case*

Hey, did you know that Delibird being a SoulSilver exclusive means that Ice Cave is only a viable grinding location in SoulSilver?
HO_nsaXt6Q6M4WVSTgPxUqvNvqU12AwW1jnSLN-88CqjzKWdcTsiAyGZWKKaBNdg0qRaunUjcpnY4wei5ud5ZwH8g5E5r02Rt3t4FiyMKTMcY29Jeo-d2aQWF-VnboWQsmy9p1nvzwI1KezGDA

QOTD: Who do you think is the hardest Gym Leader (or Trial Captain/Grand Trial fight) in a (vanilla) Pokemon game?

Last edited:

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
QOTD: Who do you think is the hardest Gym Leader (or Trial Captain/Grand Trial fight) in a (vanilla) Pokemon game?
If I'm honest, the one I hate the most in terms of difficulty is freaking Totem Lurantis. The Totem battles already have asymetrical difficulty (and not the fun kind like Max Raid battles because Max Raid Battles at least pretend not to be horribly one-sided), but give a Lurantis buffed speed, let it call Pokemon that set up sun and offer type coverage, and give it Synthesis and Solar Blade, and you've got yourself a great big bug from Hell. I hate, loathe, and despise everything that Bacon Pants stands for.

Empty Sun

that's right, buttholes
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 22, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pokémon Type
  1. Normal
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
i will not take this delibird slander lying down
you gonna insult the funny santa penguin? huh? what has he ever done to you? he does his best. he can learn sky attack and gunk shot from the move tutor excuse me what the fuck

Green Tea

Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 15, 2022
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
That's a great swinub catch, and an extraordinarily kind lore rule! You've even got the avalanche TM ready to go, too.

I don't understand how a differently-coloured Pokémon isn't more valuable. It isn't better per se, it's not stronger, or able to learn new moves, but to collectors it must be more valuable. The game has some odd dialogue sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread