• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Screenshot Sinnoh Mature Commentary Hack Pain. (A Blind Nuzlocke of Renegade Platinum)

Thread Description
This was a mistake on my behalf. Updates on Wednesdays (I hope)

Kit_The_Feef

Someone who draws too much ¯\_(ಠωಠ)_/¯
Artist
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Comic artist. Idiot. Has far too many active projects for his own sanity. Unreliable when it comes to updates on his non-comic endeavours.
I'm aware that I'm insane for staring yet another Nuzlocke Run on these forums, but I've been inspired! As many people on these forums are aware, @pikafan96 has recently finished her Blaze Black run, Ashes of Glory, and I finally got the chance to read it a few days ago. And because of her success with that run, I decided to try publicly nuzlocking a different Drayano hack! Because she's proven that they are most certainly beatable, and she didn't even have too many deaths, either. (If you see this, Pika, congrats! Your run was really impressive to me!) I'm also doing this because Diamond and Pearl remakes are coming soon, and I'm quite excited. Fun Fact! I have never completed a Sinnoh game! I had Pearl as a kid but then my brother went ahead and lost it whilst we were on a cruise ship. I only remember getting to Solaceon Town. So this will be a brand new experience to me, too! So, without further adieu, let's get started!
1: If it faints, it is dead and must be permaboxed.
2: Catch only the first Pokemon on each route.
2a: Shiny Clause is in affect.
2b: Dupes Clause is also in affect.
2c: Legendaries MUST be caught but CANNOT be used.
3: All gift Pokemon are acceptable, because this game is hard.
4: All Pokemon must be given nicknames.
5: In game trades are allowed, but only if I own the Pokemon up for trade.
6: Healing items permitted, because, once again, this game is hard.
7: The only documentation for the game that I'm allowed to read are the changes on Pokemon I own. (Stat changes, type changes, etc.
And so we begin!
1.png

Gotta love that Giratina on the title screen. I'm impressed that they edited this. Then again, it's probably not that hard to do. Still used to Palkia from Pearl, though.
2.png
3.png
4.png
5_This_is_Blind_Im_only_allowed_to_look_at_Pokemon_changes_of_my_own_mons..png

I'm only going to be looking at the Pokemon changes. Nothing else.

6.png

It's actually a completely new adventure for me! (Recall that I've never gotten past Veilstone)

7.png
8_Nah_Ive_been_playing_Pokemon_for_ten_years.png

I mean you no disrespect, Rowan, but I've been playing Pokemon for over ten years. No, I don't need help.

9_Oh_yeah_showcasing_that_bottom_screen.png

Ah, yes, the days when the Touch Screen was revolutionary. We aren't going to be seeing it very often.

10.png

... Where can I steal that Eevee from?

11_I_am_boy.png
12.png

I didn't transition to get asked if I'm a girl. And none of you know me by my real name, let's go with Kit.

13.png
14_Is_a_big_manga_nerd.png

...I admit to being a huge fan of the Pokemon Adventures manga, or Pokemon Special. Though I don't know where to get me a copy of the DPP chapter, so I haven't had the chance to read it yet. I would read it online, but I prefer to have the physical copy of the manga in my hands. It's the same reason that I haven't read My Hero Academia yet.

15.png

I wish I could do that for real :(

16.png
17.png

I'm used to the Red Gyarados intro from Pearl. I guess this one makes more sense, though.

18.png
19.png

Oh, hi Pearl.

20.png
21.png
22.png

...Admittedly, that's a whole lot better than stealing his Pokemon like we do in Diamond/Pearl.

23.png

Pearl is my spirit animal.

24.png
25.png

Ah yes, the origins of the "Barry's going to fine you" joke. That was annoying in the anime, and I barely even watched it.

26_Im_not_quite_as_brave_as_Pika_were_staying_in_switch_mode.png

My settings. Note that I'm in switch mode. I'm not quite as brave as Pika, so I'm staying in switch mode. In vanilla games I'm almost always on Set mode, though.

27_Guess_Im_picking_Piplup.png

Using the last number of my Trainer ID to determine the starter. And since it's 7, which corresponds to Piplup's Sinnoh Dex number, I guess I'm picking Piplup. I picked Piplup in Pearl, too.

28.png
29_HMMM.png

Does she normally give you the Running Shoes this early? I know you get the bike from Eterna City, but the shoes? I don't know.

30_HMMMMMMMM.png

Do I get to keep it?

31_THUD.png

Presenting: Pearl, the CEO of THUD!!

32.png
33.png

Guess we'd better follow him...

34_Why_is_Palmer_here.png
35_Yeah_I_did._He_didnt_say_anything_useful.png

Why is Palmer here? Is he normally here?

36_Its_your_fault_that_were_late_idiot..png

...It's your fault that we're going to be late.

37_And_just_like_that_Palmers_gone.png

And, just like that, Palmer is gone again. Like father, like son, I guess.

38.png

Oh, shut up.

39.png
40.png
41.png

He has an idea?

42.png
43.png

Please never have an idea again. Did you know that if you run, your encounter rate is actually increased?

44.png

Finally, a sane person!

45.png
46_Im_sorry_that_Pearls_an_idiot..png

I'm sorry that Pearl's an idiot, sir.

47.png
48_I_wouldnt_be_playing_this_game_if_I_didnt.png

Well, obviously I do, otherwise I wouldn't be playing this game.

49.png
50_Im_actually_with_Pearl_on_this_one..png

I actually wholeheartedly agree with Pearl here. I do love Pokemon, a lot.

51.png
52.png

But it was all Pearl's fault!

53.png
54_Pearls_actually_taking_responsibilty_for_his_actions..._Strange..png

Pearl actually takes responsibilty for his actions in this game? Impressive.

55.png

Maybe not him...

56_Im_Nuzlocking_this_blind_sir._I_cant_keep_that_promise..png

I'm Nuzlocking this blind, sir. I can't keep that promise.

57_Oh_hi_Dawn.png

Oh hi Dawn. Where did you come from?

58.png
59.png
60_Pearl_youre_11_shut_the_fuck_up..png

Pearl, you're 11. Shut the fuck up. I'm pretty sure the only "grown ups" around here are Professor Rowan and maybe me if I were so inclined.

61.png

Yes, a million times yes! Give him to me! (Piplup is my favourite Sinnoh starter.)

Royalty_Piplup_Shocked.PNG
Oh... Someone actually wants something to do with me?

Yeah... Wait, quiet you!

Royalty_Piplup_Happy.PNG
I'm no longer a science experiment!

Good for you.

62.png

I saw right through your lies. You just wanted the starter that was strong against mine!

63_Bye.png

Bye.

64.png
65_NO.png

No, I need to train my talking penguin first!

66_Aww_fuck._I_cant_say_no.png
67.png

Fuck, I can't say no.

68_Okay_but_DDPs_Rival_theme_is_a_bop.png

Okay, but DPP has a really fun rival battle theme.

69_Oh_shit_if_Ive_got_Bubble_hes_definately_got_Absorb..png

Oh, shit. If we've got Bubble than Pearl's Turtwig probably has Absorb.

Royalty_Piplup_Confused.PNG
What does that mean?

It means that we probably lose.

70_He_used_Withdraw_this_is_going_to_take_ages..png

And he just used Withdraw instead. This battle is going to take ages.

71_And_we_lost._Screw_You_Pearl._Nuz_Over.png

Royalty_Piplup_Sad.PNG
I don't feel so good...

Aaaand... We lost. Screw you Pearl. The run is over.

72_Shut_the_fuck_up_Pearl..png

Quit your gloating. You just killed my penguin, have some respect!

But-

73_Would_have_been_much_quicker_if_you_didnt_use_Withdraw._Piplup_is_faster..png

You know, if you didn't spam Withdraw, we may have actually won. But no.

74_I_lost_the_run_ma.png

Pearl killed my penguin ma. We lost the run before it even truly started...

75_But_hes_dead....png

But he's dead, Ma.

Royalty_Piplup_Angry.PNG
Stop saying that!

I'm joking. We all know that the first Rival battle doesn't count! Let's look at your summary screen...

76_Im_joking._The_first_Rival_Battle_doesnt_count..png
77_Hes_perfect.png
78.png

Modest Nature? No wonder you couldn't hit for shit!

Is that bad?

No, it'll be really good when you learn some decent special moves... And the Piplup line are Special Attackers! You're actually perfect!

Well... Thank you for your kind words. I feel a little better about losing.

79_FUCK_OFF.png
80_Pearl_you_idiot_we_cant_catch_Mesprit.png

No, you idiot, we can't catch Mesprit!

81_Stop_following_me..png
82.png

Not quite.

83.png

No, we are not.

84_Cyrus_is_talking_to_himself_obviously.png

Obviously, we're witnessing Cyrus talking to himself whilst the calming Lake music plays in the background.

85.png
86_Who_the_FUCK_are_you_talking_to.png

Wait, you're clearly addressing someone. Who the FUCK are you talking to? Is Cyrus even more insane than I remember, or is he talking to us?

87_Oh_hes_talking_to_Mesprit._That_seems..._Sane..png

Oh, he's talking to Mesprit. That's honestly not a whole lot better.

88_Not_even_a_please_what_a_jerk_Even_Pearl_has_better_manners_than_you..png

How rude! Even Pearl has better manners than you!

89_Rude_too..png

Not even a thank you... You will pay, Cyrus. You will pay for your rudeness.

90_Not_this_again....png

Knock it off, would you, Pearl?

91_Theyre_telling_you_not_to.png
92.png

That's the sound of Mesprit telling you to stop being a moron!

93.png
94_You_are_a_moron..png

Every day I find myself questioning your intelligence... Then I remember that I tend to do the same thing IRL, and all judgement falls away.

95_Oh_my_God_Pearl_thats_not_what_he_meant..png

Pearl, I don't think that's what he meant...

96_Itll_be_you_somehow..png

It'll be you. Somehow, it'll be you. I could even cycle there, and you'd still get there first.

97_I_can_see_the_lab_Dawn.png

I don't need a guide, Dawn. I can see the lab from here.

98_fuckin_told_you_so.png

WHAT DID I SAY?!!

99.png

It is me. I thank you for the Piplup. I love him.

Royalty_Piplup_Angry.PNG
Thanks, Kit. That means a lot coming from a man I met five minutes ago.

...Quiet, you.

100.png

I would sincerely hope so.

101.png

His name shall be... Royalty! It suits him, I think.

I've heard worse.

102.png
103_Hed_better....png

He'd better.

Royalty_Piplup_Angry.PNG
Is that a threat?

104.png
105_Technically_not_but_Ill_lie_so_I_can_continue_the_game.png

Technically not, but I'm just going to say yes to avoid complications and continue the game.

106.png
107_This_means_the_Nuzlocke_begins_now_too..png

This also means that the Nuzlocke officially begins now too. Royalty, if you faint again, I can't save you.

Royalty_Piplup_Sad.PNG
That's... Troubling.

108.png
109.png

That's kinda useless to me, isn't it?

110_Dawn_Im_not_interested.png

Dawn, I don't need your help.

111.png

Oh yeah, back to the family abode... But first!

112_Oooh_theyre_way_cheaper.png

Wow, these are way cheaper than they used to be! And... Are the Potions more expensive? (Looked it up, apparently they've always costed 300. This was changed in Sun and Moon.)

113_First_catch_time.png

Let's get our first catch!

114_Goddammit_Pidgey.png
115_Well.png

...What is it with me and Pidgey? Pidgey was my first catch in Volt White, too. And vanilla FireRed.

116.png
117.png
118.png

I named her Prudence in memory of my Fire Red Pidgeotto, who died to Green's Pidgeotto at Cerulean Cape. I thought my Pidgeotto was better. I was wrong. Here's to hoping this Prudence doesn't suffer the same fate as the original!

Prudence_Pidgey_Confused.PNG
Wait, what?

Don't worry about it.

119_Lake_encounter_time.png

Let's try the Lake!

120_WHY.png
121.png

I ALREADY HAVE A WATER BIRD!

Aquamarine_Psyduck_Sad.PNG
I'm sorry?

122.png
123_God_fucking_dammit.png
124.png

And she has a terrible Nature, too.

Aquamarine_Psyduck_Confused.PNG
And? I can't help that!

Sorry, I'm not being fair on you. The first gym is Rock type, you'll have your uses.

Aquamarine_Psyduck_Angry.PNG
I should think so!

125.png

I'm going on an adventure!

126.png
127.png

Is it a certain brown, floofy Pokemon?

128.png

... This is the opposite of useful. It's actually a hindrance, tbh.

129.png

That's kinda depressing.

130_Is_this_about_Eevee.png

Is this about Eevee?

131_Fuck_yeah.png
132_Eevee_time.png

Fuck yeah, free Eevee!

133_Pearl_finds_even_more_ways_to_ruin_my_life.png

Pearl continues to ruin my life. *sighs* Yes, I'll deliver it to him, but only because I have to, not because I want to.

134.png
135_Maybe_I_should_get_a_Leafeon_with_the_nature.png
136.png

Woohoo, he's good! I named him Harry because... Well... He just looks like one! Got any evolution preferences bud?

Harry_Eevee_Confused.PNG
Um, I don't really mind. At all. I've never thought about it.

Well, with that Attack boosting Nature, I'm thinking Leafeon would be a good choice, especially because it's good against Roark.

Harry_Eevee_Happy.PNG
It's all up to you, boss!

That's the spirit!

138.png

Well, I think that's enough for today. I have... Very bad posture. I need a break. Next time, we go through Dawn's pointless and compulsory catching tutorial!
In no particular order...
Royalty_Piplup_Sad.PNG
Royalty_Piplup_Happy.PNG
Royalty_Piplup_Angry.PNG
Prudence_Pidgey_Angry.PNG
Prudence_Pidgey_Sad.PNG
Prudence_Pidgey_Happy.PNG
Prudence_Pidgey_Shocked.PNG
Aquamarine_Psyduck_Happy.PNG
Aquamarine_Psyduck_Shocked.PNG
Harry_Eevee_Happy.PNG
Harry_Eevee_Angry.PNG
Harry_Eevee_Confused.PNG
Harry_Eevee_Shocked.PNG
Harry_Eevee_Sad.PNG

Last edited:

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
Good luck on this run! Your going to need it. Modest on Royalty will make it pretty good when he learns surf. Leafeon is pretty cool, with swords dance and leaf blade being a pretty good combo, not to mention that grass types tend to get a self healing move in synthesis. I just hope Harry gets to that point, and that grass's weaknesses doesn't get in the way.

Raderph

A Radical Earthling
Globetrotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Grass
idk maybe you should have listened to rowan in order not to lose

Bird Squad is fine and cool but also I have not a clue whether he buffed Psyduck (update i don't think the did) or Pidgey (update i think he did)

Good old Drayano giving you instant Eevee and access to whatever stone you want super early. If you can, I'd hold off as long as possible, but also you do probably want the power kick that the evolution would bring...so shrugs here.

Just as a heads up btw I'm not sure what you did with your text but halfway through (specifically after Royalty's first line) all of the non-Pokemon commentary is in white. It might be my forum theme (I'm using the Slowpoke one) but it was very tough to read. Doc Scratch vibes like its 2011 all over again.

Blind Dray is A Choice, good luck not wiping~~

pikafan96

That Little Yellow Rat
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 27, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
A reclusive creature. Can rarely be seen scavenging for food late at night.
Oh ho, I have been summoned!
Seriously though I'm flattered that my run inspired you to do one of your own. Drayano hacks are terrifying, but they're also a blast to nuzlocke! The harder trainers make you consider each encounter strategically, and the added Pokemon variety make each new encounter exciting!

And not only are you doing this hack blind, but you're also doing the game itself (partially) blind!? That's impressive.
You're in for a treat, the Sinnoh games are some of my favorites and they're great for nuzlocking! Or... at least the base games are, I'm worried about what Drayano did to the region :ohdear:

If you do decide to make your own portraits I'm really excited to see them! From my own experience I can say that they're great for showing off a Pokemon's personality, especially when you're working with limited visuals!

1.png

Gotta love that Giratina on the title screen. I'm impressed that they edited this. Then again, it's probably not that hard to do. Still used to Palkia from Pearl, though.
I know!
I really love the shifting gradient that they decided to use on the legendaries for the title screens this generation, really makes them seem otherworldly.
Which works considering... well - they are otherworldly!

6.png

It's actually a completely new adventure for me! (Recall that I've never gotten past Veilstone)
If you've never made it past Veilstone you are in for a treat, the game only gets even more wacky and wonderful from there!
I can't wait until you get to experience the culmination for the Team Galactic arc, it's damn good.

...I admit to being a huge fan of the Pokemon Adventures manga, or Pokemon Special. Though I don't know where to get me a copy of the DPP chapter, so I haven't had the chance to read it yet. I would read it online, but I prefer to have the physical copy of the manga in my hands. It's the same reason that I haven't read My Hero Academia yet.
A fellow Pokemon Adventures fan! I was obsessed with that series as a teenager, although I haven't really kept up with the newer chapters...
I have a pretty decent collection too; I think I have all of them up to the halfway point of the FireRed/LeafGreen arc?

15.png

Same 😔

26_Im_not_quite_as_brave_as_Pika_were_staying_in_switch_mode.png

My settings. Note that I'm in switch mode. I'm not quite as brave as Pika, so I'm staying in switch mode. In vanilla games I'm almost always on Set mode, though.
Hey, don't worry about it. I exclusively played on shift up until I started posting my runs online.
Nothing wrong with using it, especially when doing a Drayano hack! I was tempted to avoid using set myself for Ashes of Glory.

Does she normally give you the Running Shoes this early? I know you get the bike from Eterna City, but the shoes? I don't know.
No? I don't think so? I played through this game last year and my memory's already starting to fail me 😓
I'm pretty sure you normally get the Running Shoes after you come back from showing Rowan your starter.

34_Why_is_Palmer_here.png
35_Yeah_I_did._He_didnt_say_anything_useful.png

Why is Palmer here? Is he normally here?
No, he isn't!
Guess it must be a Drayano edit. Good, makes Palmer seem like less an absentee dad!

Please never have an idea again. Did you know that if you run, your encounter rate is actually increased?
I think it also increases if you ride your bike!

61.png

Yes, a million times yes! Give him to me! (Piplup is my favourite Sinnoh starter.)
Piplup is an amazing starter.
It's eventual steel-typing makes it great defensively, and water-type starters generally do pretty well in their own rights!
All the gen 4 starters are really good design-wise honestly, Game Freak really did a great job with Sinnoh.

71_And_we_lost._Screw_You_Pearl._Nuz_Over.png

I don't feel so good...

Aaaand... We lost. Screw you Pearl. The run is over.
Aw, it's okay - you did as well as you could!
I think the only reason I won my first rival battles in Blaze Black was because I got an "easy" level off Bianca before I had to deal with Cheren.

76_Im_joking._The_first_Rival_Battle_doesnt_count..png
77_Hes_perfect.png
78.png

Modest? That's really good!
If he manages to survive long enough our little penguin friend is going to be deadly!

96_Itll_be_you_somehow..png

It'll be you. Somehow, it'll be you. I could even cycle there, and you'd still get there first.
I'd love to know what kind of coffee he drinks in the morning in order to get these levels of speed...
Because I would like some; how hard is it to share with your friends Pearl!?

101.png

His name shall be... Royalty! It suits him, I think.

I've heard worse.
Oh, Royalty is a good name!
Hope you make it little buddy, I'm rooting for you!

116.png
117.png
118.png

I named her Prudence in memory of my Fire Red Pidgeotto, who died to Green's Pidgeotto at Cerulean Cape. I thought my Pidgeotto was better. I was wrong. Here's to hoping this Prudence doesn't suffer the same fate as the original.
Pidgey isn't a bad catch at all, I've had quite a few Pidgeot carry me in previous runs. I also really like the name Prudence, here's hoping she fares better than her predecessor!
And I get your pain with always catching a Pidgey; I have the same curse, but with Rattatta instead...

122.png
123_God_fucking_dammit.png
124.png

And she has a terrible Nature, too.

And? I can't help that!

Sorry, I'm not being fair on you. The first gym is Rock type, you'll have your uses.
Well... this seems familiar.
Good luck Aquamarine, I have a feeling you're going to need it :ohdear:

131_Fuck_yeah.png
132_Eevee_time.png

Fuck yeah, free Eevee!
WHAT!?
What the hell Drayano, why didn't I get a free Eevee you sadistic asshole :argh:

134.png
135_Maybe_I_should_get_a_Leafeon_with_the_nature.png
136.png

Woohoo, he's good! I named him Harry because... Well... He just looks like one! Got any evolution preferences bud?

Um, I don't really mind. At all. I've never thought about it.

Well, with that Attack boosting Nature, I'm thinking Leafeon would be a good choice, especially because it's good against Roark.

It's all up to you, boss!

That's the spirit!
Seriously though, congrats on the Eevee (I say through jealous rage).
Leafeon is a really good choice; if you can get past the less-than-good defensive typing it has a really good movepool and their physical attack stat is nothing to sneeze at!
I already love sweet little Harry, and I hope he manages to make it far!

I'm not too sure how consistent of a commenter I'm going to be (life's a bitch) but I'll do my best to keep an eye on this run!
Also, a piece of advice? Don't underestimate any of your Pokemon, they can and will surprise you. This is coming from the woman that carried a Furret to the Elite Four.

Best of luck to you on your run - I'm excited to see how this goes :pillow:

Pudd

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 10, 2020
*Homestar Runner Voice* Teen Girl Bird Squad!!

I've never played Renegade Platinum, but I know Vanilla Platinum can already be rough for a Nuzlocke, I wish you luck!

Also somebody remind me to name Barry 'Sonic' next time.
YOU'RE TOO SLOW

Kit_The_Feef

Artist
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Comic artist. Idiot. Has far too many active projects for his own sanity. Unreliable when it comes to updates on his non-comic endeavours.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Woo, people are reading this! Nice!
Good luck on this run! Your going to need it. Modest on Royalty will make it pretty good when he learns surf. Leafeon is pretty cool, with swords dance and leaf blade being a pretty good combo, not to mention that grass types tend to get a self healing move in synthesis. I just hope Harry gets to that point, and that grass's weaknesses doesn't get in the way.
Thank you for the luck wishes! I've never used Leafeon before, so I'm excited to see what Harry can do for me! So far, he's been pretty good! And I personally was very happy to get Modest on Royalty. He will indeed be amazing as an Empoleon.
idk maybe you should have listened to rowan in order not to lose

Bird Squad is fine and cool but also I have not a clue whether he buffed Psyduck (update i don't think the did) or Pidgey (update i think he did)

Good old Drayano giving you instant Eevee and access to whatever stone you want super early. If you can, I'd hold off as long as possible, but also you do probably want the power kick that the evolution would bring...so shrugs here.

Just as a heads up btw I'm not sure what you did with your text but halfway through (specifically after Royalty's first line) all of the non-Pokemon commentary is in white. It might be my forum theme (I'm using the Slowpoke one) but it was very tough to read. Doc Scratch vibes like its 2011 all over again.

Blind Dray is A Choice, good luck not wiping~~
Behold the mighty power of Bird Squad! Their power only grows! Also, checking documentation shows that Pidgeot has been buffed signicantly as a Special Attacker, with base 115 Special Attack! I do not regret Pidgey at all. Golduck wasn't buffed stat-wise, but it is a Psychic type, now. Psyduck is still mono-water, though. I'm evolving Harry as soon as I can, I need him to kick Roark's ass. Also, what colour is the text on the theme you use? Because I thought the text colour was all white. I can fix that for you, though.
Oh ho, I have been summoned!
Seriously though I'm flattered that my run inspired you to do one of your own. Drayano hacks are terrifying, but they're also a blast to nuzlocke! The harder trainers make you consider each encounter strategically, and the added Pokemon variety make each new encounter exciting!

And not only are you doing this hack blind, but you're also doing the game itself (partially) blind!? That's impressive.
You're in for a treat, the Sinnoh games are some of my favorites and they're great for nuzlocking! Or... at least the base games are, I'm worried about what Drayano did to the region :ohdear:

If you do decide to make your own portraits I'm really excited to see them! From my own experience I can say that they're great for showing off a Pokemon's personality, especially when you're working with limited visuals!

I know!
I really love the shifting gradient that they decided to use on the legendaries for the title screens this generation, really makes them seem otherworldly.
Which works considering... well - they are otherworldly!

If you've never made it past Veilstone you are in for a treat, the game only gets even more wacky and wonderful from there!
I can't wait until you get to experience the culmination for the Team Galactic arc, it's damn good.

A fellow Pokemon Adventures fan! I was obsessed with that series as a teenager, although I haven't really kept up with the newer chapters...
I have a pretty decent collection too; I think I have all of them up to the halfway point of the FireRed/LeafGreen arc?

Same 😔

Hey, don't worry about it. I exclusively played on shift up until I started posting my runs online.
Nothing wrong with using it, especially when doing a Drayano hack! I was tempted to avoid using set myself for Ashes of Glory.

No? I don't think so? I played through this game last year and my memory's already starting to fail me 😓
I'm pretty sure you normally get the Running Shoes after you come back from showing Rowan your starter.

No, he isn't!
Guess it must be a Drayano edit. Good, makes Palmer seem like less an absentee dad!

I think it also increases if you ride your bike!

Piplup is an amazing starter.
It's eventual steel-typing makes it great defensively, and water-type starters generally do pretty well in their own rights!
All the gen 4 starters are really good design-wise honestly, Game Freak really did a great job with Sinnoh.

Aw, it's okay - you did as well as you could!
I think the only reason I won my first rival battles in Blaze Black was because I got an "easy" level off Bianca before I had to deal with Cheren.

Modest? That's really good!
If he manages to survive long enough our little penguin friend is going to be deadly!

I'd love to know what kind of coffee he drinks in the morning in order to get these levels of speed...
Because I would like some; how hard is it to share with your friends Pearl!?

Oh, Royalty is a good name!
Hope you make it little buddy, I'm rooting for you!

Pidgey isn't a bad catch at all, I've had quite a few Pidgeot carry me in previous runs. I also really like the name Prudence, here's hoping she fares better than her predecessor!
And I get your pain with always catching a Pidgey; I have the same curse, but with Rattatta instead...

Well... this seems familiar.
Good luck Aquamarine, I have a feeling you're going to need it :ohdear:

WHAT!?
What the hell Drayano, why didn't I get a free Eevee you sadistic asshole :argh:

Seriously though, congrats on the Eevee (I say through jealous rage).
Leafeon is a really good choice; if you can get past the less-than-good defensive typing it has a really good movepool and their physical attack stat is nothing to sneeze at!
I already love sweet little Harry, and I hope he manages to make it far!

I'm not too sure how consistent of a commenter I'm going to be (life's a bitch) but I'll do my best to keep an eye on this run!
Also, a piece of advice? Don't underestimate any of your Pokemon, they can and will surprise you. This is coming from the woman that carried a Furret to the Elite Four.

Best of luck to you on your run - I'm excited to see how this goes :pillow:
I was honestly slightly worried about summoning you, 'cause I thought I would be annoying you, but I'm glad you like this! I'm thinking of editing in the portraits in later. Also, Drayano was trolling you with those Eevee, at least Thoron was a good catch.
*Homestar Runner Voice* Teen Girl Bird Squad!!

I've never played Renegade Platinum, but I know Vanilla Platinum can already be rough for a Nuzlocke, I wish you luck!

Also somebody remind me to name Barry 'Sonic' next time.
YOU'RE TOO SLOW
Teen Bird Squad for the win! I have too many birds! Sonic would be a good name for the Sinnoh rival, how else would he get everywhere before you :v: I hope this run goes well....

pikafan96

That Little Yellow Rat
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 27, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Don't worry about summoning me! I don't get the chance to read too many runs nowadays so this is the perfect excuse!

Also, what colour is the text on the theme you use? Because I thought the text colour was all white. I can fix that for you, though.
I know this isn't in reply to me, but I figured I could help you out too! (Mostly since I was also going to mention the color but completely forgot to.)

The color changes for each theme, so the default color will automatically change to match the theme. I think it's white in dark mode, and I know it's black if you use the mint theme (since that's the theme I use).

When you use colored text:
W2B6V4c.png

And you want to go back to the original color:
U9Jjp7R.png

You can use this little eraser in the color picker to reset it to the default color-
-Example:
nqGgpYf.png

Just highlight and hit the eraser and your good to go:
W2B6V4c.png
-
9Y1SBEw.png
-
U9Jjp7R.png

Hope I didn't overstep - I just wanted to help out!

Kit_The_Feef

Artist
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Don't worry about summoning me! I don't get the chance to read too many runs nowadays so this is the perfect excuse!

I know this isn't in reply to me, but I figured I could help you out too! (Mostly since I was also going to mention the color but completely forgot to.)

The color changes for each theme, so the default color will automatically change to match the theme. I think it's white in dark mode, and I know it's black if you use the mint theme (since that's the theme I use).

When you use colored text:
W2B6V4c.png

And you want to go back to the original color:
U9Jjp7R.png

You can use this little eraser in the color picker to reset it to the default color-
-Example:
nqGgpYf.png

Just highlight and hit the eraser and your good to go:
W2B6V4c.png
-
9Y1SBEw.png
-
U9Jjp7R.png

Hope I didn't overstep - I just wanted to help out!
No, you're not overstepping at all! This is genuinely helpful information! Thank you!

Kit_The_Feef

Artist
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Okay, so the text colour should be fixed now. Thank you @pikafan96 for helping me out with that! I'm always in Dark mode so I wasn't aware of the issue.

Kit_The_Feef

Artist
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Okay, it took me literally all day, but ALL of the Pokemon in the first update now have their PMD Icons! I hope y'all like them!

Kit_The_Feef

Artist
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
It's Saturday in my country, y'all know what that means! (Also, I'm feeling quite sick rn, probably shouldn't be attempting to eat all my birthday chocolate in the space of a week when I'm lactose intolerant. I think I'm going vegan after it's all gone.)
So, last we left off, we were about to go through Dawn's annoying mandatory catching tutorial. Except...

139_Oh.png
140.png

...That's not a mandatory catching tutorial. At least she only has one Pokemon.

141_FUCK.png
142_Oh_no.png

Well, shit. This monkey is overlevelled, and faster than us. If she gets a crit at any point... We're not going to be okay.

Royalty_Piplup_Angry.PNG
I can handle it!

143_nvm_she_went_for_Taunt_like_an_idiot.png

Nevermind, she went for Taunt like an idiot. We win by default, now.

144_I_beat_you_underlevelled_owo.png

I just beat up your overlevelled monkey with my underlevelled penguin, owo.

145_No_YOU_PAID_ME_0_DOLLARS.png

Excuse me, did you just pay me 0 DOLLARS?!! GIVE ME MY MONEY!!! IT WAS NOT FUN, I WANT COMPENSATION!

146_But_I_already_have_19_of_those.png

I already have 19 of those, this is not sufficient payment, Dawn. (Or maybe she has no money because she wasted it all on Pokeballs? :facepalm:)

I am still mad.

Royalty_Piplup_Angry.PNG
Get over it already!

147_At_least_you_didnt_give_me_a_forced_tutorial._I_appreciate_that.png

At least you didn't give me a forced tutorial. But you have made me painfully aware of this game's level curve. It's time to grind. But first...

148_Okay_this_is_worse.png
149.png

Aquamarine?

Yeah?

I take back every bad thing I've ever said about you.

150.png
151_You_have_a_shit_nature_but_good_IVs.png
152.png

This is significantly worse in every way.

Flutter_Burmy_Angry.PNG
Hey!

153.png

This Hidden Power could be interesting, though...

Flutter_Burmy_Angry.PNG
I can't believe you would just insult me like that!

He does it all the time. I don't think he really means it, though. He's just too caught up in game mechanics from Sword/Shield, where he could easily fix these things. He's been spoiled.

I'll get over it, worst-possible-Nature 'Mons. Eventually. Golduck and Mothim are actually pretty solid.

Hush.

154_Okay_I_think_we_can_actually_fight_trainers_now.png

Grinding is over, I think we can safely fight trainers again!

155_Trainer_battle_time.png
156.png

Aquamarine, Flutter, I'm giving you your chances to shine!

157.png

Who's the "worst-possible-Nature 'Mon" NOW?

Okay, Aquamarine, I get it now. You don't need to be perfect to do well.

158_I_believe_in_you.png

Flutter, ready to beat up a Bidoof?

Flutter_Burmy_Angry.PNG
This task is beneath me.

You too weak to do it?

Flutter_Burmy_Shocked.PNG
What? No! I will destroy my enemies! I deserve a place on this team just like everyone else!

159_That_was_one_Hidden_Power._One._Hes_fine.png

That was one Hidden Power. One. What sort of 'roids are you on, Flutter?!!

160.png

Flutter_Burmy_Happy.PNG
Maybe you should shut up and stop thinking about stupid shit like Natures!

Okay, so I decided to use PKHex to check my savefile, just to try and understand why Flutter hits so hard, despite being a freaking BURMY! The answer? He has a perfect 31 IVs in Special Attack, his Hidden Power is Bug, thus having STAB, and it's also a whopping BASE 70 POWER! All I can say to that is; Sorry, Flutter, you can kill pretty much anything the early game can throw at you. I apologise for underestimating you.

Flutter_Burmy_Confused.PNG
Thank you.

161_He_turned_into_a_Sand_Cloak_Burmy._Why.png

I did not realise that Burmy can change form depending on the ground you are standing on. Because I was on the path when this trainer attacked me, he's a Sandy Cloak Burmy now.

Flutter_Burmy_Happy.PNG
Sandy Cloak supremacy!

I agree. It's not like you're going to evolve into a Wormadam, anyway. Enjoy your Sandy Cloak, it won't last long.

Flutter_Burmy_Sad.PNG

162_We_finally_hit_Jubilife_only_to_be_immediately_stalked_by_Dawn.png

I can't seem to get away from this girl. Also, I have to catch Pokemon. Nuzlocke rules.

163.png

Please leave me alone, Dawn. I am an adult, I think I can find my way around a city set in a children's game.

164_Oh_god_its_Looker.png

Oh, God, it's Looker, AKA the world's most useless detective that claims credit for other people's work. (Mainly the work of children.)

165_No....png

Why, I'm sure I've never, in my entire Pokemon career, heard this phrase.

166.png

*Snickers* (Stop asking stupid questions if you don't want stupid answers.)

167.png
168.png

...Is this about that Spiritomb that's been roaming Sinnoh and stealing people's faces?

169.png

Why would I ever want this?

170.png

I am not Spiritomb bait. I'd like to keep my face.

171_I_dont_really_want_to.png

That's okay, I really don't want to talk to you, anyway.

172_Oh_come_on.png
173_...Right....png

...Look, I'll keep an eye out for the purple swirly boi. But no guaruntees on me actually assisting with its capture. I'm a little preoccupied RN.

174.png

I wouldn't want to deal with serial killers either, tbh.

175_Dawn_I_dont_care.png

I already know that Pearl is in there. I don't need your guidance.

176_Is_this_normally_here.png

Is this normally here? Oh well, I'm taking it.

177.png

Your mother harrassed me about bringing this to you, plot demands that I hand it over.

178_I_dont_need_one_either.png

I really don't need one, either. I think I can find my own way. I have never gotten lost before. Except in Lumoise City when I was a kid.

179.png

Bye.

180.png
181_I_thought_I_was_meant_to_find_clowns_first.png

I thought I was meant to go bother some clowns? Maybe the Spiritomb got them.

182_Old_Rod_Shenanigans.png

We can use this to get an encounter on the next route!

182_I_found_this.png

Oooh, Water Pulse! This'll be handy, especially because in Renegade Plat, you get 99 of each TM.

183_Ill_take_it.png
184.png

...I'll take it. I've used Starmie before, they're pretty solid.

185.png
186.png

Welcome to the team, Patrick! (As a Spongebob fan, I had to.)

Patrick_Staryu_Happy.PNG
*Happy Staryu cry noises*

I guess they don't talk very much. They seem happy to be here, though.

187.png

What can we get here?

188.png

POTENTIAL DUKE THE SECOND?

189_Fuck_you_Duke_the_second._Screw_Teleport.png

He fucking Teleported on me. Which is pretty in character for Duke, TBH. Only reason he didn't Teleport away from me in Prism is because he was Lv 3 and he didn't know Teleport yet. I'm very dissappointed in you, Duke II. No Gallade for me. :(

190.png
191.png
192_Neat.png

There are no Rock Smash rocks here anymore, but here's some neat stuff I found!

193_No_Oreburgh_skipping_for_me.png

Sadly, these Galactic goons are in the way, so no Oreburgh skipping for me :(

194.png

Ravaged Tunnel encounter! What a cutie!

195_God_fucking_dammit.png

The one time I don't want you to hit Fury Swipes five times, you just do it, don't you, Aquamarine?

We didn't need another Water type, anyway.

I wouldn't have replaced you with her!

196_Oh_for_fucks_sake.png

Oh, come on, can the children of this game stop harrassing me for FIVE MINUTES?!!

197_I_believe_in_you_Aquamarine.png

Aquamarine, destroy it.

With pleasure.

198__Bitch_really_healed_his_Starly_and_then_switched_out._I_almost_had_it.png

Okay, so this brat has the AUDACITY to heal Starly after a Water Pulse nearly takes it out, then we get it down to low health again, and he SWITCHES OUT?!! Annoying, but he stupidly switched his Turtwig into a Water Pulse.

199_It_was_nice_for_it_to_hurt_itself_first_turn_though._Thanks_Water_Pulse.png

Ha, ha I love it when enemies hurt themselves in Confusion! Free switch!

200_Good_job_Pru.png

Good job, Pru.

Aye, I knew I could be useful!

201_Theyre_about_equal.png

They're about equal, I think.

Flutter_Burmy_Angry.PNG
I will destroy!

202_FUCK_IT_KNOWS_ROCK_TOMB.png

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE ROCK TOMB?!! WHAT DO YOU EVEN NEED ROCK COVERAGE FOR?

GET ME OUTTA HERE!

203_Gonna_have_to_heal.png

Why does this fucker exist? Two turns, Aquamarine's nearly down, and this thing is STILL ALIVE.

204_Thanks_for_hitting_yourself.png

We must heal... Thanks for hitting yourself whilst we did that!

205_Youre_joking_right.png

WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING?!! DIE ALREADY! At least Pearl already wasted his Potion on Starly. We oursleves only have one Potion left.
206.png
207_Finally.png

This took way longer than it should have. Good job Aquamarine and fuck Munchlax.

208_you_think.png

Harry... Finish him.

Harry_Eevee_Happy.PNG
Of course, Boss!

209_Crit_Quick_Attack_for_the_win.png

Well, the crit was a little overkill, but good job Harry!

210_fuck_yeah_Deathless_Pearl_fight.png

At least you actually give me money when I beat you, unlike a CERTAIN SOMEONE!

211.png
212_I_sincerely_hope_not.png

Pearl... No.

214_not_so_bad_all_things_considered.png

That Munchlax was a pain in the ass, but everything else was okay, I think.

215_Another_bird.png

Route encounter is... Another bird for the Bird Squad!

Chess_Spearow_Happy.JPG
Yay, Bird Squad!

...He's adorable.

216_Ouch.png

I didn't cap these battles because I didn't think anything would happen, but...

217_Hell.png

HolyshitAquamarineareyouokay?!!

Get me to the Centre. I'll live.

Whilst we're here, let's check Chess' summary!

218.png
219.png
220.png

All in all, not too shabby. I'm going to leave you safely in the Box for now, Chess. You won't do well in a Rock Type Gym. Maybe some other time?

Chess_Spearow_Happy.JPG
That sounds pretty reasonable to me. I'm okay to stand aside for now.

Good on you, Chess.

221.png
222.png

I enter Oreburgh Gate and am ambushed by the useless item man.

223.png
224.png

Eyyy, she'll be okay against Roark. Probably.

Gravel_Confused.PNG
Okay? I'll be
awesome.

That's a lot of confidence you got there.

Gravel_Happy.PNG
I earned it.

225.png

Another useful TM! The game's being generous again.

226.png

We finally made it to Oreburgh City!

227.png

Thanks for the Oval Stone. Now leave me alone.

228.png

I'm not in the mood to deal with him right now, that's a problem for another day!

229.png
230.png
231.png

And the Nature curse continues.

What did we JUST go through?

Yeah, I get it, I'll give her a chance.

232.png
233_And_thats_the_end_of_this_update._Next_time_Pearl_shenanigans.png

Here's the team, all nice and healthy. Next time, we explore more Oreburgh City, and make Roark move his lazy ass to the Gym! See ya!
Royalty_Piplup_Sad.PNG
Royalty_Piplup_Happy.PNG
Royalty_Piplup_Angry.PNG

Prudence_Pidgey_Angry.PNG
Prudence_Pidgey_Sad.PNG
Prudence_Pidgey_Shocked.PNG

Harry_Eevee_Angry.PNG
Harry_Eevee_Happy.PNG
Harry_Eevee_Confused.PNG
Harry_Eevee_Shocked.PNG
Harry_Eevee_Sad.PNG

Flutter_Burmy_Angry.PNG
Flutter_Burmy_Confused.PNG
Flutter_Burmy_Happy.PNG
Flutter_Burmy_Sad.PNG

Patrick_Staryu_Angry.PNG
Patrick_Staryu_Sad.PNG
Patrick_Staryu_Happy.PNG
Patrick_Staryu_Shocked.PNG
Patrick_Staryu_Confused.PNG

Chess_Spearow_Sad.JPG
Chess_Spearow_Happy.JPG
Chess_Spearow_Confused.JPG
Chess_Spearow_Angry.JPG
Chess_Spearow_Shocked.JPG

Gravel_Angry.PNG
Gravel_Sad.PNG
Gravel_Shocked.PNG
Gravel_Confused.PNG
Gravel_Happy.PNG

Last edited:

Raderph

A Radical Earthling
Globetrotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Grass
Ah. I see Dray is still doing his “friendly rival gives $0” thing. It bites particularly hard after the Ethan/Lyra fight in SGSS.

>Signal Beam tier Hidden Power

Flutter has to live for Gardenia, surely

Oh shit he got rid of the clown party lets goooooooooooo

(quote for starmie)

Okay look I know it’s another water type on this team but Starmie is busted in half, it’s easily one of the most solid Pokemon in all of Nuzlocking- great coverage, great stats, good STABs, Recover, it’s just really really good. And you can evolve it early I assume given how Dray works with Eevees, though I’m not sure he made it learn moves.

Basically what I’m saying is that if that were me I’d be popping off.

That’s one impolite Munchlax. Kinda forget how dummy thick that thing is for a baby mon.

Okay these portraits are very cool and good, got that PMD vibes but without the part where they lost a bunch of charm in the 3D transition (it’s okay SMD amphy I still love you)

Ayo does Sturdy work like it does in Gen5+ in this game or nah?

FPFP66

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 7, 2020
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
And because of her success with that run, I decided to try publicly nuzlocking a different Drayano hack!
Oh, you poor bastard. Anyone have any popcorn? And Bud Light Seltzer?
Yeah it’s all fun and games until a Rattata leaps at your Poke Balls.
I'm not quite as brave as Pika, so I'm staying in switch mode.
Me watching the 2021 New York Yankees.

about to read Part 2 but this run has all the makings of wonderful chaos and disaster and I’m here for it. Not like I have to subject myself to Renegade Platinum’s six-Pokémon gym leaders and critical hits and bullshit and more critical hits

FPFP66

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 7, 2020
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
Excuse me, did you just pay me 0 DOLLARS?!!
Dawn is a bad tipper. She probably complains that there were two ice cubes in the water and not three.
Grinding is over
AKA the world's most useless detective that claims credit for other people's work.
Inspector Gadget has entered the chat.
As a Spongebob fan, I had to.
He fucking Teleported on me.
Oh God now all I hear is the *pop* sound from DBZA. Fuck DBZA.

I like how the team is coming along. Bummed about Wooper. I love me some Wooper. At least you have Staryu and Psyduck. God now I feel old watching the anime 17-18 years ago and having my mom say she liked Psyduck as she watched with me and had zero clue what was happening. Such simpler times.

17-18 years ago????

Actually that’s not as bad as realizing FRLG, San Andreas, Yeah by Usher, and the A-Rod trade is 17 years old.

wait.

FUCK.

Kit_The_Feef

Artist
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Ah. I see Dray is still doing his “friendly rival gives $0” thing. It bites particularly hard after the Ethan/Lyra fight in SGSS.

>Signal Beam tier Hidden Power

Flutter has to live for Gardenia, surely

Oh shit he got rid of the clown party lets goooooooooooo

(quote for starmie)

Okay look I know it’s another water type on this team but Starmie is busted in half, it’s easily one of the most solid Pokemon in all of Nuzlocking- great coverage, great stats, good STABs, Recover, it’s just really really good. And you can evolve it early I assume given how Dray works with Eevees, though I’m not sure he made it learn moves.

Basically what I’m saying is that if that were me I’d be popping off.

That’s one impolite Munchlax. Kinda forget how dummy thick that thing is for a baby mon.

Okay these portraits are very cool and good, got that PMD vibes but without the part where they lost a bunch of charm in the 3D transition (it’s okay SMD amphy I still love you)

Ayo does Sturdy work like it does in Gen5+ in this game or nah?
So no money is normal... Stingy ratbags.
I should hope that he does.
No clowns here! A blessing...
Checking Starmie's documentation, they don't learn moves, no. So I'm waiting until 31 for Psychic. Patrick is good, yes.
That Munchlax having Rock Tomb was utter bull. Was not expecting it at all.
Thanks! They take a lot of work, which is why this week's ones are gonna be a little late. :(
Unfortunately, no, Sturdy is still a shit ability.
Oh, you poor bastard. Anyone have any popcorn? And Bud Light Seltzer?

Yeah it’s all fun and games until a Rattata leaps at your Poke Balls.

Me watching the 2021 New York Yankees.

about to read Part 2 but this run has all the makings of wonderful chaos and disaster and I’m here for it. Not like I have to subject myself to Renegade Platinum’s six-Pokémon gym leaders and critical hits and bullshit and more critical hits
What's a Rattata gonna do? I could punt it! (Not that I would, I kinda hate animal cruelty.)
Yeah, enjoy the ride. I suffer for your entertainment.
Dawn is a bad tipper. She probably complains that there were two ice cubes in the water and not three.

Inspector Gadget has entered the chat.

Oh God now all I hear is the *pop* sound from DBZA. Fuck DBZA.

I like how the team is coming along. Bummed about Wooper. I love me some Wooper. At least you have Staryu and Psyduck. God now I feel old watching the anime 17-18 years ago and having my mom say she liked Psyduck as she watched with me and had zero clue what was happening. Such simpler times.

17-18 years ago????

Actually that’s not as bad as realizing FRLG, San Andreas, Yeah by Usher, and the A-Rod trade is 17 years old.

wait.

FUCK.
I'm now imagining Dawn at a fancy restaurant screaming at the waiter because they didn't make her milkshake exactly 5 degrees Celcius.
Harsh. My justification is that I don't wanna deal with Pursuit deaths.
How did I forget about Gadget? I watched that show all the time when I was a kid!
I love the Woopy bois too. Dammit, Aquamarine! Can I add to your existential crisis? I wasn't alive when the original Ruby and Sapphire came out, despite Sapphire being my first Pokemon game... And I'm an adult.
Welcome back to this! Finally finished all the portraits over a week late! Also, for some reason, my computer deleted some screenshots. I was able to recover most of them, but a few still evade me. Now, on with the Update!
Let's not put it off any further, let's just talk to Pearl.

1.png
2.png

Yeah, I did. I've been avoiding you.

3.png
4.png

I don't actually think he says this in vanilla... *Checks Bulbapedia* Never mind, he's actually just this humble in Platinum. Amazing.

5.png
6.png

Will do.

7_Kek_I_found_Steven.png

Was wandering around Oreburgh and I found Steven. Oh, Steven Stone my beloved...

9_Fuck_yeah_Ill_take_a_pseudo.png

...I was not expecting this! Fuck yeah, I'll take my second favourite Pseudo! (Fav is Tyranitar, what did you expect?)

10_Dammit.png

Goddamn it...

11.png

I'm back! Thank you, I will treasure them immensely.

12_Itll_make_me_very_happy_too..png

It'll make me very happy, too!

Steven_Beldum_Happy.PNG
Clang! It's nice to meet you!

Nice to meet you too!

13_Ill_talk_about_rocks_with_you_Steven.png

Will do, I'm something of a Geology nerd myself. Let's talk rocks some other time, Steven!

14.png
15.png
17_Look_at_them._Theyre_so_stronk._I_will_treasure_them.png

They got a moveset buff! They're so strong! And I of course named them Steven after the delightful human who gifted them to me.

Steven_Beldum_Sad.PNG
Maybe, one day, I will beat Steven's Mategross... It's a dream of mine.

Why?

Steven_Beldum_Angry.PNG
I'm sick of being ignored.

I won't ignore you. You'll be an asset to the team when you evolve!

18.png

Let's get an Oreburgh Mine encounter!

19_Meh.png

Meh. I'll still catch her.

Holly_Whismur_Angry.PNG
Hey!

20_You_troll.png

And of course the next encounter is a Trapinch, which I really wanted because Bug Types are some of my favourites... RNG hates me.

21.png
22_Oh_the_Irony._No_wonder_she_hits_so_hard_with_Uproar_though.png
23.png

Her Nature is so ironic.

25.png

Let's try this Route here!

26_I_actually_didnt_want_you.png

...I wanted a Machop.

Honse_Ponyta_Sad.PNG
Why must you hurt me in this way?

27__I_am_disappointed.png

And of course my next encounter is something I could have used in this gym.

28_You_are_even_more_disappointing.png
29.png
30.png

And of course she's Modest...

Honse_Ponyta_Angry.PNG
Hey, I can't help that!

*Sighs* You'll be good against Gardenia, so you're not the absolute worst, Honse. It's just a shame that you're not immediately useful.

31_This_is_the_team_I_intend_to_use_for_Roark._After_some_grinding..png

This is the team I intend to use against Roark. After some grinding, of course.

32_Fuck._First_death._Can_we_get_an_F_for_Gravel.png

Wait, no, this wasn't supposed to happen! NO, GRAVEL!

Gravel_Shocked.PNG
I'm sliding into a dark place... At least... I'm cool, right? Tell me I was cool!

You were the coolest Geodude I ever met...

Gravel_Sad.PNG
It's a lie, but... Thank you for giving... me... A chance...

Gravel, we hardly knew ye... I'm so sorry. Harry, it's revenge time.

Harry_Eevee_Angry.PNG
You bet!

33_Good_revenge_Harry.png

...It's over. I feel sad, I guess, but we really didn't know her that well. I can't believe I did something so stupid...

I was fighting a trainer, and he had a Whismur. I figured, easy levels for Gravel, right? She's a Rock Type, Normal types can't do shit!
... I forgot about Gravel's horrendous Special Defense. It only took two Uproars to take her out. There was nothing else I could switch in safely. I'm sorry that I'm stupid, Gravel.
RIP Gravel, Lv 8-8.

34_Fuck_you.png

Fuck you, sir, you just killed my rock. She didn't deserve that.

35.png

I'm really not in the mood.

36.png

It's not the same, Roark. I want Gravel back.

37.png

Not so lucky for me. Did you see what one of your workers did to my Geodude?

38.png
39_Getting_Leafeon._Dont_at_me.png

I'll take this stone and avenge Gravel. You need to train your workers better!

41.png
42_Look_at_my_boy.png

He shall avenge...

Harry_Leafeon_Sad.PNG
I will.

43_RIP_Gravel.png

Rest in peace, Gravel. We may not have had you for long, but you were iconic. You were cool. We'll miss you, and... I'm sorry.

44_Gonna_put_Holly_on_and_see_what_she_can_do.png

Considering what Whismur has just proven itself capable of, I may just give Holly a shot.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...05004046992154644/Holly_Whismur_Sad.PNG[/img] I will not disappoint!

I don't think I like you.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/901258416088039464/901259682092568586/45.png[/COLOR]

IDK, some clown outside said to talk to you.

[COLOR=rgb(147, 101, 184)][IMG]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/901258416088039464/901259704985059349/46_Duh.png

Bruh, I spent my childhood in Hoenn. Yes, Fallabor town exists.

47.png

No, their names are Gabby and Ty, and they're quite obnoxious.

49_What_sort_of_question_is_this.png

I'd say Australia, but that's not an option, so... I come from No.

50_No_is_the_answer_apparently.png
51.png

What are you on?

52_Bitch_please.png

What do you think?

53.png

Aquamarine, stand down. I wanna see what the newcomer can do.

54_Damn_Holly_two_Uproars_and_its_down..png

Well, two Uproars and it's down, congrats.

Holly_Whismur_Angry.PNG
I told you so!

I think my opinion on you is getting worse.

55.png
57.png
58.png

An easy sweep.

59.png
60.png

You just straight out gave us all three. (Not pictured: Recieving Mudkip. I lost a few screenshots here, I really don't know why.) Remember my gifts clause? I can use them all. Some may not like that, but this game is hard and I'm playing this blind, just let me have my starters, dammit!

61_Damn_she_really_gave_us_all_three.png
62.png
63.png

Hank's okay. Hank was the first name that popped into my head when coming up with a name.

Hank_Treecko_Sad.PNG
Not the worst name, honestly.

64.png
65.png

Nugget is good, I like him a lot. (He must have had a standard moveset, that screencap's missing, too)

Nugget_Torchic_Angry.PNG
Nugget shall work for nuggets!

Please don't.

Nugget_Torchic_Happy.PNG
Vegan nuggets!

Okay, fair, those are pretty good if you can get the right brand.

66_You_too.png
67_Looks_like_Swampy_got_a_Hidden_Ability._Good_for_him.png

Lots of Rash ones today... Swampy also got his Hidden Ability, good for him! I happen to like Mudkips a lot, myself.

Swampy_Mudkip_Confused.PNG
It's nice to be liked.

Grinding time. Getting the whole team to 16 for obvious reasons.

68_Hell_yes.png

Mystery Dungeon boi.

Hank_Grovyle_Happy.PNG
I will steal your time gears.

69_Another_one.png

Good on you, Swampy!

Swampy_Marshtomp_Happy.PNG
Yay!

70_Now_we_are_ready.png

And finally... Royalty. My boy... You look great!

Royalty_Prinplup_Confused.PNG
I feel great, too. I feel like I can do things now!

71.png

Nice stats, bro.

Royalty_Prinplup_Sad.PNG
...Thanks.

73.png
74.png

Harry's a unit. He also learned Synthesis and Razor Leaf whilst grinding, which will be very good against Roark.

Harry_Leafeon_Angry.PNG
I am the revenge machine, after all.

Tone down the edge, Harry.

75.png
76.png

Patrick good.

Patrick_Staryu_Happy.PNG
*Happy Starfish Noises.*

77.png
78.png

Taught Swampy some coverage in Brick Break and Rock Tomb. Should be handy.

Swampy_Marshtomp_Shocked.PNG
I hope so!

79.png

(Hank's moveset is missing. If I remember correctly, it was pretty standard)

Hank_Grovyle_Confused.PNG
I'm up to standard!

81.png
82.png

I taught Aquamarine Brick Break as well for coverage, since her Attack stat isn't much worse than her Special Attack stat.

At least you're actually giving me a chance!

83.png

*Inhales* Let's do this.

84_Royalty_gained_a_level_fighting_Gym_trainers.png

Royalty also gained a level whilst fighting gym trainers. Rad.

85.png
86.png

Bring it on, bitch! I'm still mad about Gravel.

87.png

Nosepass are so annoying...

88_You_are_annoying._He_used_Thunderwave.png

...Because of that. Thunderwave. Hang on, Royalty!

Royalty_Prinplup_Sad.PNG
Moving is... Difficult, right now. I can beat him easily, though.

89_He_set_up_Stealth_Rocks_so_I.png

Nosepass opted for Stealth Rocks, so I stuck with Royalty. (Yes, Nosepass is down.) But why must he taunt me in this way?

Royalty_Prinplup_Angry.PNG
Plus you've got a 4x weakness to Water. What are you doing?

90_Oh_shit_it_had_Thunderpunch._We_switchin.png

HOLY SHIT HE HAD THUNDERPUNCH! Royalty, forget the rocks, we're switching!

Royalty_Prinplup_Shocked.PNG
I took out two, I'm satisfied with that.

91_OH_GOD_I_HATE_THIS_THING.png

Here comes the big guns... God I hate this thing. A known killer of vanilla Platinum runs, this thing. Harry is the only thing I have that's physically bulky enough to take a hit from this thing. Get him, Harry!

Harry_Leafeon_Happy.PNG
Will do!

92_GOOD_HARRY.png

You just outsped and one-shot Roark's ace. I didn't expect you to do that. GOOD HARRY!

Harry_Leafeon_Happy.PNG
I'm always on it, Boss!

93.png

This thing might be a little annoying, but it won't do too much damage, I think.

94_I_think_we_win.png

Yes, it was faster. Yes, he set up Sandstorm. But Sandstorm boosts Special Defense, and unless Roark has something that resists Grass, I think we win.

95_He_set_up_Sandstorm_but_that_buffs_Ground_types_Special_Defense_so_were_fine.png

Me want your Larvitar.

96_Oh_Shit_GUTS..png

It used Protect on the first turn and immediately burned itself with a Flame Orb. There's no way this thing doesn't have Guts. If it has a chance to hit, we may have a problem...

97_We_outspeed_and_one_shot_though.png

Of course, a Larvitar could never outspeed a Leafeon.

98_Face_it_you_lost.png

That's a Bonsly. Face it, you've already lost.

99_It_had_a_Rindo_Berry_What_a_jerk..png

Bitches and their fancy berries... We'll get him next time, Harry. (Was holding a Rindo Berry, which halves damage from super-effective Grass type moves. Where did he even get one of those?)

Harry_Leafeon_Confused.PNG
If that was half damage, there's no way he survives the next turn, right?

100_We_WON_With_no_deaths.png

We won! With no more deaths! Woo! Good job to Harry and Royalty!

Harry_Leafeon_Happy.PNG
It feels nice to win.

Can we get my paralysis cured, now?

101_I_was_scared_of_this_fight_but_then_Harry_one-shot_your_Cranidos_and_everything_was_fine.png

I'll admit, I was scared of this fight. But then Harry one-shotted your Cranidos and I knew everything would be okay.

102.png
103.png

6-0, too. I'd be embarassed, too.

105.png
106.png
107.png

These gifts do not compensate for the loss of Gravel, but kicking your ass made me feel a little better.

108_Not_bad_if_I_do_say_so_myself.png

Post Roark teamshot. Not so bad if I do say so myself.

109_Time_to_train_up_a_New_Team_for_Gardenia.png

Time to build up a new team for Gardenia! Don't mind Royalty, he's just supervising.

Royalty_Prinplup_Sad.PNG
Can't let the younger ones die.

Good sportsmanship, Royalty. He and the rest of the team I used against Roark had a conversation, we decided that, to avoid more casualties, we would not take unnecessary risks. So they're all going back into the box to stay safe, as most of them are weak to Grass or Poison.

110.png

Chess!

111_Holy_shit_look_at_his_Attack_stat.png

Oh god, look at his Attack stat. That's what I get for spending a few hours beating up Machop.

Chess_Fearow_Happy.JPG
I'm a strong boy now!

How is he still adorable I don't get it. (Artists' note: I'm proud of my capacity to make pretty much anything cute.)

113_Yay_hes_not_useless_anymore.png

Yay, he's not useless anymore!

Flutter_Mothim_Angry.PNG
Implying that I was useless to begin with! The audacity of this man.

114_Hes_got_Tinted_Lens._Hes_busted.png

He's got Tinted Lens. He's officially busted.

Flutter_Mothim_Confused.PNG
The irony.

115_Noice.png

Wish he'd learn a better Flying type move, though.

116.png
117_Good_Honse.png

Honse is doing well. Good Honse.

Honse_Ponyta_Confused.PNG
Yay for me, I guess?

118_NUGGET.png

Behold the mighty Nugget!

119.png

Nugget_Combusken_Happy.PNG
Hee hee, I'm strong!

121_OH_FUCK_A_SHINY.png

Whilst grinding Prudence, this occurred. It may be a little hard to tell, but that right there is a shiny. A SHINY!!!

122_YES.png

Threw balls until she got caught because I didn't want to risk anything. Oh, and also?

Renegade Platinum is known to have an increased shiny rate. I was aware of this. Not many people are aware that there's a secondary patch that comes with the game that reverts the shiny rate back to normal. That right there is a full-odds Shiny Phanpy. (Admittedly, Gen 8's shiny rate.)

123.png

Pru evolved too. Good for her.

Prudence_Pidgeotto_Happy.PNG
Yay!

125.png
126_Pickup_is_really_useful.png
127_Moveset_sucks_though.png

Much love for the Shiny Pickup Phanpy. I named her Lucky because that's what she is!

Lucky_Phanpy_Happy.PNG
Hello. Thank you.

Not a problem. Your moveset is utter garbage though.

Lucky_Phanpy_Shocked.PNG
What???

Flutter_Mothim_Sad.PNG
You get used to it.

129_Why_didnt_I_have_this_before.png
129.png

Pru has finished her training and got some nice moves out of it.

Yeeeee!

130_Now_we_can_move_on_from_grinding.png

Now, we can move on from grinding, with Steven taking Royalty's place. See y'all next time!
Steven_Beldum_Angry.PNG
Steven_Beldum_Happy.PNG
Steven_Beldum_Sad.PNG
Steven_Beldum_Confused.PNG
Steven_Beldum_Shocked.PNG
Harry_Leafeon_Sad.PNG
Harry_Leafeon_Angry.PNG
Harry_Leafeon_Happy.PNG
Harry_Leafeon_Confused.PNG
Harry_Leafeon_Shocked.PNG
Chess_Fearow_Happy.JPG
Chess_Fearow_Angry.JPG
Chess_Fearow_Confused.JPG
Chess_Fearow_Sad.JPG
Chess_Fearow_Shocked.JPG
Flutter_Mothim_Angry.PNG
Flutter_Mothim_Confused.PNG
Flutter_Mothim_Sad.PNG
Flutter_Mothim_Shocked.PNG
Flutter_Mothim_Happy.PNG
Royalty_Prinplup_Shocked.PNG
Royalty_Prinplup_Sad.PNG
Royalty_Prinplup_Confused.PNG
Royalty_Prinplup_Happy.PNG
Holly_Whismur_Angry.PNG
Holly_Whismur_Sad.PNG
Holly_Whismur_Confused.PNG
Holly_Whismur_Shocked.PNG
Holly_Whismur_Happy.PNG
Honse_Ponyta_Sad.PNG
Honse_Ponyta_Angry.PNG
Honse_Ponyta_Confused.PNG
Honse_Ponyta_Shocked.PNG
Honse_Ponyta_Happy.PNG
Lucky_Phanpy_Happy.PNG
Lucky_Phanpy_Shocked.PNG
Lucky_Phanpy_Angry.PNG
Lucky_Phanpy_Sad.PNG
Lucky_Phanpy_Confused.PNG
Hank_Treecko_Sad.PNG
Hank_Treecko_Happy.PNG
Hank_Treecko_Shocked.PNG
Hank_Treecko_Angry.PNG
Hank_Treecko_Confused.PNG

Hank_Grovyle_Confused.PNG
Hank_Grovyle_Happy.PNG
Hank_Grovyle_Shocked.PNG
Hank_Grovyle_Angry.PNG
Hank_Grovyle_Sad.PNG
Swampy_Mudkip_Confused.PNG
Swampy_Mudkip_Happy.PNG
Swampy_Mudkip_Sad.PNG
Swampy_Mudkip_Angry.PNG
Swampy_Mudkip_Shocked.PNG

Swampy_Marshtomp_Happy.PNG
Swampy_Marshtomp_Shocked.PNG
Swampy_Marshtomp_Confused.PNG
Swampy_Marshtomp_Sad.PNG
Swampy_Marshtomp_Angry.PNG
Nugget_Torchic_Happy.PNG
Nugget_Torchic_Angry.PNG
Nugget_Torchic_Sad.PNG
Nugget_Torchic_Shocked.PNG
Nugget_Torchic_Confused.PNG

Nugget_Combusken_Shocked.PNG
Nugget_Combusken_Confused.PNG
Nugget_Combusken_Sad.PNG
Nugget_Combusken_Angry.PNG
Prudence_Pidgeotto_Sad.PNG
Prudence_Pidgeotto_Angry.PNG
Prudence_Pidgeotto_Shocked.PNG
Prudence_Pidgeotto_Confused.PNG
IMG_1745.JPG

Last edited:

FPFP66

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 7, 2020
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
I wasn't alive when the original Ruby and Sapphire came out, despite Sapphire being my first Pokemon game... And I'm an adult.
Please tell me you were at least alive when FRLG came out in America.

Fav is Tyranitar, what did you expect?
👏🏼
No, their names are Gabby and Ty, and they're quite obnoxious.
No clap. Put some more respect on Gabby’s name. She’s trying to sniff out a good story by going to the same three places.
It's nice to be liked.
This is the meaning of life.
6-0, too. I'd be embarassed, too.
This is the meaning of being a New York Jets fan.
(Artists' note: I'm proud of my capacity to make pretty much anything cute.)
So you’ve been drawing the avatars? They’re awesome! I’m extremely impressed.

REDalchemist

S.P.D. Jack Landors
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
Whomst
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
There once was a man named Gold Roger, who was King of the Pirates. He had fame, power, and wealth beyond your wildest dreams.
I gotta say I'm actually impressed you've got the courage to use something like Burmy is a Drayano game with mons to spare. If it were me I'd have boxed it a while ago unless I was using notepad clause or something

pikafan96

That Little Yellow Rat
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 27, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Aw damn, I missed two updates. Ah well, I'm here now!
I love all the portraits so far by the way - I really like how you use different backgrounds depending on the emotion!

So, last we left off, we were about to go through Dawn's annoying mandatory catching tutorial. Except...

139_Oh.png
140.png

...That's not a mandatory catching tutorial. At least she only has one Pokemon.
Oh, Drayano turned Dawn/Lucas into actual trainers?
That's actually pretty neat.

Excuse me, did you just pay me 0 DOLLARS?!! GIVE ME MY MONEY!!! IT WAS NOT FUN, I WANT COMPENSATION!
... Never mind.
Dawn/Lucas continue to be an awful person.
148_Okay_this_is_worse.png
149.png

Aquamarine?

Yeah?

I take back every bad thing I've ever said about you.
Aw come on - give him a chance!
I used a Wormadam in an X nuzlocke ages ago and she was probably one of the best Pokemon on the team! Flutter might surprise you!

Okay, so I decided to use PKHex to check my savefile, just to try and understand why Flutter hits so hard, despite being a freaking BURMY! The answer? He has a perfect 31 IVs in Special Attack, his Hidden Power is Bug, thus having STAB, and it's also a whopping BASE 70 POWER! All I can say to that is; Sorry, Flutter, you can kill pretty much anything the early game can throw at you. I apologise for underestimating you.
See!?
He might not last forever but at least for right now he's going to destroy!

164_Oh_god_its_Looker.png

Oh, God, it's Looker, AKA the world's most useless detective that claims credit for other people's work. (Mainly the work of children.)
Couldn't have said it better myself!
DAMN YOU LOOKER :argh:

178_I_dont_need_one_either.png

I really don't need one, either. I think I can find my own way. I have never gotten lost before. Except in Lumoise City when I was a kid.
I feel that 😔
Lumiose City is a nightmare to navigate - I really enjoy the atmosphere though.

185.png
186.png

Welcome to the team, Patrick! (As a Spongebob fan, I had to.)

Patrick_Staryu_Happy.PNG
*Happy Staryu cry noises*

I guess they don't talk very much. They seem happy to be here, though.
Oh, pretty good catch! If I learned anything from Misty it's that Starmie are terrifying in battle.
Also I love the use of a speech bubble to display Patrick's emotion!

Harry_Eevee_Happy.PNG
Of course, Boss!
I love you... so damn much.

That Munchlax was a pain in the ass, but everything else was okay, I think.
That is and always has been a pain in the ass - even in vanilla Platinum.
Watch yourself.

215_Another_bird.png

Route encounter is... Another bird for the Bird Squad!

Chess_Spearow_Happy.JPG
Yay, Bird Squad!

...He's adorable.
Ah, I love Chess' portrait!
I think his are my favorite so far!

Gravel_Confused.PNG
Okay? I'll be
awesome.

That's a lot of confidence you got there.

Gravel_Happy.PNG
I earned it.
Oh! The sunglasses are a fun design decision.
They work really well on Geodude!

229.png
230.png
231.png

And the Nature curse continues.
😬
Does Drayano hate Geodude specifically?
Uh... it's been nice knowing you Gravel - at least your portraits were cool.

7_Kek_I_found_Steven.png

Was wandering around Oreburgh and I found Steven. Oh, Steven Stone my beloved...
Oh shit; Drayano added Steven into the game? Awesome.
Every game should have Steven - he's very pretty.

9_Fuck_yeah_Ill_take_a_pseudo.png

...I was not expecting this! Fuck yeah, I'll take my second favourite Pseudo! (Fav is Tyranitar, what did you expect?)
👀
I'm sorry... does Drayano give you a free Beldum before the first Gym? That's... incredibly lucky...
No I'm not jealous at all; why would you think that???

14.png
15.png
17_Look_at_them._Theyre_so_stronk._I_will_treasure_them.png

They got a moveset buff! They're so strong! And I of course named them Steven after the delightful human who gifted them to me.
AND IT GOT A BUFF!?!?
*sigh*
Congratulations man; Steven's gonna be a killer.

21.png
22_Oh_the_Irony._No_wonder_she_hits_so_hard_with_Uproar_though.png
23.png

Her Nature is so ironic.
Aw, quiet Whismur.
That's actually kind of cute.

26_I_actually_didnt_want_you.png

...I wanted a Machop.
I was actually in the exact opposite situation as you when I did my Platinum run.
I wanted a Ponyta and got a Machop instead.

32_Fuck._First_death._Can_we_get_an_F_for_Gravel.png

Wait, no, this wasn't supposed to happen! NO, GRAVEL!

Gravel_Shocked.PNG
I'm sliding into a dark place... At least... I'm cool, right? Tell me I was cool!

You were the coolest Geodude I ever met...
NO!!!
Ah man, first death... poor Gravel.
Rest in peace you cool little lady 😔

I was fighting a trainer, and he had a Whismur. I figured, easy levels for Gravel, right? She's a Rock Type, Normal types can't do shit!
... I forgot about Gravel's horrendous Special Defense. It only took two Uproars to take her out. There was nothing else I could switch in safely. I'm sorry that I'm stupid, Gravel.
RIP Gravel, Lv 8-8.
Don't beat yourself up over it, things like this happen - I hate to say it but at least it wasn't one of your better 'mons.
She went out fighting 😟

41.png
42_Look_at_my_boy.png

He shall avenge...

Harry_Leafeon_Sad.PNG
I will.
Leafeon time boys!!!
Shame it came so soon after a tragedy...

59.png
60.png

You just straight out gave us all three. (Not pictured: Recieving Mudkip. I lost a few screenshots here, I really don't know why.) Remember my gifts clause? I can use them all. Some may not like that, but this game is hard and I'm playing this blind, just let me have my starters, dammit!
Okay. The free Eevee I could look past, and I was willing to ignore the Beldum - BUT ALL THREE HOENN STARTERS!? SERIOUSLY DRAYANO!?
Does he have some sort of bias towards Sinnoh, did he just decide he hates me specifically!?
*sigh again*

I'm happy for you, but I would have killed for a Mudkip in Blaze Black.

WOO-HOO!
Flawless Roark victory! Congratulations!

111_Holy_shit_look_at_his_Attack_stat.png

Oh god, look at his Attack stat. That's what I get for spending a few hours beating up Machop.

Chess_Fearow_Happy.JPG
I'm a strong boy now!

How is he still adorable I don't get it. (Artists' note: I'm proud of my capacity to make pretty much anything cute.)
Aw, he is still adorable!
I think Chess' portraits are still my favorite.
(And I agree, all of your drawings are very cute!)

121_OH_FUCK_A_SHINY.png

Whilst grinding Prudence, this occurred. It may be a little hard to tell, but that right there is a shiny. A SHINY!!!
Oh, I didn't even notice she was a shiny at first.
Either way, talk about luck! That's awesome!

And I love that you gave Gravel a memorial picture.
Are you gonna do one for each Pokemon that dies?

Kit_The_Feef

Artist
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Please tell me you were at least alive when FRLG came out in America.

👏🏼

No clap. Put some more respect on Gabby’s name. She’s trying to sniff out a good story by going to the same three places.

This is the meaning of life.

This is the meaning of being a New York Jets fan.

So you’ve been drawing the avatars? They’re awesome! I’m extremely impressed.
Of course I was, I wouldn't be an adult if I wasn't.
My main Nuzlocke comic features a Larvitar starter. Of course Tyranitar is my favourite.
With a Loudred and a Magneton. Not the most convincing motivators for an interview.
It is nice to be liked. I hope I'm likable.
I don't follow American sports, or sports of any description, so I'm going to assume they suck.
I have been drawing them, yes. They're painful to do and they take ages. I still haven't fixed them all yet as of writing this. But I'm getting there.
Aw damn, I missed two updates. Ah well, I'm here now!
I love all the portraits so far by the way - I really like how you use different backgrounds depending on the emotion!

Oh, Drayano turned Dawn/Lucas into actual trainers?
That's actually pretty neat.

... Never mind.
Dawn/Lucas continue to be an awful person.

Aw come on - give him a chance!
I used a Wormadam in an X nuzlocke ages ago and she was probably one of the best Pokemon on the team! Flutter might surprise you!

See!?
He might not last forever but at least for right now he's going to destroy!

Couldn't have said it better myself!
DAMN YOU LOOKER :argh:

I feel that 😔
Lumiose City is a nightmare to navigate - I really enjoy the atmosphere though.

Oh, pretty good catch! If I learned anything from Misty it's that Starmie are terrifying in battle.
Also I love the use of a speech bubble to display Patrick's emotion!

I love you... so damn much.

That is and always has been a pain in the ass - even in vanilla Platinum.
Watch yourself.

Ah, I love Chess' portrait!
I think his are my favorite so far!

Oh! The sunglasses are a fun design decision.
They work really well on Geodude!

😬
Does Drayano hate Geodude specifically?
Uh... it's been nice knowing you Gravel - at least your portraits were cool.

Oh shit; Drayano added Steven into the game? Awesome.
Every game should have Steven - he's very pretty.

👀
I'm sorry... does Drayano give you a free Beldum before the first Gym? That's... incredibly lucky...
No I'm not jealous at all; why would you think that???

AND IT GOT A BUFF!?!?
*sigh*
Congratulations man; Steven's gonna be a killer.

Aw, quiet Whismur.
That's actually kind of cute.

I was actually in the exact opposite situation as you when I did my Platinum run.
I wanted a Ponyta and got a Machop instead.

NO!!!
Ah man, first death... poor Gravel.
Rest in peace you cool little lady 😔

Don't beat yourself up over it, things like this happen - I hate to say it but at least it wasn't one of your better 'mons.
She went out fighting 😟

Leafeon time boys!!!
Shame it came so soon after a tragedy...

Okay. The free Eevee I could look past, and I was willing to ignore the Beldum - BUT ALL THREE HOENN STARTERS!? SERIOUSLY DRAYANO!?
Does he have some sort of bias towards Sinnoh, did he just decide he hates me specifically!?
*sigh again*

I'm happy for you, but I would have killed for a Mudkip in Blaze Black.

WOO-HOO!
Flawless Roark victory! Congratulations!

Aw, he is still adorable!
I think Chess' portraits are still my favorite.
(And I agree, all of your drawings are very cute!)

Oh, I didn't even notice she was a shiny at first.
Either way, talk about luck! That's awesome!

And I love that you gave Gravel a memorial picture.
Are you gonna do one for each Pokemon that dies?
Dawn should have paid me.

Don't worry about Flutter. You're talking to a certfied Bug enthusiast. I only say mean things about him for the sake of commentary. Considering your MVP was a Furret of all things, I know that even the "useless" Pokemon can put work in if only you give them a chance. Also, I once solo'd Falkner with a Beautifly. The power of Bugs cannot be silenced!

I hope Flutter lasts a while. I would be devastated if he died...

I'm aware of your hatred for Looker. It's completely understandable.

You play through Y a few times, you eventually figure out the city's layout. The little icon at the top helps. However, I still can't find my way around Centrico Plaza. What even is that?

I'll admit that I was really stuck on what to do with Patrick. They don't have a face, after all. So I felt like the emoticon bubbles were the best way to go. Starmie is excellent. I wish it learned moves, though. I'll have to wait until 31 for Psychic.

I love Harry too. That's why I left him in the safety of the box. Don't want Gardenia's Roserade to kill him...

Does he have the Munchlax at this point in vanilla Platinum though? I thought he just had the starter and Starly.

Chess' portraits were some of my favourite, too. I like using Spearow, even if they're frail as hell.

The sunglasses made her very expressive. I liked drawing them. They also made her portraits really funny to look at.

Did you make that comment before or after you realised she died? Because, damn, how did I not see that coming?

I'm glad we agree that the pretty boy should make his prescence well known everywhere. Doesn't he sell the player a villa at the Battle Frontier? I feel like I heard that that was a thing somewhere.

It's okay to be jealous of Steven. They're a pseudo, after all.

Steven shall destroy their enemies... If they make it to Metagross, that is. (Though later, there is something really stupid and ironic that I do that involves them. Not in this update, though...)

Holly's a bit nasty, though. Maybe it's all the anti-Whismur bias, though.

But the thing with Machop is that it's great against Roark. Ponyta, not so much. That being said, I don't regret catching Honse.

She was a cool little lady. I seriously wasn't expecting to have a death before I'd even gotten to the first gym.

I still feel like I could have avoided her death if I'd sent out something with higher Special Defense, like Aquamarine.

Harry the avenger. The Leafeon. The best boi. It fits with his Brave Nature.

I'll be honest, I did not expect to just be outright given all three starters. In Sacred Gold, there's a similar NPC, but they only let you pick one starter rather than have all three. I'm not complaining though. I like the Hoenn starters an awful lot and it's always the hardest starter pick for me.

Good on Royalty and Harry! The rest of the team did... Basically nothing.

The trick to keeping Chess' cuteness was to make his neck a lot thicker. He looks a lot softer that way, so he's still cute, yes. I'm proud to have a cute artstyle! It helps everyone get more attached...

Yeah, Shiny Phanpy looks basically the same. She's a slightly lighter shade of blue. Shiny Donphan is noticably different, though, being orange.

Yes, every death gets a memorial picture. I've played about two updates further and... There will unfortunately be more. Not telling who's next, that would spoil, but in a hack this hard, there's bound to be more deaths.

Kit_The_Feef

Artist
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
I gotta say I'm actually impressed you've got the courage to use something like Burmy is a Drayano game with mons to spare. If it were me I'd have boxed it a while ago unless I was using notepad clause or something
I don't know how I missed replying to this one. And, yes, I'm using the Mothim, because I like moths. That's basically the only reason. Oh, and his Special Attack is really good. I might do a Notepad run one of these days...
I'm so sorry that this was so delayed... Life got in the way. I might also change the update day on this to Wednesdays. Saturday is just too close to my comic release dates.
1_What_now.png
2_He_said_nothing_of_value_and_ran_away.png

He said nothing of value and then ran away.

3_Found_Shroomish.png
4.png

Found a random Shroomish, I'm sorry buddy, but I don't have an Oran Berry.

5_What_does_this_have_to_do_with_anything.png
6.png

I fail to see how this is relevant.

7_So_the_face_stealing_Spiritomb_is_gone..png

So... The Spiritomb's gone?

8.png
9_You_mean_the_Galactic_grunts_that_you_chose_to_ignore_that_are_harassing_the_prof.png

Such as the Galactic goons harrassing the Professor a few steps behind you?

10_What_the_fuck_Looker.png

What the fuck, Looker?

11.png
12.png

Do you really have nothing better to do than harass and old man and a little girl?

13_I_love_how_Rowan_refuses_to_give_a_shit.png
14.png

Professor Rowan: 0 shits given. I love him.

15.png
16_Your_work_involves_harassing_old_men_and_small_children.png

Your work involves harassing a 64 year old man and a twelve year old girl?

17.png

"We demand that you comply with our demands" Are you aware how stupid you sound?

18.png
19.png

School these fools, old man!

20_You_tell_em_Rowan.png
21.png
22.png

23.png
24_And_of_course_he_makes_fun_of_their_outfits._Legend.png

And he even insults their outfits! What a legendary professor. No-one else comes remotely close.

25.png

...I feel a little called-out here.

26_I_promise_you_Im_not.png

I am grown-up, but I have far better manners than these fools. Don't you worry about me!

27_Maybe_you_shouldnt_have_attacked_a_defenseless_old_man.png

Maybe y'all shouldn't have attacked a defenseless old man and his assistant?

28.png

"You have forced our hand into making a show of force" Does it get any worse than this?

29_Nah.png

No, I don't think I will.

30_I_DONT_NEED_HELP.png

I DON'T NEED YOUR HELP, DAWN!!!

31_Did_we_over_do_it.png

Pru, did we over-do it?

Perhaps a little...

32_Fuck_Fake_Out._Then_the_Stunky_also_used_Bite.png

Fuck Fake Out. Then the Stunky also targeted Pru, what jerks.

Prudence_Pidgeotto_Angry.PNG
I hate flinching.

33_That_was_a_single_Air_Cutter._We_good.png

That was one Air Cutter. We're doing good, Pru! (Also, Dawn put the Glameow to sleep. Pointless.)

These'll go down next turn, won't they?

34_Good_Pru.png

Yep.

35_These_literally_wont_survive_a_single_turn.png

This is just sad. These won't survive a single turn.

36_Got_a_crit_too_totally_overkill.png

Got a crit, too. Totally overkill and unneccessary.

Bird strength is remarkable, isn't it?

37.png

Mmm, beating up criminals for monetary gain...

38.png
39.png

"Benevolent" my ass.

40_Yes_I_did_know_that.png
41_Shocker.png

Amazing.

42_Who_the_fuck.png

Who the fuck-

43_leave_me_alone.png
44_I_will_never_use_this.png

...I will never use this. Ever.

45_Ey_Galatic_are_gone.png

Hey, those idiots blocking the path are gone!

Ha! Now we can beat up more trainers, right?

46_NO_Fuck_Charge_Beam.png

...I wish they hadn't left.

47_I_cant_believe_these_children_killed_Nugget..png

Fuck Charge Beam, fuck Plus, fuck Plusle! These children just killed Nugget! My precious!

I hate Charge Beam when I'm not the one using it. And of course, the actual lead of my party was Prudence, so I had to switch her out. This caused the Plusle to have a free Charge Beam on Nugget, and of course it got the Special Attack boost. There was nothing I could do. Nothing would have been able to survive a Plus boosted, +1Sp Att Charge beam. I hoped that Nugget could take out the Plusle second turn, and he was so close. If he'd gotten a slightly higher damage roll, he'd still be alive. RNG really hates me. It may have also been a crit. The only good thing that happened in this fight was Steven gaining a revenge level out of killing the Minun. Why did I let half my team be weak to Electric? All I can say is, never underestimate random NPCs in this hack. Now, none of you got to see much of Nugget, but I did. This death actually hit me really hard. Especially considering the next boss fight that I really needed him for. Mars' Purugly is scary as hell, even in vanilla. I'll admit I was tempted to turn off the game and not play again when this happened. But the run's not over yet, even if I did just lose a 'Mon that was really precious to me.

48_This_was_an_empty_victory._Fuck_Minun_and_Plusle.png

I don't want your charity! I want my precious Nugget back! Money can't bring back the dead!

Prudence_Pidgeotto_Sad.PNG
Please calm down! I know you're upset, but it's not these kids' fault! It's mine, I shouldn't have left Nugget vulnerable like that.

No, Pru, it's not your fault. It's mine. I'm the trainer. I fucked up. I'm so sorry, Nugget.

49_I_have_no_idea_what_Im_going_to_do_without_him..png

I hope, wherever you are, there's vegan nuggets for you to snack on forever.

50_Guess_I_could_get_a_few_new_mons..._But_nothing_fills_the_void_left_by_Nugget.png

I'm not exactly in the mood. I miss Nugget. Nothing can fill the void he left. But I do need another Fire Type. And I'm assuming the reward is starters.

51_Yes.png

No, it's in Kanto.

52.png

Nope, that's the Zephyr Badge.

53.png

No, apparently. I'm guessing that y'all have the Johto starters, then, since that's three questions about Johto in a row.

54.png
55.png

I have a feeling that this isn't a very fulfilling career, is it?

56.png
57.png

Clean sweep with Prudence. What else? Sighs. Gimme the Johto starters.

58.png
59.png
60.png

Let's look at them.

61.png
62.png
63.png

In this hack Meganium is a Fairy type, and has decent Special Attack. Cherri will be useful later, just not in the immediate future. (Also, if anyone can guess where I got Cherri's name from, I'll be incredibly surprised, it's kinda obscure. I will say it has something to do with an emo band.)

Cherri_Chikorita_Shocked.PNG
You would actually be willing to use me in the future?

Yes, Fairies are always good, though your double weakness to Poison means you're sitting out of this one.

64.png
65.png
66.png

Here's the Fire Type. Sighs. He's not the same.

67.png
68.png
69.png

Feraligatr is a Dark type in this game. I'm assuming Fantina is third intead of fifth in Platinum? Rex will get some use soon.

Rex_Totodile_Happy.PNG
Aye, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintence!

70.png

Well, Hephaestus, welcome to the team...

Hephaestus_Cyndaquil_Confused.PNG
Why's our trainer so down? What happened?

Flutter_Mothim_Sad.PNG
Now's maybe not the best time, kid. We kinda just lost an important team member... Who was also a Fire Type.

Hephaestus_Cyndaquil_Sad.PNG
Oh... I'm sorry for your loss...

I'm sorry, Hep. I'd usually be a warmer welcome than this... But... I'm kinda devastated.

71.png

...Later kid. I don't exactly want another death so close to the one I just had.

72.png

The Galactics have been moved, guess I can nab an encounter here.

73_Still_in_a_bad_mood_but..._Mareep.png
74.png

I'm still not in the greatest mood, but I really like Mareep, so catching one does brighten my day slightly.

75.png
76.png

Of course you are.

77.png
78.png
79_Shell_have_use_later.png

...Welcome, Belle.

Belle_Mareep_Happy.PNG
Hi! It's so nice to have a Trainer! What's got you so down?

I just lost a 'Mon that was very important to me.

Belle_Mareep_Confused.PNG
Would they have wanted you to keep moping around forever?

No, Nugget would have wanted me to continue... But I can't do that just yet. I need time...

Belle_Mareep_Angry.PNG
Well, maybe, you should keep going, anyway. Would you want their death to be in vain?

No...

Belle_Mareep_Sad.PNG
I'm sorry, that was insensitive of me to say-

No, you're right, Belle. I gotta keep at it. I should probably help out that little girl...

Belle_Mareep_Happy.PNG
That's the spirit!

I love the electric sheep.

80.png

I can get another catch here...

81.png
82_Why_did_you_take_nearly_20_Pokeballs_to_catch.png

WHY DID YOU TAKE NEARLY 20 POKEBALLS TO CATCH?!!

Buzz_Elekid_Shocked.PNG

Flutter_Mothim_Angry.PNG
Don't be so harsh on the kid. Just because you're in a bad mood doesn't mean you have to take it out on innocent 'Mons.

..You're right, Flutter.

83.png
84.png
85.png

I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot, welcome to the team, Buzz.

Buzz_Elekid_Sad.PNG
You're not mad at me?

Not really... I've just had a rough day, buddy. I'm sorry.

Buzz_Elekid_Happy.PNG
Well, I'm willing to look past that. I'll be ready should you need me.

...Thanks, Buzz.

86.png

I kinda have to, to continue the plot of the game.

87.png

Fine.

88.png

Show us what you're made of, Hep!

Hephaestus_Cyndaquil_Angry.PNG
Fire and Brimstone.

89_Wow.png
90_Second_Ember_didnt_hit_as_hard_fucker_went_for_bite.png

Argh! Why didn't the second Ember kill? And why did it change tactics from Faint Attack to Bite?

91_heh_priority_move_go_brrr.png

Heh, priority move go brrrrrrrrrr.