• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Written Story Sinnoh Written Log Teen Mon Of Pokemon and Pirates III: The Cold Winds of Destiny

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
The epic conclusion to the 'Of Pokemon and Pirates' trilogy. Game - Platinum.

King Smorgascake

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 3, 2021
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
I'm back, and ready to tackle one of the hardest main series games to Nuzlocke - Pokemon Platinum. I'm also tying in a story to my 'Of Pokemon and Pirates' series that started with SoulSilver and Emerald, with lead character from the first entry, King Smorgascake, returning as the main and Blue Avery, who featured in Blue's role in the first game and was the main character in the second, returning as the Rival character this time (because I don't like Barry and wanted to do something different with the Rival character without once again resorting to making them trained assassins).

Links to the previous two runs are in my signature if anyone's interested. Or better, there's a 'background' passage below that gives some indication as to what went down.

Had it really been nine years? November 1999. That fateful day atop Mt. Silver, an epic showdown with the great pirate lord William 'Red' Avery, a dying companion tackling the tyrant off the summit to their doom in a final act of sacrifice. It all felt like yesterday, and yet also so long ago to the victor that day. His name? There are few who know. But all call him King Smorgascake, or Smorgas for short; the code name he had in his quest to rid the lands of Johto and Kanto of the Libetalian pirate lords. Champion of both lands, and unable to be defeated by any challengers, he has overseen a domain transformed from ruin to prosperity.

There had much to accomplish during those early years. A rebellion in the Sevii Islands caused by Red's brother Edward 'Blue' Avery that lasted from 2002-2004 not least among them, in which Blue was left for dead only to later survive. But since then, Kanto, Johto, and the Sevii Islands have known peace.

Smorgas' thoughts had begun to turn to other regions. The threat of Libertalia still loomed large in the region of Sinnoh to the north. Cynthia, youngest of the Avery siblings, had been Champion of the region since 1997. Blue was also still alive; until recently* imprisoned in Hoenn since a failed attempt to become Champion of the southern region in 2005, but Smorgas remembered hearing how close his nemesis had been - he had come to within one pokemon of defeating reigning Champion Wallace. Blue's Dusclops quickly became his last pokemon standing, but it had single-handedly taken down four of Wallace's pokemon before finally falling to Wallace's ace Milotic, and not without a fight. One pokemon. The difference between Hoenn also becoming a Libertalian foe** was one pokemon. Too close, but Hoenn was recovering from Blue's rampage.

But when was the right time? He mulled it over, until nine years to the day he defeated Red, a letter arrived from Cynthia.

'Dear King Smorgascake,

Nine years have passed since my brother died at your hands. In all the time that has passed, I have never been able to forgive you. If you wish to save the regions of Kanto and Johto from a Libertalian invasion, you must publicly resign your post as Champion with immediate effect. Then, when the time comes for us to settle our score, I and I alone will find you.

If you choose not to heed my warning, just remember...Sinnoh is powerful. I have the stronger Elite Four, stronger Gym Leaders, and better average trainers. You know this. Could you defeat an invasive force with numbers? And if so, at what cost?

I will be tuning into Kanto Live with increased interest.

Coldest Regards,

Cynthia Avery'

Cynthia was exaggerating her chances of winning, Smorgas knew this. But he knew that victory would come at too great a cost. And deep down, he knew what to do. He remembered his method of becoming Champion of Kanto and Johto - start small, conquer piece by piece. He could do the same in Sinnoh, eventually reaching Cynthia. He knew that Libertalian rule still wasn't fully accepted there, and a friend of Professor Oak's, Professor Rowan, would certainly help.

And so, King Smorgascake publicly announced his resignation as Champion the following day. His long-time ally Lance would take over, and his precious pokemon would be left in the care of the good Professor Oak. By the next day, he was in Twinleaf Town, a small hamlet in Sinnoh, ready to begin his new adventure. Despite everything, he was excited by the task at hand. This was what he does best. But was this also what Cynthia had planned for him all along?

*Blue had escaped from Hoenn prison in recent weeks. His current whereabouts are unknown and he remains at large.

**Blue actually had no intentions of claiming Hoenn for Libertalia and was acting independently, having felt abandoned by his nation and harbouring strong dislike for his sister. King Smorgascake did not know any of this, but most likely would not have believed it.

King Smorgascake/'Smorgas' - Mysterious protagonist who embarked on a months-long quest to become Champion of Johto and Kanto, culminating in his defeat of Champion and Libertalian leader William 'Red' Avery in November 1999. Having been forced to resign his post, he now seeks his one remaining enemy - Cynthia Avery.

Cynthia Avery - Younger sister of Red and Blue, who chose to conquer Sinnoh to the north. An intelligent schemer and very powerful trainer, she wishes revenge on King Smorgascake cake for Red's death at the end of their climatic showdown atop Mt. Silver. But with Sinnoh's vast landscape proving difficult to manage, and the bonkers Team Galactic causing as much trouble as possible, Cynthia has been left starved for the justice she feels she deserves.

Edward 'Blue' Avery - Eldest of the Avery siblings, but he and Cynthia share a very strong mutual dislike of each other. He briefly became Champion for an hour or two in 1996, before immediately being defeated by his younger brother Red, but remained a begrudging ally to Red. He ran Viridian Gym, toughest in all of Kanto and Johto, for three years, before losing to Smorgas and divulging his brother's location. He escaped prison in 2002, caused a two-year revolt in the Sevii Islands before reaching Hoenn, where he came agonisingly close to becoming Champion only to suffer defeat and find himself in prison again. Having again found the guile to escape, he is once again at large. Sporting funky new dyed-blonde hair, he heads to Sinnoh to face off against Cynthia, not knowing that his former nemesis has exactly the same idea.

Professor Rowan - Regional Pokemon Professor of Sinnoh. Is friends with Professors Oak and Elm. While he does not dislike Cynthia, he strongly believes that Sinnoh needs to return to the way it was before Libertalian rule.

Dawn - Professor Rowan's sidekick.

Cyrus - Leader of Team Galactic, who wishes to conquer space. Likes technology, big spiked buildings, silly uniforms and making big speeches. Dislikes people, pokemon, the planet and fun. Secretly plans to destroy space and time, but is probably just taking some serious narcotics.

Mars, Jupiter, Saturn - Cyrus' devoted commanders. Like to use illegal pokemon.

Lucian, Flint, Bertha, Aaron - The Elite Four and some of Cynthia's most devoted followers.

1. If a pokemon dies in battle (including wild encounters), they are permanently dead and must be boxed or released.

2. The first pokemon encountered on each route/location is the only that can be captured. Does not apply to gift pokemon obtained within the same area, unless they come from the same source (e.g. Game Corner prizemons).

3. All pokemon must be nicknamed. The world must witness my terrible lack of creativity when it comes to nicknaming.

4. Dupes clause. This is prevent getting screwed over by having multiple of the same pokemon.

5. Mandatory double battle clause. If a potential double battle is ahead, then the player must ensure that it is fought as a double battle as opposed to challenging the two trainers separately in single battles. This is to ensure maximum challenge. The only exception is if the player moves into the viewpoint of the two NPCs, but one of them looks away at the same time, as this is unintentional on the player's part.

6. Catch rules do not apply to shiny pokemon, which may be caught at any time if encountered and used if the player so chooses.

7. No using the Day Care.

OP
K

King Smorgascake

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 3, 2021
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
The journey to Sinnoh was a pleasant and easy one. Owing to having no pokemon, I was able to pass customs (if that is what you would call it...pirates are not so savvy when it comes to such things) without a second glance! But that was the easy part, the toughest lies yet ahead.

Cynthia...you will be most displeased to know that your desire for vengeance will only be met by death. I should have dealt with you and your gang of boat-washers too long ago.

At Rowan's suggestion, I spent the first week here at a lodge in a fine little hamlet called Twinleaf Town. I admit to being more accustomed to the glitz and glamour of the urban lifestyle, but the countryside has appealed to me ever more over the past nine years. Damn it all, I must be getting old.
Yet, my new epic quest was off to quite the rotten start. For it all began on one cold late-Autumn morning, as the first snows of winter brushed the land, when I was relaxing in my bed only to be startled by a character barging into my room, exclaiming 'arrr, this ain't me fuckin' lodge!' Ludicrous new tuft of dyed blonde hair aside, I recognised this most unwelcome figure from my past as none other than Edward 'Blue' Avery. No pokemon, no problem, I chased the bastard out of my room all the way to Route 201. And this is where I really became rather pissed off.

Blue attempted to escape into the grass, but was stopped by Professor Rowan, returning from some excursion to Lake Valor. It transpired that he had invited Blue to Sinnoh, alongside me, and proceeded to explain exactly what had happened in Sinnoh. Blue had already abandoned Libertalia by then, had still be now, and his one remaining mission in life was to defeat his hated sister, Cynthia.

'That's my job', I exclaimed, but Rowan explained the benefits of two proven powerful trainers aiming for the same goal. Frienemies? With BLUE?!?! Nevertheless, the old man proved true to his word and gave me my first Sinnoh pokemon. He failed to trouble to explain what three pokmon were in his briefcase, so I picked one at random and it turned out to be the Grass-type. Brilliant...a bad day just got worse! First, a long-standing enemy is apparently now some form of ally, and next I have the rotten luck to miss out on an arse-kicking Fire or Water pokemon and get the Grass-type instead! This Turtwig had better be the best Grass-type ever...not that the bar is set high! Ugh...

After the Professor's sidekick, Dawn, introduced herself to us, she and the Professor trotted off to Sandgem Town, leaving myself and Blue just standing there like piccaninnies. Our eyes met, and we knew what had to happen. Battle time. He might have had the cool-looking fire monkey, but my little Grass-type actually won. Maybe it really isn't so bad, or maybe Blue still has no hope of defeating me, ever. I care not. Time to mosey on back to the lodge; this morning has lasted ten minutes and I've already had enough.

The next day, I put on my new pair of running trainers, checked out of the lodge and got ready to set off. There isn't a Poke Mart in Twinleaf Town, so Sandgem it is. I arrived there fine, the little Turtwig is proving a sturdy chap for a Grass-type, indeed. Professor Rowan decided to give me a Sinnoh Poke Dex, which could be useful, although he had already given one to Blue. He also suggested nicknaming my Despite becoming Champion of both Johto and Kanto, and defeating one of the most powerful trainers known to walk the Earth, Dawn just INSISTED on telling me what a PokeCentre and Poke Mart are. I really am beginning to dislike her.

I picked up some Poke Balls from the Mart and caught a pair of Starly, maintaining my rule of one pokemon per route or area. One I caught on Route 201, another in Lake Valor. With little else to do around these parts but admire the scenary, I decided to head north to the nearest city, Jubilife. Plenty to do there, I'm sure. Dawn turned up again on Route 202 and insisted on showing me how to catch pokemon even though, I said, I've already caught two here and over a hundred in my lifetime. Stay here in Sandgem with daddy and the Professor, girl.

I managed to defeat three trainers on the way, too. Now I will admit, this region already feels tougher than Kanto or Johto. Something about these northerners, maybe. Not that Mondo or Percy (the Starly I decided to use) were ever in great danger, but I just have a feeling this is going to push me all the way.

But as I arrived in Jubilife, impressed by the neon lights as I was, I knew this journey was going all the way.

Wait no, not journey. 'Epic quest.'

~ King Smorgascake, November 2008.

The team - Mondo the Turtwig, Percy the Starly, McSlave the Bidoof.

Deaths - None

OP
K

King Smorgascake

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 3, 2021
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
I arrived in Jubilife only to be greeted once more by Dawn. She insisted on showing me the Trainers' School, even though I...well, everyone already knows. Arceus help this kid if she still keeps insisting on basic trainer lessons by the time my pokemon learn actual good moves.

After wandering around Jubilife, meeting a detective codenamed Looker and receiving a rather excellent little gadget called a Poketch (like a modern mobile phone, but worn as a watch) and exploring north (I caught little of note), I ventured to the eastern route. There was Blue, running up and blurting nonsense like some sort of dyed-blonde Captain Jack Sparrow on speed. He wanted to battle, and was promptly taught a lesson by Mondo and Percy. Hmph.

A little more training and into Oreburgh Gate we went. I caught a Psyduck there, and for no reason other than finding Psyduck fiendishly cute, I added it to my, naming it Fuckaduck. I admit, in the nine years since my last epic quest, my attempts to bestow worthy names upon pokemon have failed to improve. That aside, a kind Hiker gave me the HM for Rock Smash. Handy.

Oreburgh is in interesting city. To put it bluntly, I wouldn't want to live here. I'd imagine this was what Welsh towns looked like in the Victorian era. Bleak, dusty etc. Blue was loitering about, and mentioned that the Gym Leader had buggered off down the nearby mine. A mine? I'm not going there, I'll go north instead.

North I went, but I needed a bike to go up the slope. And the only bike shop is actually north from here. Convenient. I caught a Ponyta, and as I like a big team, it was welcomed aboard. I was going to call it Shadowfax, but this isn't Middle Earth. Nevertheless, this thing is so fast that it reminds me of days of yore, driving fast cars around the streets of Celadon City. So I named him...Horsepower.

Back to Oreburgh. Still no sign of Roark. Great. Down the mine we go. I battled a couple of miners, because apparently it's completely safe to have pokemon battles in a mine. One certainly would not expect the ceiling to collapse at any moment due to all the rough and tumble. Yes, this is a sarcastic paragraph.

Roark was there, he said he'll go back to the Gym. I think he could clearly see that I was not in a particularly good mood about having to traipse into a mine like some rowdy COMMONER. I am a King, damn it!

So, time for my first Sinnoh Gym experience. Easy Gym trainers, as usual, but they helped Fuckaduck get a couple of level-ups. Not that Fuckaduck was my first choice for Roark, but my second incase this rumoured revived dinosaur of his got past Mondo.

In the end, Roark was a clean sweep for little Mondo. Geodude and Onix...hahaha! Do Rock trainers ever learn? I think Brock's still using one of them, even now. Speaking of Brock, he would appreciate Roark's ace, because I certainly did. He sent out a headbutting dinosaur called Cranidos. An my word did I want one of THOSE! It went down after two Razor Leafs, a move that Mondo conveniently learned by level up after dishing the Onix some punishment. But still, how...COOL!

With rumours that discontent with Libertalia is rife in Sinnoh, I decided to give Roark the chance - surrender and swear loyalty, or die. I hadn't even begun to explain how I'd make it quick before he jumped at the chance to live. 'I'm your man', says he and gave me a Stealth Rock TM. Good, as there were a few Gym Leaders in both Johto and Kanto who refused to surrender back then, and I was never too keen on what followed.

Roark explained that I can now use Rock Smash, which should get me through Rugged Path or whatever it's called. Heh. This is causing me to feel all nostalgic over the beginning of my previous quest, in Johto all those years ago, only going where HMs could take me, until I came across the next Gym.

~ King Smorgascake, November 2008

The team - Mondo the Turtwig, Percy the Starly, Fuckaduck the Psyduck, Horsepower the Ponyta

OP
K

King Smorgascake

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 3, 2021
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
I returned to Jubilife and made my way to the north of the city, where Professor Rowan and Dawn were involved in a heated argument with two very strange looking fellows. They were dressed something like spacement, and were acting like petulant teenagers. Think of them as the 'mother's basement, no friends' types.

I must admit, I really gained a lot of respect for Professor Rowan. Here these two were harrasssing him, but when I approached them he just turned around and started chatting to me, pretending they weren't there. Then, when they interrupted him, he berated them for being an embarrassment to the human race. Dawn and I then took them down together in a double battle. There was little to note, other than Horsepower getting his long-awaited debut. We won, and the two grunts scarpered.

So this was Team Galactic. What an odd bunch. Anywho, Professor Rowan and Dawn thanked me for my help and went on their way, so I did likewise. It was a simple stroll to Floarama Town, a very pleasant little town surrounded by flowers, woods and honey meadows. Team Galactic were loitering about though, so I sensed that my not-so-friendly introduction to them back in Jubilife was far from the last I'd be seeing of these fools. But then again, if I'm to conquer this land and become Champion, I should do my best to ensure it is Galactic-free. Cretins.

With little to do here but admire the scenary (unless one has hay fever, in which case just get the hell out of there), I ventured east. A scared little girl approach me, saying something about Team Galactic kicking her out of the nearby Valley Windworks and demanding her father do something for them. I sincerely hope it's work and not something more depraved. Arriving at the Windworks though, the guard attacked me, but I served him a slice of humble pie. He blurted out some Millenial jargon (something about 'getting owned') and ran into the building, locking the door. According to him, two of his buddies in Floarama Meadows have the other key. Idiot, telling me exactly how I can get in...

Wasting no time, I made for Floarama Meadows. Another two goons were here, harrassing the local honey salesman. I mean...seriously. I taught them both a lesson in pain; hilariously, the second one thought he could defeat me because his buddy softened me up first. I decided to let them run off with their tails between their legs, as I would prefer to resort to elimination only if they did something and terrible.

With my newly acquired Works Key and my free gift honey in my bag, I went back to the Windworks and barged in, sending the guard from earlier into a most pathetic panic. Defeating the few grunts standing in my way and getting treated to Percy evolving into Staravia, I got my first look at one of Team Galactic's infamous Commanders. Mars, she called herself. Quite an attractive lass, too, although I personally draw the line with fanatical followers of some cultic criminal organisation. Even Libertalian women can come to their senses, although I somehow think Cynthia will be beyond my rogueish charms.

But I digress. Mars and I agreed to battle - if she won, I would leave them be; if I won, they would leave. Good, at least she likes to keep it simple. We battled, and let me tell you that her Purugly was a tough customer. Percy managed to win the day and down it...just. If he hadn't evolved just minutes before, then he would have died, and I am not overly confident that Mondo would have achieved victory; neither Horsepower nor Fuckaduck are strong enough yet. Mars agreed to leave, but not before some moaning from their lead scientist, an old timer by the name of Charon. The little girl was reunited with her father, and they joyously told me of a balloon pokemon that visits every Friday.

Great. Today is Sunday.

~ King Smorgascake, December 2008

The team - Mondo the Turtwig, Percy the Starly/Staravia, Fuckaduck the Psyduck, Horsepower the Ponyta

OP
K

King Smorgascake

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 3, 2021
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
With the Floarama job done, I had no further reason to loiter around and made my way north to Eterna Forest, defeating a few trainers along the way. When I reached Eterna Forest, I was approached by a trainer named Cheryl, who was worried about the trek through the forest and asked to team up. Why not? We made a formidable duo, and it helped Horsepower and Fuckaduck continue to catch up in levels to Mondo and Percy, something that would later prove to be essential to my quest.

Upon reaching the edge of the forest, Cheryl and I parted ways. She was a rather attractive lady, and I hope to see her again. Every king needs his queen, and despite being Johto Champion for nine years I was never able to find the woman who could be my queen. On a more negative note, why oh WHY in EVERY land is there always a BASTARD of a fisherman with SIX FUCKING MAGIKARPS?!?!??! Urgh. After beating this guy, I kicked him off the bridge and into the lake.

Eterna City was next, and it was here I had the next big surprise of my journey. Upon going to visit the statue of the ancient pokemon Palkia, the same unusual fellow with the spikey pale blue hair was loitering about. He muttered some nonsense, then left, and as I was wondering whether he had anything to do with Team Galactic and their utter monstrosity of a building nearby I met the woman who drew me out to Sinnoh in the first place. Cynthia.

We didn't battle. Neither of us had any appetite for it. She simply said that she wished to defeat me in my prime, when I'm ready to face her as Sinnoh's Champion. Otherwise, her revenge wouldn't be complete, or something to that regard. I mean, why? Why risk it? Unless she, too, possesses a lust for the epic? A climatic showdown that reverberates down the age?

She didn't seem keen on Team Galactic, either, and gave me a HM for Cut so that I can access their building. Which means, by logic that makes perfect sense but cannot be explained, I must defeat the next Gym to be able to use it. Onwards! Although I fail to see why Cynthia couldn't just storm the building herself. If she's testing me as a foe most worthy of an epic showdown, I will demonstrate that I more than meet the criteria.
So, the Gym. Gardenia, the leader, was waiting outside and welcomed me in as a new challenger. I'm already sensing her as a 'surrender upon defeat' type. After all, she's a Grass-type Gym Leader, and even Bug-types are better than Grass. The rule of the Gym was to defeat all the regular trainers there first, something I would have accomplished anyway, before taking down the big boss.

Now, this is where I first truly tasted the 'tough' nature of Sinnoh. I used Horsepower to overpower her Turtwig and Cherrim, before switching to Percy when she sent out her Roserade as Horsepower had taken damage. Impressive! A Roserade. A Grass-type that's actually good. But despite the type advantage, Percy wasn't good at taking her attacks and couldn't even manage a two-hit KO thanks to her Sitrus Berry.

Percy was down to around half health. He was taking too much damage from attacks to be able to take this thing down without healing. I knew I had to get Horsepower back in there, but heal him first. I thought I had meticulously planned this. Percy had just enough health to take another Magical Leaf, so I healed Horsepower, only for Percy to just about be KO'd. No! A death! I'd grown most attached to Percy!

Horsepower re-entered the fray and sent Roserade to holy hell. Gardenia surrendered, and luckily she was quick about it, else I may have had Horsepower roast her like he did her pokemon. Eterna was mine, but at the cost of my dear feathered friend.

Following a brief memorial, I made for the Team Galactic building. Word on the street was the cycle shop manager was there having an argument, and given I really need a bicycle at this point, he would be quite possible THE most ideal person to put in my debt around here.

I broke into the building. Looker was there, in disguise, and told me where to go to reach the boss. I get the impression that this fellow is exactly the type who will do the research but skimp on the conclusion. Brilliant. More work for me.

These idiot goons were nothing, so I spared them upon defeat. I marvelled at the top floor, however. A dark, sparkling design that made one feel as if one were in outer space. Space tourism isn't really on the market yet, so this was nice enough. It was there I came across another Team Galactic Commander, Jupiter, arguing with the cycle shop manager. I stepped in and challenged her to a battle, because seriously, these clowns are such a bore with all their universe-conquering nonsense.

Jupiter was...tough indeed. Even more so than Mars (although both had equally appalling hairstyles). Her Zubat was nothing, that was a one-pokemon (specifically one-firehorse) job. Her Skuntank, however, was on another level altogether. This stinking gremlin's Night Slashes HURT. My best tank, Mondo, went up against it. Curse, Curse, Curse, hopefully get a crit Razor Leaf. But Mondo got poisoned, then Mondo took a critical hit and barely survived, only to die from poisoning. Nooo! I was worried now. Not only had I lost my starter (damned Grass-type!) but I doubted whether Fuckaduck or Horsepower could overcome the putrid beast.

As it happened, they did, and I feel most terrible guilt for underestimating them. Fuckaduck took a couple of Night Slashes, then the Skuntank couldn't use the move any more. I safely switched in Horsepower, who promptly Flame Wheeled the bastard to death. Mondo was avenged!
Despite both of us losing pokemon, we both acknowledged each other as worthy foes, so I let Jupiter live on the condition that she and her team abandon Eterna City. Her time will come.

On my way to receive by due reward - the free bicycle, as predicted - Cynthia appeared before me once more, offering me a pokemon egg. Her actions becoming ever more mysterious by the meeting, I decided that playing along would be best. I accepted the egg, and quite graciously too, as I have caught little to consider as a reasonable replacement for my two fallen brothers.

Before leaving, I did venture to the Old Chateau nearby, and there I caught a Gastly that I named Riddle. The egg eventually hatched into a Togepi, which I named Munchkin. I was reminded, with sadness, of a Togepi hatching from an egg in Johto. I named it Poacher, but it became the first casualty of that quest and died around the Goldenrod City area, if memory serves. I felt obliged to Poacher's memory to raise Munchkin into the Togekiss that Poacher never was.

Next up, I'm going to Hearthome in eastern Sinnoh. But first, I rest.

~ King Smorgascake, December 2008

The team - Fuckaduck the Psyduck, Horsepower the Ponyta, Riddle the Gastly, Munchkin the Togepi.

R.I.P. - Percy the Staravia, Mondo the Grotle.

Users who are viewing this thread