• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

General "Of Man And Monster: An Extensive Look At Monster Biology, Behaviour And Human-Monster Interaction" by Dr. Yukinari Ohkido

FantasyIsAmazing

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 4, 2020
Nature
Gentle
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dark
The year is 1965. Tissue samples of an unknown species are found on the carcass of a South-Eastern black bear in the Tokiwa Forest. A creature capable of felling such a powerful beast piques the scientists’ interests, and Doctor Satoshi Tajiri leads an expedition into the heart of the Sea of Trees in search of this mysterious animal.

Two weeks into the journey, the first specimen of the kingdom Monstra is discovered: a bulbasaur among the rest of its newborn school, resembling tadpoles of the Anura order. The research team returns to Yamabuki City with their findings.

We now stand centuries ahead of this discovery, and species of this newfound kingdom have become commonplace. Seeing extensive use not only in military and defense, but also of agriculture, travel, transport, construction, and medicine, among many other potential avenues yet explored. This book is an amassment of generations of research, serving as a compilation of information gleamed on the biology and behaviour of the monster kingdom.

Hi! I'm FantasyIsAmazing! This is a culmination of my love for Pokémon and biology, and the ever-expanding insanity of lockdown. This is essentially a compilation of my universe's version of Pokémon, herein called "monsters", reimagined in a more realistic way, i.e. fire needs to have a source for creation, Flying type Pokémon need to have a proper wing-to-body ratio in order to achieve and maintain flight, etc.

Disclaimer: I am not a biologist, so if I get anything wrong, please tell me in the comments and give me suggestions on how to correct it.

This is honestly just a fun writing project I had in mind, and I'm hoping people will enjoy it.

Chapters

Last edited:

silvertongue

Conqueror of the Vermillion Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 29, 2021
This is so cool! I love the idea. It reminds me of Marie Brennan’s Memoirs of Lady Trent series.

Users who are viewing this thread