• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

Thread Description
Warning: Lots of worldbuilding, lore, and non-linearity incoming; also lots of Psychics & Ghosts

AxisVactaire

Nuzlockologist
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 5, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
A primarily literature-based Nuzlocke series spanning multiple games (FireRed, Liquid Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, Black, and X)
This series will take a more realistic/scientific approach in Nuzlocke storywriting

Synopsis: Nuzlockology takes a more realistic & scientific approach in the Nuzlocke realm, following the adventures of a mysterious, hooded, cloaked-face humanoid being, 'Axis Vactaire.'​
Axis does research on what is essentially an outbreak of a mysterious malady eventually named, 'Nuzlocke Disorder.' Recording his studies, findings, and soon-to-be, his adventures, Axis looks through history, news articles, past research from others, and even conspiracy theories, whatever he can to piece together what appears to be a societal blow to a once peaceful (albeit overpopulated) world, now on the verge of dystopia. After having put enough of the 'puzzle' together, Axis' interest has been piqued, and so he travels into Kanto to begin what will eventually become a long journey.​

This literature-based series will be based on gameplay I did for Nuzlocke Challenges from multiple games. Most of the gameplay was done years ago (circa 2013/2014), and I previously posted content based on these on some old accounts over on deviantART ages ago. However, I plan on reprising the gameplay towards a more proper, more organized, multi-Nuzlocke series, aptly named 'Nuzlockology.' I have pretty much most of the storyline all planned out, and thankfully I remember the gameplay/progression well enough from memory. Now it is just a matter of actually writing out fully blown entries, some of which will be presented in a sort of journal-like style, as if I am jotting down my findings/reports as literally 'Axis' (the main protagonist in Nuzlockology). Unfortunately, given that part of the initial release of Nuzlockology was written at one point in time (roughly 2016/2017), and that more of the initial release of Nuzlockology was written a bit more recently in comparison (2019/2020), the influence/vibe in these may shift suddenly, so I will try my best to release what has been written so far as they were, edit as needed, then whatever hasn't actually been fleshed out yet (as per the original Nuzlockology), will be written from scratch. Enjoy~

P.S. The dates shown in the actual entries are just time passing within the Nuzlockology canon, not irl dates the entries were written.
1) Only the first Pokemon encountered/gifted/purchased per area may join the team
2) Each Pokemon will be given a name
3) 0 HP = DEAD (and permanently stored in a box in the PC. Is it a PC box? Is it a mortuary box? Who knows?)

NUZLOCKOLOGY -- The science behind Nuzlocke Disorder:

-Pokemon have small glands in their bodies called the "Fainting Mechanism." (FM for short) When a Pokemon has taken enough injury or damage during a battle, the Fainting Mechanism (FM for short) detects this and sends out a sedative chemical, or enzyme to the Pokemon's central nervous system (particularly the brain), telling the Pokemon that it has had enough, and should faint to signify it's fatigue & tiredness.​
-What Nuzlocke Disorder does is disrupt the Fainting Mechanism's ability to send out the right amount of FM chemicals/signals to the Pokemon, to let it faint properly without life-risking effects.​
-Either the FM sends too much to the central nervous system, and the Pokemon dies upon fainting from being overdosed from the sedative.​
-Or, the FM sends little to none to the central nervous system, and the Pokemon keeps battling/training when it should've fainted, usually resulting in a heart attack or stroke from overexertion.​
-Possible conspiracies point to the possibility of Poke Balls being rigged with a mechanism that irradiates the Pokemon caught in it (exposure to that light that emits from the Poke Ball itself). This radiation could possibly be what's corrupting a Pokemon's Fainting Mechanism, thus giving them Nuzlocke Disorder.​
-The ban of Revives, Max Revives, and other revival medicines could also be a part of this conspiracy. The use of one of these on a fainted Pokemon heals them, revitalizing them. With this mindset, one could hypothesize that if a Pokemon who has died from fainting due to Nuzlocke Disorder (or any fatal injury accompanied by Nuzlocke Disorder) is given a revival medicine, that Pokemon could be revived, and thus brought back from the dead. Of course, this may only work if the Pokemon has just died (body is fresh, and has not started decomposing) and the body is intact enough to be revivable (i.e. Pokemon died from a heart attack, stroke, poisoning, suffocation, asphyxiation, drowning, or other injury that causes death but keeps body physically intact).​
-If the death was caused by an injury involving disfiguring, maiming, disembodiment, decapitation, or any other severe enough impact or trauma where the body is no longer completely intact, then the Pokemon cannot be revived/brought back to life via this method.​
-Revival medicines were pulled from Poke Mart shelves as ordered by the Pokemon League Government Authority at around the time of the outbreak of Nuzlocke Disorder.​
-Insiders say circulation of revival medicines is done either through black market, or in secrecy (most likely very expensive so only the rich can afford to keep their Pokemon alive).​

Personal Report #1 (October 22, 2010) :​
More will be reported as I continue my research on this disorder as I make my way through the seven main Pokemon regions. I have just made landfall in South Indigo Plateau International Airport, flying in from New York, and I plan to meet up with this region's professor, who is in charge of studying the social interactions between Pokemon & their trainers, be it humans, or other human-like anthropomorphic living beings. Dr. Samuel Oak & I plan to have a discussion about how the outbreak of this disorder will affect the relationships between Pokemon & humans/human-likes. For now, I must find a hotel to check into near the airport. Tomorrow, I will begin by watching the Pokemon battles that go on here at the Indigo Plateau. Perhaps it will help me get a better idea what everyone here in the Kanto region is dealing with in-person, rather just than in theory.​

-Dr. Axis Vactaire​
Global Adventurer, Traveler, Backpacker​
PhD in Electrical & Computer Engineering, Minor In Biochemistry​

Personal Report #2 (October 26, 2010):
The hotel I finally settled myself in, Resort Twenty Three, is a really nice one. King-sized bed, free breakfast, an arcade with an ITG2 machine! Goodness, I love this region already. *ahem* Anyways, there sure is a lot to look forward to during my stay here in this region, so no time to slack off & relax...just yet.

Several days in, and this first of the seven regions under the Pokemon League jurisdiction is definitely very lively, given a current ongoing issue. After some meetings with Dr. Samuel Oak, the professor assigned to Kanto, it turns out that a mysterious, enigmatic force is at large. It is supposedly an unidentifiable, unbeatable, untouchable, ghostly presence, with the ability to primarily kill any Pokemon it pursues, and successfully captures, simply by engulfing it's victim, disappearing into sheer nothingness, or passing through it, leaving the victim completely lifeless, but with no sign of trauma, or biological damage. This being has had even the region's most experienced researchers completely puzzled. But, at the very least, it has been christened the name, "Missigno GHOST." Whether or not it has any connection with the currently spreading Nuzlocke Disorder is unclear. But enough of the sinister invaders, more about the disorder itself.

So...apparently, through observing a few challengers against defenders of the Kantonian Elite Four, a squadron & Champion assigned as the final challenge for this region, this Nuzlocke Disorder is definitely nothing to take lightly. One moment, it'll seem like the Pokemon is fine, then the next...the Pokemon is on the ground, completely unconscious & unresponsive. Usually, an executed attack against the victim goes really wrong. Other times, the victim overexerts itself. And occasionally, the victim simply faints...but never wakes up. Regardless, the number of trainers going home from the League (typically those who lost during the League), having to bury their lost Pokemon...I hope there's a big enough cemetery/burial grounds to store all of these...unless they're probably cremated, or buried at sea. Hmm...

Sometime later, I traveled down to Dr. Samuel Oak's hometown, the town of Southern Pallet Port. He told me...if I were to traverse the Kanto region, even just for research/survery purposes, I may as well have a Pokemon of my own, just like everyone else. But given years of hero work, and adventures I have experienced on my own, I will be just fine on my own. But, I did tell him to reserve one for me, just in case I change my mind. I noticed one of the few choices made available to me, from a set of Pokemon called "starter Pokemon" meant exclusively for distribution to those who will be receiving a Pokemon for the first time...this one seemed rather useful. One just looked like something a rural farmer, or botanist could use. The other looks like one a marine-oriented individual could put to good use. But this last one...he sported what looked like a small flame from the tip of his tail. A rather small, young reptilian being. But I mean...it's almost Winter up here. If I'm going to be doing a lot of traveling & trekking in this region, a Pokemon...no...a friend, who would be willing to keep me & himself warm in the upcoming colder weather, in return for me protecting & guarding him with my life...this is the one I must choose. But for now...back to the hotel for some pizza.

Oooookay...no clue what this odd, capsule-like sphere is that I won from a claw machine inside the hotel's arcade. It's just some half-blue, half-white ball, with some sort of button-like mechanism on it. There isn't even anything inside...except for some sort of odd, electronics-filled interior. May as well keep it for now, until I figure out what it is. I mean...it seems to resemble the ones I saw the battlers throwing onto the battlefield during the League matches earlier...but how exactly do Pokemon appear from, and go back inside these things anyways? More & more questions...

-Dr. Axis Vactaire
Global Adventurer, Traveler, Backpacker
PhD in Electrical & Computer Engineering, Minor In Biochemistry

Last edited:

AxisVactaire

Nuzlockologist
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 5, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Personal Report #3 (November 3, 2010):​
With the Halloween rush over, I've been raiding these so-called "PokeMarts" of their Halloween candy shelves. Bought 10 bags of these fun-size "RageCandyBars", all for 500 PokeDollars in total, or $5 USD. Super cheap if you ask me. Anyways, I've got more than enough food & snacks to get me through the next few days of backpacking & traveling on foot through the rest of this region. I've made it to this water-loving city called "Cerulean City". I haven't a single Pokemon on me as of yet, so all I can really do is watch, I guess. Perhaps I could start by watching some "Gym Pokemon Battles" in these places called "Pokemon Gyms." I could've sworn they were some sort of big fitness centers. Turns out, they're just like individual stadiums & arenas, kinda like the ones at the Indigo Plateau from before.​

It's pretty dark out now, and just...something does not feel right about this "air" here. I feel like some sort of danger is lurking not too far from here. I hope it's not those Missigno GHOSTs. Better check into some sort of motel or hotel for the time being, ride out the night, then get a fresh start in the morning.​

(the next morning, November 4)​

No complimentary breakfast here, so I'll have to stick to my own reserves for now. But I've managed to figured out how these supposed...type matchups with Pokemon work. Pokemon supposedly have a type, or types, and use "attacks" to hurt each other with in battle. Makes enough sense to me, Water being strong against Fire, Fire strong against Grass, Grass strong against Water, and so forth. And...oh yes, the ball I won from the claw machine is supposedly a Poke Ball, but...a higher grade one called a "Great Ball." Wonder how I'm supposed to use it to get a Pokemon. Hmm...time to check out the surrounding area, it looks really nice here in Cerulean during the daytime.​

-Dr. Axis Vactaire​

AxisVactaire

Nuzlockologist
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 5, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Personal Report #4 (November 10, 2010):​
I...I could not convince myself out of my motel room. Not after what I saw unfold at the Cerulean Gym yesterday. I was watching a trainer battle the Gym Leader, and...no, I can't. To see your first, longest going, and closest Pokemon just...​

...and finding out later on that night...the pathologists spent hours trying to pump out 2 quarts of water out of that Charmeleon's lungs, after...after confirming his death...​

Why? Why is this something that is just allowed to happen in a region like this, and on such a massive scale? If this Revitalus Immortalis medicine is the cure to this Nuzlocke Disorder taking the lives of so many poor, innocent Pokemon away from their trainers & the living world too soon...why is it even banned from commercial availability? This demotivates me & motivates me simultaneously. It makes me want to just leave, and not become a trainer. But at the same time, I feel as if my heroic duties as Axis Vactaire, the Hooded Guardian, will soon become more important than ever before.​

(2 days later)​

The motel had a gas leak, no survivors of the 78 Pokemon, trainers, staff, and others who were in the building at the time...thankfully I always take my belongings with me whenever I leave whatever hotel or motel I'm checked into (even if I didn't check out yet). I was too busy strolling through Cerulean Cape at twilight, so I ended up spending the night out here, near some abandoned, decrepit town.​

(the next morning)​

So much has unfolded in just this morning alone. For starters...they struck...the Missigno GHOST army struck. A whole community's worth of Psychic Pokemon...just gone, just like that. And it was raining pretty hard too, in this abandoned town. I felt so bad, I wanted to help & save them all, but...I couldn't. I only had one...one Great Ball. One chance...one Pokemon.​

There was a young, squinty-eyed yellow, bipedal fox at the front of the fleeing Psychic group being chased by the GHOSTS, everyone heading towards me. Soon, the fox was the only remaining Pokemon left alive, after the GHOSTS possessed, snuffed, and engulfed all of the other Psychic Pokemon. I frantically reached into my cloak pocket as I was running towards the young fox, being chased by a GHOST. I threw the Great Ball as hard as I could, the ball & the GHOST both closing in on the fox.​

...​

...​

...​

...​

...​

The Great Ball got there first, enclosing the psychic fox in it's spherical salvation. The ball plopped to the ground, the GHOST passing over it, not realizing the fox suddenly disappeared. At this point, I failed to mind a muddy puddle in this rain, slipped, fell on my back, narrowly avoiding the GHOST myself, as it flew just overhead, disappearing with the others into nowhere.​

I dusted myself off, picked up the Great Ball, with the fox still inside it, and I quickly took refuge in a small, abandoned Pokemon Center hut. Thankfully there was still a bed, bath, and a healing machine inside the otherwise rotted building.​

"A...aaaabbraaaa... *sob* *sob*"​

"Ssshhhh...it's OK...it's going to be alright...you're safe now. And...I'll make sure you always will be..."​

"*whimper* Th-thank you...I...I'm...A...Abra...ham...Abraham...Johansson..."​

"Axis...Axis Vactaire. Don't worry Abraham...they're gone...they can't harm you anymore...and nor will anyone...as long as I am here..."​

With the young Abra safe in my clutches, I spent the night in here. Hopefully the rain will clear out by tomorrow morning...and hopefully without more of those wretched killers for sure. It was at this moment...a sense of affection & the will to protect one another had come over me...a feeling kept dormant for a long time, as I had always been on my own. For the first time...I finally had someone to share in my adventures, and it was just the beginning.​

-Dr. Axis Vactaire​

antingaround

nicole
Artist
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pokémon Type
Normal
Pokédex Entry
pretty chill, actually.
Nice story so far :) I love stories that develop lots of lore and worldbuilding, and I love stories with non-linearity. A fresh change of pace and really fun to read!

Nickytung

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Looks like the story will be both very professional and very emotional. I love Abraham already btw

AxisVactaire

Nuzlockologist
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 5, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Personal Report #5 (November 16, 2010):​

After spending some time taking care of the young psychic fox I had recently rescued...he was definitely something else. Psychic...just like myself. Makes me wonder if I could train him to inherit my own powers & abilities, as opposed to just training him like any ordinary trainer would have trained their Pokemon. In any case, we headed north, as per Abraham's request, eventually making it to his native homeland...back at Cerulean Cape.​

Pretty soon, I arrived at the realization that because Abraham was not legally my first Pokemon (only a specified & designated "starter" Pokemon assigned to all new trainers by the region's respective professor are allowed to be the trainer's first Pokemon, not a Pokemon obtained by any other means), I had to hide him somewhere...but somewhere where he could be safe. The blue Poke Ball I caught him in was less than desirable for him to be inside, and was as easy to misplace & lose as a USB flash drive.​

But as luck would have it...we found a place. It appeared to be a long-abandoned, small studio-sized shack, with the interior of a computer laboratory, and an odd pair of machines connected to one another & a giant monitor between them, all against the back wall of this shack. Luckily, I was able to telepathically pry open a welded-shut refrigerator, that seemed to still be functional, despite most of the other electronics not working inside the shack. The bed & bath were in a small room in the corner of the studio, so this was perfect for the Abra to stay in, until I would eventually return, legally able to actually keep him.​

As much as I did not want to abandon him, Abraham reassured me that he would somehow be OK, before I teleported back...to Pallet Town, where I first started. My unfamiliarity with this region would have proved this shortcut maneuver impossible, had it not been for Abraham & I combining psychic forces for me to overcome the needed amount of psychic energy to return to Pallet.​

(several hours later)​

Without uttering a single syllable about my travels, and experiences so far to anyone, I simply headed straight for Dr. Samuel Oak's laboratory...ready to adopt, take in, train, and take far...the fiery reptilian Pokemon I had already planned to pick out ahead of time.​

One private conference, and a few papers signed later (yes, I read the fine print, mind you...not like most cliches who do not), my starter Pokemon was finally mine. He already seemed to have had a name assigned to him at birth, so thus I let him keep it...Scorch Pyron. The young male...Charmander (I am guessing this is derived as a conjunction of "charcoal" & "salamander") was just so full of life, and so ready for what awaited us ahead.​

(many hours later, at twilight)​

Scorch & I eventually made it into a forest-like park just north of Viridian City. After a whole day of traveling north of Pallet Town, I supposed the young Charmander was too tired to carry on any further, so we made camp here. I just gotta make sure Scorch uses his tail flame to keep us warm with a campfire, as opposed to accidentally setting the entire park on fire...so I had us lay in the sand, with a sleeping bag for myself, and Scorch curled up near the campfire nearby, and safely away from the grass, sleeping bag, backpack, and anything else flammable. Before falling asleep, I could not help but look up at the full moon glistening just above...whilst thinking of the Abra I had to leave behind in an abandoned lab, right after I had barely rescued him from otherwise imminent death.​

"Just hang in there...Abraham Johansson...I won't be forever."​

-Dr. Axis Vactaire​

AxisVactaire

Nuzlockologist
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 5, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Personal Report #6 (November 17, 2010):​

The following morning, Scorch had woken me up, only...he did not quite sound like himself. His voice had deepened quite a bit, and when I sat up on my sleeping bag, I opened my eyes to a sight that took my sleepy, not-a-morning-person, mind to process.​

Scorch had gotten significantly taller...his bright orange skin color was now replaced by a much more spicy red coloration...his voice had deepened, hit tail had gotten thicker, his tail flame was burning hotter, and...he had what seemed to be a...horn, sticking out the back of his head.​

He seemed quite scared, but I did my very best calm him down, and comfort him. It took me a while to try to understand what was going on here, but after a few minutes of silent thinking, I was too stumped, even with my smarts & psychic abilities. Was I missing something from what I had learned as I was surveying the region? Maybe...there was much more for me to learn. I quickly video called Dr. Oak on my iPhone, to find out was the issue.​

"Ahh, great to hear from you again, Dr. Vactaire."​

"Same to you, professor, but please...just call me Axis."​

"Right...in any case, to what do I owe the pleasure?"​

I quickly pointed the facecam at the concerned, different-looking Scorch, and it took only a few seconds for Dr. Oak to comprehend our situation.​

40 minutes of lecturing & hanging up later, I was now rehearsed in two things...one, how Pokemon have to "battle" & "fight" each other, to accumulate some sort of odd parameter called "Experience," eventually satisfying another parameter called, "Level." Then something called, "Evolution," where if a certain set of prerequisites are satisfied (usually dependent on a Pokemon's level), the Pokemon would change it's form, and supposedly become stronger, and more powerful.​

This was definitely a lot to process, and I figured...this was just the tip of the iceberg, the iceberg my fellow Fire-type starter would begin melting with ease, now that he was stronger...but, why? Why did he suddenly go through an evolution, as I was fast asleep in the middle of the night? And...why are his claws suddenly more...silvery-like & much sharper? More questions...but no answers...​

-Dr. Axis Vactaire​

AxisVactaire

Nuzlockologist
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 5, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Personal Report #7 (November 18, 2010):​

It's night time now, and we've finally gotten ourselves out of that maze of a forest, and into the Pokemon Center Hotel at the next city, Pewter. I think it finally dawned on me why Scorch had suddenly evolved, and completely changed his appearance...he must have been engaging other Pokemon in battles in the wild deep inside the Viridian Forest as I was fast asleep the other night. I was wondering what all that distant rustling was. Heheheh...I guess it's safe to say at least I don't have to teach him how to battle, as much as I would not want to anyway. What if a Pokemon was out there that Scorch would not have been able to prevail over? What if there was much more inside the Viridian Forest, than the weak insect-like Pokemon native to the heavily wooded path? Either Scorch must've had a different trainer, who had either sent him back to Dr. Oak, abandoned him to be retrieved by Dr. Oak, or...hmm...I may never know. Plus, it would be out of line for me to ask Scorch myself. For now, I'll just leave it at, "Scorch probably has that fighting instinct already in him." Gotta commend his Brave nature. Time for long awaited sleep, and on a real bed no less.​

The next morning (November 19, 2010):​
Interesting how despite Scorch looking bigger, and stronger, he's still the young, happy, cheerful Charmander at heart. Of course I had to wake up to him leaping on top of my bed. Also...I could've sworn his tail tip is supposed to be lit on fire, no? Meh, probably something he can turn on & off at will. I was wondering why he was able to lay down on his bed without setting the entire hotel on fire last night. Anyways...on to FREE BREAKFAST! >w<​

Pecha Berry Fruit Tarts​
Axis -> "YUM!"​
Scorch -> "Hmph. Char! Too sweet! *incinerates it*​

Cheri Berry Pie Slices​
Axis -> *panting* "My tongue's on fire! Where's the fat free milk?!"​
Scorch -> "Chaarrrr...much more like it." *nom*​

After our breakfast, I picked up a free copy of some sort of guide book to Pokemon Gyms. I saw these places before, and I could have sworn they were some sort of place to train. No...apparently, they're just stadiums/arenas, one inside each building, one per city/town, and...you battle against a specialized trainer assigned to that Gym for that city/town, and if you emerge victorious, you get some sort of badge/medal as proof of such. And...you gotta collect eight of these in order to be granted admission to the Elite Four place I first observed weeks ago. I think I'm starting to understand how this all works. But, still..a lot more to look into. For now...time to take my mind off of things by visiting the museum that this city apparently has. Hope the admission's "optional" like the History one back in New York City.​

-Dr. Axis Vactaire​

AxisVactaire

Nuzlockologist
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 5, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Personal Report #7 (Continued from Scorch's perspective) (November 19, 2010):​

Ooooooohhhhkay, so that was a disappointing & boring museum. Though my trainer thought otherwise. He seems really interested in learning everything in the Pokemon world, but...I really do not have the time for this. I just want to battle, I just want to fight. Why can't he understand that? Here I am, a Level 20 2nd stage starter, stuck with this pacifist hooded nerd. Like...is he scared of sending out his Pokemon to fight, or something? Plus, why has he not bothered to catch anyone else to add onto the team. Seriously though, the Pokemon Gym's right there, I have the Metal Claw attack acquired, just let me go iiiiiiinnn...oh hey, there's a hunk of gold glassy stone here in the trash. No clue what this little black dot inside it is though. Oh well... *stores Old Amber inside Axis' backpack*​

-Scorch Pyron​
Mr. Axis' 1st Pokemon​

AxisVactaire

Nuzlockologist
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 5, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Personal Report #8 (November 20, 2010):​

Last night, Scorch seemed quite adamant about going into the Pokemon Gym in this city. This morning, we go through our usual routine of getting ready, grabbing our free breakfast in the dining hall, then heading out. Only this time...Scorch seemed much more energetic, peppy, and excited than ever before. I guess he really does want me to do the thing where the trainer pits their own Pokemon against these eight special trainers, one in each of the eight cities/towns throughout the region. Like...is collecting eight medals (which are probably made with some fake jewelry), and gaining access to the Indigo Plateau really worth putting your own Pokemon's life at risk, especially given the outbreak of Nuzlocke Disorder? Seems so to every other trainer in this region, but not to me...it has not quite clicked for me just yet. Perhaps I ought to have a talk with whoever is in charge of the Pokemon Gym here in Pewter City, so I could get a much better idea of what's really going on here.​

(some time later)​

Axis: So..that's it? I win in a battle against you, and I receive what?​

Brock: The Boulder Badge, 1,400 PokeDollars prize money, and this... *shows Axis a brown CD-looking object*​

Axis: What exactly is that?​

Brock: A Technical Machine unit. You place it against the Pokemon's forehead when you want it to learn the attack or move contained inside it. You'll find out more once the battle's over.​

Axis: I understand. Thank you for the explanation on how this all works.​

Brock: Listen...I realize you have nothing but a Fire-type Pokemon on you. You might want to catch another Pokemon or two to add to your team.​

Axis: It's fine...my Pokemon has decided it is ready to battle, alone. And...I have not been able to encounter any Pokemon to try to catch... *has completely lied, knowing Abraham is back in Cerulean Cape, awaiting Axis' return*​

Brock: Are you sure you really want to do this? You seem rather reluctant.​

Axis: I am...even after this whole explanation on how battling, and badge collecting works...I am still not on-board, or in approval of any of this. However...my Charmeleon really wants to battle. So for his sake...I am willing to go for it.​

Brock: Say no more...let's step out onto the battlefield.​

Axis: *nods*​

-----​

I hope you know what you are doing Scorch...because I sure do not. My very first battle against a trainer, and a Gym battle no less...I may have observed & studied how this all works, and I may have listened to Brock's explanation, but...this still makes no sense to me. These living, breathing entities...treated as easily expendable & replaceable? Maybe if & when we get through this match tomorrow, it will make more sense to me in time.​

-Dr. Axis Vactaire​

AxisVactaire

Nuzlockologist
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 5, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Personal Report #9 (November 20, 2010):​

Finally, a long day has come to a close. I'll admit, I have learned much more about how everything works in this region in the past several hours alone, than on any previous day that I've been here in the Kanto region. I am now beginning to understand the whole philosophy of badge-collecting, training, battling, and whatnot. Do I respect it yet though? That I am still unsure of. Hopefully as time goes on, and more Pokemon eventually join the team, perhaps I should know by then. Scorch seems to be OK with it, and I guess it must be an instinctual thing with him. I'll perfectly honest though...with Scorch's weakness against Rock-types, I was beginning to get worried mid-battle, especially when we were facing this big rock-like serpent called Onix. It's a good thing Scorch learned some odd metal-based scratching attack back in that forest maze. There's no telling what would've happened otherwise, especially considering we had to sign a waiver before the battle. Legal thing with all the Pokemon dying from Nuzlocke Disorder as of late, it appears. I'm definitely still skeptical about how everything works here, but I have a ways to go before I can begin to piece things together. For now...it appears there is nothing else to do in this city, so Scorch & I have decided to make our way east, and head for whatever lies ahead.​

-Dr. Axis Vactaire​

AxisVactaire

Nuzlockologist
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 5, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Personal Report #10 (November 21, 2010):​

Scorch & I decided to overnight at the next Pokemon Center Hotel, located at a gate leading to what appears to be a tunnel-based path that goes through a mountain. We spent hours walking through the route east of Pewter City, and battling some trainers that were lounging about and/or training throughout the area. It was quite odd, to be perfectly honest. It felt as if these trainers were willing to put their Pokemon at risk so nonchalantly. By now, I've muted any reluctance I've felt before, since I could sense the persistence in them, almost like backing out of a battle between two Pokemon trainers is not an option. I suppose legally you have to battle, but I'll have to look more into that as Scorch and I journey deeper into the region.​

(one free breakfast later)​

That's breakfast done, but it's raining now, and obviously we have to wait until it clears. A couple of passerby trainers suggested I either put Scorch in his Poke Ball, or allow him to go out in the rain. Ignorance is bliss, I guess. So I disregarded their advice, and stayed inside with Scorch anyways. One thing seems to be bothering me though...there's some sort of fish-like Pokemon (or what I assume is one) in a little mini-aquarium fish tank here in the lobby. It seemed so lackadaisical in general according to the staff here. Yet once Scorch & I arrived as of last night, suddenly the red fish behaved as if it were always full of energy. And now as of this morning, it's definitely eager about something. The Pokemon Center nurse in the lobby just shrugged off the odd behavior, attributing it to the rain outside...since apparently depending on the weather (or even the time of day) going on in a Pokemon battle, certain variants of Pokemon are actually more stronger/powerful. This was definitely another newfound discovery for me I was not aware of before.​

But yet...I still don't think that's why the fish is acting abnormally. Something in my psychic disposition is telling me that fish is important, or will become important for some odd reason one day. And I guess that would be because last night whilst I was fast asleep, I could vividly recall having some sort of dream...it was really brief, but all I could remember was some sort of tall, muscular, humanoid entity pushing what looks like some sort of bipedal fox-like being out of harms way. The context beyond that...I have no clue. But what has me wondering is one detail I caught from the two silhouettes (whose colors were unclear, it was just mostly shadows) in the dream...the bigger bipedal entity had what looked like a pair of fins & a set of horns sticking out of what I assume were it's cheeks...along with another set of horns, almost in a W-shape or a crown shape sticking out of the top of it's head...and then what faintly seemed like a pair of whiskers on it's face, flailing to & fro from the rapid movements the entity was making. I've been staring at this fish in it's tank for the past hour or so since breakfast...and it's odd...the cheek fins, the crown-like horns, and the whiskers...something is telling me they are the same as what I saw in the dream. Is it...is it fated...maybe I'm supposed to acquire some sort of Pokemon like that fish one day...? Maybe the dream might actually be a premonition? (wouldn't be the first time my psychic powers have done this to me) But aside from the facial features being strikingly similar...what I saw in the dream was something humanoid with fish-like features...not just a measly, innocuous fish. So much that needs to be understood...​

-----​

*nearby conversation overhead by Scorch*​

Mechanic: "OK, Miss Joy...so here's the deal...I talked with the contractor, and..."​

Joy: "Yes?"​

Mechanic: "The only way we can renovate this lobby for increased trainer & Pokemon traffic/capacity is if we get rid of a few of the unnecessary amenities around here...starting with that." *points to the Magikarp in the fish tank*​

Axis: *is currently too zoned out to pay attention*​

Scorch: *tugs at my cloak to get my attention*​

Joy: "The aquarium? But...there's a Pokemon in there. We can't simply just cast it adrift."​

Mechanic: "The Pokemon appears to have no trainer...and..."​

Axis: *turns towards the conversation*​

Mechanic: *snickers slightly* "I highly doubt anyone would--"​

Axis: *walks towards them* "I'll take it."​

Joy: "Oh? Would you really do that, sir?"​

Axis: "Yes, as a matter of fact, I would."​

Mechanic: "Hah! What in the name of Arceus would you want to do with a Pokemon as useless as that?!" *gestures towards the Magikarp in a condescending manner*​

Axis: "It is still a Pokemon, no?"​

Joy: "That is true...and...we may have to get rid of it soon anyways."​

Mechanic: "Yeah, and set it free into the Cerulean waters, where I'm sure something will get to it first, before it has a chance at evolving."​

Axis: "All the more reason. It is a Pokemon, and I assume by what you said, it can evolve, correct?"​

Joy: "Yes, this little Magikarp does in fact evolve."​

Axis: "Then I shall happily take it in as my own. I need someone else on my team, so that my starter here isn't so lonesome."​

Scorch: *simply looks up sheepishly*​

Mechanic: "You're gonna regret it. But alrighty."​

(sometime later)​

Axis: "I don't understand, Scorch. They said something gigantic & serpentine-like...what I saw in the dream was someone human-sized, and very humanoid...like...anthropomorphic almost..."​

Scorch: "Maybe...Magikarp evolves twice?"​

Axis: "Can't be...they insisted it only evolves once. But...I don't know...maybe they're wrong. You said you have yet to evolve again, right?"​

Scorch: "M-hm."​

Axis: *sighs* "Who knows?" *looks at my PokeBall in-hand, with my first catch resting inside it*​

-----​

The tip of the iceberg has been discovered...but I can only imagine this iceberg of knowledge & discovery underneath the water must be colossal.​

-Dr. Axis Vactaire

AxisVactaire

Nuzlockologist
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 5, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Personal Report #11 (November 22, 2010):​

The rain didn't let up as hoped, so instead we're just spending the whole day inside our hotel room here in the Pokemon Center near this supposed tunnel-like passage connecting Pewter to Cerulean. Not a good gameplan, because as much as I wanted to already be on the move by this morning, Scorch's health, safety, and wellbeing are just as important. But now, we're gonna be a day behind, and I really do not know how much longer Abraham can hold out over there back in Cerulean Cape, all alone in that abandoned shack. To think that I have just met these Pokemon, and yet I have suddenly become so attached to them (well, partially because apparently this corner of society seems to nonchalantly look at these living entities as expendable).​

In any case, I was able to use my psychic power to telekinetically move the Magikarp's fish tank from the lobby into the hotel room whilst everyone was sound asleep in the middle of the night. I didn't want anyone else to find out that I didn't exactly just carry that thing down the hall & whatnot. At least now the renovations to the Pokemon Center's lobby can begin without issue. And just as expected, the intensifying rain (now a storm) has this fish Pokemon really active, alert, and full of energy. Good I suppose, since I can see it's healthy.​

With nothing better to do while riding out the storm, I decided to simply take out my laptop, and do some more in-depth research on everything going on. Between the region's history, the original outbreak of Nuzlocke Disorder, and just how all this catching, training, raising, and battling with Pokemon works, I can barely keep up, nor can I decide what to do research on & type/write down more notes on. This time, I decided to delve into what I dreamed about the other night. Maybe try to connect it to something I remembered from when I visited that stadium back at the Indigo Plateau place.​

So, a lot of these Pokemon species just seem like mutated manifestations from what looks like regular common animals, whether feral or domesticated, sometimes having features from more than one kind of animal, as far as I can tell. Like, I can tell some of the more obvious ones such as the avian Pokemon, which appear to resemble different kinds of birds. There seem to also be a cat-like one (although the weird coin-looking attachment on it's forehead was questionable, probably some sort of accessory if I had to guess), and a canine-looking one (although the fur-color and the ability to emit fire-based power still has me taken aback).​

But what stood out to me the most was when this bodybuilder/martial artist sort of guy wearing literally just white pants, a black belt, and nothing else stepped out onto the battlefield, and sent out some peculiar-looking Pokemon that looked nothing like what I was expecting or had seen before. I was expecting something along the lines of the poofy monkey-like Pokemon with a pig snout that I saw in an earlier battle at the time. Instead, this man summoned from a Poke Ball, some sort of...I don't even know...this completely bipedal Pokemon, with an unusually humanoid-like appearance, even as far as wearing what looked like boxing gloves & shorts. There was another one that was pretty similar, wearing what appeared to be a speedo, a wrestling belt, and having an almost completely human body shape, right down to having humanoid hands & feet, and a well-built muscular body, but then what I'm guessing was a reptilian face.​

The whole treating Pokemon like animals sort of philosophy, I can probably understand with something like the Magikarp I pretty much "caught" & added onto the team, or maybe the cat-like Pokemon from before, or some little bird-like Pokemon which I've been seeing a lot of. But...to do the same with these humanoid Pokemon that are practically just as tall/big as their trainers, and look like they could practically blend in with regular everyday society out here in this region...I'm not so sure about all this. Pokemon being either as feral & animal-like as they have been, or as human-like as to make me question all of it even more than I already am...that & the dream I had. I needed to look into this much more closely.​

(hours of research later)​

OK...this is a lot. But I think I am starting to make sense of what I managed to collect up to now. Apparently, about many decades ago, there was this big nuclear war taking place across not just the Kanto region, but other regions too (I honestly had no idea there were more out there). The motive seemed to be something along the lines of the role of Pokemon in society, their place, their position, and how they should be treated. Lotta really political stuff. There were casualties left & right, Pokemon, humans, and otherwise. And if there weren't casualties, there were unsolved missing reports. In the years that followed, during rebuilding, and re-establishing a sense of normalcy in the regions, there were reports of sightings of what was supposedly a new breed of Pokemon. It seemed that up until then, Pokemon were typically just about entirely animal-like, with a few oddballs here & there (Pokemon supposedly born from different kinds of pollution, or Pokemon born from otherwise inanimate electronics developing a sentience & conscience of sorts).​

This new breed of Pokemon consisted of various kinds of entities that displayed human-like body structures, features, and even behavior/mannerisms (such as not only being able to understand human speech, but express human speech in return), to compliment the sort of behavior other Pokemon normally exhibit. Simply put...Pokemon like nothing seen before had arisen after the nuclear war.​

A conspiracy theory I saw on the subject manner stood out in particular. The theory suggests that some of the humans that were injured/afflicted during the war survived, but were irradiated to an extent that...apparently it turned them into this new breed of Pokemon...? And, somehow they survived long enough to even mate & repopulate, but not enough that they would become anywhere near as common as any other sort of Pokemon. These Pokemon have adapted to live in the wild like any other Pokemon would, but these humanoid Pokemon species more often than not would be encountered in urban settings, as opposed to let's say a forest, or a cave. Given that they are still relatively new compared to other Pokemon species, that could probably explain their rarity (and probably some sort of hidden value associated with them).​

If this conspiracy theory holds any truth, it could explain not just the Pokemon I saw back at the Indigo Plateau...but maybe Abraham as well. I could tell he was something along the lines of a vulpine...but I knew something about him just struck me as more human-like than I would've expected him to be (and not just because he's a fellow psychic like me). I think I understand that much now.​

However...it still doesn't answer what I saw in the dream/vision. I researched further, by seeing the kind of Pokemon Magikarp is supposed to evolve into. It all keeps pointing to this big serpentine (almost dragon-like) Pokemon named Gyarados. Not a trace of anything looking even remotely humanoid. Nothing anywhere close to what that fighting guy at the Pokemon League was using. And, I checked to see if maybe Magikarp could evolve a different way into something else, or if what I saw in the dream was maybe a new, undiscovered intermediate evolution, or maybe a new evolution stage/form beyond the currently-known Gyarados form.​

Whatever I saw...I know I saw it. And...Abraham...he didn't look like himself. He looked...taller...bigger. His tail wasn't the skinny shape I vividly recalled the Abra having. It was like...a more puffed up sort of tail...and the ears were a bit bigger too. He even looked more humanoid/bipedal than he does now.​

So much answered, yet new questions fill the void...and all with this outbreak gradually killing Pokemon, that plus the Missigno GHOSTs.​

I have to wonder...Nuzlocke Disorder...the Missigno GHOSTs...unusually humanoid Pokemon...they all seemed to have started after that nuclear war. The humanoid Pokemon part first...then the Nuzlocke Disorder outbreak not too long after...and the Missigno GHOST sightings & invasions more recently.​

I don't have any leads or anything concrete (I'm still just processing all of this myself as I'm writing/typing it out)...but...what if...maybe all of it is somehow related, maybe even connected...​

-Dr. Axis Vactaire​

Last edited:

AxisVactaire

Nuzlockologist
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 5, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Personal Report #12 (November 23, 2010):​

The following day, the rain finally let up, the ground dried out of the accumulated precipitation, and it was safe & sound to continue onward. We departed the Pokemon Center just in time for it to be closed for renovations, so we knew it was definitely time for us to move on.​

The tunnel seemed more like a cave than a tunnel, running underneath & through the mountainous area named after some supposed lore regarding the mountain itself. Apparently on clear nights, the the way moonlight hits the area does something quite mystical. Something about crystal-like stones infused with said moonlight, and how these stones have some sort of value, both in a monetary sense & in a way pertaining to Pokemon that reside in the area. I have to wonder how...do the stones make the Pokemon stronger in some way? Or...maybe the stones could make the Pokemon evolve automatically (instead of the Pokemon simply training enough to evolve the more natural way)?​

In any case, we made our way through the tunnel, battling a trainer every now & then, and even having to fend off the occasional wild Pokemon (as others refer to Pokemon not belonging to any trainers). At first, I thought it'd be more fitting to simply leave them be, but Scorch seems to believe otherwise. To be fair, some of the wild Pokemon seem to be the ones instigating the battles, rather than us. And again...probably an instinctual thing within Scorch, which I should probably be taking mental notes more often for.​

Eventually we reached what seems to be a resting point, at the summit of the area, with a sign saying, "Mount Moon Square."​

-----​

Scorch: *looks up at the sky* "The Sun's setting, Axis...have we been inside the whole day?"​

Axis: "Sure seems like it. We entered the cave at sunrise, so we were definitely in there for hours. Feeling alright? I know you've been battling a lot, so we should stop for today & rest here."​

Scorch: "Yeah, I think I'm good, thanks." *spots a pond* "Hey look! There's a little pond we could let our new team member swim in for a bit."​

Axis: "Huh, how convenient. I guess it seems to be a safe spot for the Magikarp since it's just a pond."​

*we walk over to the pond, and I let out the Magikarp out of it's PokeBall, into the water*​

Magikarp: *swims around joyfully*​

Scorch: "Hey, we never got it's name back at the Pokemon Center."​

Axis: "Oh yeah...we forgot to...I mean, it's a Magikarp."​

Scorch: "Maybe...let's name it...Aquos...?"​

Axis: "Aquos...hmm...I mean...ehh, OK. Kinda tongue-in-cheek, but I suppose it'll work."​

Scorch: "Yay~"​

Aquos: *splashes around in the pond happily upon being named*​

-----​

As we rested around the pond, a wild Pokemon wandered towards us, having noticed our presence. But unlike all the other wild Pokemon that either fled before us, or confronted us...this one seemed different (I could sense it). This one simply approached us, with the intent of just joining us or something, no confrontation. I had a vacant PokeBall laying out, as I was emptying out one of my pants' pockets to find something else. The small, spiky, rabbit-like, purple Pokemon gestured towards the PokeBall, almost as if it wanted to go in it. So...I gently threw the PokeBall as instructed to catch it (since that's apparently the official way to catch a Pokemon). The red & white capsule bounced off the Pokemon, stopped in midair momentarily, opened up, then enveloped the Pokemon in an odd red light before storing it inside. Still an odd system in my opinion, but I imagine it could be electrical or teleporting-related. So many questions...​

(sometime later...)​

Axis: "So this Pokemon is referred to as a male 'Nidoran'..." *I mumble to myself while looking up the information on my phone*​

*Scorch & Aquos were both fast asleep, and Nidoran was nibbling away at a Rage Candy Bar I fed it*​

Nidoran: "Ni...Nid...Nik...o..." *uttering young sounds & noises whilst eating*​

Axis: "Hmm...I think I'll name you...Nikolai." *I say this as I gently pet the new team member with my cloth-gloved hand*​

Nikolai: *ears twitch from being petted, then nose wrinkles, noticing something in the pond*​

*a black crystalline stone suddenly surfaces following some bubbles*​

Axis: *I point my other hand at the stone, and telekinetically maneuver it towards me*​

Nikolai: "Ni...do?"​

Axis: *I grasp the stone, then set it down on the ground to let it dry out*​

-----​

Considering how long Scorch spent being the only one on the team, particularly through the first Pokemon Gym, I was getting a bit worried if we'd be able to make it back to Abraham who's hopefully still safe in the abandoned studio up in Cerulean Cape. Thankfully, there's more of us now, which is a huge relief.​

Unfortunately...I don't know if I would be able to simply just teleport myself & a team of non-Psychic Pokemon to get back to Cerulean Cape to retrieve Abraham. Considering the risks of teleportation, if proper caution is not heeded...I decided upon leaving Pallet Town with Scorch, it was not worth the potential risks...which is why we are going the long way, much to my dismay.​

I do wonder if this odd stone I just found is the moonlight-infused one that's been talked about & linked to the namesake of this area. So many questions...but it'll have to wait until morning, as it has been a long day. Time to rest for the night with our newfound team, under this vivid full moon...​

-Dr. Axis Vactaire​

AxisVactaire

Nuzlockologist
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 5, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Personal Report #13 (November 24, 2010):​

Keeping this entry relatively shorter than the more recent entries, because I don't think I slept too well last night (since we slept outdoors here in the square, obviously). I couldn't stop thinking of the dream, and if Aquos has anything to do with it. I also couldn't stop examining the stone that just mysteriously surfaced from that pond. It seems to answer to the full moon, so I think maybe the moonlight caused the stone to defy it's density in the water in some way. Also, it's sunrise & I have not seen Scorch or Nikolai. Hopefully they did not wander off too far, and that they know what they're doing, especially considering how young & weak Nikolai is. I'm just gonna sleep some more & wait here with Aquos, until Scorch & Nikolai return...I hope they return.​

-Dr. Axis Vactaire​

-----​

Uhh...so Axis, I took the new pink guy with me for a morning walk, because he wanted to tag along when I tried to wander off on my own. We trained against a bunch of little mushroom-covered Pokemon for an hour, and...I think he evolved too.​

-Scorch Pyron​

-----​

Hey Axis, if that's your name...I'm writing this to say I have evolved. Scorch helped me train until I was strong enough to train on my own, and eventually evolve. He asked me if I can evolve again, but I have no clue. Do you know if I get to evolve one more time, Axis?​

-Nikolai Nardo​

AxisVactaire

Nuzlockologist
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 5, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Personal Report #14 (November 24, 2010):​

I decided to let Aquos back in the pond here at Mount Moon Square, whilst waiting for Scorch & Nikolai to return. Well imagine my surprise when Nikolai was bigger, pointier, stronger, and slightly darker than I remembered him being upon returning...until Scorch explained exactly what unfolded. I figured Scorch knew how to keep himself & Nikolai safe, even if wandering off without me...so how could I be mad at that? I feel it would be wrong of me to get upset at that, especially because I know other trainers would react as such. But...I'd rather be calm, serene, and composed...yet still unfailingly caring nonetheless. I'll admit...when I first took up this endeavor, never had I expected this journey to have become about much more than the science & research pertaining to this study.​

But...ever since I met, saved, and befriended Abraham...it really made me realize there was so much more to all of this...and that Pokemon are just as valuable of living, sentient entities as much as any other living beings...be it humans, animals, and everyone in between. And...I feel as if I am slowly beginning to become more & more emotionally attached to the team, as it starts to expand. If only I could've gotten to Abraham straight away. Please hang in there, Abe...​

-----​

We soon made our way out of Mount Moon Square, and into the next section of the tunnel/cave. After not too long, we came across a guy who was dressed in a rather sophisticated manner. He wore a seemingly formal attire, with what appeared to be a red R stitched onto the overcoat. And...next to him was a beige-furred, kinda big/tall, but skinny cat-like Pokemon assisting him with something. He noticed our team walking towards them, and suddenly started acting quite confrontational. Thankfully, we were ready for a battle at any time by now, but...something felt quite unusual about this guy...as in, he didn't just seem like any ordinary passerby trainer we had battled. Something in my psychic disposition was telling me...this guy was someone of some sort of great importance & significance.​

-----​

???: "We've been spotted! Great!"​

Axis: "Whoa whoa whoa! We don't want any trouble. We just want to get on by."​

???: "Irrelevant! I was planning to take these two Pokemon Fossils I found with me, undetected. I can't have any witnesses catching me in the act!"​

Axis: "Please! We don't need to fight! Just let us do us, we'll let you do you!"​

???: "...I'm afraid it's too late for that." *points a PokeBall out, gesturing the want to engage in battle*​

(one battle later)​

???: "I must say, you & your Pokemon sure know how to battle...but I have to admit, you lucked out. I don't normally go around with just my Persian...or without any of my grunts."​

Axis: "Thank you, sir." *extends hand* "Dr. Axis Vactaire."​

???: *shakes hand* "Giovanni Sakai. Hmm..." *looks down at both fossils on the ground* "Forgive me for assuming your sudden presence was associated with malicious."​

Axis: "So well forgiven."​

Giovanni: "I'll tell you what? Most trainers I battle nowadays seem to be the same, run-of-the-mill. You...especially with the way you're dressed...you seem to stand out.​

Axis: "Likewise."​

Giovanni: "...and for a rather pedestrian team...you battle really well. Not that many trainers in this region legitimately impressed like you did. Here, you can have one. It's only fair. I forced you into battle, and lost."​

Axis: "Right..." *not wanting to reveal my psychic powers, I simply squat down, examine both fossils, then pick a dome-shaped fossil, letting Giovanni keep a helix-shaped one* "Geez...this thing's rather big & heavy. I hope I'm actually doing you a huge favor by having shown up when I did to take one of these fossils out of your hands. Did you intended on taking both for yourself?"​

Giovanni: "That was my original intention, yes. But again...something about you."​

Axis: "Yeah...same."​

Giovanni: "I have a feeling we may meet again sometime...Axis"​

Axis: "Only time may tell..Giovanni."​

-----​

Eventually, we all made it out of Mount Moon, and emerged on the other side, with the next city in view at the bottom of the hill. Giovanni & I went our separate ways for now. He & his Persian stayed behind, while our own team finally made it to Cerulean City.​

-Dr. Axis Vactaire​

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
Very interesting story here, I love it

AxisVactaire

Nuzlockologist
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 5, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Personal Report #15 (November 25, 2010):​

12:00 MN (Axis' entry)​

After we arrived in Cerulean yesterday, the team was resting back in the hotel room at the Pokemon Center, while I went on another tour of the city. I found a Bike Shop at one point, but it appeared to be closed...sign says the owner's away on vacation. Just my luck...I probably should've visited the last time I was here...​

Sometime after, I wanted to revisit the Pokemon Gym here, but...the moment I went into the lobby, every synapse in my brain told me that the decision I had just made was in no way a good decision. Suddenly, I remembered that one trainer's Charmeleon who fell unconscious mid-battle, slipped into the pool, and drowned...the battle I watched when I was here last time, was suddenly coming back to me. I definitely did NOT want my Scorch, or Nikolai (or anyone on the team for that matter) to die too...so, I decided to leave, posthaste. I don't think we should be going in here with only three Pokemon on the team anyways. If only Abraham...​

After night fell, I decided to leave everyone else behind in the hotel room (or at least, that was my intention), so I could set out to retrieve Abraham on my own, back at Cerulean Cape...and in the middle of the night too, so that the young psychic fox would be less likely to be spotted on the way back.​

I headed up north of the city, towards Cerulean Cape. The bridge that connected the city's northern end to the cape was unusually empty tonight. It normally always has trainers & their Pokemon, even during overnight hours. I guess whatever's been going on lately has more of the commonfolk around here on their guard. Plus...there's been a lot of cloud cover throughout the evening. It might be about to rain soon, so I'm going to have to get to Abraham as fast as I can.​

1:30 AM (Axis' entry)​

Eventually, I made it back to Cerulean Cape, and saw Abraham waiting for me outside the entrance to the abandoned studio he had taken shelter in. He most likely sensed my arrival, and waited outside as such. The psychic fox embraced me in a hug, as he leaped/floated into my protective clutches. I noticed he was wearing what appeared to be a pair of brown sandals he said he had found inside the studio. Somehow, they were brand new when he first found them while salvaging through the shack, still in whatever wrappings they were packed in.​

After a bit of chatting & catching up, we soon set out & left the area. He handed me his Great Ball, along with what appeared to be a silver metallic spoon, whose body was twisted in a uniform manner (almost like a long lollipop twist). Abraham claimed that he found it inside the studio, clean & untouched (fresh out of some sort of pack). He supposedly discovered that wielding the spoon was somehow helping him practice his psychic powers better, almost as if amplifying them. Neither of us understood why, but nevertheless, he kept the spoon.​

He asked why I didn't want to put him back in the ball, and after a detailed explanation about my philosophy regarding how Pokemon should be treated, he came to fully understand. I ran (with Abraham clinging onto me, wrapped up in my cloak) as fast as I could back to Cerulean City, now that the rain started. We saw some lightning strike further up ahead. We both winced at the sudden loud noise, Abraham's fox ears twitching wildly from it. Undeterred otherwise, we continued onward.​

But when we got to the northern entrance to the bridge...the checkpoint & the bridge itself had collapsed. Turns out, the strike caused a transformer to explode, setting the [thankfully empty] checkpoint building ablaze. A tree had collapsed nearby as well (most likely it was struck too), falling onto the now damaged, inaccessible bridge. With the storm now kicking into high gear, Abraham & I now had to find another way back into the city.​

<transmission interrupted>​

AxisVactaire

Nuzlockologist
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 5, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
Personal Report #16 (November 27, 2010):

11-26-2010 6:56 AM (Abraham's perspective)

To anyone reading this entry, this is being written from an 'in medias res' perspective.​

My name is Abraham Johansson, a Kadabra under the jurisdiction & care of Dr. Axis Vactaire.​

Dr. Vactaire founded the study of Nuzlocke Disorder sometime before beginning his trek through this region.​

Together, Dr. Vactaire & I have agreed to partner up in working on any & all research towards this elusive malady (and any other strange anomalies that may or may not be tied to this outbreak) from here on out.​

If anyone may be confused by my sudden presence & induction onto Dr. Vactaire's team, need not be alarmed, for I shall let him explain below.​

-----

11-25-2010 2:30 AM (Axis' perspective)

With the bridge now out (and in the middle of a storm no less), Abraham & I had to quickly find a way back to the safety of Cerulean City. It was far too risky to try to teleport back, with all the electricity in the air. But at least I was able to do brief self-levitation maneuvers to bring myself over the other side of a nearby river, the young psychic fox still in my protective clutches.​

A few minutes of running later, we passed by what seemed to be the entrance to another cave/tunnel, with a sign displaying, "Cerulean Cave." But this entrance was boarded up for some odd reason, so unfortunately we couldn't go inside it for the sake of riding out the storm. I had to keep going, so I simply continued following the river & the bridge, which were thankfully parallel enough.​

But a bit of running later, a very bad feeling came over me. It was a feeling...not just any feeling, but what I experienced when I first rescued Abraham, only...worse, much much worse. And the moment I looked up into the stormy sky, my instincts were correct. The Missigno GHOST's were back. The Missigno GHOST swarm flew into the cave I had just run past. I did not dare look back or turn back, I only kept charging forward.​

We eventually ended up back in the area east of Mount Moon, so I knew I had to at least turn to go back downhill towards Cerulean City. When we reached a clearing at the bottom of the hillside, we were met with what appeared to be an army of Pokemon...all looking really strong & fearsome. And I could sense it...they had all been possessed by the Missigno GHOSTs.​

Abraham & I were surrounded, but I was not ready to give up. My team was counting on me. Abraham was counting on me. And above all...the Pokemon & trainers of the Kanto region were counting on me. I was not about to let all of the work & research I had done for Nuzlockology go to waste. So...I decided to fight back. No...not sending out Abraham to fight. ME...specifically me, fighting back. With one arm, I kept Abraham wrapped up & protected inside my white cloak. With the other, I was ready to defend & attack. My gloved hand & the metallic bracelet attached to the white glove started to glow a light blue. Some of the Pokemon began charging at us, with a dark, eerie, possessed look in their eyes.​

Some Pokemon, I telekinetically deflected, either backwards, or off to the side. Others, I avoided either by leaping up & out of the way, teleporting nearby, or rapidly floating to the side. But...there were just so many of them. But, as the fray intensified, so did my power. My eyes glowing in a manner that pierced through my cloaked face, the star-shaped necklace I was wearing glowing as well, and...Abraham's squinted & tightly shut eyes now also glowing, along with the Twistedspoon that was in one of my pockets...this psychic duo was now rising to the challenge.​

At this point, the Twistedspoon had now been teleported from it's location in my pocket, onto the Abra's hand, almost as if Abraham was doing his best to aid me telepathically. Like...a Helping Hand. With this, I started trying to fend off the possessed Pokemon army, knowing that they were now beyond anyone's help, having been possessed by certain death. I knew I had to stop them...somehow get the Missigno GHOST's out of them...and somehow, stop the GHOST's themselves, as seemingly invincible & deadly as they are. At some point, I noticed...that through the opaque thickness of the storm clouds...something bright shined in the night sky...something was hovering or flying far above the clouds.​

<actual situation unfolding below, not in report>

A comet leaving bright blue entrails flies past the Kanto region, sailing above the storm clouds situated over the Mount Moon/Cerulean area.

Suddenly, the comet detects the proximity to Mount Moon, a strong lightning source in the storm clouds, and the presence of Abraham & I far below.

Back down on the ground, a really fast spherical Pokemon possessed by a Missigno GHOST rolls right into Abraham & Axis, before they could dodge in time.

Abraham & Axis both get knocked aside, and apart from each other.

Something flies out of one of Axis' pockets, into a nearby lake...it was a PokeBall...and someone was inside it.

Abraham weakly clutches his Twistedspoon whilst on the ground, and tries to weakly raise his hand, almost as if pointing the spoon upwards.

Axis, also on the muddy ground, trying to recover from the sudden stunning pain, tries to reach out towards Abraham, pointing his gloved hand at the fox.

Suddenly, a lightning strike starts, and connects with multiple points.

The lightning connects from it's storm cloud to the comet flying above, then to an energy field in Mount Moon, then finally...striking the ground in two places right where Abraham, Axis, and the Pokemon army were.

The first place was Abraham himself... not actually damaging him, but...triggering some sort of transformation...a forced evolution, but...in resonance with being connected to the comet up above.

The other place was the lake, right where the submerged PokeBall lay on the riverbed, causing the PokeBall to explode, and the Pokemon inside of it to emerge, and begin evolving too.

Abraham's body went through a drastic transformation, changing from a small 3 foot Abra...into a more humanoid, 5 foot tall Kadabra, as the comet detected a mutation in Abraham's DNA as a result of Nuzlocke Disorder having reawakened something in it...something that would allow the Pokemon to re-activate a long lost series of humanoid features in Pokemon...Abraham's legs & general body structure forcing their way into an upright, strictly bipedal & digitigrade form, his tail becoming thicker & fluffier, his snout becoming a bit more pronounced, his eyes now opening & glowing brightly, a series of red stripes forming on his abdominal area, and a blue, four-pointed star forming on his forehead.

The Pokemon inside the lake was Aquos...going from a small, weak, innocuous Magikarp...into something much more...the comet's power, activated by the lunar energy from Mount Moon, and propagated through the lightning strike, had begun transforming Aquos as well...the comet was answering Aquos' pipe dreams of evolving into something humanoid & powerful like Nikolai & the Black Belt from before, as well as answering something that had changed in his DNA due to his strain of Nuzlocke Disorder.

The transformation begun assuming a shape for the Pokemon which would primarily bypass & disregard the natural form of Aquos' intended biological evolution, whilst still trying to maintain some semblance & features from said original evolved form.

Once the lightning & blindingly light had passed, the remaining possessed Pokemon that had not fallen to the lightning strike or the blast of light that ensued, had all been vacated of their possessed states, either dying instantly from possession, or being spared of death & simply fleeing elsewhere.

The Missigno GHOST's that chose to stay behind now confronted the newly evolved Abraham, who was now levitating & floating before them.

Aquos, also having completed the mystical evolution that had just unfolded, emerged from the lake, propelled his newfound humanoid (albeit still serpentine) & well-built body out of the lake with the help of water & the rain, and joined Abraham in confronting the seemingly invincible GHOST's that stood before them.

With the comet still answering to the team's distress situation, it empowered the anthropomorphic Kadabra & Gyarados with a level of energy not attainable by any other means in any Pokemon.

Both Pokemon's eyes glowed in a blue color similar to the comet above, and they attacked right away.

Aquos fired what seemed to be a triad of water blasts, two from his hands, and one from his now dragon-like maw...the trio of water blasts twisting & forming a much bigger blast, then struck at the GHOSTs.

Abraham contributed to this by firing off an electrical surge of energy from his new forehead star, combined with a blast of some sort of strong psychic attack, weaving around the water blast.

Somehow, the water, electric, and psychic attack had somehow managed to penetrate, hurt, and destroy the Missigno GHOST's, all of which screeched & screamed in an ear-rattling super high frequency, before dissipating & evaporating into nothing, after another blinding explosion of light occurred.

When all of the violence & tension finally calmed down, the rain ceased, and the storm clouds began to part.

Abraham, Aquos, and Axis were now all alone, as something fell down from the now slightly visible night sky with a twinkle.

A small piece had fallen off of the comet that had helped all of tonight's heroic events unfold.

When it came close to the ground, it's fall slowed to a gentle float, as it descended upon Abraham, who caught it right in his grasp & clutched it along with his Twistedspoon.

Axis was barely conscious through all of this, but was still able to clearly witness all of it.

Abraham, now much more powerful, tested out his newfound power with his Twistedspoon & the blue Comet Shard he had just found.

Something in him sensed that the blue gem he had found was part of the ethereal comet that had helped saved the team tonight, and was a piece of the comet that was meant to be bestowed upon him.

Abraham proceeded to try to combine the spoon & the gem in some way, and with a bit of effort from his psychic powers, he successfully fused the gem onto the head of his Twistedspoon, the two mystical objects now as one.

Abraham & Aquos noticed their trainer on the ground, and came to his aid.

The psychic fox sensed Axis' perfectly stable state, and reassured the dragon fish all was well with their cloaked leader.

Abraham grabbed Axis' gloved hand, combined psychic powers, and successfully teleported all three of them back into the safety of the hotel room where the rest of the team was still sound asleep.

<to be continued>

Last edited:

AxisVactaire

Nuzlockologist
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 5, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
Electric, Psychic
<resuming actual situation, not in report>

Abraham & Aquos, covered in mud, grass, dirt, and rain, washed themselves out in the bathroom in their hotel room...and then soon realized...they both needed something to wear, now that they have assumed a humanoid Pokemon form. Neither of them had figured out why yet, but they simply shrugged it off for the moment, and went through Axis' backpack, then the Pokemon Center itself...whilst everyone else was still fast asleep.

Aquos found a set of clean (but abandoned) swimming shorts in a laundry room, while Abraham found a set of light blue pants perfect for his form, which was comparably skinnier than Aquos'.

Abraham had no clue how to get his tail through the pants, even after making a hole which was only small enough for the base of his tail...but he suddenly figured out an idea, and tried it out. He simply teleported these newfound pants onto him, and somehow it worked. Aquos was quite amused & impressed by this psychic feat.

Aquos then started to question Abraham & his new bodies...in one instance, the Gyarados questioned why Kadabra's feet were simply didactyl in nature, yet his own were perfectly humanoid (given that he was a Pokemon). Neither of them were really sure why their bodies had evolved to have become inexplicably anthropomorphic, but then simply concluded for the moment that perhaps whatever happened earlier may something to do with it. They both wondered/hoped if Axis would know more about this, but decided to let him sleep for the rest of the night, and quietly thanking him for his selfless decisions on taking them in as their younger, weaker, smaller selves.

Abraham & Aquos, tired & drained from their long & hard fought battle, decided to call it a night as well.

<end actual situation, continue report>

11-27-2010 9:30 AM (Axis' perspective)

After what felt like an eternity, I woke up after what I thought was a dream at first. The first sight I was greeted by was a pair of purple eyes on a peppy, happy psychic fox who was overjoyed to see I was finally awake. I greeted him back, remembering it was Abraham...since he had just recently evolved.​

What I wasn't ready for was when I turned my head towards who was coming out of the bathroom, suddenly I saw a much taller figure, taller than Abraham, and taller than even me (Aquos now at a height of around 6 feet). I was the first to let out a startled noise, the taller serpentine figure letting out a squeak, causing Abraham to let out an astonished yip, and we all exchanged startled noises, before all yelling simultaneously in unison, almost as if out of some sort of comedy movie. Thank goodness Abraham hung the Do Not Disturb sign on the doorknob outside our hotel room.​

After a moment of odd silence after the startled noises, and a bit of exchanging words, the entire picture had become clear to me. Abraham & Aquos had both evolved in the middle of the fight against the wild Pokemon (possessed by the Missigno GHOSTs) who had emerged from Cerulean Cave, and ambushed/surrounded us. Apparently I had left Aquos in his PokeBall & in my pocket, much to my ignorance...which was why he was with us, even though I thought I had left him back here with Nikolai & Scorch.​

All four of them were chatting yesterday, getting to really know each other now, especially with Abraham & Aquos suddenly looking different...and talking like humans now, just like Nikolai, Scorch, and I. The team simply hung out in the hotel room for the entirety of yesterday, whilst keep a close eye on me as I was asleep the whole time.​

I noticed my entire outfit (my cloak, my shirt, my pants, everything) was clean & spotless, as if the events from the other night had not unfolded at all. Abraham explained why, and apparently his psychic powers had been amplified beyond anything I would've ever imagined possible...he telekinetically cleaned everything I was wearing...by simply teleporting all the dirtiness away. Having evolved, particularly in the mystical fashion he did, wielding his Twistedspoon, and now fashioning this blue gem onto it (a gem Abraham explains fell from a comet that flew past during the storm & fight, and had helped empowering Aquos & him by evolving both of them, and giving them the power to successfully fend of the Missigno GHOSTs), apparently Abraham's psychic powers were much more than ever before...almost equal to mine even.​

Abraham asked me if I could help him tame, control, and master his sudden newfound amazing magnitude of psychic power, and I instantly obliged. A fellow psychic to help out, take care of, and have alongside me...who would I be to say 'no'?​

Aquos then asked me a favor of his own. He found out yesterday Scorch named him. While Aquos is OK with his current name being used as a nickname, an informal alias, and just an easier name to go by...he requested that his actual, formal name be something different...complete with a surname too.​

A bit of thinking...and it hit me (almost as hard as I know someone of his species can hit). I bequeathed the bipedal dragon fish a name I knew he would be more than satisfied with.​

'Quinlan Oceanside'​

Fitting of the humanoid Gyarados, Quinlan gently hissed happily as he embraced his new name, shaking my hand...but then hugging me soon after. I have to admit...going from a pedestrian fish tank candidate, to some sort of muscular anthropomorphic serpent, must be one hell of an evolution. And I have this odd feeling it must really be one anomaly of a transformation...as it is nothing like what was described to me back at the Mount Moon Pokemon Center.​

So many more questions, just from the other night alone. So much research & studies I will now have to sit down & conduct. But at least...I have my team with me to help me out, every step of the way.​

Abraham seems to now understand everything that is going on, as far as me & the real reason why I am here in the Kanto region. He has decided to offer me assistance in my research work, now that he caught himself up to speed. Throughout the entire day that the team stayed in the hotel room yesterday, Abraham was able to read over & learn everything I have done so far, in the study of...Nuzlockology.​

<end report>​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)