• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Want to get a banner into the adspace for yourself? Submissions for new banners are open until September 30th!
  • The Writer's Locke has released it's final episode! Come celebrate a fantastic project with it's last hoo-rah.
  • This month's feature has an ANIMATED TRAILER and a backpack shaped like a spheal, what more could you ask for? Read Endurance: In Our Blood by purplechug!
  • The Hidden Gems Showcase (2022) is now closed. Thank you all who turned out this year! You can find all the cool content that got featured here. I hope you find a new gem to read!
  • Check out the Nuzlocke Forums Fundraiser 2022 to see how you can help support the forums, earn new badges, and more! Goal: $310/$1500
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Collaborative Mixed Media General Nuzlocke Zine

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
signups are closed! we hope to create a great zine for you all!

Arowana

fish
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2021
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon likes to follow their whims wherever they may take them.
I had a dream that I made a Nuzlocke zine, and now I'm turning it into reality! I've been thinking about this for quite a while now, and I think that the dream is a sign I should push through with it, haha.

CURRENT MODS: me, @Vivace, and @CyanideCrystal

What's a zine?
A zine is an indie-made magazine, typically collaborative nowadays, that centers around a particular fandom or topic. In this case, the zine will be a collaborative endeavor regarding Nuzlocke fan runs. Yes, you can draw or write about your own Nuzlocke run here!

But what if I don't have my own Nuzlocke run?
That's okay! You can still help out and contribute to the zine in several ways, such as helping out other contributors or making fanwork based on a run that isn't yours. Please see this post in the thread for more information.

What if a lot of people want to create a lot of fanworks for one run?
There will be a maximum of three* full pieces for any single run. This limit is subject to discussion depending on the pieces made for a run (ex. only one written one-shot or comic is allowed for any single run, spreads will count as having "two" pieces, etc) so please let us know what you want to do.

*The three pieces do not include the illustration for the group shot.

Does the Nuzlocke run have to be published, or can a contributor make a piece for a run still in the works?
We are planning on directly linking to the runs within the zine itself, so we're requiring the featured runs to have at least one published update (like a page if it's a comic or a chapter if it's a storylocke) by the time of the zine's release. That means we will allow runs that are still in the works provided that they have at least one published update by November 30!

Is this a one-time project, or will it be done again in the future?
For now, this is a one-time project! We will consider having additional volumes after this project is over, and probably not for a year or so. Gotta give everyone time to relax, y'know?

Is the zine for charity or profit? Do we have to pay for the zine?
The zine will be a free zine, meaning:
  • there will be no formal selection of contributors; anyone who signs up as a contributor will be accepted into the zine
  • the final zine will be a free printable PDF to download when it's done
  • all contributors can immediately post their pieces as soon as the final zine is released to the public
What kind of contributions can I do for the zine?
The zine will allow artists and writers to join as contributors. If there's interest for screenshot editors, I can definitely consider including them as well! Though, tbh I'm not quite sure about the legal implications of using edited Pokémon screenshots in a zine. We'll see.

Artists will be allowed to do any of the following:
  • a full illustration
  • a comic
  • spot illustrations
  • digital merch (if there's interest)
  • collaborating with another artist
  • helping out writers with illustrations for their fics/group shots
Writers will be allowed to do any of the following:
  • one-shots ranging from a certain word count
  • worldbuilding-based pieces (ex. an encyclopedia entry based on the world of a particular Nuzlocke run)
  • poetry
  • writing a script for a 5-7 min podcast as digital merch
  • writing meta-based pieces (i.e. meta-analysis on rulesets, trends in the community, etc)
  • betareading/proofreading for another writer
  • collaborating with another writer
  • collaborating with an artist to write fics based on their illustrations
You can do both art and writing, if you'd like.

What's the maturity rating for the zine?
PG13 please. If there's any need for content warnings (at least, for writing and one of the thematic sections) then we'll put a warning at the start of the fic/section.

Will there be any other restrictions/requirements for the zine?
After some debate, we have decided on the following requirements:
  • Art for the zine must be in 300 DPI
    • This is so that in case there are people who'd like to print out the zine, it's doable
    • We are 100% willing to teach artists how to change DPI in their art program, 95% of drawing apps allow it
  • Traditional art must be scanned or photographed in bright lighting without shadow
    • In case scanning or well-lit photographs are not possible, please let us know; we could try to do some photo-editing to ensure that the artwork looks its best
  • Comics are given a maximum of 6 whole pages (number subject to change)
  • Writing must be properly proofread before publishing
    • no misspellings, no confusing grammatical errors, etc
  • Written prose must be within a specific word count (to be decided by the interest check)
In the case these requirements feel too restrictive, we will have a "sketch section" where anyone can submit doodles, writing snippets, and whatnot without any fear of rejection*

*granted that you follow the maturity ratings for the zine

Does the zine have any themes other than being based on Nuzlocke runs?
The zine will have various sections related to various themes. The current list of themes (subject to change) includes Journey, Battle, Relationships (of all kinds), Angst, Worldbuilding, and Meta.

An explanation for the themes can be found here:

🐾 JOURNEY — A section all about what it's like to set forth on a path away from home. Some prompts for the journey-based contributor:
  • What have you encountered on your travels? Any exciting moments and events you'd like to share?
  • Did you chance upon any strange artifacts on the way?
  • Did you have some nice meals in some nice places?
  • Did you ever get lost?
💥 BATTLE — A section showing the action and fights you've experienced. This section may contain (mild) violence. Some prompts for the battle-based contributor:
  • What's the coolest fight you've ever experienced, even if you were just on the sidelines?
  • Is there anyone whose fight-style you'd like to imitate or overcome?
  • What have you done to make yourself stronger, and what are you willing to do in order to win?
💕RELATIONSHIPS — A section dedicated to all sorts of relationships, whether romantic or not. Some prompts for the relationship-based contributor:
  • What kind of home were you raised in?
  • What kind of team do you have?
  • Who would you consider your best friend, your worst enemy, your greatest rival? What makes this relationship special to you?
  • What kinds of loves matter to you?
  • Is there anyone you dream of, and what do you do with those desires?
💔 ANGST — A section all about the hardest parts of Nuzlockes: death, tragic backstories, and things falling apart. If there's any need for content warnings, this section would have warnings for (mild) violence, death, and run spoilers. Some prompts for the angst-based contributor:
  • If you were to write an obituary for someone, what would you write?
  • Who do you miss the most?
  • What didn't kill you, and did it make you stronger?
🌏 WORLDBUILDING — A section showing the wonderful world you've created. Some prompts for the world-based contributor:
  • What makes this world special? Is there magic?
  • What festivals, holidays, and events happen in the world?
  • Are there any places that are particularly special in your world?
  • What about the biology of Pokémon? How do they work?
  • How did the world create the character that you are now?
🎮 META — A section dedicated to talking about what makes Nuzlockes tick and other meta discussions. Some prompts for the meta-based contributor:
  • Are there any common trends and themes in the Nuzlocke community? Perhaps a discussion of common tropes in various stories?
  • What rules and rulesets are commonly found, and which games are more popular?

Each section will have a cover page with a quote (preferably from Nuzlocke runs) regarding the theme of the section. We'll be sourcing quotes from you guys later on when we're collecting what themes and pieces you'd like to do for the zine.

Can I help be a mod for the zine?
YES please I would appreciate it, just post down below or message me here! We've got three mods already, you can still sign up to be a mod but it's not that urgent anymore, thank you :)

Is there anything else I need to know?
I'll be opening a Discord server for the zine once contributor applications are open. If you have a Nuzlocke Forums account, you will not be required to join the server. However, it is highly encouraged to join as we'll be doing most of our announcements/discussion in there after contributor sign-ups finish..

In case there are other questions, I'll add them here in the post. Did you know that when I first made this thread, I completely forgot that spoiler boxes exist

TENTATIVE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
DatesEvents
June 9 - 19Interest Check (Results can be found here!)
June 20 - July 24Contributor Sign-Ups (please take note that everyone who signs up will be accepted, you can start working on your piece as soon as you've been accepted!)
July 24 - Oct 30Creation Phase
August 28Check-in 1
September 25Check-in 2
October 31Final Pieces Due
Nov 1 - 29Formatting
November 30Release

Please note that these dates are subject to change depending on the contributors' welfare.

Contributor signups are currently closed, but you may signup as a backup!

Also, we're allowing contributors to draw/write for runs that aren't their own (i.e. create fanworks based on other runs) on the condition that the owner of the runs have given permission to do so. Please fill out the Google Sheet link below if you are okay with others creating zine contributions based on your runs:

Google Sheet link for whether you're ok with fanworks or not
(the link is editable by anyone, please do not edit others' rows)
Thanks for checking this out!

Last edited:

Vivace

Designated Meganium Defender
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Brave
Pronouns
He/Him / They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Fighting
Pokédex Entry
The Lad Pokemon, Vivace's main powers are photoshop and chatting shit. Manages the unofficial nuzlocke football team.
I’m interested in being a mod for the project, and VERY interested in the project itself! This looks like fantastic fun to me.

OP
Arowana

Arowana

fish
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2021
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Hi, thanks, @Vivace for your interest :D I'll contact you on Discord later

Anyway, sorry for posting twice on the same day, but this is a pretty important addition that I'm not sure how to fit into the original post just yet (also, this might be a good place for moving the FAQ once things start getting heavy)

One of the things I wanted was for contributors without personal Nuzlocke runs to still be able to contribute to the zine. One of the ways I suggested in the forms is for them to create fanart or fanfiction based on others' runs. However, I'm not sure if everyone would be comfortable with fanart or fanfiction made by others.

Based on a suggestion I received in the interest check, I made a Google Sheet that allows you to list down your name and state whether you're okay with fanworks or not. Seems like the easiest way for everyone involved. If you don't list your name here, we will assume you do not want others to make fanart/fanfiction.

Google Sheet link for whether you're ok with fanworks or not
(the link is editable by anyone, please do not edit others' rows)​

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
I don't know if I can commit to a mod, but I'd love to help out if I can--beta-reading written submissions, if needed?

DIO

🍷 The Invader 🍷
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Naughty
Pokémon Type
  1. Flying
  2. Beautiful
Pokédex Entry
You were expecting an unfunny Pokédex entry here, but it was me, Dio!
Do we have to join the Discord server or can we just communicate through DMs? I'm a Squidward.

Vixenkiba

Dr. Rockstar
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 19, 2020
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
Any/all
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Ground
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon can be found in volcanic areas, using a combination of strong magnetic waves to float and heavy seismic tremors to attack.
Very interested in joining as contributor! Filled in the interest check and google forms ~

I was wondering though if there will be more specifics later on to what we can draw/write? Will there be subjects or some overhanging theme to add things together (festival, battles, journeying), or will it be “do whatever you want”? :)

pinkshellos

just a sea slug
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates them more than companionship is food.
the nuz zine! it's here!
I'm super interested!! as both an artist and writer (and specifically an artist who is a bit averse to large/complicated/time intensive drawing projects, whoops) I'd love to contribute a small piece of writing and a small piece of art such as spot art/margin art. I'll defo be lurking in the zine discord once it's up!

I also have some ideas I forgot to submit with the interest check!
  • @Vixenkiba mentioning subjects/theme(s) got me thinking that having different sections based around different aspects that a lot of runs have in common (traveling, battling, friendship?, rivals??, villains???, pokemon) would be really fun. It would provide some direction and potential inspiration - like if someone looks through the sections and says "oh wow, I have a really great idea for an art piece about traveling"
  • Having a series of pages, one for each mainline(?) region, showcasing the main characters from runs taking place in that region like a big group photo! I just think having group shots like that would be really fun and I'd be willing to do one or two extra character drawings for people with other XY runs.
  • Twitch/Discord emojis sound super cute/fun omg

OP
Arowana

Arowana

fish
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2021
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Oh, wow, so many responses overnight!! Thank you all for the interest 🥺 we hope to live up to your expectations!!

First, let's answer some of the questions that we've received in the interest check:

What's the maturity rating for the zine?
PG13 please. If there's any need for content warnings (at least, for writing and one of the thematic sections) then we'll put a warning at the start of the fic/section.

Will there be any other restrictions/requirements for the zine?
After some debate, we have decided on the following requirements:
  • Art for the zine must be in 300 DPI
    • This is so that in case there are people who'd like to print out the zine, it's doable
    • We are 100% willing to teach artists how to change DPI in their art program, 95% of drawing apps allow it
  • Traditional art must be scanned or photographed in bright lighting without shadow
    • In case scanning or well-lit photographs are not possible, please let us know; we could try to do some photo-editing to ensure that the artwork looks its best
  • Comics are given a maximum of 6 whole pages (number subject to change)
  • Writing must be properly proofread before publishing
    • no misspellings, no confusing grammatical errors, etc
  • Written prose must be within a specific word count (to be decided by the interest check)
In the case these requirements feel too restrictive, we will have a "sketch section" where anyone can submit doodles, writing snippets, and whatnot without any fear of rejection*

*granted that you follow the maturity ratings for the zine

And then answering replies!!

I don't know if I can commit to a mod, but I'd love to help out if I can--beta-reading written submissions, if needed?
That would be really nice!! We'd definitely appreciate having another pair of eyes for beta-reading :D

Do we have to join the Discord server or can we just communicate through DMs? I'm a Squidward.
After a bit of debate, we have decided that we will not require all contributors to join the Discord server/channel as long as they are willing to communicate via DMs. We're considering asking the Nuzlocke discord mods for a channel/section of our own if it's easier for everyone involved.

I was wondering though if there will be more specifics later on to what we can draw/write? Will there be subjects or some overhanging theme to add things together (festival, battles, journeying), or will it be “do whatever you want”? :)

@Vixenkiba mentioning subjects/theme(s) got me thinking that having different sections based around different aspects that a lot of runs have in common (traveling, battling, friendship?, rivals??, villains???, pokemon) would be really fun. It would provide some direction and potential inspiration - like if someone looks through the sections and says "oh wow, I have a really great idea for an art piece about traveling"
Okay, so I'm really liking this idea, we're definitely including it now :D The zine will have various sections related to various themes. The current list of themes (subject to change) includes Journey, Battle, Relationships (of all kinds), Angst, Worldbuilding, and Meta. Each section will have a cover page with a quote (preferably from Nuzlocke runs) regarding the theme of the section. We'll be sourcing from you guys later on when we're collecting what themes and pieces you'd like to do for the zine.

Having a series of pages, one for each mainline(?) region, showcasing the main characters from runs taking place in that region like a big group photo! I just think having group shots like that would be really fun and I'd be willing to do one or two extra character drawings for people with other XY runs.
Lastly, this is a fantastic idea and I'd love to see it happen!

I'll be adding all of the new information to the main post in the morning. There's actually quite a bit of really good suggestions in the interest check, we'll have to get to them later!

Thanks once again for replying and checking this out!! We're so excited to start working on it 🥰

Cyanide

gg ez
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 12, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Cool
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
Reads Nuzlockes to keep the pain of existance at bay.
Interested in contributing and moderating :) Answered the interest check as well :3 This is so cool.

OP
Arowana

Arowana

fish
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2021
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Interested in contributing and moderating :) Answered the interest check as well :3 This is so cool.
OMG, that's great! Will send you a DM in a bit.

Erberor

Who gave this bug a knife?
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
Exercise extreme caution: May stab in the feels and wiggle the knife.
This looks really cool and hype and it's very good and I like it and it's awesome and

Aight I'm gonna have to think about whether or not I've got space to be a mod for this, but I'm definitely interested in helping out... I'll let you know when I decide.

crashcrashcrash

More like trashtrashtrash, amiright
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 11, 2021
Nature
Brave
Pokémon Type
  1. Fighting
  2. Flying
aaaaaaaaaaa this is so cool !!! Thank you for running it, I'm very excited!

As of right now I'm unlikely to have the time to be a mod (though I'm open to it if possible?), but I just filled out the interest check and I'd love to be a contributor. Also like to second the idea of separating by sections based on themes, that will help generate ideas I think ^^ and

Having a series of pages, one for each mainline(?) region, showcasing the main characters from runs taking place in that region like a big group photo! I just think having group shots like that would be really fun and I'd be willing to do one or two extra character drawings for people with other XY runs.

THIS. This project has a lot of potential for collaborative/crossover content and it would be awesome to see that realized! Although I will say it here too (mentioned it on the interest check, but, for visibility) - lots of written runs don't have visual references for their characters, and in order for them not to be excluded from this, writers may have to work with artists to get those made for this purpose. I'm totally willing to do that - though visual art is not my forte haha - but would there be others available to offer that? Especially since the project seems very dedicated to bringing the two mediums together and emphasizing both of them.

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
We're considering asking the Nuzlocke discord mods for a channel/section of our own if it's easier for everyone involved.
If this is the route you choose to go, just know I'm already watching. It would mean people interacting in the channels are subject to forum rules, but that's a given anyway. It is easy to present it to the rest of the team to give you access to an event channel, threads, and a private channel for your mods for the duration of the event.

OP
Arowana

Arowana

fish
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2021
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Thanks, guys, for the support 🥺 I really really hope to give back a wonderful product for everyone once this is over.

I'm unlikely to have the time to be a mod (though I'm open to it if possible?), but I just filled out the interest check and I'd love to be a contributor.
We'd appreciate any effort you're willing to give 🥰 even being "just" a contributor is a lot of support for us, thank you!

Although I will say it here too (mentioned it on the interest check, but, for visibility) - lots of written runs don't have visual references for their characters, and in order for them not to be excluded from this, writers may have to work with artists to get those made for this purpose. I'm totally willing to do that - though visual art is not my forte haha - but would there be others available to offer that? Especially since the project seems very dedicated to bringing the two mediums together and emphasizing both of them.
That's certainly something we have on our minds, yeah. I can help draw for the non-artists as well, but hopefully we'd get a lot more artists who are willing to help us with this.

We're thinking about opening the contributor sign-ups outside the forums so that we can get more artists (and maybe writers?) on board for extra hands on deck. That said, we're not sure if we'd get much of a response. We'll still try though!

If this is the route you choose to go, just know I'm already watching. It would mean people interacting in the channels are subject to forum rules, but that's a given anyway. It is easy to present it to the rest of the team to give you access to an event channel, threads, and a private channel for your mods for the duration of the event.
We would definitely be following the forum rules, of course. That said, we're currently leaning towards having our own server so that we don't clog up the Nuzlocke server as we might need more than one or two channels 😅 we'll ask again during contributor sign-ups if ever, but as of the moment, we're probably pushing through with the personal server (though we'll be enforcing forum rules there, don't worry!)

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
(though we'll be enforcing forum rules there, don't worry!)
Hey, as long as nothing rule-breaking happens in forum territory itself, do whatever you want. Have fun. 😎

Swablu

:)
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 3, 2020
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Flying
This looks cool! Does the nuzlocke run have to be published, or can one make art on a run still in the works?

ACottontail

Johto League Champion
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 20, 2020
Nature
Timid
This seems interesting. But what kind stuff will be in the zine? Is it just a bunch of fanwork? Will there be articles analyzing nuzlockes and themes found in them?

pinkshellos

just a sea slug
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates them more than companionship is food.
Ooooh, I’ve only ever heard of zines being made up of fanwork, but nonfiction writing about nuzlockes sounds super interesting to me :0 it seems like there’s been an explosion in the popularity of nuzlockes in the past few years as more popular twitch streamers/youtubers/etc have done runs, having a little article about that (and any other topic about nuzlockes if someone thinks of some interesting ones) would be cool

OP
Arowana

Arowana

fish
Artist
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 15, 2021
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Dragon
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Last two days for the interest check and we're still getting replies, I'm so glad! Super excited to start the contributor sign-ups in about 36 hours!

This looks cool! Does the nuzlocke run have to be published, or can one make art on a run still in the works?
We are planning on directly linking to the runs within the zine itself, so we're requiring the featured runs to have at least one published update (like a page if it's a comic or a chapter if it's a storylocke) by the time of the zine's release. That means we will allow runs that are still in the works provided that they have at least one published update by November 30!

This seems interesting. But what kind stuff will be in the zine? Is it just a bunch of fanwork? Will there be articles analyzing nuzlockes and themes found in them?
Ooooh, I’ve only ever heard of zines being made up of fanwork, but nonfiction writing about nuzlockes sounds super interesting to me :0 it seems like there’s been an explosion in the popularity of nuzlockes in the past few years as more popular twitch streamers/youtubers/etc have done runs, having a little article about that (and any other topic about nuzlockes if someone thinks of some interesting ones) would be cool
We have a special themed section of the zine planned for just this sort of thing: Meta! So if anyone likes Nuzlocke analysis, they can submit those things here! Here's a snippet from our explanation on the various section themes (which we're going to post when the Contributor Sign-ups start) specifically for Meta:

META — A section dedicated to talking about what makes Nuzlockes tick and other meta discussions. Some prompts for the meta-based contributor:
  • Are there any common trends and themes in the Nuzlocke community? Perhaps a discussion of common tropes in various stories?
  • What rules and rulesets are commonly found, and which games are more popular?

Generally speaking though, most of the zine's content is based on fanworks; it's meant to be a celebration of the creativity shown in our community. The Meta section might even be taken out of the zine if no one decides to contribute any pieces for it. We're still hoping that people decide to contribute meta-based pieces though, because it would be very interesting to include in our zine!

And thanks once again! Very much looking forward to June 20!

pinkshellos

just a sea slug
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
Oh man, I’d love to do some stats, like break down what % of runs on the forums are comic vs written vs screenshot vs mixed media and rank the popularity of different rulesets buuuut that sounds like it could be a lot of work and change between when all pieces have to be completed & when the zine is actually published
I’ll make a decision about what I’ll be doing by the time contributor apps are out lol

question, is there a discord server/channel going for this project?

Users who are viewing this thread