• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Not one but two anonymous angels wanted to get the word out about a hidden gem of a comic, feraligatr's Dear Sergio. This Shield Nuzlocke follows Sergio and his best only friend Hop!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Nuzlocke Survivor: Johto - Signup Thread

Shup

nuzvivorman
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Ghost
"Thirty-nine days! Sixteen people! One survivor!"

Hey there Nuzvivor fans! It's been over a year since Season 2 ended, but we're finally back, and better than ever!! Hope you're all ready for Nuzlocke Survivor Season 3: Johto!

For those of you unfamiliar with the series, this is a Nuzlocke competition created and hosted by myself and brodioh, based on the reality gameshow Survivor. The basic idea of the show is as follows: 16-20 people are divided into tribes, and placed on an island or in an otherwise remote location, with no contact to the outside world. They must provide food, water, shelter, and other supplies for themselves in an effort to create a livable environment for the 39 days they will be there. Over the course of the game, each tribe will compete in challenges for rewards or immunity from elimination. The players are progressively eliminated from the game as they are voted out by their fellow tribemates, until only 1 remains. The final remaining player is declared the Sole Survivor, and wins the million dollar prize.

In Nuzlocke Survivor, our goal is to emulate the Survivor experience as best we can, and translate it into Pokemon/nuzlocking. Obviously it's not quite the same as the real thing, since we're all gonna be at home on our computers instead of on an island in Fiji, but the majority of the gameplay carries over very well!

This time around, we're going to be playing, funnily enough, a rom hack of a rom hack. For this season I've made my own custom version of diegoisawesome's Pokemon Crystal Dust, which is an Emerald hack that serves as a faithful recreation of Pokemon Crystal on a Generation 3 engine.

As usual, this is where you come in! We're looking for sixteen players to participate in our custom version of the game, and compete for the title of Sole Survivor!
For a bit more context, the way this competition will work is that the 16 players (who will be decided by randomizing a list of all the signups) will play through a rom hack of Crystal Dust made by myself with a bunch of new changes from the original game. Namely, all trainers have brand new teams, designed to be more challenging, and encounter tables have received a complete overhaul to include all 386 available Pokemon in Gen 3 across the span of the game (barring legendaries and ubers). Other changes include a completely new TM list, new level-up movesets for nearly every Pokemon, and various in-game text edits.

At the beginning of the game, the players will be divided into tribes. Throughout their playthroughs, players will regularly stop at set checkpoints in the game to compete in either a Reward Challenge, or an Immunity Challenge against the opposing tribe. These challenges can vary between Showdown battles with their in-game teams, challenges within their actual runs, or other custom challenges made by the hosts. When a tribe wins a Reward Challenge, they will earn various prizes, such as in-game items or advantages in the game. When a tribe wins an Immunity Challenge, they earn Tribal Immunity, and as such will not have to vote anyone out for that checkpoint. The tribe that loses the Immunity Challenge will have to go to Tribal Council, where they will discuss with the hosts and each other the dynamics of their tribe, the events of that checkpoint, and so on. After the discussion, each member of the tribe casts a vote for who should be eliminated from the game, and the player who receives the most votes is out of the competition.

During the game, all players will be required to join a Discord server. This is where all the social gameplay will occur. Here, they will be able to talk to their tribemates, make alliances, give confessionals to viewers, discuss votes, etc.

Each player's run will be documented in screenshot form, and posted to a main thread that will be created once sign ups are done. For each checkpoint, all players must post a substantial update showing the progress they have made, as well as a "check-in". A check-in is a screenshot showing that you have reached the required destination (and the steps taken to get there), as well as screenshots of the info/stats pages of Pokemon you would like to have available to use for challenges during that checkpoint. Unless stated otherwise, check-ins can usually include up to 9 Pokemon. These 9 will be the only Pokemon you are allowed to use for that given checkpoint's challenges.

About halfway through the competition, the tribes will merge into one, and the game becomes individual. This means that everyone will go to Tribal Council after an Immunity Challenge. The player who won the previous Immunity Challenge earns Individual Immunity and cannot be voted out for that specific Tribal Council. Rewards will also be individual. Around this point, the jury will also begin to form, made up of all the players eliminated during the merge. This will continue until there are only 2 players remaining.

Once the final 2 is reached, Final Tribal Council will occur. During FTC, the remaining 2 players will plead their case to the jury as to why they deserve to win the game. Each member of the jury will then vote on who they want to win. The player who receives the most votes is declared Sole Survivor.
The only requirements to sign-up are as follows:
- Must have an account on the Nuzlocke Forums and Discord
- Must know how or be willing to learn how to use a GBA emulator
- Must know how or be willing to learn how to do a screenshot run
- Must know how or be willing to learn how to use certain hacking programs such as PKHeX and Ciro's Pokemon Maker

One important thing to note about this game is that it will be somewhat of a time commitment. We're expect this event to last roughly a month and a half or so. You don't need to be online 24/7 of course, but we expect you to be as active as you reasonably can be for the duration of your time in the competition. If we find that you are not meeting the minimum requirements, we reserve the right to remove you from the game and have a substitute take your place. Of course, real life takes priority, and we are willing to work around short periods of time where you may be unavailable, but you must let us know about them in advance. If this does not seem doable to you, then we urge you to reconsider signing up.

Also, Nuzlocke Survivor is more than just a Nuzlocke run. Your interactions with other players in the discord are essentially what the real game is. While your in-game run is important as well, if you're not participating in the social aspect of the game, I can guarantee you will not win. Please keep this in mind. We'll be hosting a Q&A in the discord server before the game begins to help with any questions or concerns you might have!

So that's about it! More details/rules will be provided once the game begins. If you're interested in participating, then let us know by posting in this thread, and also join the discord we'll be using for the season! Signups will be open for one week, until July 23rd. Spectators are also highly encouraged to join! It's honestly very fun to watch. And if you want to see how Nuzvivors Kanto and Hoenn went, make sure to check out the #previous-seasons channel in the server. We'll be prioritizing newcomers over anyone who has played before, but anyone is welcome to sign up.

Brody and I as well as our new helper team have put a massive amount of effort into making Season 3 even better than its predecessors, so we'd really love it if you'd consider joining! Thanks!

Last edited:

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
I'll join, I'm redninjapuffle on discord and I'm already in the server
I have used visualboy advance before, I also know how to connect a game to a hack
I know how to do a screenshot run, I use shareX
I will learn PKHeX and other hacking programs if needed

MyztixSoundZ

Princess Mononobrains
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
You can call me anything as long as you call me yours ;)
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Ghost, Beautiful, ???
Pokédex Entry
I will haunt your heart till undeath <3
Owo what’s this? *notices thread* I would like to join nuzvwiver Johtowo hehe nyaaa~~~ ^0^/

lapis

Derp
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 11, 2021
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Dark, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
gay nb girl do criminal activities

EeveeFTW

The man, the myth, the Eevee
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 23, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Normal
oh boy a thing I can sign up for hopefully nothing goes terribly wrong

Megurine Suika

The fool that runs towards the past
Globetrotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 7, 2019
Nature
Serious
Pronouns
They/them
Pokémon Type
Bug, Dragon
I want to sign up. I know how to do all of that thing, and shup is the no-fun zone. Workers of the world, unite.

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark
Pokédex Entry
I'd copy-paste the Zorua Pokedex entry, but I'm too lazy.
I am here to act like a stupider Russell Hantz and make bad memes

Sign me up

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Water, Dragon

greenchu

Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 3, 2020
I'm probably too busy to play this time around so I'll just be viewing. I can be a backup in case of an extreme emergency when literally no one else is available to fill in, I guess.

Six

AKA Cadence
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Clever, ???
Pokédex Entry
It uses its hefty bulk to execute powerful moves
yeah sure why not. I might as well be a newcomer, I barely remember what happened yesterday, let alone a year ago.

Flop disc

Johto League Champion
🌱Featurer
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
Normal, Poison
LET ME IN LET ME IN

NUZVIVORRRRR

KirbySSU

Unova Veteran (Though Not In Nuzlockes)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 10, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him/They/Them
Pokémon Type
Electric, Steel
Pokédex Entry
Likes Kirby, perhaps a bit too much.
I’m willing to gamer sign me up

Raderph

A Radical Earthling
Globetrotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Grass
If there is still room, and if you'll still have me, then I'm in for this.

(Raderph#7056)

11wildy

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 9, 2020
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Dark
This seems fun and I like Johto a lot, so lets gooooo! Time to create some chaos again >:)

SprungGeoduck

Conqueror of the Cinnabar Gym
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
Electric, Beautiful
if anyone asks why i decided to do this when the busiest two months of my working year are about to start... blame snek

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)