• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • 🎊🎊🎊 Happy Nuzyear! The 11th annual Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza has closed, but you can find the user promotionals HERE and the final results HERE Go read all about these cool runs!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Nuzlocke Nuzlocke Ideas and Concepts You'd Like to See

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
We all have too many ideas and not enough time, so maybe someone else might wanna do 'em? Or better yet, already has?

Sheepscope

Johto League Champion
Hacker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
A bed, with wall-to-wall books and a papery carpet
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
If I worry about my gender identity, it just confuses me, so I'm good with the three main ones. I just may correct a "he," though, but I take no offense from it.
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Poison
Pokédex Entry
Constantly in search of the highest challenge, this person takes up the most impractical rulesets.
I had something I wanted to add last night, but I've forgotten it, so here's this:

FB_IMG_1637333544474.png

A plot or a lore dump on how money works in the Pokemon universe? Irl this would collapse economies faster than mass counterfeiting.

Pale smoke

Gender, who's that?
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 11, 2020
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/they
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Steel
I got this off an idea from Tumblr but: A Nuzlocke where the story is of a sitcom that slowly devolves into madness as some of the characters slowly die or disappear from existence
I planned on doing this originally but I'm already procrastinating on my other 3 Nuzlocke's

Mr Spaz

I caught the big– OH SHIT
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 6, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him/It
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dark
  3. Flying
  4. Psychic
A Lorelocke of Colosseum/XD where the method for making Shadow Pokemon is to just shove ancient spirits into the Pokemon (make up some bs about how that makes them more violent), and those spirits are where the Lore rules come from. Jury's out on how it'll work for Umbreon and Espeon, though

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
I think it says something about my nuzlocke obsession that thirteen minutes into watching Encanto, it's occurred to me that it could be the premise of a gijinka nuzlocke, where the Pokemon powers are magical gifts and the 'trainer' stand-in is the only one without a gift.

CandidCantrip

Conqueror of the Pewter Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 6, 2022
I'm in the middle of a Movelocke. Every time the game asks if my Pokemon wants to learn a new move, I must answer yes. Even for moves like Helping Hand.

The move it replaces is determined at random with a 4-sided die. This has resulted in some interesting conundrums, like a Pokemon learning Rest, then learning Sleep Talk but overwriting the Rest move it just learned. I had a Staravia that forgot all its offensive moves.

For TMs and HMs, the rules vary from game to game.

If games where TMs break: I roll a 4-sided die, on a 4 I can use the TM if I choose.
In games where TMs are reusable: roll the 4-sided die, plus only one Pokemon can learn the TM; but they die, it can be taught again.
In games with HMs: the HMs can be taught at will. Also, you can choose which move they're replacing, instead of rolling for it. So even though TMs are a pain, at least you could benefit by replacing Self-Destruct with Strength or whatever.

estralita

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 19, 2019
Pronouns
she/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Fairy
A tongue-in-cheek "Friendship" themed run where all of your Pokemon evolve through friendship, that riffs on the power of friendship and how it works in game and in stories (for example, defeating people means you become their friend, so to make the most friends, you need to battle everyone in sight)

This would probably work best as a screenshot run, but I'm still waffling how the ruleset could best convey the theme.

DreamNotePrincess

Creative Writer with a BIG Imagination
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 16, 2021
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Has a lot of imagination for stories! Could never stop writing!
Okay! Time for me to share a Nuzlocke idea that I would love to see. I'm not sure if anyone has done this, but I would love to see a crossover Nuzlocke run. It's basically any Nuzlocke run, but the protagonist/trainer is just someone from another media (Example: Luz from The Owl House, Anne from Amphibia, or Gregory from FNAF:SB). You can have them interact with other main Pokemon characters or replace the gym leaders and/or with another character from that specific media.

I would do that one day, but too anxious to share.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Loves music, worldbuilding, anthropomorphism, horrible puns, and Masquerain.
Okay! Time for me to share a Nuzlocke idea that I would love to see. I'm not sure if anyone has done this, but I would love to see a crossover Nuzlocke run. It's basically any Nuzlocke run, but the protagonist/trainer is just someone from another media (Example: Luz from The Owl House, Anne from Amphibia, or Gregory from FNAF:SB). You can have them interact with other main Pokemon characters or replace the gym leaders and/or with another character from that specific media.

I would do that one day, but too anxious to share.
Duly noted. (Although what I've got planned is a bit different because the crossover 'protagonist' isn't actually the trainer...)

Users who are viewing this thread