• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • No paparazzi clickbait here! Just a good old fashioned feature with exactly zero gossip about celebrities' love lives. Honest.Check out our spotlight of Rhema's storylocke, As Above, So Below.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!
  • The results are in for the Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza! Congratulations to everyone that placed this year!

• Episode Nine of The Writer's Locke podcast is now available for stream or download! This episode contains a discussion segment on gjinka nuzlockes, as well as the continuations of all our fabulous featured stories.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.

Nuzlocke Hall of Fame

Thread Description
We are the champions...

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.
Guess I should start bringing my teams over from the old forums:
The survivors:

Dimitri the Sceptile
Giga Drain/Leaf Blade/Slam/Brick Break
Met at L. 5, currently L. 53
I've always loved Treecko and hated the other two starters, so picking Dimitri was an easy decision, and I'm so happy I did. People say Treecko's hard to use, but I'd have to disagree-I never had to worry, he never came close to falling. He took down Roxanne, the twins, and Wallace, and was one of my MVPs of the E5, nearly soloing Sidney (if only Absol didn't know Aerial Ace) and taking out two of Steven's 'mons. I don't care what anyone says, Treecko will always be my favorite Gen 3 starter, and Dimitri is a perfect example of why.

Belle the Tentacruel
Surf/Ice Beam/Sludge Bomb/Secret Power
When I fished Belle up in Dewford, I was a little skeptical, because she didn't have great moves and I'd never used Tentacool before. But I thought I'd give her a chance, and even though it took a while (no Water moves until 25), I'm extremely happy I did. She doused Flannery, survived a crit Earthquake from Winona's Altaria with 2 HP and then crit Ice Beamed it down, and shared E5 MVP title with Dimitri, soloing Drake and trashing two of Steven's team. Thanks to Belle, I've gained a ton of respect for Tentacruel.

Natalie the Camerupt
Eruption/Strength/Rock Slide/Earthquake
Met at L. 16, currently L. 53
I knew Numel/Camerupt were powerful 'mons, so when I found Natalie, I happily added her to my team. Although she didn't see any action in the gyms, she was always a reliable teammate, and did her share in the E5, taking down Sableye, Glacia's Ice-types, and she scored the final blow against Metagross, winning the run. She definitely surpassed my expectations, even if she wasn't in the spotlight as much as the others.

Vince the Electrode
Thunderbolt/Toxic/Swift/Flash
Met at L. 24, currently L. 53
Voltorb/Electrode were also 'mons I'd never used, but when I found Vince, I quickly put him on my team so Dimitri wouldn't have to take down all the Water-types. Although Vince wasn't the strongest fighter, he was still a great teammate, helping Belle take out Winona and teaming with Dimitri against Wallace. Vince also fought admirably in the E5, zapping Glacia's Water-types and Skarmory. I'd always believed Electrodes were unimpressive, but thanks to Vince, I don't feel that way anymore.

The fallen:

Jennifer the Mightyena
Crunch/Rock Smash/Sand-Attack/Iron Tail
Met at L. 2, fell at L. 52
Jennifer was my second catch (third 'mon, counting Dimitri), and I had high hopes for her. She didn't disappoint; she was a very reliable teammate the entire game. I thought about switching her out after she and Dimitri took down the twins, but decided she deserved to go all the way (plus, a long time ago, I was planning a storylocke for this run, and planned for them to be a couple, so I didn't want to split them up). And she did well in the E4, soloing Phoebe (with the exception of Sableye). But she fell against Aggron, after I switched her in to save Natalie. She wouldn't have died, but that Thunder just had to crit...I should've switched in Dimitri, he would've been fine.
Jen is one of the saddest deaths I've ever had in a run. I'd give almost anything to have her back.

Jason the Gyarados
Fire Blast/Earthquake/Bite/Waterfall
Met at L. 13, fell at L. 52
Jason was a late addition that I didn't originally intend to use, but when I lost the Vibrava I'd been training, I thought he would be the best pick-and he definitely was. It's thanks to him I defeated Groudon without a death, and he was also reliable, even though he didn't see much action in the E5. He was supposed to be my counter for Metagross, and he would've beaten it if I would've healed him-he had 1/3rd health after two Psychics, and it was at half from one Earthquake, but I was sure he'd finish it the next turn. Unfortunately, he didn't, and it finished him with a Hyper Beam. I knew I should have healed when I had the chance.

Honorable mention:

Mordecai the Hariyama
Rock Tomb/Fake Out/Rock Smash/Vital Throw
Met at L. 6, currently L. 35
Mordecai easily wins the early-game MVP award. He trashed both Wattson and Norman easily, and was very reliable against everything else he fought. But I thought keeping him on my team would be too risky with Flying and Psychic gyms coming, and after I beat them, I didn't want to switch anybody out to bring him back. I wonder how much different the run would've turned out if I would've kept him/switched him back. At least he gets to be back on my team now, but I wish it was under happier circumstances.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Skarmory/Charizard fusion is very rare and tends to be quiet and shy until befriended. Also a huge fan of Smash Bros. and writing.

Spike the Charizard
Quiet, Flamethrower/Brick Break/Fly/Blast Burn, met at L. 5
Charizard's always been my favorite Gen 1 starter, and Spike is no exception. Quiet nature makes him even more powerful-he ties for highest special attack with two of the others on my team. He soloed Brock with Metal Claw (as a Charmeleon, but still), destroyed Erika, and was a solid bro the whole time, even if he didn't see as much E4 action as I would've liked.
L. 57 in HoF, L. 62 currently

Daniel the Kadabra
Hasty, Psychic/Recover/Shock Wave/Seismic Toss (idk why), met at L. 11
I always preferred Hypno to Kadabra since Drowzee can attack from the beginning and has the bulk to survive attacks. But I was lucky enough to catch Daniel, so after my Butterfree died, I figured I'd give him a chance. He proceeded to destroy just about everything he fought despite not being fully evolved, tying Spike for strongest special attacks and serving as my only Electric user until late in the game. He's restored my faith in his line completely, and one day I will evolve him into the Alakazam he deserves to be (I never evolved him since at the time I didn't know trade evolutions were okay).
L. 57 in HoF, L. 62 currently

Veronica the Dugtrio
Adamant, Earthquake/Slash/Rock Slide/Dig, met at L. 20
I'd never used Diglett/Dugtrio before since I always thought they were weak, so when I caught Veronica, I didn't expect to use her after Surge. But she destroyed things left and right deep into the game. She's not very tanky, but she outsped EVERYTHING and destroyed it first. Unfortunately, she barely saw any action in the E4, but she was still a great teammate. Oddly enough, she was the only girl on my team.
L. 57 in HoF, L. 61 currently

Ryan the Vaporeon
Lonely, Water Pulse/Ice Beam/Bite/Surf, met at L. 25
I wasn't the biggest Eevee fan, but when I found Ryan I needed a Water-type, so one Water Stone later he joined the team. To my astonishment, he became the arguable MVP of the run. He RUINED Blaine and Giovanni and was the runaway MVP in the E4, defeating a full third of their Pokémon. Now I understand why people love Eevee forms so much.
L. 58 in HoF, L. 62 currently

Mark the Snorlax
Impish, Shadow Ball/Hyper Beam/Brick Break/Strength, met at L. 30
Snorlax is another Pokémon I'd never used, but when I was fortunate enough to catch Mark, I figured I should try him. He became the strongest physical attacker on my team and proceeded to obliterate Sabrina and just about anything that isn't Fighting, not to mention he tanked hits without flinching.
L. 57 in Hof, L. 61 currently

Byron the Magneton
Lax, Spark/Tri Attack/Thunder Wave/Toxic (weird moveset), met at L. 34
Yet another Pokémon I'd never used, Byron joined the team when Daniel began having trouble defeating the rival's Blastoise and I needed stronger Electric attacks for the coming Water onslaught (also Spike had evolved by then, so I could retire my Fearow for the coverage). Despite not having a great moveset (I don't know why I didn't give him Thunderbolt, but he didn't need it), he crushed anything and everything that wasn't a Ground or Grass type, and ultimately helped subdue Mewtwo so I could catch it and finish the run. He also ties Spike and Daniel for strongest special attacker.
L. 58 in HoF, L. 62 currently

Honorable mention for Zane the Vileplume, who I probably wouldn't have beaten Misty without.

RubyClaw

Challenge Seeker and Nuzlocke Completionist
🌱Featurer
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Kanto Route 1, 1% encounter rate (Israel)
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Fire, Psychic
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu Lorelocke Hall of Fame

Using my lorelocke massive ruleset.

(Part of my hall of fame project in my signature if you want to check it out).

Spike the Kabutops lvl 44-46 Male - Dead

Bashful.
Lorerule: Living Helm.
Attacks: Aqua Jet, Rockslide, Toxic, Protect.

I'll start this hall of fame with the least worthy pokemon in it. There was nothing wrong with poor Spike here. Kabutops are great pokemon. Sadly though he joined my team too late and was really just a slot filler. As I mentioned in your graveyard post you died to Agatha's Gengar from a Shadowball after you left it surviving on 1-2 HP points, just cruel luck I guess. Thanks for making the ultimate sacrifice, sorry I didn't have a chance to really use you, and welcome to the Hall of Fame.

Astrid the Graveler lvl 9-52 Female - Alive

Serious.
Lorerule: Troll Blood.
Attacks: Stealth Rock, Earthquake, Superpower, Rockslide.

I have a thing for the Geodude line, and I'm really not sure what it is. I used these guys almost as much as I used Gyarados and Crobat, perhaps because of how common they are, or perhaps because of how useful and solid they are early in the game. With Astrid though I had two problems - I couldn't evolve her to Golem at that time, and in Let's Go her line doesn't get Sturdy (or any abilities that is). Due to this even though Astrid served me loyally throughout the beginning of the game since Mount Moon were I caught her, and helped me against Surge, I had to box her for a while. Finally as circumstances changed later in the game and I lost my other useful ground type Malik the Nidoking I finally got some sense into me and put my lovely troll back in the team, and never regretted it again. She really helped against Koga, helped against Agatha, crushed Lance's Charizard and Dragonite in an amazing feat of bravery, and was crucial in my final battle against my Rival. You are a true diamond in the rough my brave rocky girl. Welcome to the Hall of Champions!

Zar the Starmie lvl 43-53 - Alive

Lax.
Lorerule: Invader to our World.
Attacks: Surf, Psychic, Light Screen, Reflect.

Psychic water is an amazing combination in Kanto as I've seen time and time again with the many Slowbros and Starmies I took with me to Kantonian Hall of Fame and other Halls of Fame over my Nuzlocking career. His lorerule limited its movepool a bit, still Zar was no different than the rest of his kind in the end game and even though he joined my team rather late and mainly helped me pass through Victory Road, he showed his true worth in the final battles of the games as he helped against Lorelei, soloed Bruno and destroyed his entire team by itself, and even helped a bit against Agatha. Thank you for your help, you were a true star.

Serena the Gyarados lvl 5-54 Female - Alive

Calm.
Lorerule: Grace of the Koi
Attacks: Waterfall, Crunch, Reflect, Thunderbolt.

I'm sure no one is surprised seeing another Gyarados in a hall of a fame, let alone in Kanto. Serena was a classical Magikarp Cinderella story. I bought her from the known shady guy before Mt Moon (I don't know why people say he is a crook, 500$ for one of the best pokemon in the game before you can even fish is one sweet deal!). She had the Grace of the Koi ruleset who first allowed her to cancel my Partner Pikachu's Familiar Spirit rule, and later ironically when she evolved and lost this effect she allowed him to use his powerful Partner Water and Flying moves thanks to her awesome typing. This lorerule also sadly limited me to two Physical moves max which are so much more useful than Special ones for a Gyarados, but thanks to her Calm nature I actually found usage of Thunderbolt as well which helped me counter many dangerous Water pokemon, and Reflect (what I liked about this lorerule is that it forced me to try new strategies). Serena was a true success story. She soloed Blaine when I got to him early on and really underleveled. She helped Crunch powerful Sabrina along Ulu and Fafnir. She took down most of Giovanni's gym team. And finally in the E4 she helped against Lorelei, Agatha, and my Rival. Unlike most of your raging kind you were truly a tranquil, graceful and majestic sea dragon, welcome to the hall of fame my serene and calm friend!

Ulu the Alolan Sandslash lvl 27-60 Male - Dead

Impish.
Lorerule: Living Igloo.
Attacks: Earthquake, Mirror Coat, X-Scissor, Ice Punch.

Oh Ulu, my lovely Ulu. I talked about your death in the Graveyard section as in the E4 Agatha's Gengar murdered you, but let me talk here about your life. You joined my team about mid-game and ever since you became one of my most useful pokemon, if not the most. I'd say you were the practical MVP of this run, and only lost this title to link because of the emotional and starter factors. You were my sword and every time I needed a powerful physical attack from a type most of my other pokemon couldn't provide you had the right move at the right time and smashed all opposition. You were my shield and with an amazing defense stat you could even tank moves that were super effective to you without sweating too much, and were usually my safe bet in a bad situation when I needed more time to think and regroup. You were useful against almost every gym ever since I got you as soloed Erica's team, and helped against Koga, Sabrina and Giovanni. In the E4 you helped against Lorelie (even though I stupidly forgot to teach you Iron Tail as I planned which have made my life much easier), and destroyed most of Agatha's team before she killed you, and overall you were probably the strongest pokemon I had in this run. I'm sorry you had to fall in the end to a critical hit, but this takes nothing from your glory. Welcome to the Hall of Champions you sharp metal living weapon of war!

Link the Partner Pikachu lvl 5-55 Male – Alive

Naive.
Lorerule: Familiar Spirit.
Attacks: Floaty Fall, Splishy Splash, Thunderbolt, Calm Mind.

If I'll be honest I had doubts about using my Partner Pikachu in this game. In my Let's Go Eevee run I did my best to avoid that seeing how powerful that little elemental critter was, and I was afraid the same thing will happen here. But thanks to the Familiar Spirit lorerule that limited his OP powers just a bit, and the fact Partner Pikachu is no doubt inferior to Partner Eevee when it comes to its movepool, I decided it will be far more fun to keep the pokemon who gave the name to the game I was playing on my team, and I'm sure glad I did that. Link wasn't OP. True, he was powerful, but overall quite similar in strength to most of my team. And more importantly he was damn adorable, really useful, and I grew quite attached to that little yellow rat throughout my game. He helped me crush both Misty and Brock, clear quite a few surfers and bird keepers, and in the E4 gave huge help against Lorelei, was the one to finished the cursed Gengar that killed Ulu, destroyed most of Lance's Team in a very dangerous battle, and destroyed half of the Rival's team including his notorious Mega Pidgeot winning me the game. Link, my little mascot MVP, you were a friend, a partner, and as my Familiar. We were soul linked and so you carry part of my with you as you enter the Hall of Champions!

Last edited:

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry

Dominic the Feraligatr
Met at L. 5, currently L. 50
Surf/Ice Fang/Slash/Crunch

When I started this run, I was torn between using Cyndaquil and Totodile. I decided to pick the crocodile since I'd already used a Fire starter (Charizard). Then I found out Dominic had a Modest nature, and was sad about that, but determined to take him far regardless. He ultimately helped take down Jasmine and Pryce, swept Will, and I decided to let him finish Lance's Charizard to win the run. He nearly became a casualty of THAT battle (the rival in Goldenrod-more on that later), narrowly surviving a crit Shadow Ball from his Haunter. But despite it all, he pulled through everything, and I'm so happy he did.

Sean the Sandslash
Met at L. 6, currently L. 47
Dig/Rock Tomb/Slash/Strength

I was so happy when I saw this little guy, because I'd seen several bro-tier Sandslashes before. He was able to help against Bugsy thanks to the early Rock Tomb TM, also helped against Jasmine, and took out several of Koga's team. Sean surviving to the end means even more to me given what happened to my Sandslash on a different run I started after this one but finished before it (details when I get to that run). I'm so happy he made it to the top.

Paul the Hypno
Met at L. 10, currently L. 47
Psybeam/Headbutt/Hypnosis/Pound (he had no real options...)

Honestly, Paul wasn't quite as useful as I thought he'd be. I was used to Hypno being really good, so I expected the same...and he wasn't terrible, just kind of adequate (mainly on account of a terrible movepool). But he did help against Chuck, swept Bruno, and he's one of the survivors of "that" battle, so I'm happy he made it to the top.

Jason the Gyarados
Met at L. 30, currently L. 49
Ice Fang/Waterfall/Fire Blast/Dragon Dance

Jason unquestionably saved this run from abandonment/defeat. I named him after the Gyarados from my Ruby run, who died against Steven's Metagross-I imagined he was somehow reincarnated as the LoR Gyarados. I didn't expect to use him, but after "that" battle, he was my best option as a replacement, even though I already had a Water-type in Dominic.
And it's thanks to Jason that the rest of the run stayed possible. Gyarados in Gen 4 is already overpowered, and when you add Dragon Dance, nothing can handle them. He's the one who got us past Clair and that Kingdra, swept Karen, and demolished all of Lance's team except Charizard. But none of those victories meant as much to me as setting up to +6 and ripping the rival to pieces at the end of Victory Road, finally getting revenge for what he did to me the last time we fought.
Thanks to all those sweeps, he deserves the MVP title for this run. I'm beyond happy he survived through the end.

Victor the Crobat
Met at L. 15, currently L. 47
Fly/Bite/Poison Fang/Confuse Ray

Victor was actually the second Zubat I caught in this run, after the first died on Route 37 (dupes clause didn't apply after something died). Like Jason, he wouldn't have joined the team if "that" battle hadn't happened, but I lost my Fly user there, and he seemed like the best option. Unfortunately, because he joined so late in the game, he didn't have many chances to fight. But he was a solid teammate when he had the opportunity to battle, and I'm happy I brought him along.

Xavier the Electrode
Met at L. 23, currently L. 47
Charge Beam/Swift/Spark/Light Screen

Xavier unfortunately shared a similar fate as Victor: only being brought on board after "that" battle happened. Since he was the only other Electric-type I had after "that", on the team he went. And like Victor, joining so late meant he didn't get to have many great moments. But he was still a solid fighter in the short time he was on board, and I'm happy I was able to give him a better fate than being stuck as a landmine in the Rocket HQ.

Honorable mentions:
The early game was pretty much crushed by Jamie the Graveler, currently L. 25. She got us through Bugsy and Whitney's murdercow without any deaths. I would've kept her on the team after that, but I've used the Geodude line so many times...but she made the first few gyms easy, and I thank her for that.

Jonathan the Raticate (L. 27) also deserves a mention for making Morty into a joke. Like Victor, he was the second Raticate I caught (ironically, the first wouldn't have died if I had just taken on Morty before leaving the city, but I thought we needed to grind more...). I would've kept him on board longer, but I wasn't sure of his other capabilities. But he did sweep what could've been a brutal gym, and for that I am thankful.
By the time I went to clear out the Radio Tower, I'd only had two deaths. I went to the underground, where the rival showed up. I didn't expect the battle to be a challenge, but somehow his Meganium killed three of my team, and his Haunter nearly took Dominic down as well. If he'd have fallen, it would've been a wipe.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This is the first and only run I ever played on Set mode.

Greg the Torterra
Bashful, proud of its power, Giga Drain/Earthquake/Wood Hammer/Crunch
Met at L. 5, currently L. 66
The most battle-tested member of the team. He had a hand in beating Roark, Maylene, Wake, Byron, and Volkner, tanked hits from Dialga while beating it down long enough for me to catch it, and had the most defeats in the E5, sweeping Bertha and taking down half of Cynthia's team, including Lucario and Garchomp, who was the last 'mon she sent out. I didn't expect him to be an MVP of the run, but he definitely earned the title.

Falco the shiny Staraptor
Naughty, likes to thrash about, Fly/Close Combat/Return/Aerial Ace
Met at L. 3, currently L. 66
I almost dropped my DS when I found this guy on Route 203. I never thought I'd find a shiny Pokémon, especially not that early in a run (less than an hour in). And he was the runaway MVP of the run all the way to the E5, avenging four of the six deaths I had, helping beat Gardenia and Maylene, sweeping the rival in Canalave right after evolving, and sweeping Aaron in the E5. I'm a little sad he didn't get to take part in the Cynthia fight, but can you blame me for wanting to keep my shiny safe? And it doesn't keep him from sharing the MVP title. I'm so happy I found him-I couldn't have asked for a better shiny.

Jake the Floatzel
Hardy, good perseverance, Surf/Waterfall/Ice Beam/Brick Break
Met at L. 9, currently L. 66
He didn't see a ton of action in major battles early on (in fact, Byron was the only Gym he fought in), but he eventually became the designated Galactic demolisher, ultimately sweeping the commanders on the Spear Pillar with no help from the rival and then promptly sweeping Cyrus. He also swept Flint in the E5, and took down Cynthia's Milotic. Thanks to that, he gets to share the MVP title also.

Raven the Honchkrow
Quiet, somewhat vain, Fly/Dark Pulse/Night Slash/Toxic
Met at L. 10, currently L. 66
She actually caused the first death of the run because she wouldn't be caught easily, but when I decided to give her a chance on the team she more than made up for it. She swept Fantina's Gym with barely a scratch, and although she wasn't in any other major battles, she ultimately near-soloed Lucian in the E5 (only one she didn't beat was his Alakazam), and took out Cynthia's Spiritomb and Roserade. I know this might sound silly, but she also gets part of the MVP title.

Will the Gengar
Gentle, good perseverance, Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt/Dark Pulse/Psychic
Met at L. 12, currently L. 65
He didn't see a lot of action, since he didn't join the team until late in the run (on the way to Snowpoint), and only participated in one Gym (Volkner), but he was still a valued teammate. Unfortunately, despite having the most coverage of the team and the highest Special Attack, he didn't get to do any fighting in the E5, but I was still happy to have him around, and I know he would've come in handy if I'd needed him.

Randy the Bronzong
Naive, strong willed, Extrasensory/Flash Cannon/Payback/Explosion
Met at L. 15, currently L. 65
Only joined the team after a death in Victory Road, so he didn't really get to see any action-Lucian's Alakazam was about the only major opponent he fought. Explosion was only part of his moveset in the E5 in case I needed a panic button against something like Garchomp, but luckily I didn't have to resort to that. I kind of wish he could have been on my team longer-while he was solid for the short time I used him, I really didn't get as attached to him as I would have liked. But I definitely think I'll have to raise another one some other time.

loser

goldeen apologist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 27, 2019
Pokémon Type
Grass
(No clue where / when i got any of the pokemon because i played this game on and off for a bit)
(using pokemon showdown imports because i like how much it shows)

allweknow (Ampharos) (M)
Level: 52
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Wave
- Flash
Didn't think much about this guy, he was kind of just there early game and mid game he just took out tentacools or whatever annoying water types there were, but he was a beast in the elite four. Fire punch was good for jynx, forretress among other pokemon. But this thing took out all 3 of lance's dragonites in a row (i used healing items of course), which was amazing! Nickname from a song i was listening to while I caught him

bird (Pidgeot) (M)
Level: 45
- Fly
- Wing Attack
- Quick Attack
- Mud-Slap
Okay mon! Nothing amazing but it was my go to flying type to train after my spearow died. Did the job and was solid in the elite four. I pretty much never use the pidgey line and always use spearow instead in pretty much every game these guys are in so using pidgeot was cool!

TERRY (Nidoqueen) @ Poison Barb
Level: 57
- Surf
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Strength
Named after a nidoqueen I got in my pokemon red nuzlocke, this thing carried. Everytime I use nidoqueen in a nuzlocke it carries. Nidoqueen always does something whenever I use it and wherever I use it (it's a beast on pokemon showdown too). This thing slaughtered the early game, as I used the moon stone on it really fast. This thing is leveled stupid high because grinding it in the victory road was mad easy and I did that while I gave an exp share to pidgeot/ampharos. Also I was super scared of lance, so I wanted a super strong ice punch. Also it pissed me off how this thing couldn't learn sludge bomb, like in later gens. So useless poison barb I think I gave it when it was like level 15.

gdd (Seaking) (F) @ Never-Melt Ice
Level: 58
- Surf
- Icy Wind
- Horn Drill
- Waterfall
I always get annoyed when I look at a nuzlocke viability rankings for a game (love those btw) and see seaking mad low. Like E or F or whatever. Is it outclassed? Sure. Is it bad? No. It's also my favorite pokemon so that's why I went out of my way to use such a mediocre pokemon, but it's awesome. I'm very dissapointed I didn't get to use a clutch horn drill in the e4 - maybe later. Leveled high like nidoqueen for the same reason. This thing was also super cool in the E4.

quincy (Graveler) (F) (DIED IN E4)
Level: 40
- Magnitude
- Rock Throw
- Headbutt
- Dig
Okay so obviously the geodude line was gonna carry in johto, so I was super happy to have this thing even if it did have a bit of overlap with nidoqueen. A nice sturdy normal resist was good as usual. This thing was my only e4/champion death, fortunately I guess. I died when I died from Gengar curse into murkrow faint attack (left me at like 4 hp) into murkrow pursuit as I switched into ampharos... Kind of stupid on my part. I thought I'd want this thing vs lance but it really didn't matter.

pipi (Togepi) (M)
Level: 5
- Growl
- Charm
I had sooooo many deaths this run, which left me with like 3 pokemon max to use that weren't my main 5. I said fuck it and used togepi because togepi is awesome. This thing didn't die, even though I thought i'd use it as sac fodder vs the e4 at some point.[/hide]

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This run had a special rule where I had to use 'mons in the order they were caught.

Amber the Emboar
Flamethrower/Brick Break/Scald/Wild Charge
My starter and coverage master. I was really surprised when I realized she was female (at the time, I'd only had one other female starter ever), not that it mattered. She had a hand in beating down both Burgh and Brycen, trashed Team Plasma left and right, and took out several of N and Ghetsis's 'mons. One of the best starters I've ever owned. She's also the only one of my first five Pokémon who survived.

Fay the Gigalith
Met at L. 11, currently L. 53
Rock Slide/Headbutt/Stone Edge/Toxic
Unquestioned MVP of the run. She annihilated everything in her path (an Attack of 203), and Sturdy saved my butt so many times it's not even funny. And although she wasn't fast, the Quick Claw she held always seemed to kick in at the right time (in fact, I swear it kicked in more often than it should have). She helped beat Lenora, Burgh, Elesa, and Iris, and although she didn't really fight in the E4, giving her Toxic arguably saved everyone when it (and Sturdy and a few lucky misses) helped take out Ghetsis's Hydreigon. I love this giant boulder so much-I had no idea how amazing they could be.

Gary the Conkledurr
Met at L. 13, currently L. 54
Stone Edge/Brick Break/Dig/Hammer Arm
This guy crushed things just as well as Fay (196 Attack), and tanked so many attacks thanks to the Eviolite until I decided to evolve him (and even afterward-he's really bulky). He helped against Lenora, Brycen, and took out Clay's Excadrill before it could kill anyone. He's also the reason I got past Marshal (mirror match for the win), and beat several of N/Ghetsis's 'mons. I don't normally have two Pokémon of the same type on my team, but I'm very happy I did here.

Isabelle the Krookodile
Met at L. 16 (joined team around Mistralton), currently L. 54
Rock Slide/Foul Play/Earthquake/Crunch
I've used Krookodile before and knew how awesome they can be, so when she joined the team after a later death, I was hopeful she'd do well, and she definitely did. She didn't see much Gym action, but did take out Iris's illegitimate Haxorus before it could kill anyone. She really shined in the E4, though, soloing Caitlin, shredding half of Shauntal's team, and ultimately finished the run by taking down Ghetsis's last 'mon. She'd share the MVP award if I could've put her on the team sooner.

Jeremy the Sigilyph
Met at L. 20 (joined team around Twist Mountain), currently L. 53
Air Slash/Charge Beam/Fly/Psychic
I was shocked when I found him-I thought after Route 4 gave me Isabelle I'd get stuck with something crappy. Instead I got this guy, and although he didn't join the team until later on, he was also a great teammate, bringing coverage I seriously needed. Unfortunately, he didn't see much action in major battles (aside from a close call against Cheren's Samurott), but I'm still really happy I got to bring him along. I'd love to use one some other time.

Kane the Zekrom was there only because I had a hole in my team. He did beat Reshiram and Ghetsis's Cofagrigus, though. There's not much I can say about him, but I appreciate his help anyway.

And the Pokémon that should've been there at the end:

Britney the Stoutland
Met at L. 3, fell at L. 52
Ice Fang/Crunch/Thunder Fang/Strength
My first catch. She helped out so much thanks to her movepool and tankiness. She beat Elesa (she had Rock Tomb then) and Skyla by herself, and I was sure she'd go to the end and we wouldn't need Zekrom to win. But Shauntal's Chandelure had other plans, and one crit Fire Blast stole her from me. We were so close to the end...

Arbitrary

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Fighting
I did another X run. We still don't have a Final Team Frequency thread yet (what's up with that?) so here we go.

Foxxy the Delphox (F), Timid, Blaze, Aquacorde Town, Alive
Delphox at this point had been the only Kalos starter and one of the only starters I hadn't ever used (bar gen 8's, and I've never got Primarina to the end either at this point), so it was natural that Fennekin was the choice. I ended up with a female with Timid, naturally, which is insane luck. It's like Boxxy, but Foxxy instead. Her Braixen stage in particular was a miserable experience: the movepool of this thing, especially by level up, is by far the worst and she had to be babied all the way to Delphox stage. At which point she begun to kick ass and take names. Delphox is still by far my least favourite Kalos starter and one of my least favourite in general, but she was useful. Took on most of the deadliest Fighting types in the lategame and soloed Wulfric, but only did a little during the Elite Four. For reasons I'll get to later.

Inver the Malamar (M), Hardy, Contrary, Route 8, Alive
Malamar tends to die on me, but this time was the exception. Probably because he did nothing during the Elite Four, but still. Contrary is an awesome ability. He soloed both Korrina and Olympia and was generally useful as both a Psychic and Dark type. Despite the fact that I had two Psychic mons, he never felt too redundant. Superpower is an awesome move with this ability. He wasn't the strongest, fastest, or bulkiest, but he was really solid. And one of only two gen 6 mons on the final team, because it's nearly impossible to have more than 5 in a run. I was almost obligated to use him!

Bernie the Sawk (M), Sturdy, Hasty, Route 11, Alive
Sawk isn't necessarily one of my favourite Pokemon, but he sure was useful. Fighting is just a good type in general, and his less than usual bulk was mitigated by Sturdy (and Counter, which is pretty funny). Very one dimensional and not overly useful against most boss battles including the league, but great for clearing out normal trainers. There's not much to say about him - if you've used a pure Fighting type, you know how this goes. Still, great encounter to get.

Orbinaut the Ferrothorn (M), Iron Barbs, Lonely, Reflection Cave, Alive
I didn't think I'd actually get a Ferroseed. I tried the repel strat to get either this or the 80% Woobat, and I got pretty lucky. Besides the defense lowering nature, but even then he was tanky as shit and Lonely only made him hit harder. As a Ferroseed he took on Ramos by himself, and then was really helpful pretty much all the time. Rival fights, two of Valerie's Pokemon, Lysandre's asshole Mega Gyarados, Siebold in general. Along with Sawk Ferrothorn was one of the few gen 5 mons I've never used in any capacity, and he was fantastic. Borderline broken, even.

Mrs Pacman the Garchomp (F), Sand Veil, Hasty, Route 13, Alive
Man it's so rare I get to use a pseudo in a nuzlocke. And holy hell is Garchomp broken. She didn't do much besides solo Clemont as a Gabite. After that, however, entire teams folded to her might. She was so fast and ungodly strong that she did nearly all of the work in the Elite Four. I'm serious. Siebold was the only exception and she soloed Diantha. If Ferrothorn is broken, and Garchomp is broken, then having both is disgusting. She was the best mon in the run and that's all there is to it.

Melon the Kecleon (M), Colour Change, Careful, Route 6, Alive
What's this, my last mon is from earlier than the previous ones? Actually Melon was on the team for a fair bit early on, right until I caught a Remoraid just after Ramos. Unfortunately, that Octillery bought it against Lysandre's asshole Foul Play critting Murkrow, and so the 6th slot was open. Nothing I caught later on was really worth it, so he came back. This isn't even the first time I've taken a Kecleon to the E4 in X: I had one in a wedlocke that died. Therefore, not only was he chosen because he at least contributed earlier and wasn't purely random filler, but also as vengeance for the one I lost to Wikstrom before. Not that vengeance is really much of a word to use: he did nothing and essentially just made this a complete party. But I'll take it.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This was actually the first run I ever documented, but it was trash so don't look for it. But the team was amazing. Should note that
from Chargestone Cave until Victory Road, I had a seven-member rotation team, and obviously I could only take six to the E5, all seven deserve to be mentioned here.

Ben the Samurott
Met at L. 5, currently L. 62
Waterfall/Ice Beam/Slash/Swords Dance, holding the BrightPowder
My starter, and the main gym fighter of the team. He fought in five gyms (Cheren, Burgh, Clay, Drayden, and Marlon), defeated Kyurem, fought well against Ghetsis, and though he didn't do much in the E5, he was beyond invaluable as a dragonslayer-nearly soloing Drayden's gym thanks to Blizzard and getting a lucky freeze against Iris's Druddigon. Ben's the first Water starter I've taken to the top, and I'm very proud of him.

Sam the Magnezone
Met at L. 10, currently L. 62
Thunder/Flash Cannon/Signal Beam/Rain Dance, holding the Scope Lens
Next to Ben, Sam's my favorite member of the team. He made Roxie and Skyla look like complete jokes, took out Drayden's Haxorus (Ben was hurt, so I had to swap him out), and helped against Marlon and Colress, as well as crushing Ghetsis's infamous Hydreigon. He was also a strong fighter in the E5, ultimately winning the run by finishing Iris's Archeops. Sam and Ben were the only members of the team who I never rotated out at any point, and as a result, they share the MVP title.

Walter the Crobat
Met at L. 15, currently L. 62
Fly/Bite/Poison Fang/Zen Headbutt, holding the other BrightPowder
People say Zubats are annoying in caves, and while that might be true, having one on your team can be a massive asset. Walter didn't fight in many major battles (Burgh was the only one), and to be fully honest, when it came time to leave one of my team behind at Victory Road, I thought it'd be him. But I decided to keep him aboard anyway, and I'm so happy I did-he was massively useful in the E5, notably surviving two fights that he never should have-Shauntal's Chandelure hit him with Psychic, but he survived both it and burn damage, and when I thought I'd have to sacrifice him against Iris's Haxorus, he got a lucky flinch that saved him. Walter's the resident ninja of the team, and I'm so proud of him.

Ashley the Sandslash
Met at L. 19, fell at L. 62
Earthquake/Rock Slide/Crush Claw/Swords Dance, holding the Shell Bell
The only casualty of the E5, Ashley was one of my most valuable teammates up until the end, soloing Elesa, helping Ben against Clay's Excadrill, and fighting strongly against Colress and Ghetsis. I couldn't leave her behind after she'd helped out so much, so even though I wasn't sure she'd fight much in the E5, I wanted her there for moral support. But I made a huge mistake that I've never gotten over, even though it's been a long time-when I nearly lost Walter against Shauntal's Chandelure, I thought I had no choice but to sacrifice someone to heal my Zoroark so he could finish it, and she was my only option. But I later found out he could've finished it off anyway if I just would've sent him in first...it still eats at me even though it's been many runs ago.

Diane the Cofagrigus
Met at L. 18, currently L. 64
Psychic/Toxic/Energy Ball/Hex, holding the Quick Claw
I never would have guessed a living coffin could be so helpful, but Diane easily was the MVP of the end-game. She defeated more of the E5 Pokémon than any of the others, and Toxic-stalled out two major threats-Marshal's Sawk and Iris's Hydreigon. Toxic was also a major part of my plan against Haxorus, and if I hadn't used it Walter wouldn't have survived. She may not have fought in many major battles, but she was beyond invaluable at the end.

N's Zoroark
Met at L. 25, currently L. 63
Night Slash/Flamethrower/Dig/Aerial Ace, holding the Blackglasses
Although Ben and Sam were the run MVPs, Zoroark was easily the most fun teammate to use. Playing with Illusion was a lot of fun, and while he didn't fight in many major battles, he was extremely invaluable in the E5, one-shotting several opponents (he beat more than anyone except Diane) and, most importantly, avenging Ashley's sacrifice. Even if I couldn't give him a name, he was still one of my best Pokémon, and I'm so happy I had the opportunity to bring him along.

Honorary mention:

Richard the Stoutland
Met at L. 7, currently L. 55
Strength/Fire Fang/Crunch/Reversal, holding the Leftovers
The seventh member of the rotation team. Next to Ben, he's the oldest teammate, and the only reason I didn't bring him to the end is because once I found out Zoroark could use Flamethrower, Richard didn't have any extra coverage. I wanted to bring him along to avenge the Stoutland I lost on my run of White 1 (also to Shauntal's Chandelure), but I just couldn't risk losing him as well. Now that I have an open slot again, I can return him to the team, I guess...I just wish I didn't have an open slot in the first place. [/COLOR]

Neotornado

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Hacker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
I need to buy a pro account? (He/Him)
Pokémon Type
Electric, Grass
Pokédex Entry
Broke his own romhack with an egg. Still not sure how.
Are we allowed to post swish runs yet? If we can here's my shield run:
Rillaboom - Mr. Konga, M, Dead
The starter. He kinda fell off in the endgame because of steel-type spam but he did his part regardless, including tanking a pyro ball from Leon's Cinderace. Died because I needed a switch in the champ fight.
Thievul - One Sec, F, Alive
Oddly useful in the endgame, despite not having her until the second wild area visit. (she died in gym 4, but I somehow caught a nigh-identical thievul on route 9 which is the one that made the HoF), nasty plot + dark pulse helped invalidate a few endgame threats, kinda like a faster malamar but with worse set-up opportunities.
Toxtricity - Eh Gifty, M, Dead
Gift. I kinda wanted to get rid of him but the tyipng was just way too useful do to so. He ended up dying for the same reson as Konga, I needed a free switch during the champ fight.
Arctovish - Shiel...oops, ?, Alive
Easily the run's MVP, a bulky water that just wouldn't die, even invalidating G-max moves thanks to protect and high bulk. Despite being seen as the worst of the fossils, I'd still highly recommend if you can get the fossils together, even if one is more rare in both versions (arcto in shield, vish in sword)
Lunatone - To Charity, ?, Alive
Really only used to destroy Leon's Charizard with scarfed power gem, but they invalidated a few other psychic weak pokemon along the way at least.
Cramorant - Todd de Bodd, F, Dead
Almost made the ultimate power play by taking down Leon's Charizard. while it was G-maxed. After tanking a G-stone edge. Shame I gave her a focus sash instead of a sitrus berry because the residucial damage finished her off. 8/10, would bodd again.

Last edited:

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry

Derek the Blastoise
Met at L. 5, currently L. 57
Surf/Ice Beam/Bite/Brick Break
Derek's the only one of this group who I really have any experience using-Charizard's my favorite Gen 1 starter, but Blastoise is second. But I don't remember ever taking the turtle to the top, so I figured I'd use him here.
Cue Derek proceeding to drag my team through literally almost everything in the game. Brock, Sabrina, Blaine, and Giovanni all fell to him, he always took down the rival's Alakazam, and he basically soloed the league, taking out 18 of their 26 Pokémon (everything except Dewgong, Cloyster, Jynx, Bruno's three Fighting-types, Arbok, and the rival's Venusaur).
Maybe it was because the rest of the team wasn't really that great, or maybe it was because he had the best movepool by FAR, but Derek was by far the MVP of the run-no one else even comes close.

Adam the Pidgeot
Met at L. 3, currently L. 51
Fly/Featherdance/Wing Attack/Quick Attack (what's a movepool?)
I've preferred Spearow to Pidgey for a long time-before discovering Nuzlocking, I hadn't used a Pidgey in years, and in the two Nuzlockes I've used it in, one died and the other was horribly outclassed by a Spearow I had. So I didn't expect that much out of Adam, despite seeing many bro-tier Pidgeots-I figured he'd either die at some point or I'd find something better to replace him, even though he was my first catch. Surprisingly though, that never happened-Adam turned out to be surprisingly reliable, and ultimately he made it all the way to the top-taking out two of Bruno's Fighting-types and surviving a few hits from the rival's Gyarados while I healed Derek. I'm still a little partial to Fearow, but Adam really redeemed the Pidgey line for me.

Erin the Butterfree
Met at L. 4, currently L. 51
Aerial Ace/Sleep Powder/Dream Eater/Silver Wind
When I Nuzlocked Firered, I expected the Butterfree I had to kick ass, since I'd seen several awesome butterflies before. But he ended up dying-ultimately the only death of that run-and I was extremely disappointed. I decided to give the line another chance here, although honestly, I figured Erin wouldn't make it much farther than her FR counterpart (he died while I was grinding for Misty). But she surprised the hell out of me-not only did she outlive her counterpart, she actually proved to be quite useful, as my only Poison counter for a very long time. I still didn't expect her to live all the way to the end, but to my astonishment, she did, taking out Bruno's Hitmonlee in the process. Like Adam, she really redeemed her line in my eyes.

Norman the Beedrill
Met at L. 4, currently L. 51
Brick Break/Twineedle/Cut/Endeavor
Beedrill was kind of the opposite of Butterfree to me-I'd never seen a really impressive one, and had never really seen them as useful due to a crappy movepool (plus, Bug's my least favorite type (or it was-it's now Fairy, but that's unrelated)). So I really didn't expect Norman to go very far, and only kept him around because I had no one else I could use due to the rules. But then he started getting decent moves, and was even able to use Cut fairly effectively. I didn't expect him to survive to the end either (I figured either he or Erin would probably die in Victory Road), but somehow, he did, and even took down Lorelei's Dewgong. Thanks to him, yet another species vastly improved in my opinion.

Krystal the Ninetales
Met at L. 16, currently L. 52
Flamethrower/Will-O-Wisp/Confuse Ray/Quick Attack (again, what's a movepool?)
Krystal didn't have quite as much to prove as Adam, Erin, or Norman-I didn't have a negative opinion on her line, although I really hadn't had much experience with Ninetales (I think I'd used one in one of the Gamecube games, but that's about it). So when a spot on the team opened up, I figured I'd give her a shot since I needed coverage and didn't want to use Flareon. And I didn't regret it for a second-Flamethrower at 29? Yes please! (even though that was pretty much the only good move she learned)
Plus, she was a fun Pokémon to use-when she wasn't torching enemies, she was using Confuse Ray and Will-O-Wisp to troll the crap out of them, while healing any damage by eating the Leftovers, and slowly beating them down with Quick Attack. And of the eight league Pokémon Derek didn't beat, she took out four of them (Cloyster, Jynx, Arbok, and Venusaur).
All in all, Krystal was just a fun Pokémon to use, and I'm happy I got the chance to use her.

Donna the Rhydon
Met at L. 26, fell at L. 51
Dig/Rock Tomb/Stomp/Strength
The only league casualty...
I didn't expect to use Donna-I was surprised to even catch her since I usually have terrible luck with the Safari Zone. But I needed someone who could use Strength since I didn't want to mess up Derek's moveset, and since I don't use HM slaves, they needed to be a solid teammate. After asking for advice, she was the suggestion, so on the team she went. I'd never used a Rhyhorn before, so I didn't know what to expect. It took forever grinding her 15 levels to catch up to the others, but it was all worth it-though she was the newest teammate, she was probably the strongest, constantly Stomping, Digging and Rock Tombing opponents into oblivion.
I was so sure everyone would go all the way...I sent her in against Bruno's stronger Onix, because I wanted everyone to see some kind of action. I went for Dig, but Onix was faster...the first Earthquake did a little over 1/3rd, but she was underground for the second, and Earthquake does double damage to someone underground...
I could've given her Earthquake, and my gut was telling me one of the Onixes had EQ, but I thought Dig would be enough...
She was one of my favorite Pokémon in the run, although our time together wasn't as long as some of the others. I just wish I wouldn't have been so careless at the end...

PageEmperor

Did you bring a light? (No?)
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Just a guy with way to many ongoing Nuzlockes.
Finally! I completed my AlphaSaph Nuzlocke! And not just any AlphaSaph Nuzlocke, it literally lasted the whole game, including the delta episode, including the battle resort guys, including the E4 rematch! I would try and complete the game 100% but seeing how some of that is locked behind the battle facilities maybe not. But hey, this is literally the first Nuzlocke of mine where I went through as much of the game that is playable. This and it's team will go down in history!

Still, I'm just proud of everyone involved. At first I was totally lost on what to do with them, but I then perservered, and raised them all from little children to powerful, buff, and beautiful warriors. Here is where I shall mark history as when I completed a game as much as possible with my team!

1. Brea the Slaking
Lvl 77, holding Silk scarf
Jolly, Proud of its power
344/292/179/150/120/206
Return, Brick break, Earthquake, Yawn

If this was male, I probably would have named her 'Bread'. I was worried about how the Slaking stage would turn out but it exceeded my expectations. She more or less destroyed with massive attack power, STAB Return, and the Silk scarf, and her other attacks when super effective also wrecked face. I only kept Yawn for the case of putting stuff to sleep during her resting turn but it turned out that I barely needed it because her actual offensive power was too reliable that Truant barely mattered at all. The longest lasting member of the squad, and I am proud of her.

2. Fries the Haxorus
Lvl 78, holding Life Orb
Hasty, Alert to sounds
239/274/150/120/123/226
Shadow claw, Rock slide, Earthquake, Dragon dance

During the delta episode, Zinia’s Salamence killed LincolnLoud the Bellossom with a Fire fang that flinched him and a Fire fang that critted him. So then I went to look for a replacement, and ultimately went with my latest capture. And that turned out to be a good decision because this thing turned out to be a total nuke in demolishing stuff, and went on to sweep the champion with Dragon dance and coverage moves. Overall, was a major help to the squad.

3. Penny the Rhyperior
Lvl 78, holding Soft sand
Naive, Nods off a lot
297/267/227/106/96/116
Earthquake, Rock slide, Hammer arm, Megahorn

I probably should have given her my Hard stone instead because I'm not even sure if I used Earthquake that much during the E4. But hey, I boxed my starter just to use her, and she was worth it. She took anything that was a physical attack, and destroyed them with her moves. I also wish her moves were a little more accurate, but thankfully it never really bothered me when using her. I also really wish she got Solid rock instead of Lightningrod, but eh. And fun fact: The protector is not available in ORAS until the resort. I had to trade it over from XY in order for her to get to this stage. (and thank god I never used or even found that protector in my previous XY playthrough.

4. Marissa the Tentacruel
Lvl 78, holding King's rock
Rash, Highly persistent
238/139/141/184/193/196
Sludge bomb, Ice beam, Scald, Toxic spikes

I more or less expected her to be pretty good from the start and while she took a while to raise up back in her previous stage, she became a destroyer once she evolved. Tons of coverage, can take a hit, is fast, and so on. Helped me out as well dispatching the league with Toxic spikes as well as Ice beam for the dragons. Overall, was just really good.

5. Dave the Scrafty
Lvl 78, holding Leftovers
Brave, Good perseverance
206/187/218/101/197/118
Brick break, Crunch, Rock slide, Bulk up

Somehow, he is the only male team member. Yeah, this team became a total harem after my aforementioned male Bellossom was obliterated and was replaced by a female Haxorus. And before you ask, I had a rule that after we beat the legendary and mons not in the dex are available in the wild, I can go to 4 places and catch the first new mon I see, and so I got this. Thanks to his typing, he turned out to be really good against the E4 themselves because he hit almost all of them super effectively.

6. Stella the Alakazam
Lvl 77, holding Mega stone
Relaxed, Scatters things often
207/92/110/239/178/205
Psychic, Dazzling gleam, Shadow ball, Calm mind

Wasn't expecting to find this but hey, a chance to use a freaking Alakazam which would be amazing especially since I can trade to evolve her. For being both fast and a heavy hitter, she obliterated stuff, and became unstoppable with her mega. I can only think of like 3 or so opponents that tanked a hit from her. Overall was ridiculously powerful and I'm glad to have used her, and even more glad she didn't break out of my ball to teleport.

PageEmperor

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
Throwback time. Why not? Here we have the 2nd run I did this year, of the ROM hack Onyx Blue. First off, it also holds the record for just about the shortest run ever. Literally lasted one month, or if not less than that. Don't think I posted it anywhere else, so here we go!

Richardson the Golem
I never expected highly of him but then he proved to be an upmost destroyer of worlds with massive defense and offense, and most of all, he hit his final evo. I never expected the hack to convert trade evo to levels.

Carwasher the Deoxys
Boxed my Magneton in order to use him because why not? He was alright I guess, it was fun to have a random legendary I looked around in order to get

Janice the Tyranitar
Got at the beginning and was secretly overlevelling so that she won't only be fully evolved at the E4. Overall was really fun to use.

Sheri the Charizard
Another very useful teammate. Had a lot of fun using her to destroy stuff.

DEM EYES!!! the Claydol

This one I got later on for the sake of coverage, and it payed off and he was great to have around.

Skeila the Qwilfish
First Water type I found and so became my surfer by default. Turned out to b pretty good as well.

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This was the first run I documented that I'm really pleased with. First, the survivors:

Jessica the Infernape
Met at L. 5, currently L. 60
Flamethrower/Close Combat/Flare Blitz/Shadow Claw, holding the Razor Claw
This was only the second time I'd ever started with Chimchar, because I always liked Turtwig better. I still like him best, but holy hell Jessica was amazing. She helped against Roark, Byron, and Candice, and was a pro at trashing Galactics. And she carried the team through the E5-sweeping Aaron (except Drapion), and taking out Houndoom, Rapidash, Bronzong, Lucario, and Roserade to finish the run. Most of my other early Pokémon didn't make it through the end, but Jess stayed by my side from start to finish, and I'm so proud of her.

Mac the Porygon-Z
Met at L. 25, currently L. 60
Ice Beam/Discharge/Tri Attack/Psychic, holding the Wise Glasses
I didn't actually know there was a Porygon in Platinum, so I was shocked when someone gave Mac to me in Veilstone. I didn't have room on my team for him at first, but eventually a space opened up, so he came along, and started demolishing everything in his sight. I didn't have an opportunity to use him in a gym, but he became the designated Cyrus-killer, and laughed in Giratina's face as it uselessly tried to fight him while I tried to catch it (had to Master Ball it, but oh well). He also did a ton of work in the E5-he took out Gliscor, Infernape, Spiritomb, Togekiss, and Garchomp. I'm so proud of the cyberspace Pokémon.

Darren the Leafeon
Met at L. 20, currently L. 60
Return/Dig/Giga Drain/Bite, holding the King's Rock
Like Mac, Darren didn't join the team immediately when I met him, because I wasn't sure which of his forms to evolve him into. I eventually settled on Leafeon because I had most of the other types covered. I'm so happy I did-he might not have been as awesome if he'd been one of the other forms. He only got to fight in one gym (Wake), and at the E5, he didn't get to do a lot at first, taking out Whiscash and Hippowdon. But when I reached Lucian, he really took over-he took out the Gallade that wiped out two of the people reading the run, and revenge-killed Alakazam after it took one of my 'mons down (he also survived a Psychic from it with 6 HP). He also took out Milotic, even though it had Ice Beam-he got a crit Return, and made it flinch with the King's Rock I gave him (1 in 160 chance, I think). For such an adorable Pokémon, he was a total badass, and I'm so proud of him.

The fallen:

Douglas the Steelix
Met at L. 6. fell at L. 59
Earthquake/Iron Tail/Ice Fang/Crunch, holding the Zoom Lens
I never thought Onix was a Pokémon worth using, but when I caught Douglas, I figured I'd give him a try. Even though most of his moves didn't have 100% accuracy, he hardly ever missed anything, and between Screech and Rock Smash, he could still fight hard. And when I finally was able to evolve him, he really started kicking ass. He helped take out Byron, Candice, and Volkner, and took out Drapion and Espeon in the E5. But when Cynthia sent in Garchomp, I had to send someone in to stall so I could heal Mac. If it wouldn't have gotten a crit Flamethrower, Douglas could've stalled it out and taken it down...but the game decided to take him down.
Douglas really improved my opinion of his line, and I'm sorry he didn't make it to the hall alive...

Edwina the Quagsire
Met at L. 26, fell at L. 59
Earthquake/Waterfall/Ice Punch/Surf, holding the Shell Bell
Like Onix, I wasn't a fan of Quagsire at all. So when I caught Edwina, I never expected to use her. But after I lost a third Water-type, she was the popular suggestion from the readers (because she had an Adamant nature), so I put her on board. As it turned out, she was pretty awesome-she helped take out Candice and Volkner, and took out Rhyperior and Magmortar in the E5. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to take out Cynthia's Togekiss (she had to fight it because of a death I haven't mentioned yet),, and it took her down.
She also really improved my opinion of her line, and now I think I understand why :wooper: is an emoticon on this site.

And the saddest death of all:

Michelle the Luxray
Met at L. 3, fell at L. 59
Thunderbolt/Crunch/Thunder Fang/Return, holding the Dread Plate
I don't even know how to describe how amazing Michelle was. Even without Intimidate, she was completely awesome-sweeping Fantina when I had no other counters against her, and helping against Wake. She was nearly unstoppable, but unfortunately, she didn't get to do a lot against the E5, although she did take out Mr. Mime. She was supposed to take down Alakazam too, but I'd swapped the Dread Plate for the Quick Claw, and it ultimately cost me the best Luxray I've ever raised (Psychic took her to a little under half, while Crunch took Alakazam to the red. Then it used Focus Blast instead of healing...).
Losing her was the closest I've ever been to crying in a run...

Honorable mention:

Ronnie the Kricketune
Met at L. 3, currently L. 43
X-Scissor/Night Slash/Strength/Rock Smash, holding the Insect Plate
Ronnie was my first catch, and honestly I was kind of annoyed since he couldn't fight at first. But I gave him a chance anyway, and once he evolved, he turned amazing. He helped against Gardenia, and it turned out he was a very capable fighter. But when it was time to go up Mount Coronet, I had to leave someone behind (all seven above were part of a rotation team for a while), and I decided to retire Ronnie because I didn't want to risk losing him. I'm really happy I gave him a chance, though.

TrueZero2

Ninja! Comic! Best Match!
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 3, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Poison
Right then, since I did a Nuzlocke of Sword when the game came out, here's my final team!

Inteleon - Nickname: Spritz (Sobble & Drizzile) -> Jet (Inteleon)
The first time since Gen 2 that I've started a generation with a water starter, and Inteleon did not disappoint. Acting as the pinch hitter for my team in several instances, Jet may have really only had a very standard setup for Water types throughout most of the game, I eventually added in a little extra oomph come the League.
Moves: Snipe Shot, Ice Beam, Air Slash and U-Turn

Corviknight - Nickname: Morgana - Gigantamax Capable
Caught to replace my Toxtricity after she died on the way to Gym 6, a Max Raid presented itself during my Badge 6 run through Wild Area (My rules allowed for one catch during the first visit, then another catch after every badge). I took it, and the result was Gigantamax Corviknight. Morgana was initially Level 50, about 5 levels higher than everything else on the team, so I kept Morgana in the box for another Gym. Then Gym 7 happened and caused another death, this time my Grimmsnarl. I finally brought in Morgana and she formed the physical tank for my team from then on.
Moves: Iron Head, Brave Bird, Iron Defense, Body Press

Stunfisk - Nickname: Trapper
When I saw that the 'fake item' Pokemon this time around was a goddamn bear-trap Stunfisk. I bust a gut laughing and brought it in. Since then, it was mainly a Pokemon that could take hits while gradually working the opponent down. Eventually it assumed an interference role, using Stealth Rock and Snap Trap to futz with enemies and wear them down, while then using Crunch and Bounce to make big hits.
Moves: Stealth Rock, Snap Trap, Crunch, Bounce.

Arcanine - Nickname: Ona
I've always wanted to use Arcanine, and Grass Types gave me shit for most of the run. Ona appeared to fill the void, and she was brought in immediately. Her finest hour came during the battles against Macro Cosmos during the League. The catch is, she was the Badge 7 catch from the Wild Area. I couldn't use her much more than I did.
Moves: Crunch, Agility, Flamethrower, Extreme Speed.

HONORABLE MENTIONS - DIED DURING CHAMPION BATTLE

Gourgeist - Nickname: Specter
Specter was the actual replacement for Toxtricity, and he made good use of his spot. Throwing out Will-o-Wisp and Hex, alongside Seed Bomb and Phantom Force, Specter could dish out damage just as well as he took it... until Leon. Specter lasted all of one turn against Leon, immediately going down to Aegislash's Shadow Ball.
Moves: Will-o-Wisp, Hex, Seed Bomb, Phantom Force

Conkeldurr - Nickname: Helga
Another casualty of Leon, Helga was brought in on the way to Gym 6, replacing my Coalossal. Helga kicked all kinds of ass, even taking the lead alongside Jet during the eighth Gym. Helga also turned Rose's team into a pile of scraps, so when she went down taking on Leon's Charizard, I was annoyed. Still, she's also one of my best for taking on Max Raids.
Moves: High Horsepower, Ice Punch, Brick Break, Stone Edge

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This run was one of my favorites for two reasons. One was because I documented it from my starter's POV, the other will come up after talking about my team.

Nathan the Sceptile
Met at L. 5, currently L. 56
Leaf Blade/Dragon Claw/Earthquake/Giga Drain

The Treecko line is arguably my favorite of all the starter lines, so picking Nathan was an incredibly easy decision. And from the start, he was awesome. He took out both of Roxanne's Geodudes, as well as Wattson's Electrike, and once he got Leaf Blade, he tore Hoenn to shreds. Juan was unable to even lay a finger on him as Leaf Blade tore his team-bar Kingdra-to pieces, and with the extra coverage Earthquake and Dragon Claw gave him, he was ultimately league MVP, taking out Sidney's Crawdaunt, Phoebe's Sableye, one of Glacia's Sealeos (surviving a STAB Blizzard with 32 HP in the process), Drake's Shelgon and Kingdra, and Wallace's Wailord, Whiscash, and Tentacruel. Sceptile's by far the best Gen 3 starter, and Nathan's a perfect example of why.

Lauren the Mightyena
Met at L. 3, currently L. 55
Crunch/Dig/Strength/Taunt

Lauren was my second catch, and she had a lot of promise right from the beginning. She didn't see much action in major battles early on due to bad type matchups, although she did shield the team from Wattson's exploding Voltorb. But what really secured her as an invaluable teammate was the murdertwins' gym-I was utterly convinced there was no way I could survive that battle without at least one death, but we ultimately did, largely thanks to her. Unfortunately, the only league action she got to see was against Phoebe, but she kicked ass in that battle, taking out three of her team with no trouble. I don't really understand how people can consider Mightyena a "derp"-Lauren was far too awesome for a term like that.

Mike the Breloom
Met at L. 5, currently L. 55
Sky Uppercut/Headbutt/Sludge Bomb/Mega Drain

Even though I already had Nathan, I was very happy when I caught Mike, because I knew he could be invaluable when he evolved. And he definitely was-it's thanks to him we managed to get past Wattson with no fatalities, and he made Norman a fairly easy battle. However, a very close call against Norman's Linoone scared him off of the team for a while, but he eventually found the strength to return, although bad type matchups kept him out of most of the remaining major battles. Luckily he was able to get back in action in the league, taking out most of Sidney's team, as well as striking the final blow of the run against Wallace's Ludicolo. Ultimately, Mike's a large part of the reason we survived so much, and so he shares the MVP title with Nathan.

Hector the SHINY Exploud
Met at L. 7, currently L. 55
Ice Beam/Shadow Ball/Hyper Beam/Strength

I almost fainted when I saw Hector-I was just grinding for Roxanne late one night when I saw a green-eared Whismur. After a minor spaz attack, I managed to catch him, and so naturally I had to use him, especially since he had an awesome nature (Adamant). It was tough at first, because he was fairly frail, and I wasn't really sure how I'd use him since I'd never used one before. As a result, he didn't see any real major battle action, until we reached the murdertwins. Hector had just reached his final form, and had become much more resilient, so with Shadow Ball in his arsenal, he became my best option to battle them alongside Lauren. And somehow, they managed to take them down, although Hector had a very close call in the process. After that, I felt much better about using him, and he ended up being very important in the league, taking out one of Phoebe's Dusclops and Drake's Flygon and Altaria.
Hector turned out to be the best shiny I could've asked for in this run, and I'm so happy I got a chance to use him.

Aaron the Aggron
Met at L. 9, currently L. 55
Iron Tail/Rock Tomb/Metal Claw/Take Down

I really wanted to use Aaron immediately when I caught him, because Aggron is one of my favorite 'mons and, like Hector, he had an awesome nature (also Adamant). But since my team was already going strong, I designated him as first backup for when someone died...but when that never happened, I decided to bring him on board anyway (it was around Fallarbor when he joined the team). Unfortunately, bad type matchups kept him from seeing much gym action, although he did take out Norman's Slaking. Because he hadn't done as much as some of the others, I thought about boxing him when we reached the league, but I decided not to because I had a feeling he could be very useful, particularly against Glacia. And he was very useful there-not only did he take out both of her Glalies and one Sealeo, he also took out Sidney's Absol and Drake's Salamence.
I'm not sure everyone would've survived if Aaron hadn't came along, so I'm very happy he did.

Jerry the Electrode
Met at L. 24, currently L. 55
Thunderbolt/Toxic/Light Screen/Shock Wave

Jerry was guaranteed a teamslot when I caught him, because I severely needed an Electric-type. And he proved helpful very quickly by taking out several of Winona's team, and later pulled off an astounding maneuver against Juan's Kingdra: despite it being at +6 from Double Team, he managed to hit it four times in a row with Rollout, critting on the fourth and taking it down (I was later informed that was roughly a 1 in 2,000 chance). He also was very useful in the league, taking out Glacia's Walrein and Wallace's Milotic and Gyarados. I only wish he could've come along sooner, but he was still invaluable.

Honorable mentions:

Alex the Beautifly
Met at L. 2, currently L. 42
Giga Drain/Silver Wind/Gust/Stun Spore

My first catch. I honestly was hoping he'd evolve into a Dustox, since I'd used Beautifly in my Ruby run, but that didn't happen-not that it mattered, because Alex was still pretty awesome. He swept Brawly, and managed to make it far deeper into the game than I expected him to go. I ultimately ended up retiring him around the time we challenged Juan, because he was too frail to bring farther and I didn't want to risk losing him, although part of me wanted to keep him just to see if he could go all the way. All in all, he was a solid teammate, and I'm proud of him for making it as far as he did.

Jim the Azumarill
Met at L. 5, currently L. 48
Surf/Ice Beam/Waterfall/Double-Edge

To be honest, I've never liked Marill-I always thought they were useless, so I was not happy when I caught Jim. And he started off terribly-it took a long time before he even managed to take out a lower-leveled Pokémon on his own. Even evolving didn't help him, and I was so tempted to box him in favor of a Tentacool because I desperately needed a counter for Flannery.
Then Jim learned Bubblebeam, and proceeded to sweep her team. That single moment redeemed him in my eyes, and from then on he was just as valuable as the others. He later ended up taking out Winona's Altaria, and helped Lauren against the murdertwins after Hector's close call (although Jim himself also had a close call later in that battle).
Ultimately, he had to leave the team after Victory Road, because I just didn't think he would be as useful in the league as Aaron would be. But Jim really improved my opinion of his line, and I'm thankful for all that he did.

This was my first deathless run! The farther we got, the more I thought someone would die at some point (I was honestly expecting at least one death, if not a near-wipe, to the murdertwins), but somehow, these guys survived everything. There were several close calls (I almost lost Mike against Norman, both Hector and Jim nearly died against the murdertwins, Jim almost died again at the end of Victory Road, and don't get me started on Nathan surviving a Blizzard), but they made it through it all, and I couldn't be more proud.
And telling the run from Nathan's POV was a lot of fun, even though it made things a little scarier (I would have automatically lost the run had I lost him.)

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
this ghost tries hard to be cool, but ends up keysmashing about cute things anyway. they wish they could take on more work than they have time for.
Ah, Pokemon Moon. The tropical islands and initial happy atmosphere made me think that this game would be easy. There'd be no surprises, sneaky tricks or horrifying bosses waiting to confront me on my blind nuzlocke... right?

...Right?

Nemo, Male Primarina, Level 62 - ALIVE
Naive Nature, Torrent, Holding Pixie Plate
Reflect/Sparkling Aria/Encore/Moonblast

You're the MVP of the run for pulling off so so much. Against many Totems, Guzma, Lusamine's terrifying Bewear... you saved the team from wiping many times. Your tankiness and use of Reflect, Light Screen while it was there and Encore gave me time to switch and heal. You helped demolish Olivia and Hala at the E4, avenge your fallen teammates and fire off powerful moves at every turn. I am so proud of you for somehow - somehow - surviving all of this.

Macho, Male Machoke, Level 62 - ALIVE
Brave Nature, No Guard, Holding Eviolite
Dynamic Punch/Light Screen/Knock Off/Bulk Up

Ah, Macho. I feel like you may have been screwed over with terrible IVs which meant that, even with the Eviolite towards the end, you couldn't tank more than one hit at a time. The power creep really did get to you, huh? But in the early game and mid-game, you were really good. You took down the plethora of Trainers in our way, and all the annoying Normal and Rock type wild Pokemon. As a traded 'mon you got so much EXP and you were often the strongest of my team at that stage. And later - against Nanu, Acerola, Nihilego... you still did very well, and with Rock Slide you even took down some Flying types of your own. You did your best, and stuck with me for so long.

Athena, Female Alolan Dugtrio, Level 63 - ALIVE
Mild Nature, Sand Veil, Holding Focus Sash
Iron Head/Protect/Night Slash/Earthquake

You were the real surprise of the run. I thought you were useless when I caught you - a bad design with a bad nature and bad non-Arena Trap-ability and bad paper-thin defences, the epitome of "hey mum can we have Excadrill" "we have Excadrill at home". But I used you anyway, training you patiently until you evolved, because the prospect of any Steel type seemed too good to pass up. And... how did you deliver so much, and still survive? Your Bright Powder saved you three. full. times from hits that would have KOed you. You made mincemeat of Fairy and Electric types and helped massively against Olivia, Acerola and Kukui. You revenge-KOed threats such as Kukui's Decidueye and Kahili's Toucannon that had killed Lime and Veler respectively. You even helped against Lusamine. I have no clue how you made it this far when my bulkier Skarmory fell to Lusamine's Bewear, but I am so proud of you and you have proved me wrong so many times.

Veler, Male Alolan Golem, Level 62 - DEAD
Impish Nature, Magnet Pull, Holding Shuca Berry
Thunder Punch/Stone Edge/Brick Break/Stealth Rock

I didn't want to use you at first. Not after my Carbink, which had saved the team from Totem Lurantis of all things, died so tragically to Guzma's surprise Swords Dance Golisopod. I didn't want another Rock type, I never thought you'd be half as good as your predecessor with your lopsided stats and your quad weakness to a Mud Slap. But... then you got traded over to me, and I didn't need to train you, and you'd evolved then and there. So on the team you went, and to my surprise you then obliterated Water and Bug types and the Totem Electric Pokemon. Guzma and Kahili suffered thanks to your Stealth Rock and Stone Edge shenanigans, and you even crushed the Golisopod which in previous battles had given me so much trouble. I don't regret training you, or getting as attached to you as I did. What I do regret is leaving you out against Kahili's Toucannon, which I didn't know could learn Bullet Seed or have Skill Link. So, rest well. I wish you could've made it all the way.

Lime, Female Alolan Exeggutor, Level 61 - DEAD
Bashful Nature, Frisk, Holding Grassinium Z
Sludge Bomb/Toxic/Dragon Tail/Leaf Storm

I... did not like many of the Alola forms, least of all what I considered to be the living meme that didn't deserve its dragon typing. But after losing my Skarmory I found you and, upon realising I needed another special attacker, took you on. And you did so much work, with Psychic for the Fighting types and Sludge Bomb for the Grass and Fairy types. As you demolished all the things, I realised that your model just looked so... happy, and quirky, and full of character with those smiling bobbing eggs. And then I realised that I really liked you, especially when you one-shot so many otherwise dangerous wild Pokemon with Z Move Leaf Storm and helped beat up Lusamine. You didn't see much action in the E4, but came out swinging in the Kukui fight and whittled down his team down as much as you could. But sadly, you died to the last Pokemon - Decidueye - and its surprisingly hard-hitting Brave Bird after you tanked its Z Move Leaf Blade. This death hurt like hell, and I'm so sorry that you fell to the final hurdle.

Pastel - Female Slowbro, Level 62 - ALIVE
Rash Nature, Own Tempo, Shell Bell
Ice Beam/Fire Blast/Scald/Psychic

You were a late-game replacement for my Araquanid, Circuit, who died to Lusamine's unexpectedly-high-damage-roll Lilligant. I stuffed you with overage moves and put you in, hoping you'd come in handy. And you did! You took on many of Hala's 'mons alongside Nemo, took down some of Kahili's team and helped to take down threats from Kukui like his Braviary. Somehow you were more frail than I'd expected in the face of powerful SE hits, but you still did your best with all you had to muster. I didn't get as attached to you as the others, but there is still some affection there for someone who'd come to help me at the last minute.

Last edited:

Neotornado

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Hacker
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
I need to buy a pro account? (He/Him)
Pokémon Type
Electric, Grass
Pokédex Entry
Broke his own romhack with an egg. Still not sure how.
Got another one for shield already! Yes I started a new run while grinding in another run.
This time the rule was that I could use only Pokemon I had acquired from raids, as well as gift pokemon that I could swap out for wild pokemon if I wanted to, provided it did not come from the overworld. Also personal dynamaxing was banned outside of clearing out raid encounters that weren't catches.
Raboot - Bo Jackson, M, Alive (Starter)
Mostly solid but man was he missing quite a bit during the endgame, most notably against Leon's mr. rime, which forced me to gamble Qwilfish in taking him out. Not having pyro ball was a pain, but I managed to get by on just fire fang (and later blaze kick)
Alcremie - Cheesecake, F, Alive (Route 4, gift swapped with event meowth)
The only gift swap I used for a notable amount of time, and easily the run's MVP. Took out so many fighting/dark/dragon types that I think she had over 200 attack EV's prior to the final EV revamping. Also survived a dragapult shadow ball + haxorus poison jab with a mere 2 HP left, probably gonna upload the clip of the latter on twitter next month.
Polteageist - Fanta, ?, Dead (Ghost raid)
I had him on the team but I wasn't too keen on using a mono-ghost because of how iffy it is on its counters. That being said, they did a TON of work during the final stretch, sweeping both Bede and Allister through nasty plot + Weak armor. It is very much a YOLO pokemon when played that way, I'd recommend if you like more risky gameplay with huge payoffs.
Appletun - Granny Smith, M, Dead (Grass raid)
Apple acid is still gross, and his nature was even more gross (hasty), only used him in the champ fight because I needed to counter Leon's inteleon. Sadly this led into his charizard which led to all three deaths because it then got a +1 speed boost off max airstream.
Lanturn - true bait, F, Alive (Electric raid)
Charizard counter. Also super bulk, despite being TR reliant. I believe she also KO'ed two pokemon before being captured due to being my first tier 3 raid of the run.
Qwilfish - Scary Pinball, F, Dead (Water raid)
Rip choice scarfing waterfall because of that max airstream boost, and rip my hopes and dreams of getting intimidate qwilfish into a HoF. She didn't do much due to joining very late (right before spikemuth) but she was a decent stop to physical attackers in the meantime, most notably against raithan's heavily physical team.

Last edited:

Skarmizard

The metal dragon bird
Writer
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 12, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Dragon, Steel
Pokédex Entry
This run actually continued into Kanto, and I originally intended to go all the way to Red, but I ended up stopping after Blue because I didn't see any feasible way to grind roughly 125 more levels.

Chad the Typhlosion
Met at L. 5, currently L. 62 (L. 48 in the HoF)
Flamethrower/Rock Slide/Eruption/Strength (Flamethrower/Strength/Lava Plume/Rollout)

Loyal friend from start to finish. There weren't a lot of places for him to shine in Johto, but he was always reliable, and at least he hit a stride in Kanto.
One of my favorite moments was how he evolved-he blew up four of Petrel's Koffings with Lava Plume, then evolved at the end.

Brad the Golem
Met at L. 2, currently L. 61 (L. 47 in the HoF)
Earthquake/Stone Edge/Rock Climb/Explosion (Earthquake/Rock Blast/Rock Smash/Explosion)

Unbreakable wall. Destroyed THAT Scyther and Miltank, and walled just about everything in the game. Explosion was only there as a last resort, but luckily it never came into play.

Matt the Nidoking
Met at L. 12, currently L. 63 (L. 49 in the HoF)
Dig/Surf/Blizzard/Megahorn (Dig/Surf/Blizzard/Earth Power)

Run MVP, and destroyer of basically everything. From Chuck's Primeape to Jasmine's Steelix to Lance's Dragonites to various gyms around Kanto, this guy crushed them all. There's a reason the Nidorans are extra valuable in runs-they're awesome.

Andrew the Espeon
Met at L. 5, currently L. 62 (L. 48 in the HoF)
Psychic/Shadow Ball/Swift/Flash

Two words: Choice Specs. Nothing could take a hit from this little guy. He pulled off some unexpected victories-Pryce's Piloswine and Clair's Kingdra among them.

Laura the Ampharos
Met at L. 15, currently L. 61 (L. 47 in the HoF)
Discharge/Signal Beam/Power Gem/Rock Smash (Discharge/Signal Beam/Thunderpunch/Rock Smash)

I think everyone knows Ampharos is a great Pokémon, and she was no exception. She may have started as a replacement for my Magneton, but she became an equally valued partner.

Linda the Kingdra
Met at L. 20, currently L. 62 (only joined after Lance)
Surf/Waterfall/Dragon Pulse/Hydro Pump

Pretty unscratchable. Kingdras always annoyed me when I had to fight them, so it was awesome getting to turn the tables and use one myself. Shame she came along so late, but damn she made a great impression while on board.

And the lone league casualty:

Skylar the Mantine
Met at L. 19, fell at L. 47
Surf/Waterfall/Signal Beam/Bounce

A pleasant surprise that I didn't expect to use. She was a solid Pokémon throughout, and I wish I could have taken her into Kanto...I lost her to Lance's Thunder Dragonite-Matt had just taken out one of the others, but was down to 18 HP, so I had to switch, and I had no way to know which one was coming in.

Last edited:

PageEmperor

Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 8, 2019
Pokémon Type
Electric, Water
Pokédex Entry
C.W. the Rillaboom
Gentle, Strong willed, Holding Miracle seed
Drum beating, Earthquake, Drain punch, Wood hammer

And so my starter! Has definitely been proven to be really good throughout the run, especially when leading the team and helping them get exp when smashing wild Golurks with Wood hammer while grinding. I’m glad to have had her (yes it’s a she) around.

Loren the Mr(s). Rime
Calm, Highly curious, Holding Wise glasses
Psychic, Ice beam, Shadow ball, Hypnosis

Added pretty late into the squad (why I decided to add her because she seemed interesting and Psychic and Ice coverage seemed useful) and she really did put in the work with monstrous special stats and tons of coverage. I sadly had to sacrifice her to the champion’s Charizard to heal my Wailord so that Wailord could take a hit if Charizard outsped.

Jill the Coalossal
Relaxed, Mischievous, Holding Leftovers
Rock slide, Burn up, Scald, Stealth rock

Would have potentially brought Minx the Boldore to the end if she didn’t have Stealth rock. Overall, she was great to have around! She survived virtually every attack I sent her out against, and dealt damage as well. Overall, I’m glad to have brought her to the end and even more glad she made it out alive.

Molley the Bewear
Serious, Highly curious, Holding Expert belt
Body press, Body slam, Ice punch, Bulk up

I knew I had to use her when I saw she had Fluffy as an ability. Has overall been proven to be a really good tank that could dish out tons of damage, and had the highest attack stat on the team which is something. I have forgiven her for killing my Wingull.

Matyr the Dugtrio
Docile, Likes to fight, Holding Scope lens
Earthquake, Night slash, Rock slide, Mud slap

Oddly the only male on the team. I really, REALLY wanted to bring my Golurk to the end but I figured a speedster with similar coverage would be a better fit for the team as most of them were slow. Didn’t see much action against the champion but was a great asset in taking out the Poison/Dark mons in the Dark gym.

Sierra the Wailord
Timid, Thoroughly cunning, Holding Assault vest
Scald, Ice beam, Iron head, Liquidation

Yes, I have the biggest mon ever and the smallest mon that can breed with it on the same team, and yes I bred them once the run was over. I had to box my Seismitoad in order to use her, and it was worth it. Took hits for days and was ultimately the answer to the champion’s Charizard.

Shoutout to retired teammates:
Tomäzc the Golurk as soon as I got the chance to use the ghost robot, I didn’t hold back. He was ultimately a massive badass during hus run on the team. Why I didn’t take him to the HOF is because of the reasons I stated above, but he was very good.
Jose the Hitmonchan one of the longest lasting teammates and was great to use with all his coverage choices. Boxed because he didn’t have Iron fist.
Claire the Seismitoad For being a Water/Ground type, she decimated anything that didn’t carry Grass coverage. Boxed in favour of my aforementioned Wailord.
Asneria the Arctozolt Added to the squad because coverage and she was also pretty good for using it. Boxed because I figured Wailord with Ice beam would work out better.
Maru the Thievul Thanks for not dying on my watch I guess. Boxed because I never had any reason to use him after the 8th gym.
Mike the Drifblim, Psycara the Xatu, Ambush the Dubwol all great additions to the team that I boxed as I started to find better options for team members.
Fowler the Kingler Adamant Kingler, nuff said. I’m also VERY surprised he didn’t die though. Boxed as I decided to settle with Wailord as my main Water mon.
Broadie the Inteleon
Hasty, Alert to sounds, Holding Mystic water
Waterfall, Hydro cannon, Sucker punch, U turn

My starter. Was my Water coverage, was fun to use overall, nothing more. He was just simply great to have on my team.

Reginald the Morpeko
Bashful, Likes to fight, Holding Expert belt
Crunch, Aur wheel, Brick break, Psychic fangs

This may be the first and possibly only run where a Morpeko is actually used and taken all the way. I didn’t even notice him until I was looking for more coverage in my box, and realised that a Dark/Electric type would be a good idea because my other one was a Vikavolt who was somewhat redudndant with my other bug, so Morpeko entered the scene. Was virtually my coverage master to more or less do things my other teammates couldn’t and he did it very well.

Wade the Weezing
Careful, Somewhat vain, Not holding anything
Explosion, Memento, Toxic, Destiny bond

Well, born to be a sacrifice, died as a sacrifice. Had to be sacked to heal Broadie so he could deal with the champion’s Rhyperior

Gail the Mamoswine
Docile, Loves to eat, Holding Assault vest
Earthquake, Ice fang, Body press, Body slam

Well, can I say MVP? Because MVP. Highest attacking stat on the whole team, virtually every other important stat also being really good, tons of coverage? Yeah. Also, can apparently breed with Broadie the Inteleon. Urr... ok then.

Terry the Noivern
Hardy, Alert to sounds, Holding King’s rock
Air slash, Dragon pulse, Bite, Boomburst
Status: Alive and probably signing up for a raid boss meeting

YES I managed to get my bat to a monstrously high level without it dying and proceed to take him to the league. He was an absolute destroyer of worlds. Between his speed or his ridiculously strong moves, I’m just so glad he made it out alive.

Ann the Centiskorch
Quiet, Capable of taking hits, Holding Leftovers
Fire lash, Leech life, Scald, Burn up
Status: Alive and probably trying to cook Javier the Vikavolt alive for constantly trying to hit on her

Was disappointed in not getting a Sizzlipede on route 3... and then I got it at the gym. And anyways, she was a total badass! Dished out great damage, could take hits, could do everything really well. I’m glad she made it out alive.

Shoutout to retired teammates:
Javier the Vikavolt honestly if it weren’t for my Morpeko I would have kept him on the team for longer. I loved the personality I planned for him if I ever document this run and in battle he was a total powerhouse with both Bug buzz and Thunderbolt. Boxed as he was more or less virtually Ann but with Electric powers instead of Fire powers and again to use my Morpeko
Brozeiin the Boltund my 2nd catch, was pretty useful when I had him around and I have forgiven him for killing my Rookidee. Boxed to use more teammates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)