• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Play by Post Nuzlocke Forums MUGEN Tournament

Thread Description
Who will come out on top!

DestinyDragonGS

DRAGON INSTALL!!!!
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is very relaxed and enjoys analyzing things. This Pokemon is also quick to snark at anything that gives it an opportunity
You guys ever heard of saly bets? Basically it's a twitch stream where people bet fake money on who wins in an ai controlled fight on a freeware program called MUGEN. Which is a fighting game engine where everything but the engine itself is community made. Which quickly turned it into an everything vs everything game.

So how this game will work is I'll announce who's fighting who before hand and you guys have to predict who will win. Then after a few hours to a day I'll release the video of the fight and the people who guess right win bragging rights I guess... After we do a couple example rounds We'll run a tournament with a bunch of characters to see who comes out on top. Think of this like the hunger games games we've played in the past except it's not completely random. of course I'll be taking character suggestions once we get the ball rolling

So our first game will be!

Dialga and Palkia vs Kyurem!

Ready! Set! Predict!

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
Bets on Dialga and Palkia
Battle of Charizard vs Typhlosion I want next

Fool

I’m too tired for this.
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
Call me whatever you want.
Pokémon Type
Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Don’t talk to me about BW2, ever. I don’t want to talk about it with you.
Betting on Kyurem, I’d personally like to see Spongebob vs Miku next.

DestinyDragonGS

DRAGON INSTALL!!!!
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon is very relaxed and enjoys analyzing things. This Pokemon is also quick to snark at anything that gives it an opportunity
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

That was interesting. Expected the opposite result personally. also I have no idea what the glitch near the end of round 1 was. I'm just going to chalk it up to good old mugen jank. The final exibition before we start the tournament will be...Flip a coin...Miku vs Spongebob. I should ask how many fighters do you guys want in the tournament. please answer in a multiple of 4. I'll make sure to put charizard and Cyndaquil (I couldn't find a Typlosion on the sites I use to get characters) in the tourny

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
32 Fighters would be interesting
I bet on Spongebob

DestinyDragonGS

DRAGON INSTALL!!!!
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Is it bad that I completely forgot about this?

Alright I'll try to have the introduction of all the characters up soon as I'm finalizing who's gonna be in

Fool

I’m too tired for this.
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
Call me whatever you want.
Pokémon Type
Ghost
Pokédex Entry
Don’t talk to me about BW2, ever. I don’t want to talk about it with you.
Yup, I knew Miku would win by default. Her AI is broken beyond broken.

DestinyDragonGS

DRAGON INSTALL!!!!
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
Alright let's do this. Hello! Hello! and Welcome to the Third Nuzlocke Forums Mugen Tournament!

Link to the original thread: https://nuzlockeforums.com/forum/threads/inactive-don-raviolis-mugen-coliseum.14437/

I'd link to the second one which I made but all the videos from that thread are gone soooooo yeah.

Rules:
Double elimination meaning if a character loses they have a chance to climb out of a loser bracket for another chance at the top.
Each match will be best of one and each fight will be first to 2 rounds
I'll be releasing fights one block at a time so in round one you guys will have 4 fights to predict each day and round 2 there will be 2 and so on.

Anyways let's introduce our fighters!

Name: Cyndiquil
Series: Pokemon
Gameplay style: Custom (6 button)

I don't have much to say about this one. It's a cyndiquil. The only thing of note besides how few attacks it has is that half it's attacks seem to cost meter to use.

Name: Hotaru
Game: Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Gameplay style: Garou Mark of the wolves.

My main from Garou. I actually have no idea how good her ai is. but from what I can tell this is a very faithful adaptation of her gameplay. She's pretty much a shoto. Like most of Garou's cast to a degree. Not much else to note outside of the tops system which mean when she hits a certain amount of health she get's increased stats.

Name: Kung Fu Man
Game: Mugen
Gameplay style: Custom (4 button)

The Good ol' Mugen Classic. This guy come packaged with the Mugen engine and is probably one of the most edited character's around. Behind Ronald McDonalded, Orochi, and Len of course. IOn an eternal quest to save his girlfriend from the evil Suave Dude. Kung Fu Man uses his knowledge of Karate to take down his foes. I actually gave him an AI patch to make him not die instantly so he should do well. [/SPOILER]

Name: Lucina
Series: Fire Emblem
Gameplay style: Custom (3 button)

I don't have much to say about Lucina here. Mostly because I don't have to say much. I'd be surprised if anyone here didn't know who she was.

Name: Suave Dude
Gameplay Style: Custom (4 button)

The infamous Suave Dude. Eternal rival of Kung Fu man and the one for the longest time nobody made. As originally Mugen lore stated he was never made as a fighter. Suave Dude has a pretty decent ai meaning he shouldn't do too bad in this.

Name: Evil Kung Fu Man
Gameplay style: Custom (4 button)

Kung Fu Man's evil Robotic doppelganger created by Suave Dude. The most interesting thing to note is that one of his intros has him cheap shoting the other character starting them in disadvantage.

Name: Mario
Series: Super Mario Bros.
Gameplay Style: Custom (6 button)

Do I even need to explain who this is? This Mario is a combo machine using moves from his various appearances over the years with his Starman super making him invincible allowing him to bring on even more pain to his enemies. He actually has a couple powered up palettes that we probably won't be seeing in this tournament in order to keep things balanced. Well as balanced as Mugen can be.

Name: Clippit
Gameplay Style: Custom (6 button)

Looks like our good ol pal office assistant is pissed that he got discontined and wants to let out some steam. This wacky character uses all sorts of super fast and weird attacks to get the jump on foes including throwing a printer at them.

Name: Nu-13
Series: BlazBlue
Gameplay style: BlazBlue Calamity Trigger

Nu-13 is a boundary interface prime field device who wields the Murikumo (which I totally spelled wrong) unit who's ultimate goal is to....What? You guys don't care about the lore and just want me to get on with the gameplay explanation? Fine:crying:
Nu is a 4 button zoning character who has the power to not only lock the opponent in place and can combo from the other side of the screen. I'm going to be honest. She won the last tournament I did on this forum. Never got posted because me and laziness but she did win. Let's see if she can pull it off again!

Name: Ragna the Bloodedge
Gameplay style: Modified BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle

Ah good ol Sir Swears alot himself. Ragna is a rush down character with a focus on spacing. He has plenty of tools allowing him to mix up his opponents and close the gaps as well as a move called dead spike which let's him keep the pressure on. But his real power lies within Soul Eater. An ability which let's him drain the life of his opponent in order to heal himself. Let's see if he can life steal his way to victory

Name: Es
Seies: Xblaze/ BlazBlue
Gameplay style: Gameplay style: Modified BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle

Es is a balenced character who relies on good spacing and a passive aggressive playstyle in order to wear down her foes. Useless trivia about me. I originally thought Es was a guy. I know that sounds incredibly stupid considering well look at her. Essentially the video for her theme where I was introduced to her had her zoomed in and in a pose that hid her dress and chest. Which is kinda an achievement all things considered.

Name: Jin Kisaragi
Gameplay style: Gameplay style: Modified BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle

I see there's a bit of a pattern here :sweatdrop:

I'll keep this brief. Jin is BlazBlue's shoto. There done.

Name: Hazama
Gameplay style: Marvel vs Capcom

For some reason this Hazama is based off of Marvel vs Capcom rather then his home series. Guess I'll just have to wait for the modified cross tag battle version of him to be made....What's interesting is that he actually has a super mode...Which his ai will never use. He's also capable of infinites which is cool. That should cover it.

Name: Sol Badguy
Series: Guilty Gear
Gameplay style: Guilty Gear

The titualr Guilty Gear. This Sol is based off his X2 appearance and he hits pretty damn hard. being able to preform his infamous dustloop once he gets the opponent in the corner

Name Hatsune Miku
Gameplay style: a mix of Guilty Gear and Melty Blood

You guys have seen her in action. you know what she can do.

Name: Spongebob
Series: Spongebob Squarepants
gameplay Style: custom

Spongebob me boy is here to try and take his revenge

Name: Sion Eltinum Atlasia.
Series: Melty Blood
Gameplay style: Under Night In-Birth

This Eltinum is based off her Under Night appearance with a mix of all three of her styles from Melty Blood. The only thing I don't like about this character is all her Etherite attacks are invisible.

Name: Caterpie
Gameplay style: custom

This Caterpie is surprisingly not a joke character. It actually has some pretty nice tricks up it's sleeve and has the ability to rapidly generate super meter by eater a berry.

Name: Omynite
Gameplay style: custom (6 button)

Lord Helix has decided to grace us with his divine presence as he attempts to take the crown for himself! He can pull a ton of devastating long range attacks and will zone his way to victory!

Name: Yoshi
Series: Super Mario Bros.
Gamplay style: sort of Super Smash Bros.

This yoshi is clearly based off his smash counterpart and has plenty of moves from said game. Incluing Egg Throw and Egg Roll. Will Yoshi beable to egg all over the competition?

Name: Dizzy
Series: Guilty Gear
Gameplay style: Guilty Gear.

Dizzy is a highly mobile Zoning character who can create devastating set play situations using her "Ice Fish" to lock the opponent in place as she runs mix up after mix up. Making her even deadlier is that her attacks tend to do above average damage to the opponent with the trade off being that she has very low health.

Name: Monika
Game: Doki Doki Literature Club
Gameplay style: Boss

This is probably the most unique entrant in our tournament. in that she's actually a boss character. However I find her to be balanced enough that she should be allowed in. Not to mention she serves as a nice check to certain other characters.

Name: Latias
Gameplay style: Pokemon Type Wild.

This latias is a custom character based off the fan game pokemon type wild. she has plenty of tricks including thunder wave which stuns the opponent and can be looped as well as attract. She is also able to call on her brother as an assist

Name: Blitztank
Series: Akasuki Blitzkumf
Gameplay style: Modified BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle

It's a fucking tank.

Name: Blue Falcon
Series: F-Zero
Gameplay Style: custom

Not gonna lie this is here as a joke

Name: White Len
Series: Melty Blood
Gameplay Style Custom (6 button)

An in universe clone of Len. This one uses a custom 6 button playstle and is capable of a fair amount of combos as well as a decent amount of mix ups. I wish I had more to say but I just haven't tested her very much.

Name: Yu Narukami
Series: Persona
Playstyle: Modified Cross Tag Battle

Narukami is capable of plenty of combos as well as having a good balance of attack types due to his shoto toolkit as well as being enhanced by BlazBlue's combo system. Unfortunately he lacks the ability to switch personas but shouldn't need it to dominate the competition! Right?

Name: Adachi
Series: Persona
Playstyle: Modified Cross Tag Battle

Come on you can't have Yu in a tournament without Adachi as a counter part. Adachi is a versatile Rushdown character were a fair amount of tricks. But that's not what makes him so deadly. Since this is based off his appearence in cross tag all his supers from Ultimax have been converted into specials raising the sheer damage and mix up potential he has.

Name: Pikachu
Gameplay style: Sort of like smash

The most interesting thing about pikachu here is that I believe it can do damage just but knocking you into the corner. Other then that it's pikachu. What you see is what you get.

Name: Lambda-11
Gameplay style: Marvel vs Capcom

Nu's older sister here plays differently enough that I think she has the right to be here if anything to see if she can out do her.

Name: K'
Series: King of Fighters
Gameplay style: King of Fighters

K' is a rush down character (I think) with an emphasis on combos the stem from his Ein Trigger spesial as well as Max Mode which let's him cancel his specials into each other.

Name: Charizard
Series Pokemon
Gameplay Style: Marvel vs capcom

It's charizard. It uses some of it's smash move set in the MvC style. Not much else to say here

[/SPOILER]

Alright with that out of the way let's begin!

There are our fights. Ready set predict!

DestinyDragonGS

DRAGON INSTALL!!!!
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dragon
Pokédex Entry
I didn't forget this time!

Alright here's the next set!

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Dark
Pokédex Entry
I'd copy-paste the Zorua Pokedex entry, but I'm too lazy.
Racist Clippy deeply disturbs me and I hope he is crushed into the dust when he next plays.

ALSO BLITZTANK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)