Nuzlocke Community Top 50 - 2022 Edition!

Extravanganza Accordian Demo Extravanganza Accordian Demo Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
let's play favourites once again

Alolan Floatzel

gay and confused
Contributor
Badges
Pronouns
He/Him
Dex Entry like a regular floatzel, but with a pair of sick shades on
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Gentle
It's that time of year again, folks! We've been off for a couple of years and a whole Pokémon generation, but I am very excited to announce that the Nuzlocke Community Top 50 poll is making its return just in time for the release of Scarlet and Violet! That's right: we are once again gathering input from any and every forumite that wishes to participate in order to determine the Nuzlocke Forum's most collectively beloved Pokémon.

For the uninitiated, this is how it works:
  • To submit a vote, post in this thread with a list of your top ten favourite Pokémon. Feel free to go into as much or as little detail as you like when it comes to your choices - you can add supplementary images and talk about why you picked the Pokémon you did, or add none of that at all! It's up to you.
  • You can edit your list as many times as you like up until the voting period closes. However, if you are going to make any edits, please reach out to me via PM or Discord informing me of the edits to make sure they're recorded properly.
  • Depending on how you ranked your list, the Pokémon you chose will be awarded points. The Pokémon you put in first place will get 10 points, the one you put in second place will get 9 points, the one you put in third place will get 8 points, and so on.
  • After the poll is closed, points will be tabulated and the top 50 will be ranked. Ties in point total will be broken by total number of votes, then number of first-place votes, then second-place votes, and so on.
  • If there are any hard ties within the top 50 - that is, two Pokémon received the same number of votes in all the same placements - a runoff will be held for 48 hours after the end of the poll to break the tie.
  • Feel free to have a look at the last top 50 poll to see how it all went down last time! (Click here for a direct link to the results!)
Here are some guidelines to keep in mind while voting - please read these carefully, as not following these could result in your vote not being counted.
  • Please vote for individual Pokémon only - no voting for entire evolutionary lines in one spot, no ties for a certain spot, etc.
  • You may only include a Pokémon in your list once. I totally get that some people might feel compelled to put Muk in all ten spots on their list, but we want to be fair to everyone.
  • Regional variants (eg Alolan Vulpix, Hisuian Zorua, etc) will be counted separately from their default forms. If you do not specify that you are voting for a regional variant in your post, the points will go to the default form. Voting specifically for the Fire- or Water- type forms of Paldean Tauros will just give the points to Paldean Tauros.
  • Specifying a vote for any other alternate form of a Pokémon (such as Rotom or Kyurem, or any Mega Pokémon) will also give the points to the default form.
Finally, some general rules:
  • Please be respectful of everyone's decisions, during the poll and after the results. Everyone has their equally valid reasons for liking certain Pokémon, and it's not nice to be judgmental or pretentious about them.
  • When posting your list, I'd really appreciate it if it was made clear whether you're counting 1st place up to 10th or 10th place down to 1st - this may seem like a silly thing to say, but sometimes it's hard to tell!
  • If I contact you to change your list, which implies your ranking is unclear in a way that makes it unable to be properly recorded, you must change it before polling closes or your list will not be counted.
This year, the end of the poll will coincide with the end of the Extravaganza, so polling will close at 11:59 PM EST on Friday, February 17th.

If you're having trouble deciding what should be on your list, here are some resources:
Favorite Pokémon Picker (if the picker isn't showing Pokémon from all 9 generations, you can fix that in the Options tab)
List of all Pokémon

The last poll saw a literal dark horse winner in Umbreon and lots of surprises throughout the entire ranking! How will this year's poll shake things up further? What new Pokémon from Scarlet and Violet will make a splash? You'll just have to stay tuned to find out!

Without further ado, I declare this year's poll to be OPEN! Here's to a great turnout!

7db98764ac0015886de418b0ff46f338.jpg

#10 - Staraptor

this is the first time i've put staraptor on my top 10 i think! tbh there isn't really a super profound reasoning for this one, i just think it's hella badass. however, my draft league team name has been the toronto staraptors (a play on the toronto raptors) for a very long time now, and my fondness for this pokémon has very much grown as i've kept the name. so i think this cool bird deserves to be up here at last.
ddruua9-ce6c5da2-9a38-4de1-ab36-274a68fe48e6.png

#9 - Starmie

wow i just realized i have two "star" pokémon in a row LOL

i have really grown to love starmie over the years! as far as generation 1 designs go, it's definitely among those that have stood the test of time, and at this point after completing many FRLG/BW2 runs and a few more years in the draft league wringer i've come to really appreciate its versatility and power in both nuzlockes and competitive play. also this thing is just so, so gay. it's a freaking shiny star. like. cmon.
e70d816b88f1b2d76ed1747ea07ba329.jpg

#8 - Crobat

i dunno about you, but i think zubats in nuzlockes get such a bad rap. for some reason people like to talk shit because of how common it is. however, for me, zubat as an implementation in any pokémon game (except for scarlet and violet, sob) is a blessing. i am always so excited when i find a zubat when i'm doing a nuzlocke, because crobat is easily one of the most reliable things to have on any nuzlocke team. it's crazy fast, has an excellent defensive typing, evolves pretty early in the game, and is great for recovery and pivoting if you're playing hardcore. i have used this thing as a mainstay in a good majority of runs i've done and i just love it to pieces.
a85fijpbu1721.jpg

#7 - Zeraora

this one is here purely for its competitive prowess! being in an excellent speed tier and being one of like, two viable physical electric types make zeraora one of my go-tos in draft. i've probably drafted zeraora more than any other pokémon and when i do i find myself compelled to bring it to most games. it's also got a lot of ways to use it so i never get bored of playing with it, but it doesn't have SO many options that i find myself not knowing how to make the most of its full potential - tbh zeraora is just the perfect pokémon for me!
ddfshlb-5201d60d-979f-4f8d-9cfc-64f085c80bad.png

#6 - Cyndaquil

don't rly need to explain this one just look at him he's so cute!!!!!!!!!! i love him so much!!!!!!!!!! baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!
d84yob9-ed45ac0d-b007-438f-ab90-c0ba012ec44f.jpg

#5 - Volcarona

volcarona was just one of those pokemon that i immediately fell in love with the first time i saw it. it was on my first ever vgc team and while i have not had as many opportunities to use it in draft i would certainly love to use it more. it is one of the best designs to come out of gen 5 in my opinion and although larvesta usually evolves too late for me to really get a decent use out of it in game, i have many fond memories in gen 5 breeding for vgc teams with my level 100 volcarona with flame body just running up and down the skyarrow bridge for hours. getting a volcarona in any game always makes me feel safe and at home and like everything is right with the universe.
EJ6hUQRU4AAtGQT.jpg:large

#4 - Rotom

god i love rotom so so so much. its concept is just so unimaginably cool and the fact that it has six different forms makes it ridiculously easy to just pick up in draft and have it in your back pocket as a reliable pivot (and i have made use of all six forms at this point, by the way!). it's also GREAT in platinum nuzlockes, and its availability in scarlet and violet on top of the rotom catalogue being available i imagine definitely makes it a powerhouse there as well. i have been a huge rotom fan for as long as i can remember and i am more than happy to give it #4 on my ranking.
Crh2XP4XYAAV0aH.jpg:large

#3 - Stufful

stufful has slid down a couple places since my last ranking, but it is still very solidly one of my favourite pokémon. my stufful plushie, affectionately named snuffles, is still one of my most prized possessions, and finally getting to use it and bewear ingame in sword and shield was just so incredibly fun. i love my lil cutie pie babby so much, i just wanna give him a hug!!!

FUNN6woWIAEF5ck
ECoJxq2UwAAgqwj.jpg

#2 - Ampharos

my sheepy boi has stayed at the top of my favourites list pretty consistently for as long as i can remember. having an ampharos on my team in any playthrough just feels like a warm hug. i've used it in HGSS, colosseum, and XD countless times, and had one on a couple of BW2 runs as well. i was absolutely gutted when i found out ampharos wouldn't be in the dex for sword and shield, but when i found a mareep for the first time when playing violet i was absolutely elated. originally, i wasn't going to keep it on the team permanently - i was using it as a placeholder until i could replace it with a new pokémon, more or less - but i just ended up not having the heart to replace it. stella the ampharos is now a mainstay on my original first playthrough of violet and i feel like i've grown even closer to ampharos because of it.
__floatzel_pokemon_drawn_by_nagakura_seven_walkers__sample-d24933cb40d1c48abd93c5d585e00be5.jpg

#1 - Floatzel

oh wow, what a surprise!

so fun fact for y'all - despite my username, floatzel hasn't always been at the #1 spot on my favourites list. it's usually floated (lol) around the top 4, but my circumstances and relationship to other mons have usually pushed them higher above it while it's kind of just remained a passive favourite. but this year, i actually finally was able to see one grow in an actual playthrough!

for those who don't know, my username is in honour of a floatzel i had in my very first nuzlocke of platinum, who came in as the resident water type after my prinplup died, wrecked fantina's shit, and continued to go on a tear through the sinnoh region before dying in candice's gym. since then, though, despite how common buizel is in a fair number of games, i have never really found the space to include one on a nuzlocke team just due to the fact that floatzel is unfortunately outclassed by a lot of other water types that are obtainable.

however, in my first (non-nuzlocke) run of violet, when i saw a buizel walking about in the wild, i knew i had to keep it on my team until the very end of the run. and i love my floaty boi delta so so much. he's my son and my bestie. this generation has really reinforced just how much i love this pokémon!

Last edited:

Champ Siggi

Currently owns a marshtomp named "Champ"
Badges
Pronouns
He/Him
Dex Entry Very mysterious.
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 15, 2022
  1. Squirtle
  2. Snorlax
  3. Wobuffet
  4. Shuckle
  5. Grappoloct
  6. Unown
  7. Mew
  8. Cetitan
  9. Iron treads
  10. Miraidon

SayleeK

Johto League Champion
Badges
Pronouns
She/her
Dex Entry Between long periods of dormant slumber, this writer rises again for periods of activity that leave piles of dead fictional Pokemon in their wake
Pronouns
She/her
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Careful
My top 10 for nuzlockes, from best to 10th best:

1. Gyarados
  2. Butterfree
  3. Charizard
  4. Arbok
  5. Luxray
  6. Corviknight
  7. Marowak
  8. Infernape
  9. Typhlosion
  10. Tentacruel

I'm trying not to be too much of a genwunner but dammit they're good Pokemon. Also if it's just generically my top 10 then tbh it's the first 10 Fire-types in Gen 1 in pokedex order so at least this has a LITTLE more variety than that :v

Akane

Weird
Badges
Pronouns
He/him
Dex Entry This pokèmon has a strange passion for the number 9, I wonder why. Bisexual.
Pronouns
He/him
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 7, 2021
Nature
Lonely
10) Iron Valiant. Gallade was already one of my favorite mons, but Iron Valiant is literally just cooler. I love it.
9) Gholdengo. It's just so funny. Also it's literally the best mon in both OU and VGC and spamming Make it Rain is incredibly satisfying
8) Whimsicott. Cute uwu.
7) Lucario. Mega Lucario, specifically.
6) Ok incredibly underrated, no one will pick them, but. TING-LU. I LOVE THIS MON. THE BEST TREASURE OF RUIN BY FAR. EVERYONE HATES THEM WHYYYY THE DESIGN IS SO GOOOD
5) Koraidon. I absolutely fell in love with them while playing, I actually liked Miraidon more. But men they're so... majestic. Idk. Really cool.
4) FLUTTER MANE. Man Misdreavus was already top 10, but Flutter Mane is just BEAUTIFUL.
3) Calyrex. My favorite mon before gen 9. I can't really explain why. I just love EVERYTHING about them.
2) Tinkaton is simply perfect, it's not overhyped at all. I actually want her to win this ngl. It prob has more chances than my first pick. #Tinkaton4thewin Tinkaton gang rise up!!!
1) Zeraora. I just started loving it all of a sudden. Idk why. It just looks incredibly cool though. Plasma Fists has a beautiful animation.

You can tell I loved gen 9 mons uh

Last edited:

Ymir

Snorlax is my mood
Badges
Pronouns
Unspecified
Dex Entry Entry unknown.
Pronouns
Unspecified
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 2, 2019
Nature
Calm
10. Poochyena
9. Linoone
8. Absol
7. Pikachu
6. Tropius
5. Flareon
4. Venusaur
3. Swampert
2. Meganium
1. Skiploom

CyanideCrystal

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Contributor
Badges
Pronouns
he/him
Dex Entry I like things that are old and broken and past their prime.
Pronouns
he/him
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 12, 2019
Nature
Quirky
10. Eternatus
9. Beautifly
8. Glameow :3
7. Floragato
6. Mewtwo
5. Mitotic
4. Alakazam my beloved
3. SALAMANCE!!!! FUCK IT UP!!!
2. Blaziken!!!!!!
1. Skitty :3

Toyotasomi no Miko

Toyo the Toyo, ft. Ultra Eviolite Rhydon
Badges
Pronouns
they/them
Dex Entry Howdy! I'm Toyo the Toyo. So this is what the inside of a Pokedex is like...
Pronouns
they/them
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Gen 9 has done a... little bit of list shaking. Okay, maybe a lot. Like half of the list are now Gen 9 things. Also my preferences have moved along in general. Now with TCG art for those with, or... other things for the new mons. I just picked things when relevant.
MamoswineAstralRadiance33.jpg

Mamoswine's a thing that's stuck with me since its inception for... some reason or another. I don't know what it is, but it's a nice thing and also super based.
StakatakaGXCelestialStorm102.jpg

Stakataka's my favorite Ultra Beast, but it was a little close with Buzzwole. Still, it wins out because it's so funny. Big ol' stack of alien bricks. What's not to like about it?
__nacli_pokemon_drawn_by_kaosu_kaosu0905__sample-6abf3e04668717996dece02f813a0df3.jpg
(Source: かおす (pixiv))
When it first got accidentally leaked in an official trailer, I was THE Nacli enjoyer. Even after the release, I still am. Its evolutions might not get the same degree of sheer design enjoyment, but don't worry, I like them too. Nacli's just the best of them. They're also the only 'mon here that isn't evolved at all, so everything from here on is a big boy.
FjEuYalWQAI8er7
(Source: PSaber97 (twitter))
I've honestly been wondering when we were gonna get a catfish for the longest time. Dondozo did not disappoint. It's got a good design, a fun name to even just say, and one of the hilarious statlines of all time. Seriously, it's absurd how good the thing is.
RegiceCrimsonInvasion28.jpg

Taking a break from the gen 9 mons from a bit, we have Regice. It's got a simple design, sure, but personally the charm to me is from all the Braille and puzzles. I wish we get more weird and obtuse but solvable things like that in the future.
VespiquenAstralRadiance12.jpg

Here's probably the most underrated mon that's on the list that I'm voting for. Is she the greatest thing in battle? No. Is she a pain to get in most games? Yeah. Do I still love her to bits regardless? Oh, absolutely. If you ever get a chance to in a Nuzlocke, try her out! She doesn't disappoint as a bulky attacker unless you put her in front of a rock type. Please don't put her in front of a rock type.
35j0432pvk2a1.png
(Source: i cannot find it for the life of me)
Sure, being the Corviknight killer is greatly exaggerated, but Tinkaton is still just one of the best Pokémon from the generation. She's not the best because that goes to #2 on the list, but I love her regardless. She is so based. And, of course, she has the Gigaton Hammer.
ChandelureVMAXFusionStrike40.jpg

Chandelure is, bar none, the best thing to come out of Gen 5. It was actually my favorite for a while before things changed during one of my fangame escapades. Chandelure is super funny and simple, yet devastating in the right hands.
FhjKK_qXgAIv7PY
(Source: rcortezdraws (twitter))
Ting-Lu. Good lord, Ting-Lu. I didn't expect anything out of the non-cover legends back in the times of prerelease, them to just be another gang, but Ting-Lu nails the type of design I love a lot. The greatest thing from Gen 9, and I hope we get even more 'mons of this high quality in the future.
6) Ok incredibly underrated, no one will pick them, but. TING-LU. I LOVE THIS MON. THE BEST TREASURE OF RUIN BY FAR. EVERYONE HATES THEM WHYYYY THE DESIGN IS SO GOOOD
quotes that aged poorly
RhydonSwordShield98.jpg

Look, if you know me at all, you probably saw this coming. One day a fangame just enables you to use a hilariously broken Rhydon and all of a sudden it is now your favorite Pokémon. It's one hell of a pipeline, I'll tell you what. I doubt it'll get number one, but I still gotta give my shoutouts to the champ in my heart.

Black Viper

Conqueror of the Blackthorn Gym
Badges
Pronouns
She/her
Dex Entry Considered bitter by many.
Pronouns
She/her
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 15, 2022
Nature
Sassy
10. Crobat
9. Muk
8. Espeon
7. Marowak
6. Feraligatr
5. Seviper
4. Nidoqueen
3. Pidgeot
2. Furret
1. Arbok

Shenili

B)
Pronouns
he/him
Dex Entry Entry unknown.
Pronouns
he/him
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 12, 2019
  1. Oshawott - I started with Unova and it shows
  2. Audino - in one of my first Nuzlockes if not the first one I actually comepleted Audino the Krapfen was my MVP
  3. Toedscool - Tentacool was already charming in its own way but the way this thing walks- I just can't
  4. Porygon - I love the design of it
  5. Sigilyph - surprisingly strong, was always memorable in my Unova runs, even if I didn't use it much
  6. Cryogonal - I like it, because no one likes it and I somehow own like, 15 cards of it
  7. Galarian Slowpoke - I like its color scheme, elevates Slowpoke to the next level
  8. Unown - I loved the mysteries ad creepypastas behind it
  9. Koraidon - It just seems so charming, I prefer Scarlet over Violet just because of it
  10. Lunatone - again, one of those mons that is simple but also mysterious and rare enough that I just want to include it

Gecko

Pure of heart, dumb of ass
Badges
Pronouns
he/she/they
Dex Entry An awkward lil reptile who is just trying their best
Pronouns
he/she/they
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 20, 2020
Nature
Calm
Just redid the favorite Pokémon picker since it had been a while, and the results even surprised me! Here are my votes, from best to 10th best:

1. Spheal

It shouldn't surprise me that this little guy eventually supplanted my long-standing favorite, Lugia. Look at this. Does it not spark joy? Is it not the cutest, most perfect creature ever conceived? Spheal is the best Pokémon. Spheal with it :)

2. Salandit

This dude's been in second place since it was released. I don't think I need to explain at all :P

3. Lugia

Ever since Pokémon 2000, I fell in love at first sight with this Pokémon and never stopped loving it. Even though I'm feeling Spheal and Salandit a bit more at this point in time, Lugia will never cease to be an amazing Pokémon that I felt a really personal connection to.

4. Noivern

Another "love at first sight" Pokémon. The moment this beast was revealed in gen 6, it became an instant top 10 for me. The color scheme is sublime and the design is a perfect balance of bat with draconic features.

5. Bayleef

The Chikorita line gets so much hate for being less offensively-focused than its other starter counterparts, but the designs for this whole line are stellar. Bayleef is my personal favorite of the three. It's very endearing and cute, but it has just a hint of edge in that sharp leaf on its head that has a piece missing. Also, Grass-type supremacy.

6. Slither Wing

We've got our first newcomer in spot 6! Slither Wing has, by far, the absolute sickest design of any of the paradox forms. They took an already awesome Pokémon and made it look so feral and prehistoric while still retaining the design elements of the original to keep it very recognizable. Peak design. Give a raise to whoever made this mon.

7. Hisuian Zoroark

Another pretty new addition to the Pokémon roster, but a very welcome one! Like my pick for 6th best, Hisuian Zoroark is a prime example of how to create a variant of an existing Pokemon. Zoroark was already an amazing and beloved design, but swapping it from black to white and making its hair even more wild and wispy was just the right touch for this mon.

8. Breloom

A classic. Look at this mushroom dino. Mushroom dino. It is a dinosaur with a mushroom hat and stretchy arms. C'mon. You're crazy if you don't love this dude.

9. Togekiss

This thing fills my heart with joy. It looks like the softest thing on the planet. It's so SHAPED. It has a happy little smiley face all day long. I want to take this thing home and use it as a pillow.

10. Lairon

For a long time, Aggron was one of my favorite Pokémon and I still think it's super cool, but something about Lairon just vibes with me more now. I like that it's on all fours and has such cool shapes for the iron plates down its back. It feels very dinosaur-adjacent without being full-on dinosaur, y'know? It's a very pleasing design.

TheTRUEgge

three of them?? this has gotten out of hand!
Badges
Pronouns
She/Her
Dex Entry This Pokémon has too many ideas for their own good.
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 9, 2019
Nature
Quiet
oh my oh boy how many birds can I shove onto my list???

1. Togekiss! My first sona, also just really fun to use and a lovely design
2. Houndoom! Such a good doggo, just misunderstood!! I love it…
3. Ampharos! Specifically the mega form, because I love fluff very much.
4. Talonflame! A red-shouldered hawk that’s also a fire bird????? literally Talonflame is so cool, and it being good in G6 comp was also my intro to competitive battling
5. Decidueye! Because of grasshopper.
6. Flamigo! Listen I love the design I love the pun name it’s so so good
7. Corviknight! This guy has absolutely carried me through nuzlockes before, I love using it!
8. Mudsdale! Same as above, but lower because it’s harder to draw lmao.
9. Ho-Oh! I just think phoenixes are cool ok
10. Quilava!!! He’s just a little guy.

okay so the list is half birds half arson and also a sheep and a horse. I’ll take this.

KirbyIsPink

new copy ability: sandwich
Badges
Pronouns
He/Him
Dex Entry Perfectly round... as all things should be
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Oh right none of these are Gen 9 mons

359.png

Rayquaza

it's a big noodle

Also I got tricked into Shiny Hunting in BDSP so now I have a Shiny Rayquaza.
joltik-record-player.gif

Joltik

this thing is so small also bug/electric is a cool type combination
ribombee-pokemon.gif

Ribombee

It's a little bee with a scarf and it's also the original Pollen Puff mon and I just think that Pollen Puff is a cool move.
pokemon-flower.gif

Floette

small fairy holds flower like a parasol

Usually I don't care about middle evolutions that much but for some reason I like Floette the most out of the Flabebe family
flygon-vibrava.gif

Flygon

A decent amount of people like the idea of turning Flygon into a Bug/Dragon type. Personally I dislike that idea since it takes away from it being known as the Desert Spirit in basically all of its Pokedex entries. Though if you've beaten Scarlet/Violet, you can kind of tell where I'm trying to go with that idea...
reasonsimbroke-venusaur-bulbasaur.gif

Venusaur

froggy
4DniP84.png

Wooper

My entire personality in Nuzvivor is based off of two Pokemon. Wooper is one of them
mamoswine-drip.gif

Mamoswine

Ice/Ground is a cool type combo. Also I've played quite a bit of Pokemon Unite over the past year and Mamoswine's always been the mon that I tend to go back to regardless of whatever meta shifts take place. Easily my favorite mon to play as in that game.
music-porygon.gif

Porygon2

So this is the other Pokemon that my entire personality is based off of in Nuzvivor. The entire family really but Porygon2 goes here because it still looks like a silly duck.

I didn't even intend for P2 to be the number 2 spot on this list
hophop-swampert.gif

Swampert

go fishe

Chess

birds can't hurt me these shades are gucci
Badges
Pronouns
She/Her/They/Them
Dex Entry can be bribed with shiny objects and spices to do household repairs. utterly incapable of many things, but does them anyway
Pronouns
She/Her/They/Them
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Docile
ohoho. descending order by rank
reader beware! you're in for a scare couple of gen 9 mons in the list

168Ariados_GS.png

10: Ariados

this one i'm gonna be honest came out of nowhere. i don't know when or how it happened, one day the spirit of guzma entered my body and told me that i was gonna be a gen 2 bug defender, and that was that

Rush346Body.png

9: Cradily

my favorite genre of animal is animals that look and act more like like plants than actual plants do

250Ho-Oh_GS.png

8: Ho-Oh

shocking and horrifying all my friends and peers by revealing that i actually really like fire types. and it's all thanks to this gay bird

Black_Kyurem_White_Kyurem_artwork.jpg

7: Kyurem

I think I'd make the argument that the peak for Pokemon storytelling was not necessarily black and white so much as the lore around the dragons - with kyurem at its center and its meaning still more or less unconfirmed. it's the original broken legendary and perhaps the only pseudo-box-legend that actually managed to be restrained enough to have a presence in comp singles, which I think adds to the mystique - the idea that by the time you're able to find this once-all powerful god it's a barely living remnant of what it once was, while still being more or less on par with many of the strongest standard pokemon around leaves you to wonder what it was like at its peak - and as much as Game Freak has spent the last eleven years iterating on that question, even answering it in the case of necrozma, I hope that the original is never actually revealed

047Parasect_RB.png

6: Parasect

thot this one was gonna be higher since it's been my brand since the last top ten but in my defense the next set is just real good

1001.png

5: Wo-Chien

people saw this thing and went "that's a chessa pokemon" and they were fucking right

597531566515945493.webp

4: Vileplume

plime <3

154Meganium_GS.png

3: Meganium

i want to take at least partial credit for the meganium resurgence that's happened over the last few years, even though that's probably super presumptuous of me, but also? this has been in my favorites since i picked it way back in 1999 and i'm going to keep defending it until the mods ban me for something

988.png

2: Slither Wing

I think this is the first time in the almost 30 years that this franchise has been around that i've seen a newly introduced pokemon get universal acclaim, and honestly it's not hard to see why. slither wing takes one of the most loved bug types and iterates on it in a way that makes it a) even more cuddly and b) a fucking dinosaur, uniting the two disparate halves of this fandom (people that like dinosaurs and people that like fluffy guys)

Shuffle071.png

Victreebel

don't know what to say about this one aside from AAAEEEEEEEEEEGH [eats james]

Nate

A friend
Badges
Pronouns
he/him
Dex Entry Your Honor, I'd like to ask the esteemed members of the jury: who amongst us *hasn't* been in a knife fight in the dumpster behind the Denny's?
Pronouns
he/him
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
  1. Onix
  2. Aggron
  3. Shuckle
  4. Typhlosion-standard
  5. Ditto
  6. Terrakion
  7. Alomomola
  8. Krookodile
  9. Aerodactyl
  10. Phanpy

Rubombee

Moth · the ace that stays up the sleeve
Badges
Pronouns
they/them, shey/ther
Dex Entry banned for explaining the joke
Pronouns
they/them, shey/ther
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Quiet
so i did the favorite pokémon picker thing which was already painfully hard enough, but now i have to ORDER them too? help me god
i dont think i have enough willpower left to write explanations i am posting this in roughly the order the site gave me and then running away
  1. Calyrex
  2. Yveltal
  3. Sneasler
  4. Armarouge
  5. Flutter Mane
  6. Alolan Marowak
  7. Xerneas
  8. Lurantis
  9. Greninja
  10. Ribombee
rip ledian. you were almost there

SprungGeoduck

Johto League Champion
Badges
Pronouns
She/they
Dex Entry Entry unknown.
Pronouns
She/they
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2019
Nature
Timid
ALRIGHT

it just so happens that i did favourite pokemon picker recently!

reasoning is for chumps

10. Manectric
9. Breloom
8. Tympole
7. Goodra
6. Wormadam
5. Krookodile
4. Ludicolo
3. Infernape
2. Heliolisk
1. Excadrill

pikafan96

That Little Yellow Rat
Badges
Pronouns
She/Her
Dex Entry A reclusive creature. Can rarely be seen scavenging for food late at night.
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 27, 2020
Nature
Quiet
I'm gonna list from the bottom of my list (number ten) and work my way to the top of the list (my favorite Pokemon overall being number one).
I also just realized that my top five Pokemon have been nailed down for years, but six through ten were much harder to pin down.

dialga-weakness-in-pokemon-go.jpg

Dialga

I was debating with myself if I wanted to put Dialga or Mew at number ten, but settled on Dialga.

Back in the day, just shortly before Diamond and Pearl came to the US, little 11-year-old me was experiencing something most children go through - wondering if you're too old for something. I was feeling a bit burnt out over Pokemon (I was hyper-focused on all the games during gen 3 and played them all way too much) and was starting to wonder if I even liked Pokemon anymore.
Then one day when my aunt was taking me to Gamestop to get a new DS stylus (because I either chewed through or lost all of mine) there on the shelf I saw this proud beast. There was an ad showcasing the two newest Pokemon games that were soon to be released and I fell head over heels in love with Dialga's design. I managed to convince my aunt to preorder the new games for me and that was it.

Anyway, TLDR - I was losing interest in Pokemon as a whole until I saw Dialga's design as a kid and fell in love with it which convinced child me to give the series another go.

uwp1012381.jpeg

Lycanroc (Dusk)

It's really hard for newer Pokemon to crack my top ten (I'm old and nostalgic leave me alone) but I fell in love with Rockruff the day it was revealed; I'll admit part of it was due to the rumor that it was tied to the starters somehow and they all had split evolutions, but I still liked it even after that rumor was proven to be false.
Originally before its' dusk form was revealed, Midday Lycanroc was my favorite Rockruff evolution, but with a better ability and slightly cooler design Dusk Lycanroc won me over in the end.

Anyway, it's a good dog - best dog Pokemon as far as I'm concerned.

aFxPycb.jpeg

Scolipede

Best bug! Just look at it! It's a centipede horse! What's not to love!?
Seriously though, Scolipede is my favorite gen 5 Pokemon - and my favorite Pokemon from my favorite main series games (Black/White) deserves a spot on my top ten.
Not only does it have an awesome design, but it's hidden ability Speed Boost makes it a formidable foe. Personally I like to run it with Baton Pass and Swords Dance to swap into a sweeper, but Scolipede can also handle itself just fine if need be.

Overall a very fun Pokemon and the best looking bug-type in my personal opinion.

Is-there-a-Shiny-Rattata-in-Pokemon-Go-Spotlight-Hour-2021.jpeg

Rattata

Don't laugh at me.
Every single time I've used a Raticate in a nuzlocke it always makes it to the very end and usually somehow manages to become one of the biggest damage dealers on the team - I don't know why I've been blessed/cursed with the inability to kill Rattata/Raticate, but that's the lot I was given in life apparently.
Rattata was also my first random shiny (not counting the Red Gyarados and the Odd Egg from Crystal) I found, which has also helped to endear me to the little purple rat.
On top of all that I'm a sucker for simple Pokemon designs, and honestly it doesn't get much simpler than Rattata.

As for why I put Rattata instead of Raticate, well I just like the pre-evo more; Raticate isn't as cute.

Breloom_Iron_Tail.png.png

Breloom

I... I honestly don't know what to say for Breloom? I've kind of just always liked it.
Sure I've used it in a few harder harder fangames/ROM hacks, but I've also just used it a ton in regular games too. It's got some good abilities, but it's overall stat spread isn't anything ground-breaking.
Can I say I just like it because I like it? Because that's literally all I have to say.

Best mushroom/raptor/kangaroo/boxer that ever did exist.

4414.png

Garchomp

Dragon is my favorite typing, and about ten years ago Garchomp overtook Salamance as my favorite dragon-type.
It wasn't until a few years after Platinum came out did I finally succumb to the almighty Garchomp love. The mighty beast was the first Pokemon I ever competitively trained, and also the Pokemon that allowed me to make some headway into a post-game battle facility for the first time. Since then I've named all my Garchomp after that first Garchomp, and her lineage has survived to today.

So to summarize, big shark-dragon fight good.

mudkip.jpg

Mudkip

Before anyone says anything, I like the whole Mudkip line - but Mudkip specifically deserves the spotlight here.
No, not because of the meme.

This little mud-fish and I have been through it together. From Swampert helping me win my first league in Sapphire (alongside a Sheer Cold spamming Kyogre), to being my hero in the original Mystery Dungeon games (and later my partner in the Explorers games) - I've got a long history with the little guy.

My second favorite starter line and my favorite water-type starter in general; I'm entirely biased here.

3595.png

Umbreon

My favorite Eeveelution! In fact I liked Umbreon so much as a kid it almost to overtook a certain Pokemon's place as my favorite Pokemon - please note the almost.
I'm not as obsessed with it today as I was all those years ago, but it's still a fantastic Pokemon.
The sleek design, the moonlight theming, the minimal use of colors - it's just a very pleasant Pokemon to look at. It probably helps that I've always adored Eevee and its' evolutions, so of course my favorite Eeveelution would manage to make its' way so far up my top ten list.

10/10, would absolutely bring a bulky shadow-beast out to Toxic stall again.

charizard-1020862.png

Charizard

I know, everyone hates Charizard now - but I don't! Game Freak is going to have to try a little harder if they want me to get tired of my favorite starter!
I've loved the Charmander line since I first saw it in the anime; when I finally got my own in Yellow I was absolutely over the moon with excitement - I even remember naming it "Happy" because having it made me so happy.
Childhood nostalgia aside, Charizard still represents my ideal starter design. Animal-like, not humanoid, a simple design without too many bells and whistles, and of course it's a dragon - that last point doesn't really have to do with starter designs, I just like dragons a lot.

To summarize, you can take my Charizard from my cold dead hands.

Pikachu_Real_Name.jpg

Pikachu

I'm sure this comes as a surprise to quite literally no one - yes Pikachu is my favorite Pokemon.

I still remember the day I first was introduced to the Pokemon series; I was watching TV when my aunt came in and decided to show me a new cartoon that she heard about - and suddenly my little eyes were filled with the sight of Pikachu laughing at Ash's incompetence. I was instantly smitten.
Throughout my childhood Pikachu was ever-present; I can't even begin to tell you how many Pikachu plushies I still have from the late-90's. It's quite simply my comfort character.
I know Pikachu is the mascot of the series, and I know that whenever I tell someone that Pikachu is my favorite Pokemon they assume I'm not actually a Pokemon fan - but I legitimately don't care.
Pikachu is similar to an old friend, it's a comfortable character that reminds me of simpler days and there's nothing that's going to change that for me at this point.

I love Pikachu.

SnackyTheSylph

a weapon to surpass metal gear
Badges
Pronouns
Unspecified
Dex Entry I SWALLOW SLUDGE TO TRANSFORM MYSELF
Pronouns
Unspecified
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 28, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
1. Duskull
2. Dunsparce
3. Blacephalon
4. Vibrava
5. Sunflora
6. Yanma
7. Flareon
8. Togetic
9. Noivern
10. Wartortle

Hallow

hec
Badges
Pronouns
they/them
Dex Entry this pokémon is gay
Pronouns
they/them
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 18, 2019
Nature
Lonely
(favorite first)
1. Zorua
2. Joltik
3. Hisuian Zorua
4. Lurantis
5. Alolan Vulpix
6. Espurr
7. Chikorita
8. Sprigatito
9. Cetoddle
10. Lilligant

Last edited:

DIO

🍷 The Invader 🍷
Badges
Pronouns
「 The World 」
Dex Entry A shitposting vampire with all the time in the world matched with a very questionable sense of humour.
Pronouns
「 The World 」
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Naughty
1. 👑🥇 Chatot 🥇👑
2. Toedscruel
3. Weavile
4. Cherrim
5. Togekiss