• Drumroll please... The results for the 2020 Nuzforums Extravaganza are up! Congrats to all our participants and our winners this year for the 10th anniversary! #HappyNuzYear
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • This spooky-themed special episode wraps up the inaugural season of The Writer's Locke! As a sweetener we’ve included a roundtable with glancesherlock, all about Gracidea! Clocking in at around 100 minutes, this episode is an absolute chonker and an utter delight. Thank you for your support, Nuzforums!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Nuzlocke Advice Nuzlocke Challenges to Read?

Blacksheep28

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
Hey! I really love reading the Nuzlocke challenges. I've read After Armageddon and I'm working through that series, and I read a couple buglockes by Dustox that I found really fun. I'd like some suggestions on popular completed runs to check out. I'm leery about Nuzlockes set in Pokemon Black and White after the one nuzlocke I encountered that had the pokeballs brainwashing pokemon and the trainers being utterly oblivious to the system while battles were encouraged being fought to the death. Anything that focuses too heavily on pokemon abuse tends to be a bit much for me.

So, hit me up with suggestions?

Blacksheep28

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok clearly there aren't a lot of suggestions coming in, so I'm gonna start with the ones I've finished.

The lore of this story is really complicated, and I love the unique dynamic of actually being forced to play day and night in the game. The bonds with the pokemon, the characters, and the unique way it's told is utterly compelling. I actually stayed up late to finish reading this one and was left hanging by the ending. Definitely worth a read.

This isn't my favorite style of Nuzlocke, as it's rather tongue in cheek, but it was enjoyable to read and watch someone take the world by storm using bugs.

The sequel to the previous Nuzlocke. I absolutely love the switch to more in depth story telling, while still staying with what was previously established in the much more comedic previous tale. It was thrilling to read, and the surprise with the legendaries at the end turned this into a very fresh take.

It starts pretty jokey but quickly turns into a far more compelling story that drags you along with cute art.

This is one of the few Black and White Nuzlockes that wasn't so grim dark it left me traumatized. I did fall completely in love with the characters. Secret: baby Joltik is my favorite. The art is also incredible

The first two stories in this series are absolutely stunning. The author isn't afraid to take liberties in going outside of set events while still staying true to the spirit of the regions. While I feel the later stories are more repetitive and lose the punch that made the first story so incredible, it's still a must read.

Nate

A friend
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Rock
Pokédex Entry
Oh, so when Onix eats rocks and soil, it's fine, but when I do it, it's suddenly "an affront to nature" and "destroying Mrs. Crenshaw's zen garden"?
One of the easiest ways to find what runs to read the Extravaganza threads, which were sort of like an end of the year awards that the community votes on. I don't think any of those threads were ported when we changed forums, but you can find 2018's thread here.

mykehroo

holy moly i am worry
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 23, 2019
Nature
Adamant
Pronouns
i'm a dude brooooo
Pokémon Type
Grass, Ghost
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is currently kerfuffled by this feature. Kerfuffled isn't a word.
You can always look around in What's New and see if anything piques your interest.

Blacksheep28

Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She
Pokémon Type
Grass, Fairy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I died from the softness of this story. The beautiful art and the way the pokemon don't talk just blended together to create a really gentle world. I adored reading it and recommend it to everyone.

mizar

young, dumb, and full of you know ;)
Artist
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Dragon
Not sure if you're looking for only finished runs, but here's some comics that I'm keeping up with that have a chapter or two completed
Kurukkoo! - Gen 1 with lots of birds and cute character interactions Pretty short read, ~30 regular sized pages
Burn Away - Gen 6 Gijinkalocke, made me cry at times. Very story focused. ~40 long pages
Fiasco - Gen 2, don't be fooled by the first few pages, this run has beautiful art and tense moments. Short read, ~12 long pages
Cammy's Silver Nuzlocke - Gen 2, really funny and good quality run. ~40 long pages
The Pokedex Project - Gen 3 (leafgreen), first nuzlocke comic I read. Story focused, but also follows canon. ~60 pages varying in length

I recommend looking through the fan challenge runs because there's a lot more out there. The extravaganza will be coming around again soon too, which is great for finding new reads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)