• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Have YOU been itching for a zine? Look no further! Arowana is hosting sign-ups for their Nuzlocke Zine until July 24th... or when slots fill up!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • 🎊🎊🎊 Happy Nuzyear! The 11th annual Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza has closed, but you can find the user promotionals HERE and the final results HERE Go read all about these cool runs!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Nuzforums Smash Tournament 3: Sponsored by Disney

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
Until we get a C&D from Disney

hobohunter

Just the worst
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Dragon
So I've been planning to set this up for a while now. Ever since Sora, the last DLC character, got released. Unfortunately real life decided to kick me in the balls and it took till now to recover (and countless nagging, but that's okay)

We have a fun discord to talk about smash and set up matches and stuff. Here's the link to the Discord

Here are the fun rules:

1. 3 stock 8 minute timer

2. No Items, FS meter, spirits...The works basically

3. whether or not this will be double elimination or round robin will be determined by how many people we get (if it's less then 8 we're doing round robin)

4. best of 3 for normal matches best of 5 for winners, losers, and grand finals (assuming we're doing double elim)

5. Stages are tricky. I personally think pro tournaments are too restrictive. so for some variety, I increased the legal stages. Nothing too game breaking. Some can be played with hazards on cause they're non-existent or they have minimal effects. Others are hazards off only. Stage List is below. Both players decide how to pick the first stage. I don't care how you do it. I will also allow each person one strike to avoid a stage they absolutely do not want to play on.

StityRr.png

HOWEVER!!!!! if both players agree on it you may go to whatever stage you want! for example: if for some godforsaken reason you want to go to the Donkey Kong arcade stage and the other player for some reason agrees you can go there.

6. Loser picks next stage. However once again if both players agree you can go where ever

7. No character bans

8. Time Limit is flexible. But try to get matches done in 1-2 weeks. Obviously real life gets in the way so if you think you'll be longer please let me know and we'll work something out. If it ends up taking too long I may end up disqualifying you just to keep the tourney moving (I'll definitely give you some warning pings first).

9. This is going to be very casual so HAVE FUN!!!! or else

10. also feel free to save replays and stuff. Might be fun to make a highlight reel at the end of this

to sign up either post in this thread or just join the discord (obviously join the discord even if you post here)

I'll keep sign ups open for a week or 2 depending on how many people we get

Thanks Everyone! Let's have a great tournament!

1) hobohunter
2) Zorua3
3) LulzitsMatty
4) 12thSilverDragon
5) KirbySSU
6) greenbeanbottle
7) CasualGameFreak
8) KirbyIsPink

Last edited:

Zorua3

On-and-off Nuzlocker
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 5, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
Pokédex Entry
I'd copy-paste the Zorua Pokedex entry, but I'm too lazy.
super-smash-bros-bowser.gif

me running to the thread to sign up

KirbySSU

Unova Veteran (Though Not In Nuzlockes)
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 10, 2020
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
Male
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Likes Kirby, perhaps a bit too much.

greenbeanbottle

My nuzlockes are beyond human understanding
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 1, 2020
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
He / Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
If you're reading this, you mistook a human person for a Pokémon. Get outta here, ya goofus.
I mean, c'mon, I need to redeem myself this time and make it just a bit further. Count me in!

CasualGameFreak

Discord Resident Extraordinaire
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 23, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
they/she
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
Pokédex Entry
Despite being a Grass-type, Casual is a flaming lesbian. Fire and Grass don't usually mix, but somehow it works out here.
...ya know what? Screw it, I'm in.

KirbyIsPink

new copy ability: sandwich
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Perfectly round... as all things should be
I'll join so I have another excuse to make a Top 8 graphic

KirbyIsPink

new copy ability: sandwich
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
Perfectly round... as all things should be
TOYj0sv.png

Congrats to Zorua for winning all the way in Winners Bracket this time (those are supposed to be fake IP addresses)

Zorua Fan

Users who are viewing this thread