• The Writer's Locke has released it's final episode! Come celebrate a fantastic project with it's last hoo-rah.
  • The Hidden Gems Showcase (2022) is now closed. Thank you all who turned out this year! You can find all the cool content that got featured here. I hope you find a new gem to read!
  • Check out the Nuzlocke Forums Fundraiser 2022 to see how you can help support the forums, earn new badges, and more! Goal: $1201/$1500
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Nuzforum LGBTQA+ Thread!

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
be gay do crimes

Captain Demozan

Perseverant quitter
Screenshotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 20, 2021
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
He/They/Zan
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
A Zangoose-Slurpuff hybrid with an intense love for Puyo Puyo. He has a heavy dislike for himself, and is quick to deny compliments.
Huh. Strange how I never found out about this thread until recently, but I've learned about it now, so... Heya, everyone. I'm Demozan, a genderfaun (a variation of genderfluid that only encompasses male and non-binary genders) bisexual homoromantic guy. I think guys are really cute and I wish I was dating one rn.

My pronouns are He/Him, They/Them, and a neopronoun set of Zan/Zangoose. Also unrelated but I really really like Puyo Puyo and I want everyone to know that.

sky_

life is a trip alright (picrew by chereverie)
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
They are happy with rest, quiet and cuddles. They may try to be edgy or mysterious, but are often told that they present as the opposite.
hello i realise i haven't introduced myself on here

hi i am sky and i am n-b and bi, i'm closeted to a lot of people due to my family/upbringing as well as many other things

me being bi mainly manifests in me very shyly thinking someone is super cute and being like "this cool person complimented me? aaaaaa" at points sdfhdsf

Kit_The_Feef

Someone who draws too much ¯\_(ಠωಠ)_/¯
Artist
Screenshotter
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Comic artist. Idiot. Has far too many active projects for his own sanity. Unreliable when it comes to updates on his non-comic endeavours.
Welp, I only just noticed this thread and Pride month is over... I'm trans, ace and homoromantic. (I used to think I was bi, but then I got a girlfriend and we broke up after 3 days because I realised I didn't like girls.) For a while, I went by the aromantic label, but I think that was mostly due to internalised homophobia and transphobia. I'm probably still on the aro spectrum, but I think I like guys. (It probably seems weird to post on here when the thread hasn't been active for a while, but I'm new so... Sorry?)

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 14, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/They
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Ground
Pokédex Entry
Despite loving the outdoors, the Neb Pokémon has more introverted hobbies. As a result it has a socially awkward temperament.
After a year of thinking I realized I am gender fluid too. Experimenting with different types of clothes and looking back at my past helped. I love wearing casual dresses. Unfortunately I had to deal with some pushback.
When I went to a 2019 pride event in gender affirming clothing I was harassed. I got stares everywhere, not to mention nasty comments like “pieces of shit like him are why we’re treated poorly.” I was literally just leaving a restaurant. This was in a very progressive city too. I spent several years living in a politically divided area. If I could be treated so poorly in a progressive city, I don’t want to imagine what would happen in a small town. Thankfully I’m moving to said city in a few weeks. I’ll still deal with comments like what happened at the pride event, but at least there will be more options there.
In spite of that, I’m going to try to dress the way I want to. If I’m having a masculine day I’ll wear pants and button up shirts. If there’s a feminine day, I’ll go all out with concealer and dresses. I might save up the money for a high quality wig too…

YumeTsuki

Professional Moron
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 1, 2020
Nature
Jolly
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Occassionally appears on a whim.
Only just saw this thread today, and figured I'd drop by. I'm Ace and Demiromantic.

I'm not exactly hiding my orientation, but I usually also do not care about people knowing my orientation so i don't really talk much about it to people.
Occasionally I get the "You'll get over that ;)" kind of remarks when I mention it, I'll just shrug them off.

Even then I'm super aware it's not always sunshine and rainbows for everyone, even in that tiny progressive country of mine. I've been together for 9 years now with my Girlfriend. The day she realised she wasn't feeling comfortable with her gender was the start of what would not be an easy journey. While I was totally fine with it all, since her happiness is more important to me than anything else, not everyone took it as well as I did.

The moment she came out to my family was honestly one of the most infuriating moments I had to be witness of. While they always had presented an open and accepting stance to the whole LGBTQAA+ spectrum, they hadn't considered what it's like to have it actually in the family. And it felt more like it was a sudden fear of reputation being damaged than anything else. Like sure, they used exuses like "You're going to get bullied over this, if you stay with her." Sure, I had to deal with bullying in the past over pettier things where i stood my ground for my own opinions. But at least I'm not standing alone with this. It feels like the only reason they are putting up with it all now is because they do not want to see me leave, and never turn back.

And then theres the next hurdle, the actual transitioning. While our country is selling itself as very open and progressive, heck we even have our own pride event in the month of July, there only exists one single place ONE hospital where you can get all your stuff arranged. I can at least say... It's something... I guess? It's better than nothing, but still it's the bare hecking minimum. Not to mention how selective the program is as well. Several mental examinations spanned over months to make sure you're making 'the right choice'. Sure, I get it, theres the "what if you regret, this is difficult to reverse" but hey... So is puberty, but no one stops to think about that because that's "natural" i guess. I had to come in and talk with the psychiatrist as well as an extra point of confirmation. Their questions to me became super personal and invasive as well... Like... My answers to those questions would and should technically not have mattered for the entire intake, those questions felt more like giving a sort of secondary permission to go on with the transitioning program. In any case, she managed to pass. The long waiting lists are annoying. Everything is like a whole long-ass waiting game spanning months or even years. The situation honestly looks deplorable even when I'm just watching from the sidelines.

Kit_The_Feef

Someone who draws too much ¯\_(ಠωಠ)_/¯
Artist
Screenshotter
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Fairy
  3. Steel
Pokédex Entry
Comic artist. Idiot. Has far too many active projects for his own sanity. Unreliable when it comes to updates on his non-comic endeavours.
Only just saw this thread today, and figured I'd drop by. I'm Ace and Demiromantic.

I'm not exactly hiding my orientation, but I usually also do not care about people knowing my orientation so i don't really talk much about it to people.
Occasionally I get the "You'll get over that ;)" kind of remarks when I mention it, I'll just shrug them off.

Even then I'm super aware it's not always sunshine and rainbows for everyone, even in that tiny progressive country of mine. I've been together for 9 years now with my Girlfriend. The day she realised she wasn't feeling comfortable with her gender was the start of what would not be an easy journey. While I was totally fine with it all, since her happiness is more important to me than anything else, not everyone took it as well as I did.

The moment she came out to my family was honestly one of the most infuriating moments I had to be witness of. While they always had presented an open and accepting stance to the whole LGBTQAA+ spectrum, they hadn't considered what it's like to have it actually in the family. And it felt more like it was a sudden fear of reputation being damaged than anything else. Like sure, they used exuses like "You're going to get bullied over this, if you stay with her." Sure, I had to deal with bullying in the past over pettier things where i stood my ground for my own opinions. But at least I'm not standing alone with this. It feels like the only reason they are putting up with it all now is because they do not want to see me leave, and never turn back.

And then theres the next hurdle, the actual transitioning. While our country is selling itself as very open and progressive, heck we even have our own pride event in the month of July, there only exists one single place ONE hospital where you can get all your stuff arranged. I can at least say... It's something... I guess? It's better than nothing, but still it's the bare hecking minimum. Not to mention how selective the program is as well. Several mental examinations spanned over months to make sure you're making 'the right choice'. Sure, I get it, theres the "what if you regret, this is difficult to reverse" but hey... So is puberty, but no one stops to think about that because that's "natural" i guess. I had to come in and talk with the psychiatrist as well as an extra point of confirmation. Their questions to me became super personal and invasive as well... Like... My answers to those questions would and should technically not have mattered for the entire intake, those questions felt more like giving a sort of secondary permission to go on with the transitioning program. In any case, she managed to pass. The long waiting lists are annoying. Everything is like a whole long-ass waiting game spanning months or even years. The situation honestly looks deplorable even when I'm just watching from the sidelines.
It sounds like your girlfriend is very lucky to have you. And I’m also very painfully aware of long waiting lists and medical gatekeeping. It’s a struggle. It’s also nice to see that she’s at least getting support from you, if no-one else.

pinkshellos

just a sea slug
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 23, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Flying
Pokédex Entry
A timid Pokémon typically found in groups. The only thing that motivates them more than companionship is food.
As of today, me and my girlfriend have been dating for six months! 💜
It’s been incredible. We’re both very shy and awkward people but the progress we’ve made when it comes to being super comfortable and happy around each other warms my heart. I would quite literally give her the world.

However, it comes with some mixed feelings because as of yesterday she’s now unsure when she’s going to be able to start transitioning because of the hellstorm that is unsupportive family and insurance/medical costs. Originally she was looking at early September and we were both really hopeful but now it looks like late November at the absolute earliest if everything goes well with her family. Curse the US and its shitty privatized healthcare system.

On the bright side, we’re both going to be moving out very soon to a different city where she’ll be able to be herself a whole lot more. I’ve hatched a plan to split the cost of getting her ears pierced between myself and some friends for her birthday because she’s been talking about wanting to wear earrings. I genuinely cannot wait to see her reaction to the two pairs of earrings I bought her, they’re both so cute!!

aegagrusScholarship

Problems and Issues Haver
Artist
Writer
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 9, 2021
Nature
Hasty
Pronouns
all of them
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Dark
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon craves attention and recognition, but becomes an absolute mess if given either. Often seen starting multiple projects and finishing none.
oh hey, gay thread!

um. i mean. heya there. only just noticed this thread, actually, despite my history of stalking this site before i got my account. still, hell yeah, pride thread. i'm, uh, aroace agender (although i often refer to myself as enby regardless, but yeah. specifically agender). a triple-A battery if you may. i use all the pronouns, but if you have no idea what to use you can just default to they/them. i will cry (in a good way) if you use neopronouns for me. uh, yeah, that's about it.

Coffeemon

Derp
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 17, 2021
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Ghost
Hi everyone! I'm Coffee, a nonbinary lesbian, they/them.

I just discovered this thread today and read through it, and it's just the pick me up I needed today. I hope ya'll don't mind me sharing this: I joined the forums back in 2015 and was very much straight at the time, though the questioning thoughts were there. I admit this forum helped a lot in being comfortable with the coming out phase because funnily enough, some gay characters from fan runs here are my first introduction to the whole sexuality and gender thing (thanks for my gender pokemon LMAO).

Users who are viewing this thread