• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • Want to get a banner into the adspace for yourself? Submissions for new banners are open until September 30th!
  • The Writer's Locke has released it's final episode! Come celebrate a fantastic project with it's last hoo-rah.
  • This month's feature has an ANIMATED TRAILER and a backpack shaped like a spheal, what more could you ask for? Read Endurance: In Our Blood by purplechug!
  • The Hidden Gems Showcase (2022) is now closed. Thank you all who turned out this year! You can find all the cool content that got featured here. I hope you find a new gem to read!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Mafia North Pole: Civil War Mafia

Extravanganza Accordian Demo
Thread Description
Day 1!!!
OP
SweatingCalendar

SweatingCalendar

Alligator Lizards in the air, in the aaaiiiiirrrrr
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
These creatures are often seen inciting wars with the couch potatoes over territory of farmland so that they can have the most sheep for counting
Signups will close & the game will begin ~24 hours from now on Thursday, 10pm EST

This set up is designed for 16 players, we are on the teetering edge with 15, if we don't hit 16 by tomorrow these are the cuts/changes to the set up you should expect:

- The Avenger will be cut
- There will only be 3 mafs, the godfather & sniper roles will be combined into one role

(Also I forgor to mention in the OP that the sniper does not count as an item so the Snoop won't be able to see it)

Any questions or concerns feel free to contact me via forums or discord

cornibot

the tiny totodile
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 18, 2020
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon is small, but feisty. It's a little rebellious and likes to disagree.
fuck it. In!

OP
SweatingCalendar

SweatingCalendar

Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
These creatures are often seen inciting wars with the couch potatoes over territory of farmland so that they can have the most sheep for counting
Signups are now closed

Roles will be randomized and sent out shortly

OP
SweatingCalendar

SweatingCalendar

Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
All roles have been sent out! If you did not receive a DM, then you are an Elf (Villager)

Night 1 Starts Now & Will End 24 Hours From Now On Friday, September 23th @ 11:00pm EST

Edit: Oops forgot to add the split: its 13/4

Last edited:
OP
SweatingCalendar

SweatingCalendar

Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
It seems somebody didn't show up to Elf practice!!!

I guess being dead will do that to ya

DEAD: theCape (Elf)

Day 1 Begins Now & Will End 48 Hours From Now On Sunday, September 25th @ 11:00pm EST

Cirr

I'm a bot! (maybe) #OnionBoy
Screenshotter
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
Fails Captchas with regularity
>thecape dies N1 again

wow, surprising

Anyway are we doing claims, then?

Doesnt

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Hacker
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
whichever claim comes out first is getting deleted, the second is getting perma-hooked

i will grant elf foreman is pretty weak though so we can sacrifice them to do claims if we want?

this is basically sacrificing elf foreman and santa's utility to connect cop and doc

worth noting cop can't truly clear anyone to claim to b/c of godfather existing and this cop learning alignment, not role. also godfather means if mafia wants to cc santa, we can't rely on the cop to just figure it out

Rueblie

Not worth mentioning
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
Whatever
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
They question if it even exists anymore and it seems annoying enough for them to not want to find out.
Claims for what? Anyone who came forward would just be shot by the sniper so I’m not sure it’s a great idea

Cirr

Screenshotter
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
okay yeah that's a terrible idea idk why I even thought of it

apocalypsewriter

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Writer
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 4, 2022
Yeah. Sniper in this game too. Fantastic.

Would it be better to do item claims instead? Or just a particular item like the knives? Not sure claiming gavels will be too important and I never have a good grasp on whether people think/find snowballs as useful.

Zaazaa0

Lad
Godfather
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 9, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he
Pokémon Type
  1. Clever
Pokédex Entry
In 1989 Dawkins commented, 'The word meme seems to be turning out to be a good meme' (Dawkins 1989).
Yeah, claiming seems to get us very little benefit, so it looks like this is going to be largely a discussion game.

I suppose saying if we have any items isn't a bad idea. Mafia doesn't have a thief or anything, so if we keep track of the items in play we might be able to make something happen with them.

Veegee

Johto League Champion
Godfather
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 14, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Dark
Oh yeah, sniper. Guess we can't immediately sacrifice one of the roles in the game and use all of them, how ever will we go on?

Anyway, so if role claims are out of the question, what about item claims? There should be plenty of those going out, and nothing like crystal ball that we definitely don't want mafia to know about.

Akane

Screenshotter
Godfather
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 7, 2021
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This pokèmon has a strange passion for the number 9, I wonder why. Bisexual.
Stop killing Cape every single game.

We should do item claims probably.

Cirr

Screenshotter
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pronouns
beep/boop
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Normal
  3. Cute
  4. ???
Pokédex Entry
Item claims should be okay, I think some of them (the gavels?) are used up at the end of the phase anyway?

Though I'm not sure what benefit they give

Doesnt

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Hacker
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
There should be 4-5 items floating around: one from Santa, a knife and a gavel from Buddy, some garbage from fabricator, and a possible knife on the Foreman. Buddy reveals as a vanillager so we don't know when they die, so claiming items seems not unreasonable to get an itemcount? If we have a bunch, they're more trustworthy as a group because the junk from fabricator will be diluted. We can also identify sets of items and know that the rest of the group is safe if one of them malfunctions.

That said, claiming items has the downside of possibly cluing mafia into where Buddy is, if certain items (notably a gavel) don't show up. I feel like the discussion items will generate is worth potentially giving mafia some information, but I will refrain from claiming my inventory until I see more conversation.

Veegee

Johto League Champion
Godfather
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 14, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Dark
Oh yeah, Gavels are used up automatically at the start of the day phase so I don't see any harm in admitting you had one. And I'm not sure how discussing items would help mafia find Buddy since even Buddy doesn't know he's giving these items out.

Moon

Johto League Champion
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Mar 9, 2021
Nature
Sassy
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Ghost
  2. Ice
Pokédex Entry
Because she’s the two rarest types, she’s the rarest pokemon. Yes, that's logical. No, there aren't other Ghost/Ice types. Froslass doesn't exist.
What’s the purpose of item claiming in the first place anyway? No one ever explained it to me

Akane

Screenshotter
Godfather
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 7, 2021
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This pokèmon has a strange passion for the number 9, I wonder why. Bisexual.
Knowing what items are in play and who has them? Since there are probably 4 items every day maf can't really kill every item holder, and since there's a trickster maf gains little info from who had items.
Let's start
I don't have any items, nor gavels.

Anemone

i am y̸̳͂ǔ̷̥ŗ̴͗i̴̳̓k̸̤̈́ò̴̤
Screenshotter
Godfather
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Relaxed