• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Feature team invited you to check out the Hidden Gem Showcase! Give a little love to your favorite runs you think more people should know about!
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

FAQ  New User Guide and FAQ

Thread Description
Do you need some help? Take a look here, ask a question if you need!

Ionbird

Conqueror of the Saffron Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jan 11, 2020
Hello, I don't know if this is the right place to post this but do you suppose that a challenge like this can be posted in the Fan Challenge Runs forum? It's like a Nuzlocke where I can only catch and use the first Pokemon I encounter in each location and if any Pokemon faint then I have to release them. The twist is that I also have to complete the Pokedex and have to catch other Pokemon for using them. I plan on adding the Other Adventure tag if I can post this run to that forum.

I cannot use the Pokemon I capture for Dex Entries unless I have to evolve them either through grinding, trading, rare candies (no Missingno glitches though), and Daycare. and even then I can't use them to beat overworld trainers, gym leaders, or to catch other Pokemon. I may only grind these Dex Pokemon against the Elite 4 should I have beaten them already with my battle team.

1. The first Pokemon encountered on each route are the only Pokemon that I can add to my battle team or the reserves.

2. If a Pokemon is not a part of the battle team or reserves, then it can only be used if I need to grind it so I can get the dex entry for its evolution. Such Pokemon can only ground up using Rare Candies, the Daycare, fighting wild Pokemon, or against the Elite Four should I have beaten them already with my battle team. Non-battle team/reserve mons cannot be used against NPC trainers, Gym Leaders, Legendaries, Pokemon that I need to capture, or the Elite Four should they have not been defeated already. I can only catch any Pokemon first encounter or other wise if my whole party has Pokemon from the battle team or reserves. In addition, only Pokemon from the battle team or reserves can be used as HM slaves. Non battle/reserve Pokemon cannot be used as death fodder either.

3. I must nickname all the Pokemon that I am allowed to use. For this run I will be nicknaming these Pokemon after chemical elements.

4. If any of my Pokemon faint then they will be considered dead and must be released.

5. Dupes Clause - If the first encounter on a route belongs to the same evolutionary family as another Pokemon from my battle team or reserve then that encounter does not count and the next encounter can be used instead. If that Pokemon is a dupe as well, then I repeat the process until I find a Pokemon that is not a dupe and that will be considered my first encounter.

6. Level Limit - The Pokemon I am allowed to use must not exceed the level of the next bosses' highest level Pokemon.

7. Legendary Clause - A legendary can only be added to my battle team or the reserves for my team if it is the first encounter for the area. Should I fail to capture the legendary for any reason like losing my party or KOing the legendary, then I can soft reset to make more attempts to catch the legendary but the legendary cannot be added to my team and if the legendary I failed to capture was a first encounter, then I do not get another chance to add a Pokemon from that area to my battle team/reserves. If I failed to catch a Snorlax and there is only one left, that Snorlax will fall under the same rules as the legendary birds and Mewtwo.

8. Pokemon that cannot be obtained in this game such as Red/Blue exclusives or the fossil/Eevee evolutions I did not pick may be traded over from Red and Blue. When I play Red and Blue, they will be treated as mini-Dexlockes with the same rules as this run with the exception of level limits. In Red and Blue, level limits are removed so I can rush and capture the Pokemon I cannot get in Yellow.

9. No use of glitches apart from the Mew glitch. The Mew glitch may only be used if I already had a valid first encounter for the route.

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
@Ionbird If you’re just using the dex as a modifier for your challenge to make it more difficult, honestly it’s fine. The fact that you’re not using these dex pokemon to further your challenge doesn’t have a lot of bearing on your challenge itself. Have fun!

Ketsuba~n

Conqueror of the Mahogany Gym
Writer
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 9, 2019
I've wanted to know this for a while now: What does the "Nuzlocke Gold" title (seen on users such as Mouse and SnakeWrangler) mean?

Jimcloud

Johto League Champion
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Pronouns
they/he/she
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've wanted to know this for a while now: What does the "Nuzlocke Gold" title (seen on users such as Mouse and SnakeWrangler) mean?
That role is for users who have donated money to help us keep the forum going! We have to pay to keep our servers up, so for those who help with the cost, we give them the Nuzlocke Gold role to respect their generosity.

Browncow45

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pokémon Type
  1. Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon would rather be doing donuts than fighting Ganon.
Quick question, but how do I leave YouTube videos in the post?

Xerxos

xerx gon give it to ya
Globetrotter
Team Omega
Nuzlocke Master
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 14, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Fire
Pokédex Entry
Just a gal who does way too many Nuzlockes but never documents them.
Just paste the direct link, Xenforo will do the rest. You can use the preview function to test it.

Browncow45

Kanto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Nov 18, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pokémon Type
  1. Steel
Pokédex Entry
This Pokemon would rather be doing donuts than fighting Ganon.
Alright, thanks.

sunburstblue

blue stars burn brighter
Artist
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
She/her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Water
Pokédex Entry
Well, her Pokédex No. is #274, which is Nuzleaf. Could anything be more hilariously fitting for this forum?
Hey! Two questions here. I've been trying to figure out how to link my signature pic to my nuzlocke's thread (url here) and I can't figure it out and it's driving me crazy because I know it can't be that difficult. The picture is stored in my DeviantArt Stash so it always routes to my DA page.

I'm also having an issue getting rid of an attachment on this post that I'm hoping someone can remove.

Xerxos

xerx gon give it to ya
Globetrotter
Team Omega
Nuzlocke Master
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 14, 2019
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Fire
Pokédex Entry
Just a gal who does way too many Nuzlockes but never documents them.

Code:
[URL=https://nuzlockeforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/magentalocke-a-pokemon-blue-nuzlocke.447/][IMG]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/269fb7c8-9aca-4787-9619-0bbc5528548a/ddmsosc-eb0f9939-9659-4a7c-8363-6e3d1ae3a662.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMjY5ZmI3YzgtOWFjYS00Nzg3LTk2MTktMGJiYzU1Mjg1NDhhXC9kZG1zb3NjLWViMGY5OTM5LTk2NTktNGE3Yy04MzYzLTZlM2QxYWUzYTY2Mi5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.J1RwBfD3wbmyzJqgPHTM1T_6BFaFDWD-CXozW75iIhc[/IMG][/URL]

PsyduckEnthusiast

Conqueror of the Celadon Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2021
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Fighting
Pokédex Entry
a person who is very enthusiastic about the pokemon Psyduck, primarily because their first ever shiny was a psyduck, which they caught in their past.
Hello, I'm doing a nuzlocke run atm and I want to start integrating photos into my work, but I've come across an issue where, no matter what I try and do, I cannot get the photo to appear with the insert image tab, or any other coding I can think of. I don't know if it's because the photo needs to be a specific file type such as png or jpeg or if its something else, but could someone help me out with this? thank you in advance

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
oh fuck oh shit my dots...............................................................................................................................
Hello, I'm doing a nuzlocke run atm and I want to start integrating photos into my work, but I've come across an issue where, no matter what I try and do, I cannot get the photo to appear with the insert image tab, or any other coding I can think of. I don't know if it's because the photo needs to be a specific file type such as png or jpeg or if its something else, but could someone help me out with this? thank you in advance
Could we get the url/coding that you are using? That can help us narrow down what the issue might be.

PsyduckEnthusiast

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2021
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Fighting
Pokédex Entry
a person who is very enthusiastic about the pokemon Psyduck, primarily because their first ever shiny was a psyduck, which they caught in their past.
Could we get the url/coding that you are using? That can help us narrow down what the issue might be.

yeah sure, here's the link I've been trying to use:

To begin with I had the photo just as a png on my laptop but I couldn't get a link for it, so I uploaded it to google photos to get a link and see if that worked.

I'm not great with coding or anything like that so I have no idea if i'm meant to do something to get the url to work or if this link is even one I can use.

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
yeah sure, here's the link I've been trying to use:

To begin with I had the photo just as a png on my laptop but I couldn't get a link for it, so I uploaded it to google photos to get a link and see if that worked.

I'm not great with coding or anything like that so I have no idea if i'm meant to do something to get the url to work or if this link is even one I can use.
Thank you for the info! So, the link you’ve given me takes me to a webpage for the image, but what you would need to embed is a direct image link. The process for getting one from google photos is roundabout, so I would suggest instead setting up an Imgur account, since the site will give you the direct image links to use without the extra hassle of using a different website.

From there, once you have your direct link, you can just use the picture button on your top reply/post bar to paste that url, and it will code it for you. If it’s still giving you issues, hit me up with a reply with what link is giving you issues, and I’ll help you out!

PsyduckEnthusiast

Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 21, 2021
Nature
Bashful
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Fighting
Pokédex Entry
Thank you for the info! So, the link you’ve given me takes me to a webpage for the image, but what you would need to embed is a direct image link. The process for getting one from google photos is roundabout, so I would suggest instead setting up an Imgur account, since the site will give you the direct image links to use without the extra hassle of using a different website.

From there, once you have your direct link, you can just use the picture button on your top reply/post bar to paste that url, and it will code it for you. If it’s still giving you issues, hit me up with a reply with what link is giving you issues, and I’ll help you out!

Yeah that worked, I can upload the photo now. Thanks for your help! :)

• Love
Reactions: Bug

ShashaR

Sinnoh Leauge Crusher
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 11, 2021
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Fire
How Do you get these Banner things ? The ones about runs you can click on and get redirected to that Fan Run ? Do you have to be featured or something ?

Bug

👉😎👉
Administrator
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Rash
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
How Do you get these Banner things ? The ones about runs you can click on and get redirected to that Fan Run ? Do you have to be featured or something ?
We open this thread for submissions for new banners from time to time. Our latest opening is delayed (real life and al that), but if you keep an eye on that thread I linked, that will be where the magic happens.

Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread