• Episode Three of The Writer's Locke is now live! We bid a find farewell to Healing Wish and Tightrope this episode. Also, we'll be chatting about disability and neurodivergence in character writing, and speaking to a debut author!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Art Comic Teen Myths of Unova: Episode Grey

Thread Description
Here we go again..... [ 04/18/2021 - Issue 01 is UP! ]

Kylee nim

Nuzlocke PhD
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 18, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/they

Back at it again with the comics, just without the nuzlocke stress! I’ve always wanted to make a mini-series of the events that would cover “BW2” events, and given the amount of effort I made for Myths of Unova, I did have a story planned. But after I had finished the main nuz series in 2017, I was mentally and physically not in the right headspace to continue further. And now...I think I am ready.

FYI: THIS IS JUST A SILLY POKEMON COMIC SPINOFF FROM MY NUZLOCKE SERIES. There will be some leftover elements of my White nuzlocke and my scrapped White 2 nuzlocke, but this is an independent short story. I cannot guarantee the quality or the scheduling of these pages but it's happening.

To enjoy the full extent of this series, reading the preceding nuzlocke comic is highly recommended.
[ Comicfury ] | [ Nuzlocke Thread ]

Comic Pages

Teaser
Prologue
Issue 01

Last edited:

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
OH man, does it feel like a century ago since you made a comic, really glad to see one reform, good luck on the run

sky_

life is a trip alright
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
They/Them
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
Pokédex Entry
This ghost tries to be studious and businesslike, but will squee or keysmash easily. They would love to cuddle every adorable cat in the world.
that front cover and teaser comic look awesome aaaaaaaaaa esldfardkg

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
Fairy, Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
Nice to see you back! Even if it isn't an actual nuzlocke, any new comic by you is a good sign.

War Anvil

Life is too short to be little.
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Lax
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
Cool, Cute
Pokédex Entry
I like your Sakurai, but not your players. Your players are so unlike your Sakurai.
RETURN OF THE QUEEN

Looking forward to how Nina and her friends have grown since surviving the Plasma incident.

JavierE64

Masks are so 2016!!! But don´t forget to wear one
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 1, 2019
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Grass, Water
Pokédex Entry
The Master of both Light and Darkness; who loves the Violent and Dramatic, and the Fun and Adorable.
This comic already shows a lot of potential with it's first pages, they look incredible.
I was a huge fan of Myths of Unova back in the day, and I can´t wait to see what the continuation has in store.

Wastelander Nick

*banjo music ambience*
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 29, 2020
Nature
Modest
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
Ground
Pokédex Entry
It is found roaming the deserts, usually on a back of a Mudsdale. It loves gathering relics of the past.
beautiful cover! I love the faces of the Swords of Justice! and I hope we'll see Momo the Volcarona in this run!

is that the infinite gray original dragon back there?

Yami

Conqueror of the Cerulean Gym
Screenshotter
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 18, 2020
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Fire
Whoa. I was just thinking about your old comics like two minutes ago and out of curiosity I googled Myths of Unova and found you had a brand new comic! This already looks amazing and I can't wait to see where this one goes!

Kylee nim

Nuzlocke PhD
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 18, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/they
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ahhhhh thank you guys!!!!

OH man, does it feel like a century ago since you made a comic, really glad to see one reform, good luck on the run
It really has been....4 years since my comic ended....crazy

that front cover and teaser comic look awesome aaaaaaaaaa esldfardkg
Thank you!!!!

Nice to see you back! Even if it isn't an actual nuzlocke, any new comic by you is a good sign.
Thank you for supporting my non-nuz comic endeavors ;w;
RETURN OF THE QUEEN

Looking forward to how Nina and her friends have grown since surviving the Plasma incident.
sdkjlgjaksdjf;aksdf Yessss!!!

This comic already shows a lot of potential with it's first pages, they look incredible.
I was a huge fan of Myths of Unova back in the day, and I can´t wait to see what the continuation has in store.
Thank you!!!!

Whoa. I was just thinking about your old comics like two minutes ago and out of curiosity I googled Myths of Unova and found you had a brand new comic! This already looks amazing and I can't wait to see where this one goes!
jsadkjfajlsdf It really be like that! Hope you enjoy it!

beautiful cover! I love the faces of the Swords of Justice! and I hope we'll see Momo the Volcarona in this run!

is that the infinite gray original dragon back there?
Yes....:3 I do hope to add in some of the leftover loose ends of my white run in the process.

Last edited:

Velink

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Artist
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 27, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pokémon Type
Ghost, Normal
ooh looks like you still got it! Ky-Nim
Your art has not rusted one bits!

The Bianca and Cheren will be the one form Myths of Unova, right?
I wonder if some bit of background from that series will follow through here through them

kaj

heck
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 17, 2021
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dragon
oh woooow!!! so glad to see you back making pokemon comics, nuzlocke or otherwise! it already looks AWESOME

redninjapuffle

Probably playing DragonBall FighterZ
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Sep 24, 2019
Nature
Calm
Pronouns
He
Pokémon Type
Electric, Dark
Pokédex Entry
Redninjapuffles are known to want to create their own nuzlocke stories or comics, however, many have yet to start one.
The art is great, good to see that you still got it

bumblebee

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 13, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/her/hers
Pokémon Type
Water, Flying
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon flits from new idea to new idea, never able to settle down.

It's so good to see you back! :D I was such a huge fan of your old comics and I was just thinking about them a couple days ago.

Good luck with this new one; I'm really excited for how you deal with a non-nuzlocke one! 👀

Reactions: kaj

Kylee nim

Nuzlocke PhD
Artist
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 18, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/they
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
ooh looks like you still got it! Ky-Nim
Your art has not rusted one bits!

The Bianca and Cheren will be the one form Myths of Unova, right?
I wonder if some bit of background from that series will follow through here through them
Yep, and it may show up here and there!

oh woooow!!! so glad to see you back making pokemon comics, nuzlocke or otherwise! it already looks AWESOME
Thank you!!! ;w;

The art is great, good to see that you still got it
I'm glad! Admittedly I have not really focused on art much so I cannot really tell if I have regressed or not lol

It's so good to see you back! :D I was such a huge fan of your old comics and I was just thinking about them a couple days ago.

Good luck with this new one; I'm really excited for how you deal with a non-nuzlocke one! 👀
JLKGASKJDJKFAJS;LDF;JAJKSDLFJ;AJKSFJ;SD Thank you!!!! I hope you enjoy this miniseries
I realized my image urls were messed up so I edited those. Alternatively the comicfury will always be updated with the latest versions whenever possible.
Anyway, here is the first official page!
Nothing too crazy here, just set up that will build up as the pages get posted. And yes, when I did play through my White2 run I picked Tepig. While the Pokemon from that run will not be in the spotlight, I may post tidbits and human designs of them as well!

FYI I have been playing with comic fonts, so please let me know if some of the smaller texts are hard to read ;w; Admittedly I did almost lose this entire update bc my file got corrupted and the quality is not as great as the other pages due to that OTL

Last edited:

Raderph

A Radical Earthling
Globetrotter
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
Electric, Grass
fam you can't just drop this like it's hot nothing, holy moly

gonna have to go reread MoU now, thanks

no but actually though this is great, I really enjoy Hugh's characterisation and the art is as stellar as ever

bumblebee

Conqueror of the Viridian Gym
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 13, 2020
Nature
Timid
Pronouns
She/her/hers
Pokémon Type
Water, Flying
Pokédex Entry
This pokemon flits from new idea to new idea, never able to settle down.
Listen, I've always been a huge fan of sibling relationships in any kinda media and I just love Hugh and Eunae's relationship ;w;

Also I absolutely adore that Nina just dropped that verbal bomb, though I have to wonder why she waited until now to tell her friends about it... 🤔

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)