• Episode Two of The Writer's Locke season two is here! In it we continue our storylocke reads and discuss the topic of fantasy vs realism in portraying pokemon. Then, we have a very special message from a sponsor in Johto!
  • Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Written Story Mixed Media [MW2] The Gambler - Gold Rush

Thread Description
No first update yet sorry lads :(

tentacat

evil little rat
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 15, 2019
Nature
Impish
Pronouns
they/them
Pokémon Type
Dark
Pokédex Entry
The cat-cephalopod Pokemon. When threatened, it will sucker punch its attacker with all 8 of its tentacles.
There are so many things in life you can't control.
Sometimes luck is not in your favor. And when misfortune greets you...
Can you play with the hand you're dealt, or will you fold to the circumstances?

♢ ♧ ♡ ♤

Hello and welcome to my first storylocke, and first run in a long ass time on the forums! Gold Rush is one of many nuzlockes being created for Mirror World, which, if you don't know what that is then go check it out. It's really cool and Jim is making my life hell with it. It's mainly a character driven slice of life dramedy, but I'll probably brush on multiple other genres. Although this is a written story, I plan to include pictures so I think that counts as mixed media? I dunno.

There will be no strict format or update schedule for this run, but I'll be moving along with the rest of Mirror World so I'll usually have new content out around when we hit another checkpoint. Anyway, here's all the content:

NUZLOCKE RULES
Note: I'm playing Gold version instead of Crystal because I'm that bitch and I realized too late everyone was doing Crystal. Plus it fits my run, so, yeah.

♢ If a Pokemon faints, it is considered dead and must be released.
♧ You must nickname every Pokemon.
♡ You must catch the first Pokemon on each route, and if you fail the encounter you don't get another shot. The GM can void this rule for challenge rewards.
♤ Dupes clause and shiny clause are active for this run. Gift and egg Pokemon are counted separately from encounters.

SPECIAL RULE ♡
Up to 3 times per checkpoint (at least 1 required), you and another player can initiate a minigame. this game can be anything, from rolling dice to having a match on pokemon showdown, but both players are required to decide on a bet. the bet can be something with very low or high risk/reward depending on what both parties are comfortable with. Because this can go both ways, it is both a restriction and a reward.

RANDOMIZATION SETTINGS
Randomize Moves - Preferring same type
Custom Starters (Meowth, Growlithe, Chikorita)
Update Moves - Legacy
Change Impossible Evos
Lowercase Pokemon Names
Randomize Static Pokemon - Legendaries swapped for other legendaries, normals for other normals
Randomize all TMs - Same for Tutor Moves
Randomize Trades Completely
Randomize Names and Trainer Classes
Randomize Items found on the ground - ban bad items
Wild Pokemon - Randomize - Catch Em All Mode
Set Catch Rate - Set to 1 accidentally because I'm stupid, will correct this soon maybe
Make evolutions easier
Random Types (follow evolutions)
Trainers - Randomized, (rival carries starter through game, Try to use Pokemon with similar Strength, Don't use Legendaries)
TMs and HMs Compatibility - Random (completely)
Fastest Text
This is gonna be a WIP for a while.
This is where chapter 1 would go, y'know, if I had it.

DM me if you have something you want me to put here!
I'm sad because I have things I could put here but they're spoilers. :(
There will be things here soon I swear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)