• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • The Feature team invited you to check out the Hidden Gem Showcase! Give a little love to your favorite runs you think more people should know about!
  • The Writer's Locke has returned! Our latest episode discusses character foils, continues with our read of Carousel, and adds something new and exciting to the mix!
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Musings of an Active Mind

Thread Description
No longer only a testing zone for my challenge posts, but still mostly that.

ActiveTransport

Fiery Torch
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 5, 2021
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Hobbies: running, reading, singing, playing Pokémon (especially competitive battling), and practicing my Catholic faith!
At last I can do what the General sent me here to do, and check up on Alex. I hustle back to the Tahoe Lakefront, ready to ascend the final slope to the lake itself. I yank open my traveling bag and pull out the Rock Climb visa...only to receive six blank looks in return. What tomfoolery is this...? Not even New Mexico? I was sure he'd be able to make this work. I've no choice but to retrieve Texas the Rhyhorn, depositing my Spiritomb companion in the meanwhile. Crippled but undeterred, I return a third time to Lake Tahoe.

Right near the water's edge, I see the British general Jupiter cackling madly while Alex hangs his head in shock. Oh, no. My fears are confirmed when Jupiter notices me. Her mission, too, is complete; she stops only long enough to gloat, and to warn me not to follow her to their stronghold at New York Harbor. Why, I don't see why I shouldn't do just that! The loss was a hard blow for Alexander, but he's young. He'll stay scrappy and hungry, and it will make him stronger in the long run. Before I go, there is the matter of a recruit, but my mind's not on the task and I end up speaking to three people who offer no new representation. Time to move on.

Lake Acuity encounter failed.

Rock Climb opens up a host of scattered opportunities, so I spend a while combing the central part of the region with Texas in tow so I can refill my coffers. The journey ends at Veilstone City, where Massachusetts regains its partner Washington. Time to knock some bluehead...heads.

At the New York Harbor I rendezvous with Lafayette, who helps me sneak aboard a British warship. Stealth isn't my style, though, and once I'm inside I don't care who knows about it. None of these rank-and-file soldiers are remotely a threat. I do manage to eavesdrop on a speech given by King George III to his men. He wants to wipe these "incomplete" colonies off the face of the earth and create a new world, merely an extension of Britain. Preposterous. Suddenly I'm looking forward to another chat with this man, and it isn't long before I get that opportunity.

Fortune smiles some days, and she frowns on others. I lead with Florida against KG3's Sneasel, knowing that if I get a Swords Dance I may sweep him clean, but the first Ice Punch freezes her on the spot. Two more frozen turns go by with two Screeches. Florida is losing steam so New Mexico comes out instead on an Ice Punch. He misses Fire Blast and the next Flame Wheel misses the kill. While Cyrus dispense some field medicine, New Mexico consumes his Sitrus rations before finally dealing a finishing blow. Next is Crobat, having been promoted from Golbat. New Mexico misses a second Fire Blast; the third deals 2/3 of Crobat's strength, but the Air Cutter and Poison Fang in the meanwhile have left my partner with just 18 HP. My hopes hang on Florida. She's frozen for a fourth turn, but takes Crobat's moves like a champion, and rallies at last with a Bullet Punch while still in green HP. KG3 is down to his last soldier, and I'm cautiously optimistic. As if to make up for lost time, Florida even goes first. X-Scissor causes Honchkrow to unpack its field rations, but its monstrous Drill Peck leaves Florida with as much health as her ally. One more X-Scissor might do it...it will be close. Florida, please...please...Honchkrow is still alive. The king cackles as his crony releases a cloud of deadly Nightshade gas.

Lost Florida the Scizor

New Mexico is dangerously weak; his proud, righteous anger can't keep his fire from burning low. Honchkrow laughs at us while being resupplied with a Full Restore. Flame Wheel does about 45%. I can't lose New Mexico, my oldest surviving friend, I can't...I know you've missed two out of three already, but give me one more Fire Blast. I believe in you, stay with me...and he does. He and I are both gasping for breath, while our defeated opponent looks as calm and collected as ever, but he's nonetheless willing to yield to us again. He's off to Yorktown. That's where this war will be decided.

I told myself going into this debate that no lives would be lost here today. I wasn't concerned. That's not to say I was careless or unprepared, but there are some things which are beyond man's control. Florida was a fighter, deadly through and through, but maybe it was too much to ask of her to go against her Gentle Nature. She always did what I needed her to do and I couldn't be prouder of her. She would have continued to be a credit to her nation, but...this is where we must part ways. Say hello to Maryland for us, Florida. We won't forget you.

The British have called a retreat but some of them aren't content to let me go just yet. Massachusetts and Washington coldly blast their way through General Cornwallis. The last time we beat him it was Florida at our sides, and the bitter reminder makes our tactics all the more deadly.

Drained on multiple levels, I stumble back to the inn. New Mexico needs an ally, but the only real options are Minnesota the Bibarel or an Ice-type. My thoughts are dark. I was so desperate to preserve New Mexico since he's my oldest surviving delegate, but was that really the right choice? If someone had to die, should it have been him? Florida was so powerful, so versatile, so resilient...and it would have been much easier to find her a new partner...no! I can't think like that. This is where I am now. How could I have wished that gallant, spirited New Mexico might die? He's got as much life in him as ever; the darkest, coldest night can't hold him back. Maybe that's what Alaska the Sneasel finds so appealing about him. Her Careful nature is the perfect foil to his rashness. The path ahead will be rocky, I've no doubt, but still there is a path.

Alaska wastes no time showing off her razor-sharp wit and reflexes. She spends so many late nights dashing off letters and treatises using a Razor Quill plundered from the king's flagship that it's only a couple days before she's promoted into Weavile. I barter quite a bit of my treasure with various merchants to earn her the right to be tutored in techniques like Night Slash, Ice Punch, and Brick Break. Then, as the next stage in her training, we tackle Route 221 in the south. Though 1/4 of the population here is unrepresented, much like with Lake Tahoe we are unable to find anyone quickly enough with our tight schedule.

Route 221 encounter failed.

No matter; we've no time to be pitying ourselves or brooding over distractions. Forces up and down the country are being drawn towards Yorktown; this war is approaching its end.

Reaching the site of the British fortress requires crossing the Appalachian Mountains. Louisiana is among the flattest of all states, so I doubt its representative will enjoy the journey. I bid the Roserade farewell in exchange for Texas the Rhyhorn. As expected, ascending Mt. Coronet is a long and arduous process, not made any easier by the bluehead soldiers stationed along the way. However, I will not be put off my course.

All five experienced delegates in my party at at Level 48 by the time I'm able to look out over Yorktown. It feels like the end of the world: surrounded by the vast, uncaring ocean on three sides. This is the day that will decide the war. I know the British king is skulking about somewhere, but first I need to subdue two of his generals who are blocking the way: my old friends Mars and Jupiter. At the last second, Alex arrives to reinforce me! We've spent this whole mission trying to one-up each other, but it was all for the good of the country we both call home.

The battle starts off excellently: New Mexico misses Fire Blast in spite of his held Wide Lens, and Munchlax wounds itself after suffering from Confuse Ray. The next engagements are better: a Bronzor goes down in one hit and its replacement, Mars's coronel Purugly, is inflicted with a burn. Munchlax is taking most of the attention, so we bide our time until the enemy can be eliminated; the Golbat soon follows, forcing General Mars to retreat. At some point, Munchlax becomes too exhausted to continue, and he's replaced by Alex's Infernape while New Mexico polishes off Jupiter's own Bronzor. When Golbat appears, I recall my delegate in favor of Alaska. I'm excited to see Infernape prepare a blue will-o-wisp of fire to destroy our opponent's notes and battle plans...until Alaska is the one to cry out in alarm. Alex, have you gone mad?! Why would you attack your own friend and ally like that? You're very lucky Alaska was equipped with a flame-retardant Lum ointment, else I would have booted you right into the Chesapeake! The nerve...anyhow, a single Ice Punch silences Golbat. Infernape falls to Jupiter's Skuntank, but Alex's Staraptor is able to assist Alaska in definitively settling the debate. I can't help giving thanks to God for the lack of casualities. I can only pray He will continue to send His favor upon me.

Alex replenishes my supplies, and I advance one final time onto the very field of battle, where King George III is waiting for me. He's not alone, though, as I had thought. He flourishes a contract signed in ink as red as blood, and two legions of German Hessian troops materialize out of nowhere. It can't be. Forces of that renown, of that power...three warships of the French navy are rushing to defend our position, but the Azelf, the Mesprit, and the Uxie don't have the firepower to hold these legendary armies back for long. The British king is reveling in the glory of his victory, but the triumph on his face soon becomes surprise. What's this? We both feel it: the presence of another force, slowly gathering strength, a groundswell of anger rising out of the shadows...all is chaos for a moment, and then it's gone. The king has vanished as well.

Aaron Burr appears with the answer. The mustering of the German soldiers on American soil, to fight on the side of the oppressive British, was so odious to the everyday American patriots that they rose up of their own accord. Under the cover of battle they infiltrated Yorktown and abducted him from under our very noses. Until he is found and brought to proper justice, we can't say this war is over. The three French ships agree to help in our search, and they disperse to begin combing our many hidden waterways. Aaron Burr and I must go as well.
New Mexico (Rapidash)
Level 49, holding Wide Lens
Flash Fire, Rash Nature (+SpA, -SpD)
-Strength
-Bounce
-Flame Wheel
-Fire Blast

Alaska (Weavile)
Level 48, holding Sitrus Berry
Keen Eye, Careful Nature (+SpD, -SpA)
-Brick Break
-Ice Punch
-Icy Wind
-Night Slash

~~~

California (Gastrodon)
Level 48, holding Wise Glasses
Sticky Hold, Gentle Nature (+SpD, -Def)
-Hidden Power [Fighting]
-Body Slam
-Mud Bomb
-Surf

Louisiana (Roserade)
Level 47, holding Meadow Plate
Poison Point, Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
-Giga Drain
-Cut
-Petal Dance
-Sludge Bomb

~~~

Massachusetts (Porygon-Z)
Level 48, holding Zap Plate
Adaptability, Bashful Nature (neutral)
-Psybeam
-Discharge
-Recover
-Signal Beam

Washington (Spiritomb)
Level 48, holding Dread Plate
Pressure, Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
-Faint Attack
-Nasty Plot
-Sucker Punch
-Ominous Wind
Delaware (Drifloon)
Level 15
Unburden, Mild Nature (+SpA, -Def)
-Minimize
-Astonish
-Gust
-Focus Energy

Arkansas (Shieldon)
Level 20
Sturdy, Lax Nature (+Def, -SpD)
-Taunt
-Metal Sound
-Take Down
-Iron Defense

Nevada (Clefairy)
Level 17
Magic Guard, Careful Nature (+SpD, -SpA)
-Sing
-DoubleSlap
-Defense Curl
-Follow Me

North Dakota (Unown D)
Level 20
Levitate, Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
-Hidden Power [Normal, Flying, Rock, Steel, Grass, Psychic, Ice, Dragon?]

Kansas (Duskull)
Level 19
Levitate, Hasty Nature (+Spe, -Def)
-Disable
-Foresight
-Astonish
-Confuse Ray

Maine (Noctowl)
Level 21
Keen Eye, Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
-Hypnosis
-Peck
-Uproar
-Reflect

Texas (Rhyhorn)
Level 24
Rock Head, Hasty Nature (+Spe, -Def)
-Tail Whip
-Stomp
-Fury Attack
-Scary Face

Wyoming (Girafarig)
Level 26
Inner Focus, Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
-Stomp
-Agility
-Psybeam
-Baton Pass

Oregon (Buizel)
Level 25
Swift Swim, Docile Nature (neutral)
-Water Gun
-Pursuit
-Swift
-Aqua Jet

Minnesota (Bibarel)
Level 28
Unaware, Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
-Water Gun
-Headbutt
-Hyper Fang
-Yawn

New Jersey (Pikachu)
Level 22
Static, Lax Nature (+Def, -SpD)
-Thunder Wave
-Quick Attack
-Double Team
-Slam

New Hampshire (Machop)
Level 28
No Guard, Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
-Foresight
-Seismic Toss
-Revenge
-Vital Throw

Hawaii (Goldeen)
Level 16
Water Veil, Lax Nature (+Def, -SpD)
-Tail Whip
-Water Sport
-Supersonic
-Horn Attack

Tennessee (Chatot)
Level 30
-Fury Attack
-Chatter
-Taunt
-Mimic

South Carolina (Finneon)
Level 19
Storm Drain, Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
-Water Gun
-Attract
-Rain Dance
-Gust

Virginia (Snover)
Level 35
Snow Warning, Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
-Swagger
-Mist
-Ice Shard
-Ingrain

Montana (Snorunt)
Level 32
Ice Body, Bashful Nature (neutral)
-Headbutt
-Protect
-Ice Fang
-Crunch
Illinois (Zubat)
Level 4-10, partnered with Mississippi
Inner Focus, Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
-Leech Life
-Supersonic
-Astonish
Killed by a Tackle from a Picnicker's Bidoof.

Mississippi (Staravia)
Level 4-26, partnered with Illinois and Idaho
Intimidate, Quirky Nature (neutral)
-Double Team
-Endeavor
-Quick Attack
-Pluck
Killed by a Psybeam from Fantina's Mismagius.

Idaho (Graveler)
Level 7-26, partnered with Mississippi
Sturdy, Hardy Nature (neutral)
-Magnitude
-Rock Throw
-Rock Blast
-Rock Polish
Killed by a Magical Leaf from Fantina's Mismagius.

Colorado (Gastly)
Level 14-22, partnered with New York
Levitate, Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SpD)
-Lick
-Sucker Punch
-Night Shade
-Curse
Killed by a critical hit Bite from a wild Zubat.

Michigan (Luxio)
Level 3-28, partnered with Oklahoma
Intimidate, Lax Nature (+Def, -SpD)
-Bite
-Flash
-Charge
-Spark
Killed by a critical hit Flame Wheel from a Cowgirl's Ponyta.

Maryland (Psyduck)
Level 6-30, partnered with New Mexico
Damp, Impish Nature (+Def, -SpA)
-Rock Smash
-Confusion
-Fury Swipes
-Water Pulse
Killed by a Horn Drill from a PI's Goldeen.

New York (Umbreon)
Level 20-37, partnered with Colorado and Pennsylvania
Synchronize, Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
-Payback
-Faint Attack
-Confuse Ray
-Quick Attack
Killed by an Aqua Jet from Crasher Wake's Floatzel.

Pennsylvania (Bronzong)
Level 14-37, partnered with New York
Levitate, Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
-Rock Smash
-Natural Gift
-Extrasensory
-Grass Knot

Alabama (Gyarados)
Level 11-33, partnered with California
Intimidate, Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
-Dragon Rage
-Ice Fang
-Bite
-Thrash
Killed by self-inflicted confusion from Thrash.

Oklahoma (Torterra)
Level 5-43, partnered with Michigan and Georgia
Overgrow, Quiet Nature (+SpA, -Spe)
-Rock Tomb
-Earthquake
-Cut
-Razor Leaf
Killed by damage from Toxic inflicted by a Galactic Grunt's Stunky.

Georgia (Beautifly)
Level 10-43, partnered with Oklahoma
Swarm, Quiet Nature (+SpA, -Spe)
-Giga Drain
-Defog
-Stun Spore
-Bug Buzz
Killed by a Wing Attack from a Galactic Grunt's Golbat.

Ohio (Magnezone)
Level 29-42, partnered with Rhode Island
Magnet Pull, Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
-Magnet Bomb
-Thunder Wave
-Discharge
-Tri Attack
Killed by a critical hit Low Kick from an Ace Trainer’s Sudowoodo.

Rhode Island (Togetic)
Level 1-43, partnered with Ohio and Massachusetts
Serene Grace, Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
-Magical Leaf
-Defog
-Fly
-AncientPower
Killed by a Thunder Fang from a Ranger’s Luxray.

Florida (Scizor)
Level 20-45, partnered with New Mexico
Technician, Gentle Nature (+SpD, -Def)
-Swords Dance
-Rock Smash
-X-Scissor
-Bullet Punch
Killed by a Night Shade from Cyrus's Honchkrow.

Last edited:

ActiveTransport

Fiery Torch
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 5, 2021
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Hobbies: running, reading, singing, playing Pokémon (especially competitive battling), and practicing my Catholic faith!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The sky is overcast, throwing an ominous light over the trees and hills. People have carved paths throughout this land for thousands of years, but they're unfamiliar to a newcomer like me. I keep New Mexico by my side to shift obstacles out of the way. Occasionally we check in with Aaron Burr or with the Azelf, Mesprit, or Uxie, but on the whole we are alone.

King George III is just as confused as we are. We catch infrequent glimpses of him in the distance, but the shadowy mob is never far off.

I use the time to frantically review my research--annotating, copying, rehearsing. The Declaration of Independence was proclaimed a number of years ago, but the king must see it again for himself. After what feels like days of searching, there he is, just like that. Aaron Burr and I face the most powerful man in the British Empire. He knows we want to preserve both our worlds so that we can live in harmony as equals. He desires a world where Britannia is the only spirit there is. It's time.

The first pick of KG3's retinue is Houndoom. Both its Flamethrower and Washington's new Water Pulse do a little under half to each other, but the king's delegate is quicker on the draw. A certain Water Pulse causes Houndoom to scatter its notes in confusion, but he presses on undeterred. Stoic, steady Washington can't keep up.

Lost Washington the Spiritomb

I didn't expect to be the first one with a man down. Geographically, Massachusetts is far closer, so its representative has a personal stake in this when it steps up to the plate. Having upgraded Discharge to Thunderbolt, it's able to finish off Houndoom. All those experiments with lightning that I conducted prove themselves worthwhile when Honchkrow and Gyarados go down in a single statement each. Now things are a little more in my favor. Massachusetts and KG3's Weavile trade Ice Punches and Signal Beams. The British monarch has trained his companions well--just like Houndoom, Weavile refuses to be slowed down even when confused. Massachusetts has the better arguments, though, and clings to life with 29 HP while the Weavile gives up the fight. Last is only a Level 46 Crobat, but the zippy young loyalist outmaneuvers us with an Air Slash.

Lost Massachusetts the Porygon-Z

Those two never said much, but every word they uttered was pointed and effective, and I knew I could rely on them when it seemed no one else could get the job done. Their names will echo down through history.

The Crobat is even faster than Alaska. While she attempts to slow it down with Icy Wind, the enemy's confusionary tactics are causing a panic. Curse all the fates. Alaska finally succeeds, but New Mexico must tag in while Crobat has about 55% of its stamina left. I order a Fire Blast...and as the flames explode against their target with deadly accuracy, I see in them a precursor to the celebratory fireworks of victory.

King George's rage can't surmount the fact that when all was said and done, he lost. It truly feels as though this world has turned upside down. Our independence will remain, but as Aaron Burr cautions me, one more step must be taken. A ragged crowd of American patriots, common citizens willing to fight for their nascent country, have gathered around. I'm not here to recruit any of these people or convince them to work with me: that can come later. It's enough simply to demonstrate our triumph and have them return to their homes in peace, which Alaska manages with two Night Slashes.

With these twin menaces laid to rest and my heart full of jubilation, I get my bearings for the first time and realize I'm at the headwaters of the Potomac River. From this spring I can travel quickly down to the nation's capital and make my glad report to General Washington. I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for able statesmen, but despite stopping at two promising locations, I don't meet anyone who could replenish my reserves.

Sendoff Spring encounter failed.
Lake Valor encounter failed.

Pastoria City is the first place I reach where I can rest and regain my composure. Washington and Massachusetts are buried with honors, the final victims of the war. Montana the female Snorunt and New Jersey the male Pikachu take their places. I don't know much about Montana since she's been serving in a distant part of the country, but she meets me bearing papers that tell of her immediate promotion into Froslass. That's excellent news. She'll be a good partner for New Jersey, who troublingly doesn't have a single damaging Electric technique to his name.

Before long I arrive at the Capitol building. General Washington and John Adams are overjoyed to see me safe and sound. In the General's usual style, however, it's soon back to business. We've won ourselves the right to build a nation, and now we have to put that right to good use. I'm tasked with traveling to meet Volkner, the last of the eight major governors. Before then, I have to run some drills with the new recruits. New Jersey can barely form a coherent sentence until Level 26 when he learns Thunderbolt, and things don't improve much afterward. Once I get bored of cruising around Lake Superior hunting ducks, I decide we should move to the ocean of Route 213. There, New Jersey's first opponent is a Level 29 Tentacool, an advantage against us of only one. Thunderbolt does 75%, but on the return Water Pulse, my ally's health drops far too quickly for my liking. A critical hit!

Lost New Jersey the Pikachu

Bursting with life to stone dead, just like that. Maybe the fault is mine; I was holding out to learn Discharge before conferring a promotion, though I knew his stamina was remarkably poor. New Jersey, you spent your short life consistently almost dying to things you should have easily beaten, until one time there wasn't an "almost." Still...you will be missed.

New Hampshire the Machop is summoned to fill the hole in our ranks. Though he's promoted into Machoke and then Machamp by the time he reaches Level 30, the training mishaps continue. Montana survives a civilian Bibarel's crit Rollout with only two HP. Then, while sparring with a certain merciless patriot, she calls upon delegates 15 levels higher than my own. I swear my heart stops for a moment. Setback after setback...but my team won't go down easily! Montana defeats a Roselia with Ice Fang, then scores a critical hit Crunch to save her life against a Kirlia. New Hampshire toughs out the rest of the fight against a Lickitung for a truly miraculous victory. My foe's coalition may have had a severe surfeit of experience, but we outranked them all the same.

Once they both reach Level 41, Montana remains behind while I coach New Hampshire up to Level 48. Trust me, I do have a plan. Many people are still taken aback and unsure after our victory; they don't rightly know who to trust. If I'm to properly judge any new nation-builders I hope to recruit, I'll have to be sneaky. We advance onto Route 222; Montana yells obscenities and gibberish to repel any weaker, less useful minds. Those of a high, unique caliber, however, may stick around...and it works! A male Level 41 Electabuzz can't resist offering us a challenge. One critical hit Ice Fang is the perfect stroke to convince him to join us. A ragged, wild fellow known for generating power? Must be from West Virginia!

Recruited West Virginia the male Electabuzz from Route 222!
Spr_4p_125.png

Simply marvelous. Now there's only the matter of helping Montana catch up to her partner. Having done that, we make short work of the bulk of Route 222. Sunyshore City awaits me! Just inside the city gates, I'm met by none other than Flint, one of the congressional delegates known for their great political influence. He's glad to see me, hoping I can put a spring in Governor Volkner's step again. Never fear, my good man, you can count on me.

While strolling around the bay's edge admiring this dazzling city, a person fresh off one of the oceangoing vessels spots us. One look at Montana is all the female Remoraid needs to admire our accomplishments and sign on with the other reservists! I can't deny her hustle and jolly nature, much as I might have liked to see other traits.

Recruited Missouri the female Remoraid from Sunyshore City!
Spr_4p_223.png

I must confess that the vibrant bazaars tempt me away from my mission for a time, but the pretty ribbons and trifles don't much interest New Mexico. He knows why we're here and bustles me off posthaste to the courthouse where the final governor discharges his duties. In between debates, the clerks force me to apply quite a few salves and medicines to heal sicknesses causing paralysis, confusion, and even frostbite once courtesy of an Ohioan's Tri Attack.

After a short rest, I return for my final appointment here. My party of delegates is at Level 50 across the board and their tactics are well honed. Have at you, Volkner!

California takes pitiful damage from Jolteon's Iron Tail. It's a good sign that the new Earthquake technique is a oneshot in return, though I'm not sure I can trust that since my delegate struck a critical blow. There's a tinge of madness in Volkner's eyes as he immediately summons his guard captain, Electivire. Something tells me Giga Impact is in the cards. Surprisingly, he goes for Quick Attack first. This worries me even more than the alternative, since it undercuts the Chilan Berry I gave to California specifically for this scenario. I think Earthquake has done the trick again, but no, Electivire has one final puff of breath. Here's the Giga Impact. Based on how well California has been handling himself so far, that shouldn't be a problem...a critical hit!

Lost California the West Sea Gastrodon

Foul! Jolteon would have been dead as a doornail, crit or no crit. California, you struggled past the death of Alabama and took wonderful care of Louisiana for all this time. The mighty Earthquake is laid to rest at your side, as befitting a hero like you. Thank you.

Completely winded, Electivire crumples in front of Louisiana's onslaught. Next is Luxray. Sludge Bomb, written with a poison barb quill, is again not quite enough to finish the foe. Luxray's Fire Fang is predictable, but not a particularly strong tactic...A CRITICAL HIT!

Lost Louisiana the Roserade

The monsieur Lafayette...is not going to be happy about this. His grief will be little next to mine, though. For all her modesty, Louisiana never backed down or pulled her punches. Her petal dances dazzled and destroyed many who would have stood in our way. To have seen her bloom and then to see her wither under such ignominious circumstances...hurts my heart. I should have known she would want to follow California. He and many other loved ones will be waiting to receive her beyond the veil.

Stung by its own poisonous talking points, Luxray retires from the match at the same time. New Hampshire is eager to prove himself against Volkner's final delegate, a Raichu. About 30% from a Focus Blast is all it can show before being silenced in one crushing Cross Chop.

Frank received the Beacon Badge!
75px-Beacon_Badge.png

The victory is as distasteful and disheartening as it is gratifying. Wherever man goes, conflict follows. Did we defeat the greatest empire in the world only to fall to infighting and never to rise to our station? What's to become of this land? Governor Volkner, now pacified, has an answer. There's to be a Constitutional Convention to begin the long labor of our self-government. Of note is that among those present will be four especially influential Senators. Perhaps if I can win them over, a new road forward will be clear.
New Mexico (Rapidash)
Level 50, holding Wide Lens
-Strength
-Bounce
-Flame Wheel
-Fire Blast

Alaska (Weavile)
Level 50, holding Dread Plate
Pressure, Careful Nature (+SpD, -SpA)
-Brick Break
-Ice Punch
-Icy Wind
-Night Slash

~~~

Montana (Froslass)
Level 50, holding Icicle Plate
Snow Cloak, Bashful Nature (neutral)
-Ice Shard
-Protect
-Ice Fang
-Crunch

New Hampshire (Machamp)
Level 50, holding Fist Plate
-Rock Climb
-Wake-Up Slap
-Cross Chop
-Rock Smash
Delaware (Drifloon)
Level 15
-Minimize
-Astonish
-Gust
-Focus Energy

Arkansas (Shieldon)
Level 20
-Taunt
-Metal Sound
-Take Down
-Iron Defense

Nevada (Clefairy)
Level 17
-Sing
-DoubleSlap
-Defense Curl
-Follow Me

North Dakota (Unown D)
Level 20

Kansas (Duskull)
Level 19
-Disable
-Foresight
-Astonish
-Confuse Ray

Maine (Noctowl)
Level 21
-Hypnosis
-Peck
-Uproar
-Reflect

Texas (Rhyhorn)
Level 24
-Tail Whip
-Stomp
-Fury Attack
-Scary Face

Wyoming (Girafarig)
Level 26
-Stomp
-Agility
-Psybeam
-Baton Pass

Oregon (Buizel)
Level 25
-Water Gun
-Pursuit
-Swift
-Aqua Jet

Minnesota (Bibarel)
Level 28
-Water Gun
-Headbutt
-Hyper Fang
-Yawn

Hawaii (Goldeen)
Level 16
-Tail Whip
-Water Sport
-Supersonic
-Horn Attack

Tennessee (Chatot)
Level 30
-Fury Attack
-Chatter
-Taunt
-Mimic

South Carolina (Finneon)
Level 19
-Water Gun
-Attract
-Rain Dance
-Gust

Virginia (Snover)
Level 35
-Swagger
-Mist
-Ice Shard
-Ingrain

West Virginia (Electabuzz)
Level 41
Static, Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SpD)
-Shock Wave
-Light Screen
-ThunderPunch
-Discharge

Missouri (Remoraid)
Level 19
Hustle, Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
-Lock-On
-Psybeam
-Aurora Beam
-Bubble Beam
Illinois (Zubat)
-Leech Life
-Supersonic
-Astonish

Mississippi (Staravia)
-Double Team
-Endeavor
-Quick Attack
-Pluck

Idaho (Graveler)
-Magnitude
-Rock Throw
-Rock Blast
-Rock Polish

Colorado (Gastly)
-Lick
-Sucker Punch
-Night Shade
-Curse

Michigan (Luxio)
-Bite
-Flash
-Charge
-Spark

Maryland (Psyduck)
-Rock Smash
-Confusion
-Fury Swipes
-Water Pulse

New York (Umbreon)
-Payback
-Faint Attack
-Confuse Ray
-Quick Attack

Pennsylvania (Bronzong)
-Rock Smash
-Natural Gift
-Extrasensory
-Grass Knot

Alabama (Gyarados)
-Dragon Rage
-Ice Fang
-Bite
-Thrash

Oklahoma (Torterra)
-Rock Tomb
-Earthquake
-Cut
-Razor Leaf

Georgia (Beautifly)
-Giga Drain
-Defog
-Stun Spore
-Bug Buzz

Ohio (Magnezone)
-Magnet Bomb
-Thunder Wave
-Discharge
-Tri Attack

Rhode Island (Togetic)
-Magical Leaf
-Defog
-Fly
-AncientPower

Florida (Scizor)
-Swords Dance
-Rock Smash
-X-Scissor
-Bullet Punch
Killed by a Night Shade from Galactic HQ Cyrus's Honchkrow.

Washington (Spiritomb)
Level 25-48, partnered with Massachusetts
-Water Pulse
-Nasty Plot
-Sucker Punch
-Shock Wave
Killed by a Dark Pulse from Distortion World Cyrus's Houndoom.

Level 25-49, partnered with Rhode Island and Washington
-Psybeam
-Thunderbolt
-Recover
-Signal Beam
Killed by an Air Slash from Distortion World Cyrus's Crobat.

New Jersey (Pikachu)
Level 22-28, partnered with Montana
-Thunder Wave
-Quick Attack
-Rock Smash
-Thunderbolt
Killed by a critical hit Water Pulse from a wild Tentacool.

California (Gastrodon)
Level 9-50, partnered with Alabama and Louisiana
-Hidden Power [Fighting]
-Body Slam
-Earthquake
-Surf
Killed by a critical hit Giga Impact from Volkner's Electivire.

Louisiana (Roserade)
Level 23-50, partnered with California
-Giga Drain
-Cut
-Petal Dance
-Sludge Bomb
Killed by a critical hit Fire Fang from Volkner's Luxray.

Last edited:

ActiveTransport

Fiery Torch
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 5, 2021
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
West Virginia the male Electabuzz and Missouri the female Remoraid are welcomed into the active party. The fact that they were my most recent recruits only means they'll be familiar with the present terrain and current issues. As had happened with Montana, West Virginia qualifies for immediate promotion and so takes up the insignia of an Electivire. His strategies are forceful but one-dimensional, and I must take extreme care not to be caught off-guard by well-grounded opponents until Missouri can achieve the same level of prowess.

My feet carry me to the northern shore, where I first met Missouri, while I ponder my next move. There, I again encounter Alex! The recent events have helped him to grow up a bit: he acknowledges my superior wisdom and experience, but warns me that just as with the British, it will soon be up to the younger guard to shape the course of human events. I know he'll do wonderfully, but he shouldn't count me out just yet! Mere moments after he departs, a Canadian provincial governor approaches me. She explains how she watched the fortunes of our war with great interest, crossing the Niagara Falls to visit us in person, and that the sight of Alex and I together gave her great hope. Jasmine, as she calls herself, goes so far as to furnish me with a signet seal granting me permission to make use of the inland waterways too, if I wish. I can't thank her enough, for I know I'll make use of this gift. The splendid falls are not far distant from New York City.

For the time being I return to the matter of Missouri. She often trips over her own words in her haste to get them out, but she catches on well and soon earns her own promotion, into Octillery. From now on I must take things seriously. Debating our common enemy in the British was one thing, but not that we're all Americans, my arguments must be more sophisticated than ever. Not until the party is at Level 52 do I advance north along Route 223.

This coastal region is, of course, inhabited by many whose lives revolve around the ocean. Missouri empathizes and soon finds herself in a lengthy conversation with a Level 31 Mantyke! When all's said and done, he willingly accepts the offer to travel with us and to represent the locale of North Carolina!

Recruited North Carolina the male Mantyke from Route 223!
Spr_4p_458.png

West Virginia is primarily responsible for our safety on this leg of the trip. An old folk song says that he's a "stranger to blue water" but that doesn't mean he can't handle himself well around these parts. With the grand metropolis of New York City almost in sight, Octillery waves the pass granted to us by Jasmine to give us a boost onto the famous Liberty Island. I can almost taste the challenges that lie ahead. Once we pass through Ellis Island, the final checkpoint on our road to victory, we'll be there.

One downside is that many of the people here, being newly arrived to our land, are subject to something of a language barrier. Missouri approaches one likely candidate, an intelligent-looking young woman, but it's apparent from the very first Signal Beam that the poor Wingull is critically unresponsive.

Pokémon League encounter failed.

I square my shoulders, not letting the missed opportunity dampen my spirits. North Carolina's enthusiasm will be satisfactory for the both of them. It's time for Ellis Island. This labyrinth is teeming with the best and brightest, but my remaining skill and effort must be rationed. For a while I employ the same repelling tactic which allowed me to recruit West Virginia. Once I reach the upper clearance levels, though, my almanac informs me that my odds of encountering a novel, useful recruit add up to a full 50%. That may be worth my time, so I call upon New Hampshire to test the waters. Much to our chagrin and irritation, we're confronted by three mid-ranking Ohioan delegates in a row.

Victory Road encounter failed.

Those 50% odds burned me before at Lake Ponchartrain, and here they've burned me again. This particular exchange, though, has an oppressive air of finality about it. We're less than a day's journey from New York City. We've no more time to spend on seeking new backing for our cause; those who are with us now are all the support we will have.

One postive aspect of being in the company of so many influential people is that it's no great difficult to acquire critical information about their habits and fortes. We bypass Ellis Island with relatively little trouble; the only moments of concern are when West Virginia suffers through a Lickilicky's Earthquake, and an Altaria puffs itself up with three Dragon Dances in a row while facing New Mexico. All in all, not as rigorous a journey as I had feared. I wave the nautical pass bestowed by Jasmine, hailing a ferry to take me across New York Harbor, and find myself at last in the shadows of some of the most impressive buildings our young country can boast.

There's no more time for fooling about. The arguments about to take place here may be the trickiest and most significant of my career. Every last tip, trick, and strategem which can be dredged up is expounded, adapted, rehearsed, and memorized. To be in peak condition, my coalition aims for Level 59: on par, I'm told, with the cunning and knowledgeable Senator Lucian. The preparations are nearly complete when I cross paths with none other than Alexander Hamilton. Of course he's here, and of course he wants one last match with me so we can knock the rust off one another.

Montana silences Alex's Staraptor with Ice Beam. New Hampshire endures a critical hit Brick Break from Floatzel before crushing it with DynamicPunch. Snorlax meets the same fate, as does the team's ace, a Level 51 Infernape, in spite of a nasty Focus Blast. If New Hampshire is too stubborn to put up his guard, at least he can take the punches. Montana's new Psychic isn't quite enough to polish off Heracross, but she takes its Rock Slide comfortably. Roserade bows out in the same manner as Staraptor, and we wrap up our friendly competition. We bear a great mutual respect, one American statesman to another, but Alex concedes that it must be me who makes the final push.

Our skill levels are as high as ever. Each member of my party is carefully equipped with the keenest of rhetorical tactics and the finest of physical goods. I myself am loaded to the ears with rations resolve. The name's Benjamin Franklin! With no hesitation I throw open the doors to the meeting hall where some of the world's greatest minds await me.
New Mexico (Rapidash)
Level 59, holding Wide Lens
-Strength
-Megahorn
-Flare Blitze
-Flame Wheel

Alaska (Weavile)
Level 59, holding Dread Plate
-Rock Smash
-Ice Punch
-Icy Wind
-Night Slash

~~~

Montana (Froslass)
Level 59, holding Icicle Plate
-Blizzard
-Hail
-Ice Beam
-Psychic

New Hampshire (Machamp)
Level 59, holding Fist Plate
-Rock Climb
-Cross Chop
-DynamicPunch
-Foresight

~~~

West Virginia (Electivire)
Level 59, holding Sitrus Berry
Motor Drive, Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SpD)
-Thunder
-Fire Punch
-ThunderPunch
-Ice Punch

Missouri (Octillery)
Level 59, holding Wise Glasses
Suction Cups, Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
-Waterfall
-Signal Beam
-Ice Beam
-Surf
Delaware (Drifloon)
Level 15
-Minimize
-Astonish
-Gust
-Focus Energy

Arkansas (Shieldon)
Level 20
-Taunt
-Metal Sound
-Take Down
-Iron Defense

Nevada (Clefairy)
Level 17
-Sing
-DoubleSlap
-Defense Curl
-Follow Me

North Dakota (Unown D)
Level 20

Kansas (Duskull)
Level 19
-Disable
-Foresight
-Astonish
-Confuse Ray

Maine (Noctowl)
Level 21
-Hypnosis
-Peck
-Uproar
-Reflect

Texas (Rhyhorn)
Level 24
-Tail Whip
-Stomp
-Fury Attack
-Scary Face

Wyoming (Girafarig)
Level 26
-Stomp
-Agility
-Psybeam
-Baton Pass

Oregon (Buizel)
Level 25
-Water Gun
-Pursuit
-Swift
-Aqua Jet

Minnesota (Bibarel)
Level 28
-Water Gun
-Headbutt
-Hyper Fang
-Yawn

Hawaii (Goldeen)
Level 16
-Tail Whip
-Water Sport
-Supersonic
-Horn Attack

Tennessee (Chatot)
Level 30
-Fury Attack
-Chatter
-Taunt
-Mimic

South Carolina (Finneon)
Level 19
-Water Gun
-Attract
-Rain Dance
-Gust

Virginia (Snover)
Level 35
-Swagger
-Mist
-Ice Shard
-Ingrain

North Carolina (Mantyke)
Level 31
Water Absorb, Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spe)
-Agility
-Wing Attack
-Water Pulse
-Take Down
Illinois (Zubat)
-Leech Life
-Supersonic
-Astonish

Mississippi (Staravia)
-Double Team
-Endeavor
-Quick Attack
-Pluck

Idaho (Graveler)
-Magnitude
-Rock Throw
-Rock Blast
-Rock Polish

Colorado (Gastly)
-Lick
-Sucker Punch
-Night Shade
-Curse

Michigan (Luxio)
-Bite
-Flash
-Charge
-Spark

Maryland (Psyduck)
-Rock Smash
-Confusion
-Fury Swipes
-Water Pulse

New York (Umbreon)
-Payback
-Faint Attack
-Confuse Ray
-Quick Attack

Pennsylvania (Bronzong)
-Rock Smash
-Natural Gift
-Extrasensory
-Grass Knot

Alabama (Gyarados)
-Dragon Rage
-Ice Fang
-Bite
-Thrash

Oklahoma (Torterra)
-Rock Tomb
-Earthquake
-Cut
-Razor Leaf

Georgia (Beautifly)
-Giga Drain
-Defog
-Stun Spore
-Bug Buzz

Ohio (Magnezone)
-Magnet Bomb
-Thunder Wave
-Discharge
-Tri Attack

Rhode Island (Togetic)
-Magical Leaf
-Defog
-Fly
-AncientPower

Florida (Scizor)
-Swords Dance
-Rock Smash
-X-Scissor
-Bullet Punch

Washington (Spiritomb)
-Water Pulse
-Nasty Plot
-Sucker Punch
-Shock Wave

-Psybeam
-Thunderbolt
-Recover
-Signal Beam

New Jersey (Pikachu)
-Thunder Wave
-Quick Attack
-Rock Smash
-Thunderbolt

California (Gastrodon)
-Hidden Power [Fighting]
-Body Slam
-Earthquake
-Surf

Louisiana (Roserade)
-Giga Drain
-Cut
-Petal Dance
-Sludge Bomb

Last edited:

ActiveTransport

Fiery Torch
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 5, 2021
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
I'm ushered through a series of antechambers to where the first Senator awaits me. He introduces himself as Aaron, a naturalist from the southern regions of the colonies. Though I'm sure he'd be content to regale me the whole day long with stories of his insect collections, we both know that's not why I'm here.

West Virginia is my first choice for this debate. Many would think it odd that I don't choose New Mexico, but I'm concerned that his hot-blooded nature will lead to him exhausting himself too quickly with Flare Blitz attacks. Furthermore, neither he nor his ally Alaska will do well against Drapion's beefy physical resistance. So, here we are! West Virginia plows through Yanmega, Vespiquen, and Scizor with two ThunderPunches and one Fire Punch. Heracross doesn't fold quite so easily, but I can't say how much attention Aaron himself is giving this debate: out of all the skills he could choose to employ, Night Slash is far and away the least bothersome.

Last is only Drapion, so Missouri tags in. She's not one to make the first move, but two Cross Poisons in a row don't faze her. Meanwhile, Drapion is washed away as thoroughly as his inks and parchment papers by a pair of Surfs. That's one victory! Aaron concedes defeat and hands me the key to unlock another wing of this mighty edifice.
Senator Bertha is the next to greet me. She's good friends with Abigail Adams, or so I'm told, and it shows: both women are known for the spine they show when it comes to defending their values. If it's a scrap Bertha wants, I'll give her one!

New Hampshire comes out swinging with a Pinap-powered Natural Gift. The technique's flowery, exotic flourish is more than Whiscash can bear. Bertha's next retainer, Gliscor, must be from the South judging by how poorly he handles an Ice Beam. Montana's partner then puts in another appearance to put down Golem with a single DynamicPunch.

Hippowdon is where things get tricky. Its speech pattern is so bizarre, it's as though the entire climate of the debate has changed. Montana is prepared for such a situation, but while she's busy opening a reference volume and attempting to hail her opponent, the said opponent isn't waiting idle. The Stone Edge only has a 64% chance to land, but land it does, and I can tell my delegate is suffering. With the proper defense now readied, though, she retaliates with a Blizzard of supreme potency. Bertha is left with only one assistant, a rather slow-witted brute if I might say so, but Montana is near the end of her rope. New Hampshire is glad of the chance to rejoin the fray; his initial outburst has the Rhyperior unbalanced enough to lose track of its notes. While the poor fellow scrambles to recover from its confusion, my own heavyweight debater launches one final DynamicPunch to dismantle the last of Bertha's strength. Halfway there, and so I move on!
The next Senator is the only one I've met prior to this moment, and the one whose reputation most precedes him: the fiery Flint. California and Louisana, endowed with Rain Dance and Weather Ball shenanigans, were the ones destined to face him, but Lady Fortune had other ideas. The bitter poetry of them having been killed by this man's best friend is at the forefront of my mind. Of all the debates I expected to encounter here, this is the one which most troubles me. Flint is known for his brutally powerful, relentless barrages. If my allies hold up well, I'll feel greatly reassured about this whole endeavor. If not...well, I'll just make sure we emerge victorious here and now!

Once again, West Virginia takes point. He immediately sends up a prayer for cool emotions and steady aim, which pours water on Houndoom's incendiary tactics. A Thunder fails to take it out, though, giving Flint's delegate the chance to pump himself up with happy thoughts of a sunny day. While Flint distributes field medicine, West Virginia again tips the climate in his favor, and after a number of blows emerges victorious. He allows Missouri to take over in her native element against Infernape. A single Surf seals the deal, but not before the opponent lands a critical hit ThunderPunch which robs her of 3/4 of her stamina. Flint and Volkner are quite a pair in that regard.

Sheer muscle will be the play against Rapidash, meaning West Virginia returns. Inexplicably, it dashes away to the far side of the room, wasting time on selecting a Bounce paper which was hardly worth the trouble. He's able to stomach a Thunder, only to repeat the same ineffective maneuver! I'm not sure what Senator Flint's game is, but I'll gladly take the chance to silence another of his delegates. Still, the prolonged fight isn't good for my own team either, as West Virginia finds himself with 2/3 of his resources exhausted.

Flareon, thankfully, is no trouble at all for a rain-boosted Surf from Missouri. She remains in place while Magmortar steps up. I've said before that I didn't conduct all those experiments with electricity in my youth for nothing! West Virginia appears just in time to absorb a Thunderbolt, which is downright pleasant for him and leaves him fully energized to finish this fight. Yet another questionable decision from Flint sees him appealing to the vast bounty of this sunwashed land--a lengthy and weak assault when the sky is still draped in rain clouds. It's all the opportunity we need to fire off one last ThunderPunch. The stinging blow leaves this fiery young man and his whole coalition speechless and gasping for breath.
Of the four senators present here today, only one remains. Lucian is certainly the most enigmatic and perhaps the most dangerous of them all. Any advantage I may have had over his companions in terms of skill and experience has now dissipated compared to him. People often know me for my little jokes, but I'll be having none of that now.

Alaska starts things off properly with a Night Slash oneshot against Mr. Mime. It's here that Lucian catches me off guard by immediately summoning his best debater, a Level 59 Gallade. New Mexico has been patiently waiting his turn, and now the moment has arrived. Flare Blitz wallops Gallade, but its Stone Edge is no slouch even in spite of the specially prepared Charti rations New Mexico carried. One more Flare Blitz is all it takes, but my fiery old friend is left with a mere 31 HP. Bronzong is next. A Steel-type is the last thing Alaska wants to face, but New Mexico knows his Flame Wheel won't be enough to lay this task to rest. I know it too.

In the heat of the debate, he turns around and looks at me. It's okay. He'll protect Alaska one more time. His partners Maryland and Florida have long since made their sacrifice. So have Oklahoma, Michigan, Mississippi, and Idaho, all his original friends in my coalition. Not him, though. He's been at my side for months. For every single Governor who signed a decree in our favor, every bluehead we sent running in shame, every Senator who's accepted the vision I see for this country...New Mexico was there. It's okay. His fire led us along every road. It will lead us to one more victory. It's okay. New Mexico is shining with his characteristic fierce pride and determination as he charges in with Flare Blitz.

Lost New Mexico the Rapidash

And somehow...Bronzong survives. My noblest, greatest friend offered up his very life for this cause, and it wasn't enough. Lucian looks on impassively while dousing his delegate with medicine. Alaska's Night Slash does barely under half of Bronzong's health. It's still not enough. What more can I do? What more should I have done?

My pain, though, is also hers. From the day they met I remarked how how the light and warmth of New Mexico's fire was the perfect complement to Alaska's own tendencies. With that gone, a change has come over her. The bereaved warrior is practically radiating darkness and ice as she cuts down Bronzong with a second, critical hit Night Slash. She doesn't even pause for breath. Neither Alakazam nor Espeon can so much as blink before the sharpness of Alaska's words renders moot anything they might have said.

Lucian is less perturbed by his loss than I would have expected. There's even the ghost of a smile on his expressionless face as he gestures me onward, toward the building's central hall and grand ballroom. One more person is waiting for me. An old friend, someone I hardly expected to meet here, is eagerly anticipating my arrival.
Before proceeding any further, I take a few moments for one final review. Part of this involves passing out various rare treasures--14 in total--shared among my five remaining delegates. They should all look and feel their best. This is truly the fight of our lives; nothing up to this point can compare, and I want them all to be exactly on the level of whatever awaits us in that room. Then, it's time.

I step into the magnificent room, awed in spite of myself. Who should be waiting there, sprawled lazily in a chair, but Aaron Burr? Somehow, deep down, I'm not surprised. All through the war he was shifty--appearing at seemingly random times to offer advice, bestow gifts, or forge connections. But to what end? Whenever any real danger appeared, whenever those of us with real passion were shedding our blood, sweat, and tears for these sacred principles, where was he? No, something is wrong. This man, Aaron Burr, represents everything we have left to overcome. The British were a clearly defined enemy, and we beat them. The way forward, over unbroken ground, is far more treacherous, but we have men like General Washington to lead us. There's a fellow who believes in this, in all of it, and fought for it. Aaron Burr is not that man. Neither liberty nor death are appealing to him, but only a lowly, cowering third way. He is my final obstacle, and I will end things here.

New Hampshire opens the battle at a slower pace than he's usually accustomed to do, but the foresight pays off when he withstands Spiritomb's Psychic with a Payapa medication and retaliates with a devastating DynamicPunch. Montana then targets Togekiss with Ice Beam, but its failure to immediately do away with the hardy opponent means she must suffer the loss of over half her own health from Air Slash. This pattern then seems to repeat itself; Burr and I know each other all too well. New Hampshire takes Lucario's Aura Sphere well and shows it how a real fighter does things with another DynamicPunch. Montana then barely fails to take out Roserade with another Ice Beam. The difference this time is that Roserade's Energy Ball finds its mark on an already weakened delegate.

Lost Montana the Froslass

Montana, you were instrumental in getting us this far. You supported your partner well, and dished out some truly powerful techniques in your day. While I was never able to full draw out your Ghost-type capabilities, you made up for it with invaluable Ice coverage, and I never for a second regretted inviting you to leave the reserves and join me. Rest in peace.

Always eager to fight, New Hampshire has the additional motivation of avenging his fallen ally. Aaron Burr takes a moment to refresh his Roserade, but we keep up the pressure with Rock Climb. One area where New Hampshire has always specialized is in disorienting and confusing his opponents. Roserade is subjected to the same fate as Bertha's Rhyperior, and in those crucial seconds of lost time, a second Rock Climb gets the knockout. We're 2/3 of the way through, and I know New Hampshire will put on a brave face to the end, but he can't match the pace of Burr's tricksome Milotic. One overwhelming Surf is all it takes.

Lost New Hampshire the Machamp

Though at first it seemed like he was merely second string to New Jersey, New Hampshire proved himself a champion indeed during the all-too-brief time we spent together. One whose power stopped Alexander Hamilton in his tracks is worthy of honor and remembrance. Now you can continue to be with Montana even past this life.

Of my remaining delegates, West Virginia, the "stranger to blue water," has the best chance of overcoming the water-loving Milotic. A single ThunderPunch justifies my hunch, and at this point I can tell Burr is losing his cool. Only one delegate remains to him, but he is a true menace, known and feared up and down the Colonies: Garchomp. I trust Missouri with this task. The ever-brutal Dragon Rush shaves away half her strength, and then she rallies for an Ice Beam. Garchomp staggers...and steadies on its feet. His rage sets the very room quaking, and it's too much for Missouri to bear.

Lost Missouri the Octillery

Missouri, you were among the very last delegates I recruited on this journey, but your energy and enthusiam distinguished you from the beginning. You worked hard to keep up with your ally and never hesitated to take on any duty that would support the coalition as a whole. I wish we had the chance to spend more time together, but your death here was not in vain. Goodbye, friend.

It's no surprise that West Virginia charges back into the fight next, displaying a temper of his own. That may be all the more reason for this haughty, merciless Garchomp to look down upon some yokel from the hinterlands, and I fear the worst. Alaska has still been silently, patiently waiting for another chance to unleash her icy fury, but I've witnessed enough death for one day. Call it foolish, soft sentimentality, but I don't want to lose anyone else.

And then, a miracle happens. West Virginia moves first. He hurtles across the room, throws a punch as cold and solid as a block of ice, and seizes Garchomp by the neck. The vitality drains from the beastly man as if in slow motion, and he falls over backward with a crash to shake the very heavens. That's it. I've won.

Only two members of my active coalition survived the fight, but I couldn't be more proud of them. Alaska executed every task with swift and flawless efficiency. She'll be remembered as the first herald of our victory in the Revolutionary War, the one who pacified and dispersed the militant American citizens. West Virginia was very much a latecomer, but he took up the mantle of our cause with unparalleled vigor. He not only avenged his own partner well, but brought justice to the accomplice of the killer of his predecessors. The one who within these walls dealt the final blow against tyranny will not be forgotten. Alaska and West Virginia now stand together as the greatest pair of allies this land has ever seen, united not only by their knowledge of Ice Punch, but by their shared experience of triumph in the face of nigh-insurmountable toils.

Aaron Burr is beside himself. He screams about having planned this for too long, and refusing to stand by while watching another scheme arise to supplant his own. It's at this moment that General Washington arrives. He's positively beaming with pride, and I know all will be well. I never see what happens to Burr, but instead my attention is drawn by a large document the General carries in his hand. He leads me to a side room with a drawing table and unfurls the parchment. At long last, the work is done, and at 81 years of age I joyfully affix my signature to the very symbol of our liberty. We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
Time at first Hall of Fame: 110:31
Pokédex: 206 Seen, 65 Obtained
Total Catches: 40
Total Deaths: 23

Wow. What an incredible adventure. This has been nearly four months of continual effort, whenever my schedule would allow, so I'm very, very glad I beat this run and don't have to try it again. I never expected that over half my catches would end up dead. It was very frustrating how heavily skewed my reserves were towards males instead of females. I don't like to think what would have happened if I hadn't included the genderless clause, but the RNG gave me just enough to work with at every turn. Getting to use Scizor, my second-favorite species, and Magnezone, my third-favorite species, was awesome, and losing them both in the way I did was equally wrenching, but that's the way the challenge cookie crumbles. In the end I gained experience with, and admiration for, numerous Pokémon I probably would never have bothered using otherwise, and that's what a challenge run is all about!

A no-items-in-battle Platinum Wedlocke is tough, no doubt. Would you look at the caliber of Pokémon in my dead box! The sense of accomplishment is amazing, though. This really feels like the perfect vindication of over a decade of pouring so much love into the world of Pokémon. Right now I don't have any plans to do more Pokémon challenges. With this victory I've completed the sort of "holy trinity" I mentioned in the opening post. One way or another, though, I'm sure you'll still see me around...as the journey continues!
Alaska (Weavile)
Level 62, holding Icicle Plate
-Rock Smash
-Ice Punch
-Icy Wind
-Night Slash

West Virginia (Electivire)
Level 62, holding Zap Plate
Motor Drive, Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SpD)
-Thunder
-Rain Dance
-ThunderPunch
-Ice Punch
Delaware (Drifloon)
Level 15
-Minimize
-Astonish
-Gust
-Focus Energy

Arkansas (Shieldon)
Level 20
-Taunt
-Metal Sound
-Take Down
-Iron Defense

Nevada (Clefairy)
Level 17
-Sing
-DoubleSlap
-Defense Curl
-Follow Me

North Dakota (Unown D)
Level 20

Kansas (Duskull)
Level 19
-Disable
-Foresight
-Astonish
-Confuse Ray

Maine (Noctowl)
Level 21
-Hypnosis
-Peck
-Uproar
-Reflect

Texas (Rhyhorn)
Level 24
-Tail Whip
-Stomp
-Fury Attack
-Scary Face

Wyoming (Girafarig)
Level 26
-Stomp
-Agility
-Psybeam
-Baton Pass

Oregon (Buizel)
Level 25
-Water Gun
-Pursuit
-Swift
-Aqua Jet

Minnesota (Bibarel)
Level 28
-Water Gun
-Headbutt
-Hyper Fang
-Yawn

Hawaii (Goldeen)
Level 16
-Tail Whip
-Water Sport
-Supersonic
-Horn Attack

Tennessee (Chatot)
Level 30
-Fury Attack
-Chatter
-Taunt
-Mimic

South Carolina (Finneon)
Level 19
-Water Gun
-Attract
-Rain Dance
-Gust

Virginia (Snover)
Level 35
-Swagger
-Mist
-Ice Shard
-Ingrain

North Carolina (Mantyke)
Level 31
Water Absorb, Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spe)
-Agility
-Wing Attack
-Water Pulse
-Take Down
Illinois (Zubat)
-Leech Life
-Supersonic
-Astonish

Mississippi (Staravia)
-Double Team
-Endeavor
-Quick Attack
-Pluck

Idaho (Graveler)
-Magnitude
-Rock Throw
-Rock Blast
-Rock Polish

Colorado (Gastly)
-Lick
-Sucker Punch
-Night Shade
-Curse

Michigan (Luxio)
-Bite
-Flash
-Charge
-Spark

Maryland (Psyduck)
-Rock Smash
-Confusion
-Fury Swipes
-Water Pulse

New York (Umbreon)
-Payback
-Faint Attack
-Confuse Ray
-Quick Attack

Pennsylvania (Bronzong)
-Rock Smash
-Natural Gift
-Extrasensory
-Grass Knot

Alabama (Gyarados)
-Dragon Rage
-Ice Fang
-Bite
-Thrash
Killed by self-inflicted confusion damage from Thrash.

Oklahoma (Torterra)
-Rock Tomb
-Earthquake
-Cut
-Razor Leaf

Georgia (Beautifly)
-Giga Drain
-Defog
-Stun Spore
-Bug Buzz

Ohio (Magnezone)
-Magnet Bomb
-Thunder Wave
-Discharge
-Tri Attack

Rhode Island (Togetic)
-Magical Leaf
-Defog
-Fly
-AncientPower

Florida (Scizor)
-Swords Dance
-Rock Smash
-X-Scissor
-Bullet Punch

Washington (Spiritomb)
-Water Pulse
-Nasty Plot
-Sucker Punch
-Shock Wave

-Psybeam
-Thunderbolt
-Recover
-Signal Beam

New Jersey (Pikachu)
-Thunder Wave
-Quick Attack
-Rock Smash
-Thunderbolt

California (Gastrodon)
-Hidden Power [Fighting]
-Body Slam
-Earthquake
-Surf

Louisiana (Roserade)
-Giga Drain
-Cut
-Petal Dance
-Sludge Bomb

New Mexico (Rapidash)
Level 7-59, partnered with Maryland, Florida, and Alaska
-Strength
-Megahorn
-Flare Blitz
-Flame Wheel
Killed by self-inflicted recoil damage from Flare Blitz against Lucian's Bronzong.

Montana (Froslass)
Level 32-62, partnered with New Jersey and New Hampshire
-Blizzard
-Hail
-Ice Beam
-Psychic
Killed by an Energy Ball from Cynthia's Roserade.

New Hampshire (Machamp)
Level 28-62, partnered with Montana
-Rock Climb
-Natural Gift
-DynamicPunch
-Foresight
Killed by a Surf from Cynthia's Milotic.

Missouri (Octillery)
Level 19-62, partnered with West Virginia
Suction Cups, Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
-Waterfall
-Signal Beam
-Ice Beam
-Surf
Killed by an Earthquake from Cynthia's Garchomp.

Last edited:

ActiveTransport

Fiery Torch
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 5, 2021
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Johto League Rosters

As long as I have a blog thread, I might as well occasionally write something that resembles a true blog post, right? Not that I much care if anyone reads it: this is more an exercise in getting my thoughts down than anything I desire to make known to the world. So here goes, and if you do stumble across my blog (I feel weird just typing that) and spend a couple minutes reading, I hope you enjoy.

I say this as someone whose favorite Pokemon games ever are HeartGold and SoulSilver: The bosses in Johto have some really dumb rosters. We all know it, but now I seek to improve it. This is how things would look if I were in charge, trying to be as faithful as possible to type specialties and roster sizes while also doing things that, you know, make sense. I'm taking Gold and Silver as my starting point here, assuming things will be the exact same in the remakes (which, for better or worse, is an entirely valid assumption). As a bonus treat I will include both initial and rematch lineups, with the ace in bold. I'm not here to dig into team levels or game balance or anything of that sort, but I will include a Pokémon's moveset (whole or partial) if I feel that it's necessary to justify my choice of that species. Or occasionally if I just want to.

--Natu (Peck, Leer, Night Shade, Wing Attack)
--Gligar (Poison Sting, Sand-Attack, Wing Attack)

Notes: In my little headcanon here, Wing Attack will be the TM move distributed by Falkner. This is so Johto will actually have a Flying-type TM in Gen II, taking the slot occupied by Detect. Detect is identical to Protect except with less PP and a much narrower distribution: there's absolutely no reason to have both of them around at once.
--Xatu
--Gligar
--Togetic
--Pidgeot
--Noctowl

Notes: Falkner is the only person whose ace changes between battles. I want to use the initial matches to showcase Johto Pokémon as much as possible, and the game has likely already "showcased" about a hundred Hoothoot by that point. Gligar is intimidating enough as the first boss in the game, but it's not about to be running point for the serious Flying-types. The Gym Leaders will max out at teams of five Pokémon for their rematches. This is to distinguish them from the Elite Four, who will each have six, and because there's just not that much to choose from sometimes.
--Ledyba
--Spinarak
--Scyther
--Scyther
--Ledian
--Ariados
--Shuckle
--Forretress

Notes: Yes, this rematch team is painfully bad. Anything prior to Gen V is not exactly the glory days of the Bug-type, and I need others elsewhere on this list for type-balance reasons. Hey, it could still be worse (looking at you, Yanma). Bugsy has the further dubious honor of being the only person on this list whose ace is not fully-evolved, though at least Scizor's stats aren't any higher than Scyther's on average.
--Aipom
--Miltank
--Miltank
--Aipom
--Granbull
--Tauros
--Porygon2
--Misdreavus
--Gastly
--Haunter
--Gengar

Notes: Remember what I said about Gligar for Falkner? Yeah, Misdreavus isn't going to hold up as ace material at any point.
--Misdreavus (offensive)
--Misdreavus (defensive)
--Haunter (offensive)
--Haunter (defensive)
--Gengar

Notes: I can only do so much with four species. Wherever multiples of the same species appear on someone's roster, I'll leave some kind of defining characteristic. None of them will be identical.
--Heracross
--Hitmontop
--Hitmontop
--Heracross
--Primeape
--Poliwrath
--Politoed (DynamicPunch, Counter, Seismic Toss, Waterfall)

Notes: There are fewer Fighting-type Pokémon to go around than you might think. This is where Gen I transfer moves come in handy; you'll see them again.
--Magnemite
--Magneton
--Steelix
--Steelix (Iron Tail)
--Scizor (Metal Claw)
--Skarmory (Steel Wing)
--Magneton (ThunderShock, Swift, Lock-On, Zap Cannon)
--Magneton (ThunderShock, Swift, Rain Dance, Thunder)

Notes: I specifically calculated Jasmine's rematch roster to represent all three Steel-type moves introduced in Gen II. Magneton, it turns out, cannot learn a single Steel-type move in this generation.
--Delibird (Present, Icy Wind, nothing else)
--Sneasel
--Dewgong
--Piloswine
--Piloswine
--Delibird (Present, Icy Wind, Wing Attack, Rest)
--Sneasel
--Dewgong
--Jynx

Notes: Rest seems to fit on Piloswine and Dewgong, it matches Jynx's Psychic-type, and I didn't know what else to do with Delibird, so maybe all of Pryce's Pokémon will have Rest in the rematch. Just for funsies. He's an old man who needs his naps.
--Dragonair (Ice Beam)
--Dragonair (Thunderbolt)
--Dragonair (Surf)
--Kingdra
--Dragonair (Ice Beam)
--Dragonair (Thunderbolt)
--Dragonite (Surf, Flamethrower)
--Kingdra
--Arcanine (Dragon Breath, Dragon Rage, Roar, Flamethrower)

--Wobbuffet
--Girafarig
--Espeon
--Slowbro
--Slowking
--Hypno
--Wobbuffet
--Girafarig
--Espeon
--Slowbro
--Slowking
--Qwilfish
--Vileplume
--Crobat
--Venomoth
--Muk
--Weezing
--Qwilfish
--Vileplume
--Crobat
--Venomoth
--Muk
--Sudowoodo (Low Kick, DynamicPunch, Rock Throw, Rock Slide)
--Hitmontop
--Hitmonlee
--Hitmonchan
--Machamp
--Pinsir (Seismic Toss, Submission, Fury Cutter, Swords Dance)
--Sudowoodo (Low Kick, DynamicPunch, Rock Throw, Rock Slide)
--Hitmontop
--Hitmonlee
--Hitmonchan
--Machamp
--Umbreon
--Murkrow
--Raticate (Pursuit, Bite, Hyper Fang, Super Fang)
--Pupitar (Crunch, Scary Face, Rock Slide, Sandstorm)
--Houndoom
--Umbreon
--Murkrow
--Raticate (Pursuit, Bite, Hyper Fang, Super Fang)
--Fearow (Thief, Faint Attack, Drill Peck, Mirror Move)
--Tyranitar
--Houndoom

--Gyarados
--Aerodactyl
--Ampharos
--Dragonite (Thunder, Dragon Rage, Hyper Beam, Twister)
--Dragonite (Blizzard, Dragon Rage, Hyper Beam, Twister)
--Dragonite (Fire Blast, Safeguard, Hyper Beam, Outrage)

Notes: I wanted to let Charizard be Red's thing. Plus, it's a travesty that one of the most popular Johto Pokémon doesn't appear on the roster of any in-game boss, and we all know Ampharos is a dragon anyway. Right, Kalos?
--Pikachu
--Venusaur
--Charizard
--Blastoise
--Snorlax
--Aerodactyl

Notes: I'm not going to bother with reviewing the Kanto Gym Leaders, but I thought it would be a bit much if Will, Sabrina, and Red each had an Espeon. As far as I'm concerned, it's equally canonical for Red to command an Aerodactyl as an Espeon: he uses both of them in the Pokémon Adventures manga, and both of them (as an Eevee, in Espeon's case) appear as one-time events in each of the first two generations.

Last edited:

ActiveTransport

Fiery Torch
Team Omega
Pokédex No.
Caught
Feb 5, 2021
Nature
Hardy
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Psychic
Pokédex Entry
Redefining the Normal-type

Here I am again, back with my second "blog" post in under a month. Lord have mercy.

The Normal-type has never made much sense to me. These creatures are Pokémon; none of them are normal. The vast majority of them have affiliations with one or two obvious, sensible elemental or mystical phenomena such as fire, insects, or the fae. (I don't mean to imply that type assignments are always obvious or sensible, but at least the types themselves are.) In my view, the Normal-type stands out as a glaring exception. Are all of these Pokémon the result of Game Freak being too lazy to creatively assign an inherently meaningful type, or to invent one where necessary? If this type serves as a neutral, default, or catch-all space, how do we explain the numerous Normal dual-typed Pokémon, including far too many Flying-types but also things like Sawsbuck and Pyroar?

My personal conclusion is that the Normal-type has no real justification for existing, so in this blog post, I will be re-typing every species that is part Normal. For some, like Pidgeot, this will be fairly straightforward, but for others not so much. I am not redesigning any Pokémon. It's perfectly justifiable to give them new moves to support a new typing, as was the case for many new Fairy-types in Gen VI, and movepool adjustments are made every generation. What I mean is that Rattata will not suddenly have fins just so that I can call it a Water-type, and Wooloo will not be on fire. These are like retcons, not regional variants.

To aid me in this quest I will be introducing one completely arbitrary but quite helpful tool. For years it has been the subject of rumors and speculations, but here at last, the Sound-type will see the light of day. This lets me keep the total number of types at 18, and there are a number of Normal-types for whom it seems appropriate. How does this affect the type chart? How does the Sound-type interact with other types? Don't know, don't care. With this nifty deus ex machina lodged firmly in my toolbox, it's time to get down to business. Here is every Normal-type Pokémon if it wasn't a Normal-type.

Pidgey -- Flying
Pidgeotto -- Flying
Pidgeot -- Flying
M-Pidgeot -- Flying
Rattata -- Ground (Dark would have been perfect but sadly the regional variant beat me to it.)
Raticate -- Ground
A-Rattata -- Dark
A-Raticate -- Dark
Spearow -- Flying
Fearow -- Flying
Jigglypuff -- Fairy/Sound (The first victim of my creative overreach)
Wigglytuff -- Fairy/Sound
Meowth -- Steel/Electric (This time I have not one, but TWO regional variants getting in my way.)
Persian -- Steel/Electric
Farfetch'd -- Flying/Grass
Doduo -- Ground/Flying
Dodrio -- Ground/Flying
Lickitung -- Poison
Chansey -- Fairy
Kangaskhan -- Rock
M-Kangaskhan -- Rock
Tauros -- Steel
Ditto -- Psychic
Eevee -- Ground (This one was rough.)
Porygon -- Electric
Snorlax -- Sound
Sentret -- Ground
Furret -- Ground
Hoothoot -- Flying/Sound
Noctowl -- Flying/Sound
Igglybuff -- Fairy/Sound
Aipom -- Fighting
Girafarig -- Psychic/Dark
Dunsparce -- Dragon
Teddiursa -- Fighting
Ursaring -- Fighting
Porygon2 -- Electric
Stantler -- Psychic (And you might as well stick Wyrdeer with pure Psychic too)
Smeargle -- Poison (This one was also rough.)
Miltank -- Grass
Blissey -- Fairy
Zigzagoon -- Ground/Fairy
Linoone -- Ground/Fairy
G-Zigzagoon -- Dark
G-Linoone -- Dark
Taillow -- Flying
Swellow -- Flying
Slakoth -- Fighting
Vigoroth -- Fighting
Slaking -- Fighting
Whismur -- Sound
Loudred -- Sound
Exploud -- Sound
Azurill -- Water/Fairy
Skitty -- Ghost
Delcatty -- Ghost
Spinda -- Psychic
Swablu -- Sound/Flying
Zangoose -- Dark
Castform -- Flying
Kecleon -- Ghost
Starly -- Flying
Staravia -- Flying
Staraptor -- Flying/Fighting
Bidoof -- Water
Bibarel -- Water
Ambipom -- Fighting
Buneary -- Fighting
Lopunny -- Fighting
M-Lopunny -- Fighting
Glameow -- Dark
Purugly -- Dark
Happiny -- Fairy
Chatot -- Sound/Flying
Munchlax -- Sound
Lickilicky -- Poison
Porygon-Z -- Electric
Regigigas -- Fighting
Arceus -- Dragon
Patrat -- Psychic
Watchog -- Psychic
Lillipup -- Ice
Herdier -- Ice
Stoutland -- Ice
Pidove -- Flying
Tranquill -- Flying
Unfezant -- Flying
Audino -- Fairy
M-Audino -- Fairy
Minccino -- Sound (Another rough one)
Cinccino -- Sound
Deerling -- Grass
Sawsbuck -- Grass
Bouffalant -- Steel
Rufflet -- Flying/Fighting
Braviary -- Flying/Fighting
Meloetta-Aria -- Sound/Psychic
Meloetta-Pirouette -- Sound/Fighting
Bunnelby -- Ground
Diggersby -- Ground
Fletchling -- Fire/Flying
Litleo -- Fire
Pyroar -- Fire
Furfrou -- Fairy
Helioptile -- Electric
Heliolisk -- Electric
Pikipek -- Flying
Trumbeak -- Flying
Toucannon -- Flying/Fire
Yungoos -- Ground
Gumshoos -- Ground
Stufful -- Fighting
Bewear -- Fighting
Oranguru -- Psychic
Type: Null -- Steel
Silvally -- Steel
Komala -- Grass
Drampa -- Dragon
Skwovet -- Ground
Greedent -- Ground/Poison
Wooloo -- Grass
Dubwool -- Grass
Obstagoon -- Dark
Indeedee -- Psychic/Sound

That wasn't so bad. I was able to make use of every official type except Bug, and I added 17 Sound-types. A couple of my decisions are pretty difficult to justify, sure, but that's the price I pay. Whether or not you agree with my opinion on the Normal-type, I hope you enjoyed my exercise in alternate possibilities.

Trollkitten

Kitten of Lore
Artist
Writer
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Quirky
Pronouns
She/her, Aetherai Lorekeeper
Pokémon Type
  1. Fairy
  2. Clever
Pokédex Entry
Autistic writer who starts more things than she finishes. Hyper asexual Twitch Plays Pokemon lorewriter. Rather be a happy shill than an angry critic.
I mean... in the Pokemon world, Pokemon are normal. No one can imagine the world without them. I view the Normal type as more of a neutral elemental classification -- it's still an element, per se, but it's one not tied to any one natural or supernatural phenomenon, just a basic type with a variety of different applications.

Users who are viewing this thread