• Want to support a good cause? Visit https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/ to see how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement, even without donating.
  • New here and still figuring out the site? Check out the New User Guide and FAQ for some help!
  • 🎊🎊🎊 Happy Nuzyear! The promotional period for the 11th annual Nuzlocke Forums Extravaganza has begun. Go shout from the rooftops about your favorite runs!
  • Trying to figure out how the different forums have changed? This thread is the place for you.
  • One of our new features includes receiving a message on Discord when you have alerts. Find out how, here!
  • Have you seen our Stream tab? It let's you peek in and chat with our forum streamers on-site, from both Twitch AND Picarto! You can even view multiple streams at once. You can submit your own channel via Streams > Submit Channel.
  • If you're a fan of giving and recieving constructive criticism check out this resource about Critique Level Tags!

Mafia Moms vs Dinosaurs mafia

Chess

birds can't hurt me these shades are gucci
Globetrotter
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Team Omega
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
They/Them/She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Grass
Pokédex Entry
can be bribed with shiny objects and spices to do household repairs. utterly incapable of many things, but does them anyway
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi i'm awake and can clarify some things
@Chess Does that mean once someone has been protected by the Doc, they can't be protected again ever? Or just not on consecutive Nights
It means that the same doctor cannot protect the same person more than once

. A question we might need to ask Chess is how the fake gun works; we know that it'll target someone on your faction but we don't know if it's always random. if it's not random a fake gun in village hands kills a (presumably village) target in exchange for a clear, and mafia is going to be pressed to try any plays because a fake gun claimed will kill a mafia, out themselves, and presumably clear the target as well. could easily set that up for next day phase?
Fake guns
- will kill a random target aligned with the shooter, bypassing protection if the random target is protected
- will not fire if there are no players aligned with the shooter
- will not target the shooter

Unless we have a way to kill Chess without wasting resources, attempting to kill Chess is just that: A waste of resources. If we have a way to do it with no risk then sure maybe, but I'd much rather attempt to kill the people actually in the game and more likely to actually be the third party we're looking for. Mafia or third party would be ok with us wasting our resources like that though...
the game isn't nearly abstract enough for trying to kill me to do anything, but frankly i respect everyone for immediately zeroing in on that as a possibility. i wish i thought of it because it would have been super funny.

theCape

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 6, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
Seems to always be starting a new campaign/project despite not having enough time.
Town shooting guns is easy because both bads are situationally goods. Doc protection lasts through the day so if we know who got protected we can start blasting for a village clear at the cost of a death, potentially. A question we might need to ask Chess is how the fake gun works; we know that it'll target someone on your faction but we don't know if it's always random. if it's not random a fake gun in village hands kills a (presumably village) target in exchange for a clear, and mafia is going to be pressed to try any plays because a fake gun claimed will kill a mafia, out themselves, and presumably clear the target as well. could easily set that up for next day phase?

So, best case scenario is that whoever was protected knows they were protected and claims. The good gun ends up in Village hands and shoots whoever was protected and we get a clear for everyone to claim to.

A bad scenario is that the person comes forward and claims. The bad gun is in Village hands and when that's shot we lose someone at random (possibly a power role). The good gun is in Mafia hands and they decide not to shoot so we're left unsure if we can trust the claimaint.

The worst case scenario is that something other than the Doc prevented the kill last Night. A mafia member immune to guns or protected some other way steps forward, gets shot but doesn't die, and town feeds their info to Mafia. Or, Doc counterclaims this and outs themselves to be shot on the next Night.

There's a lot of ifs and I don't like the risk of stepping forward right now.

FALCHI

Conqueror of the Fuchsia Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 8, 2021
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dragon
OK believe it or not i have a gun! your gona have 3hours to choice who to shoot cause im shooting this one and the ones from beginners mafia game know why , either you choiced who to shot or not im gona shot soo choice or take the chance of me being unlucky since i dont even know if its real..but im gona shoot it!

FALCHI

Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 8, 2021
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dragon
no one is going to snatch away from me my pew pew moment this time!

0 Anonymous

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Pokémon Type
  1. ???
So, best case scenario is that whoever was protected knows they were protected and claims. The good gun ends up in Village hands and shoots whoever was protected and we get a clear for everyone to claim to.

A bad scenario is that the person comes forward and claims. The bad gun is in Village hands and when that's shot we lose someone at random (possibly a power role). The good gun is in Mafia hands and they decide not to shoot so we're left unsure if we can trust the claimaint.

The worst case scenario is that something other than the Doc prevented the kill last Night. A mafia member immune to guns or protected some other way steps forward, gets shot but doesn't die, and town feeds their info to Mafia. Or, Doc counterclaims this and outs themselves to be shot on the next Night.

There's a lot of ifs and I don't like the risk of stepping forward right now.
shooting the protected with the good gun isn't a clear by any means. the only way we'd get a clear is using the fake gun on a Doc target because it very clearly kills someone on the same team and bypasses protection, meaning the shooter HAD to be village.

With the clarification that bad gun is random it's much less of an option to do claims that way, but before that clarification it seemed possible to target specifically and force the mafia into a lose/lose. With that new information we don't have a clear way to get a claim out there I don't think.

worst case wouldn't happen as because just because you get shot and survive doesn't mean you're a clear.

Also interesting
I put me on the table for now

Anemone

yeah i know about the fish
Screenshotter
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 30, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Cool
  2. ???
Pokédex Entry
earthbound fan extraordinaire
shoot me, you won't

Rueblie

Not worth mentioning
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
Whatever
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
They question if it even exists anymore and it seems annoying enough for them to not want to find out.
the game isn't nearly abstract enough for trying to kill me to do anything, but frankly i respect everyone for immediately zeroing in on that as a possibility. i wish i thought of it because it would have been super funny.
That’s what you’d say if killing you was the solution! Quick shoot Chess

But yeah, I guess that’s confirmation this is at least a reasonably normal game. Though that does make picking a target for the gun which we are unhelpfully being forced to use immediately harder

SweatingCalendar

Alligator Lizards in the air, in the aaaiiiiirrrrr
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 24, 2019
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. ???
mafia is alot of fun
However I don’t have a gun
This would be where I’d put a pun
Well too bad for you I have none

Falchi’s dreams of homicide have come true
But who to shoot out of the blue?
With the mafs all hiding in shrouds
Oh dear Falchi, feel free to take any shot in the crowd

FALCHI

Pokédex No.
Caught
Dec 8, 2021
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Electric
  2. Dragon
mafia is alot of fun
However I don’t have a gun
This would be where I’d put a pun
Well too bad for you I have none

Falchi’s dreams of homicide have come true
But who to shoot out of the blue?
With the mafs all hiding in shrouds
Oh dear Falchi, feel free to take any shot in the crowd
nice one!

Norhian Samur

Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Water
Hey Sorry I haven't posted til now, I've been busy with Classes.

Anyway there isn't really that much to go on. As people have suggested there are basically 4 options, those are
  1. Doc Protected the NK Target
  2. Mafia were inactive
  3. Mafia don't start connected and failed to choose a NK target
  4. There are no mafia
Now put bluntly, 1 is the most realistic option imo. 2 Feels really unlikely in the grand scheme of things, since I highly doubt that all of the mafia would be inactive on the very first night. 3 Seems like a bad way to design mafia for a game, and if that were the case I'd expect mafia to have some role that would enforce priority on the kill. 4 is possible but Chessa has very much mentioned that mafia roles are a thing in this game, which isn't like what Plusle did in TZ mafia where he never once stated there were mafia. Now it could be that there's a group of mafia who act more like a cult, but again that feels unlikely with how Chessa was describing things. So I think the most likely scenario is that mafia and doctor targeted the same person.

Gun claims are definitely a good move imo, since we don't know which faction has them, so we can reasonably determine if mafia have the gun or not based on who claims to have them and who doesn't. Otherwise I'm not too sure how we should proceed. I'll try to come up with something else later.

Edit in response to Akane's Question below:
No I don't have a gun, sorry I forgot to mention it.

Last edited:

Akane

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 7, 2021
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This pokèmon rarely does anything useful. He may seem like a female at first, but he actually just "loves" anime girls. His waifu is Akane.
Ok. We'll let Falchi do the pew pew this time.

One between

0 Anon
Rue
Norhian Samur (?)
localhoney
Alolan Floatzel

has the other gun, if no one lied of course.

Samur do you have the gun?

Last edited:

Chess

birds can't hurt me these shades are gucci
Globetrotter
Artist
Writer
Screenshotter
Team Alpha
Team Omega
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
May 13, 2019
Nature
Docile
Pronouns
They/Them/She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Grass
Pokédex Entry
can be bribed with shiny objects and spices to do household repairs. utterly incapable of many things, but does them anyway
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A gun is fired!

Dead: Norhian Samur (Helen (doctor) - Moms)

KitkatKK2

Derp
Writer
Team Alpha
Pokédex No.
Caught
Apr 18, 2021
Nature
Quiet
Pronouns
She/Her
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Clever
  3. ???
Pokédex Entry
This Pokémon can often be found alone in her room writing or reading. This is because she is an introvert who doesn’t feel like going outside today.
ok
well then
that was fake
that or falchi's lying
but let's assume it's fake.

theCape

Conqueror of the Azalea Gym
Pokédex No.
Caught
Oct 6, 2021
Nature
Gentle
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Normal
Pokédex Entry
Seems to always be starting a new campaign/project despite not having enough time.
Great. So Falchi is either confirmed Town with a fake gun, or a Mafia with a real gun who got lucky. At the cost of our Doc.

Norhian Samur

Conqueror of the Ecruteak Gym
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 16, 2019
Nature
Relaxed
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Grass
  2. Water
hqdefault.jpg

Anyway go town I guess.

Rueblie

Not worth mentioning
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jul 4, 2019
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
Whatever
Pokémon Type
  1. Bug
  2. Steel
Pokédex Entry
They question if it even exists anymore and it seems annoying enough for them to not want to find out.
Okay so I’m going to assume that was a fake gun given Falchi was pretty clear in saying they’d target Mon, unless this is an elaborate mafia double bluff but I don’t think it is. So whoever out there has the other gun has a real one.

Also looking at the death now we actually have one, the formatting is interesting. Helen I assume is flavour, doctor is obviously the role but what does moms mean?

Alolan Floatzel

super high school level [redacted]
🎇Contributor
Team Delta
Pokédex No.
Caught
Jun 12, 2019
Nature
Gentle
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Water
  2. Cute
Pokédex Entry
[is baby]
oh. uh.

welp.

anyway i dont have a gun.

Akane

Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 7, 2021
Nature
Lonely
Pronouns
He/him
Pokémon Type
  1. Dark
  2. Fairy
Pokédex Entry
This pokèmon rarely does anything useful. He may seem like a female at first, but he actually just "loves" anime girls. His waifu is Akane.
Also looking at the death now we actually have one, the formatting is interesting. Helen I assume is flavour, doctor is obviously the role but what does moms mean?
I don't know what that means, but I'm a "mom" too. I think it's just another way to say he's village alligned honestly.

Veegee

Johto League Champion
Pokédex No.
Caught
Aug 14, 2019
Nature
Bold
Pronouns
He/Him
Pokémon Type
  1. Fire
  2. Dark
Welp. That was something for me to wake up to. Now pr claims are definitely off the table with the doc gone.

And huh, the "moms" thing is odd, that sounds like a group name or something. Could this be a factions game? I've never been in a factions game before so idk if there's some obvious reason this can't be one.

Btw why the votes on Rue? Neither Eevee nor Cape gave any kind of reasons for that. If we were gonna vote for someone at random, I would've gone for someone like Mello (no offense).

Users who are viewing this thread